• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Fk9WdLA.png

This challenge came from Fiftyfifty. The challenge is simple: You have one year to read 50 new books and watch 50 new movies.

Rules:

• 1- Read 50 NEW books and watch 50 NEW movies before Jan 1st 2020.
  • 2- You can join the challenge at any time.
  • 3- Be honest! Nobody is going to be making sure you actually read that book or watched that movie.

9mpv6sp.png

All you have to do is make a post in this very thread. Your initial post will be where you update your list. You MUST follow this format in order for your entry to be counted. New format this year. In an effort to make it easier to navigate through the thread, I would like everyone to put their movie and book lists in quotes. Format:

EverythingShiny - 57/50 books | 51/50 movies

Books:
1) Unbury Carol by Josh Malerman
2) Storm Glass by Jeff Wheeler
3) The City of Endless Night by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
4) The Widow by Fiona Barton
5) Come Closer by Sara Gran
6) Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly
7) Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco
8) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
9) Verses for the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
10) Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline
11) Legend by Marie Lu
12) The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
13) Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
14) Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
15) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
16) Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
17) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
18) Gideon's Sword by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
19) Gideon's Corpse by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
20) The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle
21) The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
22) On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
23) Written in Red by Anne Bishop
24) The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
25) City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett
26) The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
27) Decoding your Dog by a whole bunch of veterinarians
28) Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
29) Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero
30) The Trespasser by Tana French
31) Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
32) Lincoln in the Bardello by George Saunders
33) There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
34) Elevation by Stephen King
35) Little Sister Death by William Gay
36) The Lonely by Andrew Michael Hurley
37) Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
38) The Late Show by Michael Connelly
39) Zero Day by David Baldacci
40) City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett
41) Experimental Film by Gemma Files
42) Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
43) Dark Sacred Night by Michael Connelly
44) The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino
45) Recursion by Blake Crouch
46) The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
47) Vengeful by V. E. Schwab
48) Freefall by Jessica Berry
49) Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
50) Blindsight by Karin Slaughter
51) Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter
52) Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
53) Growing Things and Other Stories by Paul Tremblay
54) Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
55) Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
56) Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton
57) Triptych by Karin Slaughter

Movies:
1) Bird Box
2) Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
3) 2036: Origin Unknown
4) Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
5) Ghoul
6) Bohemian Rhapsody
7) Alita: Battle Angel
8) The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher
9) Horror Noire
10) Call to Courage
11) Hell or High Water
12) Guava Island
13) Avengers: Endgame
14) The Silence
15) Mercy Black
16) BlacKkKlansman
17) The Hole in the Ground
18) John Wick
19) John Wick 2
20) John Wick 3
21) Eighth Grade
22) Always Be My Maybe
23) Pyewacket
24) Searching
25) They Come Knocking
26) I Am Mother
27) Lost City of Z
28) Good Time
29) Jungle
30) The Son
31) Moonlight
32) Dark River
33) A Simple Favor
34) I Still See You
35) East Side Sushi
36) The Devil's Carnival
37) Alleluia! The Devil's Carnival
38) Gwen
39) Threads
40) Midsommar
41) Suspiria (2019)
42) Happy Death Day
43) Happy Death Day 2 U
44) House (1986)
45) Ravenous
46) The Last Exorcism
47) Eli
48) Absentia
49) Southbound
50) Afflicted
51) Knives Out

Video games:
1) Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

This is important - I will be updating the Master Tracker (which will be in the second post of the OP) every month. If you want the Master Tracker to reflect your book/movie count, please do a separate update post at the end of each month. The update post should follow this format (doesn't require quotes like the Master Tracker post):

January Update:

StoveOven - 4/50 Books | 4/50 Movies

Books:

1. The Plague (1947) - Albert Camus, tr. Stuart Gilbert
  2. Tragedy: A Very Short Introduction (2005) - Adrian Poole
  3. The Oresteia (458 BC) - Aeschylus, tr. Robert Fagles
  4. Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass, an American Slave (1845) - Fredrick Douglass
Movies:
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) - dir. James Gunn
  2. John Wick (2014) - dir. Chad Stahelski
  3. John Wick Chapter 2 (2017) - dir. Chad Stahelski
  4. Arrival (2016) - dir. Denis Villeneuve

ZxMvOhn.png

• What do you mean by 'new'? It doesn't matter what year the book/movie was released in, as long as you have NEVER seen or read it before, it counts.
  • What is the prize for finishing the challenge? You win some brownie points.
  • What is stopping me from lying? Absolutely nothing, but, why would you?
  • Ok, I'm in. Who keeps track of what I read/watch? You do! Update your initial post as you rack up the books and movies.
  • What counts as a book? Anything over 100 pages.
  • What if it is really long? If it is more than 500 pages, you may count it as two books. But only two.
  • Do Audiobooks/Textbooks count? Yes.
  • What about comics/graphic novels? Use your best judgement. Rule of thumb, a "run" would be considered one book.
  • What counts as a movie? 90+ minutes of pure enjoyment.
  • Can I count my favorite TV show? Most will say no. If you do want to count them, one season = one movie. Use your best judgement. People do keep track of the shows they watch, but I won't keep stats on it.
  • Do Documentaries count? Yes.
Remember 100 page count/90 minute are guidelines. Meaning, if you read a book that is 85 pages and you count it, nobody is to yell at you. But if you start counting a bunch of 50 page books/short movies, people will call you out on it. This is meant to be a (fun) challenge. Keyword there is challenge.

Hints and Tips (from Tragiccomedy):

• Prioritize reading early and often! Participants in last year's thread watched twice as many movies as they read books, since the time commitment and mental effort tends to be significantly less on the film front. Theoretically, you could binge watch all 50 movies in a month or two and be done with that aspect of the challenge. If you're reading a regular 300+ page book, that is unlikely to hold true on the book front.
  • Avoid "dead time." My wife gets hooked on HGTV programs because when they finish an episode they cut straight to the next one without a commercial break. That's their hook, and it's quite effective. Treat reading the same way. Finish a book knowing what you want to read next and try to start it immediately. Even reading 10-15 pages might be all it takes to get you immersed in your next book.
  • Read every night as you fall asleep, or find time to squeeze in a chapter or two during break times at work. If you can read ~30 minutes to an hour a day, you should be able to finish the challenge quite easily (and maybe even early).
  • Lists can be super helpful! Goodreads, in particular, is a great way to track what you've read and what's in your queue to read next.
  • Consider picking up a Kindle or e-reader of your choice. One very common trend you'll hear among e-reader users is they actually read more and at a faster pace than they do with physical copies of books. That has certainly been my experience.
  • Check out some classics. Some stuff may be dated, but there are a ton of gems out there ready to be discovered by a younger generation.
  • Find your niche! I'm a science fiction and fantasy guy. I can blast through a 1K page fantasy book faster than I could ever finish a 300 page love story. Feel free to expand your horizons but know what's in your current wheelhouse.

QCEajss.png

If you need stars for reviews:

★★
★★★
★★★★
★★★★★

Credit: This OP was mostly created by GK86, who ran the challenge for several years. Thank you! Additional credit goes to the past OP's, who have helped pave the way for the challenge to be more efficient for everyone around. Graphics were (shamelessly) taken from Fiftyfifty's website.

There is also a BacklogERA Discord channel open. A place to discuss your ever growing backlogs and how to tackle them. Quote to reveal link.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EverythingShiny
Oct 25, 2017
Master Tracker:

Spreadsheet link

Movie Buffs:
  • Louie 220
  • fatyoshi 164
  • Kmonk 148
  • Atraveller 137
  • Casscade 134
  • SteveWinwood 113
  • jcs 104
  • Spectromixer 84
  • Facehugger 83

Book Worms:
  • divination 109
  • Sauce Marlow 94
  • King Alamat 82
  • TestMonkey 71
  • fuzzylogic 69
  • Not Asleep 58
  • EverythingShiny 57
  • SteveWinwood 56
  • Kmonk 55
  • jcs 50

Completed 2019:
  • Test Monkey
  • jcs
  • SteveWinwood
  • Not Asleep
  • Kmonk
  • EverythingShiny

Completed 2018:
  • FRANKEINSTEIN
  • Dec
  • TestMonkey
  • Kmonk
  • Divination
  • EverythingShiny
  • Ashes
  • Fuu
  • Spectromixer
  • SamuelG
  • Yakkue
  • Not Asleep
  • 2B or not 2B

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
sleepless_swan - 0/50 Books | 39/50 Movies

January
:
1. Glass (2019) - 2/5
2. The Favourite (2019) - 4/5

February:
3. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019) - 3.5/5
4. Velvet Buzzsaw (2019) - 1.5/5
5. Happy Death Day 2U (2019) 2.5/5

March:
6. Captain Marvel (2019) - 2.5/5
7. Us (2019) - 3.5/5

April:
8. Dumbo (2019) - 2/5
9. Shazam! (2019) - 2.5/5
10. Pet Sematary (2019) - 2/5
11. My Cousin Rachel (2017) - 3/5
12. Avengers: Endgame (2019) - 3/5
13. Vox Lux (2018) - 3/5

May:
14. John Wick
(2014) - 4/5
15. John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) - 4/5
16. Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (2019) - 3/5
17. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) - 4/5
18. Hanna (2011) - 2.5/5

July:
19. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) - 3/5

September:
20. It: Chapter Two (2019)
- 2/5

October:
21. Await Further Instructions (2018) - 2/5
22. The Perfection (2018) - 3/5
23. Cam (2018) - 3/5
24. The Mist (2007) - 0.5/5
25. In the Tall Grass (2019) - 2.5/5
26. Morgan (2016) - 2/5
27. Kill List (2011) - 3/5
28. Alien³ (1992) - 2/5
29. Ma (2019) - 2.5/5
30. Ready or Not (2019) - 3.5/5
31. The Hole in the Ground (2019) - 2/5
32. Wildling (2018) - 1.5/5
33. Zombieland (2009) - 2.5/5
34. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) - 2.5/5
35. Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) - 2.5/5

November:
36. Doctor Sleep (2019) - 3/5

December:
37. Knives Out (2019) - 3.5/5
38. Gremlins (1984) - 3.5/5
39. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) - 1/5

TV Shows:
1. The Umbrella Academy (2019) - 3.5/5
2. Big Little Lies (Season 2) (2019) - 3.5/5
3. The Handmaid's Tale (Season 3) (2019) - 2.5/5
4. The End of the F***ing World (Season 2) (2019) - 3/5

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
2B or not 2B - 9/50 books | 21/50 Movies

Monthly Updates:
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | June | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec

(thoughts about movies and books in the updates (sometimes))
Goodreads
52 Games Challenge - 21/52 Games
50 Albums Challenge - 13/50 Albums
50 Books. 50 Movies 2018 - 50/50 Books | 61/50 Movies

Books:
Jan:
1. One Of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (2017) -
32941777718_4f7b339158_o.jpg

Kindle || 13/1/19 || ★★★
One Of Us is Lying is a very Breakfast Club-esque book, but nowhere near as good. It relied heavily on young adult tropes, like the nerd, the jock, etc. It did try and make the characters come away from these generalizations a bit by giving them secrets which contradicted who the were. The story was interesting, however I did guess "whodunit" in the first couple of chapters, but it was still an good read. However this book does go a bit too far when it comes to playing with tropes, such as the jock's biggest secret being
he's gay, and that apparently was supposed to be shocking
. This and how they handle the image of mental health could have been much better. They seemed to be going for shock value, which definitely feel short. While I did like the overall story I do keep coming back to it and wondering should I change my rating because of some obvious things that should not have been framed the way they were. For the moment I'll keep my rating, but there's always the possibility that I could come back and change it (more than likely for the worse).

2. The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey (2014) -
46890557582_0170a008df_o.jpg

Kindle || 31/1/19 || ★★★★
The Girl With All the Gifts is a unique take on the traditional zombie book/movie. As someone who has played (at least a bit of) The Last of Us I was surprised to see that this book used the same strain of fungus as its apocalypse starter. The book is carried by its characters as the story wasn't anything amazing, it was intriguing at the start, starting in a bunker which acted as a school for children but then being thrown out into the wild leaving all of that story building and setting behind. I was interested in something set solely in one of these sort of facilities so I was kind of disappointed when it turned into the whole "we have to avoid the zombies while trying to get back to base" kind of thing. Overall is was an enjoyable read, with Melanie being a very interesting character, mostly in how she interacted with the other characters. The ending was weird and seemed slightly rushed (I think the characters were wandering around for a bit too long) but it was a good way to end it, I just wish it was fleshed out a bit more.

Feb:
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (2012) -
47271739571_fdb9d063cd.jpg

Kindle || 26/2/19 || ★★★★★
I was recommended Cinder by a friend and had been putting it off for so long, and honestly I wish I hadn't. Taking the idea (though loosely) of Cinderella and incorporating into this book was brilliantly done. The characters were lovable (or horrific depending on which one we're talking about), they had amazing development and really made you keep on reading. The "twists" in the book were completely obvious from the offset but honestly took nothing away from, it had me thinking the entire time "what way are they going to reveal this?". The setting and different nations (mostly Earth and the Moon) was an interesting concept and I do hope they expand a bit more on this in the future. I really enjoyed this book, so much so that I went and ordered the collection of them almost as soon as I finished it!!

Mar:
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (2013) -
40470963973_1fb41ab93d.jpg

Paperback || 21/3/19 || ★★★★
The first thing I'm going to say about Scarlet is that it isn't as good as Cinder. Cinder had great characters and their development, world building, and an overall great story, Scarlet however was lacking on a few of these. I enjoyed the new characters, Scarlet was cool, but she doesn't really get much besides a couple of things about her father because they focus so much on her grand-mother, but I do hope future books will give her a bit more personal development. Wolf on the other hand had the development, but the character itself felt so forced at times, the author was going with the "Little Red Riding Hood" theme, and honestly I think they overdid it (whereas in Cinder it was a few references here and there but didn't rely on it). Although I do have to admit near the end Wolf's character became better (even if the "romance" was a bit much).
I did enjoy the world building in Scarlet, it gave the reader a look at the world outside of the Commonwealth, including a sneak-peak at Luna. Overall I did enjoy the book, but not as much as Cinder, but I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Apr:
5. Cress by Marissa Meyer (2014) -
46709058495_3199f7f3fb.jpg

Paperback || 15/4/19 || ★★★★
I'm still enjoying this series and it's world, the only thing that's bringing it down is some of the "romance" sections, specifically Wolf and Scarlet. They barely see each other and the way they act just kind of annoys me, even if the characters themselves aren't that bad. I do like Cress, she's a bit awkward, and even her romance is a bit awkward (but much better then Scarlet's). Overall the world building is still brilliant, and although the story is predictable it doesn't get boring. I'm looking forward to reading Winter and getting the conclusion to the series!!

May:
6. Winter by Marissa Meyer (2015) -
47988331171_244150b4d9.jpg

Paperback || 29/5/19 || ★★★★
Winter is the conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles, and it was a satisfying one. My main complaint about it would be the fact that I think it was played a bit safe, afraid to do anything drastic to its main characters, although it uses fairy tales as its basis, meaning the possibly of it ending with a "Happily Ever After" was quite high. I liked the character Winter, she's a naive princess in a sense, but her understanding of the power Lunars hold is what makes her character likable, and her development unique. I still have a few issues with some of the characters being annoying, but at least in Winter they're kept apart for most of the book. Overall I really liked the series, which consisted of some great characters and their development, world building and amazing storytelling. Although I'm done with the main series I'm going to continue reading the side novels for the series, and it's definitely a series I would consider reading through again!

Jun:
7. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (2014) -
48211648282_23f8d07de0.jpg

Paperback || 30/6/19 || ★★★
I continued trying to make my way through the rest of this series, including the side books, in this case a collection of short stories from the world of the Lunar Chronicles (most of which were originally included at the end of the novels). Stars Above doesn't really introduce the reader to anything new, which is what I was hoping for, something a little outside of the other books, maybe from a different country or something. It mainly focused on stories which the reader had already been told about throughout the series in less detail, and while some of these were interesting it didn't add much that the reader didn't already know. The most interesting short story was definitely "The Little Android", which is a retelling of "The Little Mermaid", and I think it was done quite well and was the highlight of the book.

Jul:
8. Fairest by Marissa Meyer (2015) -
48423859032_3eceb2df80.jpg

Paperback || 20/7/19 || ★★★★
This was the final book I had to read in The Lunar Chronicles! It didn't let down the other books, and gave a good insight into Levana and why she was the cruel dictator she was. While the book shows that Levana was never exactly kind, it did show how her family, sister and even herself turned her into the antagonist of the series. Fairest also gave the reader a look at the "love" of her life, the events that left her disfigured, and showing how she would do anything for the throne. I think this book was originally released between the second last and last book, I feel reading it after the series is better, as it would take a lot away from the finale of the series otherwise. Overall it's definitely worth the read for any fan of the series (although I still feel nothing can pass the 1st book!)

Aug:

Sept:
9. I, Robot by Isaac Asimov (1950) -
48828102918_f5a92d90e7.jpg

Paperback || 30/9/19 || ★★★★
I, Robot is a great collection of short stories to do with AI and it's evolution! While it's a collection of short stories it does a great job of connecting the all together and creating a brilliant world! There is a few "technical" words, which tripped me up a few times, but they're generally few and far between, and I could understand the story without knowing the technicalities. I would recommend I, Robot to anyone who likes Sci-fi books and movies!!

Movies:
Jan:
1. Pitch Perfect 3 (2017) -
46092449784_1db2c7da67.jpg

8/1/18 ||Dir: Trish Sie||★★½
I've watched the other two Pitch Perfect movies and they're nothing amazing but they were enjoyable with some good songs. This one however just went over the edge with their dramatic jokes. It generally went nowhere and everything seemed to be just shoved in to make another entry in the series. Overall I did enjoy it, but unlike the other ones, I wouldn't want to watch it again.

2. Finding Dory (2016) -
46764999622_dcc6e22081.jpg

8/1/18 ||Dir: Andrew Stanton||★★★½
I love animated movies, and I really liked Finding Nemo and was hoping for something just as good with Finding Dory, but I think it fell just short of what it could've been. It was still a great movie with a brilliant cast but it had a lot to live up to and I don't think it did.

3. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) -
46764999522_c5a823c230.jpg

12/1/18 ||Dir: Jake Kasdan||★★★½
This is the sequel no one asked for, something that would never do the classic justice. However this was a strategic move by the filmmakers, use the name and premise, but don't reference the older movie in anyway and you could take it as having nothing to do with the original. This was the correct way to do the movie, it turned out to be funny and enjoyable, not as good as the original, but gave itself a leg to stand on in the end. It was a good adjustment to the original Jumanji premise and was unique in what it did with that idea.

4. Glass (2019) -
46764999842_2a29dfeec5.jpg

19/1/18 ||Dir: M. Night Shyamalan||★★
I'll start off by saying I didn't particularly like Unbreakable, and Split was great until the end. So I never had high hopes going in to see Glass. But it was honestly worse than I could've imagined. Glass was a movie that never needed to happen. Without going into spoilers, the film brought nothing to the series as a whole and had some of the most ridiculous scenes and dialogue. The only redeeming factor was James McAvoy's acting, which was severely let down by the script-writing and directing. Overall it wasn't good and was unnecessary.

Feb:
5. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019) -
47122127181_0a9c2b95cf.jpg

2/2/18 ||Dir: Dean DeBlois||★★★★½
The How to Train Your Dragon movies are some of my favourites, so with the new movie I was just hoping that it wouldn't crash and burn, but luckily it did the opposite. The animation, as usual, was top notch, and it was a great conclusion to the series and I would recommend it to anyone who has watched the other ones!

6. Happy Death Day 2U (2019) -
33246692508_4ea2a88f44.jpg

16/2/18 ||Dir: Christopher Landon||★★★
The first movie was something a bit funny, nothing amazing, but enjoyable to watch. The second one is really no different, although they tried to double down on the comedy and roll back the horror. Overall it was another enjoyable movie, a few plot holes here and there (like with every time travel/time loop/alternate reality movies). It also used the twist which I felt should've been used in the first one so that's a bonus!!

Mar:
7. Captain Marvel (2019) -
33560736868_94407e7cfb.jpg

9/3/18 ||Dir: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck||★★★★
Captain Marvels fits in well with the rest of the MCU movies, even if it leans more towards Thor: Ragnarok than Captain America in terms of its comedy. The best thing about this movie is its amazing 1990's soundtrack featuring brilliant female artists!! Some of CGI slightly dodgy (like most Marvel movies) but is made up for in its comedy and acting (although there were points were Brie Larson's performance seemed a little awkward). Samuel Jackson was great in his role (I hope we get a Nick Fury movie!) and of course the cat was great! The themes of feminism could definitely be seen throughout the movie and that's one of the things that made the movie great, they didn't shy away from these ideas (even after people bi***ing online about it). There was so many references to things that happen to women everyday, and this movie, love it or hate it, took every single one of them, and told the people that said/do these things to go f**k themselves. Overall the story was quite predictable, but even if you knew the ending, going through the movie was still as enjoyable!

8. Us (2019) -
40551532373_2b3552524c.jpg

25/3/18 ||Dir: Jordan Peele||★★★★
Us is a difficult movie to rate. It's both so amazing and riddled with annoying things at the same time. The actors were brilliant, and all seem to be cast perfectly, something that can make a film. They weren't just good at playing themselves, but also their doppelgänger, they seemed like difficult roles to play and I think they nailed them. The music really helped to bring the movie together, it had a sense of being both eerie and hilarious at times, perfect for a horror-comedy. The story is interesting, something to keep you on the edge of your seat, but also something that's completely obvious of you're paying any sort of attention to the movie. There was however a few small things in the film which felt like they were a bit plotholey, if you thought about them hard enough there was explanations for them you could interpret, but overall I do think that they either needed to elaborate on a few things, or they should have dealt back some of the later explanations. But I did like the overall story and it felt very NieR like. In conclusion it was a good movie and would recommend for people to watch it at least once.

Apr:
9. Dumbo (2019) -
32681995997_874119c66b.jpg

6/4/18 ||Dir: Tim Burton||★★½
This film just felt meh. Dumbo was cute, and Eva Green was probably the best actor in the movie (along side the small amount of screen time Danny DeVito got), but other than that it didn't really have many other redeeming qualities. It was enjoyable enough to watch and I may come back and watch it again when I eventually watch the original Dumbo.

10. Shazam (2019) -
32681995937_1cf00ecd8b.jpg

6/4/18 ||Dir: David F. Sandberg||★★★★
I wasn't expecting much from this as it's a DC movie and they haven't been doing well lately, but this was surprising good and funny. It was slightly too long, but the actors and script writing probably saved it from being boring in that extra time. Overall it was an enjoyable origin story!

11. Pet Sematary (2019) -
33747354378_6f0f27673d.jpg

6/4/18 ||Dir: Kevin Kölsch, Dennis Widmyer||★★½
Pet Sematary starts off well, a few interesting things that you expect to be expanded on and explained throughout the movie, but nothing gets explained, and there were too many plot holes and inconsistencies as the film neared the end. This was extremely disappointing as the set up was good and the actors were well cast, especially the little girl. It just seemed like the start the middle and the end were decided and everything else was just filled in to get to them points. Overall it could be considered enjoyable to watch only once.

12. Avengers: Endgame (2019) -
40804539893_b5e6259520.jpg

27/4/18 ||Dir: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo||★★★★½
Without spoiling the movie my overall thoughts were that it started off a bit slow, picked up coming into about a quarter or a third into the movie, with the final fight scene being one of the best in the MCU!

May:
13. Detective Pikachu (2019) -
47988612718_3d2647bf0c.jpg

11/5/18 ||Dir: Rob Letterman||★★★½
After seeing the trailers for the movie I felt like I was in for a hilarious ride, but while watching the movie and seeing that most of the best bits were in the trailer was a let down. However, Detective Pikachu wasn't a bad movie, but wasn't anything spectacular either, it fell flat in some areas, such as story telling and rushing of the ending, but was amazing in other aspects, such as Ryan Reynolds fluffy performance. Overall it's quite an enjoyable movie, with a good few funny moments and brilliant use of the Pokemon theme song, and also some brilliant use of other Pokemon and their abilities! If the story had been a bit better constructed and paced it could've been one of the better movies released this year!!

14. John Wick (2014) -
47988614262_6023aec1fa.jpg

15/5/18 ||Dir: Chad Stahelski||★★★★

15. John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) -
47988664766_8f4cc73c5f.jpg

16/5/18 ||Dir: Chad Stahelski||★★★★

16. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) -
47988699893_8cd8bc77b9.jpg

18/5/18 ||Dir: Chad Stahelski||★★★★
Because I watched all three John Wick movies at once I'm just going to compile my thoughts. The John Wick movies are fun and action packed, with a story that might have you wondering about somethings which seem out of place, such as how there are so many assassins hidden in plain sight and no one knows about them, or how a slow Keanu Reeves can avoid so many bullets (although this was fixed later with his bulletproof suit). The acting and action sequences are great, if not a bit goofy at times, with Keanu Reeves playing the perfect 'I can kick anyone's ass' character. Reeves isn't the only person in the movie to take the spotlight, as many of the supporting characters make the movies into something that bit better. I've given all the movies the same score, and is a bit difficult to decide which one could be considered better, but if I had to choose one it would be Parabellum for the badass Halle Berry and her dogs, and the hilarious Mark Dacascos.

Jun:

Jul:
17. Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019) -
48423650571_ca0903a409.jpg

3/7/18 ||Dir: Jon Watts||★★★★½
The first thing I'll say about Spider-Man is that the casting for this movie was brilliant, with Jake Gyllenhaal being a great choice for Mysterio, and all the cast seemed to have great chemistry! However, with this being the first movie to follow on from Endgame I feel it had both a lot to live up to and a lot to address. I feel they did that and more, the story, which was apparently predicable, but because I knew little about Mysterio, was amazing! The comedy is always done well in Marvel movies, same with the music, and the after-credit scenes were great! I can't wait for the next movie now!

18. Spirited Away (2001) -
48423795347_3a91ff527a.jpg

20/7/18 ||Dir: Hayao Miyazaki, Kirk Wise||★★★★½
Spirited Away is a very strange movie. From the start I was kinda confused, but I suppose so was the protagonist. Sometimes it just felt like things were just happening, but not in such a way that ruined the flow of the movie, but more in the sense of "is there a point to this?". As the movie continued more characters where introduced (with the hamster/mouse and fly being the best) with all of them working so well together. The art style and music is brilliant, setting it apart from other films in the same genre. The movie was a weird and strange, but it all came together, it worked amazingly. I currently have given the movie maybe a lower score than it deserves because I feel like I need to watch it a second time to fully form my opinions (so I'm not as confused)!

Aug:
19. Three Identical Strangers (2018) -
48439990492_699f1ac44e.jpg

1/8/18 ||Dir: Tim Wardle||★★★½
I was hearing good things about this documentary, and also how you shouldn't look up anything to do with it before you watch it. While what happens to the triplets is something you probably could have worked out, it was quite interesting not knowing everything about their story going into it. So without giving too much away, it's an interesting film I would recommend, but like many documentaries it leaves you wanting to know more about what's actually happening!

20. The Fifth Element (1997) -
48439990462_32faf44b59.jpg

2/8/18 ||Dir: Luc Besson||★★★★
The Fifth Element has to be one of the strangest movies I've ever watched. I didn't know what was happening and I was enjoying the movie at the same time. One thing that I appreciated is that the film and it's actors embrace it's weirdness, without this I feel it would have been awkward. Overall it's a movie I would recommend people watch at least once, as it's probably a you love it or you hate it kind of film!

Sept:
21. It Chapter 2 (2019) -
48828482336_42c68a5295.jpg

16/9/18 ||Dir: Andy Muschietti||★★½
I enjoyed the first It so I was looking forward to this movie hoping it would be as good, but in the end it was a let down. The story and a lot of the story moments were just laughable, it never once seemed scary, and was like one huge comedy. Some of the character development was terrible, specifically for Beverly Marsh, who honestly seemed like the damsel in distress constantly, I was hoping for something a bit better. While the movie itself wasn't very good, the most of the acting was brilliant! Overall it was quite funny, but definitely wasn't as good as it should have been.

= Bad, ★★ = Meh, ★★★ = Good, ★★★★ = Great, ★★★★★ = Excellent

Last edited:

Amroth

Oct 27, 2017
Amroth - 50/50 books | 81/50 movies

Books:

1. Becky Chambers - Record of a Spaceborn Few (2018)
  2. Brandon Sanderson - Snapshot (2017)
  3. Brandon Sanderson - Legion: Lies of the Beholder (2018)
  4. Bård Borch Michalsen - Komma: Kommategnets personlighet, historie og regler (2014)
  5. David Perlmutter - Sunn tarm - klart hode (Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain - for Life) (2015)
  6. Dennis Zacher Aske - Kvinnen i Isdalen (2018)
  7. Dorothy L. Sayers - Whose Body? (1923)
  8. Elizabeth Moon - Sheepfarmer's Daughter (1988)
  9. Elizabeth Moon - Divided Allegiance (1988)
  10. Elizabeth Moon - Oath of Gold (1989)
  11. Erlend Loe - Helvete (2019)
  12. Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Dobbeltgjengeren (The Double) (1846)
  13. Ingvar Ambjørnsen - Farvel til romanen: 24 timer i grenseland (2014)
  14. Ivar Berg - Språket som vart norsk: Språkhistorie frå urnordisk til 1800-talet (2019)
  15. Jim Butcher - Brief Cases (2018)
  16. John J. Ratey - Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain (2008)
  17. Jon Fosse (translator) - Soga om Torstein Vikingsson (The Saga of Thorstein, Viking's Son) (early 1300s)
  18. J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien (ed.) - The Fall of Gondolin (2018)
  19. Jørn Lier Horst - Det innerste rommet (The Cabin) (2018)
  20. Jørn Lier Horst - Illvilje (2019)
  21. Kaja Nordengen - Hjernen er stjernen (Your Superstar Brain) (2016)
  22. Lois McMaster Bujold - Mirror Dance (1994)
  23. Lois McMaster Bujold - Cetaganda (1995)
  24. Lois McMaster Bujold - Memory (1996)
  25. Lois McMaster Bujold - Komarr (1998)
  26. Lois McMaster Bujold - A Civil Campaign (1999)
  27. Lois McMaster Bujold - Diplomatic Immunity (2002)
  28. Lois McMaster Bujold - Cryoburn (2010)
  29. Lois McMaster Bujold - Captain Vorpatril's Alliance (2012)
  30. Lois McMaster Bujold - Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen (2016)
  31. Lois McMaster Bujold - The Curse of Chalion (2000)
  32. Lois McMaster Bujold - Paladin of Souls (2003)
  33. Lois McMaster Bujold - The Hallowed Hunt (2005)
  34. L. Sprague de Camp - Lest Darkness Fall (1941)
  35. Neil Gaiman - The Absolute Sandman, Volume One (2006)
  36. Neil Gaiman - The Absolute Sandman, Volume Two (2007)
  37. Neil Gaiman - The Absolute Sandman, Volume Three (2008)
  38. Neil Gaiman - Norse Mythology (2017)
  39. Nicholas Meyer - The Seven-Percent Solution (1974)
  40. Ola I. Breivega et al. - Klarspråk i praksis (2010)
  41. Per Egil Hegge - Perler for svin og 555 andre norske idiomer (2015)
  42. Philip Pullman - Once Upon a Time in the North (2008)
  43. Sigrid Undset - Kransen (The Wreath) (1920)
  44. Sophie Hannah - Closed Casket (2016)
  45. Sophie Hannah - The Mystery of the Three Quarters (2018)
  46. Stanley G. Payne - A History of Fascism, 1914-1945 (1995)
  47. Sylo Taraku - Frihetskampen i islam (2019)
  48. Tanya Huff - Valor's Choice (2000)
  49. Tone Selboe - Leselyst: Om bøker, liv og litteratur (2018)
  50. Øystein Morten - Jakten på Olav Tryggvason (2019)

Not counted:
  • André du Bouchet - I den tomme varmen (Dans la chaleur vacante) (1961)
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Blood (2012)
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman, Volume 2: Guts (2013)
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman, Volume 3: Iron (2013)
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman, Volume 4: War (2014)
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman, Volume 5: Flesh (2014)
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman, Volume 6: Bones (2015)
  • Brian K. Vaughan - Saga, Volume 1 (2012)
  • Brian K. Vaughan - Saga, Volume 2 (2013)
  • Gail Simone - Wonder Woman/Conan (2018)
  • Georg Büchner - Lenz (1835)
  • Grant Morrison - Wonder Woman: Earth One, Vol. 2 (2018)
  • Jim Butcher - Christmas Eve (2018)
  • Kaia Dahle Nyhus - Du sier, jeg sier (2019)
  • Magdalene Visaggio - Eternity Girl (2018)
  • Marjorie Liu - Monstress, Volume One: Awakening (2016)
  • Marjorie Liu - Monstress, Volume Two: The Blood (2017)
  • Michał Gałek - The Witcher: Reasons of State (2011)
  • Michał Gałek - The Witcher: Matters of Conscience (2015)
  • Neil Druckmann - The Last of Us: American Dreams (2013)
  • Paul Tobin - The Witcher, Volume 1: House of Glass (2014)
  • Paul Tobin - The Witcher, Volume 2: Fox Children (2015)
  • Paul Tobin - The Witcher, Volume 3: Curse of Crows (2017)
  • Paul Tobin - The Witcher: Killing Monsters (2015)
  • Philip Pullman - Lyra's Oxford (2003)
  • Roald Dahl - Danny, the Champion of the World (1975)
  • Robert Jordan - New Spring: The Graphic Novel (2011)
  • Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume One (2011)
  • Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Two (2012)
  • Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Three (2013)
  • Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Four (2013)
  • Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Five (2014)
  • Robert Jordan - The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Six (2015)
  • Terry Pratchett - The Discworld Graphic Novels: The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic (2008)
  • Yukito Kishiro - Battle Angel Alita, Volume 1: Rusty Angel (1990)
  • Yukito Kishiro - Battle Angel Alita, Volume 2: Tears of an Angel (1992)
  • Yukito Kishiro - Battle Angel Alita, Volume 3: Killing Angel (1992)
  • Yukito Kishiro - Battle Angel Alita, Volume 4: Angel of Victory (1993)
Movies:
  1. Airplane! - Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker (1980)
  2. Alita: Battle Angel - Robert Rodriguez (2019)
  3. Amundsen - Espen Sandberg (2019)
  4. Aquaman - James Wan (2018)
  5. A Star Is Born - Bradley Cooper (2018)
  6. Avengers: Endgame - Anthony Russo and Joe Russo (2019)
  7. Barbarella - Roger Vadim (1968)
  8. Beavis and Butt-Head Do America - Mike Judge (1996)
  9. Bird Box - Susanne Bier (2018)
  10. Bohemian Rhapsody - Bryan Singer (2018)
  11. Bumblebee - Travis Knight (2018)
  12. Captain Marvel - Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck (2019)
  13. Close - Vicky Jewson (2019)
  14. Dark Phoenix - Simon Kinberg (2019)
  15. Doom: Annihilation - Tony Giglio (2019)
  16. DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp - Bob Hathcock (1990)
  17. Elf - Jon Favreau (2003)
  18. Ernest et Célestine (Ernest and Celestine) - Stéphane Aubier, Vincent Patar and Benjamin Renner (2012)
  19. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - David Yates (2018)
  20. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - John Hughes (1986)
  21. Godzilla: King of the Monsters - Michael Dougherty (2019)
  22. Green Book - Peter Farrelly (2018)
  23. Hidden Figures - Theodore Melfi (2016)
  24. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation - Genndy Tartakovsky (2018)
  25. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - Dean DeBlois (2019)
  26. Into the Wild - Sean Penn (2007)
  27. Isle of Dogs - Wes Anderson (2018)
  28. Ivan Vasilevich menyaet professiyu (Ivan Vasilievich: Back to the Future) - Leonid Gaidai (1973)
  29. Johnny English Strikes Again - David Kerr (2018)
  30. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - Chad Stahelski (2019)
  31. Klaus - Sergio Pablos and Carlos Martínez López (2019)
  32. Kraftidioten (In Order of Disappearance) - Hans Petter Moland (2014)
  33. Mary Poppins Returns - Rob Marshall (2018)
  34. Maze Runner: The Death Cure - Wes Ball (2018)
  35. Moneyball - Bennett Miller (2011)
  36. Mortal Engines - Christian Rivers (2018)
  37. Murder on the Orient Express - Kenneth Branagh (2017)
  38. No Country for Old Men - Ethan Coen and Joel Coen (2007)
  39. Ocean's Eight - Gary Ross (2018)
  40. Passengers - Morten Tyldum (2016)
  41. Pather Panchali - Satyajit Ray (1955)
  42. Planet of the Apes - Franklin J. Schaffner (1968)
  43. Pokémon Detective Pikachu - Rob Letterman (2019)
  44. Polar - Jonas Åkerlund (2019)
  45. Prisoners - Denis Villeneuve (2013)
  46. Ralph Breaks the Internet - Phil Johnston and Rich Moore (2018)
  47. Shazam! - David F. Sandberg (2019)
  48. Skjelvet (The Quake) - John Andreas Andersen (2018)
  49. Smallfoot - Karey Kirkpatrick and Jason Reisig (2018)
  50. Spartacus - Stanley Kubrick (1960)
  51. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman (2018)
  52. Spider-Man: Far from Home - Jon Watts (2019)
  53. Steamboat Bill, Jr. - Charles Reisner and Buster Keaton (1928)
  54. Sunshine - Danny Boyle (2007)
  55. Ted - Seth MacFarlane (2012)
  56. The Blues Brothers - John Landis (1980)
  57. The Boss Baby - Tom McGrath (2017)
  58. The Breadwinner - Nora Twomey (2017)
  59. The Emoji Movie - Tony Leondis (2017)
  60. The Equalizer 2 - Antoine Fuqua (2018)
  61. The Exorcist - William Friedkin (1973)
  62. The Firm - Sydney Pollack (1993)
  63. The Game Changers - Louie Psihoyos (2018)
  64. The Girl in the Spider's Web - Fede Alvarez (2018)
  65. The Hangover Part II - Todd Phillips (2011)
  66. The Hangover Part III - Todd Phillips (2013)
  67. The Highwaymen - John Lee Hancock (2019)
  68. The Incredibles 2 - Brad Bird (2018)
  69. The King - David Michôd (2019)
  70. The Knight Before Christmas - Monika Mitchell (2019)
  71. The Limehouse Golem - Juan Carlos Medina (2016)
  72. The Lost World - Harry O. Hoyt (1925)
  73. The Muppet Christmas Carol - Brian Henson (1992)
  74. The Social Network - David Fincher (2010)
  75. The Sound of Music - Robert Wise (1965)
  76. The Third Man - Carol Reed (1949)
  77. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre - John Huston (1948)
  78. The Upside - Neil Burger (2017)
  79. Tuntematon sotilas (The Unknown Soldier) - Aku Louhimies (2017)
  80. Venom - Ruben Fleischer (2018)
  81. Walk the Line - James Mangold (2005)
Not counted:
  • A Christmas Carol - Clive Donner (1984)
  • Angela's Christmas - Damien O'Connor (2017)
  • Goodnight Mr. Foot - Genndy Tartakovsky (2012)
  • Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us - Jason Bertrand et al. (2013)
  • Home Alone - Chris Columbus (1990)
  • Jimmy Carr: The Best of Ultimate Gold Greatest Hits - Brian Klein (2019)
  • Puppy - Genndy Tartakovsky (2017)

Last edited:

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't decided yet if I'm going to participate this year. Regardless I'll wish you all the best of luck and greatest of experiences.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Yeah, I'll go for it again.

FRANKEINSTEIN - 0/50 Books | 1/50

Movies
Jan.
1. Bumblebee ★★★★

Last edited:

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
I'll play.

ethanradd - 0/50 books | 6/50 movies

Movies

January Update
1. It's a Wonderful Life (1946) ★★★★
2. Aquaman (2018) ★★★
3. Glass (2019) ★★★

March Update
4. Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse (2018) ★★★★★

April Update
5. Papillon (2017) ★★
6. Avengers Endgame (2019) ★★★★

Last edited:

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
One of my goals this year is to read more, so this could be fun to try.

Korhadt - 0/50 books | 0/50 movies

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Will do this !

February updated!

Nin - 0/50 books | 22/50 movies

Solo: A star wars story
Expected it to be bad, turned out to be pretty entertaining. Kinda sad it bombed.

Edge of seventeen
Really liked this take on a teen movie.
Especially with the family take and her brother, several funny scenes and good drama.

Sorry to bother you
This has to be this generations 'idiocray' there are so many layers to this film it's insane. Even if you don't get it all in one viewing, there are some great jokes in it. I really enjoyed this one.

Oceans eight
I had a lot of fun watching this, did not expect much but was surprised that it was as much fun as the other movies. I mean what mroe do you wish for in an oceans movie?

Spiderman: Into the spiderverse
This has to be BY FAR the best spiderman adaptation to date. From the incredible animation to the excellent soundtrack that gets you pumped up from the first second to the really well done story. They finally got everything right. This movie was beyond amazing.

The favourite
I am usually not a fan of 18th century royal flicks, yet this one turned out to be unlike any other film in that genre. Strong performances from all three lead woman. Amazing visuals and several scenes that just take your breath away. Highly recommended and hopefully Olivia Coleman will take the Oscar home.

Eight grade
Another teen movie, but a whole different than your usual teen flick, even different than then already "unusual" Edge of seventeen, which i saw last week. This one just feels real and i was shocked how out of touch i could feel as an more adult person. The movie itself was really really really good, it felt real, raw and blunt. I loved it.

Kedi
Not many might now about this small movie, but this is an exeptional documentary about the stray cats living in Istanbul.
Go in Blind and you will be amazed.
This is might take the spot in my personal top 20 documentaries of all time.

Aquaman
Expected to be dum entertainment and was not let down. This movie felt stripped away from all the DCEU shinenigans that past movies had to drag along. It was pure fun. What more do you want from a movie ?
Ton of fun!

Fyre: The greatest party that never happened
I still remember that thread on the old place where that picture of the bread was shared. Boy did that seem like a total clusterduck. I enjoyed the documentary for showing us how doomed that whole thing was from the beginning.

RBG
Bohemian rhapsody
A star is born
Solo
Climax
Your name
What we do in the shadows
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Jumanji
Shoplifters
At eternity's gate
Ralph breaks the internet

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Spectromixer - 28/50 Books | 84/50 Movies

| Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec |

Books:
  1. Elevation by Stephen King
  2. The God's Eye View by Barry Eisler
  3. Fragile Empire: How Russia Fell in and Out of Love with Vladimir Putin by Ben Judah
  4. Fantastic Beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald: The Adapted Screenplay by JK Rowling
  5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
  6. Star Wars: Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston
  7. Rebel Rising by Beth Revis
  8. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
  9. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō
  10. Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents by Pete Souza
  11. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondō
  12. The Truths We Hold: An American Journey by Kamala Harris
  13. The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm by Christopher Paolini
  14. The Speech: On Corporate Greed and the Decline of our Middle Class by Bernie Sanders
  15. Becoming by Michelle Obama
  16. The Rogue Prince, or, a King's Brother and The Princess and the Queen, or The Blacks and the Greens by George R.R. Martin
  17. Star Wars: Queen's Shadow by E.K. Johnston
  18. Star Wars Dooku: Jedi Lost by Cavan Scott
  19. The Mueller Report by The Washington Post, Robert S. Mueller III
  20. Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett
  21. What Happened by Hilary Clinton
  22. The Golden Compass: His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
  23. Fevre Dream by George RR Martin
  24. The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman
  25. The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, Elio M. García Jr., Linda Antonsson
  26. Thor, Volume 1: The Goddess of Thunder by Jason Aaron
  27. The Walking Dead, Vol. 31: The Rotten Core by Robert Kirkman
  28. The Walking Dead, Vol 32: Rest in Peace by Robert Kirkman
Movies:
  1. Bumblee (2018) dir. Travis Knight
  2. Hell House LLC II: The Abaddon Hotel (2018) dir. Stephen Cognetti
  3. Bird Box (2018) dir. Susanne Bier
  4. Fyre Fraud (2019) dir. Jenner Furst, Julia Willoughby Nason
  5. FYRE: The Greatest Party that Never Happened (2019) dir. Chris Smith
  6. Sphere (1998) dir. Barry Levinson
  7. The Predator (2018) dir. Shane Black
  8. Mandy (2018) dir. Panos Cosmatos
  9. Stan & Ollie (2018) dir. John S. Bairdrt
  10. Phantasm: Ravager (2016) dir. David Hartman
  11. The Disaster Artist (2017) dir. James Franco
  12. Chaos on the Bridge (2015) dir. William Shatner
  13. Outlaw King (2018) dir. David McKenzie
  14. Glass (2019) dir. M. Knight Shamalayn
  15. Suspiria (2018) dir. Luca Guadagnino
  16. Alita: Battle Angel (2019) dir. Robert Rodriguez
  17. Creepshow 2 (1987) dir. Michael Gornick
  18. Best of Enemies: Buckley vs. Vidal (2015) dir. Robert Gordon, Morgan Neville
  19. Roma (2018) dir. Alfonso Cuarón
  20. Green Book (2018) dir. Peter Farrelly
  21. The Favourite (2018) dir. Yorgos Lanthimos
  22. RBG (2018) dir. Betsy West, Julie Cohen
  23. Critters 2 (1988) dir. Mick Garris
  24. Xtro (1982) dir. Harry Bromley Davenport
  25. Pet Semetary II (1992) dir. Mary Lambert
  26. Graveyard Shift (1990) dir. Ralph S. Singleton
  27. Silver Bullet (1985) dir. Daniel Attias
  28. Cujo (1983) dir. Lewis Teague
  29. Captain Marvel (2019) dir. Ryan Fleck, Anna Boden
  30. The Man with the Magic Box (2017) dir. Bodo Kox
  31. Queen of Blood (1966) dir. Curtis Harrington
  32. Doomsday (2008) dir. Neil Marshall
  33. They Live (1988) dir. John Carpenter
  34. Diabel (The Devil) (1972) dir. Andrezej Żuławski
  35. Leprechaun 2 (1994) dir. Rodman Flender
  36. Leprechaun 3 (1995) dir. Brian Trenchard-Smith
  37. Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood (2003) dir. Steven Ayromlooi
  38. Shazam! (2019) dir. David F. Sand berg
  39. Dumbo (2019) dir. Tim Burton
  40. The LEGO Movie 3: The Second Part (2019) dir. Mike Mitchell
  41. Us (2019) dir. Jordan Peele
  42. The Conqueror (1956) dir. Dick Powell
  43. Avengers: Endgame (2019) dir. Joe Russo, Anthony Russo
  44. The Conjuring (2013) dir, James Wan
  45. Half Baked (1993) dir. Tamra Davis
  46. Extremely Wicked, Shocking Evil, and Vile (2019) dir. Joe Berlinger
  47. Pokémon Detective Pikachu (2019) dir. Rob Letterman
  48. The Haunting (1963) dir. Robert Wise
  49. Moontrap (1989) dir. Robert Dyke
  50. Game of Thrones: The Last Watch (2019) dir. Jeanie Finlay
  51. John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) dir. Chad Stahelski
  52. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) dir. Michael Dougherty
  53. Vertigo (1958) dir. Alfred Hitchcock
  54. Hitchcock (2012) dir. Sacha Gervasi
  55. Aladdin (2019) dir. Guy Ritchie
  56. Dark Phoenix (2019) dir. Simon Kinberg
  57. The Secret Life of Pets 2 (2019) dir. Chris Renaud
  58. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) dir. Jon Watts
  59. Hot Fuzz (2007) dir. Edgar Wright
  60. Blade (1998) dir. Stephen Norrington
  61. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) dir. Quentin Tarantino
  62. Blade II (2002) dir. Guillermo del Toro
  63. Raising Kratos (2019) dir. Brandon Akiaten
  64. The Lion King (2019) dir. Jon Favreau
  65. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs Shaw (2019) dir. David Leitch
  66. Blade Trinity (2004) dir. David S. Goyer
  67. Toy Story 4 (2019) dir. Josh Cooley
  68. Batman: Hush (2019) dir. Justin Copeland
  69. Can You Ever Forgive Me? (2019) dir. Marielle Heller
  70. It Chapter Two (2019) dir. Guillermo del Toro
  71. Ad AstraI (2019) dir. James Gray
  72. Angel Has Fallen (2019) dir. Ric Roman Waugh
  73. Brightburn (2019) dir. David Yarovesky
  74. The Curse of La Llorana (2019) dir. Michael Chaves
  75. Joker (2019) dir. Tod Phillips
  76. Midsommar (2019) dir. Ari Aster
  77. El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019) dir. Vince Gilligan
  78. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) dir. Joachim Rønning
  79. Abominable (2019) dir. Jill Culton
  80. Men in Black: International (2019) dir. F. Gary Gray
  81. Doctor Sleep (2019) dir. Mike Flanagan
  82. Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) dir. Tim Miller
  83. Lady and The Tramp (2019) dir. Charlie Bean
  84. Knives Out (2019) dir. Rian Johnson
  85. Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) dir. Jake Kasdan
  86. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) dir. JJ Abrams

Goodreads
Letterboxd

Old challenges

🎉2018 - 50/50 Books | 147/50 Movies 🎉
2017 - 43/50 Books | 69/50 Movies
2016 - 19/50 Books | 57/50 Movies
2015 - 05/50 Books | 18/50 Movies
2014 - 08/50 Books | 14/50 Movies

Last edited:

louie

Oct 29, 2017
I'll give it another try.

Louie - 50/50 Books | 303/50 Films

Books
January
1. A Short History of the World. Revised Edition | H.G.Wells
2. The Old Man and the Sea | Ernest Hemingway
3. Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol.3: The Flute of the Fallen Tiger | Kazuo Koike
4. Sandman, Vol.5: A Game of You | Neil Gaiman
5. Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol.4: The Bell Warden| Kazuo Koike
6. Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises | Ernest Hemingway
7. The Catcher in the Rye | J.D Salinger
8. Sandman, Vol.6: Fables & Reflections| Neil Gaiman

February
9. Milkman | Anna Burns
10. An Unquiet Mind | Kay Redfield Jamison
11. Bossypants | Tina Fey

March
12. Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol.5| Kazuo Koike

April
13. Angela's Ashes | Frank McCourt
14. The Code of the Extraordinary Mind | Vishen Lakhiani
15. Fahrenheit 451 | Ray Bradbury

May
16. A Protrait of An Artist As a Young Man | James Joyce
17. Birds of Ireland | Glynn Anderson

June
18 - 20. Lone Wolf And Cub Vol 6 - 8 | Kazuo Koike
21. Sandman Vol 7 | Neil Gaiman
22. The Metamorphosis | Franz Kafka
23. Persepolis | Marjane Satrapi

July - September
24. Sandman Vol 8 | Neil Gaiman
25. In Search of Lost Time | Marcel Proust
26. Lone Wolf and Cub Vol 9 | Kazuo Koike
27. Letter To His Father | Franz Kafka
28. The Trial | Franz Kafka
29-30. A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones
31. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
32. Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
33. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
34-35. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

October
36-37. Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix
38-39. Harry Potter and the half blood prince
40-41. Harry Potter and the deathly hallows.
42. The Tales of needle the bard

November
43-44: The Name of the Wind | Patrick Rothfuss
45: The Graveyard Book | Neil Gaiman
46: Minority Report | Philip K. Dick

December
47. The Slow Regard of Silent Things | Patrick Rothfuss
48. Eric | Terry Pratchett
49. Sandman Vol.9 | Neil Gaiman
50. Sandman Vol.10 | Neil gaiman

Films
January
1. The Devil Wears Prada | 2006 | dir. David Frankel
2. Orphan | 2009 | dir. Jaume Collet - Serra
3. Aquaman | 2018 | dir. James Wan
4. Caddyshack | 1980 | dir. Harold Ramis
5. Solo: A Star Wars Story | 2018 | dir. Ron Howard
6. The Tenant | 1976 | dir. Roman Polanski
7. Team Foxcatcher | 2016 | dir. Jon Greenhalgh
8. Colette | 2019 | dir. Wash Westmoreland
9. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind | 1984 | dir. Hayao Miyazaki
10. Free Solo | 2018 | dir. Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi / Jimmy Chin
11. It Comes At Night | 2017 | dir. Trey Edward Shults
12. Perfect Blue | 1997 | dir. Satoshi Kon
13. The Old Man and the Sea | 1999 | dir. Aleksandr Petrov
14. His Girl Friday | 1940 | dir. Howard Hawks
15. Used Cars | 1980 | dir. Robert Zemeckis
16. The Favourite | 2019 | dir. Yorgos Lanthimos
17. Castle in the Sky | 1986 | dir. Hayao Miyazaki
18. Seeking a Friend For the End of the World | 2012 | dir.
19. Balto | 1995 | dir. Simon Wells
20. Madeline | 1998 | dir. Daisy von Scherler Mayer
21. Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro | 1979 | dir. Hayao Miyazaki
22. Return of the Living Dead | 1985 | dir. Dan O'Bannon
23. The Party | 2017 | dir. Sally Potter
24. Senna | 2010 | dir. Asif Kapadia
25. Downfall | 2004 dir. Oliver Hirschbiegel
26. The White Helmets | 2016 | dir. Orlando von Einsiedel
27. Fiddler on the Roof | 1971 | dir. Norman Jewison
28. Identity Thief | 2013 | dir. Seth Gordon
29. Fyre | 2019 | dir. Chris Smith
30. Stan & Ollie | 2019 | dir. Jon S. Baird
31. The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane | 1976 | dir. Nicolas Gessner
32. Howard the Duck | 1986 | dir. Willard Huyck
33. Mission: Impossible 2 | 2000 | dir. John Woo
34. The Secret Life of Pets | 2016 | dir. Chris Renaud
35. County Hospital | 1932 | dir. James Parrott
36. ParaNorman | 2012 | dirs. Chris Butler, Sam Fell
37. Pumping Iron | 1977 | dir. George Butler
38. Rambo 3 | 1988 | dir. Peter MacDonald
39. Bohemian Rhapsody | 2018 | dir. Bryan Singer
40. Minding the Gap | 2018 | dir. Bing Liu
41. If Beale Street Could Talk | 2019 | dir. Barry Jenkins
42. Monster House | 2006 | dir. Gil Kenan
43. Coco | 2017 | dir. Lee Unkrich
44. Vice | 2019 | dir. Adam McKay
45. Green Book | 2019 | dir. Peter Farrelly
46. Precious | 2009 | dir. Lee Daniels
47. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey | 2012 | dir. Peter Jackson
48. Can You Ever Forgive Me | 2019 | dir. Marielle Heller
49. RBG | 2018 | dir. Betsy West
50. First Blood | 1982 | dir. Ted Kotcheff
51. Rambo: First Blood Part 2 | 1985 | dir. George P. Cosmatos
52. 13th | 2016 | dir. Ava DuVernay
53. Takers | 2010 | dir. John Luessenhop
54. Rambo | 2008 | dir. Sylvester Stallone

Feburary
55. Rush | 2013 | dir. Ron Howard
56. Burning | 2019 | Lee Chang-dong
57. Rififi | 1957 | Jules Dassin
58. Mirai | 2018 | Mamoru Hosoda
59. The Wife | 2018 | Björn Runge
60. At Eternity's Gate | 2019 | Julian Schnabel
61. Dragon Ball Super: Broly | 2019 | Tatsuya Nagamine
62. Abducted In Plain Sight | 2017 | Skye Borgman
63. The Treasure Of Sierra Madre | 1948 | John Huston
64. A Private War | 2019 | Matthew Heineman
65. I Am Not A Witch | 2018 | Rungano Nyoni
66. Assassin's Creed | 2016 | Justin Kurzel
67. An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn | 2018 |
68. Man on Wire | 2008 | James Marsh
69. Suspiria | 2018 | Luca Guadagnino
70. An Inconvenient Truth | 2006 | Davis Guggenheim
71. They Live | 1988 | John Carpenter
72. Attack of the 50 Foot Woman | 1958 | Nathan H. Juran
73. Fantasia | 1940 | various
74. Waking Life | 2001 | Richard Linklater
75. Dumplin' | 2018 | Anne Fletcher
76. Lion | 2016 | Garth Davis
77. A Most Violent Year | 2014 | J.C. Chandor
78. Bad Company | 1972 | Robert Benton
79. Shaun the Sheep Movie | 2015 | Richard Starzak
80. Pompeii | 2014 | Paul W. S. Anderson
81. Das Boot | 1981 | Wolfgang Peterson
82. The Lego Movie 2 | 2019 | Mike Mitchell
83. An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power | 2017 |
84. Mary Queen of Scots | 2019 | Josie Rourke
85. Bride of Frankenstein | 1935 | James Whale
86. Mean Girls | 2004 | Mark Waters
87. Alita: Battle Angel | 2019 | Robert Rodriguez
88. Vox Lux | 2019 | Brady Corbet
89. Paprika | 2006 | Satoshi Kon
90. Pink Floyd: The Wall | 1982 | Alan Parker
91. Werckmeister Harmonies | 2000 | Bela Tarr
92. Blackfish | 2013 | Gabriela Cowperthwaite
93. How To Train Your Dragon 3 | 2019 | Dean DeBlois
94. Hackers | 1995 | Iain Softley
95. In Search of Fellini | 2017 | Taron Lexton
96. Capernuam | 2019 | Nadine Labaki
97. Batman: Mask of Phantasm | 1993 | Bruce Timm
98. Best Worst Movie | 2009 | Michael Stephenson
99. Crumb | 1994 | Terry Zwigoff
100. Keanu | 2016 | Peter Atencio

March
101.Three Identical Strangers
102. The Magdalene Sisters
103. Have You Seen the Listers?
104. BumbleBee
105. Paddleton
106. I, Dolours
107. Behind the Curve
108. Leaving Neverland
109. Filmworker
110. Gojira
111. The Kindergarden Teacher
112. Fantastic Beasts 2
113. Spin
114. Forbidden Planet
115. Commando
116. Maiden
117. Gone With the Wind
118. Captain Marvel
119. Come and See
120. Jason and the Argonaunts
121. Highlander
122. The Neverending Story
123. The Great Escape
124. Us
125. Faces Places
126. In a Relationship
127. Dumbo
128. Infernal Affairs

April
129. Ae Fond Kiss...
130. Easy A
131. Road House
132. Triple Frontier
133. Unicorn Store
134. Apollo 13
135. Shazam!
136. The Scorpion King: Book of Shadows
137. One Cut of the Dead
138. Bicycle Thieves
139. The Dark Crystal
140. Café Society
141. Five Deadly Venoms
142. Boyz N The Hood
143. Short Circuit 2
144. Coneheads
145. On the Waterfront
146. Enter the Dragon
147. An American In Paris
148. Avengers: Endgame
149. The Maltese Falcon
150. Now, Voyager

May
151. The Scent of Green Papaya
152. Serenity (2019)
153. F is for Fake
154. Eighth Grade
155. 8 1/2
156. The Seventh Seal
157. Cold Pursuit
158. Moneyball
159. Blue is the Warmest Colour
160. Snowpiecer
161. The Blind Side
162. Saving Mr Banks
163. Pale Rider
164. Dead Man's Shoes
165. Pokemon Detective Pikachu
166. Glass
167. Hole in the Ground
168. The Wild Bunch
169. Three Amigos
170. Amarcord
171. An American Werewolf In London
172. Katie
173. Nitro Circus: The Movie
174. This Is 40
175. Wine Country
176. Passengers
177. Rio Bravo
178. Don't Be a Menace To South Central...
179. 21 Jump Street
180. The Comfort of Strangers
181. Office Christmas Party
182. A Grand Night In
183. Ash Is Purest White
184. Phase IV
185. On The Basis Of Sex
186. Blood Father
187. Hang'Em High
188. Dark Shadows
189. John Wick 3
190. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
191. Brawl in Cell Block 99

June
192. The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists!
193. Rocketman
194. A Million Ways To Die In The West
195. Always Be My Maybe
196. Hotel Translyvania
197. Legend
198. Jeremiah Johnson
199. Shane
200. Chicago
201. Kind Hearts and Coronets
202. Xmen: Dark Phoenix
203. Sin Godzilla
204. The Phantom Carriage
205. The Sisters Brothers
206. Searching For Sugar man
207. Dublin Oldschool
208. Centurian
209. Bad Day For the Cut
210. The Guilty
211. The Wages Of Fear
212. Mary And Max
213. Children Of Heaven
214. The Diamond Arm
215. Harakiri (Seppuku)
216. Yip Man 2
217. Persepolis
218. Cinema Paradiso
219. Climax
220. Evil Dead (2013)
221. Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters
222. Child's Play (1988)

July - September
223. Midsommar
224. Brightburn
225. Spider-man: Far From Home
226. Toy Story 4
227. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
228. The Pursuit of Happyness
229. Atomic Blonde
230. The Little Hours
231. The Dead Don't Die
232. A Gentle Woman
233. Stuber
234. Aladdin (2019)
235. The Lion King (2019)
236. The Theory of Everything
237. The Dark Tower
238. The Bridge on the River Kwai
239. Jumaji: Welcome to the jungle
240. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
241. Steel Magnolias
242. Hellboy (2019)
243. Being There
244. Once Upon A Time In America
245. Dances With Wolves
246. Say Anything....
247. The Jazz Singer (1980)
248. Yojimbo
249. Cat on Hot Tin Roof
250. Roman Holiday
251. Men In Black (2019)
252. From Here To Eternity
253. The Thing From Another Planet
254. Faust
255. High Life
256. All Quiet on the Western Front

October - November
257. Ugetsu
258. Armour of God
259. Armour of God 2
260. Kong: Skull Island
261. Between Two Ferns: The Movie
262. The Last Black Man In San Fran
263. Easy Rider
264. Tolkien
265. Return of the Master Killer
266. Sophie's Choice
267. Joker
268. El Camino: Breaking Bad Movie
269. Elizabeth
270. Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
271. The Flying Guillotine
272. Tiempos felices
273. Plan 9 From Outer Space
274. Terminator: Dark Fate
275. The Man Who Laughs
276. Master Killer 3
277. The Hour of the Wold (Vargtimmen)
278. Seven Chances
279. The Navigator
280. The Last Laugh
281. Dolemite is my Name
282. Undercover Brother
283. American Psycho 2
284. The Rage: Carrie 2
285. The Next Karate Kid
286. Guyver: Dark Hero
287. Bikram: Yogi, Guru, Predator

December
288. Frozen 2
289. Lonesome (1928)
290. I lost my body
291. Marriage Story
292. It CHapter 2
293. Fast And Furious Presents Hobbs and Shaw
294. How Green Was My Valley
295. Ready Or Not
296. Booksmart
297. Our Hospitality
298. Star Wars Rise of Skywalker
299. Missing Link
300. The Circus (1928)
301. Parasite
302. Ad Astra
303. Hail Satan?

TV Shows
Feb
1. Russian Doll

March
2. Toast of London Season 1
3. Toast of London Season 2
4. Toast of London Season 3

May
5. Game of Thrones Season 8

June
6. Chernobyl
7. Fleabag Season 2
8. What We Do In The Shadows Season 1

July- September
9. Derry Girls Season 1
10. Derry Girls Season 2
11. Neon Genesis Evangelion

November
12. Big Mouth Season 3

Last edited:

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
GK86 - 0/50 books | 28/50 movies

I fell off the boat when it came to reading this year, but going to make more of an effort to read. I want to at least read 20 books in 2019.

Books:

Movies:
  1. Hearts Beat Loud
  2. Cellular
  3. The Snowman
  4. Frye: The Greatest Party that Never Happened
  5. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
  6. The First Purge
  7. Kingsman: The Golden Circle
  8. Little Italy
  9. Jupiter Ascending
  10. Velvet Buzzsaw
  11. Abducted in Plain Sight
  12. Paddington 2
  13. Cooties
  14. Cockblockers
  15. Monsters University
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Harry & Megan: A Royal Romance
  18. Sinister 2
  19. Ocean's 8
  20. The Jazz Singer
  21. Captain Marvel
  22. BlacKkKlansman
  23. US
  24. The Young Master
  25. Prom Night 2: Hello Mary Lou
  26. The Perfect Date
  27. The Avengers: Endgame
  28. Shanghai Surprise

2018 post - 1/50 books | 79/50 movies
2017 post - 13/50 books | 115/50 movies

Last edited:

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Always enjoy this thread :)

Minishdriveby - 6 Books | 66 Movies | 26 TV seasons

Books:
  1. Blindness (1995) by José Saramago
  2. Hebdomeros (1929) by Giorgio de Chirico
  3. Dhalgren (1974) by Samuel R. Delany
  4. Mistborn: The Final Empire (2006) by Brandon Sanderson
  5. To the Lighthouse (1927) by Virginia Woolf
  6. The Bell Jar (1963) by Sylvia Plath

Movies:
  1. The Favourite (2018) directed by Yorgos Lanthimos
  2. Blockers (2018) directed by Kay Cannon
  3. Eighth Grade (2018) directed by Bo Burnham
  4. Wild Life (2018) directed by Paul Dano
  5. Incredibles 2 (2018) directed by Brad Bird
  6. Burning (2018) directed by Lee Chang-dong
  7. Pity (2018) directed by Babis Makridis
  8. Suspiria (2018) directed by Luca Guadagino
  9. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) directed by Peyton Reed
  10. The Night Is Short, Walk On Girl (2018) directed by Masaaki Yuasa
  11. Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) directed by Ron Howard
  12. Let the Corpses Tan (2018) directed by Hélène Cattet and Bruno Forzani
  13. Us (2019) directed by Jordan Peele
  14. Cosmos (2015) directed by Andrzej Żuławski
  15. Guava Island (2019) directed by Hiro Murai
  16. Avengers: Endgame (2019) directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo
  17. Detective Pikachu (2019) directed by Rob Letterman
  18. Dogman (2019) directed by Matteo Garrone
  19. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) directed by Chad Stahelski
  20. Moana (2016) directed by Ron Clements and John Musker
  21. Tangled (2010) directed by Byron Howard and Nathan Greno
  22. The End of Evangelion (1997) directed by Hideaki Anno and Kazuya Tsurumaki
  23. Lost Highway (1997) directed by David Lynch
  24. Tremors (1990) directed by Ron Underwood
  25. Tremors 2: Aftershock (1996) directed by Ron Underwood
  26. Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (2001) directed by Ron Underwood
  27. Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (2004) directed by Ron Underwood
  28. Tremors 5: Bloodlines (2015) directed by Ron Underwood
  29. Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell (2018) directed by Ron Underwood
  30. Call Me By Your Name (2017) directed by Luca Guadagnino
  31. Repo Man (1984) directed by Alex Cox
  32. Under the Silver Lake (2019) directed by David Robert Mitchell
  33. Midsommar (2019) directed by Ari Aster
  34. My Winnipeg (2008) directed by Guy Maddin
  35. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) directed by Jon Watts
  36. Venom (2018) directed by Ruben Fleischer
  37. Red Desert (1964) directed by Michelangelo Antonioni
  38. Climax (2018) directed by Gaspar Noe
  39. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) directed by Quentin Tarantino
  40. All About Your Mother (1999) directed by Pedro Almodovar
  41. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988) directed by Pedro Almodovar
  42. Gozilla: King of the Monsters (2019) directed by Michael Dougherty
  43. Lions Love (... and Lies) (1969) directed by Agnes Varda
  44. Kaili Blues (2016) directed by Bi Gan
  45. Between Two Ferns: The Movie (2019) directed by Scott Aukerman
  46. High Life (2019) directed by Claire Denis
  47. Lake Mungo (2008) directed by Joel Anderson
  48. Sleepaway Camp (1983) directed by Robert Hiltzik
  49. The Lighthouse (2019) directed by Robert Eggers
  50. The Capsule (2013) directed by Athina Rachel Tsangari
  51. Parasite (2019) directed by Boon Joon-ho
  52. Booksmart (2019) directed by Olivia Wilde
  53. El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019) directed by Vince Gilligan
  54. The Lure (2015) directed by Agnieszka Smoczynska
  55. Everyone Else (2009) directed by Maren Ade
  56. Marriage Story (2019) directed by Noah Baumbach
  57. Minding the Gap (2018) directed by Bing Liu
  58. Crawl (2019) directed by Alexandre Aja
  59. Long Day's Journey Into Night (2019) directed by Bi Gan
  60. Ash is the Purest White (2019) directed by Jia Zhangke
  61. Ready or Not (2019) directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Tyler Gillett
  62. Steven Universe: The Movie (2019) directed by Rebecca Sugar
  63. Joker (2019) directed by Todd Phillips
  64. The Forest for the Trees (2003) directed by Maren Ade
  65. Fallen Angels (1998) directed by Wong Kar-wai
  66. In Fabric (2019) directed by Peter Strickland
TV Seasons
  1. Russian Doll (Season 1)
  2. Love (Season 1)
  3. Love (Season 2)
  4. Love (Season 3)
  5. Atlanta: Robbin' Season (Season 2)
  6. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Season 2)
  7. GLOW (Season 1)
  8. GLOW (Season 2)
  9. Riverdale (Season 3)
  10. Stranger Things (Season 3)
  11. GLOW (Season 3)
  12. Carole & Tuesday (season 1)
  13. Undone (season 1)
  14. Mindhunter (Season 1)
  15. Living With Yourself (Season 1)
  16. Mindhunter (Season 2)
  17. The End of the Fucking World (Season 1)
  18. The End of the Fucking World (Season 2)
  19. InuYasha (Season 1)
  20. InuYasha (Season 2)
  21. InuYasha (Season 3)
  22. Steven Universe (Season 1)
  23. Steven Universe (Season 2)
  24. Steven Universe (Season 3)
  25. Steven Universe (Season 4)
  26. Steven Universe (Season 5)

Last edited:

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Kmonk - *57/50 books | *160/50 movies

Books:

January
1. The Secret Garden - by Frances Hodgson Burnett / Ill. by Graham Rust - ★★★★
2. Burning Chrome - by William Gibson - ★★★★½
3. Neuromancer - by William Gibson - ★★★★★
4. The Marvelous Land of Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★★
5. Tricked - by Alex Robinson - ★★★½
6. Hellblazer vol 5: Dangerous Habits - by Jamie Delano, Garth Ennis - ★★★★½

February
7. Count Zero - by William Gibson - ★★★★
8. Marvel Comics: The Untold Story - by Sean Howe - ★★★★
9. The Confusion - by Neal Stephenson - ★★★★
10. Ozma of Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★★
11. 20th Century Boys: The Perfect Edition Vol 1 - by Naoki Urasawa - ★★★★
12. Mona Lisa Overdrive - by William Gibson - ★★★★½

March
13. Virtual Light - by William Gibson - ★★★★
14. Hellblazer vol 6: Bloodlines - by Garth Ennis(W), William Simpson(A) - ★★★★
15. The Good War - by Studs Terkel - ★★★★★
16. Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★½
17. Idoru - by William Gibson - ★★★★½

April
18. Flatlander: The Collected Tales of Gil "The Arm" Hamilton - by Larry Niven - ★★★★
19. Islands in the Net - by Bruce Sterling - ★★★★
20. Road to Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★
21. All Tomorrow's Parties - by William Gibson - ★★★★★
22. JSA Omnibus Vol. 2 - by Geoff Johns(W), Don Kramer(A) - ★★★★

May
23. Legends of Hawaii - by Padraic Colum - ★★★★
24. Anathem - by Neal Stephenson - ★★★★
25. The Emerald City of Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★½
26. Hellblazer vol 7: Fear and Loathing - by Garth Ennis(W), Steve Dillon(A) - ★★★★★

June
27. Pattern Recognition - by William Gibson - ★★★★
28. The City on the Edge of Forever: the Original Teleplay - by Harlan Ellison - ★★★★
29. Echo: The Complete Edition - by Terry Moore - ★★★★
30. I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream: Stories - by Harlan Ellison - ★★★★★
31. The Patchwork Girl of Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★½

July
32. Spook Country - by William Gibson - ★★★★
33. Before the Incal - by Alejandro Jodorowsky(W), Zoran Janjetov(A) - ★★★★
34. The Deep Range - by Arthur C. Clarke - ★★½
35. Red Handed: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes - by Matt Kindt - ★★★★
36. Tik-tok of Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★★
37. Solaris - by Stanislaw Lem - ★★★★
38. Zodiac - by Neal Stephenson - ★★★

August
39. Cyberpunk Trashcan - by Randall P. Fitzgerald - ★★
40. Alien 3: The Unproduced Screenplay - by William Gibson (W), Johnny Christmas (A) - ★★★
41. 2001: A Space Odyssey - by Arthur C. Clarke - ★★★★★
42. Ellison Wonderland - by Harlan Ellison - ★★★½
43. Slan - by A.E. van Vogt - ★★★½

September
44. Zero History - by William Gibson - ★★★★½
45. Tales of Pirx the Pilot - by Stanislaw Lem - ★★★
46. Islands in the Sky - ★★★
47. The Scarecrow of Oz - by L. Frank Baum - ★★★½
48. Involution Ocean - by Bruce Sterling - ★★★★

October
49. Rinkitink of Oz - by L.Frank Baum - ★★★★
50. The Fire Next Time - by James Baldwin
51. Strong Female Protagonist: Book Two - by Brennan Lee Mulligan (W), Molly Ostertag (A) - ★★★½
52. Atmosphaera Incognita - by Neal Stephenson - ★★★
53. Meditations - by Marcus Aurelius

November
54. The Lost Princess of Oz - by L.Frank Baum - ★★★½
55. The Difference Engine - by Bruce Sterling and William Gibson - ★★★½

December
56. Monsignor Quixote - by Graham Greene - ★★★★★
57. The System of the World - by Neal Stephenson - ★★★★★

Movies:
January
1. Withnail and I (1987) - ★★★★
2. Tomorrowland (2015) - ★★½
3. Attack the Block (2011) - ★★★
4. No Country for Old Men (2007) - ★★★★
5. Upstream Color (2013) - ★½
6. Cool Hand Luke (1967) - ★★★★
7. Glass (2018) - ★★★
8. Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019) - ★★★
9. Fyre Fraud (2019) - ★★★½
10. Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - ★★
11. Roma (2018) - ★★★★★
12. The Death of Stalin (2017) - ★★★★

February
13. Io (2019) - ★★
14. Hairspray (2007) - ★★★
15. Life (2017) - ★★★½
16. Velvet Buzzsaw (2019) - ★★★
17. All the President's Men (1976) - ★★★★
18. Mud (2012) - ★★★½
19. Quartet (2012) - ★★★
20. Leave No Trace (2018) - ★★★½
21. Alita: Battle Angel (2019) - ★★½
22. American Gangster (2007) - ★★★½
23. The Florida Project (2017) - ★★★★
24. Black Mass (2015) - ★★★★

March
25. Apollo 11 (2019) - ★★★★★
26. Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) - ★★½
27. Music and Lyrics (2007) - ★★★
28. Barry Lyndon (1975) - ★★★★
29. Hereditary (2018) - ★★★★
30. Saving Private Ryan (1998) - ★★★
31. The Breaker Upperers (2018) - ★★★½
32. Mississippi Burning (1988) - ★★★½
33. I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore. (2017) - ★★★★
34. K-19: The Widowmaker (2002) - ★★½
35. The Most Hated Woman in America (2017) - ★★½
36. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) - ★★★
37. Moonstruck (1987) - ★★★½
38. Captain Marvel (2019) - ★★½
39. Battle for Sevastopol (2015) - ★★★½
40. Regarding Henry (1991) - ★★★½

April
41. Logan Lucky (2017) - ★★★½
42. Payback: Straight Up (2006) - ★★★★
43. 300 (2006) - ★★★
44. The Mule (2018) - ★★½
45. Flatliners (1990) - ★★★½
46. The Final Countdown (1980) - ★★
47. Blown Away (1994) - ★★★
48. Party Girl (1995) - ★★★½
49. Vice (2018) - ★★★½
50. Puncture (2011) - ★★½
51. The Fog (2005) - ★★
52. Avengers: Endgame (2019) - ★★★★½
53. Rob Roy (1993) - ★★★½

May
54. Quigley Down Under (1990) - ★★★½
55. Bottle Shock (2008) - ★★★
56. Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman (2015) - ★★★★
57. At First Sight (1999) - ★★
58. The American (2010) - ★★★½
59. Aquaman (2018) - ★★★
60. Witness (1985) - ★★★★
61. Valley of the Dolls (1967) - ★★★★
62. The Gift (2000) - ★★★
63. Creed II (2018) - ★★★★
64. A Most Violent Year (2014) - ★★★★½
65. Dune (1984) - ★★★

June
66. Anomalisa (2015) - ★★½
67. The Big Sick (2017) - ★★★★
68. Straight Talk (1992) - ★★★
69. Chinatown (1974) - ★★★★
70. Three Days of the Condor (1975) - ★★★
71. Cadillac Man (1990) - ★★★
72. Mulholland Falls (1996) - ★★★½
73. A Fistful of Dollars (1963) - ★★★★
74. Men In Black: International (2019) - ★★★½
75. Ronin (1998) - ★★★★
76. Bright Lights, Big City (1988) - ★
77. For a Few Dollars More (1965) - ★★★★
78. Catch-22 (1970) - ★★★★
79. Cecil B. Demented (2000) - ★★★½

July
80. The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) - ★★★
81. F/X (1986) - ★★★½
82. The Cat's Meow (2001) - ★★★★
83. Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1973) - ★★★★
84. Runaway (1984) - ★★
85. Midnight Cowboy (1969) - ★★★★½
86. Three Identical Strangers (2018) - ★★★
87. Lair of the White Worm (1988) - ★★½
88. The Octagon (1980) - ★★
89. Mute (2018) - ★★★★
90. The Russia House (1990) - ★★★
91. Thunderheart (1992) - ★★★
92. The Magnificent Seven (1960) - ★★★★
93. To Catch a Thief (1955) - ★★★★
94. The Last Samurai (2003) - ★★★

August
95. The Swimmer (1968) - ★★★
96. Sword of Trust (2019) - ★★★½
97. The Package (1989) - ★★★
98. Victoria (2015) - ★★★½
99. Underworld U.S.A (1961) - ★★★★
100. 10 to Midnight (1983) - ★★
101. Mirage (1963) - ★★★½
102. Star Wars: Empire of Dreams (2004) - ★★★★
103. Snake Eyes (1998) - ★★★
104. Sudden Fear (1952) - ★★★★★
105. Rollerball (1975) - ★★★★½

September
106. The Barkley Marathons: The Race that Eats Its Young (2014) - ★★★★
107. Find Me (2018) - ★★
108. Running for Good (2018) - ★★★
109. Conspiracy (2001) - ★★★★½
110. The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) - ★★★½
111. Possessed (1931) - ★★★★½
112. Pirate Radio (2009) - ★★★½
113. Ed Wood (1994) - ★★½
114. Serenity (2019) - ★★
115. A Bridge Too Far (1977) - ★★★½
116. All I See Is You (2016) - ★★★
117. Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019) - ★★★★
118. Author: The J.T. LeRoy Story (2016) - ★★★
119. Fire Walk with Me (1992) - ★★

October
120. Operation Finale (2018) - ★★★½
121. Whip It (2009) - ★★★
122. The Big Easy (1987) - ★★½
123. Joker (2019) - ★★★★
124. Downhill Racer (1969) - ★★★
125. Nebraska (2015) - ★★★★½
126. Son of Rambow (2007) - ★★★½
127. Persona (1966) - ★★½
128. Blowout (1981) - ★★
129. Dirty Pretty Things (2002) - ★★★
130. Basquiat (1996) - ★★★
131. Atlantic City (1981) - ★★★★
132. Bullitt (1968) - ★★★½
133. The Art of Self Defense (2019) - ★★★★
134. The Thing (1982) - ★★★★

November
135. The Descendants (2011) - ★★★★½
136. Exporting Raymond (2010) - ★★½
137. Prince of Darkness (1987) - ★★★½
138. Overlord (2018) - ★★★
139. Jojo Rabbit (2019) - ★★★★½
140. Contact (1997) - ★★★½
141. Shadow of the Vampire (2000) - ★★★★
142. Reds (1981) - ★★★★
143. 8 Mile (2002) - ★★★
144. What Lies Beneath (2000) - ★★★
145. The Irishman (2019) - ★★★★
146. Hunger (2008) - ★★★★
147. In the Mouth of Madness (1994) - ★★★
148. The Conversation (1974) - ★★★½

December
149. 2 Days in the Valley (1996) - ★★½
150. Black Moon Rising (1986) - ★★★
151. This Means War (2012) - ★½
152. Knives Out (2019) - ★★★½
153. Body Double (1984) - ★★½
154. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) - ★★★
155. The Killing Fields (1984) - ★★★★½
156. Rambo: Last Blood (2019) - ★½
157. The Knight Before Christmas (2019) - ★½
158. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) - ★★★★★
159. The Aeronauts (2019) - ★★★
160. The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019) - ★★★★★

TV Shows:
January
1. Twin Peaks (Season 1) - ★★★★
2. The Crown (Season 1) - ★★★★★
3. Sex and the City (Season 1) - ★★★½

February
4. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (Season 2) - ★★★★

March
5. PEN15 (Season 1) - ★★★★
6. Sex and the City (Season 2) - ★★★½
7. Top Chef (Season 16) - ★★
8. Flowers (Season 1) - ★★★★★

April
9. Sex and the City (Season 3) - ★★★★½
10. Twin Peaks (Season 2) - ★★★

May
11. Sex and the City (Season 4) - ★★★★
12. Sex and the City (Season 5) - ★★★★
13. The Crown (Season 2) - ★★★★

June
14. Sex and the City (Season 6) - ★★★★½

July
15. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Season 1) - ★★★★½
16. Broad City (Season 5) - ★★★★

August
-

September
17. Glow (Season 3) - ★★★★
18. Life on Mars (Season 1) - ★★½
19. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Season 2) - ★★
20. Secret Diary of Call Girl (Season 1) - ★★★

October
21. What We Do in the Shadows (Season 1) - ★★★★
22. Schitt's Creek (Season 5) - ★★★★

November
23. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Season 2) - ★★★★½
24. A Very English Scandal (Season 1) - ★★★★
25. Parker Lewis Can't Lose (Season 1) - ★★★½
26. Good Omens (Season 1) - ★★★★

December
27. The Mandalorian (Season 1) - ★★★★½
28. Melrose Place (Season 1) - ★★★
29. The Crown (Season 3) - ★★★★½

--
Old Challenges

2018 - 58/50 Books | 123/50 Movies

--

-Thanks OP for taking over the challenge! 50/50 was one of my favorite parts of joining ERA!
-I've decided not to count TV shows as part of my 50 movies this year, since I was able to hit 50 movies in 2018. I will keep track of seasons just FMI.
-Still going to count large volumes or runs of comics as 1 book, but I'm really hoping to hit 50 books just from prose titles.

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go.

saenima - 33/50 books | 41/50 movies

I'll make note of tv shows here, though i won't count them toward the challenge. Also decided to add rewatches and rereads at the end, merely for my own tracking.

Books:

January
1) The Waste Lands by Stephen King
2) A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
3) A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
4) The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
5) The Call of Cthulhu by H. P. Lovecraft
6) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

February
7) American Gods by Neil Gaiman
8) The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler
9) The Invincible by Stanislaw Lem
10) The Weight of Memories by Cixin Liu
11) Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

March
12) Wizard and Glass by Stephen King
13) The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H. P. Lovecraft
14) Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
15) Artemis by Andy Weir

May
16) Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
17) The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
18) The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
19) The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle

June
20) The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
21) The Valley of Fear by Arthur Conan Doyle
22) His Last Bow by Arthur Conan Doyle
23) The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

July
24) The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
25) Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim
26) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
27) Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
28) Sphere by Michael Crichton
29) 2001: A Space Odissey by Arthur C. Clarke

August
30) 2010: Second Odissey by Arthur C. Clarke
31) 2061: Odissey Three by Arthur C. Clarke
32) The Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft
33) The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman

Movies:

January
1) Moonlight
2) Room 237
3) The Purge
4) The Purge: Anarchy
5) The Purge: Election Year

February
6) Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau
7) Rings
8) The Lost City of Z
9) The Babadook
10) Alita: Battle Angel
11) Seven Psychopaths
12) What We Do in the Shadows
13) Paranormal Activity
14) Hard Eight
15) Bird Box
16) Gerald's Game
17) Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
18) Attack the Block
19) Hereditary
20) Into the Inferno

March
21) You Were Never Really Here
22) Tickled
23) Bill Hicks: Sane Man
24) Saving Capitalism
25) Detroit
26) The Handmaiden
27) Tetsuo: The Iron Man
28) Rashomon
29) The Reflecting Skin
30) Mandy
31) A Quiet Place
32) Happy Death Day
33) Avengers: Infinity War
34) Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
35) Us

April
36) Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened
37) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

November
38) Fifty Shades of Grey
39) Fifty Shades Darker
40) Fifty Shades Freed
41) Halloween (2018)

December
42) Happy Death Day 2U

TV:
Black Mirror s.4
Mr. Robot s.2
Halt and Catch Fire s.1
American Gods s.1
The Expanse s.1
The Expanse s.2
The Expanse s.3
Game of Thrones s.1
Game of Thrones s.2
Game of Thrones s.3
Game of Thrones s.4
Game of Thrones s.5
Game of Thrones s.6
Game of Thrones s.7
True Detective s.1
Game of Thrones s.8

Rewatches/Rereads
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part III
The Usual Suspects
Blade Runner
Jackie Brown
Alien
Dirty Dancing (1987)

Uma Aventura na Cidade by Ana Maria Magalhães & Isabel Alçada
A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
Uma Aventura nas Férias de Natal by Ana Maria Magalhães & Isabel Alçada
Uma Aventura na Falésia by Ana Maria Magalhães & Isabel Alçada
Uma Aventura em Viagem by Ana Maria Magalhães & Isabel Alçada
Uma Aventura no Bosque by Ana Maria Magalhães & Isabel Alçada
Uma Aventura Entre Douro e Minho by Ana Maria Magalhães & Isabel Alçada

Last edited:

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
3rd time entering, I have never finished the book part, hell never even got halfway but this year will be different!!! I will probably complete the movie part in a month or so.

Casscade - 30/50 Books | 134/50 Movies

Books:
1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. The Double by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
3. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
4. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
5. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
6. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
7. Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov
8. Plato's Republic by Simon Blackburn
9. Animal Farm by George Orwell
10. Beyond Good and Evil by Frederich Nietzsche
11. The Stranger by Albert Camus
12. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
13. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
14. Macbeth by William Shakespeare
15. Wild Fang by Jack London
16. Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
17. Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare
18. The Man Who was Thursday by Gilbert Keith Chesterton
19. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
20. The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells
21. Watchmen by Alan Moore
22. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
23. Saga Book 1 & 2 by Brian K. Vaughn
24. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
25. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
26. The Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
27. The Lies of Locke Lamorra by Scott Lynch
28. Kingdom Come by Mark Waid
29. Othello by William Shakespeare
30. The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Movies:
1. Angel's Egg (1985)
2. Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (2018)
3. The Swindlers (2016)
4. The House That Jack Built (2018)
5. Blockers (2018)
6.Thelma (2018)
7. Bird Box (2018)
8. Along with the Gods : The Two Worlds (2017)
9. A Taxi Driver (2017)
10. Easy Money (2010)
11. The Terror Live (2013)
12. Yojimbo (1961)
13. Sanjuro (1962)
14. Good Time (2017)
15. Following (1998)
16. Under the Shadow (2016)
17. Summer of 84 (2018)
18. Confessions (2010)
19. Moebius (2013)
20. Creepy (2016)
21. Dragon (2011)
22. A Company Man (2012)
23. Le Samourai (1967)
24. The Great Battle (2018)
25. The Salvation (2014)
26. The Strangers (2008)
27. Project Gutenberg (2018)
28. Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)
29. The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018)
30. Life without Principle (2011)
31. Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)
32. Trivisa (2016)
33. Cold War (2012)
34. Polar (2019)
35. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2009)
36. The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)
37. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009)
38. Do you Trust this Computer (2018)
39. The Admiral (2014)
40. The Girl on the Train (2016)
41. Mr. Long (2017)
42. A Perfect Getaway (2009)
43. Asura The City of Madness (2016)
44. The Sword of Doom (1966)
45. A Dirty Carnival (2006)
46. Sonatine (1993)
47. Overheard (2009)
48. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)
49. Fearless (2006)
50. Re:Born (2016)
51. Blue Ruin (2013)
52. The Place Beyond The Pines (2013)
53. Overlord (2018)
54. Galveston (2018)
55. What Happened to Monday (2017)
56. A Better Tomorrow (1986)
57. Kill List (2011)
58. Widows (2018)
59. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002)
60. Killing Them Softly (2012)
61. Shadow (2018)
62. Beyond Outrage (2012)
63. The House at the End of Time (2013)
64. The Dark Valley (2014)
65. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018)
66. The Witch Part 1: The Subversion (2018)
67. The Negotiation (2018)
68. Wild Tales (2014)
69. Fireworks (1997)
70. Bumblebee (2018)
71. The Clovehitch Killer (2018)
72. Violent Cop (1989)
73. Contact (1997)
74. Possession (1981}
75. Satan's Slaves (2017)
76. The Untouchables (1987)
77. Aquaman (2018)
78. Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
79. The Blair Witch Project (1999)
80. Along with the Gods; The Last 49 Days (2018)
81. The Handmaiden (2016)
82. Burning (2018)
83. Pieta (2012)
84. Chungking Express (1994)
85. Dog Soldiers (2002)
86. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019)
87. Dragged Across Concrete (2018)
88. Glass (2019)
89. The Assassin (2015)
90. Beast (2017)
91. Climax (2018)
92. Eden Lake (2008)
93. 28 Days Later (2002)
94. Ran (1985)
95. The Ritual (2017)
96. Hidden Man (2018)
97. Suspiria (2018)
98. First They Killed My Father (2017)
99. Mother (2009)
100. War of the Arrows (2011)
101. Lord of War (2005)
102. One Cut of the Dead (2017)
103. Don't Look Now (1973)
104. The Devil's Candy (2015)
105. We are Still Here (2015)
106. The Babadook (2014)
107. The Loved Ones (2009)
108. Believer (2018)
109. Us (2019)
110. Master (2016)
111. The Swindlers (2017)
112. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1985)
113. A Nightmare on Elm street (2010)
114. The Blackcoat's Daughter (2015)
115. Case 39 (2009)
116. The Ward (2010)
117. Paranormal Activity (2007)
118. Siberia (2018)
119. Silver (1993)
120. Identity (2003)
121. The Man from Earth (2007)
122. Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)
123. Greta (2018)
124. Office (2015)
125. The Man from Nowhere (2010)
126. I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017)
127. Hwayi: A Monster Boy (2013)
128. Cloverfield (2008)
129. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
130. Election (2005)
131. Tried Election (2006)
132. Gerald's Game (2017)
133. Martyrs (2008)
134. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)

Last edited:

tomvek

Oct 26, 2017
Failed horribly last time so definitely want to improve in 2019! Thanks opening post :)

tomvek - 0/50 books | 7/50 movies

Books:

Movies:
January
1. The Favourite ★★★★
2. Idiocracy ★★★½
3. Starman ★★★★
4. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★
5. The Spy Who Dumped Me ★★★
6. The Strangers: Prey at Night ★★½
7. Happy New Year, Colin Burstead ★★★

Last edited:

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
Not Asleep - 60/50 books | 68/50 movies

Books:

1. Dopesick - Beth Macy ★★★★★
  2. The Woman's Hour - Elaine Weiss ★★★★★
  3. The Real Lolita - Sarah Weinman ★★★★
  4. Broad Band - Claire L. Evans ★★★★1/2
  5. Bonk - Mary Roach ★★★
  6. Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely ★★★★
  7. Being Mortal - Atul Gawande ★★★★★
  8. High Crimes - Michael Kodas ★★★1/2
  9. Before I Go to Sleep - SJ Watson ★★★
  10. Room - Emma Donoghue ★★★1/2
  11. Black Klansman - Ron Stallworth ★★★★
  12. The Year of Living Danishly - Helen Russell ★★★★
  13. The Threat - Andrew McCabe ★★★★
  14. A Stolen Life - Jaycee Dugard ★★★1/2
  15. Thin - Lauren Greenfield ★★★★1/2
  16. Heartburn - Nora Ephron ★★★★
  17. I'll Be Gone in the Dark - Michelle McNamara ★★★1/2
  18. I Remember Nothing - Nora Ephron ★★★★
  19. Death in the Air - Kate Winkler Dawson ★★★★
  20. You - Caroline Kepnes ★★★★
  21. Daughter of Gloriavale - Lilia Tarawa ★★★1/2
  22. When Breath Becomes Air - Paul Kalanithi ★★★★
  23. The Trial of Lizzie Borden - Cara Robertson ★★★1/2
  24. The Astronaut Wives Club - Lily Koppel ★★★★
  25. How Doctors Feel - Danielle Ofri ★★★★
  26. All the Rage - Darcy Lockman ★★★★★
  27. The Fifth Risk - Michael Lewis ★★★★★
  28. The Manson Women and Me - Nikki Meredith ★★★1/5
  29. Why Have Kids - Jessica Valenti ★★★★
  30. Irresistible - Adam Alter ★★★★
  31. Marie-Thérèse - Susan Nagel ★★★1/5
  32. Salt Sugar Fat - Michael Moss ★★★★★
  33. 35 Miles From Shore - Emilio Corsetti III ★★★★
  34. Siege - Michael Wolff ★★★1/2
  35. Searching for Sunday - Rachel Held Evans ★★★1/2
  36. Dying of Whiteness - Jonathan Metzl ★★★★
  37. I Like to Watch - Emily Nussbaum ★★★★
  38. Lab Rats - Dan Lyons ★★★1/2
  39. The Sopranos Sessions - Alan Sepinwall and Matt Zoller-Seitz ★★★★
  40. Black Death at the Golden Gate - Davis K. Randall ★★★★★
  41. Complications - Atul Gawande ★★★★★
  42. Breaking Free - Rachel Jeffs ★★★
  43. The Trunk Murderess - Jana Bommersbatch ★★★
  44. Kushner, Inc - Vicky Ward ★★★
  45. How to be a Tudor - Ruth Goodman ★★★★
  46. Sick - Porochista Khakpour ★★★
  47. Wallis in Love - Andrew Morton ★★★★
  48. Brain on Fire - Susannah Cahalen ★★★★
  49. Squeezed - Alissa Quart ★★★1/2
  50. Hand to Mouth - Linda Tirado ★★★★★
  51. Because Internet - Gretchen McCulloch★★★★★
  52. The Evil Hours - David J. Morris★★★★1/2
  53. The End of the Suburbs - Leigh Gallagher ★★★★★
  54. The Nordic Theory of Everything - Anu Partenen ★★★★
  55. My Friend Anna - Rachel Williams ★★★
  56. The Stranger She Loved - Shanna Hogan ★★★★
  57. It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work - Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson ★★★1/2
  58. Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come -Jessica Pan ★★★1/2
  59. She Said - Jodi Kantor, Megan Twohey ★★★★1/2
  60. Heads in Beds - Jacob Tomsky ★★★
*started in 2018 but finished in 2019

Movies:
  1. King Lear (2018) ★★★1/2
  2. Dumplin' (2018) ★★★
  3. Lion (2016) ★★★1/2
  4. Vanity Fair (miniseries, 2018) ★★★★1/2
  5. Sex Education (series 1, 2018) ★★★★1/2
  6. Fyre (2019) ★★★1/2
  7. Surviving R. Kelly (miniseries, 2019) ★★★1/2
  8. The Elephant in the Living Room (2010) ★★★
  9. The Work (2017) ★★★★
  10. After Porn Ends 3 (2018) ★★★
  11. The Other Boleyn Girl (2008) ★★1/2
  12. Room (2015) ★★★★1/2
  13. Kedi (2016) ★★★1/2
  14. Secret in their Eyes (2015) ★★★
  15. Cold Mountain (2003) ★★★1/2
  16. The Beguiled (2017) ★★★★
  17. Russian Doll (series, 2019) ★★★★★
  18. You (series, 2018) ★★★★★
  19. BlacKkKlansman (2018) ★★★★1/2
  20. Generation Wealth (2018) ★★★1/2
  21. Perfect Bid (2018) ★★★
  22. Lorena (miniseries, 2019) ★★★★
  23. Captain Marvel (2019) ★★★★
  24. Transformer (2018) ★★★★1/2
  25. The Favourite (2018) ★★★★
  26. The Children Act (2018) ★★★★
  27. Victoria (series, 2019) ★★★1/2
  28. Somm III (2018) ★★★1/2
  29. The Inventor (2019) ★★★1/2
  30. Abducted in Plain Sight (2017) ★★★
  31. Grey Gardens (1975) ★★★★
  32. Grey Gardens (2009) ★★★★
  33. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) ★★★★
  34. A Courtship (2015) ★★★★
  35. Adopted (2009) ★★
  36. The Boy Band Con (2019) ★★★1/2
  37. Not Black Enough (2017) ★★★1/2
  38. FEMMEfille (2015) ★★★
  39. Gloriavale (miniseries, 2014) ★★
  40. Life with Murder (2009) ★★★1/2
  41. The Providers (2018) ★★★1/2
  42. Avengers: Endgame (2019) ★★★★1/2
  43. Reconstruction (miniseries, 2019) ★★★★
  44. Behind the Curve (2018) ★★★★
  45. Fyre Fraud (2019) ★★★1/2
  46. Lars and the Real Girl (2007) ★★★★
  47. The Act (series, 2019) ★★★★
  48. Life According to Sam (2013) ★★★★
  49. Chernobyl (miniseries, 2019) ★★★★★
  50. Marwencol (2010) ★★★1/2
  51. Us (2019) ★★★★
  52. Sorry to Bother You (2018) ★★★★1/2
  53. Enlightened (series, 2011) ★★★★
  54. The Farewell (2019)★★★★
  55. Untouchable (2019) ★★★★
  56. American Factory (2019)★★★★1/2
  57. We Have Always Lived in the Castle (2018)★★★1/2
  58. Pick of the Litter (2018) ★★★★
  59. Made in Boise (2019) ★★★★
  60. Bikram (2019) ★★★1/2
  61. 78/52 (2017) ★★★★
  62. Frozen 2 (2019) ★★★★
  63. College Behind Bars (2019)★★★★1/2
  64. Marriage Story (2019) ★★★★★
  65. The Squid and the Whale (2005) ★★★★
  66. The Rise of Skywalker (2019) ★★★
  67. Casablanca (1942) ★★★★
  68. The Two Popes (2019) ★★★★
Stars for Reviews

★★
★★★
★★★★
★★★★★

Personal rules:
  • 1 multi-part investigative journalism series that has gone through an editing process and has aired or are published in reputable outlets count either as 1 "book" or 1 "movie"(depending on their form). Time investment should be at least 2hrs.
  • 1 broadcasted performance of a stage show counts as 1 movie.
  • Watching all episodes aired to date from 1 TV series counts as 1 movie.
  • Books that I cannot stand can be abandoned and put on the "Abandoned" list after 150 pages; ditto for movies after 1 hour. These do not get star ratings.
Abandoned Media:

Last edited:

nny

Oct 25, 2017
First of all, thanks EverythingShiny for taking over this year!

2018 wasn't that good, I'll try to make up for it in 2019!

nny - 03/50 books | 07/50 movies

Books:
January
1. O Anjo Mudo (Al Berto, 1993)
March
2. Pyramids (Discworld #7) (Terry Pratchett, 1989)
3. The Lion in the Living Room: How House Cats Tamed Us and Took Over the World (Abigail Tucker, 2016)

Movies:
January
1. Love You Like Christmas (2016)
2. Paddington (2014)
February
3. Get Me Roger Stone (2017)
March
4. Behind the Curve (2018)
5. Silicon Cowboys (2016)
6. Captain Marvel (2019)
7. Argo (2012)

TV Shows:
January
1. Norm Macdonald Has a Show
March
2. After Life
3. BoJack Horseman (S2)

2016 - nny - 13/50 books | 81/50 movies | 37 TV shows
2017- nny - 26/50 books | 148/50 movies | 23 TV shows
2018- nny - 15/50 books | 61/50 movies | 28 TV shows

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I was going to do this when movies anyways but seeing a thread for it reinforces it even more I'm in!

Ravelle - Books Read: [ 1 / 50 ] Movies Watched [ 23/ 50 ]

Movies:

1. Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse.
2. Birdbox
3. Bird Man
4. Bumble Bee
5. Happy Death Day
6. Mulan
7. 8th Grade
8. Wreck it Ralph 2
9. Incredibles 2
10. Mission Impossible
11. Mission Impossible 2
12. Mission Impossible 3
13. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
14: Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
15. Mission Impossible Fallout
16. Happy Death Day 2U
17. Avengers: Endgame
18. Detective Pikachu
19. Murder Mystery
20. Toy Story
21. Toy Story 2
22. Unicorn Store
23. Toy Story 3

Books:

1. Assassin's apprentice

Last edited:

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I failed in 2018. Here's hoping I don't again for 2019.

1000 Needles - 35/50 Books | 60/50 Movies

Books:

1. Foundation - Isaac Asimov
  2. Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams
  3. Foundation and Empire - Isaac Asimov
  4. Second Foundation - Isaac Asimov
  5. Mythos - Stephen Fry
  6. Dreams From My Father - Barack Obama
  7. Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson
  8. Firefight - Brandon Sanderson
  9. Heroes - Stephen Fry
  10. Calamity - Brandon Sanderson
  11. Foundation's Edge - Isaac Asimov
  12. Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
  13. The Black Prism - Brent Weeks
  14. The Black Prism - Brent Weeks - Counted as 2
  15. Sweet as Sin: The Unwrapped Story of How Candy Became America's Favorite Pleasure - Susan Benjamin
  16. The Blinding Knife - Brent Weeks
  17. The Blinding Knife - Brent Weeks - Counted as 2
  18. Foundation and Earth - Isaac Asimov
  19. The Broken Eye - Brent Weeks
  20. The Broken Eye - Brent Weeks - Counted as 2
  21. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft - Stephen King
  22. Carrie - Stephen King
  23. A Woman First: First Woman: A Memoir - Selina Meyer (David Mandel)
  24. The Blood Mirror - Brent Weeks
  25. The Blood Mirror - Brent Weeks - Counted as 2
  26. The Last Wish - Andrzej Sapkowski
  27. I Might Regret This - Abbi Jacobson
  28. The Talisman - Stephen King & Peter Straub
  29. The Talisman - Stephen King & Peter Straub - Counted as 2
  30. The Burning White - Brent Weeks - Counted as 2
  31. The Burning White - Brent Weeks - Counted as 2
  32. The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood
  33. Skyward - Brandon Sanderson
  34. Fire & Blood - George R. R. Martin
  35. Fire & Blood - George R. R. Martin - Counted as 2

Movies:
  1. Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (2018)
  2. Bird Box (2018)
  3. The Death of Stalin (2017)
  4. The Peanut Butter Solution (1985)
  5. Attack of the Beast Creatures (1985)
  6. The Mule (2018)
  7. FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019)
  8. Ready Player One (2018)
  9. Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018)
  10. Fyre Fraud (2019)
  11. Tokyo Gore Police (2008)
  12. The Pit (1981)
  13. Den of Thieves (2018)
  14. Ben and Arthur (2002)
  15. Glass (2019)
  16. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)
  17. Chupacabra vs. The Alamo (2013)
  18. Alita: Battle Angel (2019)
  19. Vampire's Kiss (1988)
  20. The Last Vampire On Earth (2010)
  21. Captain Marvel (2019)
  22. Trick or Treat (1986)
  23. Rock n' Roll Nightmare (1987)
  24. Best F(r)iends: Volume 2 (2018)
  25. Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
  26. Uninvited (1988)
  27. Us (2019)
  28. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse (2018)
  29. Super Troopers 2 (2018)
  30. Roller Blade (1986)
  31. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  32. 3 Dev Adam (1973)
  33. Future Cops (1993)
  34. Battlefield Earth (2000)
  35. Gotti (2018)
  36. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019)
  37. Jacob Two-Two Meets The Hooded Fang (1978)
  38. Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter (2001)
  39. The Stuff (1985)
  40. Rocketman (2019)
  41. Faust (2000)
  42. TerrorVision (1986)
  43. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
  44. Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood (2019)
  45. Things (1989)
  46. Deadly Prey (1987)
  47. Ice Cream Man (1995)
  48. Zombie Tidal Wave (2019)
  49. Good Boys (2019)
  50. Spaceballs (1987)
  51. Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (Turkish Star Wars) (1982)
  52. Upgrade (2018)
  53. El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)
  54. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
  55. Last Christmas (2019)
  56. A Star is Born (2018)
  57. Frozen 2 (2019)
  58. Knives Out (2019)
  59. Aladdin (2019)
  60. Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

2017 - 58/50 books | 81/50 movies
2018 - 33/50 books | 64/50 movies

Last edited:

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I failed on the books pretty badly in 2018, but succeeded on the movies. Ready to give it another try in 2019!

Henry Jones Jr - 7/50 books | 32/50 movies

Books:

1. Revival by Stephen King
  2. A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes
  3. The Common Good by Robert Reich
  4. The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump by Andrew McCabe
  5. On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft by Stephen King
  6. The Red and the Blue: The 1990s and the Birth of Political Tribalism by Steve Kornacki
  7. Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few by Robert Reich

Movies:
  1. Nocturnal Animals (2016)
  2. Peter Rabbit (2018)
  3. Despicable Me 3 (2017)
  4. Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (2016)
  5. From Russia with Love (1963)
  6. Goldfinger (1964)
  7. Thunderball (1965)
  8. You Only Live Twice (1967)
  9. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
  10. Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)
  11. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
  12. Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
  13. Our Idiot Brother (2011)
  14. Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008)
  15. Masterminds (2016)
  16. Captain Marvel (2019)
  17. The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
  18. Butter (2011)
  19. Not Another Teen Movie (2001)
  20. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (2005)
  21. True Memoirs of an International Assassin (2016)
  22. The Clapper (2017)
  23. The Polka King (2017)
  24. Guava Island (2019)
  25. The Switch (2010)
  26. The Last Laugh (2019)
  27. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  28. Knock Down the House (2019)
  29. Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019)
  30. Rim of the World (2019)
  31. Get Smart (2008)
  32. Peppermint (2018)

Last edited:

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
I vanished last year... I wish I'd kept going as this was a good way to track what I'd read and watched... Let's try this again!

Sputnik Sweetheart - 6/50 Books | 9/50 Movies

Books
1. Notes on a Nervous Planet - Matt Haig ★★★
2. The Thirteen Problems - Agatha Christie ★★
3. The Song of Achilles - Madeline Miller ★★★★★
----------------------------------------------------------------------
4. How to Be Human - Ruby Wax ★★
5. Blood, Sweat, and Pixels - Jason Schreier ★★★★
6. The Body Library - Jeff Noon ★★★

Movies
1. Annihilation (2018) ★★
2. American Psycho (2000) ★★★★
3. Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (2018) ★★
4. Baywatch (2017) ★★★
5. Clue (1985) ★★★
6. A Quiet Place (2018) ★★★★
----------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Velvet Buzzsaw (2019) ★★★
8. Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019) ★★★
9. Polar (2019) ★★

Last edited:

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I read a decent amount last year, but not enough!

SteveWinwood - 56/50 Books | 126/50 Movies

Books

1. How to Read Nancy: The Elements of Comics in Three Easy Panels (2017) - Mark Newgarden and Paul Karasik ★★★★
2. The Red Notebook (2014) - Antoine Laurain ★★★
3. The Art of War (~500 BC) - Sun Tzu ★★★
4. Mr. Beck's Underground Map (1994) - Ken Garland ★★★
5. Hope Never Dies (2018) - Andrew Shaffer ★★★
6. Borne (2017) - Jeff VanderMeer ★★★
7. The Strange Bird (2017) - Jeff VanderMeer ★★★
8. Gödel's Proof (1958) - Ernest Nagel and James R. Newman ★★★★
9. The Fifth Risk (2018) - Michael Lewis ★★★★
10. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry (2017) - Neil deGrasse Tyson ★★
11. Turing's Vision: The Birth of Computer Science (2016) - Chris Bernhardt ★★★
12. Science Breakthroughs to Advance Food and Agricultural Research by 2030 (2018) - National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine ★★
13. How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming (2010) - Michael Brown ★★★★
14. Sojourn in My Homeland (1956) - George Zotoff ★★★
15. The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (2009) - Jonas Jonasson ★★
16. Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made (2017) - Jason Schreier ★★★★
17. Brave New World (1932) - Aldous Huxley ★★★★
18. If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face?: My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating (2017) - Alan Alda ★★★
19. Scale: The Universal Laws of Growth, Innovation, Sustainability, and the Pace of Life in Organisms, Cities, Economies, and Companies (2017) - Geoffrey West ★★★★
20. The Road (2006) - Cormac McCarthy ★★★
21. The Dispatcher (2016) - John Scalzi ★★★
22. Letters to a Young Poet (1929) - Rainer Maria Rilke ★★★
23. The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1920) - Agatha Christie ★★★
24. The Murder on the Links (1922) - Agatha Christie ★★★
25. Poirot Investigates (1924) - Agatha Christie ★★★★
26. A Short History of Nearly Everything (2003) - Bill Bryson ★★★★★
27. House of Leaves (2000) - Mark Z. Danielewski ★★★★
28. How to Read Literature Like a Professor (2003) - Thomas C. Foster ★★★★
29. Genesis: The Deep Origin of Societies (2019) - Edward O. Wilson ★★★
30. Jokes and How to Tell Them (1963) - Larry Adler ★★
31. The Island Of Dr. Moreau (1896) - H. G. Wells ★★★
32. The Count of Monte Cristo (1844) - Alexander Dumas ★★★★★
33. Game Engine Black Book: Wolfenstein 3D (2017) - Fabien Sanglard ★★★★
34. Meditations (180) - Marcus Aurelius ★★★
35. This Is How You Lose the Time War (2019) - Amal El-Mohtar, Max Gladstone ★★★
36. Game Engine Black Book: Doom (2018) - Fabien Sanglard ★★★★
37. The Prince (1532) - Niccolo Machiavelli ★★★
38. Animal Farm (1945) - George Orwell ★★★★
39. East of Eden (1952) - John Steinbeck ★★★★★
40. Good Omens (1990) - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett ★★★★
41. The Bad Beginning (1999) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
42. The Reptile Room (1999) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
43. The Wide Window (2000) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
44. The Miserable Mill (2000) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
45. The Austere Academy (2000) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
46. The Ersatz Elevator (2001) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
47. The Vile Village (2001) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
48. The Hostile Hospital (2001) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
49. The Carnivorous Carnival (2002) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
50. The Slippery Slope (2003) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
51. The Grim Grotto (2004) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
52. The Penultimate Peril (2005) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
53. The End (2006) - Lemony Snicket ★★★
54. How To Write A Novel The Easy Way Using The Pulp Fiction Method To Write Better Novels (2014) - Jim Driver ★★
55. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (2000) - Stephen King ★★★★
56. Flash Boys (2014) - Michael Lewis ★★★★

Movies

1. Aquaman (2018) ★
2. Baby Mama (2008) ★★
3. Eighth Grade (2018) ★★★★
4. Scales: Mermaids Are Real (2017) ★
5. Fyre (2019) ★★★★
6. Fyre Fraud (2019) ★★★
7. Book Club (2018) ★★
8. Split (2017) ★★★★
9. Serenity (2019) ★
10. Glass (2019) ★★★★
11. The Addams Family (1991) ★★★
12. Bad Times at the El Royale (2018) ★★★
13. On the Basis of Sex (2018) ★★★
14. Can You Ever Forgive Me? (2018) ★★★★
15. The Wife (2017) ★★★★
16. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019) ★★
17. Behind the Curve (2018) ★★★
18. Captain Marvel (2019) ★★
19. Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) ★★
20. Suspiria (1977) ★★★
21. Suspiria (2018) ★★★
22. Second Act (2018) ★
23. The Lure (2015) ★★★
24. The Tale of Zatoichi (1962) ★★★★
25. Blood Simple (1984) ★★★★★
26. Legally Blonde (2001) ★★
27. Avengers: Endgame (2019) ★★★★
28. Chungking Express (1994) ★★★
29. Overboard (2018) ★
30. The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) ★★★★
31. The Ugly Truth (2009) ★
32. The Love Witch (2016) ★★★
33. Paths of Glory (1957) ★★★★★
34. The Elephant Man (1980) ★★★★
35. I Saw the Devil (2010) ★★★★
36. Wine Country (2019) ★★
37. Hollywood Shuffle (1987) ★★★
38. Alien: Covenant (2017) ★★
39. Jacob's Ladder (1990) ★★★★
40. Monsieur Hulot's Holiday (1953) ★★★★
41. In a Lonely Place (1950) ★★★★
42. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001) ★★★★
43. Murder Mystery (2019) ★★
44. Mr. Magoo (1997) ★★
45. Sky High (2005) ★★
46. Experiment in Terror (1962) ★★★
47. Ace in the Hole (1951) ★★★★★
48. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) ★★★★
49. Bottle Rocket (1996) ★★★★
50. Safety Last! (1923) ★★★★
51. Midsommar (2019) ★★★★
52. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) ★
53. Mother (1996) ★★★
54. Ex Machina (2014) ★★★★
55. Dead Ringers (1988) ★★★★
56. Easy Rider (1969) ★★★
57. Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) ★★★
58. The Hitch-Hiker (1953) ★★★
59. Midnight Cowboy (1969) ★★★★
60. The Night of the Hunter (1955) ★★★★
61. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016) ★★★
62. Descendants (2015) ★
63. Descendants 2 (2017) ★
64. Descendants 3 (2019) ★
65. Police Story (1985) ★★★★
66. True Stories (1986) ★★★★
67. Harold and Maude (1971) ★★★
68. Bone Tomahawk (2015) ★★★★★
69. The House Bunny (2008) ★
70. Long Shot (2019) ★★
71. Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008) ★★
72. Police Story 2 (1988) ★★★★
73. Mia and the White Lion (2018) ★★
74. The Witches of Eastwick (1987) ★★★
75. Upstream Color (2013) ★★★★
76. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966) ★★★★
77. The Red Shoes (1948) ★★★★★
78. The Bed Sitting Room (1969) ★★
79. The Knack... and How to Get It (1965) ★★
80. High Noon (1952) ★★★★
81. The African Queen (1951) ★★★
82. The Vikings (1958) ★★★★
83. Time Bandits (1981) ★★★★
84. Ed Wood (1994) ★★★★
85. Cat People (1942) ★★★
86. The Blob (1958) ★★★
87. The Tale of Zatoitchi Continues (1962) ★★★★
88. The Shooting (1966) ★★★★
89. Charlie's Angels (2000) ★
90. Hot Rod (2007) ★★★
91. The Proposal (2009) ★★
92. The Third Man (1949) ★★★★
93. No Greater Glory (1934) ★★★★★
94. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) ★
95. The Lighthouse (2019) ★★★★★
96. Last Christmas (2019) ★★★
97. Noelle (2019) ★★★
98. Jojo Rabbit (2019) ★★★★
99. The Wicker Man (1973) ★★★
100. The Man in the White Suit (1951) ★★★★
101. Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) ★★★
102. Five Easy Pieces (1970) ★★★
103. The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) ★★★
104. Marwencol (2010) ★★★
105. The Lady and The Tramp (2019) ★
106. The Knight Before Christmas (2019) ★
107. Parasite (2019) ★★★★★
108. The Captain's Paradise (1953) ★★★
109. Frozen 2 (2019) ★★★
110. Muppet Treasure Island (1996) ★★★
111. Stalag 17 (1953) ★★★★
112. Knives Out (2019) ★★★
113. Marathon Man (1976) ★★★
114. Klaus (2019) ★★★★★
115. The Shop Around the Corner (1940) ★★★★
116. Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009) ★
117. A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby (2019) ★
118. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) ★★
119. Persepolis (2007) ★★★★
120. Krampus (2015) ★★★★
121. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) ★★★★
122. Underground 6 (2019) ★
123. The Devil's Backbone (2001) ★★★★
124. Freaks (1932) ★★★
125. Face in the crowd (1957) ★★★★
126. Movie 43 (2013) ★

Last edited:

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Let's do this. Is there an easy way to find each other on goodreads? I made an account today.

Cloud-Hidden - 0/50 books | 0/50 movies

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fatyoshi - 17/50 books | 164/50 movies

Books:

January:

February:
1. A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara - ★★★​
2. Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl - Carrie Brownstein - ★★★​
3. The Gone Away Place - Christopher Barzak - ★★½​

March:
4. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro - ★★½​
5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli - ★★½​
6. Battle Royale - Koushun Takami - ★★★​
7. One of Us is Lying - Karen M. McManus - ★​

April:

May:
8. Queer X Design: 50 Years of Signs, Symbols, Banners, Logos, and Graphic Art of LGBTQ - Andy Campbell - ★★★★​
9. Halloween: The Official Movie Novelization - John Passarella - ★★​
10. Lord of the Flies - William Golding - ★★½​
11. The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro - ★★★★​

June:
12. The Talented Mr. Ripley - Patricia Highsmith - ★★​
13. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan - ★★★★​

July:
14. Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made - Jason Schreier - ★★★½​
15. Leah on the Offbeat - Becky Albertalli - ★★​
16. Seventeen - Hideo Yokoyama - ★★★★​

August:
17. The Dangerous Art of Blending In - Angelo Surmelis - ½​

September:

Movies:
January:
1. Diabolique (1955) - Henri-Georges Clouzot - ★★★★​
2. The Bad Seed (1956) - Mervyn LeRoy - ★★★½​
3. Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (2005) - Michael LaBash, Anthony Leondis - ★★​
4. The Depths (2011) - Ryūsuke Hamaguchi - ★★​
5. Dracula (1992) - Francis Ford Coppola - ★★★​
6. A Cure for Wellness (2017) - Gore Verbinski - ★½​
7. Stitch! The Movie (2003) - Tony Craig, Roberts Gannaway - ★★½​
8. Priest (1994) - Antonia Bird - ★★★​
9. Leroy & Stitch (2006) - Roberts Gannaway, Tony Craig - ★★​
10. Ghostland (2018) - Pascal Laugier - ★★​
11. Eight Legged Freaks (2002) - Ellory Elkayem - ★½​
12. Kaboom (2010) - Gregg Araki - ★★★½​
13. Cthulhu (2007) - Dan Gildark - ★★★​

February:
14. Winchester (2018) - Peter Spierig, Michael Spierig - ★​
15. Otto; or, Up with Dead People (2008) - Bruce LaBruce - ★★★½​
16. Open Hearts (2002) - Susanne Bier - ★★★½​
17. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) - Patrick Tatopoulos - ★½​
18. Witchery (1988) - Fabrizio Laurenti - ★★½​
19. Ultraviolet (2006) - Kurt Wimmer - ★​
20. Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) - Jack Arnold - ★★★​
21. Smiley Face (2007) - Gregg Araki - ★★★​
22. Underworld: Awakening (2012) - Måns Mårlind, Björn Stein - ★½​
23. Underworld: Blood Wars (2017) - Anna Foerster - ★​
24. The Salesman (2016) - Asghar Farhadi - ★★★★½​
25. Red Sparrow (2018) - Francis Lawrence - ★​
26. Suspiria (2018) - Luca Guadagnino - ★​
27. The Tribes of Palos Verdes (2017) - Brendan Malloy, Emmett Malloy - ★★​
28. 'My Brother the Devil' (2012) - Sally El Hosaini - ★★★½​
29. I Remember You (2017) - Óskar Thór Axelsson - ★★★​
30. Saturday Church (2017) - Damon Cardasis - ★★½​
31. Columbus (2017) - Kogonada - ★★★★​

March:
32. M.F.A. (2017) - Natalia Leite - ★★★​
33. Thoroughbreds (2017) - Cory Finley - ★★★​
34. Annihilation (2018) - Alex Garland - ★★★​
35. First Reformed (2018) - Paul Schrader - ★★★★½​
36. Happy Death Day 2U (2019) - Christopher Landon - ★★★★​
37. Tiger Orange (2014) - Wade Gasque - ★½​
38. 52 Tuesdays (2013) - Sophie Hyde - ★★½​
39. Burning (2018) - Lee Chang-dong - ★★★★★​
40. Blockers (2018) - Kay Cannon - ★★★​
41. Revenge (2017) - Coralie Fargeat - ★​
42. Tully (2018) - Jason Reitman - ★★★★​
43. Greta (2019) - Neil Jordan - ★★★½​
44. Bully (2001) - Larry Clark - ★★​
45. Ocean's Eight (2018) - Gary Ross - ★★★​
46. Deadpool 2 (2018) - David Leitch - ★★​
47. Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror (2019) - Xavier Burgin - ★★★★​
48. Beast (2018) - Michael Pearce - ★★★​
49. In the Grayscale (2015) - Claudio Marcone - ★★½​
50. Derek (2008) - Isaac Julien, Bernard Rose - ★★★​
51. Wait Until Dark (1967) - Terence Young - ★★★★​
52. Hot Summer Nights (2017) - Elijah Bynum - ★★​
53. Annabelle: Creation (2018) - David F. Sandberg - ★★½​
54. Clouds of Sils Maria (2014) - Olivier Assayas - ★★★​
55. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) - Robert Fuest - ★★★½​
56. Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972) - Robert Fuest - ★★★​
57. The Sentinel (1977) - Michael Winner - ★★★​
58. Dark Ride (2006) - Craig Singer - ★★​
59. The Hamiltons (2006) - Mitchell Altieri, Phil Flores - ★★​
60. Shoplifters (2018) - Hirokazu Kore-eda - ★★★★​

April:
61. Us (2019) - Jordan Peele - ★★★★½​
62. Color Me Blood Red (1965) - Herschell Gordon Lewis - ★★½​
63. Penny Dreadful (2006) - Richard Brandes - ★​
64. Cabin Fever: Patient Zero (2014) - Kaare Andrews - ½​
65. Bloody Murder (2000) - Ralph E. Portillo - ★★​
66. If Beale Street Could Talk (2018) - Barry Jenkins - ★★★★​
67. House (1977) - Nobuhiko Ōbayashi - ★★★★½​
68. Fögi Is a Bastard (1998) - Marcel Gisler - ★★★​
69. Antarctica (2008) - Yair Hochner - ★★​
70. Ringu 0 (2000) - Norio Tsurata - ★★​
71. Skyscraper (2018) - Rawson Marshall Thurber - ★★​
72. He's Out There (2018) - Quinn Lasher - ★​
73. The Woods (2006) - Lucky McKee - ★★★​
74. Ju-on: The Grudge 2 (2003) - Takashi Shimizu - ★★★​
75. Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) - Ron Howard - ★​
76. The Night Eats the World (2018) - Dominique Rocher - ★★½​
77. Night of the Demons (1988) - Kevin Tenney - ★★★​
78. The Devil's Doorway (2018) - Aislinn Clarke - ★★★​
79. Wicked Little Things (2006) - J. S. Cardone - ★★½​
80. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman - ★★★★½​

May:
81. Slender Man (2018) - Sylvain White - ★½​
82. Patient Zero (2018) - Stefan Ruzowitzky - ★​
83. Never Goin' Back (2018) - Augustine Frizzell - ★★★★​
84. Our House (2018) - Anthony Scott Burns - ★★​
85. Incredibles 2 (2018) - Brad Bird - ★★​
86. Mara (2018) - Clive Tonge - ★​
87. The Happytime Murders (2018) - Brian Henson - ½​
88. Little Women (2018) - Clare Niederpruem - ★★​
89. Assassination Nation (2018) - Sam Levinson - ★​
90. Venom (2018) - Ruben Fleischer - ★★​
91. The Nun (2018) - Corin Hardy - ★​
92. A Simple Favor (2018) - Paul Feig - ★★★★​
93. The House with a Clock in Its Walls (2018) - Eli Roth - ★★½​
94. Tales from the Hood 2 (2018) - Rusty Cundieff, Darin Scott - ½​
95. The Predator (2018) - Shane Black - ½​
96. Boy Erased (2018) - Joel Edgerton - ★★​
97. Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (2018) - Ari Sandel - ★★​
98. Certain Women (2016) - Kelly Reichardt - ★★★★★​
99. The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018) - Fede Alvarez - ★★​
100. Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019) - Joe Berlinger - ★★​
101. Good Time (2017) - Benny Safdie, Josh Safdie - ★★★★​
102. Boundaries (2018) - Shana Feste - ★★½​
103. The Grinch (2018) - Yarrow Cheney, Scott Mosier - ★★​
104. Mandy (2018) - Panos Cosmatos - ★★​
105. The Ornithologist (2016) - João Pedro Rodrigues - ★★★½​
106. The Phantom (2000) - João Pedro Rodrigues - ★★★★​
107. The Hate U Give (2018) - George Tillman, Jr. - ★★★​
108. Widows (2018) - Steve McQueen - ★★★½​

June:
109. Plan B (2009) - Marco Berger - ★★★​
110. The Watermelon Woman (1996) - Cheryl Dunye - ★★★★★​
111. Personal Best (1982) - Robert Towne - ★★★​
112. The Cakemaker (2017) - Ofir Raul Graizer - ★★★½​
113. Ma (2019) - Tate Taylor - ★★★½​
114. Dream On (2013) - Lloyd Eyre-Morgan - ★★½​

July:
115. Midsommar (2019) - Ari Aster - ★★★★½​
116. Wendy and Lucy (2008) - Kelly Reichardt - ★★★★​
117. Like Father, Like Son (2013) - Hirokazu Kore-eda - ★★★★½​
118. Crawl (2019) - Alexandre Aja - ★★★​
119. Chronic (2015) - Michel Franco - ★★½​
120. After the Storm (2016) - Hirokazu Kore-eda - ★★★★​
121. Born in Flames (1983) - Lizzie Borden - ★★★★★​
122. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) - Miloš Forman - ★½​
123. Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (2007) - Colin Strause, Greg Strause - ½​
124. Annabelle Comes Home (2019) - Gary Dauberman - ★½​
125. Mother (2009) - Bong Joon-ho - ★★★★½​

August:
126. The Alchemist Cookbook (2016) - Joel Potrykus - ★★★★½​
127. Arachnophobia (1990) - Frank Marshall - ★★★​
128. Theatre of Blood (1973) - Douglas Hickox - ★★★★​
129. Madhouse (1974) - Jim Clark - ★★½​
130. Amityville 3-D (1983) - Richard Fleischer - ★½​
131. Pick Me Up (2006) - Larry Cohen - ★★★​
132. The Stuff (1985) - Larry Cohen - ★★★​
133. Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College (1991) - John Carl Buechler - ★★​
134. Ab-normal Beauty (2004) - Oxide Pang Chun - ★★½​
135. Alléluia (2014) - Fabrice Du Welz - ★★★½​
136. Always Shine (2016) - Sophia Takal - ★★★★​
137. And Soon the Darkness (1970) - Robert Fuest - ★★★½​
138. The Perfection (2019) - Richard Shepard - ★½​
139. Let Me In (2010) - Matt Reeves - ★★★​
140. Bride of Re-Animator (1989) - Brian Yuzna - ★★​
141. The House on Sorority Row (1983) - Mark Rosman - ★★★½​

September:
142. Maniac (1934) - Dwain Esper - ★​
143. I Can See You (2008) - Graham Reznick - ★★★​
144. Schizo (1976) - Pete Walker - ★★½​
145. Tales from the Hood (1995) - Rusty Cundieff - ★★★★½​
146. Death Ship (1980) - Alvin Rakoff - ★★★​
147. Dead of Night (1945) - Robert Hamer, Basil Dearden, Charles Crichton, Alberto Cavalcanti - ★★★​
148. Society (1989) - Brian Yuzna - ★★★★​
149. Murder Obsession (1981) - Riccardo Freda - ★★★​
150. The Driller Killer (1979) - Abel Ferrara - ★★★½​
151. Basket Case (1982) - Frank Henenlotter - ★★★★​
152. Saturday the 14th (1981) - Howard R. Cohen - ★★​
153. Escape Room (2019) - Adam Robitel - ★★​
154. The Ritual (2017) - David Bruckner - ★★★​
155. Hobgoblins (1988) - Rick Sloane - ★★​
156. The Spiral Staircase (1945) - Robert Siodmak - ★★★★​
157. Alucarda (1977) - Juan López Moctezuma - ★★★★​
158. A Bucket of Blood (1959) - Roger Corman - ★★★★​
159. Thirst (1979) - Rod Hardy - ★★★​
160. A Bay of Blood (1971) - Mario Bava - ★★★★​
161. Bite Marks (2011) - Mark Bessenger - ½​
162. Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes (2006) - Jake West - ★½​
163. Pet Sematary (2019) - Dennis Widmyer, Kevin Kevin Kölsch - ★½​
164. Witchboard (1986) - Kevin Tenney - ★★½​

Links:

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm gonna' do it this year. I know I read 54 books last year, but don't know how many new movies I watched, though it might've been close.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
jcs - 50/50 books | 104/50 movies

Books

1) Dürer by Norbert Wolf
2) King Lear by William Shakespeare
3) Early Victorian Britain by JFC Harrison
4) Titian by Charles Hope
5) Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King
6) Charm by Stephen Bayley
7) Coffee by Jonathan Morris
8) GTD by David Allen
9) A Monk's Guide to A Clean House & Mind by Shoukei Matsumoto
10) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
11) Hyperfocus by Chris Bailey
12) Productivity Project, The by Chris Bailey
13) From El Greco to Goya by Janis Tomlinson
14) Atomic Habits by James Clear
15) Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
16) Managing Oneself by Peter Drucker
17) Caravaggio by Eberhard Konig
18) One Thing, The by Gary Keller
19) Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr
20) Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King
21) Pleasures of Reading in an Age of Distraction, The by Alan Jacobs
22) Film Noir by Alain Silver
23) Caravaggio: A Passionate Life
24) All Things Made New: The Reformation and Its Legacy
25) Chronicle of the Crusades, A
26) Girl with a Pearl Earring: Dutch Paintings from the Mauritshuis
27) Essays in Idleness and Hôjôki
28) Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal
29) Ties that Bound, The by Barbara A. Hanawalt
30) Titan by Ron Chernow
31) Birth of Classical Europe, The by Simon Price and Peter Thonemann
32) Caravaggio by Andrew Graham-Dixon
33) Art of Thinking Freely by Andrew Curran
34) Storm Before the Storm, The by Mike Duncan
35) Pere Goriot by Balzac
36) An Elegant Madness by Venetia Murray
37) New Grub Street by George Gissing
38) Language of Houses, The by Alison Lurie
39) How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci by Michael Gelb
40) Pieter Bruegel and the Idea of Human Nature by Elizabeth Alice Honig
41) A Little History of the World by Ernst Gombrich
42) Pragmatic Programmer, The by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas
43) Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt
44) Young Orson by Patrick McGilligan
45) From Bauhaus to Our House by Tom Wolfe
46) Lafayette by Gonzague Saint Bris
47) Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut
48) How to Do Nothing by Jenny Odell
49) Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
50) Vivian Meier: Street Phorography

Movies

1) His Girl Friday
2) Shoplifters
3) Awful Truth, The
4) Inn at Osaka, A
5) Monkey Business
6) My Name is Julia Ross
7) Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice, The
8) Mildred Pierce
9) Detour
10) Spring in a Small Town
11) Picture of Dorian Gray, The
12) Wrong Man, The
13) Mikey and Nicky
14) Mr Thank You
15) Ornamental Hairpin
16) Suspicion
17) Children in the Wind
18) Mr. Shosuke Ohara
19) Tokyo Profile
20) Killers, The
21) Japanese Girls at the Harbor
22) The Earrings of Madame de…
23) You Only Live Once
25) Postman Always Rings Twice, The
26) Adam's Rib
27) Arsenic and Old Lace
28) Our Hospitality
29) On Dangerous Ground
30) Plunder Road
31) High Sierra
32) A Summer at Grandpa's
33) Third Man, The
34) Public Enemy, The
35) Hangover Square
36) Yoyo
37) Stranger, The
38) I Was a Male War Bride
39) A Time to Live, a Time to Die
40) Dust in the Wind
41) Panic
42) Young Mr. Lincoln
43) In the Heat of the Night
44) Force of Evil
45) Pickup on South Street
46) Yi Yi
47) Bicycle Thieves
48) Story of the Last Chrysanthemum, The
49) Nightfall
50) Murder, My Sweet
51) Taipei Story
52) Divorce Italian Style
53) Human Condition: No Greater Love
54) Human Condition: Road to Eternity
55) Human Condition: A Soldier's Prayer
56) Executioner, The
57) Woman in the Window, The
58) Mid 90s
59) Raging Bull
60) Gosford Park
61) Cléo from 5 to 7
62) Stalag 17
63) To Be or Not To be
64) In Search of Ozu
65) Ghost Dog
66) Nashville
67) MASH
68) Midnight Cowboy
69) Boy
70) Ball of Fire
71) Lady from Shanghai, The
72) Battleship Potemkin
73) Chinatown
74) Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
75) Mean Streets
76) Once Upon a Time in America
77) L'Atalante
78) Christopher Robin
79) Chimes at Midnight
80) Ballad of Buster Scruggs, The
81) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
82) Good Will Hunting
83) Battle of Algiers, The
84) Fallen Angels
85) Burn After Reading
86) Sullivan's Travels
87) Loqueesha
88) Great Train Robbery, The
89) Man with a Movie Camera
90) Certified Copy
91) All About Eve
92) Taste of Cherry
93) Pitfall
94) Criss Cross
95) Barcelona
96) Last Days of Disco, The
97) Dog Day Afternoon, A
98) Mirror
99) The Immortal Story
100) Floating Clouds
101) Pope of Greenwich Village, The
102) Some Came Running
103) Easy Rider
104) Suzaki Paradise: Red Light

--

Letterboxd

Last edited:

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
Lost count of films halfway last time, but far exceeded my goals. Gonna get back to 50+ books. Had read 80 something the year before so totally doable.

Jet Set Soul's 50 Books

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in - will edit and format later because mobile at the moment. I don't think I will manage movies, as I'm much more of a show watcher, but I'm all over the books and might as well try for movies.

Hope I did this right!

Dr. Monkey - 4/50 Books, 4/50 Movies/Seasons
Books
1. Bird Box by Josh Malerman ★★★
2. The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell ★★★
3. Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwell ★★★
4. Computer Games and Technical Communication: Critical Methods and Applications at the Intersection by Jennifer de Winter and Ryan Moeller ★★★★
5. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens ★★★★★

Movies/Seasons
1. Bandersnatch ★★★
2. Bird Box ★★★
3. Steven Universe (2 seasons catchup) ★★★★★
4. Slasher, season 1 ★★
5. The Last Kingdom, season 1 ★★★
6. Russian Doll, season 1 ★★★★★

for my reference:

★★
★★★
★★★★
★★★★★

Last edited:

Mr. Doop

Oct 25, 2017
Always love doing this. I kind of stopped reading over the past couple of months, and I don't see myself having that much time to get anything done in the near future, but I would love to try again.

Mr. Doop - 4/50 books | 35/50 movies

Books:

1. The Chapo Guide to Revolution - Chapo Trapo House (2018) - Jan. 8
2. Siddhartha - Herman Hesse (1922) - Apr. 14
3. Atonement - Ian McEwan (2001) - Apr. 17
4. Mumbo Jumbo - Ishmael Reed (1972) - July 23

Movies:
1. The Apartment (1960) - Jan. 5
2. The Pervert's Guide to Ideology (2013) - Jan. 16
3. Eighth Grade (2018) - Jan. 18
4. Fyre (2019) - Jan. 19
5. The Big Lebowski (1998) - Jan. 20
6. Fyre Fraud (2019) - Jan. 26
7. The Favourite (2018) - Jan. 27
8. A Clockwork Orange (1971) - Jan. 28
9. Ma Vie En Rose (1997) - Feb. 4
10. Annie Hall (1977) - Feb. 8
11. A Doll's House (1973) - Mar. 6
12. Captain Marvel (2019) - Mar. 8
13. Us (2019) - Mar. 22
14. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Mar. 23
15. Inherent Vice (2014) - Mar. 30
16. Whale Rider (2002) - Apr. 25
17. Avengers: Endgame (2019) - Apr. 26
18. Persona (1966) - Apr. 27
19. Harakiri (1962) - May 10
20. Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) - June 20
21. Toy Story 4 (2019) - June 20
22. Spider-man: Far From Home (2019) - July 2
23. Paris, Texas (1984) - July 21
24. The Thing (1982) - July 25
25. Raising Arizona (1987) - July 25
26. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007) - July 26
27. Call Me by Your Name (2017) - July 26
28. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - (2019) - July 26
29. Lost Highway (1996) - July 29
30. Steven Universe: The Movie (2019) - Sept. 3
31. Tampopo (1985) - Sept. 4
32. Ugetsu (1953) - Sept. 7
33. The Squid and the Whale (2005) - Sept. 10
34. Psycho (1960) - Oct. 26
35. Parasite (2019) - Oct. 26

Last edited:

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
2018 Challenge

Atraveller - 28/50 books | 147/50 movies

Movies:
  1. Leave No Trace (2018)
  2. Scrooge (1951)
  3. Eighth Grade (2018)
  4. Cold War (2018)
  5. Thunder Road (2018)
  6. One Cut of the Dead (2018)
  7. Suspiria (2018)
  8. Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019)
  9. The Favourite (2018)
  10. Thoroughbreds (2017)
  11. The Last Witch Hunter (2015)
  12. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019)
  13. Swiss Army Man (2016)
  14. Alita: Battle Angel (2019)
  15. Coraline (2009)
  16. The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)
  17. McLaren (2017)
  18. Williams (2017)
  19. Icarus (2017)
  20. Isn't it Romantic (2019)
  21. Captain Marvel (2019)
  22. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  23. Shoplifters (2018)
  24. Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
  25. Yojimbo (1961)
  26. Aquaman (2018)
  27. Senna (2010)
  28. Apollo 11 (2019)
  29. Bumblebee (2018)
  30. Free Solo (2018)
  31. They Shall Not Grow Old (2018)
  32. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition (2001)
  33. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  34. Alien (1979)
  35. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition (2002)
  36. Aliens (1986)
  37. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended Edition (2003)
  38. Pokémon Detective Pikachu (2019)
  39. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019)
  40. The Princess Bride (1987)
  41. High Life (2018)
  42. Night is Short, Walk on Girl (2017)
  43. Knock Down the House (2019)
  44. Song of the Sea (2014)
  45. Christine (2016)
  46. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)
  47. Missing Link (2019)
  48. The Princess and The Frog (2009)
  49. Game of Thrones: The Last Watch (2019)
  50. Booksmart (2019)
  51. Lovesong (2016)
  52. Fighting With My Family (2019)
  53. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
  54. For the Love of Spock (2016)
  55. Being John Malkovich (1999)
  56. Us (2019)
  57. Jackie (2016)
  58. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)
  59. Rocketman (2019)
  60. Toy Story 4 (2019)
  61. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (1997)
  62. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
  63. Shazam (2019)
  64. Shin Godzilla (2016)
  65. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
  66. Parasite (2019)
  67. I Am Mother (2019)
  68. Midsommar (2019)
  69. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (2013)
  70. Wild Rose (2019)
  71. Spartacus (1960)
  72. Braveheart (1995)
  73. Jackie Brown (1997)
  74. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)
  75. The Great Hack (2019)
  76. Extreme Job (2019)
  77. Burn After Reading (2008)
  78. The Farewell (2019)
  79. Millennium Actress (2001)
  80. Tokyo Story (1953)
  81. Throne of Blood (1957)
  82. Look Who's Back (2015)
  83. Moonlight (2016)
  84. Steven Universe: The Movie (2019)
  85. Within Our Gates (1920)
  86. Horror of Dracula (1958)
  87. The Immigrant (1917)
  88. The Circus (1928)
  89. Eyes Without A Face (1960)
  90. The General (1926)
  91. Shoulder Arms (1918)
  92. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
  93. Cops (1922)
  94. Male and Female (1919)
  95. Onibaba (1964)
  96. Ad Astra (2019)
  97. Red Dust (1932)
  98. Peeping Tom (1960)
  99. Gods and Monsters (1998)
  100. Angels With Dirty Faces (1938)
  101. Midnight Cowboy (1969)
  102. Black Christmas (1974)
  103. Joker (2019)
  104. The Plow That Broke The Plains (1936)
  105. The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
  106. The Girl Who Knew Too Much (1963)
  107. American Factory (2019)
  108. Ringu (1998)
  109. Zombieland: Double Tap(2019)
  110. The Lighthouse (2019)
  111. Mickey and the Bear (2019)
  112. The Negro Soldier (1944)
  113. Stormy Weather (1943)
  114. The Babadook (2014)
  115. Dead Calm (1989)
  116. Jojo Rabbit (2019)
  117. Bataan (1943)
  118. The Battle of San Pietro (1945)
  119. His Girl Friday (1940)
  120. Tigers Are Not Afraid (2019)
  121. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
  122. Honey Boy (2019)
  123. Meshes of the Afternoon (1943)
  124. The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946)
  125. Naina (2005)
  126. The Pervert's Guide to Ideology (2012)
  127. Salt of the Earth (1954)
  128. Last Christmas (2019)
  129. On the Waterfront (1954)
  130. For Sama (2019)
  131. A Face in the Crowd (1957)
  132. Trollhunter (2010)
  133. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019)
  134. Blood and Black Lace (1964)
  135. The Apartment (1960)
  136. Frozen II (2019)
  137. The Irishman (2019)
  138. Knives Out (2019)
  139. Under the Shadow (2016)
  140. Imitation of Life (1959)
  141. Rebel Without A Cause (1955)
  142. Uncut Gems (2019)
  143. Egomaniac (2016)
  144. Evil Dead (2013)
  145. I Lost My Body (2019)
  146. The Lives of Others (2006)
  147. Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019)

Books:
  1. Excession - Iain M. Banks
  2. The Art of Coco
  3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie
  4. On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction - William Zinsser
  5. Inversions - Iain M. Banks
  6. How Democracies Die - Steven Levitsky, Daniel Ziblatt
  7. Look to Windward - Iain M. Banks
  8. Free Culture: The Nature and Future of Creativity - Lawrence Lessig
  9. 黑澤明: 電影天皇 - 焦雄屏
  10. Fire & Blood - George R. R. Martin
  11. Matter - Iain M. Banks
  12. Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion - Chris Wraight
  13. The Elements of Style - William Strunk Jr.
  14. 映像台灣 - 焦雄屏
  15. Useless Magic - Florence Welch
  16. Surface Detail - Iain M. Banks
  17. The Hydrogen Sonata - Iain M. Banks
  18. The Three-Body Problem - Liu Cixin
  19. Artificial Condition - Martha Wells
  20. She Comes First: The Thinking Man's Guide to Pleasuring a Woman - Ian Kerner
  21. Envisioning Taiwan: Fiction, Cinema, and the Nation in the Cultural Imaginary - June Yip
  22. Exhalations: Stories - Ted Chiang
  23. The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss - Dr. Jason Fung
  24. Online TV - Catherine Johnson
  25. A Memory Called Empire - Arcady Martine
  26. Netflix Nations: The Geography of Digital Distribution - Ramon Lobato
  27. The Color of Magic - Terry Pratchett
  28. Circe - Madeline Miller

Last edited:
OP
OP
EverythingShiny
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know! Also, suggestions are welcome. I'm going to add a few pieces on recommended resources (i.e. sales, checking your local libraries - they have movies too! - and recommendation threads.)

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
Did great last year (some 50 books and 200+ films) but didn't know about the challenge. In for this one!

Saudade - 10/50 Books | 41/50 Films

Books:

1. Cléo de 5 à 7 by Steven Ungar
  2. Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink
  3. King Hu's A Touch of Zen by Stephen Teo
  4. Mabel Cheung Yuen-Ting's An Autumn's Tale by Staci Ford
  5. John Woo's The Killer by Kenneth E. Hall
  6. Stanley Kwan's Center Stage by Mette Hjort
  7. Fruit Chan's Made in Hong Kong by Esther M.K. Cheung
  8. Fruit Chan's Durian Durian by Wendy Gan
  9. Ann Hui's Song of the Exile by Audrey Yue
  10. Wong Kar-wai's Ashes of Time by Wimal Dissanayake

Films:

1. To Live (1994)
  2. Raise the Red Lantern (1991)
  3. House of Flying Daggers (2004)
  4. Pelle the Conqueror (1987)
  5. Babette's Feast (1987)
  6. The Celebration (1998)
  7. Breaking the Waves (1996)
  8. Dancer in the Dark (2000)
  9. Antichrist (2009)
  10. Melancholia (2011)
  11. Dragon Inn (1967)
  12. A Touch of Zen (1971)
  13. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978)
  14. An Autumn's Tale (1987)
  15. The Way of the Dragon (1972)
  16. Enter the Dragon (1973)
  17. The Killer (1989)
  18. Hard Boiled (1992)
  19. Comrades: Almost a Love Story (1996)
  20. The Goddess (1934)
  21. Center Stage (1991)
  22. Street Angel (1937)
  23. The Love Eterne (1963)
  24. Made in Hong Kong (1997)
  25. Durian Durian (2000)
  26. God of Killers (1981)
  27. Boat People (1982)
  28. Song of the Exile (1990)
  29. Summer Snow (1995)
  30. A Simple Life (2011)
  31. As Tears Go By (1988)