• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
'Hey guys we are charging everyone but Americans more money even though we are saving 18%!'.
'But its your fault consumers!'

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
That is third party sabotaging themselves on Nintendo platforms level of moronic thinking

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Buy our game on a lesser platform or you won't have any afterwards."

That competition though.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I highly doubt a random 4A employee can make that decision.

I also highly doubt that trying to blackmail people into buying your game is a winning strategy.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2sossz.jpg

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Every day Crackdown 3 becomes more and more attractive. I need something I can turn my brain off to, this stupidity is just too much.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've noticed from this whole Epic business is that some devs have a rather negative view of their customer base. I've seen some rather hostile comments.

That's because some devs are rather self-centered and can never be at fault. For them, they can never do any wrong, their product is perfect and we're terrible persons.

Oct 25, 2017
- Make digital PC downloads of a game exclusive to a single store due to its competitors' 30% cut
-> Game sells poorly on PC
-> Become exclusive to platforms where the only way to get digital downloads is from a single store.... with a 30% cut.

galaxy brain

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Didn't think they could make me more convinced not to buy their game anytime soon (if ever). But you did! Good job.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I'm strongly in the "I don't care what launcher I use" camp, but good lord, the developments on this story are just flat out comical. What a stupid thing to say when PC gamers are literally the only people I've seen discuss the Metro franchise prior to it being on Xbox's stage some E3 ago.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mivey said it in the PC community thread, but it bears repeating I think: this is just one developer venting their frustrations with current circumstances and not a public statement by 4A. I wouldn't read too much into it tbh or attach too much rational sense-making to a comment by a person who spent a lot of time working on a project that's getting some harsh criticism thrown at it for reasons irrelevant to the game's quality.
Perhaps...
on the other hand:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Updated Thread Title. It is difficult to confirm the authenticity of this currently. Instead of locking the thread and waiting for news, we will simply mark the thread as unconfirmed currently and see how the discussion plays out.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If I'm honest, I'll probably get the game if reviews are amazing. They better be amazing though. I refunded my preorder, so it's kind of nice that I won't have to play it if it's shitty.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say if the game doesn't sell, then it's all on them. Such a strange thing to say, but good luck to them.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they'd even know that at this point, and even if it's speculation that turns out to be true, why should we be held hostage to your foot-bullets? Pathetic.