• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I'm gonna wait to install Xbox copy on my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition until a.) it is confirmed the new patch is out, and b.) the Mars Pack is confirmed working.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
New 4.1 GB update is up for me (just checked now). No idea what's in it. I really wish all patches had text with details before the download.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Love how there is was a shitstorm over the controversy but the actual patch to fix performance issues has been out for hours and no one cares.

Last edited:

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Love how there is as a shitstorm I've the controversy but the actual patch to fix performance issues has been out for hours and no one cares.

I know right? Quite irritating to be honest.

And now, for something completely out of left field...

I would love to see 34BigThings make a DLC track for Redout based on the 3DO / Panasonic M2 'Racing Game' demo from E3 1995.

That would be insane.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New 4.1 GB update is up for me (just checked now). No idea what's in it. I really wish all patches had text with details before the download.

Almost certainly contains the Mars DLC--Redout DLC is downloaded to everyone and buying it just gives you a key to unlock it. They do this so that only the host of an online room needs to buy the dlc so it can be used (I raced on the Back to Earth DLC a whole week before actually buying it, for instance, through online rooms).

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Funny how they could not have just contacted DF at about the res and let everybody know about the upcoming patch. Instead they had to turn it into a shitshow to for some self righteous BS. Now we have garbage hot takes all over the damn place

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Bummer it's not on sale anymore, I'd buy it after the patch, or if I had known it was getting patched I would have bought it while it was on sale.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Sucks the way the CEO behaved in response to DF... Decided not to support this studio because of that.

Then... I tried the demo on PC yesterday and immediately purchased the game. It was roughly $6 (converted from INR) on Steam. On 50% discount till 21st. Game's super fun.

Last edited:

thehorror

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
So how is the new patch? It has the PC DLC now as well? If it's hitting a solid 60 I'll definitely jump in next time it's on sale.

I think it's missing the Back To Earth DLC (came out in December) and the Space Exploration DLC, november. Both of these are bigger than the previous packs. 10 tracks each.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Got home late from work yesterday so I only did a few runs on some of the Mars tracks.

The game seemed to run fine most of the time. I only noticed one framerate drop in a longer tunnel section.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got home late from work yesterday so I only did a few runs on some of the Mars tracks.

The game seemed to run fine most of the time. I only noticed one framerate drop in a longer tunnel section.
The average resolution is seemingly much higher as well compared to the last patch. Seems like this is the state it should have been released in.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
The average resolution is seemingly much higher as well compared to the last patch. Seems like this is the state it should have been released in.
it runs much better too, resolution aside.

Italian guys did imply that this was their day1 scorpio patch that got stuck in the cogs of certification...
And of course there is no way they did make this patch after the pixelcounting videos. so..
that would explain much of the burst

still not perfect by my (strict) standards for racing games, but now its in rather good shape. before, most tracks were totlly unenjoyable for me.

will probably buy the dlc too as soon as I playthrough the (lots of) tracks

Oct 25, 2017
Redout devs need a PR person. Very, very badly. Even the patch announcement post sounds like a petulant child handing in their homework.

The game's fun. I won't hold their poor PR skills against them. They'll calm the heck down, hopefully soon.

It's surely a pity that gamers were abusing the devs over the Digital Foundry content. That's pathetic.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
it runs much better too, resolution aside.

Italian guys did imply that this was their day1 scorpio patch that got stuck in the cogs of certification...
And of course there is no way they did make this patch after the pixelcounting videos. so..
that would explain much of the burst

still not perfect by my (strict) standards for racing games, but now its in rather good shape. before, most tracks were totlly unenjoyable for me.

will probably buy the dlc too as soon as I playthrough the (lots of) tracks

Does it really run better? Honestly I'm not seeing that much of a difference. The first event, a time trial without any AI drivers, still doesn't run smooth for me. During the H2O Classic event for example, the game constantly slows down and speeds up again.

I'm going to check more tracks and events during the weekend.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Need more post-patch Redout X1X impressisions ERA!

So I had maybe a half hour on the early tracks last night. It's still a super clean image and runs fine, but some track segments (generally a transitional straightaway) still feel like there are frame drops. The responsiveness and overall pacing are fine, but as far as I can tell, it's still not ideal. It feels very similar to before (second patch), if I'm being frank. It's totally possible there are optimizations for other tracks that had more catches before, but I haven't come across any major differences.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
So I had maybe a half hour on the early tracks last night. It's still a super clean image and runs fine, but some track segments (generally a transitional straightaway) still feel like there are frame drops. The responsiveness and overall pacing are fine, but as far as I can tell, it's still not ideal. It feels very similar to before (second patch), if I'm being frank. It's totally possible there are optimizations for other tracks that had more catches before, but I haven't come across any major differences.

Thank you for the impressions. Hopefully they eventually get as close to a 60fps lock on most tracks in most conditions.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
The framerate drops are still ready bad in races. Especially in Class IV. Some of the events are unplayable in my opinion.

And still no comment about the Xbox One assets and the missing HDR support compared to PS4.

Also the game crashes a lot on the X. I don't think this is my console because Redout is the only game that crashes repeatedly.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
The framerate drops are still ready bad in races. Especially in Class IV. Some of the events are unplayable in my opinion.

And still no comment about the Xbox One assets and the missing HDR support compared to PS4.

Also the game crashes a lot on the X. I don't think this is my console because Redout is the only game that crashes repeatedly.

Well this is just, unfortunate, to say the least.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Dark1x Is the new video about the game still in process or did the team decide against it? Just curious.

Also I hope you're feeling better.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Also, anyone know when the Mars Pack DLC will release on PS4 ?

And since the Xbox One already has the Mars DLC, what about the most recent DLCs like Back to Earth and Space Exploration ?

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
The Space Exploration dlc has been released .

The dlc includes two new environments and a total of 10 new tracks . There is also a new update for the game.

I've been playing for a few hours now and the game seems to perform a lot smoother during races.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
The Space Exploration dlc has been released .

The dlc includes two new environments and a total of 10 new tracks . There is also a new update for the game.

I've been playing for a few hours now and the game seems to perform a lot smoother during races.
Wow good timing, was just about to bump the Enhanced games thread and yeah the game is much smoother now.

I'd definitely recommend playing the game now.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
There is also a new update for the game.

Here are the update notes on PS4.

6VGhBXu.jpg

I haven't check this on Xbox One X, yet.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I checked a few tracks that had performance problems before and they are gone now.

The game currently has 50 tracks. I haven't played all of them since the update but so far I haven't noticed any performance problems.

Of course it's possible that there are still some parts that drop frames but I haven't found them yet.

Majik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valerio Di Donato sounds like a cunt. Fuck him.

Game is fantastic and it's a shame that DF made a mistake that caused people to get up the developers ass, but DF are coming out of this looking way classier.

Golden Helmet

Nov 15, 2017
This reminds me of the fiasco Just Add Water had to deal with after the release of the Oddbox on Steam. Stuart Gilray didn't really know how to handle it and just ended up making things worse. Smaller devs are passionate, but they need PR people for exactly this sort of situation.

heh thanks :) I tried...

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.