• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Ok, we know 4chan leaks are not always legit, but we might have something interesting here, there's nothing out of place except for the last point

QA tester started to leak the game yesterday:
  • Reveal in VGA
  • It will have 4 years of dev cycle (1 year concept 3 year full development) longest to date.
  • Concepting actually even started while making MK X. They were always thought back to back games in terms of story
  • It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
  • Adventure mode is 2 player co-op , online or single. drop in drop out
  • Story mode and adventure are different both are included. story mode is normal NRS game style.
  • Story evolve about 3 main character
  • Punishing raiden ; hes now punishing anyone trying to even dare to attack earthrealm
  • Emperor liu kang and empress kitana ; preparing army and trying to find something of stone left from ages of those deity gods in MK universe(cant remember names elder god or something)
  • Shang Tsung and Reiko they made deal with Kotal Kahn to protect and rule outworld security , reiko has it's own agenda though gets killed middle of it.
  • Uses UE4 instead of UE3 like all other games of NRS
  • Animation cancel its actually not a.cancel but something of pseudo of it. Much as you can expect from a western company i guess looks infinitely better than MKX in terms of animations. Something similar to UMK.
  • Fujin is playable character
  • Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable"

Lol, why would they do that?

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
  • It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
MEGATON

Hyped as hell!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
To be fair, Johnny Cage/Sonya's part in Mortal Kombat is pretty much done. Same with Milenna,Goro and Kano

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
MK/Ed Boon has a tendency to get rid of large amounts of legacy characters so they can add heaps of new characters. Especially if they're aiming for a mid-20s sized roster again. Removing that many classic characters kind of fits the modus operandi.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Cage and Mileena not playable sounds awful, but everything else sounds so good that it's ok. Hyped that new Shaolin Monks and new MK are both coming, in one!

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
But are there big gameplay changes or is it similar to X and I2?

Everything about this sounds cool. Shaolin Monks FTW!

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Shaolin Monks type coop adventure mode??? This better be real.

Mortal Kombat Deception also had a cool huge adventure mode that I liked a lot.
Great to hear about the animations being better, if true.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh cool Shaolin Monks? I love that game, didn't Armageddon have a similar story mode as well?

As someone not into fighting games, I'd buy this if it has something similar.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018

Please be real, please be real. Shaolin Monks was amazing because it was so fun, especially when played cooperatively. If this is real, then i'm IN!

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Shaolin Monks type combat as a mode is perfect! Hope they bring back Noob Saibot for MP at least

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
i know mileena got killed, but cant that just be a clone, she's too much of an interesting character to just get killed off
Further down the thread, if you're willing to venture through the shit, the supposed OP mentions one of the new characters is a female Tarkatan. So..... Mileena/Baraka replacement.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
"Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable"

Lol, why would they do that?
Cassie is already a mix of Johnny and Sonya. Let the legacy characters retire so they can move forward. Ferra Torr didn't seem to stick with anyone, and came off as very PS2-era MK. But then likewise, I wonder if Kira is coming back in Kano's place. She was very much a Sonya/Kano mix. Mileena had one of the most significant story deaths. They probably just want to make that sting longer.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
That coop mode sounds weird. But I REALLY hope the game is revealed then. I hope Triborg is in again.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
If true we'll likely get one of Mileena's clones as future DLC, so I'm not freaking out too much about her not making the roster.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Further down the thread, if you're willing to venture through the shit, the supposed OP mentions one of the new characters is a female Tarkatan. So..... Mileena/Baraka replacement.

dumb its not mileena, but i guess it could be cool. i just want this clone character to be a turncoat as opposed to a generic badguy. I also want frost to join good guys team

Status
Not open for further replies.