• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you might know that every month there is a big news update for MCC where they usually talk about what's coming next, they are usually lengthy and have fantastic insights and info.

Last month 343i released the Inside Halo Infinite article which showed us the first MP screenshots and them being more transparent about what went wrong and where they are going. Well turns out that isn't going to stop.

Ske7ch on reddit:
Has it though? Not saying it's right or a good thing, but considering we went 12 month stretches of total darkness and our last update was on December 8, I don't think there's any cause to worry. Keep in mind that many of us around the studio were out of office for 2 or more weeks to end the year and then it takes time to get back into the swing of things, etc.
We also confirmed our Fall release window in that update, so now it's clear we have some runway ahead of us and some time to go. That said, we're committed to at least monthly high level updates and the next "Inside Infinite" is coming out this week! This month we're talking with members of the sandbox team to share some insights into their vision for Halo Infinite and the work they're doing. To manage expectations, this won't have world premier big screenshots or huge things like a date announce, but our goal is to offer our community more context and insights into our team and the game we're making while we're all awaiting the larger beats and full marketing machine later this year.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
nice, I'm here for it. A lot of my concerns about this game stem from how little we know about it, so I'm looking forward to hearing more

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
No matter what, I'm always glued to the news cycle of the upcoming Halo games. Can't wait to hear more and hopefully SEE more.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The title says next week but the quote says this week. Did they change the commitment or is that just an error?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I'm really excited to learn more and am glad they've got the entire year to continue polishing. Fingers crossed it turns out great.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is they will talk about equipment, weapons and address sprint in this update since it's a look at the sandbox.

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Graphical upgrade is key, the gameplay reveal looked like base Xbox One footage. I'm still amazed by how this was glossed over by several professional critics.

I'm looking forward to the news but surely this puts more pressure on 343 to provide something significant each month? Given what's at stake, they'd be better off keeping their heads down and only release meaningful news. Let's see

Sosukae

Oct 25, 2017
A part of me is looking forward to any info really. But hope they can build the hype back up they choose to drip feed info from different parts of the dev team.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I hope we don't have to wait for june-july to finally have some more gameplay. The news cycle for this Halo game has been unbearable lmao.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Sounds good to me. I really really want to like this game, I'm itching for a great new Halo game.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they show off the multiplayer soon.

I'd even take just ~15 seconds of multiplayer gameplay at this point.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it can be understated how great it is to hear that the Dev team took time off to just relax, and that they have room to breath and really focus on getting the game just right.

Really happy for 343i. Also looking forward to hear more, their last update was incredible, lots of details about what's being done on their tech stack. Getting to hear the thinking behind the gameplay this week will be nice.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Out of morbid curiosity, I kinda wish they had a build of this game from where it was on XSX launch date and a few months after the real release they put it out just so we can see what it would have been like. I just wanted to know how unfinished it truly was up to the point they delayed it.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
Love these updates and glad to see they'll be consistent on a monthly basis.

As for new footage, I'm firmly in the camp of nothing till E3/June, where I fully expect the flighting to go live as well.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine them showing the actual game until they're fully done implementing all the graphical stuff to avoid more backslash.