Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Games media like Polygon and Gamespot were also invited to weigh in:

www.polygon.com

Inside Galactic Starcruiser, a tiny Star Wars hotel filled with gigantic performances

An immersive theater experience unlike any other

chall_220224_ecl1152_galactic_cruiser_0009.jpg

chall_220224_ecl1152_galactic_cruiser_0083.jpg

www.gamespot.com

Is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Worth The Cost?

Disney's new Star Wars hotel isn't cheap. Does the experience justify the cost, though?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think about this I dread how it would be for parents. I imagine it would be amazing for little kids but just imagine being a parent stuck there for a few days. You'd probably go insane.

Jun 20, 2021
This just seems exhausting. If everything was just Star Wars themed then that'd be great but if it's all roleplaying then it's a nope.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Having it described as a 2 day escape room sounds like they're trying to scare me away, not entice me.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not something I'd ever personally do even if it were 1/10th the price, but I admit I'd watch a streamer this on Twitch and probably enjoy it through that lens.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this the same one that Jenny Nicholson has been giddy about for months? I look forward to her video if so.

Oct 31, 2017
Every time I think about this I dread how it would be for parents. I imagine it would be amazing for little kids but just imagine being a parent stuck there for a few days. You'd probably go insane.
Some parents like Star Wars. There are vastly more adults than children at conventions like Star Wars Celebration. Why would this be any different?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this was a property I was more interested in, I'd totally go for it. As I once in a lifetime thing this sounds like a lot of fun

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
lmao the prices. Cant hate Disney if they can get people to throw away that much money.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Some parents like Star Wars. There are vastly more adults than children at conventions like Star Wars Celebration. Why would this be any different?

Even if this was an IP I love it would be fairly tough for me to put up with 2 to 3 days straight of non stop fan service inside a windowless building that looks like a fancy storage facility.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Is this the same one that Jenny Nicholson has been giddy about for months? I look forward to her video if so.
Yeah, but I assumed she was giddy about it in a "this is going to be a weird trainwreck and I can't wait to see it" sort of way.

$5000 for 2 nights is completely insane pricing. You're paying $5000 for a 2-day LARPing experience.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some more reviews and articles

www.thewrap.com

Is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Worth It? Our Overview

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, Disney's first-of-its kind interactive hotel experience, is about to open and we've got all the details.

www.thewrap.com

Everything You Can Do at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Here's a complete rundown of everything you can do at Disney's completely immersive Star Wars hotel, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.

attractionsmagazine.com

Review: Is the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser worth the cost?

We recently stayed at the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. Was it worth the price?” Read on to get our full thoughts, tips, and experience.

nerdist.com

Aliens, Lightsabers, and More: Our STAR WARS: Galactic Starcruiser Review - Nerdist

From an alien love story, to droids, to lightsabers, to immersing yourself in Star Wars, here's our review of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
My favourite steamers are livevlogging it. I was the repeat this evening.

It be interesting that 5k level of experience you get.

Apparently is booked out until as least July.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is not for me, but I have a friend/coworker and his wife who are REALLY into this and trying to get a waiting list or something to go. On TikTok I've seen a bunch of people posting videos.

Oooh, this is an actual cruise ship, like a boat on water? I wasn't sure if it was a stationary hotel or not. I was thinking that I'd get claustrophobic without being able to see outside ever, but that makes sense.

The rooms are surprisingly spacious for a cruise ship TBH.

Are you always inside? Like, is there no outdoor portion to this?

The people who I know who was really excited for it are adults with kids (5 and 8 or so). I'm with you, it's not for me, it would be like my hell, but I get how some people might really be into it.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems fairly well realized but obviously insanely expensive. Makes me wish they had gone for a less tech heavy property for an immersive hotel experience. They have the Hollywood Tower Hotel right there!

This paragraph from Attraction Magazine's review threw me for a loop, but good for them I suppose

We also saw a couple get engaged in the atrium. This couple was in cosplay dress and stayed in character the whole time we saw them around the ship. He was dressed a bit like Han Solo and she was an unrecognizable alien character with horns and fangs. With them and some other passengers, we couldn't tell if they were really guests or cast members. After the engagement, we saw them in the bar and congratulated them. The woman told me they weren't sure if they would be allowed to marry. Staying in story, I asked if it was because they were different species. She said no, it's because he's her brother. It was then that I knew they probably weren't cast members. She then added that he was adopted. OK … I guess you can come up with whatever crazy backstory you'd like for yourself while staying at this resort.

attractionsmagazine.com

We recently stayed at the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. Was it worth the price?” Read on to get our full thoughts, tips, and experience.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems fairly well realized but obviously insanely expensive. Makes me wish they had gone for a less tech heavy property for an immersive hotel experience. They have the Hollywood Tower Hotel right there!

This paragraph from Attraction Magazine's review threw me for a loop, but good for them I suppose

attractionsmagazine.com

This made me think of nopixel / GTA RP

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
For all the money that was spent on this a lot of work looks really cheaply done and unimpressive.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

attractionsmagazine.com

The woman told me they weren't sure if they would be allowed to marry. Staying in story, I asked if it was because they were different species. She said no, it's because he's her brother. It was then that I knew they probably weren't cast members. She then added that he was adopted. OK … I guess you can come up with whatever crazy backstory you'd like for yourself while staying at this resort.
What if she wasn't in character :O

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The Halcyon's interior scale just doesn't match up to the grand ship shown in marketing materials. I expected the atrium to be taller, the banquet hall to be wider. The cantina — home to the ship's bar and its singular holographic Sabaac table — is at most half the size of Oga's Cantina in Galaxy's Edge. Liminal spaces, like hallways and stairwells, feel particularly sterile, like wandering around a suburban junior high school built in the mid-1970s.
Stuff like this continues to baffle me. Disney has so much money. If you're going to build something like this, put the money into building something on the scale of an Embassy Suites or something

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

attractionsmagazine.com

lmao I'm hollering.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

attractionsmagazine.com

$5k to live out your Star Wars incest roleplay dreams - if that's not a life goal I don't know what is.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine what you can do with 5K on a regular vacation.
Seriously I'm going down to Orlando for a 10 night trip in April (Disney/Universal), and probably barely hitting $4k... Seems like a no contest of which I rather do. A 2 day trip (even if it was the most awesome thing) or 10 day where we plan our own fun.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
It is overpriced but I feel like the OP title comes from the idea of everyone thinking it is just a hotel room. It is more of going to a resort where you are there pretty much the entire time with activities and entertainment covered.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously I'm going down to Orlando for a 10 night trip in April (Disney/Universal), and probably barely hitting $4k... Seems like a no contest of which I rather do. A 2 day trip (even if it was the most awesome thing) or 10 day where we plan our own fun.
Yeah the pricing seems to be a big issue. I would think all but the most hard-core of the hard-core of Star Wars fans would rather spend the same amount of money at Disney Parks for a week or more.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
For 3K a day, for two days, based on that video in OP this seems like a big waste of money

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, this is an actual cruise ship, like a boat on water? I wasn't sure if it was a stationary hotel or not. I was thinking that I'd get claustrophobic without being able to see outside ever, but that makes sense.

The rooms are surprisingly spacious for a cruise ship TBH.
it's a stationary hotel at disney world with a "space cruise" theme

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
As a parent, I'd be more interested in going WITHOUT the kids than I would with.

I know my kids and they wouldn't give two shits about any of this stuff and would instead wanna spend all day at the pool or some shit. If I'm paying six grand for something, I'm damned well gonna actually take advantage of it instead of herding cats.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I did something similar 20 years ago but it was BDSM related. It was a fun 2 days.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you all spot this Penn & Teller level slight-of-hand where the retractable (but probably flimsy) light saber gets swapped for a more durable one?

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Don't think I'll ever opt for this experience, but I gotta say I was extremely impressed by the Rise of the Resistance ride at Galaxy's Edge.

Smugglers run was far less impressive, but that was partly due to the woman sitting in the pilot seat who had no idea what to do and kept crashing the ship into literally everything.