• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'll be anywhere close to 52 this year but hey, at least I finally won it in 2018!

1. Pikuniku - [9/10] about 4 hours 30 minutes, Jan 30th
2. Resident Evil 2 - [10/10] about 10 hours, Feb 17th
3. Ape Out - [9/10] 2 hours 15 minutes, March 6th
4. Donkey Kong 64 - [7/10] 24 hours, March 11th
5. Baba is You - [10/10] 10 hours, March 16th
6. Hypnospace Outlaw - [9/10] March 22nd
7. Yoshi's Crafted World - [8/10] April 6th
8. Hitman Season 1 - [10/10] April 10th
9. Hitman 2 - [10/10] April 28th
10. Super Mario 64 Randomized - May 14th
11. Ape Escape 2 - [5/10] May 15th
12. Halo 1 - [10/10] May 26th
13. Banjo-Tooie - [9/10] June 6th
14. Super Mario Maker 2 - [9/10] July 25th
15. Deltarune - [9/10] August 22nd
16. Fire Emblem Three Houses - [10/10] August 31st
17. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - [10/10] September 22nd
18. Untitled Goose Game - [9/10] September 24th
19. Luigi's Mansion 3D - [8/10] October 15th
20. Until Dawn - [8/10] October 25th
21. Thunder in Paradise - October 26th
22. Pokemon Sword - [6/10] November 22nd
23. Donkey Kong Country - December 30th

Last edited:

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Update: January 13th, 2019
Spider-Man-Logo-Article-Full-Banner.jpg
Game 5: Spider-Man (PS4) (17 Hours) (4/5)

God damn this game is fun. Spider-Man is one of the best AAA games in a while, it manages to be fun and beautiful at the same time with an interesting story, great world and AMAZING controls. It's by far the best super-hero game released (personally above the Arkham games for me) and is everything the future of Marvel games should be. Swinging around as Spidey feels beautiful, he's as slick as ever and he actually swings off of things, unlike in previous Spider-Man games where he just swings off the air. The combat is also really fun, while simple it's fluid and just controls really well. The only real flaws for me are forced stealth which happens every now and then but it's incredibly annoying at times (One of Miles' later in the game is pointless imo). The story keeps egging you on and slightly revealing details before eventually everything unravels in the third act, but also manages to hint at future games (that I need now). Spider-Man is my 2018 GOTY. I haven't finished GOW or RDR2 yet but neither have had the same impact Spider Man has. It's so fun and EVERYONE should play it.

Moving on to finishing GOW next and then I'll be getting Tales of Vesperia for my birthday on the 20th! Lot to look forward to

Original Post

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I will give it another go this year. Last year I sucked with ~20 games but this year will be better.

1. Spider-Man - Turf Wars - Finished on 1/9/2019 Time: 5 hours

I really liked the story line of this DLC. You could really feel the frustration and the anger of Yuri and how she is fighting a never ending battle against crime. The tone of the story was great, the gameplay was the same as in the base game which was already very good. The only annoying thing in this DLC was probably Screwball.

2. Spider-Man - Silver Lining - Finished on 1/12/2019 Time: 5 hours

A really good conclusion to the DLC. I liked how they finished all the different story arcs. They introduced new, really tough enemies which made bases a lot more difficult for me.

Coming up: Probably God of War since it won the most awards and I haven't played it yet.

CurrY

Nov 26, 2017
My backloggery

Main Post

#1 Resident Evil 2 One Shot Demo (PC)
sPRkWHJ.jpg

Starting of the year with a demo of all things. The 30 minute time limit is interesting but it got me even more excited for the full game later this month.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
#2: The Station (PC) | 1.6h | Jan 13 | ★★★

Not a great game but good enough for a rainy Sunday afternoon. It looks good and is pretty straight forward in regards to puzzles. The audio logs play an integral part in telling the story and are thankfully easy to find. Speaking of the story: I liked it well enough even though some might argue that it's a bit generic and the twist is kinda obvious. Picking up notes to read them didn't always work as intended, so you had to use your zoom.

It's definitely not worth the full 15€ but if you enjoy space and sci-fi stuff and see it on sale for <5€, go for it.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Original Post

1) Spiderman - PS4 - 1/13

Fantastic game with satisfying combat and some of the most fun traversal I've ever played. I'll definitely 100% this before moving on to other games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, you do you, but demos? really? Anyway :p

header.jpg

Game # 10 - Inside
Time: 3.5 hours

Playdead's Limbo "sequel" of sorts is just as, if not better than their first game, with even more striking visuals (my god this game is gorgeous), a weirder and arguably more interesting premise in a dystopian future, and the same platform puzzle solving gameplay Limbo was known for. I got stumped in a few puzzles (most of the time because of how dark the game is and I just missed whatever key thing I had to press) but overall its not a particularly hard game, nor is it very long, much like Limbo you can finish it in about 3-4 hours, which is a good thing because it doesnt overstay its welcome. It also...goes places near the end, and the whole ending sequence is a particular favorite of mine in recent memory. Just a great game all around, and very much worth experiencing.

Main Post

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This might be a year of RPGs for me. I just got into isometric RPGs, so I hope I hit 52 again

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Post
First Update

January

1. Pillars of Eternity (PC) | January - 50 hours | 9/10
I think I can thank this game for getting me into isometrics RPGs. Loved it, didn't do everything, but enjoyed everything I did get to
2. Tyranny (PC) | January - 20 hours | 7/10
Not as good as Pillars, and def not as long, but it was enjoyable
3. Yakuza 6 (PS4)| January - 40 hours | 7/10
I'm conflicted, it's good, but I miss some of the mechanics for the recent releases (0 and the Kiwamis)

February

4. Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4) | February - 51 hours | 9/10
Waited so long for it. Story was weird but I loved the gameplay

March

5. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (PC) | March - 50 hours | 7/10
I actually preferred Tyranny and Pillars 1 over the sequel
6. The Low Road (PC) | March - 4 hours | 5/10
Quirky, but I had several bugs show up that kept me from enjoying it
7. What Never Was (PC) | March - 14 minutes | 1/10
I don't know what to say, it's boring
8. Devil May Cry 5 (PS4) | March - 15 hours | 7/10
I enjoyed the combat, but I didn't go any harder on it yet, so I've only scratched the surface
9. NieR:Automata (PS4) | March - 40 hours | 10/10
I shouldn't have waited on this game for so long, it's so good
10. Ape Out (Switch) | March - 2.5 hours | 7/10
Love the style and it's just challenging enough to make me want to play it again

April

11. Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered (PS4) | April - 20 hours | 5/10
Still my least favorite Assassin's Creed, but I think I like the protagonist more now than when I first played it
12. Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch) | April - 12 hours | 7/10
A feel good game, super easy but I enjoyed it for what it was

May

13. Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4) | May - 8 hours | 6/10
I think I got all the paths, though it felt very repetitive after a few
14. Moonlighter (PS4) | May - 15 hours | 7/10
Really enjoyable and easy management and dungeon crawler
15. A Hat in Time (PC) | May - 10 hours | 8/10
Beat it before, but I wanted to check out the new DLC, still a fun game
16. Ace Attorney (Switch) | May - 20 hours | 6/10
First Ace Attorney game, it was interesting, but I'm not excited to play the next two

June

17. Tokyo Xanadu ex+ (PS4) | June - 40 hours | 7/10
I thought it'd be a boring game, and while the combat wasn't anything to write home to, I enjoyed the story and the characters
18. Guacamelee! 2 (PS4) | June - 10 hours | 7/10
Felt a lot easier than the original, and not as interesting (except the chicken parts)

July

19. Judgment (PS4) | July - 37 hours | 8/10
Good game, mainly because I love the Yakuza games. I miss the side quest format of Yakuza though
20. The Haunted Island, A Frog Detective Game (PC) | July - 31 minutes | 8/10
Uhh...interesting, in a good way I guess
21. Sea of Solitude (PS4) | July - 4 hours | 5/10
Great to look at, but I found it boring
22. Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Fate of Atlantis (PS4) | July - 28 hours | 8/10
Rough estimate of all the DLC, because it felt like a secondary game on top of the main one

August

23. Trails of Cold Steel (PS4) | August - 48 hours | 8/10
Was great up until the ending, then I felt like I was missing context
24. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) | August - 47 hours | 8/10
One playthrough, Claude forever
25. Firewatch (PS4) | August - 3 hours | 9/10
Beat it before, but I went through it with the commentary, which gave really interesting context and BTS stuff
26. Deer Man (PC) | August - 15 minutes | 1/10
Weird and boring
27. Rumu (PC) | August - 2 hours | 7/10
I expected a puzzler, stayed for the story
28. Jazzpunk (PC) | August - 2 hours | 5/10
I didn't do any side stuff, for some reason it didn't click with me
29. Control (PS4) | August - 15 hours | 9/10
I loved it, and will be coming back to it to clean up side quest stuff soon

September

30. Astral Chain (Switch) | September - 21 hours | 7/10
I kind of liked the game, but not as much as I was hoping to. Nothing felt amazing, but I might just not have been as good with the combat
31. FAR: Lone Sails (Switch) | September - 2 hours | 8/10
Love this game, double dipped on it to support the dev
32. A Short Hike (PC) | September - 1 hour | 7/10
Short and sweet, gave me a bit of a Night in the Woods vibe when talking to the other charatcers
33. Greedfall (PS4) | September - 32 hours | 8/10
Combat can be a bit repetitive, zones look very similar, and cities are a bit sparse, yet I really like the game. Fun RPG, interesting setting
34. Assemble With Care (iOS) | September - 1 hour | 6/10
Decided to jump into some Apple Arcade, this was enjoyable for what it was, though very easy to figure out what to do
35. Sayonara Wild Hearts (iOS) | September - 1 hour | 7/10
My enjoyment of this game was hampered by the fact that I played it with touch controls on an iPad
36. Untitle Goose Game (Switch) | September - 2.5 hours | 9/10
Really fun, much shorter than I thought it'd be. None of the puzzles were all that difficult, just really fun to mess with people

October

37. Storyseeker (PC) | October - 1 hour | 1/10
I didn't like this. I kinda got lost figuring out what to do and finally got it after a bit.
38. Concrete Genie (PS4) | October - 8 hours | 7/10
Good game, fun to draw on stuff. The game doesn't really do alot with any other mechanic though (stealth is nothing, end game is completely different and short)
39. Where the Goats Are (PC) | October - 45 minutes | 5/10
Depressing, like really depressing
40. Indivisible (PS4) | October - 30 hours | 8/10
Got the Plat, I enjoyed the game, but my god the backtracking is wayyyy too much
41. Mandagon (PC) | October - 30 minutes | 5/10
Weird, free game. I didn't understand the story of it, still...looks nice
42. Little Misfortune (PC) | October - 3 hours | 4/10
I thought it was enjoyable for the first hour, then pretty grating.
43. The Outer Worlds (PS4) | October - 28 hours | 7/10
I def liked this more than Fallout 76, and more than Fallout 4. It was way shorter than I thought it'd be

November

44. The Get Out Kids (iOS) | November - 1 hour | 4/10
Game on Apple Arcade. Easy "puzzles", ending was...unexpected
45. Pilgrims (iOS) | November - 1 hour | 5/10
Another Apple Arcade game. I didn't go for all combinations, but a good amount. I thought it'd be more of a head-scratcher
46. Fibrillation HD (PC) | November - 1 hour | 1/10
backlogged game. Did not enjoy it at all
47. Pokemon Sword (Switch) | November - 25 hours | 7/10
I understand the backlash, but I enjoyed the game for what it was. I thought many of the new Pokemon looked pretty good
48. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4) | November - 21 hours | 8/10
I really enjoyed it. The combat felt good, and the story was good (not KOTOR good, but above movie tier)
49. Old Man's Journey (PC) | November - 1 hour | 5/10
Really easy "puzzles", nothing to write home about
50. AER Memories of Old (PC) | November - 2 hours | 5/10
Kinda boring, glad I got it on sale
51. Draugen (PC) | November - 3 hours | 7/10
Pretty interesting walking simulator, just wish it went a bit deeper, maybe more into horror

December

52. Outer Wilds (PS4) | December - 17 hours | 10/10
great game to finish the year off with. For sure will be in my top games of the year.

Last edited:

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I beat 13 games in 2018, which is 2 less than 2017. Let's see if I beat more in 2019!

20/52

1. Florence

I beat the iOS (iPhone X) version of this game on January 3, 2019.

2. Road Redemption
I beat the PC version of this game on co-op with my brother-in-law on January 19, 2019.

3. Titanfall 2
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on February 3, 2019.

4. Apex Legends
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on April 17, 2019. (Level 100, won with all 9 Legends, got all achievements)

5. World War Z
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game with my wife on April 25, 2019, beginning with Hard Mode, then Normal, then Easy. So we beat the whole thing three times.

6. Red Dead Redemption 2
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on May 14, 2019. Might be my most favorite game of all time.

7. Manual Samuel
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on co-op with my wife on May 30, 2019.

8. Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda
I beat the Nintendo Switch version of this game on co-op with my wife on June 16, 2019. Time: 7:09:36. Total Steps: 67,753

9. Mortal Kombat X
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on June 21, 2019.

10. Mortal Kombat 11
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on June 23, 2019.

11. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
I beat the PlayStation 4 Pro version of this game on July 8, 2019.

12. Gears of War: Judgment
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on August 31, 2019.

13. Gears of War 4
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on co-op with my wife on September 3, 2019. I was JD.

14. Gears 5
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on co-op with my wife on September 15, 2019. She was Kait!

15. Moondust: Knuckles Tech Demos
I beat the PC VR version of this game using an HTC Vive and Valve Index Controllers on September 22, 2019.

16. Aperture Hand Lab
I beat the PC VR version of this game using an HTC Vive and Valve Index Controllers on September 24, 2019. I got both endings.

17. SUPERHOT
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on September 25, 2019.

18. Injustice 2 - Legendary Edition
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on September 25, 2019.

19. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
I beat the Xbox One X version of this game on co-op with my wife on September 26, 2019.

20. Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son
I beat the PC VR version of this game using an HTC Vive on October 9, 2019. It is the first Steam game where I got all the achievements. You can watch my full playthrough here.

1. Florence (iOS) | 3rd Jan - 1hrs | 5/5
2. Road Redemption (PC) | 19th Jan
3. Titanfall 2 (Xbox One X) | 3rd Feb
4. Apex Legends (Xbox One X) | 17th Apr
5. World War Z (Xbox One X) | 25th Apr
6. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One X) | 14th May
7. Manual Samuel (Xbox One X) | 30th May
8. Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo Switch) | 16th June - 7hrs
9. Mortal Kombat X | 21st Jun
10. Mortal Kombat 11 | 23rd Jun
11. Injustice: Gods Among Us | 8th Jul
12. Gears of War: Judgment | 31st Aug
13. Gears of War 4 | 3rd Sep
14. Gears 5 | 15th Sep
15. Moondust: Knuckles Tech Demos | 22nd Sep
16. Aperture Hand Lab | 24th Sep
17. SUPERHOT | 25th Sep
18. Injustice 2 | 25th Sep
19. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition | 26th Sep
20. Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son | 9th Oct

Previous Years

Last edited:

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
OG Post

Game #2 - Resident Evil Zero
Platform: PS4 Pro
Time: 9 hours
Rating: ★★★

An interesting experiment that doesn't reach the heights of previous outings. Capcom attempts to make the most hardcore title in Resident Evil history but ends being a long to complete. Puzzles are barebones, and the annoying AI partner mechanic makes from annoying moments. A definite step down in quality when compared the groundbreaking Remake. Sigh expected so much more.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
January 13th Update

Main Post

Okay, so I'm going to try and post a little update roughly every 2 weeks to keep myself on target, I hope everyone has being making decent progress.

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) 5/1/2019 (Platinum Trophy)

This was a Christmas present for me so slightly LTTP. For me personally this is the best Superhero game I've ever played, and it's on a par with God of War as the 2nd best game of last year. It's just so fun to play! And visually it really surprised me too. Can't wait to see what they do in the future with the franchise as they've got an amazing base to build from now.

Verdict: 9/10

Marvel's Spider-Man CTNS DLC (PS4) 8/1/2019 (100%)

Coming straight off the back of the main game, the 3 DLC's simply don't return to same heights. Enjoyable enough but Screwball is a character I could have really done without. Worth a playthrough for anyone that really enjoyed the game.

Verdict: 7/10

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Xbox One) 10/1/2019 (100%)

I think that as long as you go into Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice with the right mindset, you can appreciate it for what it is. Whilst it is very linear, it is definitely an experience. Great visuals on the Xbox One X, brilliant Audio, and a fascinating story held back by its gameplay limitations. I was going to give this a 6/10, but the final chapter/ending literally gave me shivers down my spine so I would recommend sticking with it.

The Order: 1886 (PS4) 13/1/2019 (Platinum Trophy)

Similarly to Hellblade, The Order can be appreciated for what it is, which is essentially an interactive movie with some small chunks of gameplay. Im blown away that these visuals are nearly 4 years old, and as a result definitely worth a play through that won't be too time consuming.

Up Next:

Sticking with the rule of completing a variety of games across both my PS4 & Xbox One i've just started Shadow of the Colossus (PS4), and will be starting Metro 2033 Redux (Xbox One). Shadow of the Colossus I have never played before, so really looking forward to this and I do know what to expect as I have seen bits online before. Metro 2033 I tried to start a couple
of times but just haven't stuck with, and with Exodus coming out soon I thought now would be as good a time as any. As usual going for the Platinum/100% in both of these so I'll probably be tied up for a couple of weeks now but I'm way ahead of schedule!

Last edited:

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
1st. Red Dead Redemption (X360) Jan. 26th
latest

After years and years of playing this game on and off between two consoles, I was able to finally complete it. Let me state outright that I love this game but just had constant issues with my PS3 and my original 360. John is still a loveable goof who finds himself in all kinds of situations, helping people from a handful of different backgrounds. The aiming is solid but the guns lack a punch and you can find yourself unloading a lot of shells in a guy only for him to limp back up. combat, while mounted on your horse, feels next to impossible without me relying on "Deadeye". The different outfits are fun but also very troublesome to acquire, still, I at least collected half of the available outfits. Western is one of my favorite genres and I feel that this was/is one of the best to ever do it.

2nd. Enslaved: Odyssey West (PC) Dec. 1st

3rd. Masquerada: Songs and Shadows (PC) Dec. 30th
One of the best RPG's I played in recent years. A wonderfully engaging world and a mature story weaving politics, class, and history all in one. Highly recommended if you want to get into PC Role Playing Games but are used to the JRPG straightforward plot leaving out player choices. Sad that I missed one Codex entry for the last achievement though.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Enslaved: Odyssey West 9hours
3. Masquerada: Songs and Shadows 19hours

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Goal
Complete as many games as I can within the year and catch up in MMO content.

Why?
I got too many damn games.

Stats
24/52 Complete
Days left: 144
Average days per game left: 5.14 days

What are you doing to help obtain your goal?
I have way too many games, and have a really bad time trying to get through them. To try and help out with getting through these, I'm also running a personal challenge of streaming 1,000 hours. Will I have any luck with either? Maybe! But, we'll see. I seem to be more focused when I stream.

Currently playing
God Eater 3, Dark Souls 3, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Kingdom Hearts: RE Chain of Memories, West of Loathing, Chcobo Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy, The Missing, Baba is You, Sekiro, Borderlands GOTY, The Witcher

Other things to note
I'm working on a spreadsheet in Google Sheets to go over what games I've played and everything I want to play. This will expand well past the year that these 52 games will be completed in.

1st. Monolith (Steam)
1/11/19 | Rating 4.5/5 | TTC 2.5 hours (true ending 12 hours)
header.jpg

I saw this on Dunkeys game of the year list. $8? I'll give it a try! It's very much a one more run kind of game like Binding of Isaac is. I had a lot of fun. I did go back and get the secret boss. It took lots and lots of attempts, but man was it worth it. This is probably going to become my Binding of Isaac whenever I want to run through a game.

2nd. Onimusha: Warlords (PS4)
1/19/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 3.5 hours
header.jpg

I had no idea what I was in for going into this as I was not at all familiar with the Onimusha series when this was announced. Completely forgot about it when it came out, but saw it sitting on a shelf at GameStop. Nabbed myself a copy. It's basically Resident Evil except instead of zombies you got demons and you've got some magic swords and shit. Pretty cool, albeit a bit short. May have me go check out the other games, though!

3rd. Universal Paperclips (PC)
1/23/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC: 12 hours.
h4x69ZY.png

I'm an absolute sucker for idle games and saw this while I was reading up on some Cookie Clicker stuff. This game is a bit different through. About half way through, it becomes less of an idle game and more of a minimalist management sim about... taking over the universe with paperclips. Charming little thing.

4th. Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
2/1/19 | Rating 4.5/5 | TTC 5.5 hours
header.jpg

I've had this game in my library for a long, long time. Close to the release of the original version. Heard that this game should be played in ranger mode and holy shit. Everyone who said so was right. I had tried to play through the game on normal before but it never hooked me, but the simple fact of making things more difficult and turning off the UI made this one hell of an experience. Now one of my favorite games.

5th. Bayonetta 2 (Switch)
2/18/19 | Rating 5/5 | TTC 7 hours
0r5ZQbG.jpg

Yeah this game is fucking perfect holy shit. 7 hours of Platinum showing off their talent. It was 200% enjoyable and easily one of the best games I've ever played.

6th. Devotion (PC)
2/19/19 | Rating 5/5 | TTC 3 hours
header.jpg

Devotion is the second game by Red Candle Games and is an absolutely superb experience just like it's predecessor, Detention which I finally got around to playing last year. An incredibly personal story about a fathers religious belief and a torn relationship in the home over a sick child. It's $17 which may seem a bit much for the price tag, but the content inside is truly superb.

7th. Devil May Cry (PS4)
3/3/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC 3.5 hours
header.jpg

This one is pretty alright. Gets you accustomed to the signature stylish character Dante, but really feels like a combat extension of Onimusha, which is a bit weird. Good bit of fun, but not great.

8th. Devil May Cry 2 (PS4)
3/5/19 | Rating 1.5/5 | TTC 5.5 hours
header.jpg

Fuck this game.

9th. Devil May Cry 3 (PS4)
3/7/19 | Rating 4.5/5 | TTC 8.5 hours
header.jpg

This is where DMC really got good. This is where Itsuno really nailed down who Dante is and the tone of these games and is a great prequel to everything else that's gonna happen. I'd say skip 1 and 2 and start here.

10th. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (PC)
3/9/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 8 hours
header.jpg

Overall, just about as good as 3 with a little less style and a couple of annoying moment, but overall still pretty decent. Nero has a really fun moveset, but I don't feel like it was expanded upon enough.

11th Devil May Cry 5 (PC)
3/10/19 | Rating 4.5/5 | TTC 13 hours
header.jpg

Probably my favorite in the series. This game is dope as fuck, and seeing a high budget game like this in 2019 makes me really happy. I've now beat all of the Devil May Cry games and I'm glad I decided to take the plunge.

12th. Hypnospace Outlaw (PC)
3/13/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 6 hours
header.jpg

It's a puzzle game that's played on a fake combination of AOL and Geocities pages. Will have to replay this one because there was a lot I missed and I want to see everything this game has to offer.

13th. Halo: Combat Evolved (One X)
4/9/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC 6 hours
cQW8nPQ.jpg

After probably a couple years of trying to get through this game with a buddy, we finally did it. Finally sat down and just beat the game. It's alright. Level design wise it's not great, but I still had fun with it. Started playing Halo 2 and it's already a much better game.

14th. Halo 2 (One X)
4/11/19 | Rating 3/5 | TTC 4-5 hours

header.jpg

I don't understand why people like this game so much. It was fine but. Eeeeh?

15th. Katana Zero (Switch)
4/20/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 4 hours

header.jpg

Looked kinda neat and I wanted something to play over the weekend. I got through it over a couple of sitting but holy fuck. When's the sequel? This was a ton of fun. Great style, gameplay and a story that actually had me interested.

16th. Borderlands GOTY Edition (PC)
4/21/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC 22 hours
header.jpg

Played everything outside of Underdome, partially just cause it sucked and it didn't seem to really have an impact on the story at all. Overall though, I enjoyed this game far more than I ever did with Borderlands 2. Ran into a couple technical issues along the way, but I had fun. I might go through for a second run at some point, especially if they fix the online on PC and make it... not a lag fest.

17th. Golf Peaks (Switch)
4/23/19 | Rating 2.5/5 | TTC 4 hours

header.jpg

A perfectly OK port of a mobile puzzle game. Some of the puzzles felt like they were more trial and error rather than being able to figure it out before taking the first move, but it was fine. Most fiine.

18th. Halo 3 (One X)
4/26/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC 4-5 hours
header.jpg

I don't really get the hype behind this series, but I still had fun blasting through it with a buddy. Probably the most fun I've had with the series so far.

19th. Rage 2 (PC)
5/26/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC 30 hours
header.jpg

Is ok.

20th. Shakedown Hawaii (Switch)
5/27/19 | Rating 2.5/5 | TTC 6 hours

header.jpg

Eeeh

21st. The Norwood Suite (PC)
5/31/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 2 hours

header.jpg

I can't really say much, but what an interesting little game.

22nd. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch)
6/17/19 | Rating 3.5/5 | TTC 12 hours (unsure of accuracy)
oAUJMvu.png

If you like either of the games this is based off of, then I'm sure you'll have a good time with them. I quite like both games, but I was a little disappointed by the dungeons in this title (lack of real puzzle solving) and the perceived length of the game. Still pretty fun though and suggest giving it a shot. Music is jammin'.

23rd. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PC)
8/4/19 | Rating 5/5 | TTC A lot
header.jpg

MMOS DO NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS FOLKS.

24th. Sonic Generations (PC)
8/10/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 3 Hours

header.jpg

Yeah it was pretty good hey Sega just do this again.

25th. Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight (Switch)
11/25/19 | Rating 4/5 | TTC 4 Hours

header.jpg

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Weekly update 2!

Just two games this week. Managed to spend 20+ hours in a pretty much endless game in active development and a bunch of hours failing to get through a roguelite. Also spent some time streaming a game I didn't manage to beat this week since I couldn't stream as much as I wanted to. Looking forward to some progress on that last thing next week. Not looking forward to switching out my whole PC...

CdhQrIs.png

4. TSIOQUE (PC) | 7th Jan - 3hrs | 5/5
I have no words for how great this game is, none that can do it justice. It has fun and (relatively) logical puzzles, an adorable protagonist and an intriguing story. It looks stunning and sounds good too. Failing is no problem, it just plops you right back where you were so that you can try again instantly. No frustration to be found here. A great experience from start to end. Highly recommended.​

nlFy7hL.png

5. Goat Simulator: GOATY (PC) | 13th Jan - 31hrs | 4/5
I don't know how many times I have 100%-ed this game. They just kept adding more, and I kept coming back to get those achievements. Why? Because I love this game. I really do. It's just so silly. For some reason I stopped playing three years ago and that meant I hadn't played Payday or Waste of Space! We can't have that! Payday is all about "pranks" and being a mean little shit to everyone! The missions were generally fun and I loved the four different characters and their special "powers". Enjoyable achievements too! The last expansion, Waste of Space, is huge! As a fan of sci-fi this one was a real treat with all the funny references. Maybe not beating MMO as the best expansion but it definitely gets close. Overall a very enjoyable experience, as usual.​

Master Post!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018
Reserving a post.

1. SimCity 4 (PC) | 8th Jan - 12hrs | 3.5/5 So addicting
2. Hollow Knight (NSW) | 9th Jan - 30hrs | 5/5 Incredible
3. Spider-Man (PS4) | 18th Jan - 20hrs | 4/5 Greater than the sun of its parts.
4. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) | 26th Jan 12hrs | 4/5 Feat of minimalist 3D game design, but controls bring it down. Lovely game though.
5. SimCity 2013 (PC) | 30th Jan - 7hrs | 2.5/5 Gorgeous but limited
6. Cities: Skylines (PC) | 4th Feb - 70hrs | 3.5/5 Addicting, but UI needs work
7. Dark Souls 3 (PS4) | April - 40hrs | 4/5 Fantastic
8. Gears of War Ultimate Edition (XB1) | 15th June - 9 hours | 2.5/5 An odd time capsule

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Finished my first two games of 2019 today!

1. Spyro the Dragon Reignited (PS4) - 20 hours. Dec 22-Jan 13.
A really strong remake even if some the brick wall collectathons are a bit annoying. I used video walkthroughs to pick up the extra eggs as otherwise it would've been a huge chore. Core game is great fun though. 8/10

2. Bury Me, My Love (PC) - 2.5 hours. Jan 14.
A simple but effective character-driven text-based game. Not bad for a mere £3.99. 7/10

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
This might have been asked already, but do playthrough of games I've already completed in the past count?
It's not a competition so you can do whatever you want really, as long as you actually finish the games. :)
People come up with their own rules. I personally never count replays of the same game in the same year, but I usually count things I replay, for achievements for example, if it's not during the same year as last time I played it. One year I only counted games I had never finished before tho and another year I couldn't count games I bought during that year, to encourage myself to only play things from the backlog.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
header.jpg

2/5
This is sequel to Orwell Keeping an Eye on You, one of my biggest surprise last year. And....it's abit disappointing. They introduce alot of new mechanic, but at the same time they also make them frustrating. I keep trying to figure out what did wrong instead of choosing which path to take (which was the point of the first game), and the addition of a "time limit" of sort feels superficial at most. Story and setting also seems alot smaller in scope compared to the first one too with a boring ending. If you like the first one, wait for a deeper discount for this.

Original post.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
..::|[INDEX]|::..

01. Iconoclasts (PS4, 2019/01/13, 13h32m)
02. Space Pirate Trainer (Steam VR WMR, 2019/01/27, 7.5 hrs)
03. Grim Fandango Remastered (Steam, 2019/02/01, 10.2 hrs)
04. The Red Stare (Steam VR WMR, 2019/02/10, 3.7 hrs)

05. TOGETHER VR (Steam VR WMR, 2019/02/10, 1.3 hrs)
06. God of War (PS4, 2019/02/23, ~30 hrs)
07. Devil Engine (Steam, 2019/03/03, 4.7 hrs)
08. ALLTYNEX Second (Steam, 2019/03/17, 2.7 hrs)

09. Thimbleweed Park (Steam, 2019/03/22, 14 hrs)
10. BYTEPATH (Steam, 2019/03/25, 3 hrs)
11. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4, 2019/03/26, ~6 hrs)
12. Sunset Overdrive (Steam, 2019/04/12, 24 hrs)

13. Redout (Steam / Steam VR WMR, 2019/04/21, 21 hrs)
14. Fight'N Rage (Steam, 2019/04/22, 7.9 hrs)
15. Thumper (Steam VR WMR, 2019/04/28, 7.3 hrs)
16. Tetris Effect (PS4, 2019/05/01, 3-6 hrs)

17. Observer (Steam, 2019/05/03, 7.5 hrs)
18. Downwell (PS4, 2019/05/06, 2 hrs)
19. Sonic Mania (Steam, 2019/05/18, 9.7 hrs)
20. Slipstream (Steam, 2019/05/18, 1 hrs)

21. Mars: Chaos Menace (Steam, 2019/05/22, 4.9 hrs)
22. Holedown (Android, , 2019/05/26, 4 hrs)
23. Firewatch (Steam, 2019/05/27, 5.6 hrs)
24. STRAFE: Millennium Edition (Steam, 2019/06/01, 10.5 hrs)

25. Sigil [Ultimate DOOM+ZDoom+SIGIL Megawad] (Steam, 2019/06/10, 1h37m50s)
26. Rocketbirds 2 Evolution (PS4, 2019/06/12, 6 hrs)
27. Graceful Explosion Machine (Steam, 2019/06/14, 7.5 hrs)
28. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4, 2019/06/21, 1.5x DS4 charges)

29. Muse Dash (Steam, 2019/07/05, 6.1 hrs)
30. Part Time UFO (Android, 2019/07/10, 5-6 hrs)
31. Switch 'N' Shoot (Steam, 2019/07/20, 5.3 hrs)
32. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Steam, 2019/08/04, 7.6 hrs)

33. Spider-Man: Far From Home Virtual Reality (Steam VR WMR, 2019/08/10, 1 hrs)
34. Hellsinker (Steam, 2019/08/18, 46 hrs)
35. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Steam, 2019/09/13, 90 hrs)
36. Horizon Chase Turbo (PS4, 2019/09/22, 2/3 of a DS4 charge)

37. OVIVO (Steam, 2019/09/28, 3 hrs)
38. Q-YO Blaster (Steam, 2019/10/02, 1 hrs)
39. Mini Metro (Steam, 2019/10/09, 9.5 hrs)
40. Outlast Whistleblower DLC (Steam, 2019/10/19, 3.0 hrs)

41. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4, 2019/11/01, 4-5 DS4 charges)
42. TouHou Makuka Sai ~ Fantastic Danmaku Festival (Steam, 2019/11/01, 1.1 hrs first clear, 9.9 hrs 1CC on all 4 chara)
43. TouHou Makuka Sai ~ Fantastic Danmaku Festival Part II (Steam, 2019/11/12, 0.9 hrs)
44. Resident Evil Revelations (Steam, 2019/11/15, 10.7 hrs)
45. Himno (Steam, 2019/11/24, 1.5 hrs)
46. TouHou Fantasia (Steam, 2019/11/24, 0.3 hrs)
47. Last Resort Island (Steam, 2019/11/21, 12.1 hrs)
48. Xmas Shooting - Scramble!! (Steam, 2019/11/25, 1.1 hrs)
49. RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 (Steam, 2019/12/31, Leon, 10.6 hrs)
50. PuLiRuLa (Arcade, 2019/12/31, 29 mins)
51. Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade, 2019/12/31, 49 mins)
52. Final Fight (Arcade, 2019/12/31, 41 mins)

### TRANSMISSION TERMINATED ###

Last edited:

Madjaba

Banned
May 16, 2018
Reserved !

First time here, very interested to try this challenge as I want to improve my gaming time instead of just playing whatever comes.
A nice reason to discover indie gaming too !

Games finished in 2019 :

dragon-quest-xi-rumeur_20160606_110645_intro.jpg

1 - Dragon Quest XI on PS4 in approx 64 hours // ★ ★ ★ \\
The game is good but can sometimes be a drag as it requires multiple back and forth between several locations, sometimes cheesy dialogue and a post game ending that was a bit frustrating.
Good time but it was a bit too long...

1_metal_slug_xx_online.jpg

2 - Metal Slug XX on X1X via Gamepass in 36 minutes and 54 seconds // ★ ★ \\
Wanted to play it for a quick fix of fast paced shooter but was not a real fan of this. Same old formula, not much of a change so it was good but I won't replay it unless I need my nostalgic shot.

Last edited:

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Never done this before, but I might have time to finish a large amount of games this year!

Games 1-5:
1. Wario's Woods __________ 36:19 hours | Rating: 5/5
2. Guacamelee ____________ 06:24 hours | Rating: 2.5/5
3. Super Mario Bros. _______ 00:15 hours | Rating: 3/5
4. Iconoclasts _______________13:40 hours | Rating: 4.5/5
5. The Messenger ___________10:59 hours | Rating: 3/5

Games 6-10:
6. New Super Mario Bros. U __ 25hrs | rating: 4.5/5
7. Tetris 99 __________________15:14hrs | rating: 3/5
8. Pikuniku __________________ 3:15hrs | rating: 3.5/5
9. DeltaRune Chapter 1 ______ 2:45hrs | rating: 1.5/5
10. Super Luigi U ____________ 12hrs | rating: 4/5

Games 11-15:
11. Super Mario Bros 2 ________2:06hrs | rating: 3.5/5
12. Baba is You _______________6:45hrs | rating: 3/5
13. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom _13:33hrs | rating: 1.5/5
14. Duck Game _______________35:00hrs | rating: 3.5/5
15. Overcooked _______________11:00hrs | rating: 3.5/5

Games 16-20:
16. Box Boy + Box Girl | Sep 5 | 12:00hrs | rating: 2.5/5
17. Mario Maker 2 | Sep 18 | 90:00hrs | rating: 3/5
18. Yoshi's Island | Sep 19 | 7:51hrs | rating: 4/5
19. Super Mario World | Sep 20 | 3:45hrs | rating: 5/5
20. Celeste DLC: Farewell | Sep 24 | 12:01hrs | rating: 4/5

Games 21-25:
21. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | Sep 29 | 19:00hrs | rating: 3.5/5
22. Captain Toad | Oct 6 | 11:00hrs | rating: 2.5/5
23. Fire Emblem: Three Houses | Oct 11 | 62:30hrs | rating: 3/5
24. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair | Oct 16 | 14:07hrs | rating: 4/5
25. Gato Roboto | Oct 18 | 2:33hrs | rating: 2/5

Games 26-30:
26. Super Metroid | Oct 25 | 7:48hrs | rating: 2.5/5
27. Steamworld Heist | Oct 31 | 9:32hrs | rating: 2/5
28. Gorogoa | Nov 1 | 1:40hrs | rating: 3.5/5
29. Golf Peaks | Nov 9 | 4:20hrs | rating: 3/5
30. Luigi's Mansion 3 | Nov 20 | 18:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5

Games 31-35:
31. Katana Zero | Nov 21 | 4:10hrs | rating: 3/5
32. New Super Lucky's Tale | Nov 29 | 8:40hrs | rating: 3/5
33. Toki Tori 2+ | Dec 5 | 5:05hrs | rating: 1.5/5
34. Katamari Damacy Reroll | Dec 6 | 4:55hrs | rating: 4.5/5
35. Spyro (Reignited Trilogy) | Dec 10 | 6:41hrs | rating: 3/5

Games 36-40:
36. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (Reignited Trilogy) | Dec 13 | 7:08hrs | rating: 2.5/5
37. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (Reignited Trilogy) | Dec 16 | 6:29hrs | rating: 2/5
38. The Touryst | Dec 28 | 5:35hrs | rating: 2.5/5
39. Kirby's Dream Course | Dec 29 | 3:37hrs | rating: 2.5/5
40. Shovel Knight: King of Cards | Dec 30 | 6:19hrs | rating: 3/5

1. Wario's Woods | 14th Jan - 36.19hrs | 5/5
2. Guacamelee | 15th Jan - 6.24hrs | 2/5
3. Super Mario Bros. | 17th Jan - 0.15hrs | 3/5
4. Iconoclasts | 20th Jan - 13.40hrs | 5/5
5. The Messenger | 24th Jan - 10.59hrs | 3/5
6. New Super Mario Bros. U | 5th Feb - 25hrs | 5/5
7. Tetris 99 | 23rd Feb - 15.14hrs | 3/5
8. Pikuniku | 6th Feb - 3.15hrs | 3/5
9. DeltaRune Chapter 1 | 4th Mar - 2.45hrs | 1/5
10. Super Luigi U | 5th Mar - 12hrs | 4/5
11. Super Mario Bros. 2 | 14th Mar - 2.06hrs | 4/5
12. Baba is You | 25th Mar - 6.45hrs | 3/5
13. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom | 4th Apr - 13.33hrs | 1/5
14. Duck Game | 24th May - 35hrs | 4/5
15. Overcooked | 10th Sep - 11hrs | 3/5
16. Box Boy + Box Girl | 5th Sep - 12hrs | 2/5
17. Mario Maker 2 | 18th Sep - 105hrs | 3/5
18. Yoshi's Island | 19th Sep - 7.51hrs | 4/5
19. Super Mario World | 20th Sep - 3.45hrs | 5/5
20. Celeste DLC: Farewell | 24th Sep - 12.01hrs | 4/5
21. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | 29th Sep - 19hrs | 3/5
22. Captain Toad | 6th Oct - 11hrs | 2/5
23. Fire Emblem: Three Houses | 11th Oct - 62.30hrs | 3/5
24. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair | 16th Oct - 14.07hrs | 4/5
25. Gato Roboto | 18th Oct - 2.33hrs | 2/5
26. Super Metroid | 25th Oct - 7.48hrs | 2/5
27. Steamworld Heist | 31st Oct - 9.32hrs | 2/5
28. Gorogoa | 1st Nov - 1.40hrs | 3/5
29. Golf Peaks | 9th Nov - 4.20hrs | 3/5
30. Luigi's Mansion 3 | 20th Nov - 18.30hrs | 3/5
31. Katana Zero | 21st Nov - 4.10hrs | 3/5
32. New Super Lucky's Tale | 29th Nov - 8.40hrs | 3/5
33. Toki Tori 2+ | 5th Dec - 5.05hrs | 1/5
34. Katamari Damacy Reroll | 6th Dec - 4.55hrs | 5/5
35. Spyro the Dragon | 10th Dec - 6.41hrs | 3/5
36. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage | 13th Dec - 7.08hrs | 3/5
37. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon | 16th Dec - 6.29hrs | 2/5
38. The Touryst | 28th Dec - 5.35hrs | 2/5
39. Kirby's Dream Course | 29th Dec - 3.37hrs | 3/5
40. Shovel Knight: King of Cards | 30th Dec - 6.19hrs | 3/5

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Main Post

1. Marvel's Spider-Man
Completed 1/11/19
Score - 9/10

This game was fantastic. I ended up 100% the game...outside of the suits. I might rely on the DLC to get enough challenge tokens to buy the remaining suits. I really enjoyed everything in the game but it was the ending that really hit it all home for me. I loved it and can't wait for the sequel. Planning on getting the DLC soon.

Marvel%E2%80%99s-SpiderMan-PS4-Bosses-Guide.jpg

2. Sonic & Knuckles
Completed 1/13/19
Score - 9/10

Such an improvement over Sonic 3. I loved the music and challenge of this one way more than Sonic 3. It's strange because they were made to be one game but I feel like everything works better in this one than the other. My least favorite zone was Sandopolis yet it featured my favorite music. Definitely worth a play.

hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Main Post

#3: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) | 5.6h | Jan 14 | ★★★★

I actually enjoyed this more than UC4. I preferred the story and liked the characters better; Chloe and Nadine just have great chemistry. I'm still not a big fan of the Naughty Dog gameplay and I don't think that will ever change, but the shooting in U:TLL was less annoying than in UC4. Probably because there was less of it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #11 - South Park the Fractured But Whole
Time: 24 hours

The first game was a nice surprise, with it's simple but effective jrpg style systems and a million references to the show, including the art style which basically WAS the show. Fractured But Whole is more of the same, with a superhero theme this time (as opposed to fantasy setting of Stick of Truth), so your milleage will vary on A) if you want more of Stick of Truth and B) you like South Park. As a videogame it's better, it's a logner game, the combat is improved, there's a ton of characters, skills and gear to get, and the story is the typical South Park crazyness. There is A LOT of toilet humour, more so than the first game, so that might turn people off, but overall I feel it's just as good as the first game.

Main Post

Last edited:

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
1. Steamworld Dig 2 | 5th Jan - 8hrs | 4/5
2. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe | 11th Jan - 7hrs | 3/5
3. Bayonetta | 14th Jan - 14hrs | 4/5
4. Bayonetta 2 | 20th Jan - 9hrs | 4/5
5. Katamari Damacy Reroll | 21th Jan - 7hrs | 3/5
6. Kingdom Hearts III | 6th Feb - 35hrs | 4/5
7. Diablo 3 Eternal Collection | 10th Feb - 25hrs | 2/5
8. Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn | 21st Feb - 50hrs | 4/5
9. Assassin's Creed Origins | 3rd Mar - 28hrs | 4/5
10. Wipeout Omega Collection | 6th Mar - 20hrs | 5/5
11. Devil May Cry | 7th Mar - 5hrs | 5/5
12. Devil May Cry 3 | 8th Mar - 10hrs | 5/5
13. Devil May Cry 4 | 9th Mar -10hrs | 4/5
14. Devil May Cry 5 | 10th Mar - 10hrs | 5/5
15. Furi | 13th Mar | 3hrs | 4/5
16. Yoshi's Crafted World | 3rd Apr | 7hrs | 4/5
17. Team Sonic Racing | 24th May | 6hrs | 3/5
18. Rayman Legends | 25th May | 7hrs | 5/5
19. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze | 8th June | 8hrs | 4/5
20. Steamworld Dig - | 15th June | 5hrs | 4/5
21. Axiom Verge | 16th June | 11hrs | 4/5
22. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker | 16th June | 5hrs | 4/5
23. Kirby Star Allies | 17th June | 6hrs | 3/5
24. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled | 20th June | 3hrs | 4/5
25. Super Mario Maker 2 | 3th July | 5hrs | 4/5
26. Celeste | 9th Aug | 6hrs | 5/5
27. Sayonara Wild Hearts | 6th Oct | 1hr | 4/5
28. Final Fantasy X | 14th Nov | 40hrs | 5/5
29. MediEvil | 16th Nov | 7hrs | 3/5
30. Pokemon Shield | 9th Dec | 25hrs | 4/5
31. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | 17th Dec | 15hrs | 5/5
32. Super Metroid | 27th Dec | 7hrs | 5/5

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Main Post

7. Bioshock 2 - 16h10 - 13.01

BioShock-2.jpg

The original was a very hard game to follow on, but Bioshock 2 succeds to do so in a few key points, while floundering on some others. The overarching story is more interesting here i think, although the secondary characters we come across and their individual stories are more less so. Sophia Lamb is more of a person and less of the idea that Ryan was, while the struggle about the altruism and selfishness paradigm that drives the whole plot here feels much more human and relatable. But while the first game had magnificent side stories like the ones regarding Cohen and Tennenbaum that directly related to the main plot while also being their own self contained stories, this time around the side characters felt more like filler monster of the week material, with the exception of Gil Alexander, which i quite liked.

With regards to gameplay, it's a mixed bag. While the gunplay itself is pretty much better in every way, from dual wielding power and weapons to the improved gamefeel, i also felt like the level and encounter design took a serious nosedive. There's a lot less carefuly designed, bespoke encounters and a lot more of wave based meat grinders in here. And the levels have a lot less of storytelling embedded into the exploration. But what kinda broke my affection for the gameplay in Bioshock 2 were the harvesting sections. There are simply too many of them. They get extremely tedious and repetitive. Once you get a strategy going, they play almost exactly the same throughout the whole game. If you want the good ending while getting enough ADAM to buy the good stuff, there's not much choice but to do all or most of them.

All being said, not quite on the same level as the first one but a very worthwhile sequel nonetheless.

8. Minerva's Den - 5h - 14.01

latest

Upon playing Minerva's Den back in the day, i found it a much more interesting game than the Bioshock 2's main campaign. Not so much this time around. It's still good, but not quite on the same level as i remembered it. The story is touching and brings forth some interesting ideas, but it's also very predictable and ends in a bit of a whimper. I really liked the writing and the characters though, but that's true of everything in the series up until this point. Playing it immediately after the main game was not a good idea gameplay wise either, as the problems i had with it manifest themselves in here as well, compounding on the sameness of the experience. Still very much worth playing though.

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
main post

header.jpg

2. Catherine Classic | PC | January 14th | 12hrs | 5/5

Still remains one of my top 10 games of all time, truly a classic. Also the first Atlus game on PC so I just had to support them with this release. The port could use some work but the game is as great as ever. Got an ending then stopped there, I'll be waiting for the Full Body release to 100% it.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Main Post

#4: Florence (Android) | 0.6h | Jan 15 | ★★★

Played and finished it on my commute today. Cute game but not really my cup of tea. I liked the art and the different gameplay/"puzzle" elements and that it had a good mix between them, so it didn't get boring.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
header.jpg

GAME #01: Not Tonight
Panic Barn - PC - ★★★☆☆

Completion State:
Completed the story mode and interactive credits (18 hours, 40% Steam achievements)

Comments:
Starting the year with one that I am a little conflicted on.

The game itself is ostensibly one about checking documents and allowing or barring clubbers entry to clubs/pubs/gravel pits/London abiding by an ever increasingly complex set of arbitrary rules in a post Brexit world dominated by exclusionary hard right politics.

Right from the off the sad stylised tones of God Save the Queen set against a broken, dirty London skyline immediately made me sit up and take notice. From there I've continued to sigh, grimace and smile wryly as the game makes me confront both direct disgust from your Integration Officer and the more subtle and oddly cheerful xenophobia from your employers.

As the protagonist, I lived an unsure life. A British resident with immigrant parents, surviving job to job in the gig economy attempting to make enough money for rent and to upgrade my room in the relocation block, balancing legal income and drug sales, whilst trying to maintain my fluctuating social status and health.

Whether it is the creator's intent or not, it's made me think about how easy it is to create and assert an underclass simply through the propagation of stereotypes. Even in it's presentation of other effected residents of the relocation blocks it made me think hard about my own filters. When I was introduced to Mylarna, her casual descriptions of [I presume] her husband Viklav as a drunk made me question if this was playing to the perceptions amongst made Brits of Eastern Europeans or if I had simply presumed that due to the slight broken English. Given my background in the game, perhaps Mylarna was native to nowhere further than Cornwall! Should I look for her husbands name on the IDs of folk I am checking at the door of the King's Head? Should I? Names move really fast. Easier to just do my job. Can I even remember his name? Would I have done if it were Dave?...

In these smaller moments, where you are left to imagine the backstory, the game does well. The way it presents itself pushes me to consider everything from "the grand scheme of things", state housing, the general undertone of xenophobia etc etc right through to the smaller, more banal aspects of how we, for want of a better way of putting it, obey or strike back. I found myself inwardly annoyed when I accidentally let in an underage punter but outwardly annoyed when I got a warning for not caring about letting in a French woman.

Unfortunately despite these thoughtful moments, the overarching story doesn't really go anywhere particularly interesting and ends up winding up strangely anticlimactic, or perhaps better, unsatisfying. Given how much I love other aspects of the game - the presentation is fabulous, with art style, animation, UI, music and simple grunting voices working perfectly together - this annoyed me more than perhaps it should.

The gameplay itself is supposedly reminiscent of Papers Please but here you are checking identity details and scanning for hidden objects to allow entry to, in most cases, some kind of night club. Though this is ultimately simple, it entirely supports the premise of the game and builds to a point where it's pretty fast paced and has a certain challenge to it. I was, in the later game, checking multiple aspects of multiple documents supplied by the person in the queue against the clock so it can get a little hectic. I'm not sure it holds up through the entire game but it never got tedious, in fact it's rather addictive.

All in all It's worth playing through to the end if not for the disappointing story conclusion but then for the moral score section at the end and the delightful interactive credits.

You essentially play a short level where you check the documents of the developers as the in game protagonist. You can even not let Mike Rose into the pub if you are so inclined.

Overall, a good game that despite an unsatisfying ending is definitely worth a play through. I'm very glad that in an odd world like this one a game like this can be made and hopefully pays the bills. I hope the small team behind this get the chance to do more in the future.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - 15/01/2019

header.jpg

My first playthrough of DSII I made a LTTP thread about how much I loved it and how it had become my favourite of the Souls trilogy. This time I went and played a Sorcerer and found it to be the deepest and most rewarding magic gameplay in the entire series.

And then I did the DLC.

I have no idea how people talk up the Lost Crowns trilogy as one of the peaks of the series, because it was genuinely awful save for its bosses. I ended up quitting halfway through Brume Tower because I was sick to death of its overpowered enemies ganking me in groups of three and more every time I turned the corner.

Dark Souls II took a lot of effort for me to get into it and now it just feels like I've been hoodwinked. That it turns out this amazing experience I loved was in actually the shitty hard meme game everyone decried it as all along.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
Almost forgot about this, time to go for another year.

#1. Onimusha: Warlords [PS4. 01/15/2019]: For a nigh 20 year old game and having never seen, let alone played, the original it was quite enjoyable.
#2. Celeste [PS4. 01/15/2019]: Finished the Core and have all of the Strawberries, maybe I'll do the B-sides but for now I can say I enjoyed this game.
#3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole [Switch: 01/16/2019]: The grid-based mechanics got annoying at times, but it did mix things up. It never ceased to catch me off guard with where the story was going.
#4. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War [PS4 01/27/2019]: I came to this series really late and this game makes that all the more ridiculous.
#5. Kingdom Hearts III [PS4 02/1/2019]: It's not quite KHII (but still the closest in quality) and it spends a lot of time setting up the next, but in the end I'm really happy.
#6. Hitman (2016) [PS4 02/10/2019]: Listen; People Died, mostly intentionally, and in the end that's what matters.
#7. The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince [PS4 02/12/2019]: Cute, if not janky, game.
#8. Tetris 99 [Switch 02/16/2019]: I won one and probably never again. [2/27] game 2.
#9. Dandara [PS4 02/17/2018]: While the movement is fun and the map is well designed, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the games "Upgrade" Progression and the unshakable feeling that this game seems to stop at the half-way point.
#10. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee [Switch 02/24/2019]: My Eevee soloed the entire game, this might be the most braindead game I've ever played, but it's charming and I got it solely because post-game shiny-hunting looked fun.
#11. Celeste [PS4 02/28/2019]: Got the Plat, I'm counting that as beating the game again cause nothing in this world is as disheartening as the realization that there are "C-sides".
#12. Super Mario Odyssey [Switch 03/05/2019]: Super Mario Odyssey fills a niche of amazing controls, fun levels but also able to be completed in sub 4 hours which makes it an amazing game to pick-up and replay.
#13. Devil May Cry 5 [PS4 03/09/2019]: Great game, V was more fun than I thought he would be to play as. Everything about the endgame was great. Still don't like breakable weapons.
#14. Mighty Gunvolt [3DS 04/03/2019]: Been a minute since I beat a game. This one is quaint and reminds me I need to replay Gunvolt
#15. Liberation Maiden [3DS 04/04/2019]: This game needed a sequel; a real sequel.
#16. Sekiro [PS4 04/17/2019]: Didn't love it, didn't hate it; there were things I liked about the combat but at times I also felt the combat was unsatisfying.
#17. Sonic Adventure [PS3 04/18/2019]: Didn't beat it per se but I was in the mood to replay Sonic's story and now that I've gotten that out of my system I'm good.
#18. Superflight [Steam 04/20/2019]: I chose a good day to play this game.
#19. Pac-Man: Championship Edition [Steam 04/20/2019]: Mostly just going through my Steam Backlog but this game has a neat gimmick.
#20. Fez [Steam 04/21/2019]: That is a fun game, the puzzles are nonsense though.
#21. Kingdom Hearts III [PS4 04/29/2019]: Critical Mode beaten, not as huge an improvement as KHII's but I stilled enjoyed it. Now for Level 1 run.
#22. Dragalia Lost [iOS 05/01/2019]: Beaten the "Campaign". Not horrible by Gatcha standards but the Fire Emblem content was really the only reason I came back.
#23. Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) [Steam 05/04/2019]: A fun blast from the past. Droideka are still Bullshit.
#24. BoxBoy+BoxGirl [Switch 05/14/2019]: The madmen are absolutely stretching the limit of what you can do with just boxes.
#25. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney [3DS 05/16/2019]: Still my favorite Layton, Still my favorite 3DS AA game.
#26. Code Vein: Network Test [PS4 06/01/2019]: The network test was a really fun first taste of this game and I look forward to the full game.
#27. Katana Zero [Switch 06/12/2019]: That was an adrenaline pumping experience.
#28. A Story About My Uncle [06/14/2019]: While the actual grapple mechanic was very finicky, the overall game was a brisk enjoyable experience.
#29. Final Fantasy Explorers [3DS 06/17/2019]: Having recently let my FFXIV sub lapse this game filled that very specific need.
#30. Darkwing Duck [PS4 06/27/2019]: That's just the Megaman 3 ending theme!
#31. Rescue Rangers [PS4 06/27/2019]: Starting to think after Duck Tales they were told to tone down the difficulty.
#32. Tales Spin [PS4 06/27/2019]: Meh.
#33. Duck Tales 2 [PS4 06/27/2019]: That's two "Terminator" references I've found in the Disney Afternoon Collection.
#34. Rescue Rangers 2 [PS4 06/27/2019]: Second verse, same as the first.
#35. Duck Tales [PS4 06/27/2019]: Saved the best for Last!
#36. Legend of Legacy [3DS 06/30/2019]: While the concept is charming, the game incredibly tedious and obtuse with not enough going on to be really worth playing through it.
#37. Super Mario Bros. [NSO 07/09/2019]: Still Fun, hasn't aged a day.
#38. Super Mario Bros. 2 [NSO 07/09/2019]: That's some bullshit right there.
#39. Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) [NSO 07/10/2019]: Also tough but not Bullshit.
#40. Alliance Alive [3DS 07/12/2019]: Definitely a step up from LoL but man are those final bosses chumps compared to the dungeon that precedes them.
#41. Judgment [PS4 07/14/2019]: That's a good Yakuza, but I'm starting to get a little burnt out on the Side Quests and wished the game would just let me get on with the plot when I wanted it to.
#42. Final Fantasy XIV: ARR [PS4 07/18/2019]: Not amazing, waiting to see how HW and StBl improves things.
#43. Fire Emblem: Three Houses [Switch 08/02/2019]: I really enjoyed playing this game, especially the Edelgard path; but I feel like once you remove the school stuff it's probably one of the shorter FE's.
#44. Doom (1993) [Switch 08/02/2019]: Holds up extremely well, even if it ends abruptly.
#45. Metal Wolf Chaos XD [PS4 08/07/2019]: No words.
#46. Final Fantasy III [Vita 08/14/2019]: Still charming, but that end game gauntlet is still nuts.
#47. Mirror's Edge [PC 08/18/2019]: Tried to play catalyst, got bored played this instead.
#48. A Robot Named Fight [Switch 08/20/2019]: One of the only Rogue-likes i've ever beaten.
#49. Metroid: Samus Returns [3DS 08/21/2019]: Still not a fan of the last boss and for once I actually got 100%.
#50. FFXIV: Heavensward [PS4 08/22/2019]: That Final Boss's a bitch, but seriously HW is definitely where XIV begins to get good.
#51. Metroid: Zero Mission [WiiU 08/23/2019]: On replay the level design really tanked in comparison to other games.
#52. Astral Chain [Switch 09/02/2019]: When you play a "Pure Platinum" game the flaws of Platinum really come out. Also that end-game is just diet NieR: Automata.
#53. River City Girls [PS4: 09/05/2019]: That was anti-climactic.
#54. MHW: Iceborne [PS4 09/10/2019]: Was not expecting a Rasengan and a Spiritbomb to show up in the final battle.
#55. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective [iOS 09/14/2019]: I forget just how neatly the whole story wraps up in the end.
#56. Link's Awakening [Switch 09/21/2019]: It's weird how nostalgic I am for I game I only played really late on the 3DS.
#57. Final Fantasy Tactics [PSP 09/24/2019]: I don't get the hype.
#58. Final Fantasy [PSP 09/26/2019]: Classic.
#59. Luminous Avenger iX [PS4 09/27/2019]: Fun, but you can tell there were some setbacks due to this being the first primarily console-based game across four platforms whereas prior games were made exclusively for one system then later ported.
#60. Final Fantasy XV [PS4 10/01/2019]: Now I'm just sad we never got the rest of the season pass.
#61. Fire Emblem Warriors [3DS 10/06/2019]: Why play the 3DS version when the Switch version is my most played game on the Switch? Because I wanted a portable version.
#62. GTAV [PS4 10/12/2019]: I still prefer Los Santos the first time around, but the three leads have a fun dynamic and the ending is pretty satisfying.
#63. Kingdom Hearts II [PS4 10/20/2019]: This game is comfort food to me.
#64. ICEY [Switch 10/27/2019]: Nice of this game to give Stefanie Joosten more lines than MGSV.
#65. A Hat in Time [Steam 10/31/2019]: I think the game doesn;t really get off the ground until the final level and most of the hats you get seem unnecessary, but overall a great effort from the team that made this game.
#65. Pokemon Sword [Switch 11/21/2019]: Easily the worst mainline Pokemon game with the best new roster of Pokemon.
#66. Fairune [Switch 11/30/2019]: Cute game though it is easy to get stuck.
#67. Ai: The Somnium Files [Switch 12/09/2019]: Really good. Was kind of worried after ZTD to be honest.
#68. Kingdom Hearts III: Level 1 Critical Mode [PS4 12/12/2019]: That was rough.
#69. Gris [Switch 12/16/2019]: A pretty if mostly inconsequential game.
#70. Jedi: Fallen Order [PS4 12/23/2019]: After Rise of Skywalker I'm glad I got to experience something good from Star Wars this December. Genuinely want to see a follow up to this game.
#71. Fairune 2 [Switch 12/29/2019]: Same as the first but a little longer.
#72. Fairune Origin: [Switch 12/29/2019]: Not expecting that, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Always wanted to try this challenge but before I commit, question - I put about 40 hours into Red Dead 2 in December and another 120 into it since New Years, finally beating it. Does this count?

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
Always wanted to try this challenge but before I commit, question - I put about 40 hours into Red Dead 2 in December and another 120 into it since New Years, finally beating it. Does this count?

From the OP:

How do I know when I've completed a game?
That's up to you, it could be completing the game or playing 3hrs+ if it has no ending or is a MP game. You can do replays, as long as all the games are completed in 2019.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #12 - South Park The Fractured But Whole - From Dusk Till Casa Bonita
Time: 2 hours

First of two story expansions for Fractured But Whole, where we have to save Kenny, I mean Mysterion's sister from hanging out with Vamp kids (good lord). This introduces a whole new location (with plenty of new gear and puzzles), a new class AND a new party member, both of which are actually really cool and I hope I had gotten when I was playing the main game (it all carries over). It's very short (2 hours) but its funny as usual, and like I said introduces a lot of new stuff, the new lcoation is cool and I like how you play with specific characters (including the new one) because you might not have used them much in the main game. Well worth playing but do it early on (I assume these dlcs scale to your level).

header_portuguese.jpg

Game #13 - South Park the Fractured But Whole - Bring The Crunch
Time: 3 hours

Second of the story expansions, this time a horror movie homage to save Camp Tardicaca. Much like the previous DLC, this also introduces a new class and a new party member, both of which with some cool new mechanics to the game. Overall it's better than Casa Bonita, with a lot more puzzles to solve and a bigger location, even if the new party member is lame compared to the casa bonita one. It's also longer clocking in at about 3 hours if you do everything. So much like the previous DLC; if you want some more South Park in your life, you really cant go wrong with them both (just pick up the season pass on sale or something).

Main Post

Last edited:

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
I lack the ability to make any fancy graphics, but figure I should do some write-ups before I get too far behind.

Main Post

1. Bomb Chicken (Switch) | 4th Jan - XX Hrs | 2/5
I was really expecting to like this one more than I did. Maybe one aspect is that I was expecting it to be more of a clever puzzle game, but it's more of an action game where the "puzzles" tend to be simple and the challenge is not accidentally dying while executing it. However, the limited movement options makes it frustrating action game to play, and at a lot of junctures the hitboxes feel sloppy. A lot information also just isn't conveyed well, like falling sections where something will hit you with no warning or enemies where it's not made clear that the bombs can't directly hurt them. I legit thought my game glitched when the bombs kept going through the turrets! Considering any hit will kill you, I don't think the poorer design aspects can be overlooked. Some of the levels are fun, but overall I didn't enjoy it much.

2. Whip! Whip! (Switch) | 5th Jan - 01 Hrs | 3/5
This one is pretty cute, and the grapple fighting mechanic can lead to some interesting scenarios. I can definitely see a lot of room for growth in playing it, as if you know what you're doing the rooms can be cleared very quickly. The current system of letting you start back at any level you died on might actually rob players of having to learn the game though, which is unfortunate. I liked it quite a bit, and there is an unexpectedly fun explanation for the co-op!

3. Puzzle Bobble (Switch/Arcade) | 10th Jan - XX Hrs | 4/5
Puzzle Bobble is really addicting and fun, but can also be really cruel. Few things are as satisfying as being able to quickly clear a level with a big chain from the top, but few things are as frustrating as the game continuing to be stingy in giving you the one color you need to do it. I love the aiming mechanics and how the cursor goes away after a map, only returning if you die. Adds a nice skill curve to adapt to, and pulling off tricky shots without it is great.

4. Yoku's Island Express (Switch) | 12th Jan - XX Hrs | 3/5
I love pinball games, especially ones with weird takes on it like Odama or Mario Pinball. Yoku attempts to combine the pinball formula with a Metroid map, and while I think it's fun I'm not so sure they pulled it all off. Quickly moving between different "boards" as you traverse each area is great, but what it lacks is making it feel good to explore. A lot of what you find isn't that interesting, the traversal can be tedious and relies heavily on shortcuts which can get convoluted, and the core gameplay doesn't evolve based on what you find. I enjoyed it more as a bunch of pinball levels than a Metroid game ultimately.

5. Kamiko (Switch) | 16th Jan - 01 Hrs | 2/5
This one I felt was close to being a solid game, but some of the design aspects are just too poorly thought out to get there. Kamiko tries to blend elements of a Zelda game into a more pick-up-and-play arcadey structure, which leads to some strange results. The combat and puzzles aren't that complicated, but it all moves at a quick enough pace to be satisfying for the most part. Where the problems come is that the game will randomly spawn enemies, but not with much warning, often leading you to accidentally walk face-first into an enemy you didn't see coming. This is annoying on its own, but gets obnoxious during some parts where you have to carry an object from one location to another without being able to attack or run, and any random hit will make you have to restart it from the beginning. These become so frequent by the end it just becomes a slog.

I also feel like the combat system is a little too convoluted, where the special attacks tend to not be very useful meaning it's not much of a choice between using it or using that energy to open doors and chests, which makes the combo system feel kinda worthless. The pieces are there for something pretty fun, but the game falls short in some key areas. Soundtrack is very nice though.

Pretty good pace so far, I think. I'm currently working on trying to finish CrossCode, and I also started Onimusha which I'm expecting to finish pretty quickly.

Last edited:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Figured I'd use the time to do a couple of write-ups on games I've beaten since the new year, since I'm at 3 now. I should preface that I'm going to use a full 0 - 10 rating scale, so just convert a 5 to what would be like a 7.5 in the traditional gaming press.

010419_smdlc_ps45rkhz.png

1. Marvel's Spider-Man: The City that Never Sleeps DLC (PS4) | 1/4/19 - 8hrs | 5/10
Insomniac did a decent job with these pieces of DLC content. The middle one was clearly lacking in interesting story content, but that's also personal preference. The third one "Silver Lining" did a good job tying things up, and I'm REALLY interested to see where they go with Yuri now in the inevitable sequel. Although, tying up her storyline in side content felt a little lame. Silver Sable was great.

010619_burlymenatsea_injrj.png

2. Burly Men at Sea (PS4) | 1/6/19 - 1hr | 5/10
People often call games minimalist erroneously, but Burly Men at Sea is truly minimalist. The controls were a little grating, but for what the game was, they were respectable. Fun little story that won't take you too long to get through, but I wish the gameplay was a little more involved.

011519_bayonetta_switvqkht.png

3. Bayonetta (Switch) | 1/15/19 - 10hr | 6/10
I've played a few Platinum games in my time, namely Vanquish, Transformers Devastation, and NieR: Automata. I'm not huge on character action much, but having just purchased a Switch over the holidays, I felt it was a great opportunity to take a swing at this franchise I'd let pass me by.
To start, I wasn't expecting to actually get invested in the story. Sure, it's batshit insane and barely makes sense most of the time. But the characters are compelling oddballs, and the gameplay more than makes up for any inconsistencies there. I played on normal for the most part, only cheating for a bit on the airship Jeanne fight which I couldn't beat for some reason. If there's one main critique I would have of the game, it's that it doesn't make its systems very clear. NieR does a wonderful job explaining how all of the items and elements work, but Bayonetta doesn't quite as well. Still, I'm looking forward to playing the sequel later this year, but I think I need to take a break first.

012019_theorder1886_pmjk24.png

4. The Order: 1886 (PS4) | 1/20/19 - 9hr | 6/10
I'm pretty disappointed that the gameplay is king crowd put me off from playing this in 2015. It really does feel like this was a victim of the backlash to "walking simulators" that was spurred on by the GG crowd. This is not to say that if you don't enjoy those type of games, that you are a gamergater. It's just that crowd had a disproportionate impact on the discourse around games in '14/'15.
Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked. The game itself is gorgeous, and could come out today and put a lot of games to shame. For my money, it looks better than all of the current gen games except maybe RE2/DMCV and The Last of Us Part II. The gameplay is also not that bad. The shooting feels better than uncharted 4, and the weapon design is actually stellar. Where the game stumbles is in its movement mechanics and lackluster monster encounters. They nailed the feeling of fighting humans, but as soon as a lycan enters the fray, the pacing goes to shit and I would stand in a corner for 5 minutes to dodge their attacks and get easy kills. Also, the QTEs aren't that egregious except for the boss fights, which are terrible and much easier than they should've been.
The story itself was super easy to predict, and I wish that there had been more meat on the bones. The characters and world are really solid, but the moment to moment writing was a little on the nose. With about a year more in the tank, I think this game could've been something really special.
All in all, I think The Order is a mechanically solid game with gorgeous graphics, and a story that's too short to give the game a better score.

Last edited:

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Got #3 in: Gris

I expected a good game, but it exceeded all of my expectations. Intensely beautiful and very relaxing.

ss_631d99cc6462cce94081032b7e600a6b87c3f7d3.600x338.jpg

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
6. Perception of the Dead

This is a Visual Novel with 3 short stories: One about a streamer who goes to a haunted abandoned hospital, and 2 focusing on a spirit medium who is looking into paranormal activities.
The voice acting is good and while I didn't find it TOO scary, they were rather entertaining to play through.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Always wanted to join this challenge and now that I'm an official ERA member and I have a load of free time until April, let's do this!

First one done, and it was a behemoth!

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One X)
rdr2-cat.jpg

140 hours (about 50 hours in 2018, completed in 2019) - 5/5

This game has been discussed to death around here so I won't repeat the debate. Yes, the game has slow, deliberate pacing and controls. The loadout system doesn't work as advertised. The gameplay of story missions is similar and simple throughout.
I loved every second of this game and am planning a second playthrough this winter. It's not for everyone and I sympathize with the people who thought it would basically be GTA with horses. But it's not and I love it for that. A beautiful, emotionally-draining barn-burner of a game.

Into the Breach (Switch)
into-the-breach.jpg

About 16 hours - 5/5

This game is tight as hell with no fat to speak of. It has a simple goal and hits it dead center. Basically this is chess with mechs. Simple to learn but deep enough to want to learn more. I completed all four islands, and unlocked most of the advanced squads. I consider this game "Beaten (TM)" but its definitely one I'll be jumping in and out of on the Switch for years to come.

Currently working on:
- Divinity Original Sin 2 (PC)
- DUSK (PC)
- AMID EVIL (PC)
- HITMAN 2 (PC)
- Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One X)
- God of War (PS4 Pro)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One X) | January 12 - 140 hours | 5/5
2. Into the Breach (Switch) | January 4 - about 16 hours | 5/5
3. Luigi's Mansion (New 3DS) | January 19 - about 4.5 hours | 4/5

PC
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Monster Hunter: World
- Nioh
- No Man's Sky (Updated)
- The Witcher: 3 Blood and Wine
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- No One Lives Forever
- Resident Evil 7
- The Witness
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- INSIDE
- Hotline Miami 1 and 2
- Metro: Last Light Redux
- Subnautica

Xbox One X
- Halo: The Masterchief Collection Campaigns

Playstation 4 Pro
- Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds
- Shadow of the Colossus Remastered
-Mandatory, annual Bloodborne replay
- Uncharted 4
- The Last of Us Remastered

Switch
-
Dead Cells
- Hollow Knight
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (almost done!)
- Super Mario Odyssey (almost done!)
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Golf Story
- Dark Souls Remastered

3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
- Luigi's Mansion
- Super Metroid
- Selected 2d VC Marios

Total priority games: 32+
Total Backlog: 327

Last edited:

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
shaq_fu_a_legend_reborn-2481733.jpg

6. Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn (XB1) | 16th Jan - 3ish hrs | 3/5
I got it from Target on clearance for $6. I enjoyed my time with it. None of the levels were long enough to get boring. The humor is juvenile but I chuckled a few times. I'm actually excited for the dlc. You get to play as Barack

Nov 14, 2017
Main Post

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Completed: 16/01 | 64 hours | Score: 10/10
red-dead-redemption-2-banner-3.png

I don't really know what to say about this game, I saw the trailers and had almost no hype for it, was thinking R* would prioritize multiplayer and the SP component would be worsen because of the success of GTA V online.
Instead of that, I got the pleasure of playing one of the best games ever created. Arthur Morgan is probably the best character in a video game.
Couldn't start the year in a better way.

Nov 14, 2017
Just posted this one. I'm impressed at only 64 hour play time!
Honestly I am as well when I see yours, but I did every event I encountered, every bounties and every stranger mission I could find without rushing. Though I didn't spend almost any time fishing/playing cards or those type of activities.

Also, it's not an 100% legit game time because I've played on PS4 and had to use an app to count the time I've played, which might not have been active all the time. Either way I'll replay this incredible game in the coming years so I'm not yet done with exploring the world.