• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
0% chance any of this is real.

They're going to hunt down the guy who played Big Boss for five minutes in MGS4 and have him re-record all Kiefer's lines? Get out of here.

Jul 17, 2018
Also huge lol at the whole idea of Konami spending any money on MGS again, they didn't even bother to port any of the games this generation (Nvidia Shield doesn't count).

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, yeah right.

>Quiet has been...reworked. The character has been split into two. "Quiet" now dies in the hospital after being set on fire "by" Ishmael (whose legit a hallucination/spirit of Venom) the AI buddy ally half of her character is now a Ukraine sniper, Albatross, a completely new character. Fully clothed, she's a mercenary in league with the Soviets. Still an AI buddy, but much more mundane, and is a associate of Ocelot.

Nah.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about 4Chan and maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it possible for everyone to make these things on 4Chan? I mean, Can I write an article about Half-Life 3 and then it becomes a rumor and people talk about it without a valid source?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
tenor.gif

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a "What if MGSV was not fucked up" edition that sounds too good to be true. But if true, damn if I ever needed a better reason to get back into MGSV; game controls like a velvety dream.

The story is only part of the issue with that game for me, the side missions could use a bit more work and be more interesting as well.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like complete bullshit and totally fake.

But if it was to happen, I'd buy it. Fukushima was always the one keeping Kojima in check.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
>Quiet has been...reworked. The character has been split into two. "Quiet" now dies in the hospital after being set on fire "by" Ishmael (whose legit a hallucination/spirit of Venom) the AI buddy ally half of her character is now a Ukraine sniper, Albatross, a completely new character. Fully clothed, she's a mercenary in league with the Soviets. Still an AI buddy, but much more mundane, and is a associate of Ocelot.

5ca.jpg

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
You know, the worst part is that I'm desperate enough that I could even believe this if it didn't go out of its way to give so many more details. Like the more it went on the less believable it got. If all it said was "Konami wants to milk the shit out of MGS5 and is making some extra content to melt it together with ground zeroes/using cut content" I'd be like "Huh sounds possible."

By the time we hit the Ukranian sniper it was...well, you know.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guys I heard a rumor that Konami is remaking PT but they want to remove Kojima from the legacy so they are calling it "TP starring Woody Harrelson"

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Not sure why Konami would want or care about "winning back" the Western audience. They're doing just fine without them

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
Finishing up the MGS V platinum now, and would buy this day one if this is true.

But I don't believe it is.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know about 4Chan and maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it possible for everyone to make these things on 4Chan? I mean, Can I write an article about Half-Life 3 and then it becomes a rumor and people talk about it without a valid source?
An 8-year old could post on 4chan and that's exactly what we're relaying here

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
>They got Fukushima to helm the project, he's also the main writer. Team is Metal Gear veterans, with people who worked on Portable Ops and Ghost Babel on board.
lmao. This reads like fanboy wishlist gibberish, the only thing it's missing is "secretly ties into Death Stranding, which is actually Metal Gear Solid 0."

What were you thinking OP?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
"We hold a grudge, but only when it makes technical sense"
I was gonna ask why porting this thing would cost more than vanilla, but then I remembered that the last gen versions already exist for them to plop down and call it a day.

Would still fuck with their supposed intent to remove Kojima.

The whole rumor sounds like fanwank to be honest.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing sounds like a "You know that game that we kinda fucked up? What if we went back and redid everything and made it better just for you fans and the way you like it?" Rarely does it ever happen unless there is something in it for the company and idk what is in it for Konami to do this unless they are looking to kickstart their MGS/console gaming division again. Can't see it happening.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Konami is not investing that much money on an already released and acclaimed game.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The Switch version seems unbelievable. I know everyone says it's plausible and based on the way Konami are and the second rate treatment Switch sometimes gets, I guess it is.

But if you were gonna spend money and time porting MGSV to Switch there is no reason you'd not do this new one instead of vanilla, it's not like it would be more technically demanding or something?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh would have believed this rumor more if at the end it said "and this remake is coming exclusively to Pachinko machines"

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Switch getting the Vanilla port -- fake.
Feels like this was thrown just in ti make it seem more legit lol.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Are we spreading the words of random people from the internet?

How about we spice things up, add some giant crabs and add multiverse where all of Snake's Smash buddies come in to assist in battle, every time someone is added to Smash, it becomes an assist in MGS5.

And add a feature where puppies spawn across the map, make strangling them an easy way to grow Venom's horns.

Yep, call it a leak and spread it around the internet.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
lmao. This reads like fanboy wishlist gibberish, the only thing it's missing is "secretly ties into Death Stranding, which is actually Metal Gear Solid 0."

What were you thinking OP?
It's a 50/50 for me. I mean Konami did say on a Reddit AMA from a year or so ago that they would want to win the fans back.
I was expecting MGS 3 Remastered honestly, and I would rather have that to be honest.

I mean releasing it a month after Death Stranding if true? Then, oh boy.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"with Big Boss being voiced by Richard Doyle, his MGS4 voice actor. Kiefer is, however, still in, voicing Ishmael and the Medic, with a handful of new lines"

This makes even less sense than before, lmao.

And this is one of the most obvious fakes we've seen in a while, not sure why it's getting the time of day.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Err, how is this an attempt to win back players? It sounds really dodgy?

That's not even getting into how implausible it is.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The Switch version seems unbelievable. I know everyone says it's plausible and based on the way Konami are and the second rate treatment Switch sometimes gets, I guess it is.

But if you were gonna spend money and time porting MGSV to Switch there is no reason you'd not do this new one instead of vanilla, it's not like it would be more technically demanding or something?
I was thinking the same, but then I remembered that last gen versions exist.

They may just figure that just porting those would be cheaper, although I dunno if it works like that.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The Quiet thing tells me this is fake. Also, Konami can fuck off cause i'm not buying any of their new releases anymore. Death Stranding will show them the pain!

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Sigh no, just make a new game isntead of messing with a existing one.
It's just going to feel fake no matter what they do.
Make a new Metal Gear instead.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I doubt it but would gladly pay for it, MGS and my ex girlfriend are two of the things I have been most dissspointed in my life this last couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.