• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if this was leaked, if press was allowed to release this, if it was press gameplay that someone just uploaded the whole provided gameplay for them to use, or what. It's definitely from the hands-on session press got earlier this month, but I kinda' have a gut feeling they weren't supposed to post 40 minutes of gameplay from the remake straight with no commentary, but its out there. It's definitely a very extensive look at straight gameplay from the upcoming Dead Space Remake, I thought it deserved a thread of its own as it's a very good look at the game.

It is worth mentioning the game is still in development, not out for a few more months still, so keep in mind this is not the finished game so some things may be fixed/changed by the final release (particularly, there's a few points stuff gets really busy and the FPS drops, optimization is usually one of the last things done in game dev so that will almost definitely be ironed out by release. Similarly, some of Isaac's animations seem a bit janky, but that's something late dev could also take care of, just note this isn't the finished game). All the gameplay is from early in Dead Space, though of course with a straight 40 minute slice of the game, there are some spoilers for it.

Can watch here, it is 4k 60fps gameplay (the first two videos the 4k is still processing, the last two videos 4k is already processed):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuZqltQn3C0&ab_channel=GameplayPlace

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwiSCkFnxEw&ab_channel=GameplayPlace

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx3mVhTbMKk&ab_channel=GameplayPlace

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHyjPnh5uG0&ab_channel=GameplayPlace

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's amazing that Gunner Wrights voice havent changed one bit, it's like he stepped right out of Dead Space 3.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The video player is limited to 1080p for me.
I think 4k is still processing on the first two videos (it takes a while to process on YouTube), but it's definitely already there on the last two.

7a2d03b539b425f2ec6888065d5bc389.png

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
i'm just staring at the top left thinking that whoever leaked this is now proper screwed lol

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I'm conflicted if I should replay the first. On one hand I want to appreciate the changes in the remake to the fullest but on the other hand I don't remember alot of it now and the experience won't be fresh if I play it again before the remake.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This game looks like how my mind remembers it and thats good thing. If I probably loaded up the original right now it'll look rough. I still feel the first two had incredible atmosphere thats only going to be better with current tech.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Welp I'm sold. Dead Space 1 and 2 are some of my favorite horror adjacent games and this just looks phenomenal despite my extreme aversion to gore. I'll take the dive for this one. And this is like Dead Space 1 with rose tinted glasses which is great tbh

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This seems harder than I remember the original being in that the necromorphs are more resilient.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never played the original Dead Space, I'm absolutely stoked for both this & The Callisto Protocol coming out in December. Usually I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to horror games, but these both look too damn good to miss out on. Hopefully I won't be too spooked to play my way through the campaigns lol

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing, but so does the original to this day. A testament to the importance of great art design and direction. I can't wait for this.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great but the Necromorphs are looking kinda more like ghoulish zombies rather than the twisted humans they looked like in the original. its the lack of hair and angry eyes I think

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks amazing. I much prefer the sound and enemy designs of this game compared to Callisto Protocol, as good as that game looks.
This seems harder than I remember the original being in that the necromorphs are more resilient.
Funny, the RE3 and especially the RE2 remakes did the same thing.

Nov 1, 2017
I wish I wasn't a coward with horror games because this looks good. I just know I'd pull an Alien: Isolation and quit for my mental health after 2 hours.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
oof that start in the third video is chugging hard but overall this looks impressive as hell

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good but there are noticeable stutters in the first video. Plenty of time for optimization but that'll bug me if it's not fixed.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
oof that start in the third video is chugging hard but overall this looks impressive as hell

Looks good but there are noticeable stutters in the first video. Plenty of time for optimization but that'll bug me if it's not fixed.
I added a little note in the OP related to this. Do keep in mind the game is still a few months out, optimization is usually one of the last things a game goes through (and makes sense, optimize when the game is nearly finished as opposed to earlier in when you'll probably have to optimize again for changes), this definitely isn't the final build of the game of course.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I'm conflicted if I should replay the first. On one hand I want to appreciate the changes in the remake to the fullest but on the other hand I don't remember alot of it now and the experience won't be fresh if I play it again before the remake.
If you really can't remember it I'd say just wait for the remake. I remembered it quite well and so it was the first game I played when I got my steam deck. It holds up extremely well.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I wish I wasn't a coward with horror games because this looks good. I just know I'd pull an Alien: Isolation and quit for my mental health after 2 hours.

Nah, Alien Isolation is legit scary / unsettling but you're never that powerless and claustrophobic in Dead Space. It's a bit more videogamey. Mind you, I think it's a fantastic game and yeah maybe don't play it with headphones because the sound design is the scariest element and it sounds sooooo good

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Game looks freakin amazing. Wanted always to go back and it looks like in 2023 I'll have a perfect reason to do exactly that.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Are we expecting 60fps for consoles? Or maybe at least a choice? Not sure if confirmed

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some chests being locked because you aren't a high enough level is definitely something. I'm assuming that choice was made because the ship can be explored entirely and there is backtracking but damn.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Looking really good. Have they commented on whether the game makes use of ray tracing?

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Why is there so much video/marketing content for a game that will be out at the end of January?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh wow, didn't know this had Isaac fully voiced and has dialogue with others, and it's still Gunner Wright.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Isaac move quickly, and doors opening instantly is....actually pretty great, as are the improved graphics - looks amazing.

Will definitely be weird to hear Isaac respond to the conversations/plot points with Hammond and Kendra, lol.

A little iffy on the 'locked' chest aspect - makes the ship seem arbitrarily 'route-designed' - either just stuff it with a low amount of credits and have it re-populate later, or hide it or something.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
1. Looking good.
2. Odd to not see Alpha Gamplay notice overlay in any corner, leading to source question
3. EA ninjas sleep on the weekend?

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I wonder if the dynamic encounters will also extend to simply lingering in the same area for too long? Would make things extra tense if you wouldn't even necessarily be safe sitting in a corner sorting out inventory stuff.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Isaac move quickly, and doors opening instantly is....actually pretty great, as are the improved graphics - looks amazing.

Will definitely be weird to hear Isaac respond to the conversations/plot points with Hammond and Kendra, lol.

A little iffy on the 'locked' chest aspect - makes the ship seem arbitrarily 'route-designed' - either just stuff it with a low amount of credits and have it re-populate later, or hide it or something.

This is how I feel too. imagine being low on ammo/health and being told you can't open chest and lockers because you aren't a high enough level, that sucks lol especially on harder difficulties. Maybe I want to stockpile for later? Mehh change