• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

Update:

Game is Wrath: Aeon of Ruin:

Updatex2:

11 minutes of gameplay:

Last edited:

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You had me at "3D Realms announcing a new FPS based off the Quake 1 engine tomorrow" 😍😍😍😍😍

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
...until they change engine 50 times, causing the project to be rebooted every time, causing further and further delays.

Duke Nukem Infinite - coming 2053.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
lol sure why not. I'll probably play the heck out of it if the game is good. been playing a lot of jedi knight 3 lately, that is built on the quake 3 engine I think. if the games run at a smooth framerate and look clean they are always fun to go back to.

Toucan

Oct 30, 2017
Great. I've had more fun with Dusk and Ion Maiden than I ever had with any AAA shooter released in the past decade, so more games along those lines are always welcome.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know why, but I get Daikatana's vibe from this...Somehow...

18j3h1di06j1yjpg.jpg

I swear this should make me think of Dark Souls instead...

Edit: Fuck this. I know what it makes me think of. One of the pre-release video from Diablo II regarding Inferno difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully on console too. Want to try k+m for xbox. Feel like the dreamcast again

Junior

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There was this discord teaser in case you're wondering what the game will look like:
codename_mourningvale.gif

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it'll really push the engine. Weird engine choice, considering some great games were based off of Q3, even Q2, for me the better nostalgia trip would be Q2 engine.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk holds a high bar and makes me question if using the original engines are necessary, but hey Ion Maiden seemed sick.

edit: it makes total sense if the devs are most at home in the Quake engine, though, and if so then why not point that out in marketing I guess.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hmmm, interesting... Dusk was great, wonder if this will be as good/better, but I doubt it.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Man, after the amount of fun I had with Dusk last year I am SO game for more classic FPS action.

I just hope it's mostly single player and not some retro take on battle royale.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hopefully this one will have a simultaneous console release with PC. I'm still waiting for ION Maiden to show up on PS4 this year.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Oh fuck yes. I'm really happy to see some devs tackling other Eras of gaming that isn't just SNES/NES.
Between this, dusk, and Ion Maiden I can't wait to see what other classic styles of gaming we see return.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am all for them continuing to do stuff like this, as Ion Maiden rocks.
KEEP IT COMING, this is AMAZING news.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I wonder why they're going with the Quake 1 engine and what kind of limitations they're dealing with! Very intrigued by this...

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Interesting. This makes me want to go play Strafe but then I remembered the millennium edition content update on PS4 added a bunch of input lag and they never fixed it. :(

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they're going with the Quake 1 engine and what kind of limitations they're dealing with! Very intrigued by this...
Im sure itll be heavily rewritten to get some modern bells and whistles in there.

Do Scott and George still work for 3DRealms or is this just Interceptor under the 3DR moniker?