• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

WORST PICTURE

"Baywatch"
"The Emoji Movie"
"Fifty Shades Darker"
"The Mummy"
"Transformers: The Last Knight"

WORST ACTRESS

Katherine Heigl, "Unforgettable"
Dakota Johnson, "Fifty Shades Darker"
Jennifer Lawrence, "Mother!"
Tyler Perry, "BOO! 2: A Medea Halloween"
Emma Watson, "The Circle"

WORST ACTOR

Tom Cruise, "The Mummy"
Johnny Depp, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
Jamie Dornan, "Fifty Shades Darker"
Zac Efron, "Baywatch"
Mark Wahlberg, "Daddy's Home 2" and "Transformers: The Last Knight"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Javier Bardem, "Mother!" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
Russell Crowe, "The Mummy"
Josh Duhamel, "Transformers: Last Knight"
Mel Gibson, "Daddy's Home 2"
Anthony Hopkins, "Collide" and "Transformers: The Last Knight"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Kim Basinger, "Fifty Shades Darker"
Sofia Boutella, "The Mummy"
Laura Haddock, "Transformers: The Last Knight"
Goldie Hawn, "Snatched"
Susan Sarandon, "A Bad Moms Christmas"

WORST SCREEN COMBO

Any Combination of Two Characters, Two Sex Toys or Two Sexual Positions, "Fifty Shades Darker"
Any Combination of Two Humans, Two Robots or Two Explosions, "Transformers: The Last Knight"
Any Two Obnoxious Emojis, "The Emoji Movie"
Johnny Depp and His Worn Out Drunk Routine, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Careers Tell No Tales"
Tyler Perry and Either the Ratty Old Dress or Worn Out Wig, "BOO! 2: A Madea Halloween"

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL

"Baywatch"
"BOO 2: A Medea Halloween"
"Fifty Shades Darker"
"The Mummy"

WORST DIRECTOR

Darren Aronofsky, "Mother!"
Michael Bay, "Transformers: The Last Knight"
James Foley, "Fifty Shades Darker"
Alex Kurtzman, "The Mummy"
Anthony (Tony) Leondis, "The Emoji Movie"

WORST SCREENPLAY

"Baywatch"
"The Emoji Movie"
"Fifty Shades Darker"
"The Mummy"

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
How on earth is mother! not up for worst picture.

I paid money to see both Transformers and Mummy, and those are like The Godfather part 1 and 2 compared to that film

Farsi

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So glad Mother! Is getting the love it deserves. I hope we get a clean sweep

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you may not like mother! but saying JLaw was anything but brilliant in it is plain stupid.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I get why they put Tyler Perry in the Worst Actress category but it still feels wrong.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mother! was great. Not sure why it's even up for nomination. Sure, it lost it shit during the end. But it was fantastic. Jennifer Lawrence was incredible as well.

I always thought these kind of awards were kind of funny. But quite honestly it's just pretty dickish. Nobody deserves to have their work ridiculed. No matter how bad it is, there were people behind it that put time and effort into it. Even the Emoji movie doesn't deserve that.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Jennifer Lawrence being nominated is pure bullshit. And she'll probably win for that very reason.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Michael Bay isn't a bad Director

And Tom Cruise was far from "bad".

Might as well nominate him for every movie if you believe that.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Trash tier trolling with J-Law for Mother! Even if you disliked the movie it's a stupid nom.

Baywatch wasnt great as an endeavour but singling out Efron seems stupid too. Not seem much of the rest but Unforgettable I caught and again whilst not great, singling out Heigl just seems low hanging fruit

Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha, people taking the Razzies this seriously is always amazing. Every year they get people one that one movie they pick on, hahahaha.

MarkMcLovin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird, I thought Baywatch was pretty funny.

And Efron was fucking CUT, goddamn.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I disagree but understand that sentiment. I just don't get why Jennifer Lawrence is nominated.
It's just the Razzies picking on her a little, but generally if a movie is pretentious enough (I know, subjective, but clearly the Razzies thinks it is) it kind of erodes the impact of the acting by making it seem, I dunno, disingenuous.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Hate on mother! all you want but seriously, Lawrence was fantastic in the film, Bardem did great and directing was very strong, especially in the first half. Have they nominated screenplay, I would understand even if I enjoyed the film, but what they've done is just trolling.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Been a long time since the last razzies that was about bad movies and not clickbait bad movies

Like they didn't even had a special prize for the Room guy =P

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Kind of bored with the the Razzies at this point. It's less about making fun of the actual worst movies of the year and more about trolling. Mother is a divisive movie and it's a joke that it has any nominations here.

And was there really no other movies worse than Baywatch for "worst movie of the year?" Meh.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
The Razzies are terrible and have been for a very long time, they're the Cinemasins of fake award shows. If it has taken you this long to realise it, that's on you.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I was okay with Mother but understand the logic behind the hate. Emma Watson nom is tge only one leaving ne confused, The Circle was at worst forgettable and her performance was fine.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Depp was really bad in that last pirates movie
Like a bad student parody of himself