• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dQwFD7s.jpg

The TL;DR is:
  • Blades is delayed because it is functional, but not at all fun.
  • Cross platform play is main reason for delay
  • A whole lot of bugs
  • All hands are on deck with Fallout 76
  • Panic around Fallout 76 causing other projects to unravel
  • Starfield is stuck in a development loop
  • Entire studios trying to fix the game, but the whole thing has been started over multiple times
  • Engine is a huge problem, space combat doesn't work
  • The story has been rewritten twice
  • No oversight or direction, not clear who's in charge
  • CEO is trying to monetize everything because he cares about profits, not game design
  • Also, CEO is basically a criminal
4Chan leak, so obviously take it with a grain of salt, but nothing here seems to me to be too outlandish or unlikely.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well, hope this is bullshit. Fallout 76 aside, Bethesda is still my favorite dev making my favorite kind of games, and I don't to see them go down like this.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it tbh. I'll wait and see if Jason can confirm anything.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. We have to take this with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I doubt Bethesda would announce Starfield if it wasn't coming close. It's probably a 2019/2020 game.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
so this is how ms will be able to buy them /s

I hope they are able to get everything turned around assuming this is true.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
LOL LOL OLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reads like hot, fragment and fresh bullshit.

"Terrorism"

Come'on man.....

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This doesn't sound good at all and yet sounds perfectly believable... the fact that Starfield was rumored for so long now and just have been to likely be released only like 3 years from now, this doesn't sound good at all. I hope they sort it out but I am very worried about modern Bethesda.

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the corruption thing, none of this can ever be verified so it's the perfect thing to post on 4chan.

For the corruption... isn't there a Trump family member somewhere high up in the Bethesda ladder? Makes sense!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go with fake. Not because 4chan, but because apparently someone just made a whole new engine without checking with the higher ups.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
How coincidental that this person suddenly appears and leaks "troubles" only after the disaster launch of Fallout 76

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like steaming hot 4chan bullshit shat out to stir internet drama.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand how 4chan keeps being brought up, it's whole existence is based on trolling.

Nov 30, 2018
They announced two games that are probably 5-6 years away with zero information or trailer.

They're running on fumes here

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find it a bit reckless to post a random 4chan post as a "leak", especially when any person with a passing interest could have come up with this.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously take this with a massive grain of salt, but Starfield having issues because the engine is trash isn't hard to believe. Maryland rejecting and turning down all efforts to get it done with a new engine, though? That would be beyond incompetent.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

First result.....the Board of Control for Cricket in India?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Control_for_Cricket_in_India

Edit: well that aside I suppose this is what he was referring to.

From 1978-82, Altman and Clifford represented a group of wealthy Arab businessmen, including members of the royal family from Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia, in their efforts to acquire a multi-state bank holding company, Financial General Bankshares. The Arab investors used a British bank, Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI), as their financial advisor in this transaction. Following the acquisition, Altman became President of Financial General, which was renamed First American Corporation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Altman

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Good god, this site became hideous lately. Why is the text so goddamn light? Is there a night mode?

Onto the Bethesda stuff, if true, I'm sad to hear what's going on regarding Starfield. I'm really curious to see Bethesda take on space scifi as opposed to post-apocalyptic scifi.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like angry forum poster fan-fiction. Plausible but reads like the hyperbolic, assumption heavy posters you see on message boards.
The Maryland studio being stubborn tyrants, greedy CEO demanding loot boxes, the mobile spin-off being shit and name dropping EA? It's a greatest hits of knee-jerk reactions.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'll wait for a reliable source to back it up. Sounds a little too much doom and gloom to me.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, y'all are actually considering this neck beard drivel to be plausible.

Why haven't I gone on this 4chan yet and become an established author.

Status
Not open for further replies.