• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
No I do not, but I think you're missing the point of my posts; it's a possibility, not the answer. I won't knock out the possibility of such a crazy scenario especially in the wake of what's been happening lately and the blatant lies and corruption coming directly from the top of the WH.

It's admittedly far fetched, but I won't deny the possibility. The suspect is alive, if he talks, we'll get more concrete information.

Please, just stop. You're implying this was a false flag after people just got injured/killed.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know they existed before him, but what I'm getting at is Trump's unfiltered approach to tweeting is the perfect kind of ammo IS needs to recruit.

C'mon man, Trump is an absolute buffoon and has no filter on his social media accounts, but anyone who runs people over in a vehicle is not just doing it because of Trumps tweets.

Trumps tweets should get someone a bit agitated or embarrassed, not leading the charge to kill unrelated innocent people in brutal ways.

ISIS hate the West, they don't care who is in charge anywhere over here. It's absolute hate for our democracies, freedom of religion, freedom of speech and "tolerant" societies, in so far as we are light years ahead of them with equality.

I mean if its generic Trump tweets specifically about ISIS, sorry, but as much as I dislike Trump I'm not going to say Trump shouldn't be calling ISIS pathetic loud and clear. My point being, yes, professionalism is usually best from a leader, but I can't find myself caring that much if a leader just calls out ISIS for the scum they are. I just can't be more concerned about tone policing tweets calling ISIS out. I'm happier saying Trumps a buffoon BUT him going ham at ISIS even if it's his no filter ways is still what needs to be said.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if its generic Trump tweets specifically about ISIS, sorry, but as much as I dislike Trump I'm not going to say Trump shouldn't be calling ISIS pathetic loud and clear. My point being, yes, professionalism is usually best from a leader, but I can't find myself caring that much is a leader just calls out ISIS for the scum they are.

Again, my point is his unfiltered approach to IS and travel bans just provides more fuel to recruiting people against the US. I'm not saying this only began under Trump or that it's entirely because of him. I'm simply highlighting how having someone as the leader of the US spouting out xenophobic hate via Twitter just further helps their mission.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, my point is his unfiltered approach to IS and travel bans just provides more fuel to recruiting people against the US. I'm not saying this only began under Trump or that it's entirely because of him. I'm simply highlighting how having someone as the leader of the US spouting out xenophobic hate via Twitter just further helps their mission.

Okay, I can kind of get that argument, but anyone that actually spills innocent blood over a shoddy President is more of a concern than said Presidents social media accounts.

I guess with me being from Europe I'm just used to seeing a lot of terrorist attacks in countries that do not have a Donald Trump. Meaning, it really doesn't seem to matter much if you have a buffoon like Trump ISIS are still going to attack you as they simply hate the West.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I can kind of get that argument, but anyone that actually spills innocent blood over a shoddy President is more of a concern than said Presidents social media accounts.

I guess with me being from Europe I'm just used to seeing a lot of terrorist attacks in countries that do not have a Donald Trump.

I'm not saying they're attacking specifically because of him. I'm simply saying it's more propaganda for them to use, that's it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

I guess with me being from Europe I'm just used to seeing a lot of terrorist attacks in countries that do not have a Donald Trump. Meaning, it really doesn't seem to matter much if you have a buffoon like Trump ISIS are still going to attack you as they simply hate the West.
I agree with you Audioboxer.

there is no rationalizing terrorism. They have attacked many various countries that are not Donald Trump.

Just because one attacked NYC has nothing to do with the current sitting President.

Terrorists hate Western Society and they hate Western Democracies regardless of who is sitting as head of state.

Fuck terrorists.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there is no rationalizing terrorism. They have attacked many various countries that are not Donald Trump.

Just because one attacked NYC has nothing to do with the current sitting President.

Terrorists hate Western Society and they hate Western Democracies regardless of who is sitting as head of state.

Fuck terrorists.

I do kind of get what Tarpit is saying, but there are times when a tragedy occurs and it's instantly "well, what did Trump say on Twitter?!". Yes, he's the President and it matters how he publicly represents the country, but there are times when you should be able to do both tasks of feeling a bit embarrassed he's your president, but also not muddying the waters around ISIS/terrorism to think Trump's Twitter account really matters for them. They claimed the Stephen Paddock massacre. That's like the most insane attempt at propaganda ever. It's just how they operate. Maybe it's because in Europe we see them claim EVERYTHING, and I'm a bit desensitized to seeing "ISIS claim x" each time we have a terrorist incident.

Sometimes when Trump says shit about ISIS, he isn't wrong either. I took part in a topic today with what I feel is a shitty stat of Americans seeing Bush as an ally because he says some shit about Trump. Bush is still a war criminal like Tony Blair is. Ironically, part of what those two men did gave rise to more predominant worldwide terrorism. Completely fucking up things in the Middle East. Sometimes, and I do mean only sometimes, the Trump game of how do we link Donald Trump to every single thing that goes wrong goes a bit far. Don't revise history and don't play down current reality just because it might give a way to take a potshot at the current not so great President.

Ultimately, I really do hope America doesn't see a rise in terror attacks, and even after saying what I did above, no, I do not think Trump would be the kind of President you'd want in charge if attacks do happen more frequently. He is unpredictable and volatile, but that happens outwith the fact that ISIS just want bloodshed in the West irrespective of who is in charge of our countries.

Last edited:

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Fuck terrorists.

this.

and the success of attack in Britain has shown that this course of attack works, and then it happens. This won't be the only incident sadly. Now that its happened in NYC, it will happen again. :/

PlanetKiller

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Uh... there are no cameras in bedrooms and bathrooms.

99% of this is simply not true, as others have pointed out. But I will say that people taking more precautions, e.g., locking their front door, is not a bad thing. Also, let's keep in mind that we have much more information today than we did in the old days. 30 years ago, you only knew what you read in the paper or saw on the news. That's it. It's hard to fear things when you just know so little by comparison (never mind the fact that the young fear nothing).

Speed of Information simply is irrelevant. We just get it faster on our phones instead of getting it on TV. Not a big deal. Nobody I knew was afraid of war or nukes. Today I am more afraid than I have ever been because now any war could start in a minutes notice.

You guys think that Technology makes us safe, it makes us worse off because if an EMP happens there won't be anything to fall back on. Our electrical grid is old and out of date and easily hackable. You guys live in a different world. You don't understand what is going on around you.

PlanetKiller

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Regarding terror attacks it was WAY more during the 70s and 80s at least in Europe, I assume the same was in the US?

we-terrorism-1970-2015final.png

I am sure this includes a lot of terrorism from the IRA too. I just don't buy it guys. You will see when World War comes and you get drafted. Go look at the video on YouTube in which the Russians hacked into Ukraine ATM's and into their grid. You're generation thinks they know everything, but half of the things they think they know is fantasy land.

You generation needs to get off the computers and phones and get out into real life on what is really going on in the real world. The large majority of millennials are very naïve about things that are going on in the world.

Oh and by the way, I just want to enjoy VR and AR and Quantum Computing. I don't want any of this horrible stuff to happen. I didn't ask for any of this.

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure this includes a lot of terrorism from the IRA too. I just don't buy it guys. You will see when World War comes and you get drafted. Go look at the video on YouTube in which the Russians hacked into Ukraine ATM's and into their grid. You're generation thinks they know everything, but half of the things they think they know is fantasy land.

You generation needs to get off the computers and phones and get out into real life on what is really going on in the real world. The large majority of millennials are very naïve about things that are going on in the world.

Oh and by the way, I just want to enjoy VR and AR and Quantum Computing. I don't want any of this horrible stuff to happen. I didn't ask for any of this.

Amazing.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
When i heard that the guy was a greencard owner, the first thought was, huyyy know Trump has THE REASON to quit the green card lottery... and when you think about it, that i wanted it always that way, then it leaves a bade taste in your mouth

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Speed of Information simply is irrelevant. We just get it faster on our phones instead of getting it on TV. Not a big deal. Nobody I knew was afraid of war or nukes. Today I am more afraid than I have ever been because now any war could start in a minutes notice.

You guys think that Technology makes us safe, it makes us worse off because if an EMP happens there won't be anything to fall back on. Our electrical grid is old and out of date and easily hackable. You guys live in a different world. You don't understand what is going on around you.

I'm in my 40s, and think what you're saying reeks of paranoia and a lack of understanding of statistics about violence and war.
Yes, there are dangers in the world, but they existed before. There was less fixation on them in the past as there was not such a need to create news content by worrying about unlikely things (such as EMP attacks).
You accuse those who disagree of living in a different world, but there are plenty of studies and statistics showing that the risk of serious crime was much higher 30-40 years ago and while the risk of war might be higher now the risk of major war is almost certainly lower. I can forecast with certainty that no one on this board will be drafted and that we won't see a World War any time soon. In the 1960s or 1970s reasonable people would not have been able to say that.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Trump administration. They want merit based.

Sorry, I hope you don't think I was buying into any sort of false-flag narrative, just commenting on your response to the Trump tweet.
Maybe. I'm of the view that you need diversity-based entry, otherwise Americans will simply be outclassed in their own country (which is embarrassing for a lot of reasons).

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I'm in my 40s, and think what you're saying reeks of paranoia and a lack of understanding of statistics about violence and war.
Yes, there are dangers in the world, but they existed before. There was less fixation on them in the past as there was not such a need to create news content by worrying about unlikely things (such as EMP attacks).
You accuse those who disagree of living in a different world, but there are plenty of studies and statistics showing that the risk of serious crime was much higher 30-40 years ago and while the risk of war might be higher now the risk of major war is almost certainly lower. I can forecast with certainty that no one on this board will be drafted and that we won't see a World War any time soon. In the 1960s or 1970s reasonable people would not have been able to say that.
Statistically, you're correct.

The truth is that the 1970s was way worse in terms of terrorist related violence in frequency.

We are safer today in the 2010s then ever before

Crime rates have been low for a near decade

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Statistically, you're correct.

The truth is that the 1970s was way worse in terms of terrorist related violence in frequency.

We are safer today in the 2010s then ever before

Crime rates have been low for a near decade

It's a toxic mindset, and one that is widespread. When I teach I'm shocked how often I hear about "soaring crime rates". When presenting them with statistics showing massive declines in crime rates they then try to point to the outliers (Chicago, primarily) or anecdotal evidence. If people widely believe that things are more dangerous than they are then it becomes easier to believe that things are getting worse, which in turn makes us more likely to be mislead about crime, dangers, the risk of war, etc...

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

While you are banned and can't respond, but you are more or less saying that IRA terrorism is the good kind while those brown peoples terrorism is horrible!

Jesus.

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Muslims don't commit crimes because crimes are against Islam and therefore those who commit crimes are not true Muslims and as such the crime rate is 0."

Spare me.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I was actually going to come into this thread and express my shock at Trump loudly calling for the "DEATH PENALTY" over Twitter, but this guy does seem like a nasty piece of work.

It just weirds me out to have a President be so openly blood-thirsty, even if deserved. I know that previous Presidents obviously were responsible for killing people as well, like Obama deploying the Seal Team 6, but I felt there was more---restraint? At least on a surface level they tried to keep the appearance of being better than the other side, but Trump's dropped all pretense. Maybe that's a good thing as it makes things more transparent, but it's still a bit creepy nonetheless.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually going to come into this thread and express my shock at Trump loudly calling for the "DEATH PENALTY" over Twitter, but this guy does seem like a nasty piece of work.

It just weirds me out to have a President be so openly blood-thirsty, even if deserved. I know that previous Presidents obviously were responsible for killing people as well, like Obama deploying the Seal Team 6, but I felt there was more---restraint? At least on a surface level they tried to keep the appearance of being better than the other side, but Trump's dropped all pretense. Maybe that's a good thing as it makes things more transparent, but it's still a bit creepy nonetheless.
It just shows how little he values human life. A person with that kind of restraint should never be in power.