• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Metal Slug. Metal Slug. Metal Slug. Metal Slug.

METAL SLUG 8!!!
SNK made/produced Metal Slug right? Or am I thinking of another company?

RiggityRice

Oct 28, 2017
So I take it that they are going to make a game for both mobile AND consoles? Not SNK is making a new console, right?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The console game will be the first major non-KOF console game in forever from SNK, can't wait to see what it is.

A new Samurai Shodown?

Safest bet, it's the series' 25th anniversary next year and SNK has said that it is the most requested series among fans after KOF.

Same. I instantly thought "Neo-Geo Mini." Now I'm bummed, lol.

SNK plans to release a Neo Geo Mini next year to celebrate SNK turning 40.

We don't know yet if it's a playable console or just a miniature Neo Geo though.

Last edited:

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they are doing a mobile Samurai Spirits game for China:

Maybe they are doing it for mobile to promote a possible new SS game.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they plan to unveil it at the biggest stage then it has to be E3.

TGS and PSX are small time now.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Whatever happened to the Neo Geo X? Remember I was hyped for that system/handheld but not sure what happened to it after release since I couldn't get my hands on one when it came out.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
There's still so many great franchises SNK could bring back, especially fighting games. I'm excited for a new Garou but I want them to take their time so no rush.

Hopefully the console games are proper full-fledged non-mtx titles like KOF XIV

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*nods with a smile*

Now, just let Neo_G do his thing!

The greatest thing that could happen is that I get a year where Samurai Shodown and Soulcalibur both get new games.

Wonder if they will have the balls to let him make the bloody/brutal reboot he wanted.

It would be a great way to make the series stand out not only next to SC but among JP fighters in general.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Didn't Neo_G express interest in doing a Samurai Shodown game? Along with the other things (anniversary, etc) mentioned, I'd say that's a safe bet.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it was a miscommunication thing but I would buy a New Geo Classic/mini console in a heartbeat.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Wonder if they will have the balls to let him make the bloody/brutal reboot he wanted.

It would be a great way to make the series stand out not only next to SC but among JP fighters in general.

If SNK had good sense? I think they would. Back in the day, SS was, without a doubt, their biggest IP in the US. They only lost that much after SS3 shat the bed, and never really ever got it back after that.

But let the game look REALLY good, play well, bring back that "stylish violence" ambiance, have a few nice extras for singleplayer audiences, and perhaps play up Neo_G's pedigree as a Battle Planner/Director? And who knows, maybe SNK can finally get that brand that could give them a bit more in the way of mainstream appeal.

Japan's CERO system be damned. Give them a "censored" version, if their ratings board doesn't like it~!

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
A new SamSho would be really cool to see, I just hope they can make it something really special that the FGC can get behind and support.
The serious had some great ideas and aesthetic look in the past, it could definitely carve out it's niche.

MrBoBo

Nov 6, 2017
I really hope they find some magic way to make KOF online active.
So dead. So, so dead...

Gren

Oct 27, 2017
SNK plans to release a Neo Geo Mini next year to celebrate SNK turning 50.

We don't know yet if it's a playable console or just a miniature Neo Geo though.
If done like the SNES classic, as opposed to the Neo Geo X, it'd be the first & only retro console reproduction I'd need to buy.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
It will most probably be Samurai Shodown. Just give me KoF's big update and I'm good to go.

Dec 18, 2017
SAMURAI SHODOWN VII

JUICY THICC IROHA-CHAN IN HIGH DEFINITION NEXT GEN GRAPHICS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever happened to the Neo Geo X? Remember I was hyped for that system/handheld but not sure what happened to it after release since I couldn't get my hands on one when it came out.

SNKP demanded Tommo to retire all the units from stores because of "low quality standards" on the manufacture of the console. I remember that the Neo Geo X was so poverty, that Tommo used a Micro SD card with Final Burn Alpha as the emulator of the console, also they were so stupid that put inside bios from the old capcom boards and even from the PS1 (Or the arcade board based on the PS1, I can't remember)

Also, the emulation was terrible, so SNK wasn't happy on how the console was harming their brand

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have they only released one game (KOF) in the modern era? Along with copius remasters and ports?

With the next Xbox and PlayStation both likely backwards compatible, how are they going to keep a revenue going? They'll have to step up production of brand new games.