• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...of-mourners-for-hiromi-tsuru-memorial/.126450
Fans around the world were shocked when Bulma voice actress Hiromi Tsuru passed away suddenly in November from aortic dissection. Her family held a private funeral followed by a memorial service where hundreds gathered to pay their respects. Among the mourners were her cast mates from the Dragon Ball and Anpanman anime series, Mayumi Tanaka (Krillin), Keiko Toda (Anpanman), Miina Tominaga (Rollpanna), Ryusei Nakao (Baikinman/Freeza), Masako Nozawa (Goku), Tohru Furuya (Yamcha), Ryo Horikawa (Vegeta), Kouichi Yamadera (Beerus), Naoko Watanabe (Chichi), TARAKO, and Yoko Oginome.
Approximately 400 mourners came to pay their respects to Tsuru, whose picture was set among 4,000 flowers, seven Dragon Ball balloons, and her beloved characters while the ending theme to Dragon Ball played in the background.
Masako Nozawa, visibly upset, gave a speech as representative of the visitors.
"The seven Dragon Balls are here and are said to be able to do anything, right? But it was useless this time, I'm sorry," she said. "I still don't know what happened, and I wish I could have asked her 'what's wrong?' But it seems Hiromi, without bothering anyone, has gone on to a world where we can't follow. But, there are many friends there. I don't want to say this but, Hiromi, please watch over our world. Goodbye."

It's impossible for me to hold back tears after reading Nozawa-san's speech. :(

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
She played that role for 30+ years, right? Damn. It's like losing one of the Simpsons actors.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I've never even really watched the original version of DBZ and this is hitting me hard.

2th

Oct 27, 2017
She played that role for 30+ years, right? Damn. It's like losing one of the Simpsons actors.

krabappel-simpsons-goodbye-660.jpg

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
She was relatively young too. You don't expect someone to just disappear like that at her age... Super rough.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
She had been voicing the character since 1986, and continued to 2017. Let that sink in, 30 years.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
She had been voicing the character since 1986, and continued to 2017. Let that sink in, 30 years.
And in all likelyhood would have continued to do so for another 20+ years if her heart hadn't given out. That's the sad part, with Dragon Ball having such a heavy resurgence the last few years, she would have continued to please her fans for a long time.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She was a talented person and it's touching that so many people came out for her service.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User has been banned (48h): this thread is not the place to go all "Well, ACTUALLY" and discuss specifics of the Dragon Ball lore. History of warnings.
"The seven Dragon Balls are here and are said to be able to do anything, right? But it was useless this time, I'm sorry," she said.

Actually, per lore of the show, the earth dragonballs cannot undo natural death.

RIP, she was arguably the second most important character in the show over the course of its run.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
I was being respectful. If you have a problem with my post, PM me instead of trying to make a public spectacle. Your post is rude and aggressive.
actually, I wasn't trying to "make a public spectacle". it's not respectful to do an ACKSHULLY from a heartfelt comment of a best friend at a funeral

don't know why I bothered responding since you lashed out in PM, blocked me, and told me to never quote you again, though

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm truthfully confused as to the people who think my comment is inappropriate, when A) I'm clearly an enormous fan of the woman, B) I'm an enormous fan of the show, and C) I'm replying to a comment in the same vein. Do you think I'm trying to be funny in my comment? I was not. Clearly Masako Nozawa brings up the dragonballs because that's how most people know Hiromi Tsuru and wants to make a connection to the magical properties of the show she was a character in. My comment is along the same vein, I'm demonstrating closeness and intimacy with the material that made her famous world-wide.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm truthfully confused as to the people who think my comment is inappropriate, when A) I'm clearly an enormous fan of the woman, B) I'm an enormous fan of the show, and C) I'm replying to a comment in the same vein. Do you think I'm trying to be funny in my comment? I was not. Clearly Masako Nozawa brings up the dragonballs because that's how most people know Hiromi Tsuru and wants to make a connection to the magical properties of the show she was a character in. My comment is along the same vein, I'm demonstrating closeness and intimacy with the material that made her famous world-wide.

Quoting a part of a speech about the death of someone to point an error in the lore (like wtf) is a new level of lack of empathy.

It doesn't matter how you say you love the show, the work, or the actress because your general post was painful to read. Closeness my ass.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quoting a part of a speech about the death of someone to point an error in the lore (like wtf) is a new level of lack of empathy.

It doesn't matter how you say you love the show, the work, or the actress because your general post was painful to read. Closeness my ass.

Oh great here comes the dog pile over fucking nothing.

I'm out.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tohru Furuya was also Kyosuke Kasuga in Kimagure Orange Road, opposite Tsuru's Madoka Ayukawa.

RIP Hiromi Tsuru.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
When I read this yesterday I started crying. RIP Hiromi Tsuru.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really not hard to recognize that saying "well actually you have your lore wrong and she will stay dead anyways" is pretty fucked up.

You use quotes to say what others actually said. That's not what I said, and not what I fucking meant. Nozawa says the Dragonballs are useless in the situation. I'm adding why they would be useless.

Like, what, do you think I'm happy she died or some shit? Or rubbing in that she died?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Oh great here comes the dog pile over fucking nothing.

I'm out.
This is one of those areas that you should really work on to be perfect honest.

Instead of coming back to keep saying why you don't understand, you should just not post, and then come back when you do.

If time passes and you still feel you won't understand, then don't comment on it.

The issue is that your comment adds nothing to the topic of this thread.

This thread isn't about discussing the DB/DBZ universe. This thread is about remember, and commenting on the memories, and condolences that people sent to Hiromi Tsuru.

Your original comment was apathetic at best, but your subsequent comments were juvenile, and immature, and it just doesn't serve you, or anyone else on this forum well when you act this way. It's about what you implied, whether you intended to or not, and it could be a mistake. If it was a mistake, own it, and move on.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Let's get back to the topic.

Also, RIP to the great Hiromi Tsuru and bless all the people for their love and support