4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD Community Thread: Bringing the Theater Home!

LinkSlayer64

Jun 6, 2018
Usually the 4K disk only has the movie as it takes up most of it and doesn’t leave room for special features. The BR usually has it. I don’t know specifically about DP though but that’s how it usually is.

You can check Blu-ray.com for the specs of a certain disk.
I see now, I just needed to dig deeper, being on different editions sent me for a spin, thank you so much! (You were correct by the way!)

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They should put the Pirates movies in 4K. Also the 2004 Hellboy was finally announced recently for UHD with both cuts. Going to pick up Endgame after work today.
Yeah I have the 4K disc for the most recent one so I'd certainly double dip for the rest. Definitely picking up Hellboy when it finally comes.

I know this is a long shot, but:

What are some US exclusive 4k blurays you would recommend getting? My friend is in the US and could take some of them back to Germany.

ATM I found:
COCO,
Hereditary,
Hell Or High Water

are there some others?
I'm not really sure what's exclusive so I don't really know what to add, but COCO was a great-looking disc (maybe not as poppy HDR as some others but really great fleshed out color, I thought it looked awesome). Really good movie too.
Don't have the Hell or High Water 4K disc yet, since I'd gotten the regular blu-ray so soon before the 4K finally got announced, but the movie was very cool and I could see this kind of movie looking quite good in HDR/Dolby Vision HDR, which it seemingly has in addition to regular HDR10, so I may still eventually double dip.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I have the 4K disc for the most recent one so I'd certainly double dip for the rest. Definitely picking up Hellboy when it finally comes.

I'm not really sure what's exclusive so I don't really know what to add, but COCO was a great-looking disc (maybe not as poppy HDR as some others but really great fleshed out color, I thought it looked awesome). Really good movie too.
Don't have the Hell or High Water 4K disc yet, since I'd gotten the regular blu-ray so soon before the 4K finally got announced, but the movie was very cool and I could see this kind of movie looking quite good in HDR/Dolby Vision HDR, which it seemingly has in addition to regular HDR10, so I may still eventually double dip.
Thanks for your recommendation!

I forget to edit my post. I found some more.

US exclusive 4K UHDs are:
Coco
Hereditary
Hell or high water
Love, Simon
The Witch
Moonlight
The 2 old Tomb Raider movies with Angelina Jolie

Maybe more. I just checked Amazon.com.

-shadow-

Oct 25, 2017
The two Tomb Raider 4k films are also in other regions. I know for a fact it's in the UK as well and am pretty sure that Germany also had it.