• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Improvements Included in Version 4.0.1 (Distributed 10/25/2017)
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
    • Changed the HDMI connection process specification to match that of version 3.0.2 to address video and sound output issues with some TV models.

What a better way to start this forum that with some stability? :D

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
200w.gif

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Hopefully GameCube controllers still work...can anyone test? I'm probably just being paranoid.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
I recall you couldn't use the keyboard with your GC controller. Maybe this fixes that.

Last edited:

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my first thought was to see if they removed GameCube controller compatibility, haha. Going to check now...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
We got our changelog!
Improvements Included in Version 4.0.1 (Distributed 10/25/2017)
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
    • Changed the HDMI connection process specification to match that of version 3.0.2 to address video and sound output issues with some TV models.
So HDMI protocol update. Nice.

Abicus

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
My first thought was that we had a joke thread celebrating a good ol' Switch stability update, whoops. Well hopefully the update doesn't remove GameCube controller support?

Oct 25, 2017
I almost had my house collapse during the night. I informed my family that we should get out. We managed to get all the valuables out and as we narrowly managed to escape I realized I left my Switch in its dock by the tv. I paniced. Then I got a notification on my phone that another stability update came to the Switch. To my amazement the house stopped collapsing. It was then that I realized the magnitude of sheer stability of the Switch alone saved my house from near certain destruction.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
I think the update broke my Switch's audio output, ironically enough. Everything was fine until I updated, but now it's all fucked up on Automatic.

Had to switch it to Stereo just to fix it.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, there was just activity on Nintendo's bug bounty program a couple days ago. There might be security fixes as well.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
New Switch firmware contains stability improvements for ResetEra

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Stability has come and so have I. :P
Anyway, it's good to have that HDMI fix for those that had issues in TV Mode after the big update.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I hope my NS updates itself like it used to. It stopped doing that after 3.0 launched, even though I have the auto-update option checked. One of the best things about the Wii U is the fact that I never have to do anything and it just updates itself.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese people on twitter were saying that update 4.0 messed up their surround sound and other related setups, so this seems to be fixing that