• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping this was created by someone that was trying to show that the game needed a lot more time.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm glad the dev got to have some fun during which was probably an absolutely miserable development cycle.

May 19, 2020
it probably was a funny way of blowing off steam for the devs, will be less funny for them if some enterprising lawyer for one of the class actions uses it as a way of attempting to prove that CDPR knowingly released their game busted lol

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
All three videos are hilarious, especially the first and third. The cyberpunk theme music with the flute or whatever is just great.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course they knew how busted the game was. They just didn't get any more time to work on it. The devs were *very* aware of it, I assure you. But that doesn't matter if the higher ups want the game out of the door.

They clearly had some fun with it, though. Those videos are hilarious haha

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
oh yeah that's interesting remember when they threw their QA department under the bus?

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
They did a similar video of Witcher 3...

I guess this is just the cyberpunk behind the scenes funny bugs montage

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Coming when it's ready" is seriously the perfect cherry on top of all this shit.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping this was created by someone that was trying to show that the game needed a lot more time.
In my experience, these types of vids are pretty common internally no matter what the game. For a bug to be fixed typically QA will capture a video of it happening as part of the bug report. It's pretty common for them (and others) to keep a collection of their "favourites".

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the apology video they release mention their testing didn't find many of the bugs/issues players experienced?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is the state of the game today?

E2u9vz_WUAknUH-

Note how they don't bother to label the y-axis on this graph...

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
The QA team or whoever in the department create bug montages to show how not ready the product is and the higher ups who saw this still approved it to be release? Unbelievable.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People need to realize Devs are VERY AWARE how buggy a game is.

It's the bean Counters that dgaf and say "Launch it, we need the holiday window."

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
presumably most of the bugs shown in those videos were fixed by release. it's hard to tell. but it looks like the devs were just having fun.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The CEO even lied in his apology video and blamed the QA team for not finding these bugs before release.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The first video was more entertaining than the game itself. The music and sound effects really made the video though.
At least the game did one thing right for me. Had me stress out over getting a 3080 enough to actually get one.

Now let us read this piece from January again

Some people just never learn. This very same thing was being said about the production of TW3 and the working conditions, and most just swept it under the rug as "Oh, it's just a few disgruntled ex-employees, you can't believe them when most seem happy there!". Because no way "the saviors" of video games could ever possibly be what someone was saying they were.

Oct 7, 2019
Used to work in a porting studio that did a monthly 'bug of the month' poll which went round the whole company, have no doubt this was made for similar shitposting reasons and not for showing the higher ups a montage

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
I still can't believe I held off on buy a release RTX 3080 because I was hoping there would be 3080 + Cyberpunk bundle along the line with the game's bugs fixed by that time.

At this rate this game will either never become the thing it was supposed to be or it will take several years more for that to happen. Very disappointed because I thoroughly enjoyed The Witcher 3 and all its DLC.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
7 months later and this game still only makes negative headlines. I don't think they can turn this around anymore. Especially when it isn't even a great game at its core.

Probably better to just move to the next project and learn from all the mistakes made.

Status
Not open for further replies.