• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Disgusting behavior all around. The adults failed all around, the one for not waking away and the parents allowing there children to behave like a violent mob of disordley young people.

:Edit
Apologies wasn't aware gang of thugs was anything more then a turn of phrase, my bad

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The stark contrast between this thread and the 'Texas woman posing for photo shoots, kills boyfriend'-thread is really... bizarre.

Woman (accidentally?) kills boyfriend: Some stupid jokes about gun safety, 'It`s his fault for letting her aim it at him'

Guy punches kid: 'We demand nothing but his head!'. 'Life in prison!'
Well this is a thread about violence towards a child and potentially deadly force. That thread you are talking about, which isn't relevant to this, had two people in a situation they caused themselves and as adults are responsible for.

As for life in prison, that's too much I agree. But he could have killed this girl. He's obviously a danger. He should do some time.

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yea those kids looked mad annoying but goddamn my guy took it into another stratosphere. absolutely not ok dude.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a bunch of people celebrating this on Reddit for the past few days. Multiple subs too not just the defaults. Obviously this is the perfect opportunity to cheer on a white dude hitting the fuck out of a black girl without seeming racist. Claiming it's "justice". Seem comments about the girls being "packs of hyenas" as well. Reddit is a fucked up site y'all it's not the defaults don't get it twisted.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nothing to say other than that's horrifying and anyone criticizing the kids needs to really take a step back. That punch was completely disproportional. He could have fucking killed her. Some disgusting posts in this thread.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I saw a bunch of people celebrating this on Reddit for the past few days. Multiple subs too not just the defaults. Obviously this is the perfect opportunity to cheer on a white dude hitting the fuck out of a black girl without seeming racist. Claiming it's "justice". Seem comments about the girls being "packs of hyenas" as well. Reddit is a fucked up site y'all it's not the defaults don't get it twisted.
No question. As others pointed out, the same people would be saying things like "kids will be kids" and, calling the man a thug if the races were reversed. It would be national news as well. The double standard is disgusting. These people just like that a White man put a Black child in their place, that's all it comes down to. Those deplorables don't give two shits about the man's daughter.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
I will hold my comments until we find out what happened to instigate this whole thing.

Guy should not have or interacted with those kids, just walk away.

The person that was filming sounded like she was a grown adult, assuming she was one of the parents, she should have helped calm the situation before it got to the point of shoving.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The kids parents need to be better parents and not have their kids out acting like disrespectful assholes. That said, there is no excuse for a 50 year old man to punch an 11 year old in the face. He needs to see some jail time.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
As bad as this is I think this man did something more, and this is just the part on video. What the hell do you have to do in a mall to get a group of little girls to scare you into punching one of them at 51?

Deleted member 29857

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I can understand a grown male not wanting to take shit from a kid, but losing your cool and punching an eleven year old? Sad shit, there are no winners here.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
You really should not hit someone if you are a man. You should not hit someone if you are a woman either. Just don't fucking hit people and we will be fine. What is this stupid bullshit where we get gender specific. Hitting someone is wrong regardless of gender.

If a kid hits one of mine, then they are allowed to hit back.
Same if I get attacked. I will hit back, and hard. Everyone has the right to defend itself.

But as an adult you should never hit a kid.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a kid hits one of mine, then they are allowed to hit back.
Same if I get attacked. I will hit back, and hard. Everyone has the right to defend itself.

But as an adult you should never hit a kid.
Agreed, and if person #1 doesnt hit to begin with, we could avoid many issues. Self defense I am ok with. I am talking about instigaters, man or woman, stop fucking hitting people.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Wow he really punched her. I was expecting something half assed but nope. Could have been fatal if she hit that metal bar the wrong way.

Lock him up.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Holy shit. That's a child. That's like a man older and tougher than me punching my little sister or niece. Fuck this guy.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes the comments section in YT, everyone's praising the dude for knocking that girl out. Did they provoke him like in the video here.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
My favorite thing about comments under these news stories in various places

1)Watching everyone's racism jump out by dehumanizing teenagers into 'animals'
2)The weird sense of 'justice' people feel for violent disciplinary actions. Yay anger driven child abuse?
3)Ignoring the fact that 'Being the adult in the room' is a saying for a reason. How is someone not going to be able to handle a bunch of teenagers when they are 50 years old?

I mean, we all were asshole teens, even you 'My parents raised me to NEVER..' commenters...hell especially you, LOL. The idea someone three times your body weight should be able to assault you because you effectively 'You had it coming', lol. Even if the kids WERE the instigators, there's no reason for that to have happened, but I guess its par on course in America where racism (primarily on the 'go get her' crowd) , violence, and a fucked sense of right and wrong leads to viral clips like these

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The stark contrast between this thread and the 'Texas woman posing for photo shoots, kills boyfriend'-thread is really... bizarre.

Woman (accidentally?) kills boyfriend: Some stupid jokes about gun safety, 'It`s his fault for letting her aim it at him'

dumbass adults hurting themselves through their own ignorance vs a little kid getting laid out by a huge adult man. hmm i don't understand why these things are different

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disgusting behavior all around. The adults failed all around, the one for not waking away and the parents allowing there children to behave like a violent mob of disordley young people.

:Edit
Apologies wasn't aware gang of thugs was anything more then a turn of phrase, my bad

"gang of thugs" has never been a turn of phrase that describes children

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
No he doesn't. The guy should be prosecuted, sure, but we don't and shouldn't put people in prison for life for simple assault.
I just said he deserves it, a lot of people deserve a lot of things. I don't need to put "in my opinion" in front of everything.

And it isn't "a simple assault." In what way is this a "simple assault."

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Asheville but between this and the antivaxxing nonsense, there's a lot of insanity around there.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
What a dickwad.

Was it confirmed why the kids ganged up on him? Some poster mentioned on the first page the girls mocked his daughter's intellectual disabilities. Like I get getting very angry at that, but it's no fucking reason to clock a kid in the face.

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

There was a good one a while back where a few women hospitalised a woman for calling them the n word. Lots of joy and glee and she deserved it in that thread too. Stuff like only violence solves problems which is a stark contrast to this thread for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
If it's true that they were mocking a disabled child, they can all get fucked. As an adult though, you gotta suck it up and not hit a kid regardless of how garbage they are being.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
This is so fucked up, but the fact that he was surrounded will probably get him off. You're a grown ass man, just walk away or call the cops.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Knew from the first post it was a white dude punching a minority before finding the vid. Reddit and FB the new white supremacy HQ.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
People are legitimately praising this guy.

I don't even fucking know any more....

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you believe in physical discipline towards children clocking an 11 year old in the head is beyond the pale.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
And lol @ the defenders saying "surrounded".

By children.
Im not defending him, I'm just saying he'll probably get away with it and they will use the surrounded defense. This is America, "Trumps" America, and people get away with this shit all the time. Just like when Zimerman got away with stawlking a teenager and then gunning him down claiming he was standing his ground, this guy will get away with punching a little girl.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
People are legitimately praising this guy.

I don't even fucking know any more....
They would be doing it here as well if they thought could get away with it. Instead they're using coded language like "thug" "feral" "surrounded" and looking for reasons to excuse his behavior, "I read that the girls did such and such."

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit just walk away. Kids say mean, dumb shit all the time. That was horrible, he hit that poor little gir like she was a grown man. She is 5 foot tall and appeared to be a hundred pounds soaking wet, what the fuck was she going to be able to do to you?!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
There was a good one a while back where a few women hospitalised a woman for calling them the n word. Lots of joy and glee and she deserved it in that thread too. Stuff like only violence solves problems which is a stark contrast to this thread for sure.
Let me tell you how a thread where there were white girls calling the Father and daughter the N word, would go. You'd get a few "I'd do the same" sure, and they might even be banned. But, most of the thread would agree that the punch was waaaay over the line. It's like some of you don't even read ERA or you have such a poor opinion of the place that you make your own narrative and I have to wonder why you even come here at all. Read past topics where a child was attacked this viciously and them come back at me.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Let me tell you how a thread where there were white girls calling the Father and daughter the N word, would go. You'd get a few "I'd do the same" sure, and they might even be banned. But, most of the thread would agree that the punch was waaaay over the line. It's like some of you don't even read ERA or you have such a poor opinion of the place that you make your own narrative and I have to wonder why you even come here at all. Read past topics where a child was attacked this viciously and them come back at me.
74 in over a year.

rundisneyrpg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Rationalising violence against a minor. Account still in junior phase.
I saw on reddit it was the girls were all mocking his Autistic 5 year old and wife as well. He told them to stop and they were trying to get away hence them trying to leave and the girls kept all hounding them.

As a father of an autistic kid and have seen what harassment has done to my kid I would lock up all the girls. And if the story is true that they were harassing an autistic kid and then following the family that Dad was defending his family and that girl deserved it. Again the whole story is not known but if the above is true my daughter never invited to a classmates birthday party at 13 years old and the amount of harassment and lonely recesses and horrible days at school and you're gonna harass my daughter, in that situation I don't know if I could control my temper either.

We need to have punishment for harassment the same as decking someone. A stronger deterrent that harassment is just as wrong as hitting someone would help our society a long ways.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I saw on reddit it was the girls were all mocking his Autistic 5 year old and wife as well. He told them to stop and they were trying to get away hence them trying to leave and the girls kept all hounding them.

As a father of an autistic kid and have seen what harassment has done to my kid I would lock up all the girls. And if the story is true that they were harassing an autistic kid and then following the family that Dad was defending his family and that girl deserved it. Again the whole story is not known but if the above is true my daughter never invited to a classmates birthday party at 13 years old and the amount of harassment and lonely recesses and horrible days at school and you're gonna harass my daughter, in that situation I don't know if I could control my temper either.

We need to have punishment for harassment the same as decking someone. A stronger deterrent that harassment is just as wrong as hitting someone would help our society a long ways.
Post a link to the exact subreddit you read this on.