• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Have there been any credible rumors about Superman from WB Montreal at all.
Mate they were working on the game but they couldn't get it greenlit in the end. There's been a bunch of leaked concept art of this game which stretches all the way back to 2015. This was leaked by a mocap/audio company called GameOn Audio who also worked on Arkham Origins (which was developed by WB Montreal...).

U45BUnq.jpg

x2MQtDS.jpg

6nxH3IK.jpg

UHTBFUP.jpg

Around Oct 2018, Osama Dorias who's a senior game designer at WB Montreal mentioned that he got moved to a new secondary project which is a major DC property. We know for a fact that WB Montreal have been hiring for a UE4-based open world game seperate from the Court of Owls game

CGxHsoR.png

Connect the dots

Oct 26, 2017

Am I going to have to listen to this podcast.

Because this quote doesn't imply multiple DC games.

"The project I just recently left, because there are a couple projects at [WB Games Montreal], the only thing I can say about is it's a major console game, open world, DC Universe — so that's really awesome."

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
starlight section badly blacks out a obvious 'X' so ms marketing

And later on the blacked part after Gameplay Presentation forgets to hide 'Briefing', which indicates that the trailer/initial announcement will be on June 4, while Microsoft have requested a trailer/gameplay walkthrough for their Xbox E3 briefing on June 9 I think I could see that happening.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to say it'll be like Warframe but less interesting. And probably with worst monetization.

But also maybe they'll put John Fox in the game so that would be worth the $60 purchase.
Man, I hope they have a crack team. Because the warframes are fun but they kinda all the same. Bronze Tiger and King Shark shouldn't be moving and playing the same

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope they have a crack team. Because the warframes are fun but they kinda all the same. Bronze Tiger and King Shark shouldn't be moving and playing the same
I think we're probably going to get a create a character with maybe like a body archetype for heavy, medium, or light.

But yeah if they do go for actual DC characters I hope there are actual differencesm I don't want to be using, like you said, King Shark or Bronze Tiger and also be getting a level 20 assault rifle or something.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Mate they were working on the game but they couldn't get it greenlit in the end. There's been a bunch of leaked concept art of this game which stretches all the way back to 2015. This was leaked by a mocap/audio company called GameOn Audio who also worked on Arkham Origins (which was developed by WB Montreal...).

U45BUnq.jpg

x2MQtDS.jpg

6nxH3IK.jpg

UHTBFUP.jpg

Around Oct 2018, Osama Dorias who's a senior game designer at WB Montreal mentioned that he got moved to a new secondary project which is a major DC property. We know for a fact that WB Montreal have been hiring for a UE4-based open world game seperate from the Court of Owls game

CGxHsoR.png

Connect the dots
I forgot about that. A friend reached out to the artist and basically he said that it failed to impress the execs at a green light meeting.
Am I going to have to listen to this podcast.

Because this quote doesn't imply multiple DC games.
It's well known that WB Montreal has two projects in the pipeline. I reported on it last year, but it said they got one for a "next gen, new IP". It stated that in one of their job postings. If it was still Batman, it wouldn't say new IP

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
That's...Disappointing.
Well I hope people enjoy it, not for me.

Interested to see what the Montral team is working on. I know I am in the minority but Arkham origins was actually my favourite in the series so I will be really hyped for a Court of Owls game by them.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think we're probably going to get a create a character with maybe like a body archetype for heavy, medium, or light.

But yeah if they do go for actual DC characters I hope there are actual differencesm I don't want to be using, like you said, King Shark or Bronze Tiger and also be getting a level 20 assault rifle or something.
I'm guessing that most people in this game will be able to shoot guns.

Probably all of the playable characters/classes in the game.
Yeah you probably play an a created character who's abilies are "inspired" by named characters like DC Online

Jul 13, 2018
If this does end up being Suicide Squad, it'll be interesting to see what the "loot pool" looks like since many of the members don't actually use guns. Killer Frost, King Shark, Black Manta, etc don't exactly wield pistols and shotguns.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully hopefully we at least get some decent movement options. The old super jump, flight, or superspeed thing may be asking for too much depending on how the game is designed, but something.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did this dude really just make his DMs with Jason public?

What the fuck man

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW internal communication often has spelling and grammatical errors. You have people with dyslexia and also plenty of non-native-English speakers. It's not proof for or against the veracity of this supposed leak.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
This kind of game set in the DC Universe is certainly something I'm very interested in. Hopefully if it's true, they'll actually launch fairly content rich and not barren like most of these games seem to.

Also, does it, or has it explicitly been stated anywhere that this is totally a shooter? Could blend shooting and melee combat similar to something like Warframe. Throw in a selection of possible super abilities and there could be some cool character customization possibilities here.

Oct 26, 2017
Where did the whole "create your own original character" theory come from? I'd honestly prefer to play as established DC characters and have heavy customization options instead (a la Injustice 2).

It's a guess.

I just don't think many people in Suicide Squad are interesting or known to the public other than Deadshot and Harley Quinn also though.

Deathstroke is also sometimes in Suicide Squad and he's fairly well known too I guess.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
That's kind of a dick move to spoil Jason's news, no? Could've just said no and let Jason do his thing.
Edit: Talking about the guy on twitter.

It's also a dick move to make articles about unannounced games and potentially steal the developer's/publisher's thunder. I mean I really enjoy leaks but what goes around and all that jazz.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Jason didn't have to respond.
TBH, I completely misunderstood that tweet. I just saw the preview and I thought Jason was asking about Suicide Squad, not the other way around. I take it back.

It's also a dick move to make articles about unannounced games and potentially steal the developer's/publisher's thunder. I mean I really enjoy leaks but what goes around and all that jazz.
I don't disagree, but one thunder-stealing doesn't deserve another, especially when it's with a presumed acquaintance.
But I misunderstood the tweet anyway so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Speculation: you're going to make your own hero and the raids will be you and your friends forming a 'skwad'.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suicide squad might make more sense cause of guns and killing and stuff. Not every game needs to be single player Batman, so I'm okay with this. Especially if there's another DC game.

I'd rather have faction heroes vs villains stuff tho than either straight up justice league or suicide squad

Jun 1, 2018
Jason didn't have to respond.

I need to talk about this: Journalists who have information they trust but decide to only openly tease it just enough to start the rumour mill but without giving any information of note are not doing a good job. Either you trust your sources and are able to dig deeper into the story or you don't and it's not worth reporting on. This "Ooooh, I know something you don't, hehe!" shit is just going to fuel unfounded speculation, leading to people blaming any singular person they want to attach to your thread.

Report on it or don't report on it. But this weird flexing helps no one but your own ego. Sorry for the harsh words, but I've seen this a little to often in this industry and it's just not a good look.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember somewhere on here in one of the Anthem threads that an Insider told us to get ready for more of these type of games because a bunch more of them are in development. I am afraid they are becoming the norm instead of the exception.

I like how the makers of Alien Isolation are trying to make an "immersive sim stealth multiplayer shooter GaaS" thing.

Arkane is trying to do something similar with Dishonored 3.

And sometimes it's like

These are obviously bad ideas

And make no sense.

Why do this.