• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
Shut up you coward (@ Ken Levine)

Given how fucking "both sides" Bioshock Infinite is, its not surprising at all he'd get on the "grrrr cancel culture grrrr" train.

Oct 29, 2017
Reeeeeally getting sick of people acting like actual consequences for shitty, bigoted behavior = oppression.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yikes...damn it all and I loved their work on Bioshock.

How is it so easy to just "defend" some one being Transphobic? Let alone a COVID Denier.....

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Spreading misinformation and bigotry isn't the same as sharing a fucking opinion

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This shit makes the discourse in Infinite 100000000x worse in retrospect.
bsji517nhmd51.jpg

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Bioshock Infinite is the final word on Levine being an utter fucking moron, I'm not surprised to see that he is still an utter fucking moron.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Suddenly I don't feel so bad about claiming Bioshock 2 as my favourite of the trilogy.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Unsurprising. Ken Levine has always been an asshole. Some of the stories I've heard about how he treated those around him in game dev is certainly very cringe.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never played Infinite but it was supposed to be big on "even if you live in a racist dystopia, striking back at your oppressor makes you just as bad' right?

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
"Cotton candy is a wholesome food" is a stupid opinion. Views that materially endanger the health and wellness of marginalized people are much more than stupid opinions.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The tweet is such disingenuous bullshit that I can't even tell what point he's even trying to make. Forget just being shitty, it's borderline incomprehensible.

camelkong

Feb 26, 2018
god we should have forgotten this guy after he pulled the rug out from all the devs he was working with at frictional by closing the studio so he could go make his "passion project", which hasn't shown up in the last 7 years give or take?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
It's already been mentioned, but it makes too much sense that the guy who basically tried to pull a "both sides" narrative with the slave rebellion plotline in Bioshock Infinite would have this take.

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please introduce a small icon like we have for rumours/etc that says "Tweet"?

That's not to dismiss or discount anything said by anybody here. I say this about a lot of threads that are 'X said/did Y' but they end up being about that hell-site.

Oct 25, 2017
Spread of misinformation really quickly aggravates whatever "opinion" someone thought was worth expressing and risked getting fired over.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't sound like he's well educated on the background to all this, so pretty stupid to post a poorly reasoned twitter take to his 800k followers

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
It doesn't really matter what he thinks, because it's not the reality. The reality is that companies will protect their reputation when their employees are continually out on a limb saying stupid and/or offensive shit in public, especially when they're well known for their role. Based on things people said after her previous indiscretions, it sounded like some of the staff on the show liked her as a person, so I've no doubt she was warned... she just hasn't listened. This is what happens when you don't learn from warnings.

Her last post was offensive to anyone who had relatives survive the most infamous atrocity the world has known, but it was possibly plain stupid more than anything else - why do people always go to these idiotic extremes to make themselves sound so oppressed? Gee, when you're mean to me about my SHITTY OPINIONS its just like when *INFAMOUS ATROCITY* happened, <insert nonsensical comparison>.... You are (*ahem* WERE) a successful TV star, is it soooo hard being a GOP nut in a 74M to 81M votes country that you are compelled to mouth off nonsense and end your career?

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's already been mentioned, but it makes too much sense that the guy who basically tried to pull a "both sides" narrative with the slave rebellion plotline in Bioshock Infinite would have this take.

I never realized this was a thing until this thread.

Don't get me wrong that isn't me defending the game, however I always thought it was an incomprehensible mess and just way to stuck up its own ass.

Maybe I should have taken more notice of the toxic message, glad to have it pointed out though.