• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Are most of the 4chan users fairly young males? Have middle aged White supremacists found sanctuary there? I am really curious what age range these guys are.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Are most of the 4chan users fairly young males? Have middle aged White supremacists found sanctuary there? I am really curious what age range these guys are.

Yeah curious as well. I can just picture this person from back in high school. Stupid kids not realizing the consequences of their actions. At least that's the best case I guess? Wouldn't be surprised if they are indeed old enough. It doesn't help when you are just a part of that community and aren't exposed to anything else. I think that's the worst part.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Needs to be burnt to the ground and everyone that frequents it investigated.

Wouldn't be shocked if every incel, school shooter, white supremacist murderer, SWATer, etc. posted there.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would this even work? How does Nike's POS handle QR coupons? I'd figure the system would just process the discount or throw an error on invalid code. If Nike doesn't do coupons like this at all, then the stores probably wouldn't even attempt to scan them.

Code Artisan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How do you want to deplatform 4chan ? It's not doing any advertising on youtube, facebook, twitter,... 4chan is a platform itself and probably self sustaining by selling users data.

Oct 25, 2017
Y7GbcLr.png

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know it does, but I was think it probably works much better against a singular voice rather than a community of people.

GAF to ResertERA was a massive exception that only worked because all the largest groups had discord to communicate with. And remember, we still are not as large as GAF was pre-Exodus.

99% of the time, a web community shutting down results in five to ten new sites springing up to take its place, with the old users scattering among them. One of the new sites might in time almost return to the size of the old one, but that takes years.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Of all of the personal info leaks these days, I wouldn't mind if every 4chan member's identity were revealed/leaked. That place has always been a cesspool and the members should be on some sort of public "Garbage People" database.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really wish 4chan was just destroyed. Then again, they'll just make a Discord.
If they make a Discord it won't have a tenth of the users that the main site had.

Just show me examples of deplatforming communities. I know it works with individuals, but I need examples of communities.

Sighhhhh time to pull out THIS link for the ten billionth time. https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/11/s...of-its-most-toxic-subreddits-actually-worked/

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
Times really are a changing when /b/ isn't the most notorious board on 4chan anymore. Anything crazy or outrageous in the past five years has come from /pol/ or /r9k/

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
GAF to ResertERA was a massive exception that only worked because all the largest groups had discord to communicate with. And remember, we still are not as large as GAF was pre-Exodus.
But was that deplatforming an individual or a community?
I mean, 90% of the community left to form a new community with strict progressive moderation. What kind of community were we trying to deplatform when making the move?

I'm not opposed to deplatforming communities, btw. I say do it, but I'm just looking for an example of it working.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
IMO 4chan's what'll happen to Reddit if they don't shut down the_Donald soon. /pol/ has just infested the place, to the point where no normal adult should want to go on any of the boards. If you shut down /pol/ now, it wouldn't do shit. The infection's spread too far across the site.

Yeah I see the_donald posters infesting other subreddits already.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But was that deplatforming an individual or a community?

Both, as has been discussed countless times Tyler was a piece of shit but the site itself and the mods that ran it also festered with problems that users had complained (in private) about for years.. The sexual harassment was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I mean, 90% of the community left to form a new community with strict progressive moderation. What kind of community were we trying to deplatform when making the move?

I'm not opposed to deplatforming communities, btw. I say do it, but I'm just looking for an example of it working.

We left a community that had arbitrary moderation with no transparency, cohesiveness or accountability. Where the same infraction would make one mod give you a 3 day ban while another might permaban you. It all depended on if they were in a good mood that day.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Shut 4chan down already. The hardcore racists posting there are literally trying to murder black people. What the fuck.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like some shit /pol/ would pull.

Leave the mecha board and nuke everything else there.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How come?

This is r/greatawakening isn't it? It's filled surprisingly filled with a terrifying amount of 40-50 year olds.

Why would you take anything you saw on T_D at face value. It's a billion liars gaslighting each other.
Are we pretending that old female Trump supporters don't exist..? There hundreds and thousands of white women who voted for the man, it's not really shocking.