• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I also beat the game, it was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It was an excellent balance between comedy, drama and action and it was done masterfully.

Having said that I have a question regarding one of the last trophies I need to get in order to obtain the plat.
So it's the "A Cry for Help" trophy that unlocks the Conspiracy scenario

I jump into the Minorikawa timeline at 17:35,
I choose Nakamura and after a few seconds a person starts talking and says that I have to rotate to right analogue stick.
But no matter how many times I rotate the stick the sceen just doesn't flicker.There may be some rare occasions where after like 10-20 rotations
I see a flickering for one second and that's it, it doesn't happen again.I try to rotate the stick in many different ways but no luck.
Is it maybe my controller's fault?Of course the right stick just works in any other I use :P.

So any suggestions would be helpful :)

I had the same issue. You have to rotate the stick really fast.

Tad

Sep 25, 2018
Tickets for the event on April 28 sold out in 5 minutes. I couldn't buy it. Fortunately I heard that the event will be streamed on Niconico Douga. The detail hasn't come out yet.
https://www.nicovideo.jp/

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't see your post until now so not sure if it'll be of any help, but no, the position didn't seem to matter. I did start clockwise before just randomly turning the stick.

Thanks I managed to do it but...honestly I really don't know how -.-.
After like 10 minutes of failed attempts the screen suddenly started to flicker and it worked but
it's not like I did something differently...

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I think the true ending just fried my brain just now.
In the back of my head the names sounded familiar but i can't believe that was the end reveal.

Tad

Sep 25, 2018
The event is going on now. There was a panel discussion with the executive director, the script writer, the script director and the photo director.
In the script making process, they once had an argument on Ohsawa's script. The photo director insisted no father wouldn't check his favorite singer's fan site when his daughter was kidnapped. But the executive director and the script writer said "I would".

The reason they don't let players control the texts in the end of Suzune's story and texts automatically appears and disappears is that they want to show texts and to play music at the right timing as they intended.

Tad

Sep 25, 2018
According to the script writer, they wrote a short episode after Shibuya was saved. (They decided to omit it at the last moment.) The after story showed Hitomi and Achi didn't have a chance to meet again. A few years later, both of them were invited Kano's wedding party. Hitomi and Achi met again at the scramble at last.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
According to the script writer, they wrote a short episode after Shibuya was saved. (They decided to omit it at the last moment.) The after story showed Hitomi and Achi didn't have a chance to meet again. A few years later, both of them were invited Kano's wedding party. Hitomi and Achi met again at the scramble at last.
Will they ever do another project together?

Tad

Sep 25, 2018
Will they ever do another project together?
Unfortunately not. But script writer said he was working on 428 like game. It might be released next year.
D5P9eajUYAEAp1w.jpg:large

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Achi ten years on is like when I saw Flight of the Conchords last year. Everyone else looks pretty much the same.

Last edited:

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Just got it from the Steam's Golden Week sales, 70% discount! I can't wait to play it this summer :D

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I swear I read this somewhere, but might not even be for this game but I BELIEVE someone described each protagonists story was a different genre, is that true? If so, which is which?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I swear I read this somewhere, but might not even be for this game but I BELIEVE someone described each protagonists story was a different genre, is that true? If so, which is which?

I don't think that's this game, and I'm not sure what else it would be, sorry.

Each character's story here is a bit different tonally, but overall it's all a comedy/mystery and not wildly different genres or anything.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Not so much a different genre as that they vary wildly in tone, especially early on. They all come together toward the end though, and if I had to pick a "primary" genre it'd be "thriller".

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I don't think that's this game, and I'm not sure what else it would be, sorry.

Each character's story here is a bit different tonally, but overall it's all a comedy/mystery and not wildly different genres or anything.
Not so much a different genre as that they vary wildly in tone, especially early on. They all come together toward the end though, and if I had to pick a "primary" genre it'd be "thriller".

I might have been thinking tone, not genre. My mistake. Cheers for the answers though.

I actually purchased this on Steam yesterday. I'm at 1130 currently. Absolutely hilarious so far, but now I'm playing as Osawa, getting heavy with the Ua virus.
When I saw Kano's partner on the train, those disguises, I can't, I just can't, haha. Then all of a sudden he drank Burning Hammer and I got a bad end, my mind went spinning, was I betrayed?? Nope, haha.

Can someone remind me what Hitomi's sisters name was again? Totally blanked on that.

Edit. Maria, just remembered

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
finished 3 characters in the second hour. I'm hooked story wise. That said the usability option are straight up horrible.
I can't overstate how much it grinds my gears if you don't have instant text in VN. I read fast I don't want to wait for text to scroll along the screen. I snagged this for ps4 for 10 bucks but I regret it a little now should have gotten it on pc at least then I could speed it up with cheat engine.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. Loved the story but the technical aspects of this VN are honestly absolute trash. From an absolutely unbelievably bad UI. You can't call the time table up while in auto read. You can't call the bad endings table from within the time table nor can you get from the time table to the general menu and and and.... Urgh

Game crashed several times on ps4 and in the last crash my 85 bad endings save got corrupted after finishing one of the bonus scenarios before I could get to the mean clean stuff.

Now I have to go through it all again on autorun(which is honestly also garbage when every modern proper VN lets you fast forward quickly) so I'm pretty miffed. Honestly it's hard to recommend this version despite the stellar story.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now I have to go through it all again on autorun(which is honestly also garbage when every modern proper VN lets you fast forward quickly) so I'm pretty miffed. Honestly it's hard to recommend this version despite the stellar story.
I don't know if that will help you, but when going through blocks you've already done, you can fast-forward / skip text you've already read by pressing down on the controller (on PS4).
This makes replays less of a hassle and I remember it took me way too long to figure this.

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaaaaan, I'm at the last hour (or so i suppose), I can't believe all this different plots.

Especially:
All those different routes that end in nonsense just so its blocked with a keep out but in reality you need another decision from another character that will somehow unlock a different perspective whatsoever AAAAAAARGHHHH

Now to end the game!

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
maaaaan
ive done literally everything but the conspiracy scenarios - i can trigger the director saying play with the dial, but nothing from there.

is there a trick to the right stick here? clockwise, counter or what?

*edit - phew, finally got it!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I beat it the other day, and while the concept is really great imho (far too few VN like to play with the multiple protagonists concept) I felt a bit underwhelmed by the "true" ending. Maybe I wanted more, but the cliffhanger is a bit...I don't know.

The story is pretty good though, even if it stretches the suspension of disbelief quite a lot and often.
I like Kamiki Aya's song - so catchy.

One thing I thought was really well done was how thought out every possible timeline is. I had a mindblow when I played to get all the bad endings
And understood why Minorikawa's bug detection device activated in Café Lautrec, it was because of Ai who was bugging Tanaka and she was there to be alone to do this HAAAA

Yes I'm slow on the uptake

I didn't do the "Conspiracy" thing, is it optionnal or canon ?
Supposedly the Canaan anime is not really good, is that true ?

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I beat it the other day, and while the concept is really great imho (far too few VN like to play with the multiple protagonists concept) I felt a bit underwhelmed by the "true" ending. Maybe I wanted more, but the cliffhanger is a bit...I don't know.

The story is pretty good though, even if it stretches the suspension of disbelief quite a lot and often.
I like Kamiki Aya's song - so catchy.

One thing I thought was really well done was how thought out every possible timeline is. I had a mindblow when I played to get all the bad endings
And understood why Minorikawa's bug detection device activated in Café Lautrec, it was because of Ai who was bugging Tanaka and she was there to be alone to do this HAAAA

Yes I'm slow on the uptake

I didn't do the "Conspiracy" thing, is it optionnal or canon ?
Supposedly the Canaan anime is not really good, is that true ?
Literally everyone's said it's awful.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol welp guess I'm not watching it then.

One thing this game has done for me is making me discover I really really fancy this type of VN, with live actors. I like how grounded in reality that felt despite the sometimes ridiculous turns of events.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Lol welp guess I'm not watching it then.

One thing this game has done for me is making me discover I really really fancy this type of VN, with live actors. I like how grounded in reality that felt despite the sometimes ridiculous turns of events.
May I introduce to you:
Root Letter: Last Answer! The story is really good and the different endings can be pretty funny and crazy. Not as excellent as the god given 428, but it at least scratched the itch a bit.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much the latest version adds/changes or if the FMV actually improves anything, but I will say: I kinda hated Root Letter. I was really looking forward to it, but it's just so bland and the main character is this completely needless jerk. And the story is not good enough to overcome that like some other games can. It's just a really drawn out mystery for no real reason. And it's super linear with the choices just resulting in suddenly different (incredibly what-if, sometimes more interesting than the true answer) endings.

I did kinda like the true end, though, so... maybe the stuff they added after that will make it more satisfying? But I'd hesitate to play it based on the FMV alone, is my point.

Oct 27, 2017
Not directly related to 428 but to one of its actors (Nasubi) and I might be extremely late to the party, but as I was going down the Youtube rabbit hole, I stumbled upon this video :

what the fuck ? like WTF

I don't know how I feel about Yanagishita being the butt monkey of the whole game now...

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Not directly related to 428 but to one of its actors (Nasubi) and I might be extremely late to the party, but as I was going down the Youtube rabbit hole, I stumbled upon this video :

what the fuck ? like WTF

I don't know how I feel about Yanagishita being the butt monkey of the whole game now...

WTF! Seems pretty inhuman. But the uneasy music and slow speaking of video producer gets on my nerves. Just to "overthetop". Better read the Wikipedia article.

Magypsy

Nov 15, 2017
Greece
Unfortunately not. But script writer said he was working on 428 like game. It might be released next year.
Kitajima has tweeted that the announcement might be happening soon.
twitter.com

北島行徳@シナリオ会社ジンテーゼ代表 on Twitter

“今年も428の日がやってきました。 「群像劇で終盤に驚き」という要素は、FFBEのシナリオに引き継ぐ形で書いているのですが……そろそろアドベンチャーゲームも……というわけど、いよいよお知らせできそうな形になってきました。もう少しお待ちください。フラフラになって書いています!”

Gogo_ZvC

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, what an amazing experience, felt real attached to everyone throughout, but especially near the end. The music added a ton to each screen.

XIeGD1t.png

Magypsy

Nov 15, 2017
Greece
Kitajima's game has been announced. It's called Ego Effect and it's set in not-Hangzhou. And it has 13 main characters or something? It hasn't been properly announced for the Japanese market yet.