4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD Community Thread: Bringing the Theater Home!

-shadow-

Oct 25, 2017

Because companies in the Netherlands are bloody cheapskates, most 4k releases do not include anything other than the 4k versions and are priced the exact same/more than in Germany or the UK. But in this case, the two trilogy sets were actually cheaper (€35 and third copy was free, so seven films with seventh one being free) than most other stores I could see online and I already owned the Robert Langdon regular blu-rays, so why not.

Can't wait to finally see Lost Highway, this will be one hell of an odd ride!

BdoUK

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Below are the full details on the Bumblebee UHD replacement process:

Thank you for your continued patience while we address the audio issue you have been experiencing.

In response to Bumblebee UHD’s picture and audio sync issues being observed on some playback platforms, we have determined we can tighten their alignment to remedy the audio sync lag issue. Audio sync lag was observed primarily with the English ATMOS track, but we are addressing all the audio tracks on the disc regardless.

The majority of consumers may never notice the sync issue, but unfortunately, the audio sync lag is exacerbated by viewing the film via the “ARC” (Audio Return Channel) port on TVs that output to a sound-bar or receiver. Compliance amongst TV manufacturer ARC implementation is not standardized, thus different set-ups will exhibit different and varying playback behavior, even if played back on the same set-up multiple times.

A replacement disc is already ready that will align the picture and audio sync better, but do note, it still may not remedy all the ARC playback set-ups in the market – we suggest consulting your manufacturer’s documentation on how to align picture and audio sync if still experiencing lag.

Please mail your UHD Disc to the address below and include your shipping information.

Paramount Pictures
5555 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Attn: Customer Service
Re: Bumblebee

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Had a moment of weakness and bought all four Batman 4k's tonight. About 3/4 through the first. Looks great. Gonna go straight to Robin after this to see what that looks like.

-shadow-

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon UK just shipped my order for the Mummy trilogy in 4k. Can't wait to rewatch the film's like that. The old blu-rays are ancient transfers. First one even released on HD-DVD.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Digital Bits says Thor and Thor Dark World (don't laugh) are being released in August/September on UHD discs. Iron man 1-3 in August.

That just leaves the first Ant Man. I really want a phase 1 and 2 MCU UHD set rather than getting the one by one (as I have for the Phase 3 films).
I wonder if the iron man movies will be any different to the already existing 4k german version that I own

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Had a moment of weakness and bought all four Batman 4k's tonight. About 3/4 through the first. Looks great. Gonna go straight to Robin after this to see what that looks like.
Batman 89 UHD is a must have. In addition to vastly improved picture they have re-recorded a lot of the sound effects as part of the Atmos mix mainly gun shots, melee impact and The Batmobile. It sounds miles better than the original. The new Batmobile and Batwing Gatling cannons sound is brutal.

Apparently originally they ran out of time and had to copy over a lot of sound effects from Dirty Harry which is why a lot of it sounds samey.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the Fast and Furious 8 movie collection and wow the first movie is a big upgrade. It looks great.

DJ Lushious

Oct 27, 2017
they have re-recorded a lot of the sound effects as part of the Atmos mix mainly gun shots, melee impact and The Batmobile. It sounds miles better than the original. The new Batmobile and Batwing Gatling cannons sound is brutal.

Apparently originally they ran out of time and had to copy over a lot of sound effects from Dirty Harry which is why a lot of it sounds samey.
I don't know how I feel about this. I hadn't watched Batman in a very very long time, so I was instantly transformed into my 8 year-old self, watching the movie for the first time again (nearly).

Though I cannot agree more about the disc being a "must have." The picture quality and Atmos mix are simply outstanding!

OP
OP
KDash

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
1 is decent/good. 2 is very good. 3 is...a thing that exists.

I still own all of the X-Men movies, though. But I did get them all super cheap on Blu-ray a while back.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Has anybody heard anything about Aliens (1986) coming to UHD? I was considering buying the blu-ray, but then I read that it came from a 4K master, so a 4K release seems like a no-brainer

Channel5News

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Fifteen minutes into the Alien UHD-BD, and the picture quality is unbelievable. Inky blacks and bright glowing lights all over the Nostromo, and the best combination of film grain and razor-sharp details I've ever seen. I've watched this movie at least 20 times in as many years, and it's never looked this good.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Fifteen minutes into the Alien UHD-BD, and the picture quality is unbelievable. Inky blacks and bright glowing lights all over the Nostromo, and the best combination of film grain and razor-sharp details I've ever seen. I've watched this movie at least 20 times in as many years, and it's never looked this good.
Definitely agree, it blew me away. Glad I bought it (again.. again).