• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Only one choice imo Q60R Samsung might have to ho 43" to get to close to 500 but its HDR implementation is great.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So i am looking at the RU8000. But then i noticed it had 50hz. That doesnt make much sense in 2019?
I believe it still has a 60hz option. But just selects whats needed. TV or gaming for example.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
If you're in The Netherlands, Philips is actually also a pretty good option.

This one specifically: https://www.whathifi.com/philips/50pus6703/review

I have the 43'' version of this and while the HDR isn't the best (though the 50'' version is supposedly much better with HDR), the tv itself is very good IMO and ambilight is just delicious. Just don't use Philips' own OS, it's shit.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
So i am looking at the RU8000. But then i noticed it had 50hz. That doesnt make much sense in 2019?
I believe it still has a 60hz option. But just selects whats needed. TV or gaming for example.
Euro TV channels still broadcast in 50Hz. Everything has 60Hz support too, especially Samsungs.

I picked up an 43 RU7400 in the Ebay 20% sale not too long ago, but I haven't used it a great deal yet so I can't really give much feedback. My initial tests with a few Youtube vids from an OG PS4 to verify it works made me quite impressed. I intend to use it with my PC eventually - therefore I was interested in it's VA panel specifically.. The RU8000 is surely better in some aspects, put the specs side by side and see what you think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Euro TV channels still broadcast in 50Hz. Everything has 60Hz support too, especially Samsungs.

I picked up an 43 RU7400 in the Ebay 20% sale not too long ago, but I haven't used it a great deal yet so I can't really give much feedback. My initial tests with a few Youtube vids from an OG PS4 to verify it works made me quite impressed. I intend to use it with my PC eventually - therefore I was interested in it's VA panel specifically.. The RU8000 is surely better in some aspects, put the specs side by side ans see what you think.
Yeah what i thought. I am also looking at the 7470. But the RU8000 has Freesync. Wich is maybe abit better to have for the future.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Would have probably gone for that myself if it were available in 43", Freesync should be a valuable feature. Hope you like it!