• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

52 Games. 1 Year. 2019.

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
★ = Platinum / 100%

Scores are my own. 5 = Mediocre; 6 = Fine; 7 = Good; 8 = Great; 9 = Amazing; 10 = Masterpiece.
Orange highlighted = All-time favorite

- - - - - - -

1: Dead Cells | 1st January ★

When I first heard Dead Cells is a TBOI inspired title I was underwhelmed as I don't generally like rogue-likes, but Dead Cells has a really great thing going for it. Its combat is amazing, the gameplay is fluid, satisfying and addicting, and it brings a lot of fun ideas to the table. I'm very impressed, a great game to start the year with. 8/10

2: Hitman: Blood Money HD | 12th January ★

It's hard for me to talk about Blood Money from a critical standpoint because it's a classic and a highly nostalgic piece for me. I've come to a point where I've played the game so many times that I've become oblivious to its flaws. Anyway, I've had a lot of fun platinuming it on PS4. 47/10

3: Hitman: Absolution HD | 18th January ★

Ever since it was released, Absolution was considered the black sheep of the series, and for a good reason. While being mechanically solid and overall fun to play, this isn't what the series needed. It strayed too far from the beloved formula, and even I, as one who generally welcomes even the most drastic of changes, found it uninviting. Its few good moments are stuck inside this terribly structured game. The stories in Hitman games were never great, but this one puts its terrible story on the spotlight for everyone to laugh at. 6/10

- - - - - - -

Public profiles: PSN | Steam

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Reserved. Hopefully I can make it this year. I didn’t really get much beat while stationed in Korea during 2018.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Reserved. My first 2 games that I plan to beat are:

- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Nier: Automata

Currently 10 hours into Horizon- at level 20

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
Status per january 11th: 5/52

New Years resolution is to buy no new games in 2019. There's nothing on the horizon I'm hyped for anyway. This will, hopefully, let me dig into my backlog of almost 50 games...

edit:
New Years resolution lasted all of 11 days before I caved in and bought a new game...

Out Run (Switch)

RIME (PS4)
The Witness (X1)

Xbox One:
Alien Isolation
Captain Spirit
Dead Rising 3
Dead Rising 4
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Residen Evil VII
Sunset Overdrive
Zombi

Xbox Live Arcade:
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Hard Corp: Uprising
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 9
Nights Into Dreams

Xbox 360:
Burnout Revenge
Dirt 2
Ghostbuster The Videogame
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Split Second

Steam:
Bastion
Cursed Castilla
Double Dragon IV
Double Dragon Neon
Freedom Force
Freedom Force: Third Reich
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolve
Hotline Miami
Limbo
OlliOlli
Psychonauts
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Sine Mora EX
South Park: Stick of Truth
This War is Mine
Transistor

PlayStation 4:
Alien Nation
Bloodborne
Dragon's Crown Pro
Journey
Life is Strange
Mafia 3
Mighty No.9
Nex Machina
Onrush!
Red Dead Redemption 2
Soma
Transformers: Devestation

Bioshock (X360)
Burnout 2 (GC)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (DC)
Crazy Taxi (GC)
Dead Rising (X360)
F-Zero X (N64)
F-Zero GX (GC)
Luigi's Mansion (GC)
Metroid (NES)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (X360)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
1. Soul Calibur VI (PS4) - 1/1/19
Soul Chronicle mode.
2. Tetris Effect (PS4) - 1/1/19
Journey Mode (expert)
3. Katamari Damac Reroll (switch) - 1/1/19
4. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate - 1/1/19

Unlocked all characters

Last edited:

A.By

Oct 25, 2017
Reserving. I got 51 last year, I could have done a cheat game, but I didn't feel like it. I'd rather naturally get the 52 games "achievement"

Oct 26, 2017
Here's to another year of games!

Game 1. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins | January 1st - 1 Hour Playtime

Game 2. Super Mario Bros. 3

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
1. Abzu - Amazing soundtrack and great storytelling thru visuals.

2. Burly Men at Sea - Got several of the endings. I might go back and get all the endings later.

3. Dragon Age: Origins - This replay includes Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, Leliana's Song and Stone Prisoner. Awakening and subsequent dlc have separate save files IIRC so I'll count it separately as well. Now about the game. I absolutely adore the Dragon Age World and was quickly pulled back in. The OST is magnificent as well along with the story which can be weird at times, but still delivers at the right times.

4. Bound - Has to be the 1st game I ever finished and got none of the trophies. It's what Huber would call a "swimming in 7's" game. The ending hit close to home, but won't go into it due to spoilers.

5. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening - Another great dlc/expansion from Bioware. It was really great revisiting this game after almost 10 years IIRC. This includes The Golems of Amgarrak and
Witch Hunt.

6. Into the Breach - Finished it on easy and normal. Was going to go for hard as well, but the gameplay loop was starting to get dull. Had fun with it overall though and might revisit it later in the year.

7. Bury me, My Love - Got a bad ending, might try to go back and get a better ending when they patch it. Had some crashes and only way was to choose the other option or restart, so I'm sure that affected the ending I would've naturally had. Nice story though was well told and made me care for the protagonist.

1. Abzu (PS4) | 1st January | 2 hours | 4/5
2. Burly Men at Sea (PS4) | 2nd January | 1 hour | 3/5
3. Dragon Age: Origins (Xbox 1) | 6th January | 67 hours | 4.5/5
4. Bound (PSVR) | 7th January | 2 hours | 3/5
5. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening (Xbox 1) | 8th January | 21 hours | 4/5
6. Into the Breach (Switch) | 10th January | 10 hours | 3.5/5
7. Bury me, My Love (Switch) | 11th January | 2 hours | 3/5

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Privous years
2017:16
2018:28
Games Completed 4/52

I will do this this year

1.The Room (iOS) Play Time:2h 7/10 Jan/1
This was a fun game I enjoyed the puzzles they were not too hard pretty good to ring in the new year

2.Donut County (iOS) Play Time 1h36m 8/10 Jan/2
fun little game.

3.Celeste (XB1) Play Time 11h15m 9/10 Jan/3
I have to say I loved this game, so many times I wanted to quit but I kept on trucking and I got to the top of the mountain. And a surprisingly good story, I am happy I finished this before Game of The Year has to be put in this will make the list.

4.The Room 2 (iOS) Play Time:1H 2/10 Jan/4
Did not like this "Game" at all it was hardly a game it had 0 challenge I was just touching stuff to make stuff happen.

5.Devil May Cry (XB1) Play Time: 8 Hours 10/10-Jan/15
fantastic game one of the best of all time still holds up

6.Devil May Cry 2 (Dante) (XB1) Play Time 7hours 3/10 Jan/17

Games I did not finish
1.Devil May Cry 2 - Lucia (XB1) Jan/17
I had a very shot leach with this one because how bad the Dante run was

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Spain
Reserved. I doubt I achieve it, since I study and have a job, but hopefully I can do it. I'll put all my faith on all those short indie games I haven't played yet.

Might I ask if multiplayers games I play regularly count for this? Because if so, this past year I got to play 51 titles. They are a huge add-on to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to figure out how to set up my post without triggering the character limit :D Posting frequent updates and having to link to many different posts from the master post will eat up so much space. Maybe a weekly update post? Hm.

Wozzer For the times, do you want the time we spent playing the game in 2019 specifically or total completion time? :)

Nov 8, 2017
Aw yeah, 2019. Let's go!

Reserving this post, I'll try to do a better job of keeping track of my time played this year and helping with stats by using the standard format. (Even though I'm a weirdo that doesn't like 5-point grading systems.)

Previous Years:
2018 - 70 Games

(example format) 0. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (PC) | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Welcome to 2019 everyone, and good luck with the challenge! I'm undoubtedly going to need a few posts for my list, so let's start here.

2018 - 90 games
2017 - 72 games

1. Yono and the Celestial Elephants (Switch) - 1 January 2019
Complete playthrough. Yono and the Celestial Elephants is an utterly charming game, with simple, bright and colourful graphics and an unchallenging plot. The gameplay is somewhat in the style of a 2D Zelda game, which is what attracted me to the game, and on that front it's serviceable enough, but very much on the easy side - to the extent that on occasion Yono can start to feel somewhat tedious; it is, however, quite short (taking somewhere around 3-5 hours for a full playthrough), so this feeling doesn't become too pronounced.

2. GRIS (Switch) - 1 January 2019
Full playthrough, all in-game challenges completed. GRIS (pronounced "grease") is a beautiful 2D puzzle-platformer, very much selling itself on its art style - and here, it definitely excels, to the extent that I'd almost recommend the game just to experience its depiction of the story, themed around the supposed "five stages of grief. I say "story", but there's very little here that's explicit - GRIS leaves the player to infer its story for the most part, and its commendable that this is quite possible.

Gameplay, while perhaps not the key focus for the game, is still decent, though never overly challenging. A good few of the puzzles can be interesting to solve, helping to aid with how GRIS depicts its story and theme; the presence of collectibles and optional 'challenges' help to add an incentive to explore each area and a little more longevity.

3. Burly Men at Sea (PS4) - 1 January 2019
Platinum trophy earned (all 12 routes completed). Burly Men at Sea is a somewhat simple game telling the story of a group of sailors in pursuit of treasure. Gameplay consists of moving the titular three 'burly men' left and right through the environments, then interacting with specific trigger points to progress the story. There are essentially just three important decisions to make in the game, with other actions being for the most part linear in how they progress the story. For its low asking price, it's decently entertaining to see how the strange experiences of each of the 12 paths through the game plays out, and the player is very much encouraged to replay the game to see the different alternatives (at the end of each path, the story effectively loops back on itself).

4. Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City that Never Sleeps - all three episodes (PS4) - 6 January 2019
100% of trophies earned; 100% in-game completion rate. The City that Never Sleeps is an great expansion to what was already an excellent game, adding greater longevity alongside additional plotlines that expand nicely on the story from the base game, including a deeper exploration of some key characters. The gameplay remains for the most part the same as the base game, so there's ultimately nothing new to the combat - but there are some well-designed major new encounters and a couple of new variants for the regular 'crime' scenarios in each district. For anyone who enjoyed the base game, I'd very strongly recommend this.

5. Spyro the Dragon (remaster) (PS4) - 13 January 2019
Platinum trophy earned, 120% (maximum) in-game completion rate, all skill points earned. I've never previously played any of the Spyro games, but found this to be a great introduction to the series.While the game at times betrays its age with occasionally 'clunky' controls, for the most part this is a very well-done remaster - comparison screenshots highlight just how significant the graphical upgrade is, while there's also been a nice enhancement to the soundtrack and few notable 'quality of life' improvements including an in-game minimap and assistance with locating nearby collectibles.

In comparison to the superb Super Mario 64, Spyro the Dragon shows less variety and creativity to its levels and the challenges posed to players, and Spyro's moveset is much more limited, but this is a very high bar and Spyro remains a very entertaining, charming experience in itself - certainly it's done enough to have me looking forward to playing its two direct sequels.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017
Main post.

This will be my fourth year with last year beating the least amount of games. This year shouldn't be too hard, as I literally have a dozen or two half finished games.

Aug 27, 2018
Main Post

Currently Playing:

1. The Messenger (PC) | Finished 3rd Jan | 10 hours | 3/5
Boss fights were really bad, everything else was decent?
2. The Red Strings Club (PC) | Finished 3rd Jan | 4 hours | 4.5/5
Really incredible experience overall, feel like I need a second playthrough
3. Dusk (PC) | Finished 4 Jan | 6 hours | 4/5
Really fun FPS game with great controls
4. Into the Breach (PC) | Finished 5 Jan | 3+ hours | 4.5/5
This game technically never ends but I finished one run
5. Mandagon (PC) | Finished 9 Jan | 30 minutes | 3.5/5
Fun short little platformer, great pixel art / attention to detail
6. Psychonauts (PC) | Finished 15 Jan | 8 hours | 4/5
Everything but the last level is great

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I will join this year. However doubt that I will make it but I have a backlog with games that I want to play. This might help me get through some of them.

1. | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5
2. | 6th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5
3. | 12th Jan - 4.2hrs | 4/5

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Completed 49 games in 2017, but only 23 in 2018, due to spending a lot of time on hearthstone/destiny/fortnite. Hopefully this year will be much better.

Currently playing Beat Saber, Smash Bros Ultimate and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. Hopefully will also resume Astro Bot soon and get through some DLCs on games I've platinumed (Spider-Man, Horizon).

Oct 27, 2017
Reserved. I doubt I achieve it, since I study and have a job, but hopefully I can do it. I'll put all my faith on all those short indie games I haven't played yet.

Might I ask if multiplayers games I play regularly count for this? Because if so, this past year I got to play 51 titles. They are a huge add-on to me.
It's all up to you. I have counted them in the past and it's also stated in the OP that you can count multiplayer only games or games with no end.

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping I can meet the goal again this year and tie it into some health goals as well by focusing on games instead of other vices.

Let’s do this!

OP
OP
Wozzer
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
finally, what a slacker Wozzer !
Oy! I rolled out of bed after a late New Year night straight onto the PC for this thread. Starting the new year right :D

Wozzer For the times, do you want the time we spent playing the game in 2019 specifically or total completion time? :)
I'd say total completion time for the game, regardless of when it was started. :)

Additional reminder to all the folks eagerly reserving posts, don't forget to adopt the proposed format from the first post somewhere in your post;

[SPOILER="All completions!"]
1. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (PC) | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5
2. Snipperclips (Switch) | 6th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5
3. Doki Doki Literature Club! (PC) | 12th Jan - 4.2hrs | 4/5
[/SPOILER]

Mist

Love & Respect
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I messed up and gave up half way through last year due to being so busy. Will try to keep going this year.

Reserving a slot.

Currently playing:

1. PC: Return of the Obra Dinn
2. PS4: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
3. Switch: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Beaten:

January:
1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PS4/PSVR) - 05/01/2019

Last edited:
Happy new year, everybody!

Running it back for the fifth time, let's do this!

PSN:

Steam:

2015: 111 games completed (GAF)
2016: 73 games completed (GAF)
2017: 55 games completed (Era) - List
2018: 74 games completed (Era) - List

2019: 13 games completed as of 1/13/2019

System Breakdown (number of games finished):
PC: 8, iOS: 1, NSW: 4, PS4: 2

Currently Playing as of 1/13/2019:
NSW:
Onimusha Warlords (Asian version)
Steam: Costume Quest 1
PS4: Dragon Quest XI

All games listed in orange below were started/first played in 2019.

Post 1: Games 1 to 10 (link)

1. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (PC)
Beaten 1/1/2019, 10.9 hours
3/5

2. GRIS (PC)
Beaten 1/1/2019, 3.5 hours
4/5

3. Jamestown (PC)
Beaten 1/1/2019, 2.2 hours (beaten game on Judgement, beaten around half the challenge levels)
4/5
4. Florence (iOS)
Beaten 1/2/2019, 1 hour or so
5/5
5. The King of Dragons (NSW)
Beaten 1/2/2019, 35 minutes or so
2/5
Part of the Capcom Beat-Em-Up Collection
6. Ben Wander Presents: A Case of Distrust (NSW)
Beaten 1/5/2019, around 3.5 hours
3/5
7. Noitu Love 2 Devolution (PC)
Beaten 1/5/2019, 114 minutes (including a hard crash that forced a full reset)
4/5

8. Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story (PC)
Beaten 1/5/2019, 88 minutes
4/5

9. Cellar (PC)
Beaten 1/5/2019, 37 minutes
2.5/5

10. Cat Quest (NSW)
Beaten 1/6/2019, Around 8 hours
3.5/5

Post 2: Games 11 to ?? (Comments to be indicated in seperate, subsequent post.)

11. 1979 Revolution: Black Friday (PC)
Beaten 1/12/2019, 2.1 hours
2/5

12. To The Moon (PC)
Beaten 1/12/2019, 4.1 hours
4/5

13. Shikhondo (NSW)
Beaten 1/13/2019, 35 minutes
1/5

14. Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PS4)
Beaten 1/13/2019, 8.5 hours
4/5

15. Tetris Effect (PC)
Beaten 1/1/2019, 5.5 hours
5/5

As per Wozzer's instructions in the OP, added a completions log in the required format for tabulation purposes:
1. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (PC) | 1st Jan - 10.9hrs | 3/5
2. GRIS (PC) | 1st Jan - 3.5hrs | 4/5
3. Jamestown (PC) | 1st Jan - 2.2hrs | 4/5
4. Florence (iOS) | 2nd Jan - 1 hr | 5/5
5. The King of Dragons (NSW) | 2nd Jan - 35 minutes | 2/5
6. A Case of Distrust (NSW) | 5th Jan - 3.5 hrs | 3/5
7. Noitu Love 2 Devolution (PC) | 5th Jan - 114 minutes | 4/5
8. Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story (PC) | 5th Jan - 88 minutes | 3/5
9. Cellar (PC) | 5th Jan - 37 minutes | 2.5/5
10. Cat Quest (NSW) | 6th Jan - Around 8 hours | 3.5/5
11. 1979 Revolution: Black Friday (PC) | 12th Jan - 2.1 hours | 2/5
12. To The Moon (PC) | 12th Jan - 4.1 hours | 4/5
13. Shikhondo (NSW) | 13th Jan - 35 minutes | 1/5
14. Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PS4) | 13th Jan - 8.5 hours | 4/5
15. Tetris Effect (PS4) | 13th Jan - 5.5 hours | 5/5

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Prior years:
2015: 52 Games || 1,893 hours
2016: 50 Games || 1,099 hours
2017: 28 Games || 776 hours
2018: 26 Games II 760 Hours

2019 Attempt:
  1. Florence - iPhone (1 Hours) - 1/1/2019
  2. Donut County - iPhone (2 Hours) - 1/3/2019
  3. Gorogoa - iPhone (2 Hours) - 1/8/2019
  4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider -Xbox One (19 Hours) - 1/12/2019

1. Florence (iPhone) | 1st Jan - 1hrs | 4/5
  2. Donut County (iPhone) | 3rd Jan - 2hrs | 3/5
  3. Gorogoa (iPhone) | 8th Jan - 2hrs | 2/5
  4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox) | 12th Jan - 19hrs | 3/5

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for running the thread again Wozzer. I cut it pretty close last year with 44 completions and 6 DNFs, hopefully this year I'll pass that elusive 52 barrier!
Specific goals are to finish Zelda: Breath of the Wild, clear some games for older consoles to retire those permanently, and buy less new games.

1. God of War: Chains of Olympus (2008, PSP) ★★★★☆
The first God of War game I've ever played. To be honest I was expecting to dislike this, and the first 20-30 minutes or so did nothing to alleviate this feeling. Kratos is a thoroughly unlikable character, and the game has a gleeful, immature obsession with gore and sex. There's a sex mini-game early on which is so incredibly juvenile and stupid, it's almost like they're making fun of their teenage boy audience?
So where on Earth does that 4-star rating come from? Well, I gotta admit the game does a really excellent job at foreshadowing events and future routes in dungeons. Bossfights are stretched out over sequences to get you hyped for the eventual confrontation, and it really seems like Kratos has grown as a character towards the end. There's a few more nitpicks I have, like the annoying quick-time events which are a staple of the time period, but overall it definitely showed me why God of War became a popular franchise.

2. God of War: Ghost of Sparta (2010, PSP) ★★☆☆☆
In some ways it's more of the same, although the combat has evolved a bit. Where the first game emphasises blocking and countering, this one is more focussed on combining magical spells instead. Aesthethically, this game is again pretty impressive for PSP standards, but it still feels like it has less to offer than the previous one. Partially because the settings are so similar, and partially because everything here is just on fire - from Hades during the opening hour, to Kratos' fiery blade powers, to even some of the ice levels with volcanic backgrounds.
Kratos' character development from the previous title is pretty much ignored outright, resetting him to square one of the anger-vengeance cycle. The game also has some peculiar pacing issues, feeling simultaneously significantly longer in the tooth, while also containing less obvious points where you'd take a break at. Such a break-neck pace doesn't work as well for portable games, there's almost zero rest moments, with many save points simply scattered between action beats. Lastly, the quick-time events are back with a vengeance like Kratos, too, and they're more annoying here than last time since more insta-deaths occur when you fail them.
Ultimately I think this one really shows how these type of games still need a solid emotional core to somewhat justify rooting for such an unlikable character. Unfortunately, attempts at operatic here fall flat and end up a bit hollow and bombastic.

3. Toon War (2018, Wii U) ★★☆☆☆
Not a bad twin-stick shooter, but not really recommendable to anyone but the staunchest genre fan either. There's some messy visual coding going on here, you start in a desert as an advanced military humvee mowing down dudes wearing headscarves who live in tents - fuckin' yikes! This is why you gotta think about your setting and character designs carefully, to avoid real-life associations visuals like that will evoke. The game is surprisingly packed with a lot of content though, given the low price point, although it does get repetitive quickly.

4. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (2007, PSP) ★☆☆☆☆ - unfinished, dropped at final level
Didn't quite finish this one, but close enough. It begins as a pretty uninspired World War 2 shooter, story is very similar in structure to the original Call of Duty - storm a beach, take out some anti-aircraft in a French village, sabotage a U-boat, destroy a V2 factory. Aiming and movement is rather slow due to the PSP control scheme, but it's not entirely unmanageable and allows inverted aiming.
Selling point here likely wasn't its short, 7-mission campaign mode, but rather the (now unavailable) 32-player online mode (impressive for PSP!). Most of the campaign is very forgiving, but the difficulty absolutely spikes into bullshit territory at the very final segment. I tried it over a dozen tries, hands cramping up, but between the slowness of your dude, and the endless respawning enemies it just wasn't doable. I already didn't really like this one, but that was the final nail in the coffin. Battery died during attempt 14, meaning I'd have to redo the entire mission - I'll take it as a cosmic sign to just take the L here and YouTube the ending.

5. Lumines II (2006, PSP) ★★★☆☆ - unfinished
Dropped this flashy mix of block falling with some rhythm esque elements after 4 or 5 hours or so. It's addictive for sure, and there's a lot of modes to mess around with, but I never had that 'eureka moment' where all of the elements suddenly clicked. It's really nice to suddenly set off a massive chain reaction across the board when you're getting boxed in, but since I'm so bad at Lumines it was pretty obvious those instances were more luck-based than anything. I've watched some videos of this by people who know what they're doing and it's really impressive, but also taught me this is just out of my league. Good game, but not for me.

Current numbers:
3 finished
2 dropped

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018
I want to try. Seeing the thread title for the previous year always brought up the word "impossible" in my head, but why not give it a shot.

1. Distance (3.1.)
2. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (7.1.)
3. Gris (16.1.)

Bound
Burnout Paradise Remastered
Carmageddon
Doom 2016
Grip
Journey
The Last Of Us Remastered
Life Is Strange
Rayman Legends
Red Dead Redemption 2
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Shadow of the Colossus Remastered
Tekken 7
Tetris Effect
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Mirror's Edge

Abzu
Ori
Prey
Titanfall 2
Bulletstorm
Detroit: Become Human
Transformers: Devastation
Inside
Limbo
Bloodborne
Prince Of Persia PS3

Last edited:

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
Realistically, I am never going to be able to get 52 games in a year (unless I totally cheese this and play 48 hour competition games and short indie games). I just want to complete 26 games and have my backlog go _down_ (I finished 28 games last year, and my backlog actually went _up_).

...of course, that is not going to stop me from participating again.

Good luck y'all!

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I'm down for another round after I failed last year! 2019, here we go!

1. Celeste (Beaten: January 1st) on XBox One

What a great game to kick off 2019! The platforming is top notch and the story really got me. Had a blast playing this. It only took me 729 deaths to beat the game. However, it never felt unfair at any point. Every single time I knew “yea I ducked up”

Rating: 10 out of 10

2. The Messenger (Beaten: January 2nd) on Nintendo Switch

What a great game. Indies are totally clicking with me at the moment. Loved how the game was a sidescroller in its first half and then turned into a metroidvania like game. The gameplay is just pure fun! The time travelling feature is also a great addition, specifically the shifting between the different styles of music & graphics. What I also liked is the shopkeeper. I was laughing so hard a lot of times. This guy is a genius. I highly recommend playing this game if you are into anything of the above mentioned.

Rating: 9 out of 10

3. Assassins Creed Odyssey (Beaten: January 7th) on PlayStation 4 Pro

So, here is the thing about AC:0 for me. I really looked forward to playing this game. I enjoyed AC:O quite a lot and the way AC went after all the other games. When I heard about an AC game taking place in ancient Greek I was like 'OMG I NEED THIS!!' cause I am a sucker for Greek history and mythologie. And I enjoyed the game for like the first 15 to 20 hours. After that the game just felt like a drag. The map is way too big if you ask me and it just gets super annoying travelling 7km just to continue the main quest. Furthermore, I did a lot of sidequests at the beginning of the game, however, I stopped at some point because of the reason that the game is way too big if you ask me. This lead to me no longer matching the levels for the main quests consequently leading to me getting super pissed cause they kind of force me to do sidequests even though I don't want to. I was kind of tormenting myself through the game for like the last 17 hours. Based on that the rating is still pretty high.

Rating: 6 out of 10

4. Kirby Star Allies (Beaten: January 8th) on Nintendo Switch

I played the demo way back when it got released and thought 'Hey this game isnt too bad, it actually is fun, I dont see why the reviews arent that good.' Time passed and I bought the game back in December half-price. Unfortunately, the demo already offers everything the game is capable of. The game is way too easy and just repetitive, so I was glad when I finished the story mode. Totally understand the reviews after beating the game.

Rating: 6 out of 10

5. Moss (Beaten: January 8th) on PSVR

Had a good time playing Moss. It maybe a bit short and it is only chapter 1 yet but I already look forward to Book 2. The last part with the snake was especially nice, I think. It always blows my mind how much depth VR can add to a game like this. Without VR this game wouldn’t work the way it does.

Rating: 7 out of 10

6. Splatoon 2 Octo-Expansion (Beaten: January 11th) on Nintendo Switch

Really enjoyed playing the expansion, even though I think it was way more difficult than the original game. However, I really enojyed the different types a levels like rebuilding a statue, dodging or trying to beat a level with only a limited amount of ink. This really was a step up from the original game. Wonder what Splatoon 3 will be like. Already looking forward!

Rating: 8 out of 10

Nintendo Switch:
Diablo 3 Eternal Collection
The World Ends with You

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Reserved

1. Dead Cells (PC) | January 7 - 37 hours | 5/5

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Nice!

I made it last year, 55 games. Never done that before. Breakdown as follow:

24 NSW games
15 NES games
6 PS4 games
4 Wii U games
2 PC games
2 SNES games
1 Xbox One, Gameboy games

Highest rated: Hollow Knight / Xenoblade Chronicles 2 / Torna @ 9.3
Lowest rated: Where's Waldo (NES) @ 1.5

Now to 2019 1/52

1. Yoku's Express Island (NSW) | Jan 2 - 7hrs | 4.1/5

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well I failed last year after finishing 3 years in a row so hopefully I can do better this year with no MMOs on the agenda.

3/52

1. Dragon Quest IV (iOS) | 1st Jan - 40hrs | 4/5
Finally finished this one up and had a good time with it. I really enjoyed how the chapters broke up the game and introduced you to each character. The controls were a little wonky with the 8 way movement but I suppose I need to get used to it for the next games too.

2. Darksiders 3 (PS4) | 6th Jan - 18hrs | 2/5
What a freaking let down. From the technical issues to the poor implementation of Dark Souls mechanics, this one was not great. I loved the last 2 games so this one hurts.

3. Battle Chef Brigade (PC) | 13th Jan - 88hrs | 3/5
I think the best way to sum up this game is I loved everything about it except the actual gameplay. I would love to see another game in the series but without the match 3 being the main cooking component.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Tillamook
I put games on the back burner last year to go for the book/movies challenge. Imma do it this year.

★ = Platinum, 1000/1000 Achievements, or 100%
1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PS4) | 5th Jan - 7ishhrs | 4/5
Pretty great game. Showcases VR and definitely made me a believer in 3D platformer in VR. I still prefer Beat Saber but at least I'm not tired after playing Astro Bot.
2. Tetris Effect (PS4) | 8th Jan - 4ishhrs | 4/5
I'm not done with Tetris Effect yet, but I finished the campaign. Many modes so plenty of replayability. In VR it is mind blowing how they took a simple game like Tetris and made it a visual wonder.
3. Steven Universe: Save the Light (Switch) | 9th Jan - 13ishhrs | 4/5
I'm not a fan of turn based games unless the controls are real simple. Luckily they are here. The big draw is it's a Steven Universe game. So if you're a fan of the show, this game will be right up your alley.
4. Celeste (Xbox One) | 10th Jan - 4ish hrs | 4/5
At first I didn't get all the hype with Celeste being in so many top 10 lists. I get it now. I did have to turn on the assists quite a few times the last few chapters.
5. Job Simulator★ (PS4) | 11th Jan - 4ish hrs | 2/5 Platinum
It was cute at first but I feel like each level should have been 1/2 as long and just have a few more levels. First platinum of the year. Quite an easy one.
6. Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn★ (XB1) | 16th Jan - 3ish hrs | 3/5 1000/1000
I got it from Target on clearance for $6. I enjoyed my time with it. None of the levels were long enough to get boring. The humor is juvenile but I chuckled a few times. I'm actually excited for the dlc. You get to play as Barack.
platinum of the year. Quite an easy one.
7. Barack Fu: The Adventures of Dirty Barry (Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn DLC) (XB1) | 17th Jan - 1.5 hrs | 3/5
This was pretty great. Combat still sluggish but the ridiculously over the top story made me laugh. Plus same as Shaq Fu, its short so never felt bored.

Last edited: