• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that GameCube controllers work with the Switch is incredible. Hopefully that means that GCN games are incoming.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory stability gif

giphy.gif

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My Switch isn't working with the Gamecube controller adapter.

I have it plugged into both ports on the side of the Switch dock and the Gamecube controller plugged into multiple ports and L+R aren't picking up the controller.

Am I doing something wrong?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I still have the old software on mine purely because of Homebrew. Are we still years off with anything happening here? Otherwise I'll just update, lol.

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
My Switch isn't working with the Gamecube controller adapter.

I have it plugged into both ports on the side of the Switch dock and the Gamecube controller plugged into multiple ports and L+R aren't picking up the controller.

Am I doing something wrong?
Have you watched any of the videos on YouTube about the setup process? You need to go into the recognize controller screen from the system menu. It also only works with the official Nintendo adapter, third party ones have apparently been hit or miss.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm having problems getting my Switch to read my GCN controller adapter again, even pre-update. I somehow got it to work last time I tried, but now it's not working again.

I tested the adapter on my Wii U, and it works fine there. And I've confirmed that both of the outside USB ports on my Switch dock work. So I have no idea what's wrong.

EDIT: I am going to the Controllers > Change Grip/Order menu to try to pair them. And the adapter I'm using is the official one.

Last edited:

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have you watched any of the videos on YouTube about the setup process? You need to go into the recognize controller screen from the system menu. It also only works with the official Nintendo adapter, third party ones have apparently been hit or miss.

Yeah, I'm trying to do that, with the official Nintendo adapter and no dice. Multiple Gamecube controllers too.

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm trying to do that, with the official Nintendo adapter and no dice. Multiple Gamecube controllers too.
I did the system update with no adapter plugged in, so it wasn't plugged in when the system booted. Then I plugged the adapter in, then plugged a GC controller in the port 1. Then I went to the controller screen on the home menu, selected the "Change order" option and pressed L & R on the Gamecube controller. Worked on the first try. If that doesn't work, maybe Power Off the system completely and reboot it with the adapter unplugged, the plug it in on the home menu and try again?

If it matters, I was using the Switch Pro controller to start the process.

Deleted member 2099

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I'm quoting RoseBell69

Listen, I love David Chapelle, and all black men for that matter, but that image is very racist. Although it may be a "joke" it perpetuates the stereotype that black men are are criminals and crack addicts.
"B-buts it's a joke! And he's black!"
May as well say you have a black friend tbh smh
Joking about this stuff is very offensive, I'm not saying you should delete your post or anything, but just watch it in the future.
Thank you for your feedback. That wasn't my intention at all, however, thank you for the insight. I edited my post!

Korghano

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Switch this week, my first Nintendo console since the NES and I love it. I haven't played local multiplayer games at all, mainly because the controls are just too complicated for my fiance, but we had a blast today with Mario Kart and the Snipperclips demo.

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Thanks for the heads-up.
I'll have to get everything set up to be ready for Mario Odyssey on Friday.

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I just tested with the Nyko dock and the update does NOT fix the wake up from sleep issue. Nyko has said they will have a firmware update to fix that though. Also, maybe I'm imagining it but the overall volume output seems lower when docked now. I had to turn up the volume on my TV today to hear it.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
There was a bug introduced in 3.0.2 that prevented the Switch from waking from sleep in handheld mode. You would have to force power off and then restart.

This got fixed in 4.0.0 but that introduced a new bug which was similar but for docked mode.

I hope 4.0.1 fixes that now.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I just discovered that this update has rendered my 3rd party AC adaptor incompatible.

Fantastic fucking timing, Nintendo. I can't play Odyssey and won't be back home for another eight days. Fucking hell. Why.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having issues with my Vizio TV when turning on after sleeping. Hopefully this fixed that.

EDIT: Oh wait this was on Wednesday... Nope still having issues.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I love a bit of stability, but Nintendo still haven't fixed the issue that they introduced with 4.0.0 related to display resolution problems (mostly with people using DVI inputs on older monitors, but some old television owners are also suffering even with HDMI input). What happens is that, since 4.0.0, affected Switch owners can no longer select any resolution above 480p

Does anyone here have this problem?