• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 4 days, 1 hour, 54 minutes, 46 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

52 Games. 1 Year. 2020.

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

A thread for people that are trying to play 52 games in a year. Tell us how you're doing and what you are going to play next - claim a post and update us on your progress.

How do I take part?
Claim a post (you may need two later). Write down each game and your thoughts about each one. In order to allow for yearly statistics please list your completions, using the following exact format using a spoiler block, somewhere on your main posts;

[SPOILER="All completions!"]
1. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (PC) | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5
2. Snipperclips (Switch) | 6th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5
3. Doki Doki Literature Club! (PC) | 12th Jan - 4.2hrs | 4/5
[/SPOILER]

What goes before/after the above spoiler block doesn't matter, so please feel free to go excessive and extravagant with personalized list, image and review formats as usual!

If you only provide the game title that is fine, but please follow the format as show (<number>. <title> (<platform>) | <date> - <hours> | <score/5>) where giving details. Mistakes will make the parser unhappy and may mean your data gets skipped. If you're giving scores, please try to adopt/translate into a scaling system out of 5 (sorry if this is painful).

What is the benefit of the spoiler block living in my post?
If there's enough utilization of the format across posts I'll use it to populate statistics to share such as what game's are most played, enjoyed, loathed, average completions, hours completing, etc. The world together will be ours.

Anything new this year?
Those that beat the challenge last year will remain in the Hall of Fame, for eternal glory, and further yearly completions will see their medal increment as a badge of honor for long term backlog-beating consistency.

How do I know when I've completed a game?
That's up to you, it could be completing the game or playing 3hrs+ if it has no ending or is a MP game. You can do replays, as long as all the games are completed in 2019.

Do I have to record time?
No, though most platforms (Steam, Xbox, Nintendo, etc) will now do it for free!

Do I have to review or comment on the games I complete?
Not required but very much welcomed. A few words and maybe a quick score does wonders to share your impressions with other users as you go. Full blown mini-reviews aren't necessary.

Do episodic games count as a single game or X amount of games?
That's up to you. It's alright to count something like Life is Strange as one or five games. Your choice.

Can I finish a game I started in 1998 and count that?
Yes.

What should I do once I've completed the challenge?
Shoot me a DM with a link to your post that shows all the games you've completed. I'll make you thread famous.

Do board games count?
They do not. Vidya games only in here.

What are those medal icons I see on avatars?
That's the 52 Games Challenge Medal, achieved by beating the challenge on a given year. The number within the medal represents each year you've beaten the challenge since 2018. That's right, consistency and commitment comes with glorious numerical rewards.

Woah that medal is super cool, can I get one for my full sized avatar?
It's awesome you want to rep the thread, so sure here's a version you can slap on!

Is there a deadline?

Archive: 2017, 2018, 2019 (shout out to VisceralBowl for the 2017 thread)

The brave individuals that overcome the challenge for 2020;

(no-one yet!)

And below are the legacy participants who haven't (yet) overcome the challenge this year;

Here lists those that have risen to the challenge during this or prior years! If you see yourself beating the challenge, please remember to send me a DM with your post once you’re done!

Last edited:

Aquova

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I previously managed to play 53 games back in 2017, but I skipped the last two years. Finally, I've recovered enough and gained a large enough backlog to give it another go.

I'm also going to give a ranking out of 5, with a 2.5/5 being the world's most average game. I think I'll also do monthly recap posts about my thoughts on the games.

January
I. Superhot - PC - 1 January 2020 - 2.3 hours - 4/5
II. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Switch - 4 January 2020 - 3/5
III. Gris - PC - 4 January 2020 - 2.75 hours - 4.5/5

System Totals
PC - 2
Switch - 1

Currently Playing
Stardew Valley
Luigi's Mansion 3
Skies of Arcadia: Legends

1. Superhot (PC) | 1st Jan - 2.3hrs | 4/5
2. Link's Awakening (Switch) | 4th Jan | 3/5
3. Gris (PC) | 4th Jan - 2.75hrs | 4.5/5

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

Oct 27, 2017
After completing 65 games in 2018 and 73 games in 2019, I'm back to try my hand at 2020. But I'm going to change the way I mark my completing games. I'm going to borrow Gamexplain's review format.

1: The Walking Dead A New Frontier. End: 1/1/2020. 8 Hours. Liked.
2: The Walking Dead Michonne. End: 1/1/2020. 4 Hours. Meh.
3: Crash Bandicoot. End: 1/4/2020. (No idea). Liked.
4: Super Lucky's Tale. End: 1/4/2020. 13 Hours. Liked.
5: What Remains of Edith Finch. End: 1/5/2020. 2 Hours. Liked.
6: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. End: 1/5/2020. 5 Hours. Liked.
7: Dragon Quest. End: 1/7/2020. 6 Hours. Liked.
8: Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. End: 1/11/2020. 4 Hours. Liked.
9: Dragon Quest II. End: 1/12/2020. 9 Hours. Liked.
10: Secret of Mana. End: 1/18/2020. 14 Hours. Liked-A-Lot.
11: Ninja Gaiden II. End: 1/19/2020. 11 Hours. Loved.
12: Batman: The Telltale Series. End: 1/20/2020. 10 Hours. Liked.

Last edited:

Lucock

Jan 15, 2018
52 Games. 1 Year. 2018.
52 Games. 1 Year. 2019.

Game 1: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Gold Edition - PC (Steam) - 4:00 Hours - 01/01/2020

Game 2: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword - PC (Steam) - 42 Minutes - 02/01/2020

Game 3: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown - PC (Steam) - 6:24 Hours - 08/01/2020

Game 4: Hitman: Codename 47 - PC (Steam) - 6:48 Hours - 09/01/2020

Game 5: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - PC (Steam) - 11:00 Hours - 18/01/2020

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
15/52

January:

1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit | PC | 01/01/2020 | ★★★☆☆
  2. KAMIKO | Switch | 01/01/2020 | ★★★☆☆
  3. A Normal Lost Phone | PC | 02/01/2020 | ★★☆☆☆
  4. Stories Untold | PC | 03/01/2020 | ★★★★☆
  5. Blazing Chrome | PC | 06/01/2020 | ★★★★☆
  6. Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story | PC | 07/01/2020 | ★★☆☆☆
  7. Arrog | PC | 07/01/2020 | ★★☆☆☆
  8. The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game | PC | 07/01/2020 | ★★★☆☆
  9. Life is Strange 2 | PC | 10/01/2020 | ★★★★☆
  10. A Short Hike | PC | 10/01/2020 | ★★★★☆
  11. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 | Game Boy | 11/01/2020 | ★★☆☆☆
  12. Wonder Boy in Monster Land | Master System | 11/01/2020 | ★★★☆☆
  13. The Ninja | Master System | 11/01/2020 | ★★★☆☆
  14. Sonic Chaos | Master System | 13/01/2020 | ★☆☆☆☆
  15. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble | Game Gear | 13/01/2020 | ★★☆☆☆

Currently Playing:
  • DOOM | PC
  • Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride | DS
  • Paper Mario | N64
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard | PC
  • Super Mario 3D World | Wii U

1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PC) | 1st Jan | 3/5
  2. KAMIKO (Switch) | 1st Jan | 3/5
  3. A Normal Lost Phone (PC) | 2nd Jan | 2/5
  4. Stories Untold (PC) | 3rd Jan | 4/5
  5. Blazing Chrome (PC) | 6th Jan | 4/5
  6. Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story (PC) | 7th Jan | 2/5
  7. Arrog (PC) | 7th Jan | 2/5
  8. The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game (PC) | 7th Jan | 3/5
  9. Life is Strange 2 (PC) | 10th Jan | 4/5
  10. A Short Hike (PC) | 10th Jan | 4/5
  11. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy) | 11th Jan | 2/5
  12. Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Master System) | 11th Jan | 3/5
  13. The Ninja (Master System) | 11th Jan | 3/5
  14. Sonic Chaos (Master System) | 13th Jan | 1/5
  15. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (Game Gear) | 13th Jan | 2/5

Last edited:

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Main thread
2018: 64 Games | Part 1 | Part 2
2019: 65 Games | Thread

COMPLETED [10]

a
#1: Sonic the Hedgehog (1-2-2020) | 8/10 | Genesis Mini | ~ 2 Hours | Recommend: Y
# Overall -8 | A fun platformer with unique ideas and large areas to explore
Gameplay - 8| Game controls well and when you get into a good flow it feels fantastic. Enemies are okay, boss battles are tad lame
Sound -8 | Some nice background tunes, Starlight Zone was my favorite
Story/Online -7 | Some levels/Acts were much better than others.
Asking Price- 7.67| Has decent replay value to fly through other parts of the levels although I don't see myself personally replaying it.

#2: MegaMan (1-3-2020) | 8/10 | Genesis Mini | ~ 3 Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall -8 | Platformer that challenges you in just enough ways and test your knowledge
Gameplay - 8.2| Played Sega Genesis version but game controls well. Willy's castle was a great test
Sound -7 | Game has good chiptunes but they all blend together to much. Nothing distinctive
Story/Online -8 | Level variety is nice. Only thing that could be improved is boss rooms always same.
Asking Price- 8| Felt like the right length. Beacause you can do any boss first could be interesting to go back to do different order.

#3: Strider (1-4-2020) | 7/10 | Genesis Mini | ~ 2..5 Hours | Recommend: M

# Overall - 7| A game that is overly difficult but also has some awesome battles and gameplay
Gameplay - 8 | Good controls and fantastic sprites. Difficulty is very hard and hurt enjoyment of experience.
Sound - 8| Great soundtrack for a Ninja
Story/Online - 7| Early levels are really well done, latter levels seem to want to throw everything from all directions to keep killing you.
Asking Price- 7.33| I enjoyed the game, I bet if you mastered the game it would feel amazing but overall I wouldn't play again.

#:4 Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (1/4/2020) | 8/10 | PS4 | ~ #7Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall - | Fun game to play with friends that can offer great challenge and strategy for a group
Gameplay -7.6 | Fun levels that vary in height and openess. Checkpoints are far apart on some portions which can be frustrating
Sound -7 | Enemies are loud. Background has a generaly synth sound thats nice
Story/Online -8 | Each mission feels unique in both environments and enemies thrown at you. Variety of enemies could of been better
Asking Price-8 | I enjoyed it with friends, looking forward to next two portions

#5: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (1-5-2020) | 9/10 | Switch| ~ 50 Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall - 9| A fantastic game that sets you off on an adventure and doesn't hold your hand at all
Gameplay -8.8 | Combat and enemies are engaging, controls good for console but little weird at times.
Sound -9 | OST is very good, the amount of voiced characters is fantastic though
Story/Online -9 | Main story is decent, side quest though are phenominal. Also areas of world tell story of past. Good party stuff.
Asking Price-9.67 | So much content that you could entirely miss by not doing it. Game lets you do as much or little as you like.

#6: Earth Defense Force Iron Rain (1/6/2020) | 8/10 | PS4 | ~ 20Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall - 8| Awesome new enemies, I wish classes were better. Customization was great, Enemy increased health was interesting. Really feels like warzone
Gameplay -8.2 | New enemies are awesome. Increased enemy health was interesting. Wish classes where better. Liked customization options
Sound - 7| A few really funny voice characters on how they pronounce words. Besides that everything is standard
Story/Online -7 | Played on hardest difficulty online. Story missions where decent, I tend to prefer mainlines setup but this was still enjoyable
Asking Price- 8.33| Good amount of content (52 missions) as well as variety in weapons and items

#7: Final Fantasy Adventure (1/6/2020) | 8/10 | Switch | ~ 10 Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall -8 | Great story and meaty campaign packed into the first Mana game
Gameplay -8.2 | Lots of enemie types, including bosses. Controls and dungeon layouts are only okay.
Sound -8 | Some excellent tracks hidden behind the few sub par ones that play the majority of the game
Story/Online -9 | Fantastic story. Overworld also leads to fun single player experience.
Asking Price-8.33 | Lot of content, not a game I would replay because of some of the more obtuse elements but worth playing once!

#8: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 (1/13/2020) | 7/10 | PS4 | ~ 4Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall - 7 | Fun game to play with friends but no big difference from the first game
Gameplay - 7.4| Shooting still feels great while movement is slugish. Levels are still good, although difficulty seemed toned down
Sound -7 | Its so loud. Screams and yelling.
Story/Online -7 | Single player missions follow same structure of move forward, survive a few waves. Annoying lack of checkpoints still.
Asking Price- 7.33| Some replay value. The strategy can be interesting on how to get through levels.

#9: Ace Attorney Investigations (1/16/2020) | 9/10 | 3DS XL | Recommend: Y

# Overall -9 | Awesome game and one of the best in the series!
Gameplay - 8.2| Game looks good and plays well. Pacing works well.
Sound - 9| Tons of great tunes, for characters and for background
Story/Online -10 | Great cases, the game builds itself up and uses all of them to tell a complete story
Asking Price- 9| Not a game I would replay but a ton of content thats with lasting appeal

#10: Nioh (1/19/2020) | 9/10 | PS4 | ~ 26.5 Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall - 9| Aggregate of 4 components below. Decimal rounded up or down by personal bias.
Gameplay - 9.2| Game is so slick and I love the dodge feeling. Tons of enemy variety as well
Sound -8 | Hit or miss, has some good stuff and some wonky stuff. Not main driving force for game.
Story/Online - 8| Story is okay (Cool to see real histroical people). Levels are hit or miss but overall solid foundation
Asking Price- 9.67| NG+ offers great replaybility as well as variety of end game things to do.

Review Breakdown

10: Perfect or Incredible experience
9: Near Perfect, definite recommendation to anybody.
8: Great, has a few, non-major flaws here and there
7: Fun, enjoyable experience
6 Alright , has a few minor flaws holding the game back.
5: Mediocre, as Ron Swanson would describe it: “It is a game." I like parts, I hate parts
4 or Lower: Bad, Needs major fixing, you should skip

#: Title (Date) | #/10 | System | ~ # Hours | Recommend: Y

# Overall - | Aggregate of 4 components below. Decimal rounded up or down by personal bias.
Gameplay - | 5 categories
Sound - | 1 category
Story/Online - | 1/2 category
Asking Price- | 3 categories

Last edited:

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
2017 was a success, but 2018 and 2019... not so much. Third time's the charm? We'll see.

Reserved.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ready for another year :D

2018 - 100 - 948h50
PC - 42
Mobile - 11
3DS - 10
Xbox One - 37
2019 - 103 - 1088h50
Xbox One - 75
PS4 - 13
3DS - 8
Mobile - 7
2020 - 3 - 41h10

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
Control
Beyond Good & Evil HD

1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (XB1) | 1 Jan - 2h
2. Control (PS4) | 1 Jan - 27h40
3. Beyond Good & Evil HD (XB1) | 9 Jan - 11h30

Last edited:

C-Dub

Oct 25, 2017
Cardiff, Wales
7/52

Space permitting, I'll write something about every game, but I may delete some entries as the year goes on. The full scored list will, however, be in the spoiler tags.

1. Control (PS4) | 2nd Jan - 11hrs | 2/5
2. Lone Echo (PC) | 4th Jan - 6hrs | 5/5
3. Batman - The Telltale Series (PC) | 7th Jan - 8hrs | 3/5
4. Trover Saves the Universe (PC) | 12th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
5. Job Simulator (PC) | 13th Jan - 2hrs | 5/5
6. Bucket Detective (PC) | 14th Jan - 1hr | 3/5
7. Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist (PC) | 15th Jan - 0.25hrs | 3/5

January
Control - I did not enjoy this game too much. Gunplay/combat was okay, but the story didn't carry it. I generally like strange and supernatural stuff, but this game's plot felt very hollow in its vagueness, rather than concealing depth. 2/5

Lone Echo - Stunning graphics for VR, and it looks pretty good even if it were a non-VR game. The storytelling is also top notch, with good dialogue options and a relatable human character you partner up with. When not playing I've been grabbing walls, doorframes and poles in the real world as if I can just propel myself off them in zero gravity. One of the best VR games I've ever played. 5/5

Batman: The Telltale Series - I've missed Telltale Games' output, for all their flaws. And Batman's first season was very flawed, but I liked it all the same. The writing was a mixed bag, with plotting veering from good to not good, while line-to-line dialogue was on the most part strong. There's really not much else to write about it as you know exactly what you're getting with Telltale releases. 3/5

Trover Saves the Universe - If Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is VR's Super Mario 64, then Trover Saves the Universe is VR's Crash Bandicoot. Not as good, not as innovative or captivating, but edgier and will have its fanbase. If you don't like Justin Roiland's sense of humour then you will obviously hate this game too, but if you enjoy Rick & Morty then I think this game has something to offer. The use of the VR headset, perspective and depth is very welcome in this game, and paired with the bizarre sense of humour, and Trover Saves the Universe is one of the more enjoyable VR games I've played in a while.

Job Simulator - A fun tech demo for VR. I like how it is interactive and makes good use of room scale VR to make you feel like you're in a workplace. I will be using this game going forward to demo friends and family on VR, alongside The Lab of course. 5/5

Bucket Detective - Weird and chilling. I kinda wish there was a little more to it, but Bucket Detective has a very dark sense of humour. It's a short play if I ever saw one, but worth spending an hour of your time on. 3/5

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist - A fun little freebie that imagines you are "behind the scenes" of a videogame while the people pulling the levers and keeping things running as they should have gone on strike. It's short at about a quarter of an hour, but it's amusing to imagine in all those levels of the exciting games you play that there's an idiot running around pulling levers and hitting switches to get you through the game. And it's free. 3/5

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
This is my main post!

----

#1 A Hat in Time – Completed 1/1/2020 PC – 8 hours
#2 Katamari Damacy: Reroll – Completed 1/1/2020 PC – 3 hours
#3 Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair – Completed 1/3/2020 PC – 10 hours
#4 Grow Home – Completed 1/4/2020 PS4 – 3 hours
#5 Bloodborne – Completed 1/6/2020 PS4 – 26 hours
#6 Dragon Quest – Completed 1/7/2020 SNES – 10 hours
#7 Dragon Quest II – Completed 1/12/2020 SNES – 15 hours
#8 The Outer Worlds – Completed 1/18/2020 PC – 16 hours
#9 RiME – Completed 1/19/2020 PC – 4 hours

A Hat in Time -- I played this entirely in co-op, and we had a blast. Shorter than I expected, and I would've liked one or two more worlds in the basegame, but it was still a top-notch 3D platformer.

Katamari Damacy: Reroll -- Please help, I have like half of this game's soundtrack stuck on loop in my head. Also - the PC port's performance was super weird. Some animations locked at 30FPS, while others were unlocked, causing quite a big disconnect across the screen. Odd stuff.

Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair -- Essentially a modern DKC-style 2.5D platformer, and I absolutely loved it. The overworld and its gimmicks were well implemented, and the changing levels was a very smart way to re-use ideas and assets between levels while still making things feel fresh. I think my one and only complaint is that the artstyle feels subdued at times. Everything else? Top notch stuff.

Grow Home -- I played through most of this in 2017 and just now remembered that I could finish this up tonight. It's definitely a very intentionally janky game, interesting little concept, but I can't say I was the biggest fan.

Bloodborne - I've had this on my backlog for nearly 5 years, and I bought it at launch... I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't get hooked back then. Well, since I went through DS3 and Demon's Souls last year, I figured it was high time that I finally played through Bloodborne, and I did. Great game, probably my second favorite behind Demon's Souls now.

Dragon Quest - Not much to say. It's the start of the series, and pretty simple. I enjoyed it, but I'm never touching it again.

Dragon Quest II - This is also pretty archaic, but when the game wasn't being too cryptic for its own good, I actually really enjoyed it! Probably liked it more than DQ1.

The Outer Worlds - New Vegas, in space. I enjoyed it, though it definitely felt too easy. Also optimization is actual garbage for AMD cards. My laptop runs the game better than my desktop... ironic, considering the splash screen has AMD branding.

RiME - I remembered hearing that the game's PC version had some performance issues, but I didn't really see that in my playthrough. Besides some framepacing issues in the starting area, it seemed to be a locked 1440p/60 at max settings. I enjoyed it way more than I expected. Beautiful art, amazing soundtrack, and a great twist with the story at the end.

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reserved.

Trying again this year. I did better in 2019 than I did in 2018. This year, I'm going to hit the goal.

bnx

Mar 18, 2018
Lets gooo! Took a break the last two years. 2016 and 2017 I hit the forties which I was very pleased with. 2020 is the year I get 52! (or more)

47 to go....

Game 1 - CODE VEIN (PS4) - Easy anime souls like game. I managed to complete the game at lv 50 even though I could've leveled well into the 100s, which would've made it even easier for me personally. Thankfully you can use (for the most part) competent AI partners so if things go south, normally they can bail you out. Did some Co-op online which was fun too. I enjoyed my time with the game. 50 hours played

Game 2 - Mary Skelter Nightmares (Vita) 40+ hours played. Dungeon Crawler. Really liked the artwork in this one. Music and gameplay was pretty good too.

Game 3 - Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4) A title that I played back in 2016. Did the prologue and the first saga. Dropped it afterwards. Now in 2020, I deleted my save and revisited. Took about 2 days to beat. This was much better than that old Battle of Z game I played some time ago.

Game 4 - Croixleur Sigma (PS4) Surprisingly fun hack and slash game. I completed all 4 characters story mode. Less than 2 hours spent on it.

Game 5 - ModNation Racers (Vita) Completed all 5 tours in career mode. Thats good enough for me.

Game 6 -

Dark Souls is next.

To do soon:
Dark Souls

Last edited:

NarcAn

Feb 1, 2019
Completed

January

1. Dreaming Sarah (Pc) / 02/01/2020 - 2:30h / 3/5. -> A 2D Yume Nikki like game, but this time with an easy to follow story. Quite relaxing to play an explore all the different worlds!

2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GB) / 08/01/2020 - 12:20h / 4/5. -> Wow! I'm not a big Zelda fan. In fact, i kinda dislike Zelda games in general, but... this one was actually pretty good! Funny at times and with a good amount of fun puzzles to solve, it's a pretty solid game. The story got me too.

3. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Pc) / 08/01/2020 - 8 h / 3/5. -> I found the story a little confusing at times and the hack'n slash action is a bit weak, but the platforming is solid and fun.

4. Downwell (PsVita) / 17/01/2020 - 10+ h / 4/5. -> It's a fun roguelike endless game, perfect to pick and play anytime. I had to study for some tests and this game was really easy to play during my 15 min. breaks. Pretty addictive too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Dropped games
  • Hacknet (Pc). Someking of bug didn't let me keep playing. I'm surely coming back to it later.
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Pc). My god, what a bad port. I'll try to play it again on my PSP later.

Last edited:

Earthed

Sep 26, 2019
I'm in this year. I really need to clear out my backlog of at least the biggest games before these new consoles come out.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
2017 - 84 games
2018 - 76 games
2019 - 70 games

#1 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 7.5 PC - 14 hours
Feels like it needed a few more months in the oven, a lack of identity and technical bugs start to overshadow the simple but enjoyable story and combat

#2 Max Payne (Replay) 8.0 PC - 5 hours
Felt like blasting through this one again, as fun and difficult as ever. The quick load button got used more times than I would like to admit

#3 DUSK 8.5 PC - 8 hours
A year or so ago I played and loved the original Quake for the first time and this goes right into the same bracket. Fast, tight gameplay and quality level and sound design. I'm looking forward to the steam workshop integration to play more levels.

#4 Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls 7 PC - 1:40 hours
A very decent retro platformer/beat em up. Basically a mix of Mega Man and Shovel Knight, it's a bit easy but short enough to blast through in one sitting. Plus it's completley free.

#5 Into The Breach 9 Switch - 45+ hours
So I went into this not really knowing how much I'd like it and it ended up having me hooked to my Switch over Christmas. I think the game is pretty outstanding, just expertly designed mechanics. The unique aspect of minimizing your losses, making 200 IQ plays, unlocking all the achievements and the incentive for doing so.. it's just so addictive. the map designs are great, the all the classes have their advantages and disadvantages , playing and learning them all was a joy.

Last edited:

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Claimed! Let’s make it two years in a row!

2/52 as of January 5th

1. Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair (X1X) | 3rd Jan - 12hrs | 4/5
2. Call of Juarez Gunslinger (PC) | 5th January - 4h24min | 3.5/5

Last edited:

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Completion Status: 10/52 Games!

Replays will be italicized. 2020 releases will be underlined.

January:
1. Outer Wilds (PS4) | 2nd Jan - 12.5hrs | 5/5 /// What a way to start the year off! I went in with ridiculously high expectations because of all the praise the game was getting, and it actually managed to deliver! Incredible game.

2. Blasphemous (PS4) | 8th Jan - 26hrs | 4/5 /// An extremely solid metroidvania! Ignored this game for a while because the trailers made it seem like more of an action platformer than a metroidvania, so if it wasn’t for the most recent PSN sale, I would’ve totally not picked this up at all!

3. Neo Cab (Apple Arcade) | 9th Jan - 4hrs | 3.5/5 /// Cool little VN that gives a pretty realistic glimpse at the not-so-far future!

4. RAGE 2 (PS4) | 11th Jan - 18hrs | 2.5/5 /// Absolutely incredible gunplay, meh everything else. Good podcast game!

5. Katana Zero (Switch) | 11th Jan - 4hrs | 4.5/5 /// I have no idea how I missed this last year! This game was a giant surprise and not what I expected at all. Made me miss Hotline Miami even more!

6. KAMIKO (Switch) | 12th Jan - 1hr | 2.5/5 /// Heard a ton about this game around when the Switch launched, it was touted as a hidden gem if I remember correctly. It was...fine? It’s fun, but very short and incredibly forgettable. Fun time-waster, I guess.

7. A Case of Distrust (Switch) | 12th Jan - 2hrs | 1/5 /// I...did not like this at all. I thought the story was extremely predictable, and found the characters extremely boring. The only positives are the art style (which comes off as a poor man’s Device 6 to be honest, but it’s still cool) and the music. Disappointed.

8. The Touryst (Switch) | 13th Jan - 4hrs | 3.5/5 /// This was fun! It felt kind of like an older Zelda game at times, and the art style is absolutely gorgeous!

9. Bayonetta (Switch) | 16th Jan - 9hrs | 5/5 /// I mean, what is there left to say about Bayonetta that hasn’t been said already? One of the greats and a fantastic choice for my first replay of the year!

10. New Super Lucky’s Tale (Switch) | 17th Jan - 7hrs | 3.5/5 /// This was a nice little 3D platformer! Easily one of the best from the revival era!

1. Outer Wilds (PS4) | 2nd Jan - 12.5hrs | 5/5
2. Blasphemous (PS4) | 8th Jan - 26hrs | 4/5
3. Neo Cab (Apple Arcade) | 9th Jan - 4hrs | 3.5/5
4. RAGE 2 (PS4) | 11th Jan - 18hrs | 2.5/5
5. Katana Zero (Switch) | 11th Jan - 4hrs | 4.5/5
6. KAMIKO (Switch) | 12th Jan - 1hr | 2.5/5
7. A Case of Distrust (Switch) | 12th Jan - 2hrs | 1/5
8. The Touryst (Switch) | 13th Jan - 4hrs | 3.5/5
9. Bayonetta (Switch) | 16th Jan - 9hrs | 5/5
10. New Super Lucky’s Tale (Switch) | 17th Jan - 7hrs | 3.5/5

Other Challenges:
52 TV seasons. 1 Year. 2020 edition
50 books. 50 movies. One year - 2020 edition

Last edited:

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Let's do this again! Had a lot of fun participating in previous challenges.

CHALLENGES:
2017 Challenge: Part 1 - 52 games finished
2018 Challenge: Part 1, Part 2 - 57 games finished
2019 Challenge: Part 1, Part 2 - 63 games finished
2020 Challenge: Part 1

1. The Mirror Lied (PC) | Jan - 0,5hrs | 3,5/5
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4) | Jan - 28hrs | 4,5/5
  3. Back to 1998 (PC) | Jan - 2hrs | 2/5
  4. 80 Days (PC) | Jan - 4hrs | 3,5/5
  5. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled - Grand Prix | Ongoing

2020 CHALLENGE STATUS: 5/52

1. The Mirror Lied
Platform: PC (Steam) | Time played: 30 minutes | Beaten in January
Oh boy, where to even start with this one. The Mirror Lied is one of the first games made by Kan Gao, a creator of To The Moon series. It was a really short game, finishing the whole thing lasted around 30 minutes, but like with his other titles it offered a similarly abstract, deep and thought-provoking experience. What is really cool, this game never outright tells you what's need to be done by the player. Weird stuff that are happening aren't really helping! I couldn't wrap around its premise at first, but when I started thinking about it, I've developed some theories of my own. When I tried to read some stuff online, people had even more theories... And this is a testament of how great Gao's games are. They may look like simple RPG Maker games, but they're clearly more than that. Considering we will have an Impostor Factory later in 2020, I will probably revisit his other titles as well.

2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform: PS4 | Time played: 28 hours | Beaten in January | Unlocked Platinum Trophy
I was trying to wrap this up in December, but well... at least I will start 2020 with something special. Star Wars games had it rough during this generation. Battlefronts were mostly multiplayer-centric and the campaign of Battlefront II was a huge dissapointment. Luckily, thanks to Stig Asmussen and folks at Respawn, the "dark times" are over. Fallen Order is a fantastic game with a great story, memorable protagonist and satisfying gameplay that stays true to Star Wars mythos and do justice to its Dark Times era. If you ever saw any canon Star Wars comics, novels or Rebels, you may be aware that this setting was already explored quite extensively. We even had stories about former padawans who survived Order 66 and were hiding from the Empire. Cal Kestis is one of them, but his story went in a completely different direction. Respawn used Dark Times era to its advantage and told a new story that didn't rehashed already told ones, taking Kestis on a quite memorable journey with equally memorable set of characters. The bond between Cal and his trusty droid BD-1 is something else. They really nailed it. BD-1 is not only an awesome pal, but is also a very helpful companion. Already crossing my fingers that Merrin will have a bigger role in a next game. She was an amazingly deep and well-written character. I was impressed how well-thought mechanics were implemented here. There is a few planets with a lot of collectables, Metroidvania type of exploration is done really well and fun, environments are gorgeous and varied. Force isn't ridiculously overpowered like in The Force Unleashed, yet is realized well and never felt too "gamified". Combat is also good. It may be hard at first, but is quite straight-forward. Some of the gameplay felt janky at first, but with a progression in a story, we are introduced to some clever mechanics that limited most of my issues. This may be a promising start of a new series of Jedi games. I'm already excited what Respawn may do with a sequel.

3. Back to 1998
Platform: PC (Steam) | Time played: 2 hours | Beaten in January
Funny and oldschooly blast from the past with a lot of issues. Back to 1998 is a clunky point'n'click with pixelart artstyle made by a Polish studio Bold Pixel. What do I think about it? Well... it's kind of a mixed bag. A whole setting resonated with me, because I still remember those times. Revisiting a slice of life in a late 90s Poland was an awesome idea. The story is very basic, though. It's also not a complete game, the ending felt rushed and anything weren't properly resolved. Back to 1998 has lot of smaller spelling errors, lack of save points is just annoying, there are some smaller glitches as well. There are few minigames to complete and seriously, in some way they're a really cool change of pace. But finishing them was such an infuriating experience! That said, they reminded of old retro games, which were more difficult at default, so with a little bit annoyance I've got to give props to Bold Pixel, because they emulated this type of games really well. And that's all. Hopefully they will still make some work on this title and make it a more proper experience, because in current shape, everything felt more like a demo than a fully-fledged short-game.

4. 80 Days
Platform: PC (Steam) | Time played: 4 hours | Multiple playthroughs | Beaten in January
That was a fun ride. Honestly, I've heard a lot about 80 Days, but never expected it to be so good! 80 Days premise is pretty straightfoward. Basically, it's a text-based, choose your adventure game based on Jules Verne classic novel "Around the World in Eighty Days", where you play as a valet Passepartout and were tasked to go on a journey with Phileas Fogg to fullfill a wager to cross an entire globe in a span of eighty days. And that's it, you're free to make your own destination. You always need to plan your journey ahead. Exploring cities is the best way to learn where you should go next, taking part in conversations may help you learn something new and useful. Visiting marketplace may be benefitial where you aquire valuable goods that you can sell for a lot of money in other countries. Managing your own expenses is the most crucial aspect of the game. Without money you can't travel anywhere, so it's in your best interest to be stocked up and ready for anything. Whenever you go, something completely different may happen, you will participate in multiple adventures where you occassionally may win something useful or end up in a pickle. 80 Days is not a long game. A single run takes around 2 hours, but there is a lot of replayability here. I've completed two runs where I went in a completely different directions. In my first playthrough, I went in a bad direction and made a circle, wasted a lot of time. Later I was robbed, messed up my ride and got thrown into a jail. So I've finished my 80 days adventure... lost somewhere in Saudi Arabia. Luckily, a second playthrough was much more fruitful. I've completed a whole journey in 72 days. It would be even quicker if I haven't missed a ship that left me stranded for a few days and then indirectly making Fogg ill for cholera, forced to spend even more days on his recovery. If you like text-based games, 80 Days is an amazing experience. Just try it, you won't be dissapointed.

5. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled - Grand Prix
Platform: PS4 | Time played: Ongoing
Grand Prixes, a seasonal events from Crash Team Racing continues with new characters, tracks and modes ready to go. "Winter Festival" released in December wasn't the final Grand Prix. It seems we may see more of them in a span of following months. I'm interested which new characters, features and modes may end up enhancing CTR experience. Whatever it may be, just like in my 2019 challenge, I'm going to write my impressions from each event. I've had such a blast doing writeups about it. Crossing my fingers for Nitro Kart Adventure Mode. Even if they manage to push this through without cutscenes would be enough. I may also try to finally unlock a platinum trophy as well, but this will obviously depend from my performance in Time Trials thingies.

Rustland Grand Prix (January)
"Rustland" is surprising. If you think about it, it's not as expansive as previous Grand Prixes, but it also has its own stuff that makes it a unique experience. Post-apocalyptic wasteland of "Megamix Mania" is a really well-designed track, one of my favourites stages since "Nitro Tour", "Back N.Time" and "Spyro and Friends" events. I've really enjoyed its aesthethics and complexity, punk'rock music, shortcuts, and subtle ties to CTR ("Mania" is partially "Roo's Tubes" with drained water) and Crash Twinsanity. There is only a single character this time. While Yaya Panda and Rila Roo could be considered as lesser-known characters, Mega-Mix is even more obscure one. Coming as a secret boss from Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure released on Game Boy Advance, Mega-Mix is a well... weird and abstract mix of Crash original enemies combined into a single entity. With this addition, Nitro-Fueled roster ballooned up to 50 playable characters. So crazy how many characters Beenox is adding to this game for free. And they haven't done yet. New skins are really good and fits well with a post-apocalyptic theme. Pura and Dingodile are my personal favourites. Chick and Stew in a joined ride as a secret were a nice touch. Chasing gold orbs weren't as fun as chasing ghosts in "Spooky" Grand Prix, though, because they weren't as frequent. As a first Grand Prix of 2020, "Rustland" is a solid addition to Nitro-Fueled. Can't wait to learn what more stuff we will receive in a future ones. "Megamix Mania" seems to tease Twinsanity content, recent leaks also sounds like we will finally receive a missing character from Crash Nitro Kart who wasn't included in an original release.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

GreedFall (PC)

Last edited:

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
Reserved! Yay not lost in the middle anymore!

Status so far: 3/52

1. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch) | 4th Jan - 52hrs | 4/5
2. Mutant Mudds (Switch) | 5th Jan - 6hrs | 3/5
3. Pokémon Shield (Switch) | 9th Jan - 19hrs | 3/5

Last edited:

Firthy

Nov 19, 2017
UK
All in this year as my backlog is absolutely shameful!

2020 CHALLENGE STATUS: 2/52

Completed:

01. Ghost Recon: Breakpoint [PS4] - 3.5/5
Cheating a little with this one as I completed the game in 2019, but finished grinding out the remainder of the trophies and got the platinum 1st Jan. Overall an enjoyable game which was unfortunately littered with bugs and general annoyances.

02. Borderlands 2 [PS4] - 4/5
Again, cheating again with this one as I also finished the story in 2019 but played through quite a bit of the DLC with a friend and obtained the remainder of the trophies to achieve the platinum on 2nd Jan. This was my first Borderlands game and I played through the whole of it coop with a friend and really enjoyed my time with it, although by the time we got to the DLC's I felt a bit burnt out on it.

Currently Playing:
- Assassins Creed: Odyssey
- Pokemon Sword
- Borderlands 3

Current Multiplayer Games:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Fortnite
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville

Want To Revisit:
- Monster Hunter World
- Spider-Man
- Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy
- Bloodborne
- Fortnite (Save The World)
- Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee

Intend To Play:
- Death Stranding
- RAGE 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Story)
- Resident Evil 2 Remake
- Luigi's Mansion
- Devil May Cry V
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
- Superhot
- Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Jun 8, 2018
United States
In for another one. Nothing comes out that I really need to play until March so its time to clear that backlog.
--

1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4) 70 hours, Jan 6
This was supposed to be a quick replay but I did it on nightmare mode without NG+ and decided to stick with it. Not the greatest idea really, I need to replay Cold Steel 2 and then play through Zero and Azure so my copy of Cold Steel 3 will remain sealed a few more months it seems.

2. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PC) 8 hours, Jan 12
It seems the game isn't that bad now with all the updates it has gotten. Unfortunately I don't care for much of the roster. My favorite Street Fighter character (Makoto) isn't here and probably won't make it in so I'm ok with just doing the story content and dropping it. Hope SF6 gets rid of the dumb joke characters that no one likes.

3. Sakura Wars (Sega Saturn) 30 hours, Jan 19
I've always wanted to play this, thank god it got a fan translation. It's a pretty great adventure game with some strategy mixed in. The battles could get really slow and drag on without any way to skip animations and such though so I'm eager to try the PS4 game. Hopefully that one doesn't have an annoying child character that really didn't need to be here.

4. Soul Calibur VI (PC) 10 hours, Jan 20
Haven't played one of these since Soul Calibur 2 on the gamecube. This feels really hard to learn for some reason. The inputs are simpler than other fighting games but there are so many moves that it just feels like you're button mashing at some point. The singleplayer content was enough for me, unfortunately I don't have hundreds of hours to dedicate to a single game so I can learn how to play it properly.

Last edited:

bender

Oct 27, 2017
1. Halo: Master Chief Collection - Halo Reach (Xbox One X) 1/1/20
I hadn't played this campaign since the game originally launched. It easily stand the test of time.
2. Torchlight II (Switch) 1/1/20
Another game I hadn't played since the original release. The loot system feels stingy and I wasn't a fan of the Ember Mage class.
3. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (PS4) 1/1/20
Adventure Mode - I missed all of Crash in its' heyday and I can't say I'm fond of this racer.
4. Boodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) 1/2/20
The latest patch finally fixed my game progress bug. Some graphics niggles aside, this is a wonderful, zany spiritual successor to SOTN.
5. Overwatch (PS4) 1/2/20
Winter Wonderland 2019 - All items collected.
6. Titanfall 2 (PS4) 1/5/20
An amazing campaign. Combine a short length, amazing variety and pitch perfect controls and it does something most games don't, it leaves you wanting more.
7. Rocket League (PS4) 1/6/20
Frosty Fest 2019 - All items collected.
8. Esp Ra. De. Psi (Switch) 1/18/20
Pew Pew Pew

Last edited:

Bluesteel

Oct 25, 2017
Every year I top out at around 30. This past year was no different... but considering I started grad school and a new job, I think it was pretty impressive. In for this year as well!

Oct 28, 2017
Let's gooooo! I succeeded with at least beating 52+ games over the past two years, so let's keep the pace moving forward.

Game #1. Mega Man 3 (Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS4)

I completed a replay of Mega Man 3 from the Mega Man Legacy Collection for the first time. I haven't played MM3 in ages (probably not since the Anniversary collection back on Gamecube), but it was a lot longer than I remembered. MM3 or MM4 was my first MM game, but all of the Blue Bomber's adventures blur together from my childhood, so it's hard to recall which one I played first. I replayed MM2 last year, but I couldn't tell you what was exactly different between the two games. It felt like the stages were shorter in length, but still designed competently and a lot more fair.

It helps that Rush Jet (which I think you unlock based on how many total robot masters you've defeated?) trivializes some of the trickier levels. I hardly remember the boss order in any MM game, either. What you think would work against one boss is rarely what's meant to be used. Outside of trial & error, I almost always end up using the trusty ol' Mega Buster in the older MM titles, unlike how I typically approach the MMX games. MM3 also has additional bosses beyond the traditional 8 robot masters. There are weird, cloned versions of MM1 and MM2 bosses, which honestly felt like an attempt at padding the game's overall length. The Wily Castle stages were a lot easier than I was expecting them to be, too.

Now that I've started to revisit these games as an adult, I've also found myself more engaged/interested in the Mega Man universe, the lore and its attempt at world-building. I love the fact that most of the robot masters were designed for industrial/commercial use. A lot of them have real-world applications, such as Cut Man being used as a means for deforestation or how Top Man is popular around New Year's because he can produce toy tops for children, but with each iteration (including MM3), some entries seem to have gotten away from that world-view. Like, what purpose does Snake Man serve? Or was he simply designed to target Mega Man?

I think I'm overthinking things, haha! At the end of the day, I enjoyed revisiting an important part of my childhood. It's a great way to start the new year with something short, yet familiar and comforting.

Q1 Goals (January-March)

PS4:
  • Mega Man X3 (Mega Man X Legacy Collection)
  • Snake Pass
  • Arise: A Simple Story
  • Max Payne (PS2 Classics)
  • Psychonauts (PS2 Classics)
  • Valfaris
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
  • Axiom Verge
  • Kero Blaster
  • Sonic Mania
Switch:
  • Mom Hid My Game!
Long-term 2020 goals (+ spillovers from previous years):

PS4:
  • Judgment (started in 2019)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (started in 2019)
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (started in 2019)
  • Death Stranding (started in 2019)
  • The Last of Us: Remastered (restarted in 2019)
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (started in 2017)
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
Switch:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (started in 2017)
  • Octopath Traveler (started in 2018)

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
PAST CHALLENGES:
2017: 63 games finished
2018: 83 games finished
2019: 120 games finished

1. A Case of Distrust (Steam) | 1st Jan - 2.3hrs | 3/5
2. Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage (Steam) | 3rd Jan - 3.1hrs | 3/5
3. Paratopic (Steam) | 6th Jan - 0.6hrs | 2/5
4. Door Kickers: Action Squad (Steam) | 13th Jan - 13.2hrs | 4/5
5. RUINER (PSN) | 15th Jan - N/A | 4/5
6. Extreme Exorcism (PSN) | 17th Jan - N/A | 2/5
7. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) | 20th Jan - N/A | 4/5
8. House of 1,000 Doors: Evil Inside (Steam) | 20th Jan - 6.0hrs | 2/5

JANUARY:
1. A Case of Distrust (Steam) | January 1st - 2.3 hours | ★★★☆☆
100% of Achievements

2. Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage (Steam) | January 3rd - 3.1 hours | ★★★☆☆
100% of Achievements

3. Paratopic (Steam) | January 6th - 0.6 hours | ★★☆☆☆
45% of Achievements

4. Door Kickers: Action Squad (Steam) | January 13th - 13.2 hours | ★★★★☆
100% of Achievements

5. RUINER (PSN) | January 15th - N/A | ★★★★☆
Normal Difficulty | 24% of Trophies

6. Extreme Exorcism (PSN) | January 17th - N/A | ★★☆☆☆
33% of Trophies

7. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) | January 20th - N/A | ★★★★☆
Normal Difficulty | 74% of Trophies

8. House of 1,000 Doors: Evil Inside (Steam) | January 20th - 6.0 hours | ★★☆☆☆

9. One Strike (Switch Download) | January 20th - N/A | ★★★☆☆
Team Duel - Easy Difficulty | Beaten with Kenji, Hinode and Oni

10. Star Fetchers: Pilot | January 21st - 0.8 hours | ★★★★☆

Last edited:

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
2019 - 52 games completed

2020 - 7/52.
  1. Resident Evil 7, PS VR, 2nd January, 13th 1m. 9,5/10
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance, X1X, 5th January, 112h 4m. 8/10
  3. Gears of War 3, X1X, 10th January. 9/10
  4. Ruiner, X1X, 10th January. 7/10
  5. Shadows of the Damned, X1X, 13th January, 11h. 9/10
  6. Gears of War: Judgment, X1X, 14th January. 9,5/10
  7. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, X1X, 20th January. 8,5/10

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I'll use this as my Master Post.

January 2020 :

1. Final Fantasy VIII - I remember not liking the game as a teen and bouncing off of it. Mainly due to the junction system. Now I'm glad I played the game and really loved the characters, specifically Squall and Rinoa. Some parts I wasn't to fond of and still not a fan of the junction system, but the journey was well worth it.

2. Pillars of Eternity - Really enjoyed this and now has me looking to see what other similar RPG's I can play. The companion characters were well written and had nuances to them. Loved the quests as well and the numerous ways you could tackle them.

3. Hellblade - Amazing game. Puzzles kept it from being a masterpiece in my eyes. Really loved the environments, story, finding lorestones, voice acting and the music.

4. Devil May Cry - Didn't like this game. Good thing it's not that long. Enjoyed the last 1/3 of the game so I'm hopeful that carries over unto 2. Although I've heard that's the "bad" game of the series.

1. Final Fantasy VIII (PS4) | 4th January - 60 hours | 4/5
2. Pillars of Eternity (Xbox 1) | 5th January - 62 hours | 4/5
3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Xbox 1) | 9th January - 8 hours | 4.5/5
4. Devil May Cry (PS4) | 11th January - 7 hours | 2.5/5

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
sleepless_swan - 6/52 games
2019 - 66 Games

January (6 Games):
1. Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 4: Faith (Playstation 4): 1st Jan - 3:00 - 2.5/5

2. Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 5: Wolves (Playstation 4): 2nd Jan - 2:30 - 3.5/5

3. Tokyo Chronos (Playstation 4): 4th Jan - 10:22:52 - 3/5

4. Yakuza 0 (Playstation 4)
: 13th Jan - 25:33:41 - 3.5/5

5. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Nintendo Switch):
18th Jan - 11:00 - 3/5

6. Sayonara Wild Hearts (Nintendo Switch): 19th Jan - 1:05 - 3/5
1. Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 4: Faith (Playstation 4) | 1st Jan - 3hrs | 2.5/5
2. Life Is Strange 2 – Episode 5: Wolves (Playstation 4) | 2nd Jan - 2.5hrs | 3.5/5
3. Tokyo Chronos (Playstation 4) | 4th Jan - 10.4hrs | 3/5
4. Yakuza 0 (Playstation 4) | 13th Jan - 25.5hrs | 3.5/5
5. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Nintendo Switch) | 18th Jan - 11hrs | 3/5
6. Sayonara Wild Hearts (Nintendo Switch) | 19th Jan - 1hr | 3/5

Last edited:

GarrettB

Oct 27, 2017
2018: 54
2019: 28
2020: 1

1. Shovel Knight: King of Cards - PC

Last edited:

2B or not 2B

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
2B or not 2B - 5/52 Games

= Bad, ★★ = Meh, ★★★ = Good, ★★★★ = Great, ★★★★★ = Excellent

Jan:

1. Pokémon Shield (Nintendo Switch) (2019) || 07/01/20 || 72hrs22m || ★★★

I liked Pokémon Shield, I have a complete Pokédex and I finished the main and post game. While I did enjoy it there did seem to be a lot missing from it.
The dungeons and routes were very linear, towns were well designed but lacked anything to actually do in them, the wild area seemed a bit weird, walking from a sandstorm to a blizzard in 2 steps. I will admit, wild area was a good idea, but it wasn't well executed. It's just a huge open space (which has severe frame rate problems when playing online) but each area in it looks like the last, it was very unimaginative.
The story and post game was cliche and boring, I did like some of characters in the game and I would have like to have had more interactions and story behind them, however Pokémon was never known for it's story so it was expected.
The game is very easy and it's very easy to over level your Pokémon. It was an enjoyable game, but it's very hard to overlook the glaring faults.

2. The World Next Door (Nintendo Switch) (2019) || 17/01/20 || 4hrs30m || ★★½

This was an okay little game, however the gameplay became quite annoying at times, specifically when there were multiple enemies. I really liked the character designs, and the character interactions were good, but it just felt too short for the story they were trying to go for. Overall it was the characters more than anything that were the best part of the game, but there were so many small annoying things that it just soured the experience (however there is an option to not take damage in battles).

3. Control (PS4) (2019) || 17/01/20 || ~18hrs || ★★★★

4. Hook (Nintendo Switch) (2015) || 18/01/20 || 1hrs10m || ★★★

It's a fun little puzzle game, but it wasn't very long, and the puzzles weren't too difficult.

5. Code Vein (PS4) (2015) || 19/01/20 || 51hrs10m || ★★★★

In Progress:
  1. Final Fantasy VII (Nintendo Switch)
  2. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)
  3. Attack On Titan 2 (PS4)
  4. Nioh (PS4)
  5. Little Nightmares (PS4)
  6. Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

(not all times are accurate but I'll try)
1. Pokémon Shield (Nintendo Switch) | 7th Jan - 72hrs22m | 3/5
2. The World Next Door (Nintendo Switch) | 17th Jan - 4hrs30m | 2.5/5
3. Control (PS4) | 17th Jan - ~18hrs | 4/5
4. Hook (Nintendo Switch) | 18th Jan - 1hr10m | 3/5
5. Code Vein (PS4) | 19th Jan - 51hrs10m | 4/5

Last edited:

Ojli

Oct 28, 2017
Year 2, here we go!

Completed games: 1
Unfinished games: 0
Number of 2020 releases: 0
Last update: Week 2
Games
  1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC) | Week 52-2 | 2820 min

Last edited:

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Let us do better than Last year!

Reserved

1. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (PC) | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5
2. Snipperclips (Switch) | 6th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5
3. Doki Doki Literature Club! (PC) | 12th Jan - 4.2hrs | 4/5

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Busiest year of my life is coming up but damn it, I'll give it a try this year

1. Outer Worlds - PC | Jan 11

Last edited:

Mash83

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
2016 - 40
2017 - 36
2018 - 39
2019 - 32

Running Total: 1/52

Currently Playing:

A Plague Tale: Innocence - PS4

Completed:

1. Death Stranding
- PS4
Completed 1/4/20
*Outside of the crazy ass story and on the nose puns I really enjoyed this game. There was something satisfying about trekking across the "country" delivering packages to remote locations. The environments were absolutely beautiful and the rare times when music would suddenly start were just magical. I sometimes decided to walk instead of using a vehicle because there was something grounding about going on foot. The characters were very cool with some exceptional performances. I liked this game a lot more than I thought I would. 8.5/10

Quit/Abandoned

Untitled Goose Game - Its charming but I didn't have the patience for it. Pretty boring and I obviously missed the point.
My Friend Pedro - This game is actually really cool but its just not my jam. Had a fun play session but I doubt I come back to this one.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
January
1. Donkey Kong Country 2 (01-01)
2. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (01-01)
3. Control (01-05)
4. Vanquish (01-14)
5. Life Is Strange 2 - Episode 5 (01-15)
6. Tekken 7 Story Mode (01-19)
7. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (01-20)

Last edited: