• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i don't know if i should link to the site or know, or this not allowed so i am just going to share this news
apparently we are getting the 4.81 hack for PS3 very very soon, this Christmas

this is according to big psx-place

the IDPS dumper already released which allow you to dump your own IDPS file from your PS3 using the browser on PS3 to the flash drive.
the hack supper all kind of PS3, even the super slim with 12GB flash drive.

DOiSDo6XcAApbGw.jpg

from your PS3 you press the button and wait, you may get java script error many many times, but it will works in the end.

this file does nothing right now, but because it released early, sony will release new update very soon

so if you care for homebrew on PS3, DO NOT UPDATE, AND NEVER CONNECT TO PSN AGAIN USING YOUR PRIMARY ACCOUNT, YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR SURE.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are there many indie homebrew games or software for the PS3? Or do people purely use this for playing PS3 game dumps?

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
If they make the PS2 emulator work again that would be amazeballs. If it could emulate all 3 PlayStation consoles and PSP games I would definitely risk it even though I have a huge legal library.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain what this is exactly? I already have my old 60gb PS3 homebrewed. What does this offer?

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Can't you play your disc games if you are running homebrew?

Yes

Can someone explain what this is exactly? I already have my old 60gb PS3 homebrewed. What does this offer?

This? Nothing yet. It's a leaked thing that some of the scene is working on. Unfornunate since it gives Sony a chance to patch before the exploit is fully out. When it's done it means cfw for most PS3 consoles (not super slims), downgrading, homebrew, and more.

If they make the PS2 emulator work again that would be amazeballs. If it could emulate all 3 PlayStation consoles and PSP games I would definitely risk it even though I have a huge legal library.

Buy a different PS3 if you're worried. They offer dual boot (official and CFW) but if you're worried PS3s can be found used for like 80 dollars.