• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Saw this hit my timeline earlier; 505 is partnering with girl streamers to stream Control first, in celebration of Women's Equality Day, which is on Monday the 26th.

While there are quite a bit of supportive/positive tweets for the partnerships (which were mostly for Saturday and Sunday), that didn't stop what sure seems to be a lot of male Twitter users from brigading things/claiming sexism; some examples below.

2ZUqWBv.png

rG1zKpX.png

HP8kEbF.png

This response reminds me quite a bit of when Wonder Woman had women-only screenings, and is even sillier than that instance, to be frank

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, It's exactly what I thought.

I also Remember that Wonder Woman screening. The response to that was awful.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The toxic masculinity of straight men is a threat to all progress in the world, and nowhere is that more obvious than gaming.

It needs to be called out and crushed at every opportunity.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
You'll always get comments like those, that's the internet, but it's just a small noisy group

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine ever being such a sad sack that even a single cell in my body would be bothered in any way by this.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Ninja doesn't stream with women

THATS HIS RIGHT, HE CAN CHOOSE TO DO WHAT HE WANTS!!!

505 Partners with Gamer Girls for Control Stream

SEX DISCRIMINATION!!!

Somebody get these mofos some Pampers

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Course I just saw Sloot streaming Control on Twitch right now, so these Twitter idiots are whining about nothing. Unless bald Canadian men don't count.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Course I just saw Sloot streaming Control on Twitch right now, so these Twitter idiots are whining about nothing. Unless bald Canadian men don't count.

Basically 505 spotlighted the women streamers first, but also let other partners stream as well, so if there was a moment where it was only the girls streaming, it was probably like..an hour?

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Basically 505 spotlighted the women streamers first, but also let other partners stream as well, so if there was a moment where it was only the girls streaming, it was probably like..an hour?
Probably 7-8 hours. I saw these select streamers yesterday morning (CET), while every other journalist/streamer was allowed to do it since 6PM CET yesterday.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I consider 505 Games to be a bad company for their poor regional pricing tactics, so I don't want to give them too much credit, but this campaign still a good thing. I can say those who have a problem with female streamers getting involved are either missing the point or just sexist.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
lemme tell ya these milquetoast white dudes sure are angry about trying to put the spotlight on people other than the vast swath of milquetoast white dudes you see literally everywhere in streaming

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This program is pretty cool though it still kinda sucks that having a female protagonist is still a noteworthy thing (I assume Control having a female protagonist is related to the idea behind this campaign).

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "I know a woman in real life and even she is against this!" comments always make me laugh in real life. These men couldn't be more fucking pathetic even if they tried.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Two male streamers I watch on the regular had Control too. Just going to twitch shows it. Why can't we ever have nice promotions without the sexism, racism and gamers "rising up" to be shitty online

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
One of the Let's Players frequently watch got to show the game early too.

Today I noticed two aggressive comments in the comments section - which is usually a very positive place.

So these people are not only complaining, they are now also harassing people.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
These people are so fucking sensitive and whiny. My god. Imagine getting upset over this? It's embarrassing.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
As sure as the sun will rise, some pathetic men will start forming tears whenever a woman is mentioned in any position of favour or strength.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Why are some men so angry.

I don't get it. But maybe's its a good thing I don't understand.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
I know it's wrong of me to say it and that you shouldn't judge people by their looks, but those with photos look exactly like I'd expect them to look.