• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird now that they would go back to the assassin part in a setting 90 percent of people would want to just use a giant axe or hammer in.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Ah, focken yes. A real Nordic open world game 😍

And a huge map is sooooo goooood news for me.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Feels weird now that they would go back to the assassin part in a setting 90 percent of people would want to just use a giant axe or hammer in.
I feel like all the leaks for the last 3 games have said, "it's going to feel like older AC games with a focus on stealth" I wouldn't read too much into it.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms

A new AC game? Set in Scandinavia? On next gen hardware??

TastyMenacingGalapagosmockingbird-small.gif

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds rad, and I can't wait to see just how squished all the different countries are. Hopefully they keep the same flexible romance options as Odyssey but make them a bit less stilted and don't do anything dumb to break the representation again

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Give me a canon gay protagonist and I'll buy 10 copies, don't ever pull that dlc forced relationship bullshit again

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019
Or they could just make shit up as long as it was entertaining?

They have never really done that though.

A AC viking with fins in it is a real possibility for sure, but if you have one focusing on the massive viking invasion of Great Britian and the consequences then having Finland and Iceland crammed in there seems weird.

It's like a Punic War AC where you hang around Egypt.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot

I don't know how that would work though? The question marks are useful for letting you know there is something there, the map in Odyssey is too big to explore every nook and cranny without some guidance.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be really in for this. Have no interest in Ancient Greece, but Last kingdom/Vikings the game is totally my jam.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
They can expect me Day Zero regardless if this leak is real or not which I mean seeing the history it probably is lol.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, could somebody post the pictures? I assume that's an imgur gallery in the Op but they're always broken for me.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. I can't think of a game involving Vikings that isn't full on mythology based (which bores me senseless) so this could be quite interesting.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Do these games still do the weird "virtual reality memory" computer storyline? I've never liked that part of it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly that sounds bad to me considering how big and bloated AC worlds are.

I'm guessing they'll get rid of the whole AREA COMPLETED messages and have everything be freeform. Like how you were never expected to get rid of every bokoblin encampment in BotW. It's honestly a godsend if they treat it that way - I always feel the pressure to clear every ?, even if there's no good reason to do it

Those screens don''t look convincing. Looks like 10 year old game lol

If the game is slated for next year, development at this point will be very fragmented. Chances are, for the sake of stability, the person that leaked this is working from a very pared-down alpha just to test various mechanics. Doesn't need to look pretty for that.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how that would work though? The question marks are useful for letting you know there is something there, the map in Odyssey is too big to explore every nook and cranny without some guidance.

Yeah, i dont get the dislike for that stuff. I like markers checking stuff off as done. I dont want a game that makes me have to listen to dialog and read text so i can make notes on where i am supposed to go and who i am supposed to talk to in order to get my reasons for killing hundreds of people/monsters/animals/demons/gods/pigeons.

I also like towers, lol.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Preorder for exclusive golden Korg skin

Sounds good to me, not tried Odyssey yet but the setting might work well in the new-AC forumula

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A Nordic Assassins Creed?
Consider me sold Ubisoft.

This will be my first AC game!

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This time the hating will be :
"Ubisoft shouldn't put other than whites on this game given the setting"

Vs

"Wow Ubisoft is really pc culture because the forced to have a black (insert another) in this setting"

Vs

"Why there's not this *insert a race * in this game this is racist

And then a lots of oportunistic youtubers making the videos on how is fucked up the X happened in the game.

Don't waste your time thinking about it. It's not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.