• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Taco Bell is having a promotion where if you buy a $5 box on the app they send you a code for 44 days of Xbox gamepass. Two per household.

Link

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Can you use it if you already have a subscription or new users only?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really 44 days if you dont get prompted to enable auto-renewal.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I will turn off recurring payment before using their codes, maybe it can detect if recurring was enabled or disabled.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Okay I just got my code for this. You get it after entering the sweepstakes with your code online. It stacks with an existing sub that's been converted. I'd gotten a month for auto renew being turned on in the past and was still able to get that here, so my sub was extended 44 days. It warns you that if you apply this to an account that has not been converted that it will convert you, so be prepared for that.

I immediately turned off auto renew and I have another code to enter in the next couple days so I'll see if I get the auto renew prompt and I'll confirm what happens if no one else has.

OP
OP
Troll

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Okay I just got my code for this. You get it after entering the sweepstakes with your code online. It stacks with an existing sub that's been converted. I'd gotten a month for auto renew being turned on in the past and was still able to get that here, so my sub was extended 44 days. It warns you that if you apply this to an account that has not been converted that it will convert you, so be prepared for that.

I immediately turned off auto renew and I have another code to enter in the next couple days so I'll see if I get the auto renew prompt and I'll confirm what happens if no one else has.

oh hell yeah

Oct 26, 2017

hey thanks for sharing.

May 30, 2018
i redeemed two of my codes this morning (one that i got a few days ago and one i got an hour ago), turned off recurring billing before both times, and both asked me to turn it on, so both granted 44 -> 88 total. it works as expected. granted, they could change how the prompt works later i'm sure.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i think the last time i ate taco bell there was also a contest going lol...gonna try and extend my sub for outer worlds

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered the Nacho box earlier and haven't gotten the email. Saw some on slickdeals said it took them 24 hours to get the email. So now I wait.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
So did I do it wrong or are they just taking a while to distribute codes? The OP link suggested all I had to do was order a $5 box in the app and they'd email me a code. I did that, and there wasn't an option to select the GamePass promotion or anything, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.

May 30, 2018
So did I do it wrong or are they just taking a while to distribute codes? The OP link suggested all I had to do was order a $5 box in the app and they'd email me a code. I did that, and there wasn't an option to select the GamePass promotion or anything, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.

i didn't get mine until at least 24 hours after my online orders. Email subject will say "Thanks for buying a $5 Box"

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
i didn't get mine until at least 24 hours after my online orders. Email subject will say "Thanks for buying a $5 Box"

So yeah. Day and a half later and still no code. Did you order online or in-app? Slickdeals made it sound like I didn't need to "add" the promotion or anything, that simply anyone buying the $5 box through the app would get the code whether they clicked a link or not. Hmm. Guess I've got another Taco Bell visit in my future...

May 30, 2018
So yeah. Day and a half later and still no code. Did you order online or in-app? Slickdeals made it sound like I didn't need to "add" the promotion or anything, that simply anyone buying the $5 box through the app would get the code whether they clicked a link or not. Hmm. Guess I've got another Taco Bell visit in my future...

I logged in with my Taco Bell account, chose pickup location, went to Menu->New, added $5 Double Chalupa box, checked out, nothing more. The experience is the same on the site and app, and I've done it on both and received the email later.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I logged in with my Taco Bell account, chose pickup location, went to Menu->New, added $5 Double Chalupa box, checked out, nothing more. The experience is the same on the site and app, and I've done it on both and received the email later.

Okay. Good to know my process was the same. I've even received my receipt for the order (no code included). Probably just being impatient.

May 30, 2018
Okay. Good to know my process was the same. I've even received my receipt for the order (no code included). Probably just being impatient.

i'm gonna be honest here - my 24 hour estimate might be low because i've been eating the 5 dollar boxes every other day this past week. so the one i thought was after 24 hours may have been from the one i ate a couple days before. i got a box yesterday at this time so i'll let you all know the next time i get another email.

May 30, 2018
Good news - I got my next email.

Bad news:

68e1yJy.png

I only ever got 2 emails, this is the 3rd. Kinda lame that there's a limit.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I ordered 2 boxes. One was the Chalupa box, and the other was the nacho box. Both through the app. They just email you a code? It doesn't depend on how you redeem your box contest code?

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
edit: I'm misunderstanding the promotion, this isn't for redeeming the box code, which is what we did. My codes arrived through ordering on the app.

Last edited:

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i just ordered a box for the hell of it, we'll see if i get a code

i got a plain brown box though, so already off to a bad start

edit - i got the code today, 3 days later. worked fine and gave me 44 days.

Last edited: