• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Thought it might interest some people. From the latest Capcom TV:

Looks like the PS4/X1 version to me, but it'll be hard to talk about the real differences until it's out I guess.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That looks great! Still a little on the fence about it, how difficult is Dragon's Dogma?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Its easy to hate on Capcom on Switch - but their Switch ports so far have all been great.
Kudos.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it might interest some people. From the latest Capcom TV:

Looks like the PS4/X1 version to me, but it'll be hard to talk about the real differences until it's out I guess.

Button prompts indicate it is the Switch version. ZL/ZR and Minus button is a dead giveaway.

Deleted member 40335

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Looks great, I wonder how it plays in handheld mode; side note how many times must I buy dragon's dogma for capcom to come out with a proper sequel?

Plum

May 31, 2018
If this can hold a semi-steady framerate then I'm in. The Switch is in desperate need of some more good open world titles that don't start with Sky and end with Rim.

I hope there's a new OT for this (if not I might make one). I know I'm gonna have a bunch of questions to ask about what class to pick, what to do, etc.

Was it 60fps on PS4/XB1?

No, you can only get 60fps on PC.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Its easy to hate on Capcom on Switch - but their Switch ports so far have all been great.
Kudos.

It can be hard in the beginning when you're still learning and don't have good Pawns. There's a specific part where it wants you to go up a path that has some VERY strong bandits and it's a better idea to run than fight because they will wreck you.

Then it gets easier and easier then gets hard again in the post-game.

The DLC Bitterblack Isle can be accessed from the start and is doable but incredibly hard. It's more tuned for being level 50 or so but if you're good you can go there at level 1.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, one of the best combat systems i ever saw, and most memorable skills too

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
looks solid 30?

I can't go back from 60fps, SAVED the game from the sub 20 fps hell that was PS360

Game is excellent and Switch having a port was still exciting to see. Unless you want that portability, def grab this on PC, game is awesome

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
looks solid 30?

I can't go back from 60fps, SAVED the game from the sub 20 fps hell that was PS360

Game is excellent and Switch having a port was still exciting to see. Unless you want that portability, def grab this on PC, game is awesome
Get the Switch version. QLOC seems to be doing an amazing job handling ports.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to play this on the... plane, toilet, anywhere. Mobile. What else would I mean?

The context leading up to your final sentiment seemed to imply that the game's lack of difficulty was what made it a good fit for Switch.

Had flashbacks to the Cuphead Kotaku article from a few weeks back.

Thought it was a Nintendo-is-for-babies thing

SoyUnPixel

Oct 25, 2017
When did they said that QLOC was handling the Switch port? I can't find anything about it (I know they did the ports for current gen, though)

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't look halfbad actually! (even though the artstyle seems very generic).

How long does a typical playthrough last?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good.

I've never actually played this game, or seen much of it. Can someone give me a really short elevator pitch of the gameplay? Is it like Dark Souls with a party? Or more like KOTOR? Or neither?

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look halfbad actually! (even though the artstyle seems very generic).

How long does a typical playthrough last?

As long as you want really. You can probably rush the story in like 15 hours. Doing all the sidequests can pump that up to 40. Post-game maybe another 20 or so.

But then there's the Bitterblack Isle DLC from Dark Arisen and that's like a whole nother beast, with its own unique stuff going on, you can spend many more hours just doing that.

Add to the fact you can switch to any of the job classes at the Inn, you can spend time gearing up each of them, you can easily beat 100 hours.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As long as you want really. You can probably rush the story in like 15 hours. Doing all the sidequests can pump that up to 40. Post-game maybe another 20 or so.

But then there's the Bitterblack Isle DLC from Dark Arisen and that's like a whole nother beast, with its own unique stuff going on, you can spend many more hours just doing that.

Add to the fact you can switch to any of the job classes at the Inn, you can spend time gearing up each of them, you can easily beat 100 hours.
Sounds good.

Now if only this will be a €40 release instead of a full priced one. ;)

EDIT: just checked and it's 30eu even! What a treat. Though I guess the downside is no retail release?

DOUBLE EDIT: There's a retail release even. So there is a God!

Last edited:

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
god i need a dragons dogma 2 announcement.

Looks friggin great though. If it can hold a 30 fps while not looking like the muddy PS360 versions in portable mode then it is a more than good enough port!

Probably won't get it though because I played too much already and there's way too much coming out this year.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good.

Now if only this will be a €40 release instead of a full priced one. ;)

EDIT: just checked and it's 30eu even! What a treat. Though I guess the downside is no retail release?
Capcoms pricing strategy for the Switch ports so far has been quite good - like the quality of the ports. Just for the upcoming RE4, REmake and RE 0 ports they seemed to have increased the prices for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Looks just like the PS4/Xbone versions... exactly as expected.

For all the shit that people have (rightfully) given Capcom; the actual quality of their Switch ports has been rock solid. Generally all of them have been a match for their base PS4/Xbone counterparts (graphics/FPS wise) and have even had Switch specific features added; like gyro aiming in RE:R 1&2 (and hopefully RE4 as well...) and touch screen support in Ace Attorney Trilogy & Okami HD.

All the more frustrating that they refuse to port their major titles!

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome that it is pretty much the same price as the PS4 and Xbox One versions. This is a legit viable port for me.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
looks solid 30?

Unless you need portability, buy it on PC you say.

I'm genuinely curious. What percentage of ERA do you estimate own PCs which can play DD at 60fps?