• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play more games this year, so maybe a challenge like this will get me motivated.

1. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - ★★★★
Fantastic game. I started it back on PS3 many moons ago, but eventually moved on to other things. Picked up the remaster on PS4, and it sat around for a while, but I really dove into it around the beginning of the year. Went Magick Archer this time, which, frankly, isn't as fun as playing melee. I'll probably go back to this one to replay on hard and check out BBI.

2. Titanfall 2 - ★★★★
Only played the campaign, but it was a pretty good ride. I was initially disappointed by the focus on pilot gameplay, but you get to use your Titan more in the later chapters. I didn't know what to expect from the story, and man, it got pretty crazy.

3. Mafia 3 - ★★★
Started out really liking this one. I enjoyed the way the story is told as though it's a sort of documentary. Some decent performances from the cast. Unfortunately, the story becomes a fairly generic revenge tale, and once the game opens up after the first act, it's a pretty underwhelming open-world game. I found myself wishing the game would end well before I finished.

4. Knack 2 - ★★★★
I thought the first game was alright. Knack 2 is a pretty big step up. Combat is way more complex with a bunch of new attacks and abilities. The story is decent, even if it does run a bit longer than it probably should. 60 FPS on the Pro is an awesome upgrade. Do yourself a favor and play on Hard.

5. Her Story - ★★★★
I didn't really like this so much initially. It's a cool concept, but I found the story too difficulty to follow. After playing, I watched the whole thing in chronological order, and everything became clear. Her performance seemed awkward at first, but once you know what's going on, it makes sense and you see how talented she is. Definitely worth the $2 I paid on my iPad.

6. Tearaway (PS4) - N/A
Didn't really dig this one. Too many motion control gimmicks for my taste. But I gave it a fair shot, so I'm counting it. The art style is really cool, though.

7. Ratchet & Clank - ★★★★
This is a really cool 3D platformer. Tons of awesome weapons to play with, a decent story with some cutscenes from the film woven within, and a bunch hilarious characters. On top of all that, it's freaking gorgeous on the PS4 Pro in HDR. Exploring the various planets is a visual treat. Ran into some performance problems, especially when using specific weapons, but they didn't last too long.

8. Bring You Home (iOS) - ★★★
Cool little puzzle game. It has a fantastic art style, but most of the puzzles rely on trial and error since you can't possibly know how your character is going to interact with certain objects. On the plus side, most of the death animations are really neat, so you don't really mind failing puzzles.

9. Love You to Bits (iOS) - ★★★★
Bring You Home got me interested in finally playing Love You to Bits. It's another puzzle game, where you're tasked with rebuilding some dude's robot girlfriend, but is a bit better Bring You Home. Again, the art style is fantastic. Definitely worth picking up.

10. Ben-Hur -
My new go-to for worst game I've ever played. This is some free shitty movie tie-in published by AOL, and developed by some studio that should be completely ashamed of this. Downloaded it because it's free, and a very easy 1000 GS, but it is so not worth it.

11. Wolfenstein 2 - ★★★★
I liked this game a lot. It's the first game I really sunk my teeth into on my new Xbox One X, and it looks absolutely stunning. MachineGames has cranked this bitch up to 11. It's crazy and even more over-the-top than the first game. Plus, ya know, you get to kill some Nazis.

12. Battlefront 2 - ★★★
I'm surprised at the hate this campaign received. It's not going to win any awards for best narrative, but it's a decent little Star Wars story that I enjoyed from start to finish, even if it is a pretty cliché revenge tale. This game looks gorgeous on the XB1X, and DICE should really be commended for their attention to detail when it comes to visuals and sound direction.

13. Destiny 2 - ★★★
This is kind of cheating. I definitely "beat" this game last year on PS4, where I have all three classes at max light. But I rebought this on XB1, leveled up two new Guardians, and put enough time in to have finished several other games. So I'm counting it.

14. Fable Anniversary -
I don't know why I like Fable so much. The combat is lame, the story is run of the mill, the quests mostly suck, and there's a loading screen every 10 seconds. But something about this game brings me joy, and replaying it at 4K was a blast. Anniversary completely butchers the art style of the original game, but it otherwise feels like the Fable I remember playing over a decade ago.

15. Cubot -
This is a fairly basic little puzzle game that I bought because it's only a couple bucks on XB1. It starts off incredibly simple, move the blue block to the blue square on the board. Once it starts adding other colors, which move completely differently than the blue block (move opposite, move two squares, etc.), it becomes quite complicated. One of the last levels takes almost 100 turns if you do it perfectly. The simple art combined with the serene music make it an enjoyable, and relaxing experience.

16. Energy Cycle -
Another puzzle game I bought because of the price. Currently on sale for $1.50, and I heard it was an easy 100%, so I grabbed it. It's definitely a quick an easy way to pad your GS or Trophies if that's what you're looking for. The puzzles are alright, but the entire presentation reminds me of those crappy flash games you used to play when your teacher wasn't looking in computer science class.

17. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - ★★
I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. I had heard of this game before, but the idea of controlling a different character with each analog stick totally turned me off of the game. Having played it, I still think it's a horrible way to play a game, but everything else in this game makes up for it. The art is great; fantastically depicting a world that is both beautiful and depressingly miserable. Brothers tells a powerful and emotional tale of adventure, all without a single line of dialogue. I wasn't very interested in A Way Out before, but now it's a game I can't wait to play.

18. Super Mario Odyssey - ★★
This was basically my first action adventure style Mario game. I never really got in to SM64, and I was pretty focused on other consoles when the likes of Galaxy and Sunshine were popular. I did enjoy it quite a bit, but found myself wishing it was a more traditional Mario game with the small expertly crafted levels, rather than big open zones that I felt lack the feeling of a "proper" Mario game. I also have a similar issue with SMO that I did with BotW. The game feels outdated in a sense that it's like every game 5 years ago where there were way too many collectibles that only exist in order to pad the game. Then, even after fully exploring the game and beating it, it's like "better go back and re-explore everything you already did, because here are more moons that serve no purpose!"

19. Sea of Thieves -
Sea of Thieves is a tough one. It is incredibly lacking in structured content. You can only dig up so many treasures, kill so many skeletons, and solve so many riddles before things start become tedious. The situation is made worse by the low rewards provided by these activities. It's great to finally be able to purchase that new hat, but it takes hours of grinding to get there, and without any way to preview the item before you buy it, you often end up wasting money on an item that doesn't even look so great on your character. The bones of this game are great, though. Sailing around the gorgeous world solo, with friends, or even random people, can be a blast. I'm really looking forward to see what Rare has in store for this game down the road.

20. Call of Duty: WWII -
It was great to be back in a WWII setting. The presentation as a whole is excellent. The graphics are downright amazing at times on the XB1X. It really feels like you're playing through a big summer blockbuster action film. Everything from the heavy use of film grain, right down to the underwhelming story.

21. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy -
I'm a huge Uncharted fan, so I was disappointed that Naughty Dog came out with a stand-alone expansion that I wasn't super interested in. I didn't really have much interest in playing as anybody but Nate. I was never a big fan of Chloe, so playing as her wasn't terribly appealing. I also found Nadine to be a totally boring and useless character in Uncharted 4, so she did nothing but detract from my expectations. I'm glad I finally got around to playing this, though. The game gave me a much greater appreciation for Chloe as a character. I still dislike Nadine, but the game does a lot to help flesh out her character. Sam is still a useless character that feels like he was just retconned into existence to give Nate a flimsy reason to give up his comfortable life. Anyway, this is more Uncharted, but without the excellent cast of characters to elevate it beyond pretty environments, simple puzzles, and underwhelming gameplay.

22. God of War -
I was a bit concerned that this was really going to be God of War in name only. It certainly feels that way in the beginning, but as you progress, those God of War roots start to show through. The combat feels excellent, the relationship between Kratos and Atreus is compelling, and the switch to Norse mythology is a welcomed change. Your journey to the top of the mountain is hindered by many predictable obstacles, but the strong interactions between characters within the world make up for the weak plot. God of War also happens to be one of the best looking games ever made. Midgard and the surrounding realms are all brilliantly realized in stunning detail. I'm looking forward to this game's inevitable sequel, because there are significant questions left unanswered, and many major Norse mythological characters that are totally absent from the game.

23. WoW: Battle for Azeroth - ★★★★
24. Game Dev Tycoon - ★★★
25. (MCC) Halo 1 Anniversary - ★★
26. (MCC) Halo 2 Anniversary - ★★★★★
27. (MCC) Halo 3 - ★★★★
28. (MCC) Halo 4 - ★★
29. Detroit: Become Human - ★★★★
30. Spider-Man - ★★★★
31. Shadow of the Colossus - ★★
32. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze - ★★★
33. State of Decay 2 - ★★
34. Bloons TD 6 - ★★★
35. (VR) Elevator... to the Moon! - ★★★
36. (VR) The Well - ★★
37. (VR) They Suspect Nothing - ★★★
38. (VR) Land's End - ★★★
39. (VR) Virtual Virtual Reality - ★★
40. (VR) Tomb Raider: Lara's Escape -

Last edited:

Kidou_rex

Oct 27, 2017
Main Post

1. Yakuza 0 - 01/07
First time playing a Yakuza game. Went into it without really knowing what to expect other than that I'd be punching a lot of thugs. Ended up really enjoying the drama of the main story, and the side missions and business aspects hooked me as well. The combat felt a bit loose to me and it took some time to get used to, but it kept the gameplay varied enough that I didn't mind it. Now I'm really excited to play more games in the series. Will certainly be playing at least Kiwami later this year and possibly Kiwami 2 or the ps3 games as well.

2. Hollow Knight - 01/11
Wow, this is an amazing game on so many levels. The movement is tight and responsive, the areas are all incredibly varied, not only in their art design, but also in the way you traverse each area. Some of the bosses are pretty challenging, but never felt unfair and it was a blast to figure out their patterns and what abilities I would need to use to vanquish them effectively. It really feels to me like the dev team nailed the feel of a Souls games in a 2d space. It was an Incredible experience. Play this game!

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Hit a tiny speed bump and will probably encounter a couple of others the upcoming days/weeks. But still managed two more games! Or one game and a pretty substantial DLC at least.

L7xfkzK.png

Game #14: The Last of Us
Started 8 Jan. 2018 - Beaten 10 Jan. 2018
Verdict: Amazing but not really what I expected.

I'm just gonna keep this whole thing in a spoiler tag to be safe!
I have managed to avoid spoilers about this game completely. That didn't actually matter much because wow was this story predictable all the way through! That was a bit disappointing. I still liked it a lot tho! I love the premise of the story, post-apocalypse is my favourite setting and I like all kinds of zombies. The characters are really amazing. Loved them all. The music is wonderful and the game is insanely pretty. The facial animations are especially impressive. I was a bit disappointed by the gameplay. I was hoping for more areas where sneaking worked well but the game is a cover shooter and it's obviously meant to be played that way. It's sadly a genre I have lost interest in. I was also hoping for situations where infected arrive due to the gunshots and yelling enemies, and we have a three-way fight, or that I can sneak by while they kill each other. But nope, no infected to be seen in many areas of the game. Just biiiig fights with more and more humans. That they keep chasing after "the old man and the kid" was a bit tiresome too. But enough negativity. It's an amazing game and I am happy I played it.

qEpHnyA.png

Game #15: The Last of Us: Left Behind
Started 11 Jan. 2018 - Beaten 11 Jan. 2018
Verdict: What The Last of Us should have been.

Spoiler marking this whole thing too!
THIS! This is what I thought TLoU would be like! "Kill each other, you fucks." Yes, Ellie! Exactly! Also a bunch more enemy free areas that are a bit spooky! I really liked those part of both this and the base game. This was pretty much perfect the whole way through.

_

Master Post!

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Main post

5. SOMA - Jan. 11 (7.7h)
header.jpg

This is one of the best interactive narratives I've experienced. On the other hand, it felt like a step back from some of Frictional's previous games in terms of game mechanics. I think the existential dread of the game could have easily stood on itself without the jump scares the monsters provided, and the game didn't provide many tools for effectively hiding from the monsters. You can easily get trapped and be forced to just walk up to the enemies to try again, which removes pretty much all of the tension.

One complaint I had was that Simon was very slow at figuring out what was happening. The player gets plenty of hints, and will understand what's going on hours before Simon finally realizes it. For example, when you first discover the robot that thinks it's human, you naturally start to wonder if you are human yourself. That becomes completely apparent not too long from that point, but Simon doesn't fully accept it until much later. And once you discover what happened to the original Simon, it should be pretty obvious what happens when you transfer, but Simon is surprised by this not just once, but twice. You can rationalize it a bit based on how much stress he's under, but that's giving him a bit too much credit in my opinion. I feel like they could have had some more interesting philosophical discussions about things if they didn't have him so slow to figure anything out.

On the other hand, I felt like the WAU was one of the best versions of a rogue AI that's been done in horror fiction, and it works it's way in perfectly with the themes of the game. Rather than simply going haywire, and becoming evil, it's simply trying preserve humans as best as it can, but it's definition of life and humanity doesn't quite match up to how most humans would classify it, but it was close enough that an machine learning algorithm may not see a significant difference.

There were a few choices in the game that were much more interesting than the typical choices you have in games. Rather than straightforward good vs. evil, or selfish vs selfless, you had some genuinely difficult decisions to make about what was the best ethical choice. Sometimes, I felt like there was a definite right answer, but others were much more gray. None of the choices had any impact on what happens in the story, but they still felt important.
Even with my complaints about the mechanics, the game is well worth playing. Might be worth using the new Safe mode, since I don't think the monsters really added anything to the experience. If you liked the narratives in games like The Talos Principle or The Swapper, I'd highly recommend SOMA (or if you liked SOMA, I'd highly recommend those games).

6. One Night Stand - Jan. 11 (25m)
header.jpg

Pretty neat, very short visual novel, full of awkwardness. Seems to be highly interactive, with a ton of different endings, and since it just takes somewhere between 20-30 minutes per play through, it encourages replaying and trying out different choices. I've played through a few different times with pretty experiences, and I'll probably go through it a few more times, though I doubt I'll really try to get them all. Definitely worth your time, and I believe it's normally pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #18 - Fire
Time: 2.5 hours

Daedalic continues to be one of the best publishers on PC with another solid release, this time a hybrid of puzzle and point and click adventure, as you help our caveman friend retrieve fire back to his village through 10 levels full of imaginative puzzles. Fantastic 2D art, and super charming on top, with great puzzle design, you can finish this in about 2 hours give or take, depending on how good you are at puzzles (I had to look up a couple of solutions myself) as the levels themselves aren't very big. Very cool and very easy to recomend.

header.jpg

Game #19 - A Bird Story
Time: 1 hour

Super cute interactive story from the maker of To The Moon (which I have yet to play) about loneliness, friendship, childhood, all told with no dialogue, simply via the fantastic visual design, be it the crisp (albeit rpg maker-like) visuals or the various cool little animations that subtly give life to the story. Music is also really good, as is the various sound effects, especially the emotive bird chips. There isnt much gameplay to be had as it's basically a 1 hour 2d "walking sim", but again, its super cute and very well made / told.

Main Post

Last edited:

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I've been wanting to do this for years and I think I'm finally in a good enough place in life to achieve this! This backlog is getting ridiculous!
I've reformatted my posts so this master post is more clean and easier to look through at the end of the year.

Impressions:
Games #1-32
Games #33-41
Games #42-50
Games #51-56
Games #57-70

I hit 52 and I feel like I barely put a dent in my backlog but this definitely got me to play a lot of stuff I had been putting off. This has been fun!
Someone once asked me what my process was for the banners so I'll link that post too, here.

JANUARY 2018
1. Titanfall 2 (PS4) - 4/4 (Finished Jan 03, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Regular Difficulty | 80% Trophies | <2 hr Multiplayer
iJbSNHU.jpg

2. LIMBO (PS4) - 1/4 (Finished Jan 04, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 90% Trophies | Bonus Level
5s7EcXL.jpg

3. Ronin (PS4) - 2/4 (Finished Jan 04, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 57% Trophies | Sad Ending
Z2XhFc6.jpg

4. Transistor (PS4) - 3/4 (Finished Jan 06, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 100% Trophies | Recursion (NG+) | All Trials Complete
7OHbfkQ.jpg

5. Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 3/4 (Finished Jan 07, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 100% Trophies (Cumulative including DLC packs)
sBvWDen.jpg

FEBRUARY 2018
6. Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) - 4/4 (Finished Feb 03, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Medium Difficulty | 100% Trophies | 6000+ Dusty Coins
t5Qmtio.jpg

7. Battle Chef Brigade (Switch) - 3/4 (Finished Feb 11, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Normal Difficulty | 2:21:21
PQJhc9p.jpg

08. Monument Valley II (iOS) - 3/4 (Finished Feb 14, 2018)
Completed Main Story
FcOqTaO.jpg

09. Florence (iOS) - 4/4 (Finished Feb 14, 2018)
Completed Main Story
9Eb4yOs.jpg

10. Picross e8 (3DS) - 4/4 (Finished Feb 20, 2018)
Completed All Picross, Mega Picross, and Micross Puzzles
P0gIEow.jpg

MARCH 2018
11. Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS) - 4/4 (Finished Mar 09, 2018)
Completed All Puzzles
kYV8kGR.jpg

12. Might Switch Force Hose It Down (iOS) - 2/4 (Finished Mar 10, 2018)
Completed All Main Puzzles | Completed All EX Puzzles
Yx80IlV.jpg

13. Deus Ex GO (iOS) - 4/4 (Finished Mar 10, 2018)
Completed All Puzzles
fxJzqj3.jpg

14. Night In the Woods (Switch) - 3/4 (Finished Mar 11, 2018)
Completed Main Story, Longest Night, and Lost Constellation
OrQYQAB.jpg

15. Statik: Institute of Retention (PSVR) - 4/4 (Completed Mar 16, 2018)
Completed Main Story + Secret Ending | 100% Trophies
REI0wPi.jpg

16. SUPERHOT VR (PSVR) - 4/4 (Completed Mar 25, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 28% Trophies
K8aQbkk.jpg

17. Moss (PSVR) - 4/4 (Completed Mar 25, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 56% Trophies
ZTYoHtk.jpg

18. BOUND (PS4/PSVR) - 3/4 (Completed Mar 25, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 1% Trophies?!
BHVBapZ.jpg

19. Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Mar 25, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Normal Difficulty | Some Discovery Tour | 64% Trophies
KbmXjHn.jpg

20. Assassin's Creed Black Flag: Freedom Cry (PS4) - 1/4 (Completed Mar 31, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 21% Trophies
Xqf2N2O.jpg

APRIL 2018
21. Accounting+ (PSVR) - 3/4 (Completed Apr 15, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 100% Trophies
9oBIPIG.jpg

22. Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones (PS4) - 3/4 (Completed Apr 18, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Normal Difficulty | 83% Trophies
PjL1L24.jpg

23. Never Stop Sneakin' (Switch) - 2/4 (Completed Apr 28, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Collected All Weapons and Agents
R7L2obd.jpg

24. God of War (2018) (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Apr 29, 2018)
Completed Main Story | "Give Me A Balanced Experience" Difficulty | 57% Trophies
Fx5KHYI.jpg

MAY 2018
25. SUPERHOT (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed May 3, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 22% Trophies
onnbRep.jpg

26. Shadow Warrior (2013) (PS4) - 3/4 (Completed May 3, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Normal Difficulty | 61% Trophies
fEHMp4x.jpg

27. Gravity Rush 2 -- Another Story: The Ark of Time -Raven's Choice- (PS4) - 2/4 (Completed May 5, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Medium Difficulty | 53% Trophies
wWDewHx.jpg

28. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus -- The Freedom Chronicles: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe (PS4) - 3/4 (Completed May 7, 2018)
Completed Main Story | "Bring 'em on!" Difficulty | 25% Trophies
njBLaMR.jpg

29. DJ Max Respect (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed May 9. 2018)
Completed All 4B Tracks Up To Level 8 | 23% Trophies | 33:12:44
O4E3GRd.jpg

30. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus -- The Freedom Chronicles: The Diaries of Agent Silent Death (PS4) - 2/4 (Completed May 9, 2018)
mI74igR.jpg

31. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - 3/4 (Completed May 14, 2018)
Completed Normal Mode Main Story
lkDQa2U.jpg

32. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus -- The Freedom Chronicles: The Deeds Captain Wilkins (PS4) - 2/4 (Completed May 16, 2018)
XZVJ2z3.jpg

33. Framed Collection (Switch) - 3/4 (Completed May 23, 2018)
Completed Framed 1 & Framed 2 Main Stories
ant7sIL.jpg

JUNE 2018
34. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed June 13, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 100% Trophies | Beat All Secret Bosses | Played 2x (Easy and Critical)
wfjv2qs.jpg

35. GNOG (PSVR) - 4/4 (Completed June 14, 2018)
Completed All Puzzles | 100% Trophies
VmLVgvt.jpg

JULY 2018
36. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD (PS4) - 2/4 (Completed July 3, 2018)
Completed Main Story (Sora's Story) - Critical | Reverse/Rebirth (Riku's Story) - Critical | 80% Trophies
AhjHL8r.jpg

37. Lumines Remastered (Switch) - 4/4 (Completed July 5, 2018)
Unlocked all Skins in Challenge Mode and VS CPU Mode | Puzzles and Missions incomplete (for now)
6KeXDAL.jpg

38. Absolver (PS4) - 3/4 (Completed July 7, 2018)
Completed Main Story (Became an Absolver) | 30% Trophies | <4 Hrs Multiplayer
sALpxE6.jpg

39. The Sexy Brutale (Switch) - 2/4 (Completed July 8, 2018)
Completed Main Story | Secret Ending | Collected all 52 Cards and 9 Invitations
h9dlkuE.jpg

40. Scalak (iOS) - 2/4 (Completed July 11, 2018)
Completed All Puzzles
d0crrQp.jpg

41. Sonic Mania (Switch) - 4/4 (Completed July 14, 2018)
Completed Main Story As Sonic & Tails (Sans Egg Reverie)
bsbXD0x.jpg

42. Mom Hid My Game (3DS) - 2/4 (Completed July 20, 2018)
Completed All Puzzles
U8VmAHm.jpg

43. Dandara (Switch) - 4/4 (Completed July 21, 2018)
Completed Main Story | 100% Exploration, Chests, Glossary
dGT2Sm9.jpg

44. Sonic Mania Plus (Switch) - 4/4 (Completed July 23, 2018)
Completed Encore Mode (Sans Egg Reverie)
qakT8bm.jpg

AUGUST 2018
45. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (3DS) - 4/4 (Completed Aug 21, 2018)
Completed Main Story
vXARU70.jpg

46. Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ (3DS - GBA VC) - 4/4 (Completed Aug 27, 2018)
Completed Main Story
gzPQtiH.jpg

47. Picross S2 (Switch) - 4/4 (Completed Aug 29, 2018)
Completed All Picross, Mega Picross, And Clip Picross Puzzles
XB2oiGv.jpg

SEPTEMBER 2018
48. Tekken 7 + Season 1 (PS4) - 4/4 ("Completed" Sept 4, 2018)
Completed Story | 75% Trophies | Completed All Character Stories
dWxQ37R.jpg

49. Marvel's Spider-Man (2018) (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Sept 11, 2018)
Completed Story | Amazing Difficulty | 100% Trophies | Collected All Secret Photo Ops
mB41aPI.jpg

50. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Sept 23, 2018)
Completed Story | 100% Trophies | Beat All Secret Bosses | Played 2x (Easy and Critical)
pLUqvgB.jpg

51. KOF XIV + Season 2/ver. 3.0 (PS4) - 4/4 ("Completed" Sept 30, 2018)
Attempted All Season 2 Trials
JZoXWBV.jpg

OCTOBER 2018
52. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix HD (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Oct 21, 2018)
Completed Story | Critical Difficulty | 100% Trophies | Completed All Trinity Reports
lbPVSfH.jpg

53. Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps - The Heist (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Oct 27, 2018)
Completed Story | Amazing Difficulty | 100% Trophies | Additionally Beat New Game + on Ultimate
Y91XinQ.jpg

54. INSIDE (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Oct 28, 2018)
Completed Story | 100% Trophies | Found All Secrets | Completed Secret Ending
IbjAX2L.jpg

55. Destiny 2 (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Oct 28, 2018)
Completed Story | Played as Warlock | 12% Trophies
nVoYQig.jpg

56. Kemono Friends Picross (3DS) - 3/4 (Completed Oct 30, 2018)
Completed All Picross, Mega Picross, and Clip Picross Puzzles
9T3nTMz.jpg

NOVEMBER 2018
57. One Piece Grand Cruise (PSVR) - 2/4 (Completed Nov 1, 2018)
Completed Story | 47% Trophies
bBHrpb4.jpg

58. Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Nov 5, 2018)
Completed Story | 100% Trophies
MA3pwUc.jpg

59. Musynx (PS4) - 2/4 (Completed Nov 9, 2018)
Completed All 4K Mode Songs on Easy | 36% Trophies
tqdK1wc.jpg

60. Super Time Force Ultra (PSVita) - 4/4 (Completed Nov 12, 2018)
Completed Story Mode | 59% Trophies
waTegWy.jpg

61. Sparkle 2 (PSVita) - 1/4 (Completed November 15, 2018)
Completed Quest on Normal Difficulty | Obtained All Stars in Survival Mode | 57% Trophies
0uGHLnk.jpg

62. Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps - Turf Wars (PS4) - 3/4 (Completed Nov 21, 2018)
Completed Story | Amazing Difficulty | 100% Trophies
jsWYaGI.jpg

63. Tetris Effect (PSVR) - 4/4 (Completed Nov 21, 2018)
Completed Journey Mode | 35% Trophies
TDMXBCi.jpg

DECEMBER 2018
64. Rhythm Heaven Megamix (3DS) 4/4 (Completed Dec 5, 2018)
Completed Story Mode | Gold Ranked All Story Mode Games
VkB4151.jpg

65. Pocket Rumble (Switch) - 3/4 (Completed Dec 6, 2018)
Completed All Lessons | Completed Arcade Mode
OjpCnNH.jpg

66. Ikaruga (Switch)- (Completed Dec 6, 2018)
Completed Arcade Mode
Wq070r0.jpg

67. Street Fighter V Arcade Edition + Season 3 (PS4) -3/4 ("Completed" Dec 15, 2018)
Completed All Season 3 Character Stories
LqvMETz.jpg

68. Dragon Ball FighterZ + Season 1 (PS4) - 4/4 ("Completed" Dec 20, 2018)
Completed Story Mode | 100% Story Mode Collection | 58% Trophies
b34EISh.jpg

69. Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps - Silver Lining (PS4) - 4/4 (Completed Dec 23, 2018)
Completed Story | Amazing Difficulty | 100% Trophies
CQDdQ6W.jpg

70. Into The Breach (Switch) - 4/4 (Completed Dec 28, 2018)
Beat Final Mission with 2 Corporate Islands | Normal Difficulty | Unlocked All Islands, 5 Squads, 7 Pilots
OyuBN7E.jpg

Last edited:

CurrY

Nov 26, 2017
My backloggery

January

#1 Path of Exile - War for the Atlas (PC)
Zxmv2Ei.png

#2 Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine (PC)
SyJrxnS.jpg

#3 Steamworld Dig (PC)
9pdbQup.jpg

February

#4 Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC)
DOROQzi.jpg

#5 Fortnite BR (PC)
kQUzZxT.jpg

#6 Call of Duty WW2 (PC)

d6MoIhx.jpg

April

#7 DOOM (PC)
3ZBdV1U.jpg

#8,9, 10 Life is Strange Before The Storm episode 2,3 and bonus episode (PC)

M3mXAl9.jpg

#11 A Way Out (PS4)

DgmYJm4m.jpg

May

#12 High Hell (PC)

NN8cfXlm.jpg

#13 Zombie Desperation (PC)

onC0KLg.jpg

#14 God of War (PS4)
ra4WNs7.jpg

June

#15 Firewatch (PC)

vYFjsqQ.jpg

July

#16 The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PC)

8O2iAjT.jpg

#17 Jurassic World Evolution (PC)
gTQpR1E.jpg

#18 Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (PC)
0Nb4tRF.jpg

#19 Intrude (PC)

MQ0bGq3.jpg

August

#20 Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice (PC)
eTCaQ9q.jpg

Last edited:

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
1. Super Mario 3D Land - Finished on 1/12/2018 Time: 21 hours

It is an awesome 3D Mario game for the 3DS. The level design, the increasing difficulty, the upgrades, everything is great in this game. Some time before I played New Super Mario Bros 2, but 3D Land lets it stand in its shadow (for me at least).
The level design is really great, everything has a purpose and curiosity is always rewarded with little extras. There is also no filler content, no streched levels to get out more playing time. Every level is unique and fun.
The real fun began for me when I beat the game and unlocked the special worlds. The difficulty is perfectly balanced. It starts very easy, basically everybody can beat this game and gets so hard that you will begin to plan your route through the course and memorize patterns about platforms and enemy positions. And this is really great because you have the feeling of accomplishing something. Especially the last level took me so much time, lives and patience. It felt a little bit like Dark Souls because everytime I pushed a little bit more through the level before I died. I died three times at the "thank you" section because I was really nervous and stressed by that level. After many tries I managed to beat it. It felt so good.
Some criticism about the controls: They felt not as smooth and responsive as I expected from a Mario game. Sure, they were good, but not perfect.

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Main Post

Q91MrqE.png

4. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - Jan. 9 - Roughly 11 hours

"I am almost inclined to set it up as a canon that a children's story which is enjoyed only by children is a bad children's story. The good ones last. A waltz which you can like only when you are waltzing is a bad waltz." - C.S. Lewis

I often make the argument that games need to be a medium where developers can feel free to make games that aren't "fun." To me, games should be like any other entertainment medium and have the ability to make you uncomfortable or even upset. The interactivity of the medium means that you could make some incredibly powerful experiences in those regards.

But goddamn folks, it's been a rough year. Not just in terms of the sociopolitical brouhaha around the world, but just personally it's been a draining year for me. Looking for work, growing apart from old friends, family illnesses, the whole nine yards. I appreciate what games that tell brooding, relevant stories are trying to do, but I just don't want to feel what they're offering right now.

Maybe if I was in a better spot personally the game wouldn't have resonated with me and I would have dropped it. I really have no idea, and I guess I'll have to wait a few years to see what I think upon a return. But in my personal context, Super Mario Odyssey was the right game at the right time.

Should I play Super Mario Odyssey? If 2017 or just life in general has drained you as much as I feel drained...Odyssey might just be the pick-me-up you need.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
1: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (January 15th)
Xbox One X | Time Played: 104.55 hours | Rating: 9/10

I finally got around to beating one of the most acclaimed RPG's of all time, and it holds up to the hype. Quests are well structured, despite having laughable sword combat and levelling systems. CD Projekt Red knocked the open world elements out the park, with the attention to detail on another level. Geralt's journey delivered on the promises, with meaty dialogue and characters turning into a theatrical experience.

2: Super Mario Odyssey
Nintendo Switch | Time Played: 15 hours | Rating: 9/10

Started the little charmer at launch last year, but all my work commitments put it on hold, and Nintendo did not disappoint in reinventing the classic gameplay seen in Super Mario 64 with a new hat mechanic. The world design in Super Mario Odyssey is immense, allowing Mario to interact with varied situations and use all his abilities to solve puzzles. All brilliant round instalment in the series, and deserves to be given a sequel.

3: Shadow of the Colossus
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 4 Hours | 8/10

Finally experienced arguably one of the most beloved games, with the beautiful PS4 remake and it was a compelling journey to save a loved one. Team Ico created one of the most intriguing video games in recent memory, with the simple gameplay and complex storytelling on another level. Despite some appalling horse controls, I enjoyed the experience of hunting down those Colossi.

4: Life is Strange: Before the Storm
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 8 Hours | 7.5/10

An emotional farewell to one of the most groundbreaking points and click series in years. Despite not having the time travel mechanics seen in the previous round, it was great to follow Chloe Prices backstory and understand her connection with Rachel Amber. I enjoyed the spin-off, even though the ending felt anticlimactic with no hint of a future instalment in the Life is the Strange universe.

5. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Xbox One X | Time Played: 8 hours | Rating: 8.5/10

I had this in my backlog for some time but waited until my friend got his Xbox One to check it out. Without a doubt was the co-op funniest experience in all my time in gaming. Despite having a cliche story, there is something about the brotherly bond of characters which makes it so much fun. There are issues mainly stemming from terrible bosses and laughable connection problems.

6. A Way Out
Xbox One X | Time Played: 6.4 hours | 7.5/10

An exciting game, which I played in one sitting and laughed into my hearts intent with a friend. Without a doubt, one of the strangest co-op experiences yet, taking me back to to the split screen gaming in the past generations. The generic script does hold it again, with some situations coming across like a terrible comedy. But, the last hour without question is one of the best moments in gaming for years.

7. Far Cry 5
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 20 hours | 8.5/10

While it does not change the franchises, focus relying on shootouts and hunting. Ubisoft delivers their best open-world game in a while, giving players opportunities to make their adventure. The story is controversial but impacted me on another level, with Hope County citizens having so much character. There, are shortcomings with over the top encounters, but all in love loved my time in Hope County

8. Yakuza 6: Song of Life
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 15 Hours | 8/10

I have fallen in love with these games, and Kazuma Kiryu final chapter was one emotional ride. SEGA took a reasonable amount of time in giving their hero one massive send-off, investing in a new engine making combat fluid with fewer load times. A story which focuses on parenthood and growing up in the dangerous world of Yakuza. Enjoyed everything game had to offer from, hostess clubs to baby-centric minigames.

8. Dying Light
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 20 hours | 7.5/10

I have wanted to play a co-op zombie slaying title for some time now and finally got around to experience this one with my friend. Despite some questionable levels and dated graphics, there was something about the mild RPG levelling system which hooked me into killing mindless hordes of zombies. A solid little romp, which has so many good ideas including different behaviour attributes for zombies during night combat. But ultimately the game needed polish and did not fire on all cylinders.

9. Resident Evil 5
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 10 hours | 8/10

Played this game years ago, really enjoyed it despite the fan backlash. My friend wanted to replay the title and had fun killing zombies even though some of the boss fights were unplayable. I love the combat systems which feel like a brilliant successor to the battles seen in the classic Resident Evil 4. A decent game that does things well including robust map design and overall sense of power.

10. Resident Evil 6
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 16 hours | 5/10

After we have so much fun in the last game, I wanted to give Resident Evil 6 another shot after hating it so much at launch. Despite some decent combat and nostalgic character returns, everything about this game felt rushed without reason. The tight camera work is appaling, making movement feel slow and almost robotic (not in the right way). Overlong multiple chapters, which you cannot wait to end due to the level of reusable assets and laughable developments between characters. Wrong in every sense of the word!

11. God of War
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 22 Hours | 10/10

God of War is one of the most groundbreaking video games in recent history; it made me finally care about Kratos and his journey. His relationship with his son is immersive, allowing the audiences connect with this complex bond between son and father. The gameplay is refined by giving the player new tools and puzzles to solve, with upgrade trees that add a level of customisation never seen in the franchise before. Santa Monica deserves praise for giving the franchise another taste of fresh air, without throwing away what made it was so good all those years ago.

12. Mass Effect
Xbox One X | Time Played: 20 Hours | 9/10

I feel in love with this series last year, during the Christmas season and got engrossed in the storytelling and wanted to experience it again just for a refresher before the next Bioware title. There is something so magical about exploring planets, building relationships with alien species and becoming a proper space marine. Everything about this game immerses you in the world despite an insanely hard combat system, which punishes players for no apparent reason. I hated some of the boss fights, but still had fun revisiting this world.

13. Saints Row 2
Xbox One X | Time Played: 20 Hours | 9/10

Another one of my all-time favourites in the genre replayed this with a friend and had the best fun in years despite numerous glitches which plagued the whole walkthrough. There is something so fun about surfing cars, causing mayhem and breaking bones in insurance fraud that sets this title apart from many open world sandbox. Laughter is the primary motive, while balanced with an excellently written story which takes homage from classic Quentin Tarantino flicks. There are issues, with the checkpoint system and insane framerate dips but it was not severe enough to detract from the fun.

14. Saints Row: The Third
Xbox One X | Time Played: 15 Hours | 8.5/10

I was not keen on this game at release, mainly due to the cartoony visuals and overall lack of immersion. But a friend who never played the title bugged me to give it another try, and we had another blast of a time. Volition is one of my favourite developers, and this title has so much love put in, despite a few questionable problems including missions ending too soon. There was something about the mission structure, which allowed players to experience each signature activities was a genius idea for the franchise. A solid sequel, which gave the series a purpose after being a GTA clone for so long!

15. Detroit: Become Human
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 15 Hours | 9/10

I was looking forward to this for some time, as Quantic Dream was a crucial part of me into the PlayStation brand. Detroit is another solid adventure filled with impactful stories about equality, and the pace technology has grown in society. There is something substantial about the player choice of the prior game; Quantic doubled down here - making playthroughs varied and expansive. It also looks beautiful on the PS4 Pro! Another solid game from the now iconic Sony developer.

16. Yakuza Kiwami 2
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 25 Hours | 8.5/10

An excellent remake, which a modernised control scheme and new side content into one already large package. After the more heartfelt "Song of Life", it was nice to play a more traditional approach to the formula. It may not reinvent the wheel, but does offers hours of fun in Kamurocho from insane quests to karaoke.

17. Shenmue
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 10 Hours | 9/10

I heard good things about the game, wanted to check it out myself before the third game releases. And boy, was it a journey as Shenmue's story delivers in every regard - from the wacky characters to the real-life simulation. SEGA pulled out all the stops with this system exclusive, back in the day this must have been a beauty. Despite, a few buggy cutscenes I had tons of fun with the title.

18. Marvel's Spider-Man
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 40 Hours | 9/10

Insomniac Games nailed this one, by perfecting web-slinging and bringing their twists on the famous superhero. Each element of the game is detailed and put audiences in full control of Marvel's mascot, enticing fans into the world of Spider-Man. Story beats hit all the right notes, with so much effort going into the highly directed cutscenes. The weighty controls allow for a fantastic simulation of Spider life. Side content is plentiful and offers players extra doses of fun after completing the 20-hour campaign.

19. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 18 Hours | 8.5/10

Another solid instalment in the trilogy, while it might have the worse plot and odd pace - something about the attention to detail makes up for it. Focusing more on puzzles than generic action, which cultured the previous titles. Allowing for audiences to experience actual tomb raiding, something that has been missing from the franchise. In the end, Eidos Montreal tied up their nicely, celebrating everything people love about Lara Croft's adventures.

20. Red Dead Redemption ll
Xbox One X | Time Played: 40 Hours | 10/10

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a perfect celebration of Rockstar Games rich history in the industry and marks a change in their open world psychology. They have created the most immersive cowboy game of all time, which lays the groundwork for future Rockstar Games titles. The game is one of the best releases in history, with so much content and attention to detail. Horse riding has never looked better! This title deserves to be played on your biggest screen.

21. Assassins Creed Odyssey
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 120 Hours | 8.5/10

Ubisoft Quebec put effort into this title, by telling a great story and introducing great RPG elements into proceedings. Focusing on Ancient Greece makes for a more beautiful environment with interesting weapon selections. Allowing players to experience Greece and it's surrounding islands in beautiful 4K. Quests are varied with great writing behind them, which propels the adventure forward. Look forward to their next iteration of the franchise! Because Odyssey was a good experience.

22. Hitman 2
PS4 Pro | Time Played: 15 Hours | 8.5/10

IO Interactive follows up their groundbreaking Hitman revival, with a sequel that brings more targets and classic briefcases. Double down on bringing the series roots to the front table. Allowing players of the original games to have a solid dose of nostalgia, figuring out how to take out targets in creative ways. Florida map alone is worth the asking price! And any lover of stealth needs to experience this title.

Last edited:

Super Chuleta

Oct 30, 2017
Just edged out 2017 here's to 2018:

1. Phantom Trigger (NS)
An odd game. It's got a cool pixel art look to it with fun, fast paced combat, kinda like Hyper Light Drifter. The dialogue however, read weird. The kind of story where characters felt as if you were reading someone's script rather than actual characters talking, and it tried to tackle some hard life issues that I felt just failed to hit home. Overall it was a cool game, nice look and worth the time and price.
3/5

2. Steamworld Dig (PC)
Let me start by saying I played this through EA origins, which had no controller support and took me about an hour to begin because the stupid joysticks wouldn't map properly...I digress. I really enjoyed Steamworld Dig, after 2017 there were a lot of games that were heavy hitters taking over 50 hours to complete and/or having a really deep story that took all of my attention and focus. So coming into 2018 and playing a game where all you need to do is dig down, have an efficient way back up, find treasure and upgrade your character till you beat the final boss was very nice. Can't wait to play part 2.
3/5

3. The Room (PC)
I like puzzle games, I like funky technical boxes. This was a puzzle game with a box that became bigger boxes.
4/5

4. Night in the Woods (PC)
What a story! What a well, written story. I loved it, a very emotional tale that I will iterate again is very well written. I find the cartoony graphics work well for it and while there isn't much to the gameplay there are a few fun mini games sprinkled within to keep you engaged. The ending is hit or miss for a lot of people, but doesn't in any way subtract from the rest of this experience.
4/5

5. Jotun (PC)
Interesting game, with a nice hand drawn art style and Nordic set. The drawn characters are great quality and cool to look at, while the combat is pretty slow. This becomes its downfall as bosses go into later phases and start to really tip the scale in what I kinda felt made the fights less fun. Cool game but overall felt my enjoyment was hindered by clunky gameplay and overwhelming bosses.
2/5

6. What Remains of Edith Finch (PC)
This is one of those story based games, "walking simulators," where all you really have to do is move forward and the game will kinda play itself out. Behind the gameplay though is a well developed story about a girl and her family, so without spoiling I'll just say it's much a much more depressing tale than I'd expected which may have taken away from some of my experience.
3/5

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
3. The Blackwell Legacy
header.jpg

Well this was shorter than the first time I played it. Short, simple and good PnC adventure game. The AGS shows its age, but the game carries through with its voice acting and characters.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Main Post

7. Escape Goat - Jan. 12 (2.2h)
header.jpg

Fun little puzzle platformer. Has some nice puzzles with a fairly limited number of actions you can do, but they don't stretch out the game to the point where it starts feeling repetitive. Not one of the very best puzzle games I've played, but a solid game that I think was worth the time investment.

Escape Goat is that short?
Looks like Steam hadn't updated my playtime when I looked at it. Fixed now, though I didn't do a 100% completion on it.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #20 - Adam Wolfe (Season One?)
Time: 6 hours

Back at the start of 2017 I told myself I would try new genres that year. Visual Novels, 4X games... I ended up doing no such thing. Maybe 2018 will be different, because I have just played my very first Hidden Object Game, and it turns out, I kinda loved it. Maybe this is cheating as it seems Adam Wolfe is more of a hybrid of adventure game and HoG than most pure HoGs (funny acronym btw), but I was surprisingly into this. Im a sucker for supernatural detective stories (no surprise since I love the Blackwell series for example) and this has all the crazyness you can expect from one of those. Demons, Ghosts, Evil Cults, you name it. Great puzzles, great art, lot of animation and "action" scenes to my surprise (again, I expected this genre to be mostly static screens), good length and a cool story that unfortunately ends on a cliffhanger leaving me hoping for a Season 2 (hence, the question in the title) made this easily my biggest surprise of the year so far along with LiEat (and like that game, also one of my favorites so far). Will I rush to play a ton of hidden object games now? Probably not, but im certainly open to the genre now.

header.jpg

Game #21 - Owlboy
Time: 10 hours

What a bittersweet feeling I'm left with after finishing Owlboy. It has all the ingredients to be a all time classic, but for some reason, it never meshes them together to do that. It has fantastic 2d art (some of the best around really), great music, the story is pretty good as are the characters. But unfortunately the gameplay is a bit bland and it never really "feels great" to play, its hard to explain without playing it. It also becomes increasingly frustrating in the second half of the game, as I felt it traded fair challenge for cheapness. I still think it's well worth playing, its a good platform adventure and quite lenghty, just dont go in expecting the 10 year in the making classic that it could have been. It's a good game that should have been a great game. Shame.

Main Post

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
When I started this game I was enjoying it. I loved the puzzle-y dungeons, bite sized as they were, but after finishing the first area and finding out how big the game map and world was, my interest in this game sank like a rock in a pond.

Having clocked nearly 40 hours into this, mainly doing main missions of running around this game like a clueless hobo with an agenda, my full experience with this game isn't very positive.
I do like the dungeons and puzzle-y nature of them, but I disliked just about everything else: The big ass world, the limited equipment ineventory & the durability mechanic are my chief gripes I'd say.

Mind you i do enjoy exploring in a game, but not when it's this big. Sadly the early rewards from engaging in combat and exploring that I experienced immediately turned me off from bothering to do any others. Looking at the list of side quests, later ones do reward you with Rupees which is useful, but some others just give you food items. I guess this is what's turned me off even further.
There are a few interesting side quests but they seem to involve either doing fetch quests or engaging in some pretty lengthy activity. The town building side quest looks interesting at least. After a quick read, one could earn a combined total of 4,000 Rupees from sidequests. Not a bad figure all said but it seems pretty low for the time expended to acquire them.

One thing I'll give the game credit though is when you're at a higher elevation like on a mountain or hill and then you can see the areas beyond. Impressive from a visual stand point, but such a thing could still be achieved were it smaller. If I'll give this big ass map anything, it's just being able to position yourself somewhere and just soak in the scenery...but then I remember the 20 odd hours I spent running around like a clueless hobo and that majesty becomes bittersweet.

This game would've been fine if it just compacted everything and it still would've been great, because even if they're easy, the dungeons (shrines and Gundams) were quite fun to play through.

As is this is my least fav. LoZ game, but I'm aiming to play through the rest of the series in the future, because if those shrines were any indication, then I'm bound to enjoy the puzzle-y dungeons in the old games as well.

Last edited:

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

~GAMES FINISHED IN 2018~

1. Oxenfree [29/12/17 - 2/1/18]
7oShzTX.jpg

~8 hours over two playthroughs. 6.5/10

Thoughts here.

2. Psychonauts [30/12/17 - 12/01/18]
LK0CfQG.jpg

~16 hours. 8.5/10

Thoughts here.

3. Snipperclips [11/01/18 - 13/01/18]
GoaQUfK.png

~3 hours. 6.5/10

Thoughts here.

4. Limbo [13/01/18 - 13/01/18]
5xzy81I.jpg

~2 hours. 7/10

Thoughts here.

5. The Stanley Parable [14/01/18 - 14/01/18]
dp8Dh5t.jpg

~4 hours. 8/10

Thoughts here.

6. Super Mario Odyssey [27/10/17 - 16/01/18]
fNBiYW7.png

~40 hours. 9/10

Thoughts here.

7. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions [16/01/18 - 26/01/18]
P4yLOO3.jpg

~60 hours. 9/10

Thoughts here.

8. What Remains of Edith Finch [26/01/18 - 27/01/18]
qEo1IPy.jpg

~2 hours. 8/10

Thoughts here.

9. Gorogoa [31/01/18 - 01/02/18]
YBdOc1y.jpg

~2 hours. 7.5/10

Thoughts here.

10. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia [4/6/17 - 02/02/18]
oja1eXb.jpg

~66 hours after finishing DLC. 8.5/10

Thoughts here.

11. Demon's Souls [01/02/18- 08/02/18]
uZTX7bR.png

~35 hours. 9/10

Thoughts here.

12. Red Dead Redemption [10/02/18 - 16/02/18]
yhFXCL2.png

~26 hours. 8/10

Thoughts here.

13. Doki Doki Literature Club [24/02/18 - 27/02/18]
U5Cg1L3.jpg

~5 hours. 7.5/10

Thoughts here.

14. The Beginner's Guide [27/02/18 - 27/02/18]
MIJh05C.jpg

~2 hours. 5/10

Thoughts here.

15. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) [15/03/18 - 16/03/18]
o6HpspA.jpg

5 hours, 32 minutes. 8.5/10 (Original is a 10/10)

Thoughts here.

16. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice [18/03/18 - 18/03/18]
6RWtVc9.jpg

~7 hours. 9/10

Thoughts here.

17. SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt [24/03/18 - 25/03/18]
1b707Sv.jpg

6 hours, 48 minutes. 8/10

Thoughts here.

18. God of War [20/04/18 - 29/04/18]
Q2e4mxF.jpg

~40+ hours. 9.5/10

Thoughts here.

19. SteamWorld Dig 2 [27/03/18 - 29/06/18]
5lYOTYK.jpg

11 hours, 21 minutes. 9/10

Thoughts here.

20. Beyond Good & Evil HD [29/06/18 - 08/07/18]
knLHaIH.png

~12 hours to Platinum. 7.5/10

Thoughts here.

21. Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle [29/06/18 - 12/07/18]
RNXkYdm.jpg

~30 hours. 8/10

Thoughts here.

22. Mega Man 2 [27/7/18 - 27/7/18]
ljVJc23.png

4 hours, 25 mins. 9.5/10

Thoughts here.

23. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night [21/7/18 - 31/7/18]
tKzoeh8.png

10 hours, 17 mins (plus probably another hour or so of deaths). 9/10

Thoughts here.

24. Metroid Zero Mission [1/8/18 - 3/8/18]
6M0OVGC.png

3 hours, 14 mins. 8/10

Thoughts here.

25. Batman: Arkham Asylum [4/8/18 - 7/8/18]
YYsQ7x3.jpg

~12hrs. 8.5/10

Thoughts here.

26. Alex Kidd in Miracle World [8/8/18 - 8/8/18]
jVLxvKC.png

~4hrs. 7.5/10

27. Alan Wake [8/8/18 - 10/8/18]
tyXg3xl.jpg

~10 hours. 5/10

28. Batman: Arkham City [11/8/18 - 15/8/18]
Zz7PpXl.jpg

~26 hours. 10/10

Thoughts here.

29. Overcooked 2 [11/8/18 - 26/8/18]
2Yuv0nn.jpg

~7 hours. 8/10

30. Inside [27/8/18 - 27/8/18]
header.jpg

~4 hours. 9/10

31. Spider-Man [Started 7/9/18-13/9/18]
0Gf9B8E.png

~28 hours. 8/10

32. Okami [Started 19/9/18 - 7/10/18]
h6nrYOP.jpg

~30hrs. 9/10

33. Resident Evil Remake HD [9/5/18 - 11/10/18]
X0DTWh4.jpg

15hrs, 27 minutes. 8/10

34. Luigi's Mansion [12/10/18 - 13/10/18]
mDjvcL7.png

~6 hours.
5/10

35. Into the Breach [13/10/18 - 20/10/18]
wmjoDq3.png

~30 hours (and counting). 9.5/10

36. Florence [17/12/18 - 17/12/18]
31968.jpg

~40 minutes. Feels weird giving this a number rating. I loved it though. Clever interactive storytelling.

37. Astro Bot [Started 14/12/18 - 17/12/18]
8DW4Bl5-qJTajuW0FcANIGHqIGx5UJ-vU1LSoowIRwE.jpg

~12 hours for 100% completion. 9.5/10

38. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [Started 7/12/18 - Ongoing]
2o2A283.png

~20 hours (and counting). Might as well just put this one here now. 8.5/10

39. Minecraft (Ender Dragon) [??-23/12/18]
0zApnOC.png

~25 hours this run, but probably thousands of hours since 2010. 10/10

40. Doom [Started 1/12/18 - 30/12/18]
Xbkg012.jpg

~20 hours. 8/10

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
5. Blackwell Unbound
header.jpg

Unbound takes place some 30 years before the events of the first game and follows Joey as he helps ghosts come to terms with their death and go onto the next world.
Outside of the story, gameplay is pretty much similar to the first one. Non the less it's another good PnC game from Wadjet Eye.

6. Blackwell Convergence
header.jpg

Not much to add, but by this game we see how the first 2 games tie into it and how this game starts a major plot thread that'll be explored over the next 2 games.

Last edited:

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Main Post

GAME #1 - Mayohiga - January 13 - 7/10
~2 hours

So, thirteen days later, I finished game 1... and it's a short freeware RPG Maker horror game. We're off to a good start.

That's not a slight against the game itself, which was pretty fun, with a cool atmosphere (it's not scary at all, just sorta disturbing at times with the design of the monsters) and decent puzzles. The story is also basically Spirited Away but creepier, and I'm down for that. I love RPG Maker games, the limitations of the engine and the fact that's usually one person breeds creativity in a way that's fascinating. It's a cool scene!

Oct 25, 2017
New York
1. Never Stop Sneakin' - Switch - 1/3 - 65 - 15:00
2. Night in the Woods - PC - 1/4 - 85 - 08:00
3. Bleed - PC - 1/6 - 75 - 01:06
4. Bleed 2 - PC - 1/6 - 80 - 01:00
5. Mr. Shifty - PC - 1/7 - 80 - 03:00
6. Bury me, my Love - iOS - 1/7 - 80 -
7. Tekken 7 - PC - 1/9 - 85 -
8. Passpartout - PC - 1/14 - 75 - 05:00
9. Steamworld Heist: Ultimate Edition - Switch - 1/20 - 90 - 15:00
10. Ruiner - PC - 1/27 - 78 - 05:00
11. DOOM (2016) - Switch - 1/29 - 90 - 15:00
12. SteamWorld Dig - Switch - 2/5 - 80 -
13. DOOM (2016) - PS4 - 2/7 - 90 -
14. Cuphead - PC - 2/14 - 95 -
15. Bayonetta 2 - Switch - 2/19 - 95 -
16. Call of Duty: WWII - XO - 2/25 - 70 -
17. Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Bonus Episode: Farewell - PS4 - 3/15 - 80 -
18. Shadoweof the Colossus (2018) - PS4 - 3/19 - 100 -
19. Tesla vs Lovecraft - Switch - 3/21 - 80 -
20. Dragon Ball Fighterz - PC - 3/21 - 90 -
21. Sonic Mania - Switch - 3/25 - 70 -
22. Monument Valley 2 - iOS - 3/25 - 80 -
23. Kirby Star Allies - Switch - 3/26 - 80 -
24. Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) - PS4 - 3/30 - 70 -
25 . DOOM (2016) - XO - 4/2 - 90 -

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Switch - 1/11 - 78 hours: Best Switch game I've played thus far. Really enjoyed the characters and setting. The map layout was a big negative in my eyes and really hurt my overall feelings toward the game.

2. Resident Evil 7 - PSVR - 1/13 - 10 hours: Amazing game can't wait to see where they go with the next installment.

3. Bioshock - PS4 - 1/14 - 16 hours: Just finished it and I rank it in my all time top 10. Everything from the gameplay to the setting and the lore was top notch. You can definitely see where Prey got a lot of inspiration from.

4. Batman Arkham VR - PSVR - 1/16 - 2 hours: One of the best PSVR games I've played thus far. I'm afraid of heights so a couple parts were scary for me haha. Would definitely recommend to any Batman fans out there.

5. Oxenfree - PS4 - 1/18 - 4 hours: Really enjoyed the 1st 2 hours of the game. It felt like it dragged a bit in the middle, but really enjoyed the ending.

6. Stories: The Path of Destinies - PS4 - 1/20 - 10 hours: Was slowly playing this game this month as not to get tired of the repetitive combat and replaying levels to get all the endings and just couldn't. Got to 12 endings and called it. Not a bad game and I should've stopped after the true ending might've scored it a bit higher at that point.

7. The Inpatient - PSVR - 1/23 - 3 hours: One of my most anticipated PSVR titles that will release this year and I was left disappointed. Controls were bad and the ending felt rushed. Game is nowhere near as good as Until Dawn.

8. Bioshock 2 - PS4 - 1/27 - 17 hours: Amazing game, not quite as good as Bioshock, but the way in which it expands on the lore and story of Rapture is amazing.

9. Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den - PS4 - 1/30 - 5 hours: Not as good as the main game, but still really good. I don't know why I never played them before, but I'm really glad I did and now to play Bioshock Infinite.

10. Gears of War - XBOX 1 - 2/5 - 11 hours: I haven't played Gears of War 4 yet so I figured let me replay the trilogy before I delve into that game and damn I forgot how good the original is. The level design and gameplay are so good and the story is good enough to keep me playing.

11. Bioshock Infinite - PS4 - 2/13 - 17 hours: Best gameplay in the series, but weakest plot as well. The ending was definitely not expected and now I want to play the dlc to see how it all ties into the other games.

12. Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea - PS4 - 2/17 - 8 hours: Really loved the dlc and how it all tied back into the original. Really interested in seeing what Ken Levine has cooking at his new studio.

13. Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 1 - 2/19 - 5 1/2 hours: I've never played the game before, but have heard good things about it and it lived up to it. Gameplay was ok, but the narrative was top notch.

14. Metro: Last Light - PS4 - 2/23 - 10 1/2 hours: Amazing experience and has me even more hyped for Metro: Exodus. The world building/level design are top tier. Can't say enough great things about the game or franchise.

15. Child of Light - PS4 - 2/25 - 11 1/2 hours: What a beautiful game from the art style to the soundtrack. The world is wonderfully crafted and I can't believe it took me 2 years to finally play this wonderful game.

16. Moss - PSVR - 2/27 - 4 1/2 hours: Quite possibly my favorite PSVR game. I really loved the puzzles and the soundtrack. Combat was ok, but everything else was great. Hopefully the gamedoes well enough and we get the sequel.

17. Gears of War 2 - XBOX 1 - 3/5 - 11 hours: My favorite in the series. The game starts of slow, but by the end I didn't want it to end.

18. Batman: Arkham Asylum - PS4 - 3/6 - 15 hours: Being itching to replay this game for awhile and it's still as good as I remember. I really liked the being tied to Arkham Island/Asylum. The game doesn't feel bloated like Arkham Knight.

19. Batman: Arkham City - PS4 - 3/9 - 18 hours: After playing this and Asylum I'm hoping we get something similar to them and not something like Arkham Knight.

20. Fallout: New Vegas - Xbox 1 - 3/20 - 75 hours: Replay of the game with NCR. Game is still amazing and hoping Obsidian gets a crack at another Fallout in the future.

21. Mafia 3 - PS4 - 3/24 - 32 hours - Started the game back at launch, but stuff came up and never got back to it until now. I have to say I really enjoyed the story. Gameplay can get repetitive, but the story kept me going.

22. Mafia 3: Faster Baby - PS4 - 3/25 - 2 hours: I was expecting some throwaway dlc, but I enjoyed the villain and really loved Roxy. Hoping they could've fleshed out more though.

23. Mafia 3: Stones Unturned - PS4 - 3/25 - 2 1/2 hours: Another fun dlc, unlike the last one I felt this was the right length.

24. Far Cry 5 - PS4 - 3/31 - 31 1/2 hours: What a treat. Gameplay wise it's my favorite Far Cry game to date still and it might just be my favorite in the series. Also had an amazing soundtrack that I'll be listening to throughout the year.

25. Gears of War 3 - XBOX 1 - 4/3 - 9 hours: After this replay I can safely say Gears 3 is my favorite Gears game and Microsoft exclusive. What a ride with some tears in there mixed with the amazing gameplay and narrative.

26. Gears of War 4 - XBOX 1 - 4/6 - 9 1/2 hours: I enjoyed the game for the most part. The parts that I could've done without were the build/horde mode chapters. Not sure what they were going for there, but I didn't like them. Aside from that I really enjoyed the dynamic been JD, Kait, and Del. Ending was really good as well and will be there day 1 for Gears of War 5.

27. Rise of the Tomb Raider - PS4 - 4/10 - 20 hours: Never got around to finishing the game before, it was always one thing or another getting in the way, but now that I have I really enjoyed my time with it. Lara has always been one of my favorite video game characters since she debuted back on PS1 and it's always a treat raiding tombs with her. Hopefully I can play Shadow of the Tomb Raider day 1 without any hitches.

28. Rise of the Tomb Raider: Baba Yaga - PS4 - 4/10 - 2 hours: It was ok. Didn't like it didn't hate it. The boss fight was a chore though.

29. Rise of the Tomb Raider: Blood Ties - PSVR - 4/11 - 2 hours: Went in expecting nothing and was pleasantly surprised. Really enjoyed diving into the Croft family lore and VR definetly added to the experience.

30. MLB The Show 18 - PS4 - 4/15: No idea on the hours played. I love baseball so this is the 1 sports game I get every year. Will continue playing, but I consider finishing 1 full year in the majors in Road to the Show as finishing the game.

31. God of War - PS4 - 4/26 - 40 hours: Really enjoyed the direction they took the franchise as the old formula was getting old. It has 1 of the If not the most hypest moment in video game history and the entire game specifically the ending was so well done. Not many games bring a tear to my eye and this game had several moments like that.

32. Alan Wake's American Nightmare - XBOX 1 - 5/4 - 6 hours: This was a swimming in 7's type of game. Had some really good parts I enjoyed, but some parts/designs I didn't. If only there was a way to play Alan Wake on Xbox 1.

33. Dead Space - Xbox 1 - 5/8 - 14 hours: 1st time playing this game and wow. The gameplay mechanics, the weapons, the atmosphere are all so well done. Will be diving into the rest of the series over the summer.

34. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PS4 - 5/21 - 175 hours: Decided to finally go for the platinum as I never got it back on PS3. So loaded up a old save and completed the Thieves guild, Dark Brotherhood and Companion quest lines. Still remains in my all time top 10 games. Absolutely love the world, lore, soundtrack, etc. Will be finishing up the dlc's next.

35. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard - PS4 - 5/21 - 15 hours: Enjoyed the dlc despite hating Serana. Had more to do with her being forced as my follower. Really loved the Vale section and some of the smaller dungeons. Will be playing thru Dragonborn sometime this week.

36. Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris - PS4 - 5/21 - 5 hours: Bought the season pass at launch, but hadn't gotten around to doing the dlc until tonight. Did the campaign and some extras. Was better than I was expecting. Reminded me that Bungie excels at gunplay. Will be diving into the new dlc soon.

37. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn - PS4 - 5/23 - 20 hours: Really liked the Solstheim setting, but disliked the 2nd half of the main quest. The side quests made up for it though as I enjoyed them.

38. Destiny 2: Warmind - PS4 - 5/24 - 6 hours: Did the campaign, adventures and extra stuff like the new world event. Had fun with it will definitely playthrough at least this weekend with Iron Banner up and running and see if I'll stick with it or wait until the next expansion/dlc.

39. Detroit Become Human - PS4 - 5/26 - 10 hours: My favorite Quantic Dream and interactive drama game yet. Really loved the voice acting and feeling like my choices mattered. The Kara OST was my favorite of the 3.

40. Dead Space 2 - Xbox 1 - 5/28 - 11 1/2 hours: I hated the beginning, if I hadn't enjoyed Dead Space so much I would've dropped it. Good thing I didn't as I loved it even more than the first. The game felt harder and the last 2 chapters felt like a long boss fight and I loved it. Really enjoyed Isaac's journey thru the game and will be finishing the trilogy sometime over the summer.

41. Street Fighter - PS4 - 5/29 - 45 minutes: Some might say this is cheating, but a finished game is a finished game. I've never played the original before so I was surprised that you can only use Ryu. Game wasn't that good so good thing it was short. Now comes the rest of the collection.

42. Golden Axe 2 - PS4 - 5/31 - 1 hour: Never played any of the Golden Axe games as a kid and tried all 3 from the Sega collection and 2 was the only one that kept me intrigued enough to finish. Not a great game by any means, but still enjoyable.

43. Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers - PS4 - 5/31 - 8 hours: Beat arcade mode with all 16 fighters. Had never played this version before so decided this would be the one I'll play the arcade mode for the SF2 games.

44. Far Cry 5: Hours of Darkness - PS4 - 6/5 - 5 hours: A lot of the improvements from the base game such as the perks weren't present here. It seemed more of a dlc for Far Cry 4 then 5. Still enjoyed it, but seemed like a step back.

45. Final Fantasy 3 (6) - SNES Classic - 6/6 - 42 hours: Got to Kefka as a kid and never finished it, so was looking to right a wrong. Beat all 8 dragons and Doom Gaze before I took on Kefka. Really enjoyed the OST and the game minus some complaints. Wouldn't rank it in my top 5 Final Fantasy games, but still a solid game.

46. Streets of Rage - PS4 - 6/7 - 1 hour: Really love the series and now I can say I've beaten them all. Those twins were a pain to deal with and where harder than the final boss. Really love the feel of the game compared to Golden Axe.

47. Madden NFL 18 - Xbox 1 - 6/15 - 4 hours: First Madden game I've played since the start of the generation and only have it because it came included with my X purchase a few months back. Only played the story mode so far. It was better then I expected and if they continue it next year I can see myself getting Madden with its 20 dollars or less.

48. Phantasy Star 2 - PS4 - 6/21 - 42 hours: Replaying or this case case playing for the 1st time the 3 Phantasy Star games that came included in the Sega Genesis collection. The game didn't wow me as much as it probably would've if I had played this back at release, but all in all not a bad game. Really enjoyed the music when it wasn't distorted which happened quite often on Dezo. The grind was real and boring as is the case in most JRPG's. Would've probably rated it a 9+ if I had played it back on original release, but as it is it's a 6 maybe 7 kinda game.

49. Life Is Strange - PS4 - 6/22 - 15 hours: Finally got around to finishing the game after leaving off on the 3rd episode previously. Really enjoyed it and while the 5th episode was to weird and slow the first 4 episodes were great to amazing. Looking forward to finishing Before the Storm before Season 2 releases.

50. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit - PS4 - 6/26 - 2 hours: Really enjoyed it and can't wait to play Life is Strange Season 2. Did all of the mini quests with the exception of finding the treasure location.

51. Fallout 3 - Xbox 1 - 6/29 - 55 hours: Started a new playthrough earlier this year with the intention of finally playing all the dlc with the exception of Broken Steel which I'd already played previously. Enjoyed all of them except Mothership Zeta. Wasn't bad, but not my flavor. Love the Fallout universe and excited for Fallout 76.

52. The Last of Us - PS4 - 7/7 - 16 hours: The GOAT. Finished up my yearly playthrough and I thought it would be fitting to make it my 52th game of the year. Really nothing I can say that I haven't said before about this game other then it's a masterpiece.

53. Final Fantasy 12 - PS4 - 7/13 - 60 hours: Tried the game previously for about 5 hours and it didn't grab me. I decided to give it another shot and this time I really enjoyed the game. The gambit system is so well done and I'm surprised they didn't continue using it. Overall I enjoyed it and glad I gave it another chance.

54. Assassins Creed Origins - PS4 - 7/21 - 62 hours: Finished the main campaign and it's the best Assassins Creed game I've played. The Crocodile main quest line is one of the best quest lines I've ever played and it had me feeling the whole range of the emotional spectrum. I'm now day 1 for AC Odyssey and the dlc's are next.

55. Assassins Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones - PS4 - 7/25 - 10 hours: Really good piece of dlc. Not sure if it was the same in the base game, but the clipping into the mountains was really noticeable here and a big direction. Aside from that I really enjoyed the dlc and Bayek is so well voiced.

56. Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs - PS4 - 7/28 - 16 hours: Didn't enjoy it as much as the Hidden Ones dlc, but still a solid dlc. Really enjoyed the afterlife sections. They were all so well done.

57. Banner Saga 3 - PS4 - 7/29 - 9 1/2 hours: Fitting end to 1 of the best recent trilogy's in video games. The OST is so good and matches the bleakness of the world. Gameplay wise not much changed from the 1st two games, but that's a good thing since why fix what isn't broken.

58. 1979 Revolution: Black Friday - PS4 - 8/1 - 2 1/2 hours: Have been interested in it since it launch on PC awhile back. I had no idea it was being ported onto consoles until I saw a PS blog post so I scooped it up and am glad I experienced this game. Not much to say without going into spoiler territory, but if you enjoy interactive dramas then try this game out.

59. Dead Space 3 - Xbox 1 - 8/2 - 20 hours: I really enjoyed my time with the game. If I had to rank them right now I would say 1 is still the best followed by 3. There were some changes made to the economy that I didn't like and those co-op only missions are bullshit. With that said the combat felt good and the story put a nice bow on the trilogy.

60. Life is Strange: Before the Storm - PS4 - 8/4 - 11 hours: I loved it more then the main series. Chloe is such a great character and I'm glad we got to explore more of hers and Rachel's story.

61. XCom 2 - PS4 - 8/12 - 45 hours: What a game. I've never played XCom before so this was my intro to the series and wow what have I been missing all these years. Everything about it was so well done. Would've definetly been in the running for my GotY in whatever year this released.

62. Mass Effect - Xbox 1 - 8/18 - 36 hours: 1st time replaying it this generation and the game is still very good. Side quests can get very repetitive especially with the same 2 or 3 designs they have for dungeons/areas, but it's just a minor complaint compared to everything the game does right.

63. Mass Effect 2 - Xbox 1 - 8/24 - 50 hours: I love this game. I do wish it had the RPG elements on Mass Effect though. Few games do high stakes situations better then this game and the character interactions and world are top tier as well.

64. Yakuza Kiwami 2 - PS4 - 9/5 - 39 Hours:
Story along with the characters were amazing. Hostess mini game along with the quest line where enjoyable. Kiryu is such a great character and hoping Yakuza 3 remastered makes its way to the West.

65. Marvel's Spider-Man - PS4 - 9/11 - 25 Hours: The combat, traversal, and story were all amazing. Some of the side content was dull or repetitive though. The end of Act 1 and 3 were so well done and place this game in my top 3 for GotY contender.

66. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - Switch - 9/18 - 31 hours: Really loved the expansion. I enjoyed all the characters and story. Even though you already know what's going to happen the road there was worth it.

67. Life is Strange 2: Episode 1- PS4 - 9/26 - 4 hours: Amazing start to the new season. As a 1st generation American (parents are from Mexico as well) I can relate to the issues the brothers go thru as far as racism go. A certain scene hit real close to home and now I'll patiently wait for episode 2.

68. Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 1 - 9/27 - 55 hours: Did a full replay with all dlc. Really love how it begins and ends on Earth. Also enjoyed the high stakes throughout the game with the Reapers chasing you while you're scanning planets and all the encounters with them.

69. Resistance: Fall of Man - PS3 - 10/1 - 8 hours: Replaying this has me yearning for a Remastered collection of the trilogy. Never was a fan of the click R3 to zoom in any game, but did like the weapon variety that Insomniac did and does feel like an Insomniac game. Really like the narrative as well as it does just enough to keep you engaged.

70. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - PSVR - 10/4 - 7 hours: Best game I've played on VR and will be in my GotY contender list. Gameplay and OST are top tier.

71. Assassins Creed Odyssey - PS4 - 10/22 - 130 hours: Great game hurt by a poor ending. I was considering it for top 3 in my personal GotY, but the family ending hurt an otherwise great game. I loved exploring every nook out in the world and it had some of the best side quests since The Witcher 3.

72. Marvel's Spider-Man: The Heist - PS4 - 10/23 - 3 hours: Started off slow, but by the end I didn't want it to end. Can't wait for the 2nd episode next month.

73. Resistance 2 - PS3 - 10/25 - 8 hours: Enjoyed my replay of it more then the 1st Resistance. The radio broadcasts do a great job of painting the bleakness of the world. Did miss the weapon wheel, but not a big deal and Sgt/Lt Hale is not the great character I remember, but overall still love the game and hopefully we get another entry in the series someday.

74. Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4 - 11/6 - 65 hours: What an amazing experience Rockstar has given us. Arthur's story is so well done and it also made me appreciate John that much more. The soundtrack might be my favorite of the year and the game as well.

75. Resistance 3 - PS3 - 11/15 - 8 hours: My favorite of the series by far. Joe is a better character then Hale by a mile. Everything is stepped up from the the 2 previous games. The story and gameplay are noticeably better. I'm really glad I replayed the series and I might replay the Killzone trilogy next year as a result.

76. Marvel's Spider-Man: Turf Wars - PS4 - 11/20 - 4 hours: Another solid piece of dlc and curious to see how it finishes next month. I was never a fan of the challenges and these are the worst part of the game for me. Especially the stealth ones. The combat and web swinging still feel as amazing as it did back at launch.

77. Dragon Quest 11 - PS4 - 12/11 - 80 hours: I loved so many things about this game, but it was missing something to make it special in my eyes. I enjoyed all the characters except Erik and Sylvano. They had their moments, but a lot of times I was just skipping their dialogue when they spoke. Next up is the post game content. Not sure I'll do it all, but I'll give it a go at least.

78. Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - Xbox 1 - 2/13 - 20 hours: Really enjoyed my time with this game. It was shorter then I expected, but the lore of the universe was really well done and hopefully it sells well enough for us to get the sequel and see how they build on the wonderful universe and systems.

79. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - PS4 - 12/20 - 55 hours: Amazing game and really amped up my love of the Witcher universe. Here's hoping we get some more entries in the future.

80. Marvel's Spider-Man: Silver Lining - PS4 - 12/21 - 4 hours: Great ending to the dlc trilogy. Can't wait to see where they take the loose threads in the sequel. Lovely little tribute to Stan Lee at the end as well.

Last edited:

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Master post.

3: The Walking Dead: New Frontier - PS4 (Jan 13th - 7 hours?)

# My 209th platinum trophy. I wasn't the biggest fan of season 2 after loving season 1 so it was great to feel this was back up with the initial quality. Clementine continues to be just an all round great character. Fantastic voice actress, great design, I love her. The new characters were all great too and I liked how some of the acts are played in flashbacks to build some depth with them. There were a few moments which were kind of stupid and illogical intended to give the player tough choices rather than quite fitting in with what's happening but overall it was a well written experience that's occasionally also pretty emotional. I did get two hard crashes forcing me to turn my PS4 off though which almost never happens on any game I play and had to replay some chapters so it gets knocked down a little for that. 8.5/10

Last edited:

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
36/52

1. The End is Nigh (PC)
header.jpg

I kind of have loved this game. Didn't know I missed playing Super Meat Boy. It's made my top 10 of 2017, if I get around to making one for the thread.

2. Papers, Please (PC)
header.jpg

Remembered that I never completed this game when it came out. It's embarrassing how much I genuinely enjoy cross-checking paperwork. I went for a loyal stooge play-through, and ended with 3 citations (one of which was mandatory, and two of which I role-played that my stooge character was moved enough (finally) to do the right thing for once).

3. HackyZack (PC)
header.jpg

Another hardcore platformer. Really didn't think I'd suddenly enjoy platformers again (been burned out for 3 or 4 years). So there are games that will have a fun physics object to dink around with, such as the basketball in Deus Ex. I always love those little touches, and this is sort of a game of that. I found playing Super Meat Boy while guiding a ball around with me to be a compelling and fun time.

4. Portal 2 (PC)
header.jpg

Replayed this. It's still good.

5. Mr. Shifty (PC)
header.jpg

It's Hotline Miami with short range teleporting. I enjoyed it. Kind of blew through it and forgot it though.

6. Steamworld Dig 2 (Vita)
header.jpg

I won't buy SteamWorld Dig 3, but I did enjoy revisiting the concept for the second time around.

7. Agents of Mayhem
header.jpg

I quite enjoyed it. Combat was fun enough to carry me through a playthrough.

8. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
header.jpg

Bought this because of a $5 price mistake and finally got around to playing it. Fun little time.

9. Icycle: On Thin Ice
header.jpg

This game is beautiful and charming. It's like playing a Rune Goldberg machine sequence from a Pixar movie.

10. Action Henk
header.jpg

Very solid trial-based, skillful platformer.

11. Leap of Fate
header.jpg

It's Hand of Fate done in the style of Diablo. I very much enjoyed it.

12. Stories: The Path of Destinies
header.jpg

Wore out its welcome, but it's a delightful romp while it lasts.

13. Styx: Shards of Darkness
header.jpg

I adore the level design and its verticality. Love playing through levels multiple times under different styles. Its unwieldy nature mars the experience, but it's still fantastic.

14. Dirty Bomb
header.jpg

One of my favorite FPS multiplayer games of all time. The game is riddled with little problems, but the core is amazing. Too bad it'll be dead within a year... probably. ALL SHOOTERS I LIKE DIE! Keep me far away from your favorite!

15. Battlerite
header.jpg

Bloodline Champions was great and so is this lightly streamlined version.

16. Rainbow Six: Siege
header.jpg

The game's great, but the client-server desync is endlessly frustrating. If RS:S 2 were the same game with a rebuilt from the ground up code base and perfected net-code, I would buy it!

17. Paladins
header.jpg

Surprisingly fun for such a slap-dash shooter.

18. SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell
header.jpg

Uproariously entertaining. Very addictive. The loop of trying to beat the gold time, followed by perfecting your run by learning from the leaderboard's best never tires.

19. Serial Cleaner
header.jpg

A bit limited in its appeal. It's a decent time.

20. Slay the Spire
header.jpg

Very addictive. I want to like card games but generally don't--this is one of the few I really enjoy.

21. Yooka-Laylee
header.jpg

Thought it was pretty solid. I enjoyed exploring and jumping about.

22. God of War

Pretty compelling, bit frustrating. Gorgeous game. Enjoyed it enough to beat it.

23. Bioshock Remastered
header.jpg

Still a great time--my 2nd playthrough. I don't love it, but it is very good.

24. Realm Royale
header.jpg

God damn this game was crack for me. I could not stop playing. Adding abilities, classes, a horse and shrinking the map made battle royale a very compelling genre all of a sudden. I haven't enjoyed a shooter this much since Dirty Bomb. I did burn myself out on it though and it'll probably die off before I feel the need to return.

25. Fallout: New Vegas
header.jpg

People were right about this game. The writing and the way the quest lines intersect is extremely impressive. It's damn good.

26. SOMA
header.jpg

It's basically a walking simulator, but quite possibly my favorite one I've come across. I had a very nice time. Good voice acting, thick pressing atmosphere and interesting sci-fi story. There's almost no gameplay, which is good because I find this brand of spartan stealth to be wanting. The environmental puzzles were simple and easy, but I liked them a lot because the variety was surprisingly good. A sharp contrast to doing 3,000 pipe puzzles in BioShock.

27. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
header.jpg

Pretty good stand-alone. They finally got rid of the pointless mana system! I wish they would back-port that feature to Dishonored 2 and 1!

28. Hollow Knight
header.jpg

Very good metroidvania.

29. Zenith
header.jpg

This is a bad game and I don't recommend it to anyone. But I honestly really enjoyed it. The writing, characters, story and humor carried me through the poor combat.

30. The Signal from Tolva
header.jpg

I also don't recommend this game. It's like if Ubisoft made an FPS, but there was no main questline or any side quests. There's only points of interest, literally. There aren't even towers to climb to fill out the map. It's a game of going to points on a map with some basic combat and cryptic story tacked on. It's still kind of cool all the same and it was a good "podcast game" for a few hours.

31. Subsurface Circular
header.jpg

Interesting but not amazing. The connection to Thomas Was Alone is quite an amazing moment though.

32. Lords of the Fallen
header.jpg

This is an easier Dark Souls. I had fun. I've never been in to or good at character action games. I hated Demon's Souls, had on okay but short stint in Dark Souls and kind of liked Bloodbourne but only played for about 8 hours. Since I've dipped my toe in to the genre a few times now and the easier difficulty of this game resulted in me actually enjoying the genre finally. Now that I've beaten this game and understand the genre better, maybe I'll have a much better time in Bloodbourne or Dark Souls when I give it another shot.

33. South Park: The Stick of Truth
header.jpg

Played this blind. Very pleasantly surprised. Looks just like the show and is pretty fun. The combat is sometimes poorly balanced but still entertaining.

34. Watch Dogs 2
header.jpg

Honestly, this is probably more fun than GTA V. Hacking invasions were the highlight of multiplayer.

35. DOOM
header.jpg

One of the few single player FPS that are worth playing once multiplayer's thrills ruin them for you. It's good because it's designed for single player with different enemies requiring different approaches. It's why Half Life, DOOM et al are good.

36. Hitman 2
header.jpg

Another good one from IO. Finding really fast SA runs, doing escalations as fast as possible and planning out an Elusive are the best things about the game for me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Games completed 43/52

1. Tales of Berseria (PS4) 1/13/2018
Solid JRPG. Compliments Tales of Zesteria very well!

2. Episode Gladiolus (PS4) 1/25/2018
Kind of felt like a crappy version of GoW.

3. Episode Prompto (PS4) 1/27/2018
Mediocre

4. Episode Ignis (PS4) 1/27/2018

5. Batman: The Enemy Within Episode 3 (PS4)

6. Batman: The Enemy Within Episode 4 (PS4)

7. Rayman Legends (Switch)
Genuinely a fantastic game.

8. Golf Story (Switch)

9. Nier Automata (PS4)

10. Viper Phase 1 (arcade)

11. Area 51: site 4 (arcade)

12. Oxenfree (Switch)

13. Life is Strange (BtS): Farewell (PS4)

14. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2: Episode 1 (PS4)

15. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2: Episode 2 (PS4)

16. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2: Episode 3 (PS4)

17.Minecraft Story Mode Season 2: Episode 4 (PS4)

18. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2: Episode 5 (PS4)

19. Opus the day we found earth (switch)

20. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (switch)

21. Batman The Enemy Within: Episode 5 (PS4)

22. Far Cry 5 (PS4)

23. AC: Origins The Hidden Ones (PS4)

24. AC: Origins Curse of the Pharaohs (PS4)

25. MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries

26. God of War (PS4 2018)

27. Prey (PS4)

28. Detroit Becoming Human

29. Fredrick: The Resurrection of Music

30. Fredrick 2

31. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Episode 1

32. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Episode 2

33. The Adventures of captain spirit

34. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Episode 3

35. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Episode 4

36. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Episode 5

37. Night in the Woods

38. Battle Chef Brigade

39. The Walking Dead: The final season episode 1

40. TWD: Final Season Episode 2

41. Super Mario World U

42. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

43. Floor Plan

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #22 - Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles
Time: 3.5 hours

Decided to have another go at a Hidden Object game after loving Adam Wolfe, and unfortunately, this one was more in line with what I expected and kept me away from the genre. A bunch of hidden object scenes where everything blends into the background (I know I know thats the point), generic art and a bunch of puzzles the style of which I really dislike (and had to look up solutions to) made this one a complete dud for me. But hey, maybe it's not just my genre, and thats fine, at least I gave it a go (well I gave it two goes with Adam Wolfe).

header.jpg

Game #23 - Escape Goat
Time: 2.5 hours

Great little puzzle platformer that has you face 50+ levels of various traps and mechanisms to escape each room. Level design is great, but the precision platforming is not, as I failed a lot of times due to the controls rather than not knowing what to do. Still, its fun and well made, the art is alright (the sequel looks much better from what I've seen) and it doesnt overstay it's welcome. Speaking of, when you finish it it opens up a super hard post game mode (game even warns you how hard it is) that I just cant be arsed with. Remember when I said precision platforming wasnt the game's forte? Well, this post game needs a lot more of it, and I was already getting tired of it in the main game (especially on a laptop lol). Main game is great tho (and maybe the post game if you are a challenge nut).

Main Post

Last edited:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Main Post!

sq_nswitchds_picrosss_jpg_300x300_q85.jpg

4. Picross S (1/13/18, 25hrs)

I miss touch controls, but, man do I need Picross like water. Still dislike Mega Picross, but, I deal.

Last edited:

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
My main post.

tXeKgWZ.png

03 | SteamWorld Dig 2 | PC
~9.5 hours | Completed Jan. 11th

Relaxing and fun, an all-around nice package. I haven't played the other SteamWorld games and I always thought the art style was a bit off-putting but this game had a neat, polished look to it which I didn't mind. The main gameplay loop consisting of digging, going back to the town, buying a few upgrades and going back digging was quite satisfying. Also the little challenge dungeons brought some nice variety to the game. The soundtrack was pretty tight too, loved the town music. Cool game for sure!

WTGmcxo.png

04 | Machinarium | PC
4.5 hours | Completed Jan. 12th

After playing Samorost 3 I felt like playing Machinarium again. I had forgotten how difficult some of the puzzles were, especially that damn tic-tac-toe game at the bar, grrr... This is still my favourite Amanita Design game, the characters are wonderful, the story is funny and the art is great. Great point and click, play it if you haven't already!

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Main Post

5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Vita | ~8 Hours to Complete | Beat 1-12-2018

220px-Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg

Brief thoughts: Phenomenal, even in 2018 standards playing a 21 year old game for the first time.

Having played Super Metroid for the first time last year, I was coming into this game wondering if it could live up to that title and the term "Metroidvania" . Having beaten it now I can firmly say it does. The world is fully thought out, even adding in teleport rooms to get you around the map quicker . The item combinations are insane. Something Super Metroid did well was by the end of the game, Samus felt like a powerful badass. SotN can make you feel even more of a badass by endgame with the right weapon combo. I loaded my late game save up after beating the final boss to try out Alucard Shield + Shield Rodand that will melt anything in the game (maybe a little to OP). This being my third Castlevania title in a row (3, Super Castlevania, SotN) it feels great to see and feel the upgrades from game to game.

Last edited:

Domstercool

Oct 27, 2017
Marking this as my post area!

1: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - 6 Hours 14 Minutes (01/01/2018)
#The campaign was my "Finish a game on New Year's Day" challenge that I do every year. Will continue to play and beat the side content and play more multi.

2: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode 3: More Than A Feeling - 1 Hour 25 Minutes (17/02/2018)
#Out of the 3 episodes so far, this was the one that was like a mundane average ep.

3: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide- 65 Hours (15/03/2018)
#Great coop game! Beat all levels apart from a few left over in the hardest difficulty Cataclysm, but since the new one is out, it is time to retire this.

4. The Council - Episode 1: The Mad Ones - 2 Hours 25 Minutes (01/04/2018)
#Interesting take on the Telltale style formula. Be good to see where this goes.

5. God of War (2018) - 20 Hours (06/05/2018)
#A change to the God of War formula, pretty great game, but didn't gel with the combat until
the blades of chaos appeared

6. Horizon Zero Dawn (2017) - 30 Hours 10 Minutes (26/05/2018)
#Lovely looking open world game with some cool enemy designs and interesting story.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (2017) - 10 Hours 22 Minutes (27/05/2018)
#Well developed expansion to the main game with a story that didn't felt cheaply made just to make an add-on.

8. Detective Pikachu - 17 Hours 27 Minutes (01/07/2018)

#Fun little adventure game, but nothing too exciting.

9. Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles - Episode 1 - 1 Hour 52 Minutes (14/07/2018)
#Fun little content that doesn't do much but give you a story about another character.

10. Detroit: Become Human - 12 Hours 52 (29/07/2018)
#Good story that had some hard choices. I'm sure I got some bad endings, but I had some feels with them.

11. Yakuza 0 - 40 Hours (27/08/2018)
#Great prequel to the series that keeps the brilliant stuff about Yakuza going on wards.

12. Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 31 Hours (08/09/2018)
#Fantastic remake of the second Yakuza game - probably best in the series.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
1. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - Jan 7
Had this rented for like 10 months, was glad to finally knock it off.

2. Innerspace (PS4) - Jan 14
Can't talk about this yet as I'm embargoed until Tuesday.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Main post: https://www.resetera.com/posts/2784229/

5. The Walking Dead Season 1 Ep. 2 - Starved for Help / 3h - completed 14.01.18

A very strong episode, full of interesting choices. Some of these feel like they're not really choices at all due to the need for survival like the last one in the episode. I liked that. The main characters take a bit of a back seat here in relation to plot and the introduction of some interesting themes characteristic of the genre. But what character work there is in there it's very well handled. The stakes and tension kept constantly rising throughout the episode and left us in a very different place from where we were in the start. In conclusion, it's a good thing i don't remember most of what happens in these games as i'm having a blast with them all over again.

Decided to have another go at a Hidden Object game after loving Adam Wolfe, and unfortunately, this one was more in line with what I expected and kept me away from the genre. A bunch of hidden object scenes where everything blends into the background (I know I know thats the point), generic art and a bunch of puzzles the style of which I really dislike (and had to look up solutions to) made this one a complete dud for me. But hey, maybe it's not just my genre, and thats fine, at least I gave it a go (well I gave it two goes with Adam Wolfe).

I play HOG as podcast games because i can focus on the words in my ears and mindlessly play at something but i don't know if i could enjoy most of these games in another context though. They consist mostly of generic art and music, along with dime romance novels level plotting and dialogue. Found a couple of exceptions though. If you ever feel the need to give them another go, try The Fool. I found it's silly setting refreshing at the time.

I miss touch controls, but, man do I need Picross like water. Still dislike Mega Picross, but, I deal.

Have you tried Paint it Back on Steam? I've been playing it on and off for months as there's a lot of game in there. It's an above average Picross game i think. It does have a lot of big puzzles though.

Last edited:

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
1: Quantum Break (PC) - Jan 4
Huge disappointment. Forgettable story, awkward combat, irritating environment puzzles crippling the pacing.... ugh.

2: Titanfall 2 (PC) - Jan 7
Best shooter I've played in some time. Quite keen to go back for another playthrough and some multiplayer.

3: Observer (PC) - Jan 12

4: Tacoma (PC) - Jan 13

5: The Turing Test (Xbox One) - Jan 14

Most of the puzzles were really easy, but still fun. Was expecting more from the story.

work in progress:
Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC)
Age of Empires 2 HD Edition (PC, 23 hours)
Civilisation VI (PC, 30 hours)

Last edited:

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Main Post

5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Vita | ~8 Hours to Complete | Beat 1-12-2018

220px-Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg

Brief thoughts: Phenomenal, even in 2018 standards playing a 21 year old game for the first time.

Having played Super Metroid for the first time last year, I was coming into this game wondering if it could live up to that title and the term "Metroidvania" . Having beaten it now I can firmly say it does. The world is fully thought out, even adding in teleport rooms to get you around the map quicker . The item combinations are insane. Something Super Metroid did well was by the end of the game, Samus felt like a powerful badass. SotN can make you feel even more of a badass by endgame with the right weapon combo. I loaded my late game save up after beating the final boss to try out Alucard Shield + Shield Rodand that will melt anything in the game (maybe a little to OP). This being my third Castlevania title in a row (3, Super Castlevania, SotN) it feels great to see and feel the upgrades from game to game.
I really need to get arond to this myself one of these days. After all, I already own it at least twice...

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to get arond to this myself one of these days. After all, I already own it at least twice...

It was a great game and the farther you get the better it gets. For myself I am trying to clear out a ton of games I got on sales or picked up at garage sales...etc over the last 7-8 years . Big backlog!

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Main Post

8. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt - Jan. 18 (36m)
header.jpg

Not as good as other games by Daniel Remar (like Iji, Hero Core, or Hyper Princess Pitch), but short, cute, and still fun. It's a overhead shooter where you always fire in the direction you're facing, and your trying to heal people by shooting everything that's hurting them. It's relatively easy, there's no real punishment for dying. I very weakly recommend it, if you are interested, but I'd recommend trying out the 3 other games by Remar that I mentioned first, since they're all free.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Main Post

Game 2. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD ★★★ 30 Hours 30 Minutes (Jan 1st to Jan 10th) - PS4
nAt6VOY.jpg

Been slowly playing thru all the Kingdom Hearts games in the HD collection and so far this may be my favorite. Love the command system, love most of the characters and it was probably the most fun to play. The only fault I can give it was that playing the same worlds 3 times got tiring but the stories were kind of different enough. It really added a lot to the series and tried to make sense of the overarching mess of a plot it built and think it's crucial to even start understanding the series.

Game 3. TIMEframe ★ 1 Hour (Jan 14th to Jan 14th) - PC
header.jpg

It wasn't bad for what it was but there wasn't much too it. Ran pretty sloppy for what it was. The single music track was good and the story was interestingish but pretty blank. The main flaw I would have to say is that it was a nifty experience but it really wasn't a game, which is why I gave it a 2 star.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #24 - The Blackwell Deception
Time: 4 hours

Fourth game in the Blackwell series, and the first to feel more stand alone and moving the series along to the finale as the first three games really felt like a trilogy story wise (although it has some tiny references to the previous games). Not much to say that I havent said about the others, it continues to have the same strong writing, puzzles and voice acting as usual, and it ends on quite a note and cliffhanger for the last game. It's also a little longer than the previous three, and a little harder I felt (I got stumped and had to look up solutions a couple of times). As usual, very recomended for point and click adventure fans.

header.jpg

Game #25 - Freedom Fall
Time: 1.5 hours

Very short but well made platformer that has you fall down a series of levels avoiding various traps and picking up coins to buy upgrades (or bombs but you can pick those up in the levels aswell). Cute art style (even if a bit flash-y looking) and good gameplay makes this a easy one to get through in about 1 to 2 hours, depending on how much you go for collectibles (you can buy 3 types of jump upgrades, but you get enough coins for all 3 long before you finish the game and then there's little point in trying to get them, unless you are going for achievements). Good to pass the time listening to a podcast or something. Oh and make sure to go back to the level select after you finish the story for a new level and the true ending :)

Main Post

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Main post: https://www.resetera.com/posts/2784229/

6. Doki Doki Literature Club / 3h40 - completed 15.01.18

Had tried it for a bit a few weeks ago but it didn't stick. Decided to give it another shot after all the conversation around it.

Spoiled the following just in case:

I still find the opening hour to not be very captivating. I understand its necessity as it not only makes the gradual tonal shift later on more arresting as it also lays the foundation from which the subsequent Acts can play off. But the fact is that it ends up working wonderfully and as i was unknowingly approaching the end of Act 1 this overwhelming sense of dread came over me. It has been a long time since i've had such a visceral response to a game.

I think this game is a very successful take on interactive horror and storytelling. It's themes are interesting and rarely tackled in games. Whether they are well represented is another question. I found that at times they were somewhat misjudged but was positive on the game as a whole on that regard.

Glad i played it and would advise a playthrough with the caveat that the content warnings are there for good reason.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32615

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Update: January 15th, 2018
B85D3A6D0D0E34DD6267B919C8E9C7070FD5D96F

Game 4: Portal (PC) (1 Hour, 13 Minutes) (8/10)

This is my second playthrough of Portal and going back through I didn't feel as well of the game as I did before. The puzzles did get me from time to time but most I got pretty easily. There is a story so to say but it's rather non existent compared to the second games (which I will be replaying soon). But the game is fun, the portal gun is really fun and the physics of the Source Engine and things like bunny hopping make for extremely fun and fast paced gameplay. Overall, I think Portal is a game everyone should play, but I don't know if 2 playthroughs are needed. It's short and tells you what it's trying to tell you nice and quick. Funny game as well.

Original Post

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried Paint it Back on Steam? I've been playing it on and off for months as there's a lot of game in there. It's an above average Picross game i think. It does have a lot of big puzzles though.

I have not! I had another picross game recommended to me off Steam, but, I can't remember the name... Will check it out!

Firewatch-02.png

5. Firewatch (1/14/18, 3hrs)

Hmmm, I'd heard good things but, I dunno. I can't say I enjoyed it that much honestly. The highlight was definitely Delilah's banter. It kinda seemed like the ran out of time developing it.

header.jpg

6. Dragon Age Origins (1/14/18, 63hrs)

I really enjoyed my time with this one, it's one of those games I've been meaning to get around to playing since forever that I never quite got around to, but I wanted a hero to carry on in my Inquisition file. Loved my party members to bits, I loved each of their interactions and banter. Combat felt a little clunky, but, that could just be its age.

Main Post

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Main Post part 1

-------

4. Hard to Be a God - 20 hours
Surprisingly good RPG from eastern europe, with 2 things i didn't expected to see in such game - great english voice acting and story. There some interesting ideas, like to change roles by wearing different equipment, for examples you can dress up like bandit and persuade local gang to stop terrorizing nearby village. Unfortunately, gameplay didn't aged well and doesn't allow to avoid combat entirely soon after visiting first big city. Also, story is amazing, but there is no real choice and 95% of the time you just listen dialogues and go to next quest location. I recommend to take a closer look at this game if you don't mind some chunkiness and ready to deal with occasional bugs. I'll say it again, story is best part of this game and it was absolutely worth it to go through all this to see the ending. To make game less frustrating, buy a horse and ignore side quests, they're just unnecessary busy work most of the time and don't affect endings.