• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I have a dozen of them. I just wish Nintendo would support them more. I was really upset when I heard Mario Maker would not support Amiboo

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Sold the initial rare batch of three for a 200% up mark, once I realized how ridiculous the task of collecting them all would be. Favorite are definitely the Splatoon series tho

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
They're stupid and I hate them.

I also own a dozen of them.

It's amazing these things have lasted half a decade and are compatible with three different hardware platforms. I wish more games utilized them more, even something like costume unlocks would go a long way.

karby

Oct 27, 2017
I have all of the Animal Crossing ones, a few of the Zelda ones, a couple from Splatoon, and the Japanese one from Monster Hunter. Amiibo Festival really did a lot work on the Animal Crossing ones making them incredibly unpopular...which was lucky for me since that just made them super cheap and easy to get.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love Amiibos. When they became easier to get ironically I stopped collecting them as much with the plan to just do so in the future. Still hope to collect all the Smash ones.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Man that first print villager is atrocious. Fucking yikes.

Excited to get the Shovel Knight 3-pack next month. Still deciding if I want to get the gold variant of Shovel Knight or not.

Colliibo says I have 102 which is probably right, though it's probably a few less as I've sold some and may have not removed them from my collection.

Currently wondering where the extra G&W poses ended up. I feel like they're probably in a box at my parents' place but I'm not sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I have my retro consoles set up on a shelf (wardrobe to be precise) so they are in a row from NES to Wii U. On top of and around each of them are amiibo from various games from when I first played them. My Zelda ones for example are all over the N64 because I Ocarina was my first Zelda game (I was a DKC and beat-em-ups kid). Metroid ones adorn the Gamecube for similar reasons.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have few of them, but I demand a Smash Ultimate Zelda amiibo because how cute she is. That and the female Pokémon trainer.

rgibbo36

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when they announced Amiibos, I thought it was an awful idea and was convinced it would fail. Today, I own a whole bunch of them and think they're neat.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Only bought Solaire as a gift for a friend who enjoys Dark Souls as much as I do.

I hate stuff that collects dust.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I had no interest when they came out but then realized they are a good representation of a lot of Nintendo's history and wanted to start, but some of the ones I most wanted were crazy expensive. Not much later they started reprints and I jumped in. Now according to Amiibo Life I have 136 figures, with two more arriving Friday, and most of the cards.

As I like having them as a visual of Nintendo history, some of the more obscure characters are my favorites such as Wii Fit Trainer and Box Boy (whom I felt a bit silly for buying for $40, had no idea it's worth so much now).

I've never cared too much for their in-game use but every now and then something would come along I enjoyed like the costumes in Mario Maker, Odyssey, and Woolly World or the Samus Returns stuff (which should absolutely have been put on the eshop).

I was really happy with the release pace back a couple of years ago, where a game would get a figure or small series like Kirby, Samus Returns, Fire emblem Echoes, Woolly World, the various Zelda series, and Mario Odyssey. Now, sadly it seems like it's mostly just the Smash line. I wish we'd gotten a Captain Toad and Toadette with the Treasure Tracker port or a Luigi, Gooigi, Egad, Polterpup series last month. I was stoked about the Link's Awakening release, that's one of my two favorite figures now.

Coming down the line I'll get Richter and Dark Samus, Banjo, and maybe Terry. He doesn't have much history with Nintendo but I just kind of want to get that one regardless. And I hope we do get all four Heroes. If there's a Direct in January I hope we get some good Amiibo news.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Prior to the original Smash wave I decided to buy all the Fire Emblem amiibo that would get released, since I figured that would end up being 4-ish figures at the time. Ended up being a bit more than that. I kept up with it though, including getting both Corrins and my second Chrom coming this week. Otherwise I ended up just getting the characters I like, which...resulted in a lot of them.

Nintendo does seem to be tapering off though, particularly since stuff like Three Houses and Luigi's Mansion would have been so easy to make figures for (I want a Polterpup amiibo, especially since Poochy was so damn impossible to find). I guess we'll see when Smash finishes.

I was sad we missed out on that One Piece game from the OP, though at the time I didn't have Marth yet so I wouldn't have been able to get Brook Marth. Also disappointed they didn't do the obvious Chopper Pikachu costume, but the Pokemon amiibo have always gotten less usage than the others.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
So are they dead, i haven't heard of a game using them in a while
I was just at a Best Buy and was surprised when it seemed like they had just gotten some new ones. They even had a bunch behind the counter where new shipments usually go. Seems like they cycle through just a few characters at a time now, but they're clearly still selling.

Sep 24, 2019
I ihave three but then decided it's a waste of money for me personally.
And then I bought a spoof because of the BotW Amiibo costumes, lol

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like a neat idea at first, but I was never a fan of tying DLC into a figure. Nintendo (thankfully) seem to have cut down on that, but it still sucks for games like Metroid: Samus Returns which locked an entire difficulty behind an amiibo which is in limited supply.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never cared for them. I got one, though. The Mario one that came with the Super Mario Maker LE on Wii U.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've never used an Amiibo, but I did purchase one a couple months ago.

it's the cute Loot Goblin from Diablo. It was like $7 on the clearance bins at my local GameStop. Pre-Blizz controversy of course, but it seemed to have a unique occult style packaging/art on the box which drew my attention.

Still sits on my desk unopened.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought of getting one of these, do they really do anything much in games? As someone who hasn't got a lot of space the idea of someone owning over a hundred of those things is baffling. But I guess people like to collect things.

Having said that the 8-bit Mario one with the pipe base is neat and I do like Banjo-Kazooie so I'm sure if I were to get one it'd be one of those.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Love collecting them. I'm a little disappointed we're basically only getting the Smash ones now with a few exceptions. I actually think the ones from other series are better in some aspects. I hope we continue to get them for years to come, even if it's in lower volumes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad they upped the quality compared to the initial first wave. I still like my "Marf" but i'm glad that there are no "Marfs" anymore. ^^

Best Amiibo is Solaire! Don't fight me, you know i'm right. ;D

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Did they ever make more Wii Fit trainer ? I remember those being hard to get once upon a time I think

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I have way too many amiibos. Started by buying a few Smash characters I liked, then decided to buy a few more, then I was in too deep to stop and decided to finish the collection.

Then Ultimate happened.

Help.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
going to a toys r us for a jigglypuff when it released when there were like only 3 available turned me off all fucking amiibos from that moment

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I own all the amiibo released in Europe. I'm still waiting for the Gold and Silver Mario, Qbby, and the cereal amiibo to be released here. Which I'm sure will be any day now.

Does anyone know what the regional Copper and Booker at the bottom of the Animal Crossing amiibo card list refer to?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that they got blinded by Smash's momentum and went all in on Animal Crossing only for it to backfire and scare them out of doing more amiibo for different series. A Marin amiibo would've been amazing.

Still, I have all of the Splatoon amiibo and that is a LOT of Amiibo, maybe it's for the best

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I have 5 They are the only figurines that i have, (and that can afford for some characters) all are chars I use in Smash, the quality in the end was better than expected.

Plover

Oct 27, 2017
I still love amiibos. It was so exciting getting figurines of my Smash mains and of characters that don't have any other merchandise. A Game and Watch figurine even!

Oct 27, 2017
I have every figure released in the US and was actually able to buy them all at retail somehow. I'm bummed they never made a Skylanders-esque game that revolved entirely around amiibo. My enthusiasm for them is mostly gone now, but I still buy every new figure to maintain a complete collection.

Fun fact: I pre-ordered the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove amiibo pack over 2 years ago lol:
1RW7xMA.png

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have all of them minus the Dark Souls amiibo. Really hard to find that one.

2015 was a wild ride for those little buggers. Now outside of new Smash amiibos, we aren't getting too many more in the pipeline. Shovel Knight amiibos come next month but those were announced in 2017 lol

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
And yet there's still no Monster Rancher where you can scan in unrelated toys to life characters and make monsters based on them.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I own almost the whole Smash line (missing Piranha plant and Isabell which I will get eventually) and I love them. My favorite by far is the Squirtle. The pose is perfect and Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon.