• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
DSOgaming said:
This 4A Games developer with the nickname "scynet" admitted that it was a sudden decision to announce the timed-exclusive deal with Epic Games only one month prior to the game's release and that it could cause some inconvenience to players. Scynet also claimed that those that decide to pirate the game would have done so, regardless of this timed-exclusive deal, and those are not the players that the developers target.

However, the developer went one step further and stated that if all PC gamers boycott Metro Exodus then the next Metro game (if there is one mind you) will not come out on the PC. Now I'm pretty sure that the developer was exaggerating here but it begs the question; how many PC sales can guarantee the continuation of the Metro franchise on the PC?
Source
You have it, PC gamers.

Edit:
unknown.png

Google translate from the same forum.
Looks like it might actually be an employee, just not an official position (which, well yeah is obvious). That doesn't solve anything at all.

Sorry, I'm currently out of town, but I can confirm that this forum is legit, and this is indeed one of 4A devs. This site is the place where a lot ex-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs were usually hanging around and discuss stories about stalker development, they are also leaked a lot of pre-release builds of Shadow o Chernobyl. But again, this is not an official position of 4A games, it's just a personal opinion of one of the developers.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I'm sure they'll have a better reputation after saying this.
It always solves things, and doesn't make them worse at all...

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
As said in another thread, I don't know how legit that post is.
But if true: LOL at the entitlement.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure ultimatums will work out well for them.

(It'll still sell well, but what a shitty attitude.)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Mivey said it in the PC community thread, but it bears repeating I think: this is just one developer venting their frustrations with current circumstances and not a public statement by 4A. I wouldn't read too much into it tbh or attach too much rational sense-making to a comment by a person who spent a lot of time working on a project that's getting some harsh criticism thrown at it for reasons irrelevant to the game's quality.

Last edited:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Someone will be having a meeting Monday morning. I highly doubt that is the official stance of both the studio and the company that owns the IP / publishing rights for the franchise. :)

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, way to come across as manipulative assholes.

It's like they're giving people reasons to not buy the PC version.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. So, who is that "scynet" developer? Are we sure he speaks for the entire studio?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I assume this is an actually an employee of the company? Is it known this poster works for them?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Dude's either bluffing or this is just some loyal fan pretending to be a dev, no way the dev would have any say over a publisher in whether they will release a game on one platform or another.

This is just a scare tactic.

Besides its coming to Steam next year - they will need to readjust their sales projection until next year cause the number of copies that it will sell on EGS will be niche level.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Good luck... I will not buy the game on epic store and for sure I will not get a pirate version.

I can leave without metro.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it was a comment made in jest, 4A have generally been PC focused right?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it aint coming out then. Because I aint buying it on PC after this bullshit.

Jan 2, 2018
It almost sound like,I don't knowa threat to PC gamers?..I mean c'mon dude,you already had a shitstorm of bad PR this past week,don't make it worse,this game deserves much better.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I think 4A need to shut up for a while and maybe just focus on not releasing a broken mess of a game this time.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
unknown.png

Google translate from the same forum.
Looks like it might actually be an employee, just not an official position (which, well yeah is obvious). That doesn't solve anything at all.

Apr 27, 2018
It's probably some disgruntled employee if anything. I would not take this as an official response from 4A games.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Welp, if they won't sell it on PC, then that's their choice. I have my choice as in where to buy the game at PC and I will stick to it.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
No, that's not going to happen. If the game bombs on PC, the next one will come out on Steam or the publisher will ask for an even bigger moneyhat to cover the losses. The next game not releasing on PC at all is not going to happen, period.