• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
I always found Infinite a very interesting game that sort of falters a bit at half of what it tries, while being outstanding at what it does achieve. It's a pretty disappointing Bioshock game though. I had never played the DLC before, and was very surprised at how coherent and consistent it was.

Totally this. I wonder if it was just a longer game with the DLC included.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally this. I wonder if it was just a longer game with the DLC included.

Hmmm it doesn't feel like it. Both pieces of DLC are strong tonal shifts from the main game. Episode 1 feels like a self contained noir film, while the second episode veers more into horror again, like the first two games. They diverge a lot from the main campaign.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Hmmm it doesn't feel like it. Both pieces of DLC are strong tonal shifts from the main game. Episode 1 feels like a self contained noir film, while the second episode veers more into horror again, like the first two games. They diverge a lot from the main campaign.
No definitely an apt critique. I just meant if the thing released with everything included, would it have garnered more favorable reviews. Either way, nice to see people playing it at this late date.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
First attempt this year, probably won't be able to hit 52 but will happy to do at least half.

Ace Combat 5: Squadron Leader (PS4)
Time: 9 hours
Rating: 9/10

Got this from AC7's preorder and was delightfully surprised at how well the characters gets developed through the game. Even after completing AC7, this game remains my favorite in the series. Missions does not rely too much on gimmicks and the graphics still holds up, but best of all were the well written and acted(JP voice) radio chatter that really provided me a reason to care about the pilots and combatants. Overall a well done flight action package.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Time: 10.5 hours
Rating: 7/10

This game took me more than a year to complete as I dropped it an hour in at the end of 2017. It actually turned out to be quite a good romp, and has all the Uncharted signature set pieces and annoyances. Sully was a bright spot, though the other two main characters Dante and Chase were not up to par with the mainline titles. I liked the gyro aiming and touchscreen based puzzles but the "balance beam" and camera puzzles were just frustrating and clearly there just to take advantage of the hardware but feel incongruous with the rest of the game. Still a good time however.

Onimusha (PC)
Time: 4 hours
Rating: 4/10

Worst game played this year and last. Definitely did not age well, keep in mind that I have no nostalgic attachments and went in without any expectations. The main culprit is the constantly shifting camera angles even in boss fights. An exercise in frustration. I like the combat and simplistic upgrade system but ultimately pointless with the archaic controls. Story is serviceable, voice acting (JP) is good as usual but marred by the unskippable cutscenes which is simply idiotic in a game like this where you have them between save points and boss fights. Level design is decent, but would have been better enjoyed if not for the stupid camera cuts. Would not recommend this game ever.

1. Ace Combat 5 (PS4) | 22nd Jan - 9hrs | 4.5/5
2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) | 25th Jan - 10.5hrs | 3.5/5
3. Onimusha (PC) | 27th Jan - 4hrs | 2/5

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Saturday-Morning-RPG-Review-425557-2.jpg

10. Saturday Morning RPG (Switch) | 26th Jan - 6 hrs | 3/5
Really enjoyed this. Fun little throwback to 80's cartoons and movies. I really only like turn based RPGs if the actions are simple. Luckily for me, they were. Would have been a solid 4/5 if not for the ending. Really ended on a bad note for me.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Master Post

12. Resident Evil 2 - Played Claire A (standard)/Leon B (assisted). It was just as amazing as it was back on PS1. Mr. X is such a well thought out mechanic that adds a lot to the survival horror aspect of the game. It's going to be hard for anything to top this as my personal GotY (unless TLOU2 releases this year).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
10 Games In. Just like last year, I'm planning on doing updates every 10 games (or so). I'll go into more detail than I did last year.

Main Post

1: Mega Man X1 (Start: 1/1/2019. End: 1/2/2019).

I'm playing the Mega Man X Legacy Collection on my Switch, and counting these games separately (as they were originally released separately). I played this last year as part of my SNES Classic Collection, and didn't want to rush into it again with my Legacy Collection. So I waited for the 2019 challenge.

It's still as good as when I played last year. It's an excellent SNES platformer.

2: Mega Man X2 (Start: 1/2/2019. End: 1/4/2019)

I played the MMXLC version of MMX2 on my Switch.

One of the reasons I wanted to really get into the MMXLC is because I am not as familiar with the X series as I am with the Classic series. I have played X2 before, and even beaten it, but I am not as familiar with it as I am the original MMX. This game is still really solid.

3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Start: 12/27/2018. End: 1/15/2019)

I bought a subscription to PSNow as I was curious about the service. I had gone through the original NES Ninja Gaiden games last year, and I was still in the mood for some Ninja Gaiden action. It's less of a platformer than the NES originals, and more of a hack-and-slash, but it is still rather difficult. I know this is not as well regarded as the original Xbox version (or Ninja Gaiden Black), but it was the best I could do with what I currently have available.

4: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (Start: 12/27/2018. End: 1/15/2019)

Played on 3DS VC.

So I started this game up at the end of last year because I had never played it before. Put it aside after a few levels, and then jumped back into it to complete the game. This one is nowhere near as difficult as the NES original. It's just a shame the Kid Icarus franchise went into dormancy for so long after this game.

5: Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Start: 4/3/2018. End: 1/19/2019)

Played on 3DS.

If you look at my 2018 challenge list, you'll notice I had this game on since early April. I played it off and on all this time, trying to make sure I got the new Golden ending. This is not an easy game to get through. But I finally beat this game, got the golden ending, and now it is no longer in my backlog.

6: Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Start & End: 1/19/2019)

Played on PSNow.

I was really just killing time, and I figured since I had a PSNow account, and this game was on there, and I don't think I ever beat it before, I'd just go for it. Shame that Alex Kidd has basically fallen into obscurity these days. Who doesn't love a game where you have to play rock, paper, scissors before a boss fight?

7: Mega Man X3 (Start & End: 1/20/2019)

Played the MMXLC on Switch.

Now we're getting into the MMX games I am not as familiar with. It's still a really solid MMX game, but it doesn't really stand out with the original and X4 on the collection.

8: Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC (Start: 1/23/2019. End: 1/25/2019)

Played on PS4.

I'm a little unsure of declaring the DLC pack (all 3 episodes) as one game because of how short it is, but considering the length of these other games, and that other people declare similar DLC packs as their own game, I guess it's okay.

It felt like this DLC pack exists mostly to set things up for the sequel, but not in such a way that it would be required to play through. Was nice to jump back into this world for a little bit, though. This game is still really well done.

9: Sonic Generations (Start: 1/25/2019. End: 1/26/2019)

Played on PSNow.

I began to look for short games to get through this weekend as I waited for Kingdom Hearts III. This game was even shorter than I remembered. It's mostly solid, but I found myself frustrated a few times with some of the game.

10: Celeste (Start: 1/26/2019. End: 1/27/2019)

Played on Switch.

I'd seen the reviews. I'd seen the positive reception among players. But I wasn't prepared for the emotional journey from what was an otherwise difficult, but rewarding, platformer. This was a great game, Era. One that I'm glad to have played.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Weekly update 4!

Finished some really good games this week! Well, just like the other weeks I guess. Been playing very, very good games this year.

bJRTVQl.png

11. RUMU (PC) | 21st Jan - 9hrs | 5/5
I finished this game last year and was completely floored (pun intended) by it. The idea of playing a robot vacuum cleaner might be silly, but the game has so much heart. The storytelling is great and what you get to experience together with RUMU is something well worth spending a couple of hours on. The less you know, the better the game will be. When I played it last time, some achievements were bugged so I went back now to play through one more time to grab the now fixed achievements. It was still an amazing experience.​

KGxy4Gs.png

12. Serial Cleaner (PC) | 22nd Jan - 10hrs | 4/5
After playing Party Hard I wanted something sort of similar to play and since my little brother doesn't let me play Party Hard 2 without him I had to pick something else. This one felt like a perfect choice. First I was murdering people left and right, then I cleaned up the mess! It plays a bit the same with the 2D stealth gameplay, but it's a bit less intense. It's also very easy since hiding from the police by jumping into hiding spots works even if the police is right behind you and sees it. Thankfully, the game has a bunch of fun challenges! I really enjoyed replaying levels without hiding spots and other helpful things. It made the game more challenging in a very good way.​

i5Yl9Bs.png

13. Katamari Forever (PS3) | 23rd Jan - 37hrs | 4/5
Forever feels like an attempt to make a "best-of" collection, but it doesn't really work that way for me. I would rather have had new levels than replaying a lot of old stuff I remembered from other games. I do love collecting cousins, presents and nailing all the challenges the kings throw at me tho, so it's not a huge problem. And yes, kings! This time there are two kings! We have the almighty King of All Cosmos that gets knocked out and suffers from amnesia, and RoboKing that the cousins built to replace the real king. That didn't go as planned tho and all the stars got destroyed again, of course. There are some new nice things like the ability to jump and I had fun with the black and white "amnesia levels". I generally had a great time with the game! I can't give it a 5/5 tho since I got really annoyed at two of the levels and struggled to get the platinum trophy.​

8Nk5eXM.png

14. Hook (PC) | 25th Jan - 2hrs | 4/5
Sometimes I just want something to poke at. Something that doesn't challenge me too much and a game that is simple and calming. Hook is such a game! Its very very short length does make me a little sad because I really enjoyed it and would have loved to play twice as many levels. But that is the only negative thing I can say about this minimalist nice little game.​

M3THP5c.png

15. Lumino City (PC) | 27th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
I seem to remember liking the first game, Lume, but I feel that this sequel is so much better. It's absolutely stunning to look at. The city is actually a hand-build model and every little machine and light is an actual working object in real life. Getting to walk through this extremely cool build as Lumi and solve the puzzles of it is a joy. I found myself frustrated at a couple of puzzles but a huge majority of them were great. I am very happy to have played it.​

Master Post!

Last edited:

mrpookles

Oct 29, 2017
Main post.

I'll try and update every month or so, with some commentary. Good start, though!

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) | 2nd Jan - 46hrs | 3/5
Almost exclusively played the Zombies mode in split-screen. My fiance and I were completely addicted to this for a few weeks, then it flamed out. Great while it lasted, though.

2. Assassin's Creed Origins (PC) | 9th Jan - 65hrs | 5/5
I've been playing this on-and-off for months. The best entry in the series and one of the best games I've played this generation - I can't wait to play Odyssey. This + even more skewed towards an RPG sounds incredible, frankly.

3. Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones (PC) | 11th Jan - 4hrs | 3/5
Solid DLC for the aforementioned brilliant game. Quite enjoyed this.

4. Assassin's Creed Origins: The Curse of the Pharaohs (PC) 19th Jan - 13hrs | 4/5
Even better than The Hidden Ones. It ended abruptly, but the star of the show here is the Afterlife areas.

5. Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) 24th Jan - 45hrs | 4/5
A couple of runs through the campaign and some Horde mode. Still a great series, but the gameplay is starting to get a fraction stale... I'm still optimistic for Gears 5

Currently Playing:
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One)
NBA 2K19 (PC)

Immediate Backlog:
Fallout 76 (PC)
Battlefield V (PC)
Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #19 - Journal
Time: 2 hours

This is a frustrating game to write about, as I really wasnt enjoying it at all until the end, as the character is super obnoxious and the writing or the choice making isnt very good, but then the game throws a bait and switch at the end about what the game is really about, and you kinda feel like a dick for dogging on it (much like this review on RPS experienced really). In the end, while the "twist" if you want to call it makes the story better, the game itself is still not very good, with very simple walking left or right gameplay, choices that dont seem to matter or make much sense in the narrative, and a really ugly art style (its going for a child-like drawing style but it just looks bad in my opinion). Just did not enjoy this one at all unfortunately.

Main Post

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
13. Shatter

Neat little brick breaking game with the gimmick of being able to blow away or attract the ball which can be used to re direct it for breaking certain bricks or for bigger score possibilities.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
2) Final Fantasy IV(PSP)

I will tackle After Years and the Epilogue(Or was it prologue?) as a later entry, it had been 7 years since I played this gem of an RPG. Such a simple RPG with a great story and great set of characters, decent challenge though if you have played enough JRPGs it doesn't tackle too much of a difficulty admittedly. If there is a game that is arguable to start someone brand new to the genre, this would be up for discussion IMO. Game if you do everything in the main game can run you to almost 20 hours so it has some meat on the game but it's nothing too much for anyone. What is neat about this version which I am not used to in comparison to FFII for SNES is getting all the characters(Besides 1) back from the dead and all of the QOL changes like full time running throughout an area, it makes a loads difference. I just appreciate the simple narrative of not giving you TOO much of optional content and I like how each character of your party matters in a playthrough by introducing characters or taking away characters form you during the journey.

An overall great version to play this classic on. Not too much else to say.

3) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney(3DS)

One of the series I never was able to dive fully into was the Ace Attorney games so I felt one of my missions here in 2019 is to finally go after this series. I adore the Danganronpa franchise and have been looking for something of that ilk so this led me to yonder towards this quirky visual novel and a series held by plenty as a must play for any visual novel fans.

I think the way I will go about this series is tackle it in order of course but say every two months dedicate some time to one of the games as a means to enjoy each one and to not feel the problem of being burnt out.

I have to say this about the first installment, I did try on two different occasions over the years to get into this and I would always get past Case 1 and then suddenly drop the game for various reasons. However, I am so glad I stuck through it because after the insanely easy Case 1/ Tutorial story, the game does pick up and become a very fun journey altogether. The game wasn't too overly hard but it wasn't extremely easy either for me so it gave me the perfect difficulty and not having me rely upon walkthroughs to an immense extent. With Case 5 being played, this game gave a good amount of length and Case 5 absolutely surprised me with how deep it was and how much attention was put in towards that case.

I really enjoyed plenty of the characters and the ones I did not like only appear in say one chapter of the game and nothing else and the ones that I liked plenty routinely appeared throughout which is much appreciated. Unlike Danganronpa which the trial alone can take up to hours worth between the dialogue and minigames, Ace Attorney 1 never dragged too much and the dialogue was digestible for me. I do feel some of the quirks of the game like a certain character being randomly possessed by someone else was admittedly silly but it serves the purpose of the main character's moral compass as far as a lawyer goes. There were some really nice moments of me as the player wanting to completely smash the opposition and the game gives you your craving in due time.

This was going to be a make or break game if I wanted to dive deeper into the series and I must say the first installment did just that. Cannot wait to see what else the future games have in store for me, I wish I dove into this series much sooner but I think I will have tons of fun this year with this series alone.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
10. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Had a fantastic time with this game. Story was great and the graphics were stunning. This is absolutely not for everyone as it's a very slow paced game. Long horseback rides where you take in the scenery and are encouraged to make stops along the way to hunt, pick herbs, help NPCs etc.

If you wish to just power through the story missions you're setting yourself up for a terrible time!

Love how the story subtely foreshadowed Arthurs health issue. I think I noticed his coughing in a cutscene with Strauss in Chapter 4 and it just got progressively worse from there.
Also pretty cool to see Dutch progressively, just lose his mind basically, as he lost control of the gang and his plans to provide for said plan.

When I see what they've did with RDR2 I can't wait to see what they do with GTAVI
5/5

Main Thread

DyBculVXcAwbuJn.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
2019, lets-a fucking go!

Game 1: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One X)
46911781131_14233ba23e_o.jpg

The West...or at least whats left of it.

Wow. This has been a long time coming! (both the release of the game and my completion!)
The game is great and is a technical masterpiece. The Story is great but it does suffer from pacing issues, sometimes its right on the money but other times its slow af.
My main problem with RDR was that the beginning was super slow this has a similar issue but instead of confined to the beginning of the game its in spots from start to (almost) finish.

Also on Era the game gets dragged a lot because of its gameplay, if you have a serious problem with how say GTAV controls then you wont like this, if you are like me and are completely fine with it then no problem.
Also, executing a dude on the side of the road has never been as satisfying, pull up your mask, take out the revolver and fire.

The game has a great epilogue so dont forget to go back after the credits!

Game 2: Resident Evil 2 (PC)
46911781301_cb71464bd9_o.png

IncREdible.

This was my first time playing Resident Evil 2 although I did know some of the things going into the game but wow. The game is visually stunning and runs pretty easily on PC.
The gameplay is a mix of modern games but keeps the puzzles and running back and forth of the older RE titles.

RE7 was my favourite game in the series exactly because of that, a great blend of old and new but this game perfected that combination. I cant wait to see the inevitable Resident Evil 3 Remake and Resident Evil 8.

The only thing I would change is having the zombies take less shots (while decreasing the amount of ammo given to the players to balance that out, they feel like tanks sometimes). Also the game left me wanting for more but I guess thats not really an issue lol.

Game 3: Dead by Daylight (PC)
46911780901_57ec330078_o.jpg

EVERYONE IS HERE (except Jason)

So this game is not one I expected on picking up but after a sale and some friends jumping on the train I decided why not.
The game is a 4v1 title where one plays a killer as the rest try and survive and get out of this nightmare!

Its a fun game but after multiple hours you will be asking for a break since it only has one mode, what keeps it fresh is mainly the killers as they all have a specific thing.
Saw pig puts a trap on your head, Freddy is invisible until he puts you to sleep etc.

its a fun game and one that will be in the rotation of games when I play with others. playing it Solo isnt that fun tho and you shouldnt get it of that's what you plan on doing.

Game 4: Hitman 2 (Xbox One X)
46911781011_246389c8f3_o.jpg

Lets go kill some more baddies. Good luck, Agent 47.

like the previous title, go to places around the world, kill targets (any way you can think of!)
my only issue is that this entry doesn't do enough to evolve the game. Its literally (aside from some QOL) more Hitman 1.
Its cool that you can play all the previous missions in this newer versions but the new missions built for this game bring nothing really new its more of the same.
If you like that then great but as much as I enjoy Hitman i recommend you wait for a sale which im sure it will get during the regular sale periods.

Game 5: Spyro The Dragon (Xbox One X)
46911781511_b967d7fd9c_o.jpg

The cooler Playstation mascot.

Spyro is great but its also kind of repetitive. I think overall the game is good, nothing more but nothing less.

for a younger kid this could be a great add but thankfully the collection comes with the original three titles!

A great gift for younger kids or older fans of the purple dragon.

(He still better than Crash)

Game 6: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto (PC)
46914070501_b40abc01c3_o.jpg

One of a kind.

So this side story is pretty neat, you play as Prompto as he discovers who he really is and where he came from. This is known from the base game later on but this is how and when he found out.
The game also changes to a snowy environment which is pretty neat and has 2 bosses. Both are cool but the final boss has a downside where its essentially a turret section.

Thats unfortunate because I love the combat in FFXV and the base game proved you can have some pretty badass looking fights when fighting enemies this sized although I understand there is a difference between Noctis and Prompto.

The combat does see a difference, it goes from up close with swords to long distance with a variety of firearms, and this is cool but you can tell its not what the game was made for, it feels slow and just like it doesn't belong, a cool experiment but one
that just doesn't work out that well.

Overall its a neat story bit with 2 cool characters and interesting bosses but hindered by its final boss and the gunplay.

Game 7: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis (PC)
46914070471_8f4088232b_o.jpg

We all must make sacrifices.

Here we play as our boy Iggy as he tries to save Noctis after his big fight with the Leviathen in the main game. (a dope fucking fight may I add)
He goes fighting a bunch of enemies, makes friends? (frenemies?) and you see how Noctis made it out of that disaster in mainly one piece.

Unlike Prompto the combat that Iggy gives you is much more suited for the game and doesnt feel that out of place which is nice because he has a lightning ability that makes him move fast as fuck and
honestly reminded me of Sonic cartoons.

Overall its a neat story bit with 2 cool characters and interesting bosses but hindered by its length and overall kinda small scope.

Game 8: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus (PC)
33038746148_77105b85d5_o.jpg

A shield that is worthy.

Here we play as big boy Gladio. After being beaten in combat he goes to try and prove his worth in the trials of Gilgamesh.
Cor helps out and the duo make it trial by trial to see if Gladio is indeed worthy to protect the king.

its fun, has cool bosses and a variety of enemies. combat can be a bit repetitive because unlike the other 2 DLC's you only have one weapon (Ignis does too but you can give them different properties that used differently)

Overall its a neat story but with 2 cool chara- wait a minute...

Game 9: Monster Prom (PC)
47089308212_82f3f4c2ff_o.jpg

It was a graveyard smash!

Coming into the new year this is a game I DID NOT expect to play let alone own but since I was gifted it on Steam said why not!
I have mainly only done 3 person games so keep that in mind. (I dont think this game is as great if you play solo)

The game takes place in a Monster school as you try desperately to impress one of your classmates so you have a date ready for Monster Prom!! (or you can take yourself :P)
The game is fun with people as you can help (or hinder!) them to get date! Character will bring up other players and the game has a neat mini game to decide the order in which players
go each turn by giving them a prompt (ie Whats your favourite animal) and the players coming up with answers which they then decide among themselves which best fits the following question
(ie which animal would best describe Player 3).

The games art is great and the writing is fine (some could probably find some characters cringey tho, thankfully we didn't)

Overall its a pretty fun party game with a bunch of distinct characters and secret endings to discover! Id give it a shot, not everyone even has to own the game!! just jump in a discord call and you can set
a 2-4 person game locally while they choose the dialogue options.

Game 10: Crackdown 3 (Xbox One X)
47089308092_1fbdbb2359_o.jpg

Quack Quack Motherducker!

Its finally out and its more Crackdown.
This game online from what I see is getting a lot of mixed reactions from people. The critics really don't like it but a ton of players seemed to be enjoying it!
I think if you liked games like Saints Row 3/4 and obviously the previous Crackdowns you will enjoy it.

The gameplay is easy to understand and polished. The world can be a little empty but I expected a sandbox to play in and that's what I got so im not disappointed.
The game can honestly be a looker and you will just be like "damn...this game looks real nice" other areas can be met with "eh, its fine" reactions. The "it looks like a 360 game" comments are honestly just trolls so best to ignore them tbh.

The place where this game lacks is the depth of the multiplayer (there isn't a level or unlock system. What you get at the start is what you will have after 100hrs) and the campaigns finale. Its just not that impactful and ends like if you just did a regular mission instead of beat the top baddy.

This game is great fun and with Gamepass there isn't an excuse to try it out for those on Win10 PC's or on Xbox!

Game 11: Apex Legends (PC)
46417949644_b3f188ce95_o.jpg

I kill you im better.

Respawn did a fantastic job taking the gameplay from Titanfall and translating that to a fun and very polished battle royale.
There inst much to say about this game, the gameplay and visuals are great and really show what a AAA take on the genre can be.

As a plus its also completely free!!

Game 12: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate (Switch)
32450515327_dae5a98a67_o.jpg

a known super

Smash Bros is a pretty great series and is a must for any great party but as the 5th installment it does nothing to set it really apart from the previous entries.
The main thing is that EVERYONE IS HERE, this is super cool but at the end of the day they are all characters I have played. Yes we do have new characters added to the roster but the number is small.

the "story" mode is an absolute snore, I feel sad for anyone who actually sat and finished it. The gameplay is fine although it just feels like maybe a faster Smash 4.
If you find it on sale thats great, I personally wouldnt dream of buying this game at full price, thankfully I didnt have to.

Game 13: Tetris 99 (Switch)
33516247928_d07eb6c548_o.jpg

Where we droppin boys?

Tetris 99 is competitive Tetris with 98 other players (yeah this is pretty much Tetris BR)
currently its a Nintendo exclusive although hopefully eventually it reaches other platforms.

Tetris is a classic and with its fantastic gameplay I cant help but always push for one more try and being at the top of the Tetris hill.
Its fun and its free! so if you have Nintendo Online its a must get :D

Game 14: One Leaves (PC, 100%)
32450515397_42c7a24796_o.jpg

Pass the smoke...

So...this game is ass. Its short which is kind of them but its ass.

The game is an ad to combat smoking (specifically in teens). You may be wondering why the hell id play this and well...its because of the Xbox achievements (I played the Win10 version)
They are super easy with the hardest one being you have to speedrun the game (around 5mins a game). getting all achievements (that spicy 1000G!) it takes about 2-3hrs. I just popped some youtube videos and pretty much just played as I looked at the screen at the corner of my eye.

The game is garbage but if you want an easy 1000G its free and its not that broken, it didnt crash on me once and the achievements tracked correctly. I wouldnt reccomend this under any other circumstances tbh.

Game 15: Dig Dug (Xbox One X, 100%)
33607381038_8103dcce9f_o.jpg

Metro 1982

I originally wasnt going to put this game on the list because it doesnt really have an "end" as its an old arcade game but I decided to do it after I got all the Xbox Achievements for the game.
Its small, its Dig Dug and hey its pretty fun. The achievements are also pretty easy, only one that can take a handful of tries is to go over every block on a map which includes the empty spaces the game starts with.

not much to say its a neat game that I enjoyed on my Gameboy SP and that I enjoyed getting achievements on Xbox One.

Game 16: Fuzion Frenzy (Xbox One X)
33607374188_37581b89fb_o.jpg

Fuzion Party

This was essentially the Xbox version of Mario Party and Crash Bash back on Xbox. Its not as great as either of those but like most party games if you get some friends together this can be an absolute blast.
as its a pretty old game I recommend that how you play it, other than that its just ok. I dont find too much fun out of it and prefer Mario Party when it comes to playing it Singleplayer.

Decent game and pretty great with friends.

Game 17: The Witness (Xbox One X)
33607373698_c17ef9c931_o.jpg

0----------0

The Witness is a game that I always looked forward to playing by the visual style alone.
Was happy to see that when I opened it up that it delivered on that front but it also had some neat puzzles and delivered a great time for me just to unwind and play a podcast or some music while I solved some puzzles.
The enviroments were distinct and all had a certain flavour that I appreciated. The only things that take away from this game is the lack of Xbox One X support ( I got to also play it on PC and would have loved something similar on console)
and maybe some more direction on where to go. I found myself sometimes just walking around a pretty limited enviroment trying to find a puzzle I have done so it could lead me to a new area. Not asking for hand holding but just a more clear direction/path to new areas.

Game 18: Trackmania TM Turbo (Xbox One X)
33607373738_746c2b0cef_o.jpg

The Need for Speed

Its like playing with Hot Wheels and trying to go as fast as possible on some crazy courses. Its pretty fun and would reccomend for fans of the genre, specifically if it goes on sale which im sure it does every so often.
Its a pretty simple game and is just fine so not much to add.

Game 19: Overcooked (Xbox One X)
46760586134_d26020004d_o.jpg

A slice of friendship

So this game is pretty crazy. Its clearly intended to be played with other so I have experienced both 4 player coop and 2 player coop.
You try and prepare certain dishes as fast as possible (as well as being accurate). This of course leads to absolute mayhem in the kitchen (which can vary in environment to add to the mayhem and challenge)
Its a pretty great game but be ready to be yelling at your friend or SO as you try and deliver on the order!

Game 20: Mortal Kombat X (Xbox One X)
33607373808_a969bddb3f_o.jpg

X Gonna Give It To Ya

With Mortal Kombat 11 right around the corner I decided to jump into MKX and complete its story mode (plus play some of the other modes).
NetherRealms delivered on another great game although it doesn't reach the height of Injustice 2 its definitely a worthy pick up at the right price and a great fighting game to have on Gamepass which is where I got it.

MKX is great and the work they later did on Injustice 2 which I loved makes me very excited to see what they can pull of on Mortal Kombat 11. Let the tournament begin.

Game 21: What Remains of Edith Finch (Xbox One X, 100%)
33607373868_a3137d7cf1_o.jpg

Let me tell you a story...

So this a game I heard a lot about back when it first released but I just wasnt interested in picking it up. Later I noticed its on Xbox Gamepass so I decided to download as there was no harm trying it
especially with such a small play time (roughly 2hrs but can be faster) as well as a pretty easy achievement list.

This is a game best not spoiled imo so all I will say is that its worth it if you have Gamepass, find it on sale or if you have the Epic Store downloaded as its been given for free on that before.
I only hoped
Game 22: Rocket League (Xbox One X, 100% on PS4)
33607373878_476f94fbb3_o.jpg

Its like Soccer(and Basketball and Hockey)...but with cars.

I completed the Trophy list on the game back when it released but more recently downloaded the game to see what new stuff they had added to the game since the last time I really played it.
Its great fun especially with friends but I do find it to be something I get bored of later on and then I take a break whether thats a week or a month depends but after that im right back to scoring some goals.

Game 23 Kingdom Hearts 3 (Xbox One X)
46760586224_83095e2f9e_o.jpg

I was 7 when KH2 came out...

Its been so damn long since we had gotten a numbered release of Kingdom Hearts but it was worth the wait. Its one I really enjoyed and I plan on going back and getting that 100% completion once the game schedule relaxes (although it seems like even Summer will be busy :P)
The story at least in my opinion is more coherent then usual and the worlds it goes too are pretty decent. They do feel repetitive tho when you reach the half way point you already know the pattern each world will have which is unfortunate because all of them are really well done.
Also, thank you for adding Toy Story, its the one world I have wanted since I could remember and with the soon to be released Toy Story 4 its perfect.

The gameplay is solid, the music is great, visuals are top notch and hey you can even follow the story for the most part. (especially if you take 15-20mins to watch a video on Youtube)
Only downside is that the game is really easy. I would recommend either you turn it up higher than you usually would or just go in understanding that you are going in for a fun easy ride and not necessarily going to be challenged.
Also the addition of Hidden Mickeys in the game was great, I really enjoyed hunting them down and im currently sitting a 100% on that (NOTE: You need to collect a certain amount depending on difficulty chosen to unlock the secret ending)

Its great and im glad we have another addition to one of the most fun franchises around.

(...Donald pls heal me)

Game 24: Fifa 19 (Switch)
33607373888_eb4ccc3dfd_o.jpg

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

A sports game in my completed list :O

I don't usually pick these games up anymore, last time i paid for ones were back in NBA2K11,12 and 13.
I was able to get this from EA tho so hey a sports game on the go? ill take it.

The game has like usual a pretty great base and although its not as great as its big boy counterpart (the PS4 and Xbox One versions) I think its pretty great to pick up and play in bed or on the go.
I wouldnt reccomend getting it tho if you have FIFA 18 or if the price is still at $60USD since FIFA 20 is right around the corner anyways and that money could just get you the newest version which will play similar to this game anyways

Last edited:

vertThunder

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to do this in 2017 and then only beat like 15 games last year.

1) New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)
2) Aliens Colonial Marines (PC)
3) Aliens Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted (PC)
4) The Liar Princess & The Blind Prince (Switch)
5) Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
6) Mortal Kombat XI (PS4)
7) Reached max light in Destiny 2: Forsaken (PC)
8) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)
9) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (Switch)
10) Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
11) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)
12) Dragon Quest 1 (Switch)
13) Pokemon Shield (Main game) (Switch)

Last edited:

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Main Post Update Jan 28th

The Final Fantasy XV Update :D

Just finished all these today so its time to add them to the list.
I decided to add DLC to my list last year like the Spiderman PS4 DLC but I wont do that for everything. I spent roughly 2hrs with each of these DLC's and I know some games can last about that much so thats why I include them.
I dont expect to add more to updates like the on RE2 is getting later in Feb but who knows may the amount of content will prove to be worth a slot.

Game 6: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto (PC)
46914070501_b40abc01c3_o.jpg

One of a kind.

So this side story is pretty neat, you play as Prompto as he discovers who he really is and where he came from. This is known from the base game later on but this is how and when he found out.
The game also changes to a snowy environment which is pretty neat and has 2 bosses. Both are cool but the final boss has a downside where its essentially a turret section.

Thats unfortunate because I love the combat in FFXV and the base game proved you can have some pretty badass looking fights when fighting enemies this sized although I understand there is a difference between Noctis and Prompto.

The combat does see a difference, it goes from up close with swords to long distance with a variety of firearms, and this is cool but you can tell its not what the game was made for, it feels slow and just like it doesn't belong, a cool experiment but one
that just doesn't work out that well.

Overall its a neat story bit with 2 cool characters and interesting bosses but hindered by its final boss and the gunplay.

Game 7: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis (PC)
46914070471_8f4088232b_o.jpg

We all must make sacrifices.

Here we play as our boy Iggy as he tries to save Noctis after his big fight with the Leviathen in the main game. (a dope fucking fight may I add)
He goes fighting a bunch of enemies, makes friends? (frenemies?) and you see how Noctis made it out of that disaster in mainly one piece.

Unlike Prompto the combat that Iggy gives you is much more suited for the game and doesnt feel that out of place which is nice because he has a lightning ability that makes him move fast as fuck and
honestly reminded me of Sonic cartoons.

Overall its a neat story bit with 2 cool characters and interesting bosses but hindered by its length and overall kinda small scope.

Game 8: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus (PC)
33038746148_77105b85d5_o.jpg

A shield that is worthy.

Here we play as big boy Gladio. After being beaten in combat he goes to try and prove his worth in the trials of Gilgamesh.
Cor helps out and the duo make it trial by trial to see if Gladio is indeed worthy to protect the king.

its fun, has cool bosses and a variety of enemies. combat can be a bit repetitive because unlike the other 2 DLC's you only have one weapon (Ignis does too but you can give them different properties that used differently)

Overall its a neat story but with 2 cool chara- wait a minute...

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Post for Finished Games

So I decided as well to take part here. I will post an old post of mine. The next update for my games will be out soon.

Beaten:

header.jpg

Furwind
https://store.steampowered.com/app/881750/Furwind/
A nice short 2D platformer which even if repeat the same kind of levels a little, it was enjoyable for 2-4 hours. The Bosses was really fun.

header.jpg

Rift Keeper
https://store.steampowered.com/app/843360/Rift_Keeper/
If someone want to start his/her first Rogue-like game without a lot of fear, this is a suitable title. I died only 3 times aaaaand...finished the game in my 4th try. Very easy but fairly enjoyable even if repeat a little the same enemies and environments.

header.jpg

Iris.Fall
https://store.steampowered.com/app/907470/IrisFall/
A charming 3D Puzzle Adventure game with a gameplay merchanic using shadows. However the gameplay was ok and it was very short. Finished it in 3 hours I think or even less.

header.jpg

The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED]
https://store.steampowered.com/app/963450/The_Eternal_Castle_REMASTERED/
A very surprising great Action/Adventure Platformer game. It unique visuals and animations are glorious. The intro cinematic was SO GOOD!!! See the trailer to see what i mean.

header.jpg

The Darkside Detective
https://store.steampowered.com/app/368390/The_Darkside_Detective/
Got it from Humble Montly and tried it. Very nice Comedy Adventure game indeed. Short and to the point. Sadly a specific Bonus Case was a drag to finish and I am a little tired for another Pixel Videogame...

Playing:

header.jpg

Resident Evil Revelations 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/287290/Resident_Evil_Revelations_2__Biohazard_Revelations_2/
I am near the end of the 4th Episode and I want to finish the Extra Episodes. Great game with some really good nasty-looking enemies and with some boring sections sadly.

header.jpg

Purrfect Date
https://store.steampowered.com/app/520600/Purrfect_Date__Visual_NovelDating_Simulator/
Uuuuurrg....I only start playing it because I got it with Humble Monthly [again] and I saw the Positive reviews on Steam....I don't like the art style of the game, but I will try at least get 2-3 Ending because I am really freaking curious why it is so great...btw it seems it have 20 Endings. No way to get all of them.

header.jpg

Seasbed
https://store.steampowered.com/app/583090/SeaBed/
It have a interesting story for a yuri Visual Novel, but I will admit, I got bored a little and take my time with this one. No a NSFW VN.

card-overwatch-7eff92e1257149aa.jpg

Overwatch
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/
I got it with Humble Monthly as well and I play it sometimes. I love using Sombra mostly so far. If I can't use her, I select Genji. Great game!

header.jpg

Monster Prom
https://store.steampowered.com/app/743450/Monster_Prom/
In reality I finish it some time ago, but it got so many new updates with extra endings/costumes/items which I decided to start playing it again. Btw, a DLC is coming!!!! HYPE!!!

Start:

header.jpg

Onimusha: Warlords
https://store.steampowered.com/app/761600/Onimusha_Warlords/
Always wanted to play it on PS2, but I played other games and...oops! Now it is my chance! I heared great things for this.

header.jpg

YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/459080/YIIK_A_Postmodern_RPG/
I am really glad I will be able to play the game at last after a long time wait.....but I am now worried after I read some reviews. I liked playing the Demo, so maybe i will like the full game the same? I will see.

header.jpg

Subnautica
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/subnautica/home
Got it free on Epic Store, so I will give it a go just for the experience. Heared so many good things for it.

UU3K3G.png

Dungeons And Lesbians
https://noeybodys.itch.io/dungeonsandlesbians
Bought it on itch.io out of curiosity. it is only 4 dollars so no harm trying my luck. I love playing games totally blind in general. Especially unknown indie games.

header.jpg

NAIRI: Tower of Shirin
https://store.steampowered.com/app/802450/NAIRI_Tower_of_Shirin/
A enough unique looking Visual Novel to make me give it a go. Again, I will play the game without know nothing at all.

Last edited:

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Reading the rules just now (sorry about that...) I will claim this post for the games I finished.
In reality I finished more games, but I will start with these ones:

Furwind (PC)-----3 January-----4/5
Rift Keeper (PC)-----5 January-----4/5
Iris.Fall (PC)-----6 January-----3/5
The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] (PC)-----11 January-----4.5/5
The Darkside Detective (PC)-----17 January-----4/5
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (PC)-----19 January-----3/5
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PC)-----23 January-----4.5/5
Kate's Crush (PC)-----25 January-----4/5
Sanator: Chronicles of Royshtadt (PC)-----25 January-----4/5
Tunche: Arena (PC)-----26 January-----4/5
Onimusha: Warlords (PC)-----27 January-----3.5/5
Dungeons & Lesbians (PC)-----30 January-----4/5
PikuNiku (PC)-----31 January-----3.5/5
UNLOVED (PC)-----31 January-----3/5
Odd Island (PC)-----3 February-----3.5/5
Vision Soft Reset (PC)-----3 February-----3.5/5
El Phoxxxo Goes To School (PC)-----4 February-----4/5
Double Cross (PC)-----5 February-----4.5/5
Fear & Hunger (PC)-----6 February-----4/5
Psyvariar Delta (PC)-----8 February-----3.5/5
Puppy Love: Tonight's is the Night (PC)-----11 February-----4/5
Raiden III: Digital Edition (PC)-----11 February-----4/5

22 Total

My Posts:
VLog 1
VLog 2
VLog 3

Last edited:

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Btw, quick question:
Does DLC and Demos which act as prequels for a game count as finished games?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, quick question:
Does DLC and Demos which act as prequels for a game count as finished games?

It's up to you. Myself for example I counted The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, but didn't count the 1 shot demo for RE2. I also count dlc's separate if they're:
A. Big expansions like Awakening for Dragon Age Origins
B. I buy the dlc day 1 for a game like Spider-Man and play them as they come out.

Again these are just some guidelines I use, but in the end it's up to you on how/what you want to count.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
It's up to you. Myself for example I counted The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, but didn't count the 1 shot demo for RE2. I also count dlc's separate if they're:
B. I buy the dlc day 1 for a game like Spider-Man and play them as they come out.

Again these are just some guidelines I use, but in the end it's up to you on how/what you want to count.
Pretty much how I handle it as well.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

I finished Resedent Evil Revelations 2 some days ago, so i will put it as one entry in that case.
Thank you as well.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
14. Onimusha (2019 re-release)
header.jpg

I quite enjoyed my time with this game overall, helps that it was a short game, and that the combat was fast and easy to get into. I quite liked the game's simplicity and aim to replay it in the future.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
14. Onimusha (2019 re-release)
header.jpg

I quite enjoyed my time with this game overall, helps that it was a short game, and that the combat was fast and easy to get into. I quite liked the game's simplicity and aim to replay it in the future.

Glad Hearing that. I started playing Onimusha myself and I like it so far.
The camera angles can get a little annoying, but solid game from what I played.
I wish for the sequel coming soon on PC.
An Dino Crisis.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
header.jpg

n/a - due to it being super short
This is just one of those free game on Steam. It's super short and walking adventure game and maybe some sort of introduction to an actual game. It was ok, but I'd love to play an actual game and see how the story goes.

Overwatch-04.png

4.5/5
Been playing this on and off and while they added alot throughout the years, it's disappointing the community is still just as bad. Blizzard meanwhile still the same old when handling "balance". Pretty disappointing. I decided to really grind myself for better rank in competitive mode starting from this season through only solo queuing. This will be the game I'm playing often until FFXIV Stormblood finale patch drops.

Original post.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Main Post

Sunset_Overdrive_Concept_Design_Julien-Renoult_00-2.jpg

2 .Sunset Overdrive XB1 48 Hours DLC will be counted seperate 4.5/5
Sunset Overdrive was the game when I created my list to play mostly backlogged games the last 2 years.
I remember each time i started it something would get in the way where i would put it away and think I really enjoy that I should probably jump back in sometime.
This January was that moment and i had a great time with the humor and setting I was a punk rock kid with a mohawk so the music was hilarious as well as that cameo from a punk institution
Insominac layed the groundwork to make Spider Man with the traversal you really only wanna fast travel for collectables.
I feel like this game was always my favorite xbox exclusive before i played it this month outside forza horizon series.
The weapons are fantastic the hair spray bombs being my personal favorite it never got old for me taking on the wave of giant OD monsters and I kept thinking eventually this gets repetitive right?
I even finished the main game and went after the collectables just to see what other amps i can play with.
The story is nothing to get invested in FIZZCO IS EVIL...
the jokes and third wall breaking narratives are here for just enough details to keep you wall running and grinding
This all sounds fantastic you might be reading why no 5/5 .
Easy the early game before the air dash unlocks can make you feel like the game is way too slow and you just can't reach that item yet.
Unfortunately Chaos Squad is empty the multiplayer component similar to a Gears Horde mode has no one playing therefore you can't earn certain rewards or weapons it's really a shame I can never get a game going on Xbox Live.
I'm sittiing here writting this out struggling to remember just how little satisfaction that final boss battle is it's just OK which is a knock if your a game going for spectacle as that's what I'll take away from my time .
That combo of 415 in a buck national event/how many times i would redo the weapon challenges just to earn that precious Overcharge bonus/ that silly sense of being in high school with all the cliques and doing favors for all storyline
I think this game is just video game fun it was the right thing after a serious narrative like RDR 2 .
I also would say Sunset Overdrive will likely make me my best of the decade list.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Main Post

Sunset-Overdrive-Dawn-of-the-Rise-of-the-Fallen-Machines.jpg

3. Sunset Overdrive Dawn of the Rise of The Fallen Machines (DLC) (XB1) Jan 28 4 hours 2/5
Go to a Fizzco cafe the map said and I ended up doing the 2nd dlc first by mistake since both say Go to a Fizzco cafe
There is a clever weapon added that plays much like the Gears hammer moments. a new collectable and a awesome boss battle if you enjoyed Sunset TV.
However 2 things drag the experience down.
1. I didn't say this in my thoughts on the main game the Fizzco security bots are the most boring enemies they lack any personality and fighting only them for 85% of this dlc is a letdown.kudos for adding 2 new types but they weren't interesting either
2. I really appreciated the Katmari attempt but it was probably the most frustrating part of the game to defeat enemies on a timer while maintaining your charge i just didn't enjoy it and wanted to finish this dlc as quick as I could

I will also point out it feels unfinished there are areas for characters in the game but those NPC'S are missing in this dlc story if you told me this got cut for a release date and was never touched again I would believe you

I only got one new weapon that is nothing more than a cloud I did feel let down after the high of the main game.
Definitely a shame for this to be the final memory of Sunset Overdrive outside a fun ending of this dlc
It's fair to say you could skip it

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Main Post

Scale:
1-2: One of the worst games I've ever played, probably won't see this number. I can only hope.
3: Bad game but has some good qualities that redeem it slightly.
4: Below average, more bad than good. Has a decent amount of good qualities however.
5: Perfectly balanced, the Thanos of video games. Equal amounts good and bad.
6: Good game, enjoyed my time with it. Far too many problems to ignore however.
7: Good game, solidly above average. Few things hold it back from that great tier.
8: Great game, well above average. An 8 is a really good score for me, probably means it's in my top ~15 of it's gen. It's problems are just enough to keep it from being elite.
9: Elite game, probably in my top 30-40 all time. Has a couple of problems that are too noticeable for me to give it a 10.
10: An all timer, probably in my top 10 all time. If it has any problems they don't really detract from the experience.

Game | Estimated hours | Rating | Date completed/added

witcher-3-vr.jpg

01. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | ~90 hours | 9.5/10 | 1/?/19

Man, I could pour love into this game for days. It's an all timer for sure. The only thing that keeps it from a 10 is something fixed in at least the Hearts of Stone DLC, boss fights/meaningful combat encounters. Any of the other problems never detracted from the experience, combat is not it's strength but it was perfectly serviceable and never kept me from wanting to play. Funnily enough, the first time I ever tried TW3 I hated it and just didn't get into it. I'm not sure of my reasoning but it's what happened. Since then, I've been even more open to re-trying games in the future because my 2nd (and 3rd) attempts with it were just a blast. I've never loved a cast of characters more and I will forever cherish my moments with Geralt, Triss, Yen, Ciri, Vesemir, Zoltan, Dandelion, etc etc etc. It's a long list of lovable characters. And some that are easy to hate, but always when intended. The side quests and side characters you meet along the way are more well written than entire other games at times. The Bloody Baron quest, which starts as a main quest but is optional to finish, is one of the best written video game segments ever.

The dialogue was just so good in this game as well, and I really felt the consequences of my choices. There were times I literally had to pause and reflect on the dialogue choice I was making, thinking of how this outcome would go or if I'd make a character upset. Geralt could be in an argument with Yen and I would sit there and think about my choice so much just to make sure I didn't piss her off because I didn't want to see Yen angry. I love this game, and it's one of my GOATs. I eagerly anticipate Cyberpunk 2077 (and the future of The Witcher franchise).

ss_f0c1b0b1cae3b85dd4db7950363dea19060d9a52.1920x1080.jpg

02. The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Expansion | ~15 hours | 10/10 | 1/?/19

Fixed the one issue I had in the base game with some really cool boss fights/encounters. Even better written than the base game. Probably the GOAT DLC I've ever played, but might be topped by Blood & Wine soon. Olgierd, Gaunter O'Dimm, Vlodimir and Iris make for a very interesting new main cast of characters while Shani returns from previous games. Not much else to say, there was no new locations or anything added, just an absolutely incredible main quest that I'd say is the single best written piece of video game content ever. Well, that I've played.

heroes-c08aa560b2f9c15ffaaa5f81446e8902734065ba71b1251af24e150857bc2f8d57bea402102296978eacde2577a33bafe813511f382c330356ce33f4204405ed.jpg

03. Overwatch | ~250 hours overall, ~20 hours this year | 8.5/10 | 1/29/19

I don't know the standard policy for counting online games, if you only count them for one year or if you play it for multiple years and count it every time. I've been playing Overwatch since launch, but since this is my first year doing this challenge I'll count it anyways. It's one of my favorite online games ever, but not quite in the very top tier (like the next game). It juuuust misses out due to some issues with comp play. And these are very big issues, as otherwise the game is pretty flawless. Comp can just be such a shitty experience, and not just due to the players but due to the meta and the way the game is designed.

Enough complaining though, Overwatch has one of the most colorful casts of characters there is, my picture at the top is only the base game too and there's been many heroes added since. So many different playstyles to be had, and I can always find a hero to scratch my itch. If I've thought "I want to play a ___ style of playing" there's usually a hero that you can do that with. The Overwatch League is also my favorite esports league/tournament out there, and since that is spawned from this game I feel I should give credit to it for that. I love Overwatch and see myself still playing it for years to come.

rl_screen3.0.jpg

04. Rocket League | ~500 hours overall, ~10 hours this year | 9/10 | 1/29/19

Top 3 online games of all time, unfortunately just like with Overwatch I have one really big problem with the game, in this case it's the connection. I used to think it was me but I get much better connection on EVERY other online game. In Rocket League my ping is almost always 30-50 ms higher than any other online game. I don't know why this happens, but it annoys me to no end. I get a fair amount of lag issues which really detract from the experience and have made me play less and less as time's gone on. Other than that, it's a very simple yet addictive gameplay loop that feels perfectly rewarding and skill based. I can't believe I got this game for free from PS+. Literally the best value of all time.

Currently playing/up next: Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster, Marvel's Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 2, The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine expansion, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Main Post part 1

-------

5. Insecticide Part 1 - 2 hours
A glorified paid demo for the game that was canceled and never came out. It's a shame because this weird mix of adventure and arcade 3D platforming genres clearly had potential, and artstyle with world and characters design is pretty good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #20 - Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
Time: 18 hours (Leon A / Claire B)

Absolutely amazing remake of a classic, and quite possibly one of the best Resident Evil games now (well, 2 was already one of the, if not the best, so that's not a stretch), Capcom nailed this remake, just as much if not more so than they did with the remake of 1. Gorgeous graphics, fantastic sound design that has you on the edge of your seat all the time with the constant ambient sounds everywhere freaking you out, the same puzzle based, backtracking gameplay you love but with modern controls, a lenghty campaign between both characters if you choose to explore, or a fast paced frenetic game if you want to go for good scores, and of course, Mr X stalking your dreams make this package just a absolute must buy. One of those games you play and you imediatly think "this will be in whatever game of the year list I cook up later this year", just fantastic.

Main Post

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
Reserved.

Currently Playing:

1. Black Desert Online
2. Dragon Spear

Completed:

1. Bright Memory - Episode 1 | January 30, 2019 - 1 hour | 4/5
2. Shutter | January 30, 2019 - 50 minutes | 4/5
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider | February 2, 2019 - 10 hours | 4.5/5
4. SCP 022 | February 3, 2019 - 25 minutes | 3.5/5
5. Hitman | February 5, 2019 - 9 hours | 4.5/5
6. Life is Strange | February 11, 2019 - 13 hours | 4.5/5
7. Crackdown 3 | February 19, 2019 - 8 hours | 4.0/5
8. Dead or Alive 6 | March 5, 2019 - 2 hours | 4.5/5
9. Stories Untold | March 27, 2019 - 3 hours | 3.0/5
10. What Never Was | March 27, 2019 - 30 minutes | 4.0/5
11. Resident Evil HD Remaster | April 17, 2019 - 11 hours | 4.5/5
12. Mortal Kombat 11 | April 26, 2019 - 7 hours | 4.5/5

Retired:

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | January 5, 2019 - 15 hours | #FuckKojima/5
2. Dead Rising | February 8, 2019 - 2 hours | 2.5/5

3. Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void | February 10, 2019 - 1 hour | 3.0/5
4. State of Decay 2 | February 13, 2019 - 4 hours | 3.5/5

Last edited:

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
SQ_NSwitch_SuperMarioOdyssey.jpg

11. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) | 30th Jan - 12 hrs | 5/5
I bought SMO when it first came out and messed with it a little. Finally got back to it. Really glad I did. New Donk City level was just ridiculous on how good it was. Whole game was just charming and fun. Loved the ending. Doubt I get all the moons because damn, there are a lot.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4. Bloodborne - 30/01/2019

I was worried for a bit that I was getting sick and tired of what I previously thought to be the game of the generation, but I think it's more that I'm really stressed out over school and can't really invest myself in a game as visceral and high octane as Bloodborne at the moment.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Glad Hearing that. I started playing Onimusha myself and I like it so far.
The camera angles can get a little annoying, but solid game from what I played.
I wish for the sequel coming soon on PC.
An Dino Crisis.
Having to upgrade the orbs to unlock doors is another major bummer but at least it makes the special attack stronger a bit.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really expecting to do this. But since In Order to do this you just have to finish 4 games a month, and then sneak in 4 more somewhere over the year, I am on track so far.

Game 1: Spyro: Enter the Dragon from the Spyro trilogy - January 1
Game 2: Red Dead Redemption 2 - January 13
Game 3: Smash Brothers Ultimare: played through the world of light 100% completion
Game 4: Gears of War Ultimate on co-op on insane. -January 22

Currently working on: Moss, Kingdom Hearts 3, Call of Duty 4 remastered, Captain toad

Update: ok, I've fallen off the pace a bit, lol.
Game 5: BloodStained: Curse of the Moon February 8
Game 6: Kingdom Hearts 3 March 1
Game 7: Crackdown 3 - March 8
Game 8: Hellblade: Setsuna's Sacrifice - March 30
Game 9: Hue - April 3
Game 10: Abzu - April 4

About to start Vampyre.

Last edited:

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Main Post

43783149724_400f617f56_o-755x425.jpg

05. Marvel's Spider-Man | ~20 hours | 8/10 | 1/31/19

*SPOILER WARNING*

Fantastic game. I'm amazed at how good the story was in this game, really never would've expected it from Insomniac. Way back when I first heard the game announced I figured it'd be a fun game and was definitely excited for it, but I didn't expect them to do such a good job on a Spider-Man story. I'm a big Spidey fan, second only to Batman for me, and this was done faithfully, but different. I loved it.

Otto's story was heartbreaking weirdly enough, and I found myself sympathizing with him up until the end, at which point you (and Peter) realize he's too far gone. I thought they handled Miles, MJ, and May all really well too which pleases me greatly. Stan Lee's cameo was hilarious if not kinda sad due to it being one of his last cameos ever (and it may have been his last to release while alive?).

One of the most interesting things to me was the way they handled Norman, as someone who didn't keep up much with the press after the initial reveals (I didn't need any more than that) I was very surprised. I don't know if they revealed he would Mayor or not, but that caught me by surprise. And it was an interesting take on his character, between he, Otto, and Li's dynamic. Overall, this was a very well done take on Spidey and I'm super pleased with it. The only downsides were the repetitive side content and disappointing boss fights. I did enjoy some of the side content (like the backpacks) but that was generally just due to the little nuggets of backstory. There was never really anything special to said content. I did enjoy the Doc Ock boss fight, not very mechanically intensive but cinematic as hell and generally enjoyable. The rest of the boss fights were kind of meh, they did have the cinematics but not the buildup of an entire game like the Doc Ock fight did.

Can't wait for the sequel!

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
This is the year, I know it.

Game #1. Kingdom Hearts 2.
Playtime. 29 hours.
Score 7/10
My Journey Through all of Kingdom Hearts continues. It´s a good game with some big problems and some really cool stuff. Time for a break and then whatever is next in release order.

Game #2. Devil May Cry 5 | 18.03.2019
Playtime. 11 hours.
Score 8/10
New Devil May Cry, feels good man. Plays great, looks great (except the environments kinda blend together after a while).

Game #3. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney | 22.04.2019
Playtime: 14 hours
Score 8/10
Played the first game and part of the second 3-4 years ago. Replaying the first, still loving it, surprised how much i had actually forgotten.

Game #4. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Justice for All | 29.04.2019
Playtime: 19 hours
Score 8/10
I played this game years ago but stopped somewhere in the 3rd case back then for some reason and never continued. Now i replayed and finished it on the Switch. Still Phoenix Wright, still great.

Game #5. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations | 11.05.2019
Playtime: 22 hours
Score 9/10
And with this game the original trilogy is over. I love this game. The music was just stupid good. Loved the new characters as well old ones appearing again. The cases were fun. The emotions felt made me a bit teary eyed.

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
#5 Dead Space 2 - 8.0 PS3 - Jan 26th - 7 hours
Replay. Just as good as I remember. Tense atmosphere, intese action

#6 DmC Definitive Edition - 7.0 PS4 - Jan 31st - 26 hours
Normal -> Dante Must Die completed + DLC. The combat is not as good as the main games but still fun and better than most games. While I enjoyed the combat the game interrupts it too often with cutscenes even in the middle of combat sections, and there is way too much platforming

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Main Post

#5. Gorogoa (Switch)

Man, what a trip this game is. Great art style, unbelievably clever puzzles. The story is vague, but still managed to have some emotional impact on me... certainly more than something like the way-too-vague-to-care Monument Valley.

And with that, the month's a wrap. 52 games a year averages out to 4.3 games per month, and I managed to beat 5 in January which is on pace. I think that going forward, I'll probably make a habit of knocking out a few short games at the beginning of each month to ensure that I'll stay on pace even if I get absorbed into a single long game for the rest of the month (Currently 25+ hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I still have a loooong way to go...).

For February I'll try to finish Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Shenmue 2, Bean Dreams and Life is Strange: Before the Storm at the very least.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Post for Finished Games
Previous VLog

Second VLog for the games which steal my attention. Even if I said I will start some specific games, I end up playing other games ,hahaha!!! At least I am trying to stay on my Program.

Beaten:

DyMgkZdXcAQA1ux.jpg

Dungeons & Lesbians
https://noeybodys.itch.io/dungeonsandlesbians
You know, the first entry of my post was at first "YIIK: A Postmodern RPG". But I change it because I wanted to first see the unique experience I felt with this Visual Novel. No, the image is not photoshopped. Yes, you see a rock which look like a lot like The Rock. Did I saw this CourtRoom somewhere as well? You get idea. It is filled with this kind of moments which made me feel fear to select the opinion which said "something, something OBAMA". But with all honesty for what is it, it was nice. Decent Lesbian girls to hook up with, some funny moments and Jimothy. I can't sadly stab Jimothy...

ss_07b2b71a98afdf3179dfb9f16366b457962451f1.600x338.jpg

YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/459080/YIIK_A_Postmodern_RPG/
Well...I am one of the people who waiting the game to come and rock my world with its unique Visuals and lovable music. by just looking the image above you see the love and care the Devs show to the game...Sadly everything fall apart with its gameplay. Playing for the majority of the game the same mini-games to do damage or to defend and dodge over and over again and with the addition of enemies which have ton of health....a gave up. So I decided at least to see what happened with the story by watching a let's play on Youtube. With all honesty, the story as a whole have a charm on it and it have some nice moments on it. Plus I liked the main characters, even Alex at some extend. Having said that, I recommended to play the game only if it is Free. Yeah, it sucks, but at least I enjoyed the ending.

ss_4977dc5b787f0818b06d1f3589858dce1ad358eb.600x338.jpg

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 *Main and Extra Episodes*
https://store.steampowered.com/app/287290/Resident_Evil_Revelations_2__Biohazard_Revelations_2/
So at last finished Episode 4 and I wasn't so happy with the whole story. Yes, I knew already it was enough cliche from the beginning, but the ending was also so predictable. Anyway, very good game even saying that and ready to play the extra episode. But first I took a sudden decision to play Raid Mode. O.M.G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of the best modes I ever played in a RE game!!!! It is so addictive and it have such a great fast arcade gameplay that made me play the game nearly every day!!!! After so many hours of Raid Mode, I at last had time to play the extra Episodes "The Struggle" and "Little Miss". They drain my excitement for this game.....
"The Struggle" was weird trying to find food and survive playing some sections from the original game and "Little Miss" was the worst RE DLC I ever played. This was also the reason to stop playing. I already had enough. So, play the main episodes, ignore the extra ones. Great game as I said. I need to see Glasps again some day.

ss_b2764fb861d2b2085a8d61c6aa04f8cc9f0ed966.600x338.jpg

Sanator: Chronicles of Royshtadt
https://store.steampowered.com/app/650330/Sanator_Scarlet_Scarf/
Please ignore the title which have in its Steam page, because the real title is the one I wrote above. This small game act as a prequel for the main game which will come in the future. From the little I played [less than a hour to finish the game], I really like it. The characters are likeable, nice visuals and the lore of the game very intriguing. Plus it have a very cool extra section which is cool as hell. I won't spoil it to you. For sure I will buy it. But for now play the game because it is free!!! Go, go, go!!!!

header.jpg

Tunche: Arena
https://store.steampowered.com/app/906200/Tunche_Arena/
Another game I played out of the blue cause it is related with the Full game "Tuche". It was created to show what kind of game is and convince us to become backers for their Kickstarter. It took me half a hour to finish the Horde mode and beat the Real Boss [it had also a Mini-Boss as well]. Very good controls and very nice fighting animations. Also it is Free again. If you like this and want to support the development of the Full game, go back them! Finally I just learn the Devs updated their game and have a second character for us to play!!! Cool!!!

ss_3a6ebd20c49acc3f46ee3c38a1a8894cbc782a79.600x338.jpg

Onimusha: Warlords
https://store.steampowered.com/app/761600/Onimusha_Warlords/
I didn't expected to be so short to be honest. But nevertheless, it was a good game. It would be greater if the controls wasn't so simplistic and an flying Boss I encounter wasn't SO freeaking annoying....Loved the cheesy dialogs and of course the voice acting of the Demon Scientist.

DyM7r6BXQAAH4Sp.jpg

Kate's Crush *NSFW Videogame*
https://bambiedev.itch.io/kates-crush
A short Twine I decided to play cause of its promise I read into the description: An interactive fiction about having a massive crush on a cute girl. Also: lesbian sex, succubus, BDSM, anger issues, pumpkin spice latte, and sidecuts. Of course I was curious!!! I enjoyed it, minus some really strange bugs which broke my game 2 times I think. You can play it for free online.

header.jpg

UNLOVED
https://store.steampowered.com/app/321270/UNLOVED/
This is a remake of a Mod for DOOM 2. Bought it for 2.50 euros, so no harm trying it. Play it for 3 hours...and I finished. Seriously, it is just barely ok...You just find the same waves of monsters over and over again which isn't so bad mind you. The real bad thing is for searching for these colorful damn keys to progress. I swear to God I played one map for HALF HOUR to find ONE KEY!!!But as I said I paid like I paid to drink a coffee. No regrets. Play it if you don't want to drink coffee.

header.jpg

Ion Maiden *Doesn't count*
https://store.steampowered.com/app/562860/Ion_Maiden/
Calm down please!!! I don't really finished Ion Maiden cause of course it is still in Early Access, so it doesn't count yet. A recent update which offered a new Map was available, so of course i start playing it. 3 new enemies if i remember correctly and a really cool end fight. Also I played a little Endless Mode. Still fun.

Playing:

header.jpg

Pikuniku
https://store.steampowered.com/app/572890/Pikuniku/
Just look at this little red fucker. It is so CUTE!!! Started playing and even if I played only few hours, I think I am close to the end. So far it is a charming simple platformer.

ss_f764588d94c0c184d954d100c9b6688bf6770b94.600x338.jpg

Seabed
https://store.steampowered.com/app/583090/SeaBed/

Yeaaaaaah...still didn't touched from the day I said I will continue playing it, because...

ss_611a8420e05aeb7a771e164c7762abcd28b80e95.600x338.jpg

Purrfect Date
https://store.steampowered.com/app/520600/Purrfect_Date__Visual_NovelDating_Simulator/
...because I started playing the Cat Dating game....and with all honesty...it is interesting. Stay with me on this one. I manage to finish one time the game and I fall in love with a cat I guess. However I start the game and said it is Chapter 2? "Wtf?" I said to myself and continue and...oh boy...this get a little wild, so some minor spoilers:
The new game start as Chapter 2 because it continue the story, but with other scientist you select. You can't select the old one. Do you know why? Because simply you see the old scientist as cat!!!Yes! Every action you took previously, carry on to the next Chapters which are 6 in total! But as I said I think it have 20 Endings.....so what will happen if I finished all the Chapters?
For the above spoiler I wrote I will continue for sure. The art still not for me sadly...

ss_da398bf572dc6acc61a1eef18f521a93c1e36c1b.600x338.jpg

Monster Prom *Maybe it would count as Beaten*
https://store.steampowered.com/app/743450/Monster_Prom/
Like with the game "Seabed", I didn't touched yet. For sure in the next days. I MUST SEE THE NEW ITEMS AND EVENTS!!!!

Overwatch-Zenyatta-image.jpg

Overwatch
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/
I decided to select a new character. The Robot Monk specifically, Zenyatta. Very dope so far. Maybe I will use another healer next time.

Start:

Subnautica
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/subnautica/home
Still on my list to start it, but I just learned it have a new DLC. Maybe I will buy this first, THEN start. Will see.

ss_d9708032fc310995f946e0d98bc4ae53b237ebb9.600x338.jpg

Nairi: Tower of Shirin
https://store.steampowered.com/app/802450/NAIRI_Tower_of_Shirin/

Also this is my next VN I will play.

header.jpg

Resident Evil HD REMAKE
https://store.steampowered.com/app/304240/Resident_Evil__biohazard_HD_REMASTER/
Well, OF COURSE I will play the original game [not original original] after I get addictive to RE:R2. Can't wait!!!

header.jpg

Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition
https://store.steampowered.com/app/637650/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION/
Jesus. The title is AWFUL!!! Still trying to install it and start this beast!!! I hope to enjoy it!

header.jpg

Fear & Hunger *NSFW Videogame*
*No site, NSFW Pictures inside*
An Interesting title I was waiting to buy for sometime. It combine survival horror and dungeon crawling. We will se how it is.

Last edited:

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
15. Lumino City (PC) | 27th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5

This looks fab, thanks for mentioning it.

header.jpg

GAME #04: Dead Cells
Motion Twin - PC - ★★★★☆

Completion State:
Completed the game and saw most of the levels (33 hours 49% Steam achievements)

Comments:
I've never played a roguelike before so didn't quite know what to expect from Dead Cells. Intrigued by the word of mouth and the excellent art style I dove right in and quickly came to love the snappy combat and movement. Moving across the environment taking out the reasonable variety of enemies types with any number of weapons and traps always felt good. Times when I only intended to have a quick run, or part of a run, quickly turned into an hour or more of play often culminating in a nagging desire for "just one more go" even after making good progress.

Whilst this is always the mark of a great game for me it does also clearly show off the biggest issue with the game (perhaps even genre?), the runs feel like they can simply take too long. My first full run that ended in successfully killing the final boss took one hour and twenty minutes despite knowing the earlier levels and bosses well (I'd played 27 hours at that point!). I'm sure that my time can be lowered significantly but having to play around an hour to get to the final boss again did get a little frustrating a couple of times. The procedural generation of levels simply can't craft enough variation whilst remaining playable. This is offset of course by having some nicely themed environments, nearly enough enemy variety across the piece and a metric shitload of weapons and traps to try.

This variety of weapons and traps, how well they are balanced and just how many ways you can combine their different traits to devastating effect really is quite astonishing. Combine that with the aforementioned snappy combat and general feel and I can forgive the long run times because they just feel so good. Time and consequence be damned!

There's probably something to be said here as well about the amount of cells required to unlock stuff and the rate at which you earn them but as someone largely unacquainted with the genre I'm not sure my expectations are set quite right. One thousand cells seem an awful lot to unlock a particular thing but then again the pay off is excellent. Ho hum. Economies in games are hard!

Overall an excellent game, one that I imagine I will return to semi-regularly just for the joy of just one more run...

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I literally finally beat the game in nightmare mode. Pretty much agree with everything stated. The combat is snappy and smooth. The music and art style is on point. The little lores here and there have me intrigued enough for me to want learn more about this world.

I've been hooked and now that I've beaten it in the highest difficultly, it's time to finally put this game down lol.