• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
is the pop quiz related to unlocking the 2nd blacked out figure (i'm guessng it's alphard) i did the Suzune path and was expecting to unlock it but i guess not

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
is the pop quiz related to unlocking the 2nd blacked out figure (i'm guessng it's alphard) i did the Suzune path and was expecting to unlock it but i guess not

IIRC you just need to rewatch the ending while changing your answer for the last choice. You'll get a different bookmark and unlock that other figure. The pop quiz isn't related to it.

Edit: Looking at the steam forums someone says to also choose all the general "forgiveness" options for the last time block.
Kano 1905 A
Achi 1900 C
Tateno 1910 B
Jack 1930 C

Last edited:

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
It has a yell or two! Some crowd chatter too!
And I will buy the game when it's in the $20 range.
I can wait, here's my GPD Win 2 desktop:
yBR8XUQ.png

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
This Suzune stuff is putting me to sleep. This is where the game not having basic QOL features like skip or text speed control really hurts. It was annoying too when I was grinding out the bad endings needed to even get to this point.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
This Suzune stuff is putting me to sleep. This is where the game not having basic QOL features like skip or text speed control really hurts. It was annoying too when I was grinding out the bad endings needed to even get to this point.
The text speed varies based on the story tone, so I can imagine why that's not an option.

Suzune's ending has no prompts at all, it all auto scrolls.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Man the Canaan scenario really gets into some nasubabble. The bonus content in this game doesn't seem very good. I might just call it an end here.

428's a good game, it has some decent comedy early on, but gets into some real nice character moments down the line. The game has a really nice variety of backgrounds and photos, every scene has a ton of unique images, the benefit of it being live action really shines through here. The structure of the game is kind of whatever, most of the way through it's a decent way to pace things and spread out character POVs, but grinding out bad endings or bonus content is a pain, especially since the game is missing out on some basic quality of life features. 428 didn't blow me away like it seems to have for others, but it was well worth the $50 I spent on it.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC you just need to rewatch the ending while changing your answer for the last choice. You'll get a different bookmark and unlock that other figure. The pop quiz isn't related to it.

Edit: Looking at the steam forums someone says to also choose all the general "forgiveness" options for the last time block.
Kano 1905 A
Achi 1900 C
Tateno 1910 B
Jack 1930 C

this worked perfectly apart from Jack's time being i think 19:10 or 19:20, it felt a bit of a cop out that they did the canaan back story in anime form and it also annoyed me that i only discovered right at the end you could turn the voices off because at that point in the game they didn't really matter because i had more or less played most of it, only real complaints about the ending is we don't see the outcome of all of Minorikawa's hard work and i thought that after the anime they would've given more of a hint or shown what happened after it faded to black with canaan and alphard at the end of the game

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
this worked perfectly apart from Jack's time being i think 19:10 or 19:20, it felt a bit of a cop out that they did the canaan back story in anime form and it also annoyed me that i only discovered right at the end you could turn the voices off because at that point in the game they didn't really matter because i had more or less played most of it, only real complaints about the ending is we don't see the outcome of all of Minorikawa's hard work and i thought that after the anime they would've given more of a hint or shown what happened after it faded to black with canaan and alphard at the end of the game
Finishing the game with the villain getting away largely successful only with a hook to what is pretty universally regarded as a bad anime was not a satisfying way to end things. If Canaan had actually been dead and Alphard caught for real at the end would have been a better way to go. That way the final focus is on the actual main characters of the game and not some dumb tease for a bad tie-in.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Started this tonight. I've gotten through the first two hours so far. It is interesting.

I like how it can finesse the distance between wacky and unsettling absurd and also between both of these and a thriller.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, it only applies to blocks you've read, but pressing down lets you skip through text.
I mention it because it took me way too long to figure it out.
This doesn't replace other QoL improvements like text speed / skip, obviously.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the true ending of this today. Loved it! It made for a pretty exciting read, and I loved hopping between everyone's stories.

After looking up the requirements, I honestly can't be bothered to unlock the Conspiracy and True Conspiracy scenarios. At the same time, I can't find any footage of them online, or any description of what they are. What happens in these scenarios? I'm curious, just not curious enough to go through the tedium of unlocking them.

Mazre

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the true ending of this today. Loved it! It made for a pretty exciting read, and I loved hopping between everyone's stories.

After looking up the requirements, I honestly can't be bothered to unlock the Conspiracy and True Conspiracy scenarios. At the same time, I can't find any footage of them online, or any description of what they are. What happens in these scenarios? I'm curious, just not curious enough to go through the tedium of unlocking them.

They're 100% text so that likely explains why no ones bothered to make a video, and they're short and not related to scenario in any way.

These are developer joke endings. The first is a 'hidden communication' from Koichi Nakamura (chunsoft founder) about how he's been kidnapped and forced to program the Door Door bonus game and this was the only way he could get the word out, also keep playing the game to verify that his message is still being broadcast and he's okay.

The second is from one of the scenario writers saying that the previous 'hidden communication' is a lie and that they've been kidnapped to write scenarios for chunsofts games and that the game is monitoring people and this was the only way to get the truth out.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
They're 100% text so that likely explains why no ones bothered to make a video, and they're short and not related to scenario in any way.

These are developer joke endings. The first is a 'hidden communication' from Koichi Nakamura (chunsoft founder) about how he's been kidnapped and forced to program the Door Door bonus game and this was the only way he could get the word out, also keep playing the game to verify that his message is still being broadcast and he's okay.

The second is from one of the scenario writers saying that the previous 'hidden communication' is a lie and that they've been kidnapped to write scenarios for chunsofts games and that the game is monitoring people and this was the only way to get the truth out.

That's pretty funny! Still glad I didn't go through the grind to get them though, especially since they're so short. Thanks for telling me!

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Type-Moon must have done the Canaan scenario, it's straight out of F S/N in every aspect.

They did. They're even listed in the credits of that segment!

To be honest, I found that whole scenario boring compared to the main game. The action sequence towards the end was exciting at least.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it went on for longer than it really needed to, but to be fair I was at the tail end of finishing things off for the platinum so I was also being really impatient.

Also, for anyone who may have played Machi, were there any references or cameos for that game? I know the Chinese restaurant is a reference in another Chunsoft game called Imabikisou, but since Machi and 428 are supposed to be same setting I was wondering if there were references.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Also, for anyone who may have played Machi, were there any references or cameos for that game? I know the Chinese restaurant is a reference in another Chunsoft game called Imabikisou, but since Machi and 428 are supposed to be same setting I was wondering if there were references.
There are some little references / allusions here and there (mostly in Tips, if I remember well). I think the most prominent ones would be how Tōyama's daughter, Hana, was named after fireworks ("hanabi") from 10 years ago, or that thing about there being a beautician who looks exactly like Kajiwara (same actor). Which should give you an idea of how subtle / inconsequential they are overall.

BibiCesar

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
This game deserves so much more recognition! Even in the Visual Novel community it seems that no one is interested?... I'm in the 15:00 - 16:00 block and I'm enjoying so much. The only thing I wish this game had was at least partial voice acting (some lines or words) and more video sequences!

Kikuchiyosuke

Jan 11, 2018
This game deserves so much more recognition! Even in the Visual Novel community it seems that no one is interested?... I'm in the 15:00 - 16:00 block and I'm enjoying so much. The only thing I wish this game had was at least partial voice acting (some lines or words) and more video sequences!

Yeah, even in the usual VN sites/forums I frequent there's little to no discussion about this game. Unfortunate since I really like it. A lot of people probably got turned off by the live action presentation and no voice acting.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

Especially given the furor over the poll results, I thought people were chomping at the bit for this. I'm going to be super sad if this doesn't at least like break even, it's such a good vn.

There are some little references / allusions here and there (mostly in Tips, if I remember well). I think the most prominent ones would be how Tōyama's daughter, Hana, was named after fireworks ("hanabi") from 10 years ago, or that thing about there being a beautician who looks exactly like Kajiwara (same actor). Which should give you an idea of how subtle / inconsequential they are overall.

Thanks for the info!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Need help with the endgame
How do I unlock Stanley's route? I have Bad Ends with Kano and Achi :S

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It should be within the same hour.

You're jumping the gun a bit.

They don't have control of Stanley at all, yet, and are trying to get it. So making a choice as Stanley doesn't make any sense, hah; it's probably why they read it as making a choice much earlier (since he'd be with Kano?).

...it was my first thought too, of course, that choice, as it being illogical didn't click either... but I think Kuwabara's correct for the actual answer.

It's fine for you to read that, Tizoc, but also- as always, messing around with the alternate choices you haven't made yet can be helpful even now.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ummm yeah sorry, still lost here, I can't seem to find the proper trigger :/
Which hour block is it and what wrod am I supposed to focus on?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There's a choice to have Kano do something when Stanley leaves. Pick salute.

Nope, wrong thing still.

That's not Stanley you salute to for a Jump.

Listen, I'll just open the game and check at this point...

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, sorry to double post. Tizoc

Kuwabara has it right, as I thought, but my advice was important as well.

18:40 for Kano

You need to select choice B at "Stanley's Suggestion". Then you'll be able to jump via the tip "promise".

If the other hints didn't make it clear enough, choices that seem inconsequential (throughout the game) sometimes have other Tips behind them, and sometimes those Tips have Jumps and so aren't inconsequential at all! Or sometimes it just reveals a Jump directly. And so on.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ok, sorry to double post. Tizoc

Kuwabara has it right, as I thought, but my advice was important as well.

18:40 for Kano

You need to select choice B at "Stanley's Suggestion". Then you'll be able to jump via the tip "promise".

If the other hints didn't make it clear enough, choices that seem inconsequential (throughout the game) sometimes have other Tips behind them, and sometimes those Tips have Jumps and so aren't inconsequential at all! Or sometimes it just reveals a Jump directly. And so on.
OK I got to that Jump prompt but I can't jump to Stanley 18:00, the game doesn't let me :S. Apparently I need to unlcok his route first, but I haven't done so yet. So how do I unlock his route?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
OK I got to that Jump prompt but I can't jump to Stanley 18:00, the game doesn't let me :S. Apparently I need to unlcok his route first, but I haven't done so yet. So how do I unlock his route?

Oh, hmm.

That shoooould be what does it, I'd think. However, there is a later Jump to him. Maybe seeing that Jump is the requirement...?

But since you know his route exists, I have to assume you've already seen that? I'm not certain. Well, there is one thing you could do if you haven't already. I did this the first time by chance, so if it gates that I wouldn't know. Worth a shot if you haven't done it yet.

As Kano, salute Tateno as he leaves.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh, hmm.

That shoooould be what does it, I'd think. However, there is a later Jump to him. Maybe seeing that Jump is the requirement...?

But since you know his route exists, I have to assume you've already seen that? I'm not certain. Well, there is one thing you could do if you haven't already. I did this the first time by chance, so if it gates that I wouldn't know. Worth a shot if you haven't done it yet.

As Kano, salute Tateno as he leaves.
OK I'll try that, oddly enough I don't recall seeing that choice you mention at the end.

EDIT: ASLAJSHFLSKDFJGLAKJ, THAT'S THE ONE I WAS MISSING UGGGGH.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
OK I'll try that, oddly enough I don't recall seeing that choice you mention at the end.

It might be a case where there's a choice right before it, and only a certain option there makes this choice appear. So if it's not there, fiddle with things in that scene until it appears, hah.

EDIT: yeah, ninja'd due to me not being direct

I thought I was picking the bad options the first time, as someone who tries to naturally get bad endings first...

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
Finished the Canaan scenario and the game crashes. Hop back in to see my save my file got corrupted. Uggh, I enjoyed my time through the main story, but it's a real bummer that I got screwed real close to the end.