• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
10 years ago, on March 16th 2010, metro 2033 was released on PC and Xbox 360. the story was based on Dmitry Glukhovsky's novel of the same name. since then, the game and its two sequels (as well as the enhanced versions of the first two games) have been released on multiple platforms.

giphy.gif

DDkSAV3.gif

giphy.gif

happy 10th anniversary!

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That old eh?

I was always impressed that a new independent studio's first game (though they weren't exactly new to development being part of the original STALKER team) became a technical benchmark for years to come. Whenever I searched on tech websites how good a graphics card performed, you could bet that Metro 2033 was up there with Crysis amongst "the big shiny games".

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Love it. One of my favorite series. Warms my heart to see a big game set in my country.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Fantastic series. Haven't played Exodus yet but 2033 and Last Light have amazing atmosphere.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
One of my favourite series this past decade. I am day fucking one for whatever 4A make next.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Exodus 1 day ago. Great series and one of the hidden gems of the genre. But I feel the opus magnum of the series is still ahead of us since the gameplay still feels lacking at times.

Fantastic series,very immersive.I thought they pulled off leaving the Metro in great style with Exodus.

Funnily enough I felt Exodus lost a bit of the identity of the series since the open levels later in the game stylistical feel like a ripoff of other games at times, albeit a very high quality one.

EDIT: Also one thing that crossed my mind now, I really really hope they finally ditch the mute main character. Their reasoning was stupid back with 2033, it still is now and even their own DLCs show how it should be done.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Just finished Exodus 1 day ago. Great series and one of the hidden gems of the genre. But I feel the opus magnum of the series is still ahead of us since the gameplay still feels lacking at times.

Funnily enough I felt Exodus lost a bit of the identity of the series since the open levels later in the game stylistical feel like a ripoff of other games at times, albeit a very high quality one.

EDIT: Also one thing that crossed my mind now, I really really hope they finally ditch the mute main character. Their reasoning was stupid back with 2033, it still is now and even their own DLCs show how it should be done.
I didn't feel that at all tbh.Have you tried the dlc's.The first one is set in the tunnels(and is extremely claustrophobic,lol),the second is another large open map like in the base game.I thought both were good though.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
4A games went downhill a bit in my mind after how they released Exodus and the second expansion. The certainly aren't "technical wizards" anymore like how people used to refer to them after 2033 and Last Light.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Easily my favorite FPS series of all time.. love the original 2033/Last Light versions and their Redux versions.. Exodus is great too..

All three Metro games have : great atmosphere, music, art and monster designs, environments, themes, gameplay mechanics and systems, stories and characters (Khan for the win), horror elements, etc..

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't feel that at all tbh.Have you tried the dlc's.The first one is set in the tunnels(and is extremely claustrophobic,lol),the second is another large open map like in the base game.I though both were good thought.

I played both and they were great, even if The Two Colonels felt pretty shallow gameplay wise and not worth it on it's own. The biggest offender was the desert level since it was a straight Mad Max ripoff and because I felt still burned out from the Mad Max game that came out a while ago I had very mixed feelings playing it.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
10 years ago, on March 16th 2010, metro 2033 was released on PC and Xbox 360. the story was based on Dmitry Glukhovsky's novel of the same name. since then, the game and its two sequels (as well as the enhanced versions of the first two games) have been released on multiple platforms.

giphy.gif

DDkSAV3.gif

giphy.gif

happy 10th anniversary!
Just finished Sams Story they are unmatched with atmosphere

Oct 30, 2017
One of the best and most unique FPS games franchise out there... happy birthday :-)

Cannot wait for the next Metro game.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Happy to say that I've finished every single part of the Metro series and can't wait for more.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I cried at the end of Exodus during the music thing. Was such a touching end to the story. :(

Incredible franchise.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Finished playing Exodus yesterday. It felt like a good way to wrap up the series if 4A doesn't make another one.

I'll probably pick up the season pass the next time it goes on sale

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Good series that, with Exodus, became great. I know there are folks who feel that moving into an overworld made it lose its identity, but to me it really blossomed and became truly great.