• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TP17

Nov 1, 2017
Reserving a spot

1. Game (Platform) | Date | x/5
2. Game (Platform) | Date | x/5
3. Game (Platform) | Date | x/5

Last edited:

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Ok, so the backlog is growing far too quickly, so I am using the thread as motivation to actually feel like I've accomplished something (not that I will)...

January might start off slow as I never got through RDRII and just also got Spider-man, so I could foresee sometime lost at the beginning.Vita gaming dropped off the cliff in the back half of the year as I used travel to work time to do more work, work should be slowing down and a shitload of games ready to fire through, seems like I only significantly played about 5 Vita games last year (granted one was Stardew Valley)

HISTORICAL OVERALL STATUS
2009 : 27 Complete
2010 : 21 Complete
2011 : 19 Complete
2012 : 16 Complete
2013 : 24 Complete
2014 : 28 Complete
2015 : 24 Complete
2016 : 24 Complete
2017 : 8 Complete
2018 : 7 Complete
2019 : 25 Complete : 63 Games Played (39.68%)

Stats based around played/trophy unlocked dates... Considering I probably buy twice as many games each year, I think the backlog will last til about 2050 at this rate. HA!

2019 IN PROGRESS
Game #001
Sd2d12c.png

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 2%)

Game #004
S947fec.png

Farming Simulator 18 (Vita | ~1.5hrs | Trophies - 1%)

Game #005
S810431.png

Treasures Of Montezuma (Vita | <1hrs | Trophies - 1 to go...) - Planning to end this one, I need 40hrs of game time to get that last trophy, so I plan on playing 10-12mins a day, so this will be completed at some point this year...

Game #008
S5c1d6d.png

LEGO Worlds (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 25%) - This is being played with my little boy, so I am not really tracking what the hell is happening in this thing, but slowly starting to unlock stuff.

Game #010
S398d69.png

Rayman Legends (Vita | ~1hrs | Trophies - 82%) - This one has been on hold for years now, the last trophy unlocked was in 2014, the final grind to 1,000,000 lums and final level of Awesomeness is going to be finished this year, hopefully!

Game #012
S354df5.png

VA-11 Hall-A (Vita | ~12hrs | Trophies - 50%) - I have received 1 of the 6 ending to the game, working my way through NG+ to clean up the rest of the trophies. So this should be the next completed game.

Game #015
Sb574eb.png

Metrico (Vita | ~5hrs | Trophies - 9%) - I believe I am on the final level, but I also feel as though I am fighting the controls at times. In the past I thought this game was one thing, but I am learning that it plays much differently, at some point I'll look to go back, but I wasn't feeling this at the moment.

Game #018
S6fc070.png

The Sexy Brutale (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 17%) - Only 3 levels into the game, but enjoying it so far. Looking tricky to keep track of everything that happens across the re-occurring day, where you can and can't go at certain times, but will be interested to see how it ends.

Game #019
S714087.png

Wheels of Aurelia (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 17%) - Only seen about 3-4 endings to the game, looking like a bit of a slog to find all 20 or so in the game, but I might look at doing 1 a day or so in the future, the runs are only about 15-20mins long.

Game #022
S05526b.png

Overlooked (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 10%) - Only fired this up to see what it was about, will look at getting the better half to co-op with me.

Game #024
S1fa834.png

The LEGO Movie 2 : The Videogame (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 17%) - Played this on the weekend with the son, not as bad as I first thought, but I do prefer a more linear story, rather than the open mini-missions. Seems like it's a simple game.

Game #026
S109561.png

Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception (PS3 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 19%) - This was purely to get the the only two MP trophies on the base list before the MP was shutdown later in the year.

Game #027
Sb791a9.png

The Last Of Us (PS3 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 1%) - Similar idea as Uncharted 3, but in the end I was never able to devote enough time to it.

Game #028
S03e4c2.png

Tetris Effect (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 8%) - Got this on the cheap and had only a quick go of it, enjoy the time I did have with it, but will pick it up again in the future.

Game #029
S7bae25.png

Alone With You (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 35%) - Finished the game with 1 of the multiple endings, but the game will be a bit of a slog to go back through the multiple endings the game has.

Game #030
Sec0e3c.png

Papers, Please (Vita | ~3hrs | Trophies - 0%) - I know this is a tough game, but perhaps the smaller screen makes it even worse to play, as I had tough time with using the available real estate to play it properly. It turned me off the game, but I'll give it another shot eventually.

Game #034
S7e0b61.png

F1 2011 (Vita | ~1hrs | Trophies - 1%) - I was in a Vita slump at this point and was looking to find something, this didn't end up being it at the time.

Game #036
S4a5ca7.png

LEGO : The Incredibles (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 18%) - Another game I play on/off with the young boy... one day we will eventually finish a LEGO game again.

Game #037
Sb10cef.png

DriveClub Bikes (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 3%) - So, this was the rough time that I got a 4TB External HDD, so I started dumping the library onto the HDD, also to see what I had owned for this game. I do need to return for the online trophies before March 2020.

Game #038
S50dcef.png

Hitman 2 (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 1%) - Same as Driveclub Bikes, no real effort into this game at the moment.

Game #039
Scc76f5.png

LEGO Ninjago Movie : The Video Game (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 16%) - Another game I play on/off with the young boy... one day we will eventually finish a LEGO game again.

Game #041
S6ce7e1.png

Erica (PS4 | ~6hrs | Trophies - 21%) - This was a surprise drop game and I had an additional voucher so I took the plunge, I do like branching story games and whilst I only ran through this one, I enjoyed my time with it. With these types of games I do like to let them breathe and will return for other run through in the future.

Game #043
Sf01b09.png

AFL Evolution (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 3%) - Being an Aussie, I have never really played Aussie sports games because I know they have a habit of being shit. Now, whilst I didn't spend alot of time with this game, it was pretty horrible, so perhaps one day I might try to actually learn how to play it "well", but it might be a while.

Game #044
S5b4173.png

Absolute Drift : Zen Edition (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 30%) - Always wanted to give this a go and I shouldn't have given it up as it reminded me of Motorstorm RC, but with Drift Challenges instead.

Game #045
S6a682a.png

Dangerous Golf (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 11%) - Burnout Crash mode but with Golf instead? Sounds fantastic... not quite as good as it could be, the unlock system holds it back as it's confusing.

Game #046
S510823.png

Destroy All Humans! (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 1%) - Not entirely sure the reason behind firing this up, I still want to play it eventually, but perhaps I was seeing how "suitable" it was for my son... the answer was "Not suitable".

Game #047
S225923.png

Sly 2 : Band Of Thieves (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 23%) - On the back of finishing the first game on the Vita, I went straight into the sequel, but the game changes they made didn't really click with me, so it's been a slog to get through it.

Game #048
S37ccd5.png

LEGO Jurassic World (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 4%) - Another game I play on/off with the young boy... one day we will eventually finish a LEGO game again.

Game #049
Sd3b98a.png

Battle Chef Brigade (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 4%) - Need to return to this, I was really enjoying this mix of Iron Chef Puzzle game. The story of what I have seen seems charming enough.

Game #050
S46aa69.png

Headlander (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 18%) - Another game where I don't have a bad thing to say about it, but I just stopped playing.

Game #051
Sb2eac4.png

Riddled Corpses (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 10%) - Separate trophy list for PS4, will slowly knock this out over time.

Game #057
Sf80477.png

Alienation (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 0%) - Just wanted to see what this game was about, nothing that I didn't put me off it, but I didn't progress.

Game #058
Sec9ec4.png

Portal Knights (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 10%) - Like Minecraft, but with more of a story, another game that I was playing with the youngin', didn't mind what I played though.

Game #059
Se3bc1d.png

Borderlands : Game Of The Year Edition (PS4 | ~30hrs | Trophies - 52%) - Main game is complete, but still need to wrap up the DLC. Still a fine game!

Game #060
S15bf15.png

MLB The Show 19 (PS4 | ~30hrs | Trophies - 51%) - So I have played about 2-3 Seasons in Road To The Show and that's about all I've touched. I can see how Sony make silly amounts of money with this game. I'll never get the Platinum due to some of the MP trophies, but as my first experience with a Baseball game in over 15 years, I had some good fun!

Game #061
S19523e.png

WRC 5 : World Rally Championship (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 34%) - Looking to complete the WRC5 double at the same time, the PS4 version is obviously much more detailed than the Vita version, it's not a terrible game, but I've heard over the sequels they have refined the game to a very good series.

Game #062
S351469.png

WRC 5 : World Rally Championship (Vita | ~12hrs | Trophies - 86%) - The Vita version was the last in the series on the device, seeing this against the PS4 version is just horrible, there are very little environmental aspects to the game, just barren geography. Just the main WRC Season to complete.

Game #063
Sb1bc02.png

Death Stranding (PS4 | ~50hrs | Trophies - 49%) - The game consumes me. 50hrs in and I'm only still in Chapter 3! This will be one game that heavily impacts any sort of 2020 attempt at 52 Games. I will not ever directly recommend this game to anyone, it's far to polarizing, but it is no doubt my GOTY.

2019 COMPLETED
Completion #001
S5350b0.png

Game #003 : Adventure Capitalist (PS4 | 4.5hrs | Trophies - 100%)
This was originally started in 2017, but I was at a point where I was close, so I decided to end it and use the system clock trick to finish off the final trophy. This is now "Complete" and deleted.

Completion #002
Sfe0ebb.png

Game #002 : MARVEL Spider-Man (PS4 | ~40hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Thoroughly enjoyed this game.

Completion #003
S764480.png
S87919b.png
S477bef.png

Game #006 : MARVEL Spider-Man + City That Never Sleeps (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
The DLC is complete, the new enemy types with armour and weapons started to get annoying, but overall I didn't mind the story expansion as it touched on a few threads to close from the base game.

Completion #004
S143dfa.png

Game #007 : Factotum 90 (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
This was an arrival from Limited Run Games one day at work and decided to fire it up on the way home. Ultimately, the game is reasonably short puzzler, it has some nice ideas, but never reaches the heights of truly great puzzle games. The story for the game is horribly weak and not required, it could have been a simple "practical test" similar to Portal

Completion #005
Sc2a055.png

Game #009 : Jazzpunk (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
I first played this in 2017, but dropped it almost instantly for something else, it has been sitting on the HDD all this time, so I restarted and got through it. I enjoyed some aspects of the stupidity of the game, but towards the end it started to play on the nerves. It's one of those games to expect the worst and hope that it surprises you.

Completion #006
S3a361a.png

Game #013 : Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies -100%) - Loved this back on PS3 and still love it today, just running through the campaign at the moment, Paradise 2 with a new open world map, but with closed circuit races would be the greatest version of Burnout yet, but alas we will never get it.
Final trophy was 8 People on a Bike for 10 Miles, tricky to organise, but got there in the end.

Completion #007
S108bf6.png

Game #014 : Hue (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%)
This has been on the Vita for a while and decided to hop back into it, the colour mechanic for puzzles was alot of fun and I feel that a sequel could easily exist to further develop more complex puzzles. Not overly long, just an enjoyable title from start to finish.

Completion # 008
Sb1d0c5.png

Game #016 : Super Stardust Ultra (PS4 | ~2hr | Trophies - 100%)
So, the story with this is that I was missing the "Shock and Awe" trophy for destroying 10 Nukes, now I still don't believe that I did this in a single run, so I don't know how I got it this time, but it popped and so I cleaned up the Brothers in Arms trophy straight after and we're done here. I don't know what I chose to boot it up, but I'm now glad I did.

Completion # 009
S570e66.png

Game #020 : Guacamelee! 2 (PS4 | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Beat the game to 100%, only a juggling trophy and a hard run to complete and also DLC trophies still a complete joy to play, the main story is great like the original. The bosses weren't as tough and some of the new insta-kill things in the game increase the challenge, but at times not for the better in the optional rooms.
In saying that, twice now the game had me up til either 2-3am trying to beat some of the optional content, so they are doing something right, everyone should own this game.

Completion # 010
Sf51b76.png

Game #023 : What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Felt the need for a walking simulator that didn't overstay its' welcome, this was a nice little story wrapped up in a unique method of telling the individual stories. I didn't actually notice at the very beginning that the person wasn't Edith, but her child, so that was a nice little mini revelation.

Completion # 011
S398d69.png

Game #011 : Rayman Legends (PS4 | WEEKS & MONTHS | Trophies - 100%)
Fucking finally complete! About 4-5 months of daily challenges this year (anywhere between 15mins to 2hrs a night).
Fucking Done, deleted from the HDD...
It's a great game, but those grinding trophies were the fucking worst...
Sadly, still have the Vita version to go!

Completion # 012
Sd44828.png

Game #025 : Journey (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 100%)
After collecting my Rayman Platinum about, just decided to jump into Journey for a slow climb to the top... Was missing a couple of trophies, which I was able to clean up in about an hour.

Completion # 013
S4bdaf3.png

Game #021 : Assassin's Creed II (PS4 | ~40hrs | Trophies - 100%) - Wanted to play an AC game, with access to all the AC games on the PS4, I started (almost) from the beginning. Only need to track the fucking feathers down again before this one is done.

Completion # 014
S35493d.png

Game #017 : Virginia (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%) - Over some tired nights I played to the end and will return to clean up the trophies. There is an interesting and weird story in the game, but it can come across as very jarring as it speeds along. At times you might miss a few cues as you look around at other things. I retruned to clean up the trophies.

Completion # 015
S4c891b.png

Game #031 : Burly Men At Sea (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%) - This was short enough to keep me entertained through all the endings in the game, it was a nice art style, but the endings did become very samey.

Completion # 016
S5be6a1.png

Game #032 : Tearaway Unfolded (PS4 | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%) - I had started this 3 years ago, but I never keep on with it, so this year it was done, there were a number of ingame challenges where not dying whilst taking home the squirrel was a requirement and some of them were fairly brutal for a game that looks so inviting. The changes made to the PS4 version were at most times very inventive and well done. Certainly is still one of those games that should be played by all.

Completion # 017
Sd3985e.png

Game #033 : Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%) - I had completed the PS3 HD Classic, but never the Vita version, so got through this pretty quickly. Really fin game.

Completion # 018
Se9d040.png

Game #035 : Letter Quest Remastered (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%) - I have never been great with Scrabble/Boggle, but this was a nice surprise and enjoyed the time with this game.

Completion # 019
Sbdc3f7.png

Game #040 : Rugby World Cup 2015 (PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 100%) - I've had the Vita and PS3 completed also, but I got this on the cheap and decided to knock it out. It really is a bad game though, with no redeeming features at all.

Completion # 020
S617e4e.png

Game #042 : Riddled Corpses (Vita | ~14hrs | Trophies - 100%) - The game thumbnail was what sold me on the game! Nope, not really, it was on sale on the Store and I had a few bucks in the account still. It's a basic twin stick shooter with rouge-like elements, basically you just have to grind the same level over and over until you've upgraded yourself to be capable to finish the game. The levels are fairly generic and the bosses just end up being similar "easy bullet hell" fare.

Completion # 021
S0da07c.png

Game #052 : Sky Force Anniversary (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%) - From the beginning, I was enjoying this shump, but then the grind set in... and by the end it put me off considering purchasing the other game in the series for the PS4. The RNG for cards was atrocious, but whilst I got 100% trophies, the game was not 100% as I was not persisting with the Nightmare difficulty.

Completion # 022
S3b3f5c.png

Game #053 : My Name Is Mayo (Vita | ~2hrs | Trophies - 100%) - Shut up, I wanted an easy Platinum... don't judge me! Still have the PS4 version to get.

Completion # 023
S0de3be.png

Game #054 : Teslagrad (Vita | ~12hrs | Trophies - 100%) - I had always seen this in my library and finally gave it a go, it was a nice enjoyable game, a touch simple though, some of the platforming to get to some secrets weren't easy, but this was mainly down to controls which at times were not as precise as one would want.

Completion # 024
S6b600f.png

Game #055 : Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita | ~5hrs | Trophies - 100%) - 6 years on, I finally went back to this, when I first completed this game, I loved it. Wholesome story, nice artstyle and decent puzzles. The problem, was this was Episode 1, Episode 2 never made the Vita... and seems like Episode 3 will never get made. Used a walkthrough for all the can collectables as that was basically the last thing missing.

Completion # 025
S6f2e11.png

Game #056 : Touch My Katamari (Vita | ~5hrs | Trophies - 100%) - 7 years in the making! The final trophy missing was a stupid unlock, which required true dedication if done "right", probably over 1-2 years of daily logins... So, using the Vita increase day trip, I rolled through this in a day just to knock it out.

Last edited:

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
Participating for the first time this year: 52/52

1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, PS VR, 4th Jan. 10/10
  2. The Last of Us, PS4 Pro, 4th Jan, 17h 16m. 9/10
  3. Yakuza 0, PS4 Pro, 15th Jan, 57h 11m. 10/10
  4. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, PS VR, 23rd Jan. 9/10
  5. God of War, PS4 Pro, 26th Jan. 10/10
  6. New Super Mario Bros. 2, NN3DS, 28th Jan, 13h 48m. 7/10
  7. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, PS4 Pro, 2nd Feb. 7,5/10
  8. Resident Evil, PS4 Pro, 9th Feb, 23h 28m. 9,5/10
  9. Resident Evil 2, PS4 Pro, 18th Feb, 19h 32m. 9/10
  10. Sleeping Dogs, PS4 Pro, 4th March, 35h 41m. 7,5/10.
  11. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, NS, 17th March, 25h. 8,5/10
  12. Statik, PS VR, 19th March. 9/10
  13. Cave Story, NN3DS, 21st March, 12h 15m. 7,5/10
  14. INSIDE, PS4 Pro, 2nd April. 8,5/10
  15. Sekiro, PS4 Pro, 11th April, 100h. 10/10
  16. Yakuza Kiwami 2, PS4 Pro, 13th April, 47h 19m. 10/10
  17. Iconoclasts, PS4 Pro, 6th May, 15h 5m. 9/10
  18. Ratchet & Clank, PS4 Pro, 30th May, 8,5/10.
  19. Blood & Truth, PS VR, 10th June, 8,5/10.
  20. APE OUT, NS, 28th June, 3h. 7,5/10
  21. Katana ZERO, NS, 30th June, 6h. 9,5/10
  22. DAYS GONE, PS4 Pro, 4th July. 8,5/10
  23. What Remains of Edith Finch, PS4 Pro, 7th July. 8,5/10
  24. Limbo, PS4 Pro, 14th July. 6,5/10
  25. Blazing Chrome, NS, 22th July. 9/10.
  26. Mummy Demastered, NS, 7th August, 5h 47m. 8/10
  27. Resident Evil 4, PS4 Pro, 23th August, 25h 44m. 8,5/10
  28. Judgment, PS4 Pro, 8th September, 73h 2m. 10/10
  29. River City Girls, NS, 20th September, 10h. 7/10
  30. DEADLY PREMONITION Origins, NS, 23rd September, 20h 6m. 8,5/10
  31. Resident Evil 5, PS4 Pro, 24th September, 13h 47m. 8/10
  32. TLOZ: Link's Awakening, NS, 27th September, 20h. 8,5/10
  33. Firewatch, NS, 2nd October, 5h. 6,5/10
  34. Bloodborne, PS4 Pro, 4th October, 50h. 10/10
  35. Red Dead Redemption 2, PS4 Pro, 28th October, 52h 33m. 10/10
  36. Ori and The Blind Forest, NS, 29th October, 10h 23m. 10/10
  37. The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors, NS, 29th October, 5h. 6,5/10
  38. Return of Obra Dinn, NS, 4th November, 12h 25m. 10/10
  39. Resident Evil 6, PS4 Pro, 7th November. 9/10
  40. Sunset Overdrive, X1X, 10th November, 15h 47m. 8,5/10
  41. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, X1X, 13th November, 15h 03m. 8,5/10
  42. Halo 2, X1X, 14th November. 9,5/10
  43. Wolfenstein: The New Order, X1X, 18th November, 9/10
  44. Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition, X1X, 20th November, 8,5/10
  45. Army of Two, X1X, 1st December, 9/10
  46. Double Dragon Neon, X1X, 5th December, 2h 54m. 9/10
  47. Disco Elysium, Steam, 9th December, 50h. 10/10
  48. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, X1X, 17th December. 8,5/10
  49. Afterparty, X1X, 18th December. 7/10
  50. Gears of War, X1X, 19th December. 9/10
  51. Death Stranding, PS4 Pro, 23th December, 72h 36m. 8/10
  52. Gears of War 2, X1X, 25th December. 10/10

Last edited:

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Starting out slow here with some easy games I just felt like playing today. I will actually try to buy no more than 3 new games this year to dig into my backlog of about 40 games. Should be fun :D

1. Starwing / Star Fox (SNES) - no continues
DwBq-bfXcAAPQ0B.jpg

2. Kung Fu (NES) - no continues
DwBrJ1QX0AAVWOg.jpg

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'll stop being a lurker as part of the new year and reserve a post. Hopefully will make sure to update, unlike when I tried this at the old place.
Doubt I'll get all the way there without playing some short stuff but I least want to get one larger game a month.
I find doing a medium game, long game and then some shorter pallet cleansers keeps it fresh and you can use the shorter games to catch up.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Main post:

Persona 5
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee!
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Overcooked 2: DLC
Pokemon Snap
Wandersong
Westerado: Double Barreled
Borderlands 2
Slay the Spire
Steamworld Quest
Golf Peaks
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Cadence of Hyrule
Crash Team Racing
Erica
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Dimitri
Hollow Knight
Super Mario World
Until Dawn
The Last of Us
Detroit: Become Human
Super Metroid

Currently Playing:
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Link's Awakening
Untitled Goose Game

Hiatus A:
Letter Quest Remastered
OlliOlli 1
RAD
Cook, Serve Delicious 2!!
Baba is You
Sushi Striker
Darkest Dungeon
Kingdom New Lands
Fire Emblem 3 Houses -

Hiatus B:
Mario + Rabbids DLC
The Next Penelope
Snake Pass
Void Space Racing
Riptide Renegade GP
FAST RMX
Wild Guns Reloaded

Queue:
Cuphead
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
FF9
Bastion
Transistor
The Way: Remastered
Stardew Valley

Demos:
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
Oninaki
Neo Cab
Mistover
Lethal League
Ori and the Blind Forest
Yoku's Island Express
Yoshi's Crafted World
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Daemon X Machina

Unfinishable:
Screencheat
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Jackbox Party Pack 5
One Strike
Pinball FX 3
Tetris 99

Coming Soon:
Borderlands 3
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Little Town Hero
After Party
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Tokyo 2020
The Outer Worlds
Death Stranding
The Touryst
Pokemon Shield

Coming Soon?
Crosscode
Dreams
Youropa
Session.
Gorn
Stardust Odyssey
Wattam
Return of the Obra Dinn

Last edited:

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So, over about 15 years of gaming, I've somehow built of a backlog of 208 games. This is minus 'endless' games, dropped games, and 250 completed games. Thrift stores, gamestop used, digital sales, library sales have all added up over these years. I'm gonna be 31 in a few days and this month I've just been getting my shit together and in the spare time between work and holidays and other personal work I put together a list and an app to keep track.

I could play games happily for years with my current hardware without ever looking at another sale. I plan to. As I'm working on other things, when I have time I'm going to be playing through my backlog exclusively for at least the next year, most likely two years. No new games. I have experiences in hand, waiting for me. I'll never experience a game I don't purchase but I'll also never experience a game I don't play and never get the full experience of a game I don't finish.

I'll never finish my entire backlog. But I will focus my gaming exclusively on it, at least while playing by myself.

Edit: 1/28/19- Witcher 3=Donezo. I was briefly tempted to play through side quests and uncover the checkmarks, but I've spend more than enough time in this world. I told myself that I would focus on my PS3 for a bit, as I've got a stellar library built up over four years and it deserves some love. I boot up Metal Gear Solid 4 and finally I beat the Vamp boss battle. This will be my next completed game. Also have 2064: Read Only Memories on offer.

Edit: 2/4/2019- Metal Gear Solid 4 is done. I almost got off track but in what I now know is a common theme, I have a tendancy to drop games if I struggle with a certain part. The final chapter was a breeze compared to the earlier parts of the game. IDK what happened. I'm still working on 2064 Read Only Memories, as I'm struggling a bit with it keeping my interest and I'm going to move on to Papo & Yo, a game I've had for years and I never really played. I picked it out of a hat. If I breeze through that, then its onto Mark of the ninja, another game I've had for more than five years that I've never touched.
Edit: 6/12/2019- 16 games in and I'm not surprised. This is about my pace, 30-35 games a year.

1. Tacoma (PS4) Its a 7
2. Hidden folks. Starts at an 8, ends a 6
3. Recettear 7.5. The final payment was too high, I cheated my way past it, IDGAF, I've gotten the experience of this game.
4. Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - I was surprised with how quickly this DLC was over, far fewer missions that what I expected.
5. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine - I got through this, finally. Its done. I would have enjoyed it more if I had played this while the "iron was hot" so to speak". That iron cooled off in December of 2016. 9.5 for expansion, entire game is a 10, as long as you stick to main quests/side quests
6. Stories Untold- Another game that I pretty much dropped when I lost interest, in this case after playing through the first 3 scenarios. The final chapter didn't disappoint. 8, but a 10 because there really isn't another game like this one out there.
7. Half Life 2: Downfall- A short HL2 mod, about an hour and change. Its been forever since I've played any HL2 content and now I miss the gravity gun.
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: My first Metal Gear solid game. For the big time fans, what a great ending this must have been for you folks. I enjoyed my time over the years with this one, no doubt. Fantastic.
9. Katamari Dalamacy- PS2 classic played on PS3. I actually played The Wonderful End of the World and Katamari Forever before buying this last year and finishing it this year in a sudden burst of gaming inspiration. Beautiful and entertaining as ever.
10. Catherine- Boy..... Started this one way back in 2015! I ran up against walls time and time again with this one and when I decided to finish it off this weekend, I had no idea that I was on the second to last level. Oops. Welp, it counts and I'm very satisifed with how my choices in the game played out.
11. 2064 ROM- Done. I was into this for the first three chapters but once the characters and themes had been fleshed out, I was reminded that I'm not the biggest fan of "classic" point and click controls. Its fun that you can "talk" to a door but most of the time that's just wasted space on the UI. Context sensitive options are best.
12. Spider-Man PS4- This was both longer and shorter than I expected. I probably put 15-20 hours into it, with some time spent on collecting items and side missions. I don't really have a ton to say, except this is one of those weird games that goes on too long but is also over too quickly. Spider-Man 2 for the PS5??
13. Far Cry 5- The final third was... it was rote by that time I got to it. The first region was an amazing experience, one of my favorite gaming experiences of this generation. I'm not sure if I'm going to dive in the New Dawn or any of the DLC packs but you better believe that I've left the door open to more Far Cry 5 experiences.
14. Uncharted 4- God this game is frustrating. Its beautiful and charming, like playing an Indiana Jones movie. The combat nearly destroys all of that. Just terrible combat that I hate to no end. But I kept coming back. And now I'm thinking about buying The Lost Legacy so, they did something right
15. Bad Dream Coma- A Halloween game I bought last Oct. (I have a stable of Halloween games each year). Shockingly graphic point and click game, probably one of the ost effective point and click horror games that I've played premise wise, "What if death just decided to fuck off and no one ever died"? It isn't pretty
16. Kentucky Route Zero: Act Four- I wrote a long pc in PC gaming Era, so Idk read that. If cardboard computer can complete the final act at some point, we'll be looking at one of games greatest literary achievements.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #3 - Hidden Folks
Time: 5 hours

Neat little Where's Waldo type game that unfortunately wears out its welcome faster than I wish it did. It's well made and I love the art style, but at the same time it's a huge strain on the eyes (and my eyes are already bad) and having to scroll and zoom in / out isnt exactly the same as staring at a page spread in a book. I got every folk but I had to check a guide for some of them because I just dont have the patience after a while, but I didnt play the DLC Beach zone because, well I don't own it, and like I said, by the end of the game I was pretty done with it so I didnt bother picking up the DLC (even on sale). Cute but highly overrated in my opinion.

Main Post

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Main Post

1. Picross 3D - 45h - 03.01

1682036.jpg

Whew. A leftover from last year. There is a lot of game in here and it gets pretty challenging toward the end. This exudes quality and polish in every aspect. The perfect podcast/stream game for me.

And that's the first out of the way.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission | 8 hours

Gonna be honest - despite admiring its game design, my time spent with this game was often a pain in the ass. I wish the technology didn't get in the way of the game so often for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Missed the goal by about 10 games in 2018. Perfectly acceptable given I was working full time, in a bootcamp, and interviewing for jobs.

Complete: 27/52

1. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
2. The Walking Dead: The Final Season Episode 3 (PS4)
3. Cat Quest (Switch)
4.The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
5. Spiderman (PS4)
6. DeltaRune Episode 1 (Switch)
7. Persona 5 (PS4)
8. TWD: The Final Season: Episode 4 (PS4)
9. Rick and Morty: Virtual Rickality (PSVR)
10. Ultra Despair Girls: Trigger happy havoc (PS4)
11. FFXV:Episode Ardyn (PS4)
12. Overcooked (PS4)
13. Knack (PS4)
14. Knack 2 (PS4)
15. Police Trainer 2 (Arcade)
16. Days Gone (PS4)
17. GoW III: Remastered (PS4)
18.Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot (PSVR)
19. Control (PS4)
20. Read Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
21. Moss (PSVR)
22. 2064: Read Only Memories (ps4)
23. Inside (switch)
24. Modern Warfare (PS4)
25. Outer Worlds (PS4)
26. Ace Combat 7 (PS4)
27. Trover Saves the Universe (PS4)

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
first game down
main post

header.jpg

1. GRIS | Nintendo Switch | January 3rd | 3hrs | 4/5

Beautiful game. Art for a game is the main thing that draws me in so this was a no-brainer. Wish more indie games had art like this instead of how most end up going with the retro pixel style.

The game starts out pretty simple but it gradually adds mechanics and complexity to the puzzles/platforming to keep it fresh.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
MAIN THREAD

220px-Catherine_Cover_Art.png

#3: Catherine (1-3-2019) | 9/10 | PS3 | ~ 13 Hours | Recommend: Y
# Overall - 9 | A unique puzzle game that challenges your morals and thinking skills
Gameplay - 9 | Each night the complexity of each puzzle challenges you. The bar during downtime was always fun to explore
Sound - 8 | Good voice acting and music tracks. Would of been a point higher without those damn bells ringing!
Story/Online - 9 | I struggle to think of another puzzle game that presents the user with a deep story
Asking Price- 8.67 | Puzzles are unique and with the strong story leads you to want to find out the other story branches.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always fall off not on beating the list, where i get close, but on keeping this shit up to date. 2019. Let's commit to something. Something easy. Let's commit to saying the bare minimum about each game we beat. (In this case, we is me. You do you.) The main post begins here and I guess I'll update it and post seperately each time a new game gets added? That how this works?

1Oytxr3.png

1. Night in the Woods
Dec. 31, 2018-Jan 4 | 9/10 | around 20 hours maybe
Cool game. It went places I did not at all expect it to. I don't know why it took me by such surprise. I wonder if in five years I'll look back on it as what it is or as what I expected it to be? I can't remember whether or not I expected games with surprises in them to be surprising before I got to them. Life is Strange comes to mind. No spoily spoils though. It was the things I expected it to be, mostly, but it was other things too. The main things that I found absolutely enthralling about this game were the relationships Mae shared with all the other people in the town. She cultivated A LOT of relationships and all of the people felt fairly grounded and real. Impressive for cartoon anthropomorphic animals with no voices. I guess the writing was pretty okay. Doubt I'll go back to play it again for the alternative route, assuming there is indeed much of one of those, but I'm very happy I played it through this once.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I always fail but at least I get motivated to try and complete some of my games every year so this will be no different and hopefully I can actually do the 52.

1. Jake Hunter: Ghost of The Dusk [Complete]

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this game considering the DS games weren't that great. The main case is my favourite and the most well done in the game + the music is fantastic especially the jazz tracks. The changing art style in each case was surprising but interesting. I'm not sure what reason they had to do it but it all looked really nice. I should also say that each case is it's own individual thing and none of them are tied together so while the main case is long the rest of the cases are smaller cases that are their own story.

2. Dragon Quest XI - 50 hours[Complete]

Great game and another classic for the series. The story and characters are fantastic and probably now one of my favourites in the sereis. The pep system combinations were fun to use and the party line up system was really neat.

OP
OP
Wozzer

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wozzer I managed to finish more than 52 games in 2017 also, but do 2017 not count in this case?

That's an impressive amount of completions, gz :D. Since ResetERA/the thread wasn't born until October of 2017, I didn't want to muddy engagement by excluding anyone left behind in the GAF migration or who wasn't part of GAF and likely couldn't manage 52 between Oct-Dec. Target being to treat the first full year on Resetera as a fresh start for all.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That's an impressive amount of completions, gz :D. Since ResetERA/the thread wasn't born until October of 2017, I didn't want to muddy engagement by excluding anyone left behind in the GAF migration or who wasn't part of GAF and likely couldn't manage 52 between Oct-Dec. Target being to treat the first full year on Resetera as a fresh start for all.
Ah that's fine then :)

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
This should be an interesting project. I'll see how many I can get done this year :)

1. Spyro the Dragon (PS4) | 1st Jan - 7hrs | 4/5

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
How does everyone treat DLC for the purpose of this? I'm at 94% completion for Spider-Man so will be done soon, but I picked up the Season Pass on sale so I've got a bit more content to get through. Would I be right in saying it's all one game? As that's how I would normally treat it.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does everyone treat DLC for the purpose of this? I'm at 94% completion for Spider-Man so will be done soon, but I picked up the Season Pass on sale so I've got a bit more content to get through. Would I be right in saying it's all one game? As that's how I would normally treat it.

It depends. If it's already fully integrated into the game that i barely notice it's DLC, like a lot of Destiny's content in 2018, i just think of all of it as one game. Expansions or significant (at least a couple of hours) DLC pieces i count as separate. I counted both of Dishonored's and Rise of the Tomb Raider's DLC as their own thing for example. I'm playing through Far Cry 4 now and there's a couple of extra, separate things on the main menu that came with the gold edition. When i play them, i'll see where they belong. If they're just short missions, i'll add the time to the game itself, otherwise i'l make specific entries for them. But everyone does it differently, i've noticed. Just do what feels right to you.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently playing the Spider-Man DLC as one big thing. It's longer than a game like INSIDE, so I would definitely count it, plus it has its own launcher within the game, so it feels separate.

How Long To Beat has the Season Pass pegged as 6-8 hours of content.

I do think that counting each individually would be kinda cheating though.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
It depends. If it's already fully integrated into the game that i barely notice it's DLC, like a lot of Destiny's content in 2018, i just think of all of it as one game. Expansions or significant (at least a couple of hours) DLC pieces i count as separate. I counted both of Dishonored's and Rise of the Tomb Raider's DLC as their own thing for example. I'm playing through Far Cry 4 now and there's a couple of extra, separate things on the main menu that came with the gold edition. When i play them, i'll see where they belong. If they're just short missions, i'll add the time to the game itself, otherwise i'l make specific entries for them. But everyone does it differently, i've noticed. Just do what feels right to you.
I'm currently playing the Spider-Man DLC as one big thing. It's longer than a game like INSIDE, so I would definitely count it, plus it has its own launcher within the game, so it feels separate.

How Long To Beat has the Season Pass pegged as 6-8 hours of content.

I do think that counting each individually would be kinda cheating though.

Thanks guys, I think i'll go with treating the three DLC's as one entry separate from the main game. Helps my numbers a bit but doesn't feel like I'm cheating.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
1. Picross 3D - 45h - 03.01

1682036.jpg

Whew. A leftover from last year. There is a lot of game in here and it gets pretty challenging toward the end. This exudes quality and polish in every aspect. The perfect podcast/stream game for me.

And that's the first out of the way.

Damn, I slowly chip away at this game in between stuff. Didn't realize it was so big.

Thanks guys, I think i'll go with treating the three DLC's as one entry separate from the main game. Helps my numbers a bit but doesn't feel like I'm cheating.

The magic rule is however you want to count it you should count it! If you think all three should count as three then go for it. The only person you would "cheat" is yourself. I was able to hit the 52 last year and I didn't count multiplayer games in my list (I felt kinda funny about it) but at the same time I could put 30-40 hours into a multiplayer game through a year and not count it while counting a game that took less than 5 hours. There is no logic behind that. How you are counting the DLC would be how I would probably treat it also (Season Pass as 1 title). Anyways good luck!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017

I played them as they came out last year and counted each one separately as I had about a month break between each and the main game. I have played older games and not counted the dlc as separate if I play them consecutively.

In the end it's up to you on how you want to count them.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I slowly chip away at this game in between stuff. Didn't realize it was so big.

I went through easy and medium in about 15 hours or so, but then hard really ups the puzzle size and difficulty. Some of the latter puzzles each have 40-50m time limits for the gold star. And you need every last one of those minutes for some.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I went through easy and medium in about 15 hours or so, but then hard really ups the puzzle size and difficulty. Some of the latter puzzles each have 40-50m time limits for the gold star. And you need every last one of those minutes for some.

Good to know, I am in the medium area but am excited its got a lot more legs in the game!

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
3. RIME (PS4)

Short little game with a story told without speech or text. VERY liniar and simple puzzles. Has great graphics and a cinematic score but it's so simple and kind of lacks charm that I don't think I will revisit this game again.
Took about 6 hours to complete.

7/10

DwGlafaWkAAEdSn.jpg:large

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Main Post
  1. Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) | 5th Jan | 10/10
  1. Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) | 5th Jan | 10/10
Just finished Return of the Obra Dinn. I thought i played a good detective game when i finished Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishment. Boy i was wrong. This is by far the best detective game i've ever played and one of the best games of all time. Almost finished most of the fates myslef but got stuck on the 4 chinese topmen. How the hell was i supposed to know their names. I feel like i've missed something obvious.
Next: The Messenger - DMC3HD

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Finished 42 games in my first era attempt
Too many open-world backlog options so if I get 30 I'll be excited if I knock some off my list
UPDATE I'm excited I already hit 43 and we are at the beginning of November

50/52 SO CLOSE I need to do write-ups
Main Post
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) Jan 3 90 hours 4.5/5
2. Sunset Overdrive (XB1) Jan 26 48 hours 4.5/5
3. Sunset Overdrive Dawn of the Rise of The Fallen Machines (DLC) (XB1) Jan 28 4 hours 2/5
4. Sunset Overdrive The Mystery of The Mooil Rig (DLC) (XB1) Jan 30 4 hours 3/5
5. Dead Cells (Switch) Jan 30 42 hours 4.5/5
6. Life Is Strange 2 Episode 1 Roads (XB1) Feb 2 3 hours 4/5
7. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS4) Feb 18 15 hours 2.5/5
8. Uncharted Lost Legacy (PS4) Feb 24 14 hours 4/5
9. Detroit Become Human (PS4) March 3 22 hours 2.5/5
10. The Garden Between (XB1 March 16 3 hours 3/5
11. NBA2K19 (XB1) March 24 104 hours 3.5/5
12. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice (XB1)March 24 7 hours 4/5
13. A Way Out (XB1) March 31 7 hours 2/5
14. Tales From the Borderlands Episode 1: Zer0 Sum (XB1) April 6 2.5 hours 3.5/5
15 The Council Episode 1 The Mad Ones (XB1) April 13 3.5 hours 3/5
16. The Council Episode 2 Hide/Seek (XB1) April 20 3.5 hours 3.5/5
17. Soma (PS4) May 24 15 hours 4/5
18. The Council Episode 3 Ripples (XB1) May 25 3.5 hours 3/5
19. The Council Episode 4 Burning Bridges (XB1) June 1 3.5 Hours 3.5/5
20. Borderlands GOTY Edition (XB1) June 5 47 hours 4/5
21. Borderlands The Island of Dr. Ned (DLC) (XB1) June 6 3 hours 3/5
22. Tetris Effect (PS4) June 9 27 hours so far 5/5
23. Borderlands The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (DLC) (XB1)June 25 18 hours 2.5/5
24. Borderlands Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot (DLC) (XB1) June 30 6 hours 1/5
25. Borderlands Claptrap Revolution (DLC) (XB1) July 6 7 hours 3.5/5
26. Destiny (XB1) July 23 45 HOURS so far 4/5
27. Destiny The Dark Below (DLC) (XB1) July 25 7 hours 3/5
28. Destiny House of Wolves (DLC) (XB1) July 27 10 hours 3/5
29. Life is Strange Episode 2 Rules (XB1) July 29 4 hours 3.5/5
30. Destiny The Taken King (DLC) (XB1) August 8 17 hours 4/5
31. FIFA 19 The Journey (XB1) August 8 22 hours 3/5
32. Destiny Rise of Iron (DLC) (XB1) August 23 20 hours so far 3.5/5
33. Erica (PS4) August 27 4 hours 4/5
34. The Council Episode 5 Checkmate (XB1) September 4 3 hours 3.5/5
35. Life Is Strange Episode 3 Wastelands (XB1) September 12 4 hours 3.5/5
36. The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (XB1) September 14 8 hours 3.5/5
37. My Friend Pedro (Switch) September 28 13 hours 3/5
38. Gears 5 (XB1) Oct 8 22 hours 3.5/5
39. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) Oct 19 22 hours 4.5/5
40. Destiny 2 (XB1) Oct 21 37hours 4/5
41. Afterparty (XB1) Oct 30 7 hours 4.5/5
42. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) (PS4) Nov 1 11 hours 3/5
43. The Outer Worlds (XB1) Nov 4 26 hours 4.5/5
44. Syberia (Switch) Nov 10 7 Hours 3/5
45. Syberia 2 (Switch) Nov 12 9 hours 3/5
46. Life Is Strange Episode 4 Faith (XB1) Nov 22 4/5
47. Syberia 3 (Switch) Nov 25 6 8 hours 3.5/5
48. Until Dawn (PS4) Dec 4 15 hours 4.5/5
49. Superhot VR (PS4) Dec 6 12 hours 5/5
50. Headmaster (PS4) Dec 8 15 hours 4.5/5

red_dead_redemption_2_-_publicity_-_h_2018.jpg

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 JAN 3 90 Hours (86% when the credits roll ) 4.5/5
"I got a plan " was one of the last lines in the red dead redemption's main act and every time Dutch uses that phrase in RDR 2 it made me think.
They are one lucky break or masterplan from avoiding the sadness and pain that you know will find them.
I adored living at the camp,hearing the everyday struggles and the bickering over nonsense.
Hollywood SAG awards best ensemble/cast award that's what I would give this group of murdering already damned self serving family.
I will remember those nights drinking celebrating those small victories and watching Arthur dance with the ladies of the camp.
What makes this a remarkable experience to me is even with these obtuse systems poorly explained and outdated controls that you really should consider customizing to your preference.
Rockstar does the Impossible Arthur Morgan is an all time fully developed protagonist he's not the stereotype western dude.
The man could have been a creative artist his storytelling in his journal is one of the small charms you could miss in this game that feels completely alive.
I have never felt more immersed in an environment that felt like if I wasn't holding a controller I could just watch the world by itself.
I will say nothing of the final hours other than it rewarded me for every hour i gave to it's narrative.
The only faults other than listed above is a weak quest thread before the key acts that seems like the incredible development cycle allowed them to use assets from what seemed like a prototype from another project.
I understand if you find it too much of a time commitment and don't have the patience for all it's odd and unnecessary design choices
I didn't play many games from 2018 last year. so I feel this is a great template to start in 2019 what I want personally from my gaming experiences
And in the end That's exactly what Red Dead Redemption 2 is an experience.

Sunset_Overdrive_Concept_Design_Julien-Renoult_00-2.jpg

2 .Sunset Overdrive XB1 48 Hours DLC will be counted seperate 4.5/5
Sunset Overdrive was the game when I created my list to play mostly backlogged games the last 2 years.
I remember each time i started it something would get in the way where i would put it away and think I really enjoy that I should probably jump back in sometime.
This January was that moment and i had a great time with the humor and setting I was a punk rock kid with a mohawk so the music was hilarious as well as that cameo from a punk institution
Insominac layed the groundwork to make Spider Man with the traversal you really only wanna fast travel for collectables.
I feel like this game was always my favorite xbox exclusive before i played it this month outside forza horizon series.
The weapons are fantastic the hair spray bombs being my personal favorite it never got old for me taking on the wave of giant OD monsters and I kept thinking eventually this gets repetitive right?
I even finished the main game and went after the collectables just to see what other amps i can play with.
The story is nothing to get invested in FIZZCO IS EVIL...
the jokes and third wall breaking narratives are here for just enough details to keep you wall running and grinding
This all sounds fantastic you might be reading why no 5/5 .
Easy the early game before the air dash unlocks can make you feel like the game is way too slow and you just can't reach that item yet.
Unfortunately Chaos Squad is empty the multiplayer component similar to a Gears Horde mode has no one playing therefore you can't earn certain rewards or weapons it's really a shame I can never get a game going on Xbox Live.
I'm sittiing here writting this out struggling to remember just how little satisfaction that final boss battle is it's just OK which is a knock if your a game going for spectacle as that's what I'll take away from my time .
That combo of 415 in a buck national event/how many times i would redo the weapon challenges just to earn that precious Overcharge bonus/ that silly sense of being in high school with all the cliques and doing favors for all storyline
I think this game is just video game fun it was the right thing after a serious narrative like RDR 2 .
I also would say Sunset Overdrive will likely make me my best of the decade list.

Sunset-Overdrive-Dawn-of-the-Rise-of-the-Fallen-Machines.jpg

3. Sunset Overdrive Dawn of the Rise of The Fallen Machines (DLC) (XB1) Jan 28 4 hours 2/5
Go to a Fizzco cafe the map said and I ended up doing the 2nd dlc first by mistake since both say Go to a Fizzco cafe
There is a clever weapon added that plays much like the Gears hammer moments. a new collectable and a awesome boss battle if you enjoyed Sunset TV.
However 2 things drag the experience down.
1. I didn't say this in my thoughts on the main game the Fizzco security bots are the most boring enemies they lack any personality and fighting only them for 85% of this dlc is a letdown.kudos for adding 2 new types but they weren't interesting either
2. I really appreciated the Katmari attempt but it was probably the most frustrating part of the game to defeat enemies on a timer while maintaining your charge i just didn't enjoy it and wanted to finish this dlc as quick as I could

I will also point out it feels unfinished there are areas for characters in the game but those NPC'S are missing in this dlc story if you told me this got cut for a release date and was never touched again I would believe you
I only got one new weapon that is nothing more than a cloud I did feel let down after the high of the main game.
Definitely a shame for this to be the final memory of Sunset Overdrive outside a fun ending of this dlc
It's fair to say you could skip it

Sunset-Overdrive-Mooil-Rig-DLC-Ann.jpg

4. Sunset Overdrive The Mystery Of The Mooil Rig (DLC) (XB1) 4 hours 3/5
Glad I played the after the above mentioned Robots dlc. I really enjoyed the main and side quests so much more.
One of the side quests is a highlight for the whole game it involves a well known bad flim director who needs you to raise money for his next disater flim;
The water dive bomb is the best new feature that gets added once you start the dlc.
New enemy types actually are more fun vs the other dlc and one thing both got right were creative designs for their boss fights at the end of the main quest in both.
I was glad to get a resolution to the Fizco Co. storyline as well
I think this is a a reflection of cut content from the main game as the Rig seems well designed to be played around with much like the amusement park area .
I am fine with the 8 hours i spent in the post dlc but i don't think unless you really enjoy Sunset Overdrive like I did you should buy these after the main game

Last edited:

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say although theyre mostly short, I'm already at 5/52 and I may actually clear some of my backlog this year! :D lol

Lets all be accomplished this year era :) in which ever way you like.

Leventhan

Oct 8, 2018
Reserve

Games Finished:
1. Fire Emblem Awakening 1/2/19; 29 Hours

Currently Playing:
Fire Emblem Fates (Can I count them as 3 separate games?)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
3. Gris
header.jpg

This was a nice and simple platformer, wherein you play as a young woman who appears to have lost her voice and treks through a world seemingly barren and gains abilities over the course of her journey which are required to unlock paths and collect glowing orbs or fireflies in order to further progress to the next area.
Game can be beaten in under 4 hours though getting 100% collectables will take some more time.
Worth getting if you're looking for something simple and light to play.

Oct 25, 2017
2. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - N. Sane Trilogy (5 hours)
I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I see why people are so in love with this series. Don't get me wrong, this is a good game, but it feels unremarkable in just about every way. Maybe it's just because I'm more used to Nintendo-style 3D platformers of the era like Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, but this felt really basic to me. That's not gonna stop me from beating the other two games in the trilogy, though.

Full list to date

Last edited:

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
Completed:
1. Celeste (Switch) | Jan. 3 | 21 hours | 5/5
Amazing story, controls, music, and atmosphere. Difficult but fair and well-balanced. Strong sense of accomplishment as you gradually learn and then conquer a room. Completed main story and got most strawberries. Finished B-sides for chapters 1 through 5 but threw in the towel at the Chapter 6 B-side. May revisit the post game later.
2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) | Jan. 8 | 3 hours | 3.5/5

Playing:

1. Celeste (Switch) | 3rd Jan - 21hrs | 5/5
2. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) | 8th Jan - 3hrs | 3.5/5

Last edited:

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
1. South Park: The Stick of Truth(PC) | Jan 13th - 16hrs | 3/5

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Finished my first game for 2019.
header.jpg

3.5/5
The game is kinda like 2D Zelda. Love the artstyle and story. The addition of animated cutscene is nice too. Unfortunately it felt like the developers ran out of money towards the end because the gameplay and story become less and less instead of expanding ---- less character to control, less puzzles and worst of all an ending that doesn't even contain animated cutscenes that they sprinkled throughout the game. Not to mention some ridiculous difficulty spike in late chapters.
Despite that, I still love the game. The ending is bittersweet which is surprising given the tone of this game in the beginning.

Original post.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
1st game of 2019 Done.
1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PS4) | 5th Jan - 7ishhrs | 4/5
Pretty great game. Showcases VR and definitely made me a believer in 3D platformer in VR. I still prefer Beat Saber but at least I'm not tired after playing Astro Bot.

Currently playing:
Steven Universe: Save the Light (Switch)
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (XB1)
Beat Saber (PS4)

OP
https://www.resetera.com/threads/52-games-1-year-2019.90649/post-16454861

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First game of the year is go.

1. Omensight - 05/01/2019

024dd61493f80448937f8d8a33002e1f46fadea5.jpg

Omensight feels like it came from the PS2, in all the best ways. Combat is simple, weighty and highly satisfying, and button mashers will get creamed if they aren't paying attention. The core of the game, however, is the Majora's Mask style time loop, where each adventure is set on the last day before the end of the world as you relive it, uncovering clues to a murder mystery that brings about the apocalypse. For sure there's repetition to the game but it's strongly woven into the narrative, and every return to a new area brings with it a new party member to battle alongside and secrets to uncover. On top of that, it's one of the few games in recent memory I've experienced where the ending is so satisfying that I can confidently state the game is worth playing just to reach it. Omensight is a testament to the power that indie developers have when let loose beyond the constraints of 2D gameplay.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #4 - Hacknet
Time: 9 hours

What a great surprise this was, from basically something I would never touch to one of my favorite games in years, after it was recomended by a friend. Just a fantastic hacking puzzle game, quite unique gameplay and lots of great flavor text and little stories. Very meaty aswell as the main game took me about 9 hours to finish and that was with lots of guide checking in the last few missions . Still, very recomended and it actually opened me up to the "hacking" genre so now I want to check similar games.

header.jpg

Game #5 - Hacknet Labyrinths
Time: 4 hours

Expansion for Hacknet, it introduces new mechanics and a whole new story with multiple hackers working towards one goal. It feels different enough from the main game and the new mechanics are neat, but I thought it was overall a bit moe frustrating than the main game (or I was just burned out not sure). Still, if you like Hacknet, you cant go wrong with this DLC.

Main Post

Last edited:

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
header.jpg
header.jpg

Game #4 - Hacknet + Labyrinths Expansion

What a great surprise this was, from basically something I would never touch to one of my favorite games in years, after it was recomended by a friend. Just a fantastic hacking puzzle game, quite unique gameplay and lots of great flavor text and little stories. Very meaty aswell as the main game took me about 9 hours to finish and the DLC was about 3-4 hours, and that was with lots of guide checking in the last few missions (the expansion was both much harder I thought but I was also pretty burned out on the game by then to be fair). Still, very recomended and it actually opened me up to the "hacking" genre so now I want to check similar games.

Main Post
I think that you may have just convinced me to promote the game up a long way in my backlog - thanks for the write-up! Is there much similarity to Uplink, if you've ever had any experience with that?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Main Post

Just finished Dragon Age Origins along with the following dlc Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, and Stone Prisoner.

Next up is the Awakening expansion along with the 2 follow up dlc's:
  1. Golems of Angarrak
  2. Witch Hunt
Will also be starting Bound and Into the Breach shortly.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
#1 Return to Castle Wolfenstein - 7.5 PC - Jan 3rd - 6.30 hours
Decent shooter, good level design, atmosphere and fun weapons. Stealth mechanics don't work that well but the game does attempt to mix things up quite often and everything else is good.

#2 Spider-Man - 8.5 - PS4 - Jan 6th - 28 hours
100%. Enjoyed the story very much, great acting. Swinging feels amazing and is endlessly fun. Combat is flashy if a little repetitive but there's a lot of different gadgets/suits to use. Bosses were a bit dissapointing. Biggest criticism is all the side stuff is very generic open world fluff.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
1st game cleared, took me a bit longer than I thought.

headery3dyf.jpg

1) The Messenger (Steam, 17 hours, 4/5)
Pretty neat! A lot of backtracking in the second half, but the game is a lot of fun to play, so I didn't really mind.