• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Man, this game is gonna look gorgeous on PC.

Source: Radeon RX (Twitter)

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmmm, PS5 or PC I wonder. Probs PC although the Maiden demo looked great on PS5.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn that's disappointing then. RT needs techniques like DLSS badly.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I really wish nvidia and amd worked together on stuff like this, it's mostly nvidia since a lot of amd stuff is open source but tech like DLSS and RT tech needs to be more open for everyone. Especially when Intel will also soon be getting into high end gpus.

It's essentially the equivalent of different controller features and sound stuff on console, support always sucks because it isn't shared.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Great, no DLSS then probably. I'd say pretty much anything with RT should have DLSS really, so not to happy with the move.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well that's unfortunate, but at least RE Engine titles generally run quite well so DLSS is less important.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
is this the first time we're getting raytracing with the RE Engine on PC ?
Hopefully it works well with both amd and nvidia

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish nvidia and amd worked together on stuff like this, it's mostly nvidia since a lot of amd stuff is open source but tech like DLSS and RT tech needs to be more open for everyone. Especially when Intel will also soon be getting into high end gpus.

It's essentially the equivalent of different controller features and sound stuff on console, support always sucks because it isn't shared.
RT tech is based on DXR. this just means that their tuning the features to AMD cards. but Nvidia will run them all the same (and probably better)

GCQ

Oct 27, 2017
Raleigh, NC
RE Engine games already run pretty great on PC, but ray tracing in the mix is probably gonna knock that down a bit without DLSS.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

RayTracing is shared. There are no proprietary RayTracing technics, they are all included in DX12.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Couldn't care less about FidelityFX because so far I haven't seen any useful implementation of it that I couldn't replicate with Nvidia's sharpening filters. And if not, the upscaling result wasn't any better than my display or GPU could do.

Ray-tracing is great, though!

So they better implement DLSS as well. Otherwise RT doesn't make much sense for me (RTX 2070 S) and better GPU are practically non-existent anywhere.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
no. it's suite of effects that Super Resolution will be a part of. all of them can be implemented by devs individually

nah, this kind of tweet implies AMD is "sponsoring" the game. DLSS ain't coming
There are games with both FidelityFX and DLSS.
Doubt anyone would be crazy enough to ship a game with raytracing and no DLSS or something similar at least.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I don't get it, Cyberpunk has fidelity FX and DLSS.

Guess RT will be expensive then tho, maybe gsync to the rescue if I can get it at least around 45-50fps and the image improvement is worth it.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Great news, that game is going to look damn good and RE Engine games always perform well too. Waiting to see if they confirm DLSS now though. Don't think my 3060 Ti could handle RT without it.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Is the game targetting 60fps on PS5/XSX with RT? DLSS might not be as essential to attain that level of performance/visuals.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it, Cyberpunk has fidelity FX and DLSS.

Guess RT will be expensive then tho, maybe gsync to the rescue if I can get it at least around 45-50fps and the image improvement is worth it.

Some games have DLSS and that AMD sharpening thing. but those are mostly not AMD sponsored titles. They are either neutral or Nvidia sponsored. At least as far as i remember. Dirt 5, AC Valhalla for example are AMD sponsored and have 0 Nvidia enhancements.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Is the game targetting 60fps on PS5/XSX with RT? DLSS might not be as essential to attain that level of performance/visuals.
Yes, the console version uses Ray Tracing too.
www.playstation.com

Resident Evil Village - PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Resident Evil 8 Village on PS4 and PS5. Tragedy befalls Ethan Winters and his wife Mia while they're trying to live peacefully in a new location.
Its running at 60 on next gen consoles.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
RE Engine games at least tend to have a resolution scaling option, right? It's no DLSS, but running at say 80% of 4K looks a lot better on my 4K monitor than 1440p if I can't maintain 60fps at native 4K.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I think nvidia is cool with AMD tech as long as their own tech in it is supported and also better. Like Cyberpunk, DLSS is much better than fidelity FX. We can only hope that AMD answer to DLSS, super resolution is somewhat competent and also work on nvidia since it sounded like a software solution. But RE engine has its own upscaling method which works OK for the most part beside dithering for transparency effects.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
No DLSS is a huge dissapointment. But well since its a crossgen game i will be fine getting 60 fps without Ray tracing.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
Going of off RE7/RE engine games it'll probably have the same "interlaced" image reconstruction option for performance.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are games with both FidelityFX and DLSS.
Doubt anyone would be crazy enough to ship a game with raytracing and no DLSS or something similar at least.
ironically, both are nvidia sponsored (Death Stranding and Cyberpunk) (also, this isn't a comeback or anything).

and RT but no DLSS would be three AMD sponsored titles: Godfall, Dirt 5, and World of Warcraft. I haven't heard too many good things about Godfall and Dirt's RT implementation, unfortuntately

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
AMD is not the good horse to promote raytracing... specially if the max settings are only tailored to these.
I don't expect much on that front, but the little we get should be at least well optimized.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*company makes a video showcasing the graphical capabilities of their flagship game*
*uploads it to Twitter*

sigh