• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

52 Games. 1 Year. 2019.

TP17

Nov 1, 2017
Reserving a spot

1. Game (Platform) | Date | x/5
2. Game (Platform) | Date | x/5
3. Game (Platform) | Date | x/5

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Ok, so the backlog is growing far too quickly, so I am using the thread as motivation to actually feel like I've accomplished something (not that I will)...

January might start off slow as I never got through RDRII and just also got Spider-man, so I could foresee sometime lost at the beginning.Vita gaming dropped off the cliff in the back half of the year as I used travel to work time to do more work, work should be slowing down and a shitload of games ready to fire through, seems like I only significantly played about 5 Vita games last year (granted one was Stardew Valley)

HISTORICAL OVERALL STATUS
2009 : 27 Complete
2010 : 21 Complete
2011 : 19 Complete
2012 : 16 Complete
2013 : 24 Complete
2014 : 28 Complete
2015 : 24 Complete
2016 : 24 Complete
2017 : 8 Complete
2018 : 7 Complete
2019 : 5 Complete : 13 Games Played

Stats based around played/trophy unlocked dates... Considering I probably buy twice as many games each year, I think the backlog will last til about 2050 at this rate. HA!

2019 IN PROGRESS
Game #001

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 2%)

Game #004

Farming Simulator 18 (Vita | ~1.5hrs | Trophies - 1%)

Game #005

Treasures Of Montezuma (Vita | <1hrs | Trophies - 1 to go...) - Planning to end this one, I need 40hrs of game time to get that last trophy, so I plan on playing 10-12mins a day, so this will be completed at some point this year...

Game #008

LEGO Worlds (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 25%) - This is being played with my little boy, so I am not really tracking what the hell is happening in this thing, but slowly starting to unlock stuff.

Game #010

Rayman Legends (Vita | ~1hrs | Trophies - 82%) - This one has been on hold for years now, the last trophy unlocked was in 2014, the final grind to 1,000,000 lums and final level of Awesomeness is going to be finished this year, hopefully!

Game #011

Rayman Legends (PS4 | ~20hrs | Trophies - 94%) - This one has been on hold for years now, the last trophy unlocked was in 2015, before this year, the final grind to 1,000,000 lums (this is no drama currently) and final level of Awesomeness is going to be finished this year.

Game #012

VA-11 Hall-A (Vita | ~12hrs | Trophies - 50%) - I have received 1 of the 6 ending to the game, working my way through NG+ to clean up the rest of the trophies. So this should be the next completed game.

Game #013

Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 90%) - Loved this back on PS3 and still love it today, just running through the campaign at the moment, Paradise 2 with a new open world map, but with closed circuit races would be the greatest version of Burnout yet, but alas we will never get it.

2019 COMPLETED
Completion #001

Game #003 : Adventure Capitalist (PS4 | 4.5hrs | Trophies - 100%)
This was originally started in 2017, but I was at a point where I was close, so I decided to end it and use the system clock trick to finish off the final trophy. This is now "Complete" and deleted.

Completion #002

Game #002 : MARVEL Spider-Man (PS4 | ~40hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Thoroughly enjoyed this game.

Completion #003

Game #006 : MARVEL Spider-Man + City That Never Sleeps (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
The DLC is complete, the new enemy types with armour and weapons started to get annoying, but overall I didn't mind the story expansion as it touched on a few threads to close from the base game.

Completion #004

Game #007 : Factotum 90 (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
This was an arrival from Limited Run Games one day at work and decided to fire it up on the way home. Ultimately, the game is reasonably short puzzler, it has some nice ideas, but never reaches the heights of truly great puzzle games. The story for the game is horribly weak and not required, it could have been a simple "practical test" similar to Portal

Completion #005

Game #009 : Jazzpunk (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
I first played this in 2017, but dropped it almost instantly for something else, it has been sitting on the HDD all this time, so I restarted and got through it. I enjoyed some aspects of the stupidity of the game, but towards the end it started to play on the nerves. It's one of those games to expect the worst and hope that it surprises you.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017
Participating for the first time this year: is 11/52

1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, PS VR, 4th Jan. 9/10
  2. The Last of Us, PS4 Pro, 4th Jan, 17h 16m. 9/10
  3. Yakuza 0, PS4 Pro, 15th Jan, 57h 11m. 10/10
  4. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, PS VR, 23rd Jan. 9/10
  5. God of War, PS4 Pro, 26th Jan. 10/10
  6. New Super Mario Bros. 2, NN3DS, 28th Jan, 13h 48m. 7/10
  7. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, PS4 Pro, 2nd Feb. 7,5/10
  8. Resident Evil, PS4 Pro, 9th Feb, 23h 28m. 9,5/10
  9. Resident Evil 2, PS4 Pro, 18th Feb, 19h 32m. 9/10
  10. Sleeping Dogs, PS4 Pro, 4th March, 35h 41m. 7,5/10.
  11. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, NS, 17th March, 25h. 8,5/10

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
Starting out slow here with some easy games I just felt like playing today. I will actually try to buy no more than 3 new games this year to dig into my backlog of about 40 games. Should be fun :D

1. Starwing / Star Fox (SNES) - no continues

2. Kung Fu (NES) - no continues

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'll stop being a lurker as part of the new year and reserve a post. Hopefully will make sure to update, unlike when I tried this at the old place.
Doubt I'll get all the way there without playing some short stuff but I least want to get one larger game a month.
I find doing a medium game, long game and then some shorter pallet cleansers keeps it fresh and you can use the shorter games to catch up.

Nov 10, 2017
So, over about 15 years of gaming, I've somehow built of a backlog of 208 games. This is minus 'endless' games, dropped games, and 250 completed games. Thrift stores, gamestop used, digital sales, library sales have all added up over these years. I'm gonna be 31 in a few days and this month I've just been getting my shit together and in the spare time between work and holidays and other personal work I put together a list and an app to keep track.

I could play games happily for years with my current hardware without ever looking at another sale. I plan to. As I'm working on other things, when I have time I'm going to be playing through my backlog exclusively for at least the next year, most likely two years. No new games. I have experiences in hand, waiting for me. I'll never experience a game I don't purchase but I'll also never experience a game I don't play and never get the full experience of a game I don't finish.

I'll never finish my entire backlog. But I will focus my gaming exclusively on it, at least while playing by myself.

Edit: 1/28/19- Witcher 3=Donezo. I was briefly tempted to play through side quests and uncover the checkmarks, but I've spend more than enough time in this world. I told myself that I would focus on my PS3 for a bit, as I've got a stellar library built up over four years and it deserves some love. I boot up Metal Gear Solid 4 and finally I beat the Vamp boss battle. This will be my next completed game. Also have 2064: Read Only Memories on offer.

Edit: 2/4/2019- Metal Gear Solid 4 is done. I almost got off track but in what I now know is a common theme, I have a tendancy to drop games if I struggle with a certain part. The final chapter was a breeze compared to the earlier parts of the game. IDK what happened. I'm still working on 2064 Read Only Memories, as I'm struggling a bit with it keeping my interest and I'm going to move on to Papo & Yo, a game I've had for years and I never really played. I picked it out of a hat. If I breeze through that, then its onto Mark of the ninja, another game I've had for more than five years that I've never touched.

1. Tacoma (PS4) Its a 7
2. Hidden folks. Starts at an 8, ends a 6
3. Recettear 7.5. The final payment was too high, I cheated my way past it, IDGAF, I've gotten the experience of this game.
4. Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - I was surprised with how quickly this DLC was over, far fewer missions that what I expected.
5. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine - I got through this, finally. Its done. I would have enjoyed it more if I had played this while the "iron was hot" so to speak". That iron cooled off in December of 2016. 9.5 for expansion, entire game is a 10, as long as you stick to main quests/side quests
6. Stories Untold- Another game that I pretty much dropped when I lost interest, in this case after playing through the first 3 scenarios. The final chapter didn't disappoint. 8, but a 10 because there really isn't another game like this one out there.
7. Half Life 2: Downfall- A short HL2 mod, about an hour and change. Its been forever since I've played any HL2 content and now I miss the gravity gun.
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: My first Metal Gear solid game. For the big time fans, what a great ending this must have been for you folks. I enjoyed my time over the years with this one, no doubt. Fantastic.
9. Katamari Dalamacy- PS2 classic played on PS3. I actually played The Wonderful End of the World and Katamari Forever before buying this last year and finishing it this year in a sudden burst of gaming inspiration. Beautiful and entertaining as ever.
10. Catherine- Boy..... Started this one way back in 2015! I ran up against walls time and time again with this one and when I decided to finish it off this weekend, I had no idea that I was on the second to last level. Oops. Welp, it counts and I'm very satisifed with how my choices in the game played out.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Game #3 - Hidden Folks
Time: 5 hours

Neat little Where's Waldo type game that unfortunately wears out its welcome faster than I wish it did. It's well made and I love the art style, but at the same time it's a huge strain on the eyes (and my eyes are already bad) and having to scroll and zoom in / out isnt exactly the same as staring at a page spread in a book. I got every folk but I had to check a guide for some of them because I just dont have the patience after a while, but I didnt play the DLC Beach zone because, well I don't own it, and like I said, by the end of the game I was pretty done with it so I didnt bother picking up the DLC (even on sale). Cute but highly overrated in my opinion.

Main Post

Oct 25, 2017
Main Post

1. Picross 3D - 45h - 03.01

Whew. A leftover from last year. There is a lot of game in here and it gets pretty challenging toward the end. This exudes quality and polish in every aspect. The perfect podcast/stream game for me.

And that's the first out of the way.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018
1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission | 8 hours

Gonna be honest - despite admiring its game design, my time spent with this game was often a pain in the ass. I wish the technology didn't get in the way of the game so often for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Missed the goal by about 10 games in 2018. Perfectly acceptable given I was working full time, in a bootcamp, and interviewing for jobs.

Complete: 6/52

1. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
2. The Walking Dead: The Final Season Episode 3 (PS4)
3. Cat Quest (Switch)
4.The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
5. Spiderman (PS4)
6. DeltaRune Episode 1

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018
first game down
main post

1. GRIS | Nintendo Switch | January 3rd | 3hrs | 4/5

Beautiful game. Art for a game is the main thing that draws me in so this was a no-brainer. Wish more indie games had art like this instead of how most end up going with the retro pixel style.

The game starts out pretty simple but it gradually adds mechanics and complexity to the puzzles/platforming to keep it fresh.

Favorite screenshot

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
MAIN THREAD

#3: Catherine (1-3-2019) | 9/10 | PS3 | ~ 13 Hours | Recommend: Y
# Overall - 9 | A unique puzzle game that challenges your morals and thinking skills
Gameplay - 9 | Each night the complexity of each puzzle challenges you. The bar during downtime was always fun to explore
Sound - 8 | Good voice acting and music tracks. Would of been a point higher without those damn bells ringing!
Story/Online - 9 | I struggle to think of another puzzle game that presents the user with a deep story
Asking Price- 8.67 | Puzzles are unique and with the strong story leads you to want to find out the other story branches.

Oct 25, 2017
I always fall off not on beating the list, where i get close, but on keeping this shit up to date. 2019. Let's commit to something. Something easy. Let's commit to saying the bare minimum about each game we beat. (In this case, we is me. You do you.) The main post begins here and I guess I'll update it and post seperately each time a new game gets added? That how this works?

1. Night in the Woods
Dec. 31, 2018-Jan 4 | 9/10 | around 20 hours maybe
Cool game. It went places I did not at all expect it to. I don't know why it took me by such surprise. I wonder if in five years I'll look back on it as what it is or as what I expected it to be? I can't remember whether or not I expected games with surprises in them to be surprising before I got to them. Life is Strange comes to mind. No spoily spoils though. It was the things I expected it to be, mostly, but it was other things too. The main things that I found absolutely enthralling about this game were the relationships Mae shared with all the other people in the town. She cultivated A LOT of relationships and all of the people felt fairly grounded and real. Impressive for cartoon anthropomorphic animals with no voices. I guess the writing was pretty okay. Doubt I'll go back to play it again for the alternative route, assuming there is indeed much of one of those, but I'm very happy I played it through this once.

Oct 25, 2017
I always fail but at least I get motivated to try and complete some of my games every year so this will be no different and hopefully I can actually do the 52.

1. Jake Hunter: Ghost of The Dusk [Complete]

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this game considering the DS games weren't that great. The main case is my favourite and the most well done in the game + the music is fantastic especially the jazz tracks. The changing art style in each case was surprising but interesting. I'm not sure what reason they had to do it but it all looked really nice. I should also say that each case is it's own individual thing and none of them are tied together so while the main case is long the rest of the cases are smaller cases that are their own story.

2. Dragon Quest XI - 50 hours[Complete]

Great game and another classic for the series. The story and characters are fantastic and probably now one of my favourites in the sereis. The pep system combinations were fun to use and the party line up system was really neat.

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
The main post begins here and I guess I'll update it and post seperately each time a new game gets added? That how this works?
Yep! One post with the whole list and update posts whenever you want to. Doesn’t have to be one per game if you would rather post about a couple at a time. :)

OP
OP
Wozzer
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wozzer I managed to finish more than 52 games in 2017 also, but do 2017 not count in this case?
That's an impressive amount of completions, gz :D. Since ResetERA/the thread wasn't born until October of 2017, I didn't want to muddy engagement by excluding anyone left behind in the GAF migration or who wasn't part of GAF and likely couldn't manage 52 between Oct-Dec. Target being to treat the first full year on Resetera as a fresh start for all.

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That's an impressive amount of completions, gz :D. Since ResetERA/the thread wasn't born until October of 2017, I didn't want to muddy engagement by excluding anyone left behind in the GAF migration or who wasn't part of GAF and likely couldn't manage 52 between Oct-Dec. Target being to treat the first full year on Resetera as a fresh start for all.
Ah that's fine then :)

Jan 2, 2019
This should be an interesting project. I'll see how many I can get done this year :)

1. Spyro the Dragon (PS4) | 1st Jan - 7hrs | 4/5

Oct 29, 2017
Isle of Man
How does everyone treat DLC for the purpose of this? I’m at 94% completion for Spider-Man so will be done soon, but I picked up the Season Pass on sale so I’ve got a bit more content to get through. Would I be right in saying it’s all one game? As that’s how I would normally treat it.

Oct 25, 2017
How does everyone treat DLC for the purpose of this? I’m at 94% completion for Spider-Man so will be done soon, but I picked up the Season Pass on sale so I’ve got a bit more content to get through. Would I be right in saying it’s all one game? As that’s how I would normally treat it.
It depends. If it's already fully integrated into the game that i barely notice it's DLC, like a lot of Destiny's content in 2018, i just think of all of it as one game. Expansions or significant (at least a couple of hours) DLC pieces i count as separate. I counted both of Dishonored's and Rise of the Tomb Raider's DLC as their own thing for example. I'm playing through Far Cry 4 now and there's a couple of extra, separate things on the main menu that came with the gold edition. When i play them, i'll see where they belong. If they're just short missions, i'll add the time to the game itself, otherwise i'l make specific entries for them. But everyone does it differently, i've noticed. Just do what feels right to you.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently playing the Spider-Man DLC as one big thing. It's longer than a game like INSIDE, so I would definitely count it, plus it has its own launcher within the game, so it feels separate.

How Long To Beat has the Season Pass pegged as 6-8 hours of content.

I do think that counting each individually would be kinda cheating though.

Oct 29, 2017
Isle of Man
It depends. If it's already fully integrated into the game that i barely notice it's DLC, like a lot of Destiny's content in 2018, i just think of all of it as one game. Expansions or significant (at least a couple of hours) DLC pieces i count as separate. I counted both of Dishonored's and Rise of the Tomb Raider's DLC as their own thing for example. I'm playing through Far Cry 4 now and there's a couple of extra, separate things on the main menu that came with the gold edition. When i play them, i'll see where they belong. If they're just short missions, i'll add the time to the game itself, otherwise i'l make specific entries for them. But everyone does it differently, i've noticed. Just do what feels right to you.
I'm currently playing the Spider-Man DLC as one big thing. It's longer than a game like INSIDE, so I would definitely count it, plus it has its own launcher within the game, so it feels separate.

How Long To Beat has the Season Pass pegged as 6-8 hours of content.

I do think that counting each individually would be kinda cheating though.
Thanks guys, I think i’ll go with treating the three DLC’s as one entry separate from the main game. Helps my numbers a bit but doesn’t feel like I’m cheating.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
1. Picross 3D - 45h - 03.01

Whew. A leftover from last year. There is a lot of game in here and it gets pretty challenging toward the end. This exudes quality and polish in every aspect. The perfect podcast/stream game for me.

And that's the first out of the way.
Damn, I slowly chip away at this game in between stuff. Didn't realize it was so big.

Thanks guys, I think i’ll go with treating the three DLC’s as one entry separate from the main game. Helps my numbers a bit but doesn’t feel like I’m cheating.
The magic rule is however you want to count it you should count it! If you think all three should count as three then go for it. The only person you would "cheat" is yourself. I was able to hit the 52 last year and I didn't count multiplayer games in my list (I felt kinda funny about it) but at the same time I could put 30-40 hours into a multiplayer game through a year and not count it while counting a game that took less than 5 hours. There is no logic behind that. How you are counting the DLC would be how I would probably treat it also (Season Pass as 1 title). Anyways good luck!

Oct 27, 2017
I played them as they came out last year and counted each one separately as I had about a month break between each and the main game. I have played older games and not counted the dlc as separate if I play them consecutively.

In the end it's up to you on how you want to count them.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I slowly chip away at this game in between stuff. Didn't realize it was so big.
I went through easy and medium in about 15 hours or so, but then hard really ups the puzzle size and difficulty. Some of the latter puzzles each have 40-50m time limits for the gold star. And you need every last one of those minutes for some.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I went through easy and medium in about 15 hours or so, but then hard really ups the puzzle size and difficulty. Some of the latter puzzles each have 40-50m time limits for the gold star. And you need every last one of those minutes for some.

Good to know, I am in the medium area but am excited its got a lot more legs in the game!

Nov 16, 2017
3. RIME (PS4)

Short little game with a story told without speech or text. VERY liniar and simple puzzles. Has great graphics and a cinematic score but it's so simple and kind of lacks charm that I don't think I will revisit this game again.
Took about 6 hours to complete.

7/10

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Main Post
  1. Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) | 5th Jan | 10/10
  1. Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) | 5th Jan | 10/10
Just finished Return of the Obra Dinn. I thought i played a good detective game when i finished Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishment. Boy i was wrong. This is by far the best detective game i've ever played and one of the best games of all time. Almost finished most of the fates myslef but got stuck on the 4 chinese topmen. How the hell was i supposed to know their names. I feel like i've missed something obvious.
Next: The Messenger - DMC3HD

Finished 42 games in my first era attempt
Too many open world backlog options so if I get 30 I'll be excited if I knock some off my list

10/52 so far
Main Post
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) Jan 3 90 hours 4.5/5
2. Sunset Overdrive (XB1) Jan 26 48 hours 4.5/5
3. Sunset Overdrive Dawn of the Rise of The Fallen Machines (DLC) (XB1) Jan 28 4 hours 2/5
4. Sunset Overdrive The Mystery of The Mooil Rig (DLC) (XB1) Jan 30 4 hours 3/5
5. Dead Cells (Switch) Jan 30 42 hours 4.5/5
6. Life Is Strange 2 Episode 1 Roads (XB1) Feb 2 3 hours 4/5
7. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS4) Feb 18 15 hours 2.5/5
8. Uncharted Lost Legacy (PS4) Feb 24 14 hours 4/5
9. Detroit Become Human (PS4) March 3 22 hours 2.5/5
10. The Garden Between (XB1 March 16 3 hours 3/5

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 JAN 3 90 Hours (86% when the credits roll ) 4.5/5
"I got a plan " was one of the last lines in the red dead redemption's main act and every time Dutch uses that phrase in RDR 2 it made me think.
They are one lucky break or masterplan from avoiding the sadness and pain that you know will find them.
I adored living at the camp,hearing the everyday struggles and the bickering over nonsense.
Hollywood SAG awards best ensemble/cast award that's what I would give this group of murdering already damned self serving family.
I will remember those nights drinking celebrating those small victories and watching Arthur dance with the ladies of the camp.
What makes this a remarkable experience to me is even with these obtuse systems poorly explained and outdated controls that you really should consider customizing to your preference.
Rockstar does the Impossible Arthur Morgan is an all time fully developed protagonist he's not the stereotype western dude.
The man could have been a creative artist his storytelling in his journal is one of the small charms you could miss in this game that feels completely alive.
I have never felt more immersed in an environment that felt like if I wasn't holding a controller I could just watch the world by itself.
I will say nothing of the final hours other than it rewarded me for every hour i gave to it's narrative.
The only faults other than listed above is a weak quest thread before the key acts that seems like the incredible development cycle allowed them to use assets from what seemed like a prototype from another project.
I understand if you find it too much of a time commitment and don't have the patience for all it's odd and unnecessary design choices
I didn't play many games from 2018 last year. so I feel this is a great template to start in 2019 what I want personally from my gaming experiences
And in the end That's exactly what Red Dead Redemption 2 is an experience.

2 .Sunset Overdrive XB1 48 Hours DLC will be counted seperate 4.5/5
Sunset Overdrive was the game when I created my list to play mostly backlogged games the last 2 years.
I remember each time i started it something would get in the way where i would put it away and think I really enjoy that I should probably jump back in sometime.
This January was that moment and i had a great time with the humor and setting I was a punk rock kid with a mohawk so the music was hilarious as well as that cameo from a punk institution
Insominac layed the groundwork to make Spider Man with the traversal you really only wanna fast travel for collectables.
I feel like this game was always my favorite xbox exclusive before i played it this month outside forza horizon series.
The weapons are fantastic the hair spray bombs being my personal favorite it never got old for me taking on the wave of giant OD monsters and I kept thinking eventually this gets repetitive right?
I even finished the main game and went after the collectables just to see what other amps i can play with.
The story is nothing to get invested in FIZZCO IS EVIL...
the jokes and third wall breaking narratives are here for just enough details to keep you wall running and grinding
This all sounds fantastic you might be reading why no 5/5 .
Easy the early game before the air dash unlocks can make you feel like the game is way too slow and you just can't reach that item yet.
Unfortunately Chaos Squad is empty the multiplayer component similar to a Gears Horde mode has no one playing therefore you can't earn certain rewards or weapons it's really a shame I can never get a game going on Xbox Live.
I'm sittiing here writting this out struggling to remember just how little satisfaction that final boss battle is it's just OK which is a knock if your a game going for spectacle as that's what I'll take away from my time .
That combo of 415 in a buck national event/how many times i would redo the weapon challenges just to earn that precious Overcharge bonus/ that silly sense of being in high school with all the cliques and doing favors for all storyline
I think this game is just video game fun it was the right thing after a serious narrative like RDR 2 .
I also would say Sunset Overdrive will likely make me my best of the decade list.

3. Sunset Overdrive Dawn of the Rise of The Fallen Machines (DLC) (XB1) Jan 28 4 hours 2/5
Go to a Fizzco cafe the map said and I ended up doing the 2nd dlc first by mistake since both say Go to a Fizzco cafe
There is a clever weapon added that plays much like the Gears hammer moments. a new collectable and a awesome boss battle if you enjoyed Sunset TV.
However 2 things drag the experience down.
1. I didn't say this in my thoughts on the main game the Fizzco security bots are the most boring enemies they lack any personality and fighting only them for 85% of this dlc is a letdown.kudos for adding 2 new types but they weren't interesting either
2. I really appreciated the Katmari attempt but it was probably the most frustrating part of the game to defeat enemies on a timer while maintaining your charge i just didn't enjoy it and wanted to finish this dlc as quick as I could

I will also point out it feels unfinished there are areas for characters in the game but those NPC'S are missing in this dlc story if you told me this got cut for a release date and was never touched again I would believe you
I only got one new weapon that is nothing more than a cloud I did feel let down after the high of the main game.
Definitely a shame for this to be the final memory of Sunset Overdrive outside a fun ending of this dlc
It's fair to say you could skip it

4. Sunset Overdrive The Mystery Of The Mooil Rig (DLC) (XB1) 4 hours 3/5
Glad I played the after the above mentioned Robots dlc. I really enjoyed the main and side quests so much more.
One of the side quests is a highlight for the whole game it involves a well known bad flim director who needs you to raise money for his next disater flim;
The water dive bomb is the best new feature that gets added once you start the dlc.
New enemy types actually are more fun vs the other dlc and one thing both got right were creative designs for their boss fights at the end of the main quest in both.
I was glad to get a resolution to the Fizco Co. storyline as well
I think this is a a reflection of cut content from the main game as the Rig seems well designed to be played around with much like the amusement park area .
I am fine with the 8 hours i spent in the post dlc but i don't think unless you really enjoy Sunset Overdrive like I did you should buy these after the main game

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say although theyre mostly short, I’m already at 5/52 and I may actually clear some of my backlog this year! :D lol

Lets all be accomplished this year era :) in which ever way you like.

Oct 8, 2018
Reserve

Games Finished:
1. Fire Emblem Awakening 1/2/19; 29 Hours

Currently Playing:
Fire Emblem Fates (Can I count them as 3 separate games?)

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
3. Gris

This was a nice and simple platformer, wherein you play as a young woman who appears to have lost her voice and treks through a world seemingly barren and gains abilities over the course of her journey which are required to unlock paths and collect glowing orbs or fireflies in order to further progress to the next area.
Game can be beaten in under 4 hours though getting 100% collectables will take some more time.
Worth getting if you're looking for something simple and light to play.

Oct 25, 2017
California
2. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - N. Sane Trilogy (5 hours)
I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I see why people are so in love with this series. Don't get me wrong, this is a good game, but it feels unremarkable in just about every way. Maybe it's just because I'm more used to Nintendo-style 3D platformers of the era like Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, but this felt really basic to me. That's not gonna stop me from beating the other two games in the trilogy, though.

Full list to date

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017
Completed:
1. Celeste (Switch) | Jan. 3 | 21 hours | 5/5
Amazing story, controls, music, and atmosphere. Difficult but fair and well-balanced. Strong sense of accomplishment as you gradually learn and then conquer a room. Completed main story and got most strawberries. Finished B-sides for chapters 1 through 5 but threw in the towel at the Chapter 6 B-side. May revisit the post game later.
2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) | Jan. 8 | 3 hours | 3.5/5

Playing:

1. Celeste (Switch) | 3rd Jan - 21hrs | 5/5
2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) | 8th Jan - 3hrs | 3.5/5

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Finished my first game for 2019.

3.5/5
The game is kinda like 2D Zelda. Love the artstyle and story. The addition of animated cutscene is nice too. Unfortunately it felt like the developers ran out of money towards the end because the gameplay and story become less and less instead of expanding ---- less character to control, less puzzles and worst of all an ending that doesn't even contain animated cutscenes that they sprinkled throughout the game. Not to mention some ridiculous difficulty spike in late chapters.
Despite that, I still love the game. The ending is bittersweet which is surprising given the tone of this game in the beginning.

Original post.

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
1st game of 2019 Done.
1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PS4) | 5th Jan - 7ishhrs | 4/5
Pretty great game. Showcases VR and definitely made me a believer in 3D platformer in VR. I still prefer Beat Saber but at least I'm not tired after playing Astro Bot.

Currently playing:
Steven Universe: Save the Light (Switch)
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (XB1)
Beat Saber (PS4)

OP
https://www.resetera.com/threads/52-games-1-year-2019.90649/post-16454861

Oct 25, 2017
First game of the year is go.

1. Omensight - 05/01/2019

Omensight feels like it came from the PS2, in all the best ways. Combat is simple, weighty and highly satisfying, and button mashers will get creamed if they aren't paying attention. The core of the game, however, is the Majora's Mask style time loop, where each adventure is set on the last day before the end of the world as you relive it, uncovering clues to a murder mystery that brings about the apocalypse. For sure there's repetition to the game but it's strongly woven into the narrative, and every return to a new area brings with it a new party member to battle alongside and secrets to uncover. On top of that, it's one of the few games in recent memory I've experienced where the ending is so satisfying that I can confidently state the game is worth playing just to reach it. Omensight is a testament to the power that indie developers have when let loose beyond the constraints of 2D gameplay.

Oct 26, 2017

Game #4 - Hacknet
Time: 9 hours

What a great surprise this was, from basically something I would never touch to one of my favorite games in years, after it was recomended by a friend. Just a fantastic hacking puzzle game, quite unique gameplay and lots of great flavor text and little stories. Very meaty aswell as the main game took me about 9 hours to finish and that was with lots of guide checking in the last few missions . Still, very recomended and it actually opened me up to the "hacking" genre so now I want to check similar games.

Game #5 - Hacknet Labyrinths
Time: 4 hours

Expansion for Hacknet, it introduces new mechanics and a whole new story with multiple hackers working towards one goal. It feels different enough from the main game and the new mechanics are neat, but I thought it was overall a bit moe frustrating than the main game (or I was just burned out not sure). Still, if you like Hacknet, you cant go wrong with this DLC.

Main Post

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

Game #4 - Hacknet + Labyrinths Expansion

What a great surprise this was, from basically something I would never touch to one of my favorite games in years, after it was recomended by a friend. Just a fantastic hacking puzzle game, quite unique gameplay and lots of great flavor text and little stories. Very meaty aswell as the main game took me about 9 hours to finish and the DLC was about 3-4 hours, and that was with lots of guide checking in the last few missions (the expansion was both much harder I thought but I was also pretty burned out on the game by then to be fair). Still, very recomended and it actually opened me up to the "hacking" genre so now I want to check similar games.

Main Post
I think that you may have just convinced me to promote the game up a long way in my backlog - thanks for the write-up! Is there much similarity to Uplink, if you've ever had any experience with that?

Oct 27, 2017
Main Post

Just finished Dragon Age Origins along with the following dlc Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, and Stone Prisoner.

Next up is the Awakening expansion along with the 2 follow up dlc's:
  1. Golems of Angarrak
  2. Witch Hunt
Will also be starting Bound and Into the Breach shortly.

Oct 25, 2017
#1 Return to Castle Wolfenstein - 7.5 PC - Jan 3rd - 6.30 hours
Decent shooter, good level design, atmosphere and fun weapons. Stealth mechanics don't work that well but the game does attempt to mix things up quite often and everything else is good.

#2 Spider-Man - 8.5 - PS4 - Jan 6th - 28 hours
100%. Enjoyed the story very much, great acting. Swinging feels amazing and is endlessly fun. Combat is flashy if a little repetitive but there's a lot of different gadgets/suits to use. Bosses were a bit dissapointing. Biggest criticism is all the side stuff is very generic open world fluff.

Oct 25, 2017
1st game cleared, took me a bit longer than I thought.

1) The Messenger (Steam, 17 hours, 4/5)
Pretty neat! A lot of backtracking in the second half, but the game is a lot of fun to play, so I didn't really mind.