• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Yes, another stability update. Nope, there are actual "patch notes" this time:

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

• Resolved an issue that caused motion controls to respond incorrectly when playing games that use the feature
  • Resolved an issue that caused user icons for recommended friends to not display correctly

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

No controller update this time.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
CbOR2Ey.jpg

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Forget Xenoblade 2 avatars, what we really need is the option to import our Splatoon 2 inklings as avatars.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't resolve the issue where we still don't have Xenoblade 2 avatars? :(
Or Rosalina, despite her already having official artwork in the same style as the existing Mario avatars. Or Chibi Robo. Or purple/white Pikmin. Honestly just let us buy avatars at this point if they're going to stick with such a meager selection of .png images.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I had motion issues in RE, changing controllers resolved it temporarily though, the character would turn endlessly.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Did this auto update for you guys?
Both download and install...?

My system or games haven't auto-updated for months.
The setting is turned on.
When I go to System Update now I see 'System update ready' but can't and haven't been able to trigger automatic installation for ages.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
There were motion control issues (although minor) whenever I was playing Splatoon 2 Ranked at times. Glad it got addressed so suddenly.
I had some response issues aiming in Skyrim, thought it was just the game as it wasn't all the time.

I actually played Skyrim last night after the update, but didn't notice if it had improved.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
i just hope they don't take so long that the characters become old news.

i'd have liked if the ARMS characters came sooner.

ARMS avatars are already out. Im sporting one atm.

I had some response issues aiming in Skyrim, thought it was just the game as it wasn't all the time.

I actually played Skyrim last night after the update, but didn't notice if it had improved.

It might improved for that game. Splatoon was the only one I noticed

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Did this auto update for you guys?
Both download and install...?

My system or games haven't auto-updated for months.
The setting is turned on.
When I go to System Update now I see 'System update ready' but can't and haven't been able to trigger automatic installation for ages.

Switch only auto-updates the 12 most recent games in the main menu. For the rest of games, you need to manually check for new updates.

This sucks when you have more than 100 games installed. Specially, if you purchased a game with a game-breaking bug or terrible performance, and you are waiting for a patch. At the end, after a couple of weeks, the game will be displaced from the 12 most recent played games.

So if an update is eventually released, you will not notice this unless you manually check for the update.

Nintendo really needs to improve the current system of updates.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Will they let me play Splatoon lying down tho? I just find it stupid how both Mario and Splatoon have hard coded ranges for the motion controls. Meanwhile Zelda's gyro controls work fantastically.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Switch only auto-updates the 12 most recent games in the main menu. For the rest of games, you need to manually check for new updates.

This sucks when you have more than 100 games installed. Specially, if you purchased a game with a game-breaking bug or terrible performance, and you are waiting for a patch. At the end, after a couple of weeks, the game will be displaced from the 12 most recent played games.

So if an update is eventually released, you will not notice this unless you manually check for the update.

Nintendo really needs to improve the current system of updates.
Ugh I feared this might be the case.
Thanks for the info :)
Yet another thing to add to the list of potential Switch improvements I suppose.
For such an impressive system (it may already be my favourite, ever) they still have a loooong way to go...