• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
-Assassin's Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020

-Actual name is Assassin's Creed Ragnarok

-Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army

- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.

-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems

- Large scale "conquest" battles return, and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story

- Player does become an assassin and use hidden blade

- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir

- Game is developed primarily by Montreal

- Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director

- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms

- Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration

- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning

- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration

- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)

- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.

- Player has ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Maybe it's just me but I felt like the Origins screenshots that leaked like a year before launch looked better than these, so I'm gonna say fake.

They also have stuff on the screen that I imagine could be easily traceable.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with Assassin's Creed and leaks?

In any case, consider me interested.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
All I've ever wanted from an Assassins Creed game is to be set in Japan, with ninja's, samurai and all sorts. That would be perfect.

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly getting fed up of this type of Assassins Creed that is spread out across a massive map with ship combat.

The last AC I truly enjoyed was AC Unity. I want a huge, dense city rather than empty space with a few settlements spattered about.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Always liked assassins creed and with the trajectory they are on this is day one for me

I hope that some of the mechanics they introduced in odyssey mean something.

Conquest battles were good for xp but ultimately meant nothing.

Also they need to ramp up more meaningful consequences to quests. They did a few in ACO but the consequence was always small

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I hope the combat is visually less clunky than in the last two (my biggest gripe with otherwise great games).

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine working your ass off on making a good looking product only for one attention starving asshat leaking your unfinished build via shitty screenshots on 4chan of all places

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Did you say co-op. I was disappointed in Odyssey but I am now on full hype for Ragnarok. I hope the Origins team is working on this because I thought Origins was fantastic

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Provided that it's true, which seems likely based on the screenshots, removing question marks on the map would be a nice change. Same with decreasing the focus on boat stuff again.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
So it's not multi-protagonist this time and instead it's with a single character that everyone plays? Yes?

Deleted member 38397

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I hope they release a mythology trilogy for next-gen with all three titles (Origins/Odyssey/Ragnarok) running at 4K60.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
What? I loved Odyssey, but I wanted a Watch Dogs leak. Not a Ragnarok leak. That game comes out NEXT year. :P

Anyway, it sounds good. As long as they're making RPGs I'm basically in.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I wish they hadn't fucked the modern day connective tissue. I really want a great story + lore that stretches over several games, MCU style except actually good. But once you taint the opera with ad hoc garbage like Abstergo, I lose interest. My loss I guess. On the up side, I'll save 200 hours of button pressing in 2020.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
This time the hating will be :
"Ubisoft shouldn't put other than whites on this game given the setting"

Vs

"Wow Ubisoft is really pc culture because the forced to have a black (insert another) in this setting"

Vs

"Why there's not this *insert a race * in this game this is racist

And then a lots of oportunistic youtubers making the videos on how is fucked up the X happened in the game.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
If that really is going to be the size of the map then lol I haven't even finished Odyssey yet and that game is already teetering on being too big for me.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but I felt like the Origins screenshots that leaked like a year before launch looked better than these, so I'm gonna say fake.

They also have stuff on the screen that I imagine could be easily traceable.
Games look very simple during early production phases as the systems are what's development first.

Status
Not open for further replies.