• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
That's a bit disappointing, i hope 4A games would have a go at that canned space game they were working on instead of being the Metro studio.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was hoping they'd take a break from Metro. They have the VR game, but it's crazy they're still focusing this much on Metro.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Exodus had it's flaws but it felt like 4A was getting closer to making a spiritual successor to STALKER. I'm guessing this new game will push things further in that direction.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Finished Metro Exodus recently,it was a great expansion on the Metro formula while retaining what makes it feel unique......perhaps they will go fully open world with the next game.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm always in for more Metro but they should really improve their gameplay formula, Exodus felt worse than Last Light in some parts.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Well at least they have new hardware to play with, so hopefully Metro 4 will still feel like a fresh new direction for them. So long as the team is still excited to be working on it.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a bit disappointing, i hope 4A games would have a go at that canned space game they were working on instead of being the Metro studio.

Exodus was the best game in the series and got close (but not quite) to recapturing STALKER. I really want them to get there.
But yeah space game would be nice too.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Exodus is top 3 for me this year. Has it's flaws but blows most other western games out of the water when it comes to atmosphere and world design.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long they don't send it to die again on EGS.
Metro Exodus was average compared to the previous games but had some great moments. Loved the desert level. Felt Mad Max.

4A should give a to at new IPs

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i honestly thought exodus was the worst in the series by far. the open world didn't benefit the franchise in the slightest. and i was honestly hoping they'd be done with it after having a trilogy.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Exodus a lot, especially the feature of your little train caravan expanding with new modules and crew members.

But I really don't want to see THQN acquiring them. I don't know how I could justify buying their games.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Loved the desert level. Felt Mad Max.

4A should give a to at new IPs
I think the desert level is also my favourite - it felt fresh and wicked cool.

I would also like to see them work on something else, but is this perhaps a confused call answer? 4A could infact just be working on the expansions to Exodus, right? The big separate DLCs they announced? Is that wha tthey are talking about?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, they probably said something about "new Metro project" and that may refer to an expansion.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I absolutely hated the Volga level in Exodus, and I was ready to give up on it - then I pushed forward and loved everything else. The caspian level in particular was a very nice change visually from the norm.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So that's 2 Exodus DLCs coming and a new Metro game? Hope they pursue the open environments more. I'm excited, but would also love to see them try their hand at something new. They're a unique studio.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Shit..completely missed this.
Amazing news! Metro Exodus is in my top 10 games of all time..will buy anything 4A Games make.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Werent they going to do some 2 bigger expansions?

also, i am happy, but please, return to metro, fuck that semi open world shit :(

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Damn, I thought Exodus was a good ending to everything.

I guess it'll still have to be, for me, because fuck THQN.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I was ultimately disappointed with exodus, thought it was the worst game of the bunch. They've got a real talent for world building and atmosphere though and that was still present. I'd definitely prefer to see them try a new IP at this point

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More metro that isn't inside a Metro!

They should for the love of god:

*Ditch the silent protagonist.
*Hire at least passable writers. Especially for dialogue.
*Go back to the Metro. And leave Artyom and Anna behind.

-Raven-

Jun 26, 2018

giphy.gif

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

ill never understand why Artyom talks during loading screens but not in the actual game...

and even in the game, it doesnt feel consistent - sometimes characters talk as if you are actually responding, other times wondering why you're silent... aaaghh

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just replying the first and second again. Finished the first one and half way through last light. Exodus is just not in the same league compared to these 2. Even though I like exodus a lot, there was just something missing. For me, it was the atmosphere from the last 2. Only the last chapter brought back the metro feeling.

I am looking forward to more metro games, but please be more like the first 2.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, the writing was pretty mediocre. But I really liked the open environments, gave the player even more agency and room to improvisation when tackling the missions

One thing I wish they drop is the multiple endings based on that shoddy reputation system. It was terrible in Exodus

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This just made my day.

edit: Since we're talking about open world and silent protagonists I'll throw in my opinion.

I preferred the layouts of 2033/Last Light over Exodus. I would not object to one level that was more open world, but please for the love of god don't give us a dozen tasks to check off.

I don't mind silent protagonists. The only recent exception that I played was Battlefield 4. It made absolutely no sense for the protagonist to be silent. He's supposed to be leading a squad but he's a fucking mute that sometimes points at things and apparently his squad is always aware of what he points at.

Last edited:

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just replying the first and second again. Finished the first one and half way through last light. Exodus is just not in the same league compared to these 2. Even though I like exodus a lot, there was just something missing. For me, it was the atmosphere from the last 2. Only the last chapter brought back the metro feeling.

I am looking forward to more metro games, but please be more like the first 2.

Its a Metro game without the Metro, which was (to me) what gave it such a distinct personality. I think the way the book ends is the perfect ending for Artyoms and Anna story, the whole Exodus game kinda cheaped it out a bit.

Metro works best when you are dealing with the claustrophobia of the tunnels, navigating the political traps of the many metro stations, having to scrap ammo and meds and weighing in shooting that scary monster with your actual money (The military-grade rounds) and saving meds and other ammo, or saving those bullets for a new gun or filters.

They took out everything in this sequel. It's a generic post apocalyptic game now.

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Its a Metro game without the Metro, which was (to me) what gave it such a distinct personality. I think the way the book ends is the perfect ending for Artyoms and Anna story, the whole Exodus game kinda cheaped it out a bit.

Metro works best when you are dealing with the claustrophobia of the tunnels, navigating the political traps of the many metro stations, having to scrap ammo and meds and weighing in shooting that scary monster with your actual money (The military-grade rounds) and saving meds and other ammo, or saving those bullets for a new gun or filters.

They took out everything in this sequel. It's a generic post apocalyptic game now.
Pretty much sums it up!

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
We had two games that took place in metro. It's fine to branch out
Nah. Not when it sacrifices what makes the previous games good. Metro games need to stay in the Metro system imo. The first two are 10/10 games. Exodus, not so much. The hub system and "open" maps ruined any tension.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I think the desert level is also my favourite - it felt fresh and wicked cool.

I would also like to see them work on something else, but is this perhaps a confused call answer? 4A could infact just be working on the expansions to Exodus, right? The big separate DLCs they announced? Is that wha tthey are talking about?
This is what I thought too. There are 2 stand-alone DLCs coming.

btw, do you have a New England background? 'Wicked cool' is 99% of the time a giveaway that speaker grew up near Boston.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Fan of the IP, but not of the morality system in place that governs the ending of each game. Never liked that me killing armed bad guys (who won't hesitate to kill me) will result in a really bad ending for my character. I'm all for games that give me the option of being a stealth lord pacifist, or simply "going loud" but piss off on making me be the pacifist to have a satisfying ending.