• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BdoUK

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Are there supposed to be any perfect blacks in the 4k digital version of 2001?

The blacks in space scenes are a little lighter than the "black bars", but not by much. Some reviews have pointed this out but to my eyes the whole thing looks fantastic.

One thing I did notice, the 4K digital version on iTunes did not have the proper fade inserted at the 32 minute mark when I watched it last week. The UHD was recalled and this was corrected so not sure when the digital version will be updated with the correct fade.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
That's great! And weren't they also doing one for Aladdin (probably due to the live-action movie coming soon? The Little Mermaid and Aladdin are the two Disney Renaissance-era films not available on digital platforms due to being in the dreaded vault.

I'm waiting for Fantasia, but are any films going back into the dumb vault soon? I've got to pick up a few digitally like Pinocchio, Bambi, and Beauty and the Beast.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
That's great! And weren't they also doing one for Aladdin (probably due to the live-action movie coming soon? The Little Mermaid and Aladdin are the two Disney Renaissance-era films not available on digital platforms due to being in the dreaded vault.
Both Aladdin and Little Mermaid have digital codes out there though. I have Aladdin in HD and I'm positive ive seen mermaid for sale

The blacks in space scenes are a little lighter than the "black bars", but not by much. Some reviews have pointed this out but to my eyes the whole thing looks fantastic.

One thing I did notice, the 4K digital version on iTunes did not have the proper fade inserted at the 32 minute mark when I watched it last week. The UHD was recalled and this was corrected so not sure when the digital version will be updated with the correct fade.
A lot of it looked pretty good after I posted that but the space scenes stood out to me. Then again, I can't think of any movie that had perfect black space scenes.

Side note, I finally finished the movie after falling asleep like 4 times. Everything with Hal was great. The beginning and last third were wtf

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So The Equalizer I ordered from Amazon with a crushed box because they pretty much sent it all the way to Australia in an envelope with not much padding. Trying to get a replacement and they want me to send it all the way back. Really? Doesn't seem worth it for $15 item and now I'll have to wait like a month to get it back again.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the 4k UHD blu ray of 2001 a space odyssey tonight and wow, that was simply stunning.

Sad it got delayed so much, but it was worth the wait.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
So The Equalizer I ordered from Amazon with a crushed box because they pretty much sent it all the way to Australia in an envelope with not much padding. Trying to get a replacement and they want me to send it all the way back. Really? Doesn't seem worth it for $15 item and now I'll have to wait like a month to get it back again.

That sucks, I feel you.

I watched Batman The killing Joke yesterday. Interesting movie and some scenes look very good while others look pretty simple. Really like the dark atmosphere and enjoyed the movie despite some flat dialogue.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
That sucks, I feel you.

I watched Batman The killing Joke yesterday. Interesting movie and some scenes look very good while others look pretty simple. Really like the dark atmosphere and enjoyed the movie despite some flat dialogue.

Actually they just DHLed a replacement for me yesterday so I should get it pretty quick. I just understand what the point is of me sending it back. Doesn't seem cost effective for them, what are they going to do with it outside of throwing or giving it away?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda off topic but kind of on topic

My HD TV died on Christmas Day so I got a 4K TV the next day.

Saw some streaming stuff and rented The House With Clocks in the Wall Ultra HD 4K version.

My question is this.

Did any of you who jumped from HD to 4K experience any motion sickness or slight headaches from the new amount of details on the screen or the motion of the camera?

I'm seriously noticing stuff on screen I've never noticed before. I think I can notice frames somewhat in games now too.

What's the definitive 4K movie experience?

Could it be that your new TV has Frame Interpolation feature that's causing this? Check your settings and disable the Frame interpolation (can be called something else in the menus).

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could it be that your new TV has Frame Interpolation feature that's causing this? Check your settings and disable the Frame interpolation (can be called something else in the menus).

It's off. I think it's because of the new clarity. My eyes are just taking in a bunch of new details and information. I now notice the camera work in the WWE app. I was curious if other people had the same experience too.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
It's off. I think it's because of the new clarity. My eyes are just taking in a bunch of new details and information. I now notice the camera work in the WWE app. I was curious if other people had the same experience too.

It's perfectly normal. Similarly, a change in screen size can make a big difference as well. Brightness, etc also play a factor so tinker with the settings to tweak them to your liking.

Semi-related anecdote: I remember buying the original 3DS the day it came out and played Pilotwings for like 3 hours straight. For a day or two, I was kind of tripping out. I vividly remember text moving around and popping off my cell phone screen. That sensation lessened and then stopped within a few days of playing because I loved the 3D feature and wasn't giving up lol.

BdoUK

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Motion smoothness is also related to the display technology itself. Was your old TV a plasma by chance? When I went from my Pioneer plasma to a LG OLED it took some time to get used to the difference in motion. I always keep FI settings off but the motion is just different with the LG. I eventually adapted to it but found the Pioneer plasma better at overall motion handling.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Just watched Predator on 4K Blu Ray and I have to say this is the best transfer I have ever seen.

I have all 3 of the movies in a box set now to add to my Die Hard and Halloween 4K Blu Rays which are also incredibly good transfers imo.

What classic 4K discs would you all recommend?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
BB dropped their 2001 4k steelbook to $20 which is somewhat ironic since I think it's sold out everywhere. Just finished price matching when I got it for $30 on the 18th. Getting $11 back including tax difference. Yay.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Just purchased Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Pacific Rim Uprising 4K Blu-Rays, ready to watch on my new LG C8.
Managed to get Infinity War for £13.99 on eBay brand new (I think it's a pack-in promo copy since it's 4K only, no standard Blu-Ray in the box) and got Deadpool/Pacific Rim on a 2 for £30 offfer at HMV.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Just purchased Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Pacific Rim Uprising 4K Blu-Rays, ready to watch on my new LG C8.
Managed to get Infinity War for £13.99 on eBay brand new (I think it's a pack-in promo copy since it's 4K only, no standard Blu-Ray in the box) and got Deadpool/Pacific Rim on a 2 for £30 offfer at HMV.

Can't speak to the UK, but US sellers will sometimes "split" the bundle packs and sell the 4K disc, Blu, and digital code separately.

Ignore this post if it was factory sealed.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
In doing some office cleaning, I discovered an unopened 4K Underworld Blood Wars Steelbook from Best Buy. I don't have one on my shelf (to use), but I do seem to have the digital copy somehow. On occasion I'll accidentally preorder on Best Buy more than once, but doesn't seem to be the case here.

I was about to crack it open when I see that one sold for $90 on Ebay, and one sold for an offer (had $150 ask). What the hell?

Meanwhile I seem to have an unopened 4k Logan Steelbook with the regular edition on my watch shelf. I remember this being a difficult get at one time, but they must have made more.

Edit: I wish all retailers would follow Amazon in displaying that you've already ordered something when you click an item.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Can't speak to the UK, but US sellers will sometimes "split" the bundle packs and sell the 4K disc, Blu, and digital code separately.

Ignore this post if it was factory sealed.
It's coming in the mail and I should get it tomorrow, but it showed as factory sealed on the listing.
The box in the image also states just "4K Ultra HD" at the top rather than the usual "4K Ultra HD + Blu Ray + Digital Download"

I suspect when I get it the box will have a "Not for resale" notice where the barcode should be.

Here's the listing - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVENGERS...RA-HD-ATMOS-SOUND-2019-MEGA-SALE/283257889299

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched Predator on 4K Blu Ray and I have to say this is the best transfer I have ever seen.

I have all 3 of the movies in a box set now to add to my Die Hard and Halloween 4K Blu Rays which are also incredibly good transfers imo.

What classic 4K discs would you all recommend?
The Professional. I was blown away by how good it looked.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
It's coming in the mail and I should get it tomorrow, but it showed as factory sealed on the listing.
The box in the image also states just "4K Ultra HD" at the top rather than the usual "4K Ultra HD + Blu Ray + Digital Download"

I suspect when I get it the box will have a "Not for resale" notice where the barcode should be.

Here's the listing - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVENGERS...RA-HD-ATMOS-SOUND-2019-MEGA-SALE/283257889299

You're likely correct. Esp given this from the listing "PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PROMOTIONAL OFFER AND NOT TO BE RE-SOLD". :)

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my X-Files season 1-9 boxset. What a beauty!

whatsappimage2019-01yyfcu.jpeg

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they would do these in 4k, that collection is a thing of beauty.

How much did that set you back?
About €95 was what I ended up paying (after conversion rates and all). There's now a newer boxset that packs season 1-11 in a single set spread out over two very large cases. But the packaging seems terrible from what I can tell with three discs being stacked on each other because of the available space.

And from what I can find, I wouldn't count on a 4k release, at least not natively. Seems they scanned the film material at 2k only, which for such a long series is fully understandable. But shame regardless, since it does require it to be done all over again some day. Curious if by then they'll be able to fix all the issues.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
About €95 was what I ended up paying (after conversion rates and all). There's now a newer boxset that packs season 1-11 in a single set spread out over two very large cases. But the packaging seems terrible from what I can tell with three discs being stacked on each other because of the available space.

And from what I can find, I wouldn't count on a 4k release, at least not natively. Seems they scanned the film material at 2k only, which for such a long series is fully understandable. But shame regardless, since it does require it to be done all over again some day. Curious if by then they'll be able to fix all the issues.
That's a great price!

It's a shame, tbh I would take a 2k/4k upscale if it meant getting a 4k disc with HDR.

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
I know I'm probably a bit eager (it only came out yesterday), but have any of you U.S. folks grabbed The Shield blu-ray release yet?

Not in the US, but i imported it, plays fine, only checked if it works, will start to watch this weekend. Happy to answer your questions ^_^

Edit: Btw. I think, they did a great job on the packaging, love how it is presented, with info and photos.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching Transformers The Last Knight 4k digital, and the aspect ratio is constantly changing. It seems like it's changing between 3 or 4 different ratios. Is this a known thing? It's almost worse than the movie itself, which is really bad.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Transformers The Last Knight 4k digital, and the aspect ratio is constantly changing. It seems like it's changing between 3 or 4 different ratios. Is this a known thing? It's almost worse than the movie itself, which is really bad.

Transformer movies were known to have different aspect ratio because of some scenes being made for being displayed on IMAX. The Dark Knight and Mission Impossible Fallout also have changing aspect ratios depending on the scene.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Transformer movies were known to have different aspect ratio because of some scenes being made for being displayed on IMAX. The Dark Knight and Mission Impossible Fallout also have changing aspect ratios depending on the scene.
Yea no I know all about that..but have you seen this movie? Those other examples have two aspect ratios. This movie literally had 5 changes back to back in the same scene, in 5 seconds. It's really bad lol

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
The Last knight is probably the worst offender of aspect ratio changes. It changes several times within the same scene at times, and not between just IMAX and regular cinema rations either, as you've notices, it's between 3-4 different ones.

It's fucking mental really, it's like Bay wanted to see how much fuckery he could get away with.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The Last knight is probably the worst offender of aspect ratio changes. It changes several times within the same scene at times, and not between just IMAX and regular cinema rations either, as you've notices, it's between 3-4 different ones.

It's fucking mental really, it's like Bay wanted to see how much fuckery he could get away with.
Yeah I'm almost in shock right now. Was it like this in the theaters too? I can't believe they okayd this

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm almost in shock right now. Was it like this in the theaters too? I can't believe they okayd this
Not sure, didn't watch it at the Cinema, only when it got released on Blu-Ray, but according to a post on avsforum.com:

Transformers: The Last Knight - The movie has at least 8 different aspect ratios, as Michael Bay decided that any shot could have any arbitrary shape depending on which camera he used and what his mood was that day. Played in theaters inside a 1.85:1 container with alternating letterbox and/or pillarbox bars. The Blu-ray and Ultra HD editions follow suit.

I'm really surprised more people haven't complained about it. I mean, it's not a very good movie, but it was still a blockbuster, so tons of people saw it.

Last edited:

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Next week I'll be picking up:
Notorious (Criterion) - Blu-ray
Last Action Hero (VHS cover) - Blu-ray
Once Upon a Deadpool - Blu-ray

Maybe the Cliffhanger 4K.

OP
OP
KDash

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
https://movies.disney.com/the-little-mermaid

"The Little Mermaid" Dives Into the Walt Disney Signature Collection

Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12

and 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26

For the first time ever in sparkling 4K Ultra HD and featuring a fin-tastic sing-along mode along with over 45 minutes of exciting new bonus features for new and old fans alike to enjoy

BURBANK, Calif. (Jan. 11, 2019) — In honor of its 30th anniversary, two-time Academy Award®-winner (Best Original Score and Best Original Song "Under the Sea," 1989) "The Little Mermaid," dives into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection with all-new bonus features and a sing-along mode. The magical, musical tale of mermaid princess Ariel — along with loveable sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder, and the love-to-hate sea witch Ursula — is shore to make a splash with all generations when it comes home for the first time Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12, and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26.

The Signature Edition of "The Little Mermaid" showcases its award-winning musical score and iconic songs such as "Under the Sea" and "Part of Your World" with a sing-along mode allowing you to accompany this beloved cast of characters on their journey. Never-before-seen bonus features bring legendary composer Alan Menken and some of Disney's most recognizable leading ladies together around a piano to reminisce, sing and celebrate "The Little Mermaid." The latest installment of "Stories from Walt's Office" compares Walt and Ariel's love of collecting treasures. Viewers will also receive an inside look at the "The Little Mermaid" cast in their original recording sessions, explore hidden treasures and fun facts from the film, and enjoy a special performance of "Part of Your World" by a cappella singing sensation DCapella. Plus, fans will have access to hours of additional classic bonus features!

Based on Hans Christian Andersen's classic fairy tale about a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human, "The Little Mermaid" was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements ("Aladdin"). It features the voice talents of Jodi Benson ("Toy Story 2," "Toy Story 3") as Ariel, Pat Carroll ("Laverne & Shirley") as Ursula, Samuel E. Wright (Broadway's "The Lion King") as Sebastian, Christopher Daniel Barnes ("The Brady Bunch Movie") as Eric, Kenneth Mars ("Young Frankenstein") as Triton, Buddy Hackett ("The Music Man") as Scuttle, Jason Marin ("Back to the Future") as Flounder and René Auberjonois ("The Patriot") as Chef Louis. The film was originally released in theaters on Nov. 15, 1989 and is the 28th film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, and the first in what many described as a new Disney animation renaissance.

"The Little Mermaid" is the seventh title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," "Beauty and the Beast," "Pinocchio," "Bambi," "The Lion King" and "Lady and the Tramp."

All-New Bonus Features*:

BLU-RAY & DIGITAL

Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.

Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney's most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O'Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … "The Little Mermaid." In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.

"What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE" – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of "The Little Mermaid" in their original recording sessions.

Stories From Walt's Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.

#TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series "Coop and Cami Ask the World" as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney's "The Little Mermaid."

DCapella "Part of Your World" Music Video

Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:

Deleted Character: Harold The Merman

Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference

Howard's Lecture

Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVES

"Part of Your World" – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney "I Want" songs "Part of Your World" and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.

Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

Product SKUs: Ultimate Collector's Edition (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Code); Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), Digital UHD/HD/SD, DVD and On-Demand

Feature Run Time: Approximately 83 minutes

Rating: G in U.S. and Canada

Aspect Ratio: 16×9 1.78

Audio: 4K UHD BD: English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish, & French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby

Digital

Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Latin Spanish and French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital

DVD: English, Latin Spanish, and French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital

4K UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital

HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital

Languages/Subtitles: 4K UHD BD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French

BD Subtitles: English SDH & ESL, Spanish & French

DVD Subtitles: English SDH & ESL, Spanish & French

Digital Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish

Digital & DVD Captions: English

SOCIAL MEDIA:

Facebook: Facebook.com/DisneyTheLittleMermaid

Instagram: Instagram.com/DisneyAnimation

YouTube: YouTube.com/user/DisneyMovies

ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY SIGNATURE COLLECTION:

The Walt Disney Signature Collection includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. Each release will offer special features for every member of your family plus a unique digital experience. To date, the collection includes "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," "Beauty and the Beast," "Pinocchio," "Bambi," "The Lion King" and "Peter Pan."

ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:

For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.

ABOUT WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS:

Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.

ABOUT MOVIES ANYWHERE:

Movies Anywhere simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Movies Anywhere brings together the movies from Sony Pictures Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Film, Universal Pictures (including DreamWorks and Illumination Entertainment), The Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm), and Warner Bros. Participating digital retailers are iTunes. Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV and FandangoNOW. Movies Anywhere offers a library of over 7,500 digital movies, including new releases, and will continue to expand the consumer experience as more content providers, digital retailers and platforms are added. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can connect their Movies Anywhere account with participating digital retailers and enjoy their favorite digital movies from the comfort of their living room and across multiple devices and platforms, including Amazon Fire devices; Android devices and Android TV; Apple TV; Chromecast; iPhone, iPad and iPod touch; Roku® devices, Windows 10 and Xbox devices; and popular browsers. Consumers can also redeem digital codes found in eligible Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD packages from participating studios and enjoy them through Movies Anywhere
Best Buy steelbook: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-li...y-only--best-buy-1989/6316075.p?skuId=6316075
6316075_sa.jpg

BdoUK

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Watched First Man last night via iTunes. This was my first time doing a Disc + Digital purchase via Vudu but since the movie ported over to iTunes I watched there.

I was really impressed with the PQ on this one. It has an intentional archival look that suited the film well. The reproduction of grain was outstanding and I could find no flaws with the image on my 2.35 projection screen. The iTunes version also has the IMAX shifting aspect ratio on the moon landing scenes.

Also I highly recommend the movie, my wife and I really enjoyed the insight into Armstrong's personal journey.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
With Disk + Digital I see it says "no returns".. Am I correct in assuming that Walmart will replace disks that might get damaged in shipping?

I've had that happen several times.

BdoUK

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
With Disk + Digital I see it says "no returns".. Am I correct in assuming that Walmart will replace disks that might get damaged in shipping?

I've had that happen several times.

Yeah I don't see why they wouldn't. My interpretation of the "no returns" policy is that once you redeem a code you can't return the un-opened physical copy and expect a refund given you've already gotten some value from the transaction with the early digital code.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a best place to redeem digital movies? Should it always be iTunes if possible? I thought some services offered free 4K upgrade, but not really sure.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a best place to redeem digital movies? Should it always be iTunes if possible? I thought some services offered free 4K upgrade, but not really sure.

I generally look:

UHD Bible: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsJkCX4DIv2oeCKQ7zp2ArkR1qKEXCUuCMBbUtHtmh4/htmlview

Weekly Releases: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=236721

Misc UHD: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=272239 (Often mentions of provider upgrades and updates)

If all else fails, check the Google Plus code groups, which are soon to move since Google+ is closing.

Oct 25, 2017
I generally look:

UHD Bible: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsJkCX4DIv2oeCKQ7zp2ArkR1qKEXCUuCMBbUtHtmh4/htmlview

Weekly Releases: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=236721

Misc UHD: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=272239 (Often mentions of provider upgrades and updates)

If all else fails, check the Google Plus code groups, which are soon to move since Google+ is closing.

Thanks. I was sitting on a bunch of codes I hadn't turned in and the UHD Bible helped.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Me and the significant other tore through the 4K release of Castle Rock and I was utterly amazed and how detailed and gorgeous the picture was.

Last Action Hero (VHS cover) - Blu-ray
I have this coming in the mail, too, and I am super hyped. The last time I saw that movie was when it was in the theaters and though I am prepared to see a mess of a film, I am looking forward to see what kind of a stamp Shane Black put on it (though he's vocalized he hated working on that script) with adult eyes.

I'd recommend all the John Carpenter releases so far.
I want these discs so very very much, but I just can't force myself to pay the extra to import them.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
We have Alien coming in April although that might not be the kind of horror movie you meant.

Yeah I am definitely getting that, day one, can't say I am a fan of the box art though tbh.

I was thinking more along the lines of Nightmare On Elm Street, Scream 1-4, Friday etc.