• We will be performing scheduled maintenance in about 3 hours, 9 minutes, 27 seconds at around Apr 5, 2020 at 12:00 AM. The downtime is expected to last two hours.

52 Games. 1 Year. 2020.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Thank you Wozzer for hosting this! I always have so much fun challenging myself and reading what everyone else is saying about the games they play.

I definitely recommend that people join the Discord, it's a very nice place and we have a game club and everything!

This is what I have manage since I started tracking how many games I beat:
2014: 60 games​
2015: 86 games​
2016: 89 games​

Goals for 2020:

Beating the challenge, which I think is doable. ;)​
Beating 52 more games than I buy during this year.​
Beating my physical games backlog, which is most of my console library.​
Beating a couple of longer RPGs, especially those I wanna replay a lot to consider them completed.​

Beaten so far during 2020: 50 games

Update 1
Human Fall Flat​
Dark Souls Remastered​
Stick Fight: The Game​
Gang Beasts​
Apocalipsis​

Update 2
Arrog​
I Am Bread​
Gone Home​
Dark Souls III​
Minit​

Update 3
Persona 3 Portable​
A Plague Tale: Innocence​
ASTRONEER​
The Touryst​
Sea of Solitude​

Update 4
Sparklite​
Descenders​
PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond​
Batman: The Telltale Series​
Batman: The Enemy Within​

Update 5
Gato Roboto​
A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build​
Anarcute​
Ape Out​
Pikuniku​

Update 6
The Messenger​
The Messenger: Picnic Panic​
Glass Masquerade​
Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions - Temptations DLC​
NieR​

Update 7
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice​
Planet Alpha​
Plasticity​
Subnautica​
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin​

Update 8
A Short Hike​
Paperbark​
Firewatch​
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds​
Horizon Zero Dawn​

Update 9
Machinarium​
The Sexy Brutale​
Beckett​
Left in the Dark: No One on Board​
The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams​

Update 10
The Forest​
Ori and the Blind Forest​
Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror​
Murder by Numbers​
Reigns​

1. Human Fall Flat (PC) | 1st Jan - 29hrs | 5/5
2. Dark Souls Remastered (PC) | 1st Jan - 58hrs | 5/5
3. Stick Fight: The Game (PC) | 2nd Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
4. Gang Beasts (PC) | 2nd Jan - 5hrs | 3/5
5. Apocalipsis (PC) | 2nd Jan - 3hrs | 3/5
6. Arrog (PC) | 3rd Jan - 0.5hrs | 3/5
7. I Am Bread (PC) | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5
8. Gone Home (PC) | 5th Jan - 3hrs | 4/5
9. Dark Souls III (PC) | 5th Jan - 115hrs | 5/5
10. Minit (PC) | 6th Jan - 3hrs | 5/5
11. Persona 3 Portable (PSP) | 7th Jan - 120hrs | 5/5
12. A Plague Tale: Innocence (PC) | 8th Jan - 14hrs | 3/5
13. ASTRONEER (PC) | 8th Jan - 108hrs | 5/5
14. The Touryst (Switch) | 9th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5
15. Sea of Solitude (PC) | 11th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
16. Sparklite (PC) | 12th Jan - 9hrs | 4/5
17. Descenders (PC) | 13th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
18. PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii) | 14th Jan - 20hrs | 2/5
19. Batman: The Telltale Series (PC) | 16th Jan - 9hrs | 3/5
20. Batman: The Enemy Within (PC) | 18th Jan - 9hrs | 3/5
21. Gato Roboto (PC) | 19th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
22. A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build (PC) | 20th Jan - 4hrs | 3/5
23. Anarcute (PC) | 20th Jan - 7hrs | 3/5
24. Ape Out (PC) | 22nd Jan - 1.5hrs | 3/5
25. Pikuniku (PC) | 23rd Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
26. The Messenger (PC) | 24th Jan - 11hrs | 5/5
27. The Messenger: Picnic Panic (PC) | 24th Jan - 3hrs | 4/5
28. Glass Masquerade (PC) | 25th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5
29. Glass Masquerade 2: Temptations (PC) | 25th Jan - 3hrs | 5/5
30. NieR (PS3) | 26th Jan - 3hrs | 4/5
31. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC) | 31st Jan - 7hrs | 3/5
32. Planet Alpha (PC) | 7th Feb - 3hrs | 4/5
33. Plasticity (PC) | 8th Feb - 1hr | 2/5
34. Subnautica (PC) | 14th Feb - 42hrs | 3/5
35. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PC) | 16th Feb - 33hrs | 5/5
36. A Short Hike (PC) | 18th Feb - 2hrs | 5/5
37. Paperbark (PC) | 18th Feb - 1.5hrs | 4/5
38. Firewatch (PC) | 18th Feb - 4hrs | 5/5
39. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (PS4) | 21st Feb - 35hrs | 5/5
40. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) | 28th Feb - 65hrs | 5/5
41. Machinarium (PC) | 28th Feb - 4hrs | 4/5
42. The Sexy Brutale (PC) | 29th Feb - 8hrs | 4/5
43. Beckett (PC) | 1st Mar - 2hrs | 2/5
44. Left in the Dark: No One on Board (PC) | 1st Mar - 1.5hrs | 3/5
45. The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams (PC) | 2nd Mar - 3hrs | 3/5
46. The Forest (PC) | 4th Mar - 55hrs | 4/5
47. Ori and the Blind Forest (PC) | 5th Mar - 25hrs | 4/5
48. Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror (PC) | 6th Mar - 4hrs | 3/5
49. Murder by Numbers (PC) | 10th Mar - 20hrs | 5/5
50. Reigns (PC) | 11th Mar - 12hrs | 3/5

Last edited:

Memory Pak

Aug 29, 2018
Setting up shop right here, post #52 in the 52 challenge. What could possibly go wrong!

01. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014/2015, Wii U) ★★★★☆
A mere thirteen months after delivering their platforming masterpiece Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo's EAD Tokyo studio had this game done & shipped. Yes, the project was obviously aided by the library of assets, sound effects, and engine which had been built for their previous release; and yes, this one was helmed by different key staff, so perhaps development started earlier... But given the circumstances (Wii U's dire straits) it's still impressive how much content they cranked out for Captain Toad.
Said content has you maneuvering through gorgeous, tightly packed, box-like levels full of hidden nooks and crannies. Pick up gems along the way, solve puzzles, and sneak past enemies to reach the goal. Carefully planning your moves and studying the environment is rewarded with more trinkets. Since the Toads are slow, can't jump, and have no easy method of attack, you'll occassionally feel like you're playing baby's first stealth game, haha.
I do have some complaints; the Gamepad usage feels just as gimmicky here as it did in 3D World: blow in the mic, aim on the touch screen, camera controls mapped to gyro sensors, you know the drill. Additionally, the music is rather grating, due to an over-reliance on flutes and recorders. It's not helped either by the sound effects (lots of whistles) and Toad's shrill voice. There's also some simple user interface improvements that could've been made, like a level restart button and more obviously placed options menu. Lastly, I could lose the post-credits attempt to connect it to Mario 3D World.
Overall though, a very pleasant, low-stress game that executes pretty well on most of its ideas.

02. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse a.k.a. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (2015, Wii U) ★★★☆☆
Fairly obvious (spiritual) successor to the 2005 DS highlight Kirby: Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush. You draw a path, and Kirby rolls wherever you guide him.This one opts for a claymation-inspired art style, and it's a good look. Crisp and cute. Bummer the game is played entirely on the touch screen, which has a lower resolution, but the charm still translates decently.
The game itself isn't as charming, unfortunately. The controls never really feel snappy enough, meaning you're always over-correcting; rarely do your plans execute flawlessly. There's a degree of enjoyment derived from bumbling through the levels, and it's not unmanageable, but you'll often just miss out on some trinket because Kirby follows your guidance at too leisurely a pace.
The levels start out pretty dull, but towards the latter half they start doing interesting things. I particularly liked the gondola and submarine stages, as well as some of the rocketship escape sequences. It's too bad the game doesn't have more of those types of ideas... for a 4-hour campaign there's some dissapointing repetition here. This is most noticeable during the bossfights, which are fun, but since they repeat them all twice, their impact lessens significantly. Luckily the game ends on a high note with a great final level and a fun boss battle, as is series tradition, which at least leaves a strong final impression.

03. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (2005, Wii U) ★★★☆☆
Story-wise this is the least interesting Fire Emblem of the GBA/GC bunch. Everything feels very paint by numbers: 5 mystical stones lay scattered over the land. Together, they hold the return of ancient evils at bay. Now, n unknown force is destroying them one by one, whatever could their purpose be?! Can our two heroes, the siblings Eirika and Ephraim, put an end to this before it's too late...?
Story aside though, Sacred Stones introduces some new elements to the series. Units can now promote in 2 different ways, rather than follow a fixed path. This can lead to fun combinations: wanna put a Knight on a horse instead of becoming a General? Swap out your Pegasus for a Wyvern? Equip your healer with offensive magic? It's all possible. Sacred Stones also introduces the split narrative: Eirika and Ephraim each have a route of their own for about a third of the game. This really became a series staple with Fire Emblem Fates and more recently Three Houses, but I think it originates from this one? Combined with the branching class changes, post-game quests and secret characters, you really start to notice a focus on replayability.
Unfortunately, the maps here weren't as interesting: one route has no ship battles at all, and I really liked the castle defense stages from Fire Emblem 7 which are reduced in amount here. Furthermore, I found very few likable characters to care about, which isn't helped by the bland (and slow!) protagonists. Maybe I lost the wrong people to get more worthwhile interactions (r.i.p. Ross, Garcia, Joshua, Marisa, and the others), but I defaulted to what I always do: stuff the team with all the flying units and round things out with anyone who has blue/purple/green hair. Also very dumb how this game contains a literal young-girl-but-secretly-a-dragon trope, luckily she isn't sexualised. They do try to make the villain somewhat pitiful, but it doesn't really land until the very last mission. Despite these weak characters and story though, the core Fire Emblem gameplay is some real comfort food material. Every turn you're making exciting risk-reward wagers, and pulling off narrow victories feels great.

04. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014, Wii U) ★★★★☆
Tropical Freeze is a near-perfect game. The developers at Retro Studios have basically set the new gold standard for 2D platformers, as far as I'm concerned. Gone are the days of unconnected levels; every level features the next one(s) in the background, and they're all lined up to tell a story. This is best seen in the Jungle World, which starts with bouncy fruits, moves to conveyor levels where the fruits are diced, has a water stage in the fruit pulp & juice, an ice level where the juice is turned into ice lollies, and culminates in a boss fight initiated because DK ruins a polar bear's popsicle. Is this a high bar for storytelling? No, but it's an effective way to string funny cut-scenes and gameplay together to deliver the best DK cartoon in existence.
The presentation is top-notch across the board, Tropical Freeze looks gorgeous and achieves comedy with ease. It's especially elevated by an unbelievably strong soundtrack; David Wise has turned in career-best work. There's so much good music here they can waste their best song (Busted Bayou) on a bonus level many players will never see. Even the track when booting from the Wii U menu is a jam!
So why no perfect score? For as much as DKCTF does right, I think it intentionally limits its accessibility a bit too much. Make no mistake, Tropical Freeze really earns its reputation as a difficult platformer. There are just no easy levels here, none. Even the first one would be challenging to a novice, and the 6th world contains some really difficult ones. Add to this the trademark Retro Studios bossfights (a.k.a. way too long & no checkpoints), the antiquated Lives system resulting in loadtimes every time you bungle a jump and careen down a pit... It's easy to become frustrated with yourself. I just bought 99 lives to avoid ever running into a Game Over, but towards the end I was still losing ~8 lives per level despite the generous amounts you win back.
The partner characters also feel unbalanced. Dixie is so obviously the best character, there's really no point in using Diddy except during the 2 levels the game forces you to use him. Cranky meanwhile plays like a less intuitive Shovel Knight, and only really shines during a few bossfights. The re-release on Switch fixes some of these issues (loadtimes presumably, and Funky Kong serves as a defacto easy mode there), so that might be the way to go if you can. Terrific game, and very satisfying to beat, but I worry its difficulty will put many players off.

05. Bayonetta 2 (2014, Wii U) ★★★★★
If video games really are about creating power fantasies, Bayonetta 2 would logically be the best game ever. Where Hollywood blockbusters build up years of cross-overs before confronting the universe-ending bad guy, Bayonetta 2 has you laying waste to several of those calamities even before the title drops.
"Laying waste" feels accurate here, because Bayonetta is ludicrously powerful. She's always portrayed as a very capable character, and playing as her demonstrates why: you effortlessly pull offlast-minute slow-mo dodges, switch your weapons mid-combo, and summon ancient evils to devour your foes, all at blistering speeds. Controls are always smooth, fast & precise, even when you're literally kicking in the gates of Hell. Besides combat you don't really do much in Bayo 2. There's light exploration of many varied locales (Heaven, Hell, Italian cities, innards of massive creatures), but this is a beat-em-up at its core, and that's where the game excels.
The rest of the time you're watching cut-scenes. The story here is more focused and less nonsensical than in the predecessor, with an exuberant finale. Yes, you'll still roll your eyes in sync with Bayonetta whenever one of her various useless male co-stars tries to show off, but it kinda works to have these buffoons (Luka chiefly) serve as foils for the highly competent Bayonetta. Tha said, some scenes live in that uncomfortable grey area where you're no longer sure if they're parodying stereotypes, or just reinforcing them (see Rodin, and anything related to the sexualisation of Bayonetta herself). I think PlatinumGames tries to coast on irony and self-awareness (see also MadWorld), but at some point these things just become patterns, rather than meaningful critiques. My thoughts on these aspects aren't fully formed yet.
Overall though, Bayonetta 2 pushes the series to even greater heights. The controls feel smoother than ever, the combat is a delightful ballet of bullets and bad guys, the soundtrack is sick, and Bayonetta herself is a funny, likable lead character you'll easily root for.

06. FAST Racing Neo + DLC (2015, Wii U) ★★★★☆
I like F-Zero, I like Shin'en-produced games, so here's a shocker: I like FAST Racing Neo (a lot). It's a gorgeous futuristic racer, sounds appropriate, and offers quite the challenge. Definitely feels like the A.I. is cheating at times. There's some minor differences from F-Zero you have to (un)learn; I was really yearning for a sideswipe for instance. The production feels a bit lacking in personality too. F-Zero never really had well-rounded characters, let alone compelling drama, but compared to FAST it suddenly becomes clear how much having characters still injected a sense of personality into the game.
Yes, it's unfair to continually compare the two, but FAST actively courts this comparison by even hiring the announcer from F-Zero GX. This is not as good as GX, but very few games are, really. FAST offers a parallel universe glimpse at what could have been, and does an admirable job at it.

07. Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (1994, Wii U) ★★☆☆☆
Capcom have done an admirable job in the republishing of this one, but while improvements like configurable controls, achievements, online co-op, and endless continues are welcome... They are ultimately window dressing trying to distract from a rather dated and clunky beat-em-up. You're sorely lacking a block button for example, and the enemies can easily trap you in cycles of stunlocks. The attempts at creating replayability through multiple characters and branching paths are a good fit for the D&D setting. Fiercely dislike the Shadow Elf boss!

08. Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (1996, Wii U)
In progress.

09. Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition (2015, Wii U)
In progress.

xx. Robotron 64 (1998, N64) ★★★☆☆
Port of 1996's Robotron X on PS1. For what is essentially a twin-stick shooter ported to a single stick platform, I do wonder if this version is inferior, but I had an all right time with it. Run circles around 200 waves of robots, blast them to bits, rescue civilians. The acid/techno soundtrack is aggressively mid-nineties and does get grating, although it's repetitive enough to get you in the zone. There's some annoyingly unclear visual language here, projectiles and civilians can blend into the background at times. The designs in general feel hardly inspired to be honest, but maybe they were kept simple to make sure the framerate doesn't die with 10,000 bullets on screen...?

xx. Star Soldier (2005, PSP) ★★★★☆
The long-running Star Soldier franchise has seen many re-releases and remakes of the original, including this one optimised for vertical play on the PSP. I was surprised by how well this played, there's very few archaic touches here. Some of the mini-bosses repeat (too often), but everything moves at a fast enough pace to not get grating. This version also tries to address the core Star Soldier flaw of being functionally helpless after losing a life since it strips you of your upgrades, by immediately dropping a level 1 upgrade nearby on respawning. It's not a perfect solution, but the attempt is appreciated. Game sounds and looks great too, bummer this never left Japan, but it's worth tracking down for genre fans.

xx. Puyo Pop Fever (2004, PSP) ★★★☆☆
I've never been very big on Puyopuyo; the gameplay is less immediately accessible than Tetris, Tumblestone, or even Columns. This version manages to be a bit more unique though, by including the Fever mode which triggers when you make quick chains. It's really just a temporary power-up, but it's a powerful method to make comebacks with. The rest of the game still doesnt appeal to me very much (the story is awful, the voice acting is grating, and the cut-scenes are very lifeless), and I continue to feel like Puyopuyo is bad at explaining how to get better at it, but overall this was fine.

xx. Power Stone (2006, PSP) ★★☆☆☆
You know how people advise to never meet your idols? Power Stone Collection on PSP is that statement become manifest. The original is one of those elusive DreamCast classics I remember playing with friends in '99. Since there's no real easy ways to play it (or its sequel) beside the PSP Collection, I figured I'd give it a go there.
The port looks sharp and colourful, plays fast, and offers a bunch of unlockables. Yet playing it is an exercise in frustration: the tiny PSP screen does not mesh with any of the camera options, so getting a good read on attack animations becomes tough. This is only further compounded by the busy stages with lots of items flying around and the lack of a block button - the speed of the game becomes a disadvantage for the player. Whether it's the visual illegibility, the PSP controls, my geriatric reflexes, or something else; this game is also a lot more difficult than I remember. Beating Vagal is really frustrating and had me wasting several continues, while the final boss is an absolute pushover. These balancing issues are also very evident in the roster; Gunrock just steamrolls everyone.
Lastly, I think the core mechanic of chasing the power crystals here is... Kinda broken? The A.I. will always favour hit & run tactics to collect them and unleash super moves. What's the point in having all these combos when you're sprinting towards the Win The Match Gems after every 2nd hit? Really bummed about this one, it's clear Power Stone works much better in multiplayer on a different platform.

xx. Power Stone 2 (2006, PSP) ★★★☆☆
Power Stone 2 is a mostly iterative sequel. Couple more characters, more items, new stages which each transform on various occassions... It also adds an adventure mode with selectable paths to make the single player feel a bit more substantive. On the whole I think that, while this one suffers from similar problems as Power Stone 1 on PSP, its problems are less pronounced. The actual power stones themselves spawn much less frequently, and opponents don't always scramble to get them. Combined with the moving stages forcing characters in a similar direction, these choices result in less battles of playing keep-away, and you're less inclined to settle for hit-and-run strategies. Sure, the stages always move in predictable fashion, which does diminish their potential for surprise after a few times... But simultaneously I think it also helps to construct a more unique identity for the series.
Ultimately I think these games don't translate well to the portable format due to long load times and a fundamental camera angle problem, but Power Stone 2 is a much less frustrating affair at least.

Last edited:

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Isle of Man
Here for another year, last year being my best ever at 30 so I’ve got some work to do.

5 games currently in progress, let’s see if I can get them done this month!

Goals for 2020!
  • Finally play and finish The Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild & Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • Play and finish all entries in the Halo series before Halo Infinite
  • Clear my Physical Backlog by Christmas
  • Catch up on all the Switch games that interest me
  • Have fun and beat 52 Games!

Games to beat this year
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence (Xbox One)
  • Bayonetta 2 (Switch)
  • Death Stranding (PS4)
  • Doom Eternal (Xbox One)
  • Fallout Shelter (Switch)
  • Halo CE (Xbox One)
  • Halo 2 (Xbox One)
  • Halo 3 (Xbox One)
  • Halo 4 (Xbox One)
  • Halo Reach (Xbox One)
  • Halo 5 (Xbox One)
  • Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Switch)
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
  • Mario Kart 8 (Switch)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One)
  • Paladins (Switch)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One)
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake (Xbox One)
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Xbox One)
  • Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox One)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Xbox One)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  • The Outer Worlds (Xbox One)
  • The Witcher 3 (Xbox One)
  • Untitled Goose Game (Xbox One)
  • Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (Xbox One)

Current Games in Progress
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  • Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (Xbox One)
  • The Outer Worlds (Xbox One)
  • Untitled Goose Game (Xbox One)
  • Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox One)
Games Beaten in 2020 (4)
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Nintendo Switch) 9th January 2020 - 20 Hours - 100% Completion - 9/10
  • Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Switch) 15th January 2020 - 7 Hours - Beaten - 9/10
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox One) 20th January 2020 - 15 Hours - 840/1045G - 8/10
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox) 26th January 2020 - 5 Hours - Beaten

Last edited:

chrominance

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, yet another year I miss the first page. I blame Death Stranding.

My hope this year is just to equal what I did last year, which is beat 26 games (one game every TWO weeks instead of the full 52). I'm also hoping to keep my backlog growth to a minimum: one game in, one game out. I have no real clue if that's realistic for me but goals are good nonetheless! This goal is dead; bundles and subscriptions made this infeasible pretty much out of the gate.

PREVIOUS YEARS
2019:
27 games (full post, wrap-up)
2018: 9 games (full post)
2017: 52 games (full list, wrap-up)
2016: 56 games
2015: 59 games
2014: 63 games

COMPLETED GAMES

1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PC, 2018) - 0:38 (+0:57 in 2019) - COMPLETED January 2
Short and kinda sweet, but also a bit inconsequential. Basically a video game vignette, with a surprising amount of detail to what seems like a tiny side story in Life Is Strange 2?

2. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PS4, 2018) - 7:48 - COMPLETED January 5
The good news is the game feels better to play than Persona 4: Dancing All Night--still robotic at times, but less so than the original. As a result, I like it quite a bit more. The bad news is there's a lot less content, and while I don't really miss the story mode, it doesn't take very long to go through the game's tracklist on multiple difficulties. Modifiers and frankly mediocre social link events don't do a lot to help with this, either. I can see ekeing out a few more hours to get the Platinum, but after that the only reason to play would be to try and King Crazy all the songs on All Night difficulty, which... no.

3. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (PS4, 2018) - 6:44 - COMPLETED January 6
A very similar game to its Persona 3 counterpart, but somehow feels like the afterthought despite being connected to the most recent mainline entry in the franchise. The soundtrack isn't as good, the UI looks overworked compared to both Persona 5 and Dancing in Moonlight, and the characters feel more like caricatures here than they did in Dancing in Moonlight. Plus this game is, like, way hornier than Dancing in Moonlight, to its detriment. Still, if you liked the Persona 3 version, I see no reason not to play this too.

4. Pixel Puzzle Collection (Android, 2018) - 4:51 (+76:12 in 2019) - COMPLETED January 8
The first Picross-style game I played was Paint It Back a few years ago, and I spent 50+ hours on that game. Pixel Puzzle Collection is more of the same, but I guess 80+ hours is maybe my limit; by the time I got to the final puzzles the whole Picross thing felt a little stale. Still, if you love Picross, this is a great collection of puzzles, and the price of $0.00 can't be beat either.

5. Wolfenstein Youngblood (PC, 2019) - 7:15 (+7:37 in 2019) - COMPLETED January 12
Came back to this after a few months away, and was surprised to learn I still mostly knew how to play it. The second half was more fun than the first half; fully understanding what the game is trying to be (and what it's not) helped put me in the right mindset to enjoy the last set of missions. Still not totally sold on having to match ammo types to armor, but the co-op structure of the game and the AI buddy did in fact save my bacon a few times, so there's that.

6. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (PC, 2019) - 12:11 (+5:17 in 2019) - COMPLETED January 18
Rides the ragged edge of my tolerance for difficult games. The final boss fight was infinitely more frustrating than everything that came before it, but I can't quite bring myself to blame the game for this; I just wish I was better at this kind of thing. Jedi Fallen Order is otherwise a great Star Wars game, with a stronger story and better characters than The Rise of Skywalker. And yeah, besides me not being great at it, the combat is really fun.

7. River City Girls (Switch, 2019) - 8:02 - COMPLETED January 20
It's cool and stylish and funny and just hard enough that I hated my life for short periods of time but not so hard that I felt like giving up on the game entirely. Give Misako and Kyoko more games!

8. Wattam (PC, 2019) - 4:03 - COMPLETED January 22
For most of the game's running time, I was confused. Too simple mechanically to appeal to adults, a little too knowing to feel like it was really for kids, Wattam felt like a game relying largely on charm. But then something in the game changes, and you realize the charm was the whole point: not just to be cute and adorable, but to quickly build an emotional rapport that pays off in a surprising way at the end.

9. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC, 2017) - 6:32 - COMPLETED February 1
Definitely one of the more compelling characters and stories I've seen in a video game, though I can't speak to the nuances of Hellblade's depiction of mental illness. And after Jedi Fallen Knight, the combat is thankfully not as difficult, though the game loves throwing crowds at you without giving you many tools to deal with them effectively.

10. Slay the Spire (PC, 2019) - 1:44 (+5:25 in 2018-2019) - COMPLETED February 2
I sort of fell off Slay the Spire early last year; roguelikes and I have a love/hate relationship, especially in the context of this challenge. But last September I visited a friend for a week and he wanted to buy a bunch of games for the Switch; I recommended Slay the Spire. We then proceeded to play hours of it (not counted as part of this game's playtime, fyi), passing the controller every time we lost a run (because of course we always lose the run). That's when I realized I hadn't given the game enough of my attention. Finishing with the Ironclad is hopefully the first of a string of victories to come.

11. Coffee Talk (PC, 2020) - 3:20 - COMPLETED February 3
At first, this felt like a somewhat clunkier version of VA-11 HALL-A, and even by the end it's hard to shake the comparison. But Coffee Talk puts its own unique spin on the genre; it's a cozier game with more down-to-earth problems. The characters feel a bit more like stand-ins for positions on various social issues at first, but eventually they start to gain unique personalities and feel more like people who know and care for each other in their own ways. Highly recommend playing it only at night, to mimic the atmosphere of the coffee shop you run.

12. Oden Cart: A Heartwarming Tale (Android, 2016) - 3:00? - COMPLETED February 8
Suggested as something I might like if I'm into Coffee Talk, but don't be fooled. There's a pretty neat story here, but the gameplay is practically non-existent; you check in every so often and clear away a bunch of gripes from your customers, hoping that some of them will be new. This process takes maybe a couple of seconds, but happens frequently enough to be annoying. If you want to see the story for a specific character, you have precious few options to speed up the process. Once you've unlocked about 80% of the game's stories, the game becomes incredibly grindy. There's a sequel, but I don't know why I'd subject myself to it.

13. Metro Exodus (PC, 2019) - 14:05 (+7:11 in 2019) - COMPLETED February 10
The first third of this game, which I played last year around launch, is a mixed bag. The linear sections are classic Metro, which is great! The first open-world area you visit, on the other hand, feels like a vampire intended to drain you of ammo, resources, and even the will to carry on at times. Upon reaching the Caspian Sea, I set the game down for a bit, which turned into weeks, and then months. Upon returning to Exodus, though, I found a more interesting and more pleasant game to play. The Caspian Sea struck a better resource balance, it was easier to get around, and the story was more compelling. And it only improves from there. If you stick with it long enough, Exodus will reward you in spades.

14. Yakuza 3 (PS4, 2019) - 35:48 - COMPLETED February 23
Yakuza 3 was my entry to the franchise, almost a decade ago, and it was great to revisit it here. I know so much more about how the games work now, and the story elements resonate more now that I know all the players and the plot developments. I was expecting some steps back in terms of quality of life, and with the new Kiwami remakes of 1 and 2, this is arguably the roughest of the main games to play. But aside from a lot more inventory juggling than I'd like, you don't notice too much. 35% completion is still not amazing compared to some of the other Yakuza games I've played, but it's a major improvement over the 11% I managed back in the days of the PS3, so I'm satisfied. Almost. I still have some hitman missions to finish up, and I think there's a few substories I didn't get to. Oh, and I should really invest some time in the colosseum maybe, and maybe I could wander around town with Haruka to build her trust more, and...

15. Mario Kart Tour (Android, 2019) - 9:08 - COMPLETED VANCOUVER CUP February 26
Since this is a gacha game that pretty much never ends, I've decided to call this done at the end of the first season I played, during which I completed every cup. My time with Mario Kart Tour so far has been a rollercoaster: first pleasant surprise at how not-terrible the controls seemed and how easy it was to get into the game, then growing frustration when I discovered the limits of the controls, and now vague resignation that the game is entertaining enough but also completely in thrall to its gacha monetization mechanics. I will say that it's the most actively entertaining a gacha game has been, in that I don't miss the auto-battle features other gacha games have. But it's also disheartening to know I will always be limited because I didn't buy that one kart or gacha my way into a high-end driver. I'll probably play at least another tour, just to see how the game progression is, but already I can feel the grind waiting for me.

16. The Sexy Brutale (PC, 2017) - 5:47 - COMPLETED February 28
The game didn't grab me at first; I figured after the first part that I was in for a string of increasingly complex and potentially tedious puzzles revolving around time manipulation. Luckily, this turned out not to be the case. Yes, there is a lot of time manipulation involved, but no, it never gets tedious or overly complex. There are a few moments where the game is very tight-lipped about what to do next, and there are some surprising performance glitches, but otherwise it's a neat puzzle game and a surprisingly interesting exploration of the occupants of this very peculiar mansion.

17. Tom Clancy's The Division 2: Warlords of New York (PC, 2020) - 15:50 - COMPLETED March 8
It turns out I will happily take any chance to return to the world of The Division. Everything you enjoyed about the base game is still here: great gunplay, neat loot, amazing post-apocalyptic scenery (check out the Financial District), ridiculous and easily ignorable story. Gear 2.0 is a neat shakeup and even without the campaign, it's been fun figuring out the new system and finally (finally!) knowing what to do with all the gear I like to hoard. I don't know what it says that people seem more invested (rightfully so?) in the New York story than DC, but hey--maybe that's something Ubisoft will address in The Division 3. I'll probably be there.

18. Tom Clancy's The Division (PC, 2016) - 16:26 (+12:14 in 2019) - COMPLETED March 15
Shortly after I finished The Division 2's campaign, I decided to try playing the first game in search of more of the same. What I found was a game that, despite having more than a year's worth of work to overhaul and polish its mechanics, felt worse to play than The Division 2. It's somewhat popular to think of The Division 2 as a failure, I guess because of the sales numbers combined with some latent appreciation for the snowy streets of New York City. But to me, The Division shows just how much Massive have managed to improve on the formula in the sequel. Still not a bad game, but mostly pointless unless you want to know how the story started.

PLAYED RECENTLY
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4, 2017)
- 40:17
Conduct Together! (Switch, 2018) - 0:20
Doom Eternal (PC, 2020) - 1:01
Half-Life Alyx (PC, 2020) - 7:04

PURGATORY
DJMAX RESPECT V (PC, 2019 Early Access) - 0:52 (+1:12 in 2019)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4, 2017) - 5:30 (+4:37 in 2017)
SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions (PC, 2019) - 1:16
Cook, Serve, Delicious! (PC, 2012) - 1:47 (+4:05 in 2012-2013)
The Crew (PC, 2014) - 5:06
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum n' Fun (Switch, 2019) - 0:23
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX (PC, 2020) - 10:21
Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch, 2018) - 1:23 (+24:28 in 2018)
Space Pirates and Zombies 2 (PC, 2017) - 2:47
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled (PS4, 2019) - 4:40
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (PC, 2016) - 1:14

1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PC) | 2nd Jan - 1.6hrs
2. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PS4) | 5th Jan - 7.8hrs
3. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (PS4) | 6th Jan - 6.7hrs
4. Pixel Puzzle Collection (Android) | 8th Jan - 81.0hrs
5. Wolfenstein Youngblood (PC) | 12th January - 14.9hrs
6. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (PC) | 18th January - 17.5hrs
7. River City Girls (Switch) | 20th January - 8.0hrs
8. Wattam (PC) | 22nd January - 4.0hrs
9. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC) | 1st Feburary - 6.5hrs
10. Slay the Spire (PC) | 2nd February - 7.1hrs
11. Coffee Talk (PC) | 3rd February - 3.3hrs
12. Oden Cart: A Heartwarming Tale (Android) | 8th February - 3.0hrs
13. Metro Exodus (PC) | 10th February - 21.3hrs
14. Yakuza 3 (PS4) | 23rd February - 35.8hrs
15. Mario Kart Tour (Android) | 26th February - 9.1hrs
16. The Sexy Brutale (PC) | 28th February - 5.8hrs
17. Tom Clancy's The Division 2: Warlords of New York (PC) | March 8 - 15.8hrs
18. Tom Clancy's The Division (PC) | March 15 - 28.7hrs

Last edited:

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Page 2 again! lol Beat the challenge two years in a row now, let's see if I can do a third.

Most Recently Beaten Game: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Overall Count: 20/52

1. The Outer Worlds (PS4) | 4th Jan - 30hrs | 3.5/5
2. BioShock Infinite (Steam) | 14th Jan - 10hrs | 5/5
3. AI: The Somnium Files (PS4) | 15th Jan - 25hrs | 5/5
4. Furi (Switch) | 20th Jan - 3hrs | 3.5/5
5. Donut County (PS4) | 25th Jan - 3hrs | 4/5
6. Death Stranding (PS4) | 3rd Feb - 45hrs | 4/5
7. Code Vein (PS4) | 12th Feb - 34hrs | 5/5
8. Akane (Switch) | 14th Feb - 3 hrs | 3.5
9. Dreams (PS4) | 15th Feb - 5hrs | 4/5
10. Yakuza 3 (PS4) | 26th Feb - 25hrs | 4/5
11. Vanquish (PS4) | 27th Feb - 4hrs | 5/5
12. LEGO City Undercover (Switch) | 2nd Mar - 12hrs | 4/5
13. LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga (Steam) | 3rd Mar - 10hrs | 4.5/5
14. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch) | 6th Mar - 48hrs | 5/5
15. The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (PS4) | 7th Mar - 5hrs | 4/5
16. Star Wars Battlefront II (Steam) | 8th Mar - 4hrs | 5/5
17. SEGA Ages Puyo Puyo 2 (Switch) | 10th Mar - 2hrs | 4/5
18. Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch) | 18th Mar - 8hrs | 4/5
19. Yakuza 4 (PS4) | 25th Mar - 34hrs | 5/5
20. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) | 2nd Apr - 70hrs | 5/5

Last edited:

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Welcome to 2020 everyone!

2019 - 73 games
2018 - 90 games
2017 - 72 games

1. Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (Switch) | 1 January 2020
2. New Super Mario Bros. U (Switch) | 3 January 2020
3. Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch) | 4 January 2020
4. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) | 7 January 2020
5. Thirty Flights of Loving (Steam) | 7 January 2020
6. Gravity Bone (Steam) | 9 January 2020
7. Control (PS4) | 16 January 2020
8. Sparklite (Switch) | 21 January 2020
9. Puzzle Book (Switch) | 23 January 2020
10. Outer Wilds (Xbox One) | 30 January 2020
11. Tangle Tower (Switch) | 30 January 2020
12. Tametsi (Steam) | 31 January 2020
13. Final Fantasy Adventure: Mystic Quest (Switch) | 2 February 2020
14. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Switch) | 5 February 2020
15. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All (Switch) | 9 February 2020
16. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch) | 16 February 2020
17. Forager (Switch) | 18 February 2020
18. The Turing Test (Xbox One) | 22 February 2020
19. Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood (Steam) | 24 February 2020
20. Rusty Lake Hotel (Steam) | 25 February 2020
21. Rusty Lake: Roots (Steam) | 29 February 2020
22. Rusty Lake Paradise (Steam) | 1 March 2020
23. AER: Memories of Old (PS4) | 2 March 2020
24. Tetris 99 (Switch) | 8 March 2020
25. Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch) | 10 March 2020
26. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (3DS) | 20 March 2020
27. PictoQuest (Switch) | 22 March 2020
28. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One) | 27 March 2020

1. Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (Switch) | 1 January 2020
Complete playthrough. A short and fairly simple first-person point-and-click puzzle game with a secret agent theme, Agent A generally achieves what it sets out to achieve, with logical solutions to puzzles. Difficulty comes mostly from working out (and remembering) what can be interacted with rather than the interactions themselves, as especially in the later chapters there are numerous areas throughout which the puzzles take place - which can lead to some frustration. Of course, a quick reference to a guide is an easy way to relieve that!

2. New Super Mario Bros. U (Switch) | 3 January 2020
5-starred save file (100% completion) for story mode, as part of New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. While I played New Super Mario Bros. U in its original form on Wii U, that was now several years ago so this felt like a fresh experience. Level design is up to Nintendo's usual high standards, with nice variety in environment themes to keep things interesting and some well-hidden secrets. Ultimately most of the game follows a familiar formula, but that doesn't detract from the satisfying gameplay that Nintendo's 2D platformers are always able to deliver.

3. Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch) | 4 January 2020
Completed with gold ranks on all stages and the majority of 'Zodiac riddles' solved. An absolutely superb, extremely stylish rhythm game, with a stunning electronic pop soundtrack. The level design and variety is excellent throughout, always perfectly complementing the soundtrack for each stage, with an electrifying sense of speed for the faster stages. Behind the gameplay and music is an uplifting story of recovery from heartbreak, which is a nice touch though not at all necessary for enjoyment of the game. While a short experience for a single playthrough (around an hour), chasing high scores ( I gather that there's a higher ranking even than gold) and achievements brings some longevity, quite aside from just enjoying the music.

4. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) | 7 January 2020
Platinum trophy earned. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is a superb achievement for Ninja Theory, telling the story of a young female warrior on a quest to restore the soul of her dead lover. The game has a very dark atmosphere throughout and has mental health as a core theme, with Senua suffering from psychosis that manifests itself most obviously through a number of voices that appear to speak to Senua throughout the game, displaying a range of personality traits, often directly opposing each other such as with fear and confidence. Senua's psychosis also allows for a refreshing unusual approach to plot exposition, with certain characters appearing to her to her and providing further background detail, creating a real sense of investment.

Sound direction is particularly outstanding, with a good pair of headphones being near-essential to experience the game at its best, allowing the use of binaural audio to evoke a sense of the voices being 'in your head'; environmental audio is similarly excellent and there's a compelling backing soundtrack. In terms of 'gameplay', some of the puzzle-solving is very interesting, making good use of illusion mechanics justified by Senua's psychosis. Combat mechanics, while not a primary focus of the game, are serviceable enough, and the environments that the game presents are always interesting, evocative and well-designed.

While the dark, at times 'horror'-based, themes that Senua's Sacrifice centres itself upon wouldn't usually to my tastes, this has been a very memorable experience and one that I'd highly recommend.

5. Thirty Flights of Loving (Steam) | 7 January 2020
Complete playthrough. Thirty Flights of Loving is a very short first-person story with limited interactivity. It quite effectively draws the player into its story through the use of jump cuts between scenes that clearly take place in sequence, but with notable gaps between them, inviting you to fill in the details of its plot. While perhaps part of the charm, the very primitive graphical style may be a turn-off for many, but the soundtrack is pretty good. Although very cheap, I'm not sure that I'd recommend buying this on its own (I received it as part of a bundle), but it's an interesting experience to play through while it lasts - overall I'd give the game a qualified recommendation

6. Gravity Bone (Steam) | 9 January 2020
Complete playthrough. An earlier game from Blendo Game, Gravity Bone shares the short length and oddball graphical style of Thirty Flights of Loving, but actually I found that I enjoyed it somewhat more. The game still jumps between scenes, but the events are more clearly defined, alongside having more interesting objectives and an enjoyable sense of humour throughout.

7. Control (PS4) | 16 January 2020
Platinum trophy earned. Control is easily among my highlights of 2019, with well-realised combat that conveys a real sense of power, alongside an excellent control scheme that ensures that a diverse set of supernatural powers are always right at your fingertips. Where the game really excels, though, is in the superbly well-crafted setting - the "Oldest House" that the game tasks you to explore holds some fascinating secrets, while an extensive range of collectibles - including text documents, images, voice recordings and videos - flesh out the background lore that sits behind the engrossing story.

8. Sparklite (Switch) | 21 January 2020
Beaten with all Refuge upgrades purchased.Sparklite is an enjoyable, though fairly shallow, rogue-lite with 2D Zelda-style core gameplay. With five main areas that each unlock after defeating the boss of the previous area, the procedurally-generated game world is nicely varied and enjoyable to explore. Each time that your character is loses all life, they'll be rescued and returned to an airborne 'Refuge', where ability upgrades can be purchased, then applied to a customisable 'patch' board to take effect for your next run. While these upgrades allow for increased life, greater damage output, reduced damage received, etc., ability upgrades and gadgets can be collected from the game world as you progress, some of which are nicely imaginative.

The core combat mechanic works well, while rarely being overly difficult so long as you're careful; the end of area boss fights are definite highlights and very satisfying to beat, especially when you're able to master the attack patterns and emerge unscathed. That said, I found the final boss encounter to be somewhat frustrating (no specifics so as to avoid spoilers), but I suppose as the climax to the game a bit of a difficulty spike is justifiable!

9. Puzzle Book (Switch) | 23 January 2020
All sizes completed for all puzzles. Puzzle Book is a jigsaw puzzle game, with a total of 34 puzzles to solve within six different themes, from animals through to space and fantasy. Although the gameplay is inherently rather simplistic, the controls are well-implemented in both docked and undocked modes and the puzzle images are brightly-coloured and attractive, alongside an appropriately relaxed soundtrack. With each puzzle being available in six different sizes, from 6 pieces up to 60, there's a good range of complexity, making this a decent package as far as it goes.

10. Outer Wilds (Xbox One) | 30 January 2020
100% complete, aside from the Hotshot achievement. Outer Wilds is a simply stunning exploration game, with a superbly crafted mystery threaded throughout the solar system that allows a completely free-form approach - but to say much more would risk getting into spoilers. While the controls take a little getting used to, it's absolutely worth pushing through that initial friction. Special mention also must go to the incredibly poignant and well-used soundtrack.

11. Tangle Tower (Switch) | 30 January 2020
Complete playthrough. With an enjoyable mix of gameplay styles along the lines of the Ace Attorney and Professor Layton series, Tangle Tower tasks the player with finding clues, solving puzzles and composing deductions with the aim of solving a murder case. While never overly challenging - there's no fail state for any of the puzzles and a handy hint system is available to suggest potential ways forward - the game is enjoyable throughout. It's a little on the short side - the game wraps up surprisingly quickly once the initial investigative stages are completed - but an enjoyable soundtrack, superb writing and voice-acting, alongside animation that imbues the characters with a great deal of personality, ensure that this is an enjoyable package all around.

12. Tametsi (Steam) | 31 January 2020
All puzzles completed without errors; 100% of achievements unlocked. The next step up from the excellent Hexcells, Tametsi is a fiendishly difficult combination of Minesweeper and Picross, with a few other elements thrown in to provide greater variety still. Mechanically, the game is well-implemented, with a free drawing tool available to sketch out possible solutions/thought processes before committing to revealing tiles, but the game's quality really turns on the puzzle design, which really can't be faulted. With 160 puzzles on offer, all of which can be solved entirely without guessing, Tametsi will last you a long time.

13. Final Fantasy Adventure: Mystic Quest (Switch) | 2 February 2020
Complete playthrough. Despite the name, Final Fantasy Adventure is actually the predecessor to Secret of Mana rather than the Final Fantasy series. While clearly primitive nowadays given its original Gameboy origins, for its time this is an incredibly impressive game, with a large world to explore, enjoyable combat and a story with a few interesting twists, alongside a thoroughly excellent soundtrack. I'd have liked there to little more guidance to the world exploration - at times it feels like it's relying on trial-and-error, especially given the very limited information on the in-game map - but we do at least have a good number of guides and walkthroughs about the remedy that. I now really ought to find some time to play Secret of Mana properly at some point, especially given that this was from the excellently put together Collection of Mana compilation - which for this game, sees the inclusion of the European, US and Japanese versions, as well as the Super Gameboy recolouring.

14. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Switch) | 5 February 2020
Complete playthrough. Although of course I knew about this visual novel adventure series, up until now I've never actually played any of the game; with the remastered release on Switch of the first three games came a perfect opportunity to fix that. I had a good time with this first game, which great writing and dialogue throughout, impressively expressive characters and enjoyable, often humourous stories behind each of the five cases. At times I felt that the investigative portions of the game went on for a little too long, but the trial scenarios - which are very much the highlight - more than made up for that. The remastered presentation of the game is excellent, making this an excellent way to experience the start to this long-running series.

15. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All (Switch) | 9 February 2020
Complete playthrough. Moving swiftly on to the second Phoenix Wright game, Justice For All picks up nicely from its predecessor, as we start to see that characters recur not just within individual games but across the series as a whole, allowing us to get to know them really rather well, whether allies or adversaries of Phoenix. Justice For All sees the introduction of a few new mechanics to spice up the game's investigative portions of, notably including "psyche locks", bite-sized puzzles where, similar to the trials, you have to present appropriate evidence to open up certain dialogue paths with the character in question. There are some nice additions to the regular case and the writing remains excellent, though to my mind the stories are a little weaker than those of the first game.

16. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch) | 16 February 2020
Complete playthrough. A return to form after a slight drop with Justice For All, in Trials and Tribulations the series feels like it's really finding its feet, though it's sadly also the end of this core trilogy. The game nicely mixes up the scenarios with the use of characters other than Phoenix as protagonist, allowing us to see things from a different point of view, allowing us to get to know some of the supporting cast better than the series has previously allowed. With everything wrapped around some impressively well-devised scenarios and the writing and humour remaining as strong as ever, Trials and Tribulations is an excellent climax to this trilogy package.

17. Forager (Switch) | 18 February 2020
100% of in-game 'feats' completed, aside from one blocked by a bug. In Forager, your character starts off on a small island, surrounded by rocks and trees, and equipped only with a pickaxe - and from these humble beginnings, you'll gradually build a thriving industry across an expansive series of islands. Viewed from a traditional overhead perspective, the game puts all of the core resource-gathering, building and other core abilities within easy reach, while a well-developed skill grid ensures that there's always another progression objective just a short distance away.

Ultimately, Forager is in large part a game about progression for its own sake - there's no storyline to speak of - but it's undoubtedly a compelling experience, as you see the resources roll in with an increasingly self-sufficient and even automated industry. A handful of NPCs, landmarks and even dungeons scattered across the various islands that you buy to expand your play area bring some enjoyable variety to the experience, though once you reach the endgame and max out the skill tree, eventually there's not that much reason to keep playing. I know that the PC version has seen significant expansion since release, but while it still showcases a development roadmap on the title screen, the Switch game remains at v1.0.0 - here's hoping that we'll see the expansion content coming to consoles before too long!

18. The Turing Test (Xbox One) | 22 February 2020
100% of achievements unlocked. The Turing Test is a first-person puzzle game with a sci-fi setting. While similar to Portal and The Talos Principle in gameplay, the puzzles generally tend towards being more straightforward, though there's still enough challenge to make solving them satisfying. The core puzzle mechanic is built around moving energy from one place to another, opening doors and activating switches and other devices, ultimately to unlock and reach the exit of each of the 70 core 'chambers' (to borrow language from Portal). This starts off with the use of energy-providing blocks, but quickly expands with the use of an energy-absorbing 'gun', pulsing energy sources and other variations. The gameplay is nicely complemented by a plot based around the definition and limitations of AI (hence the title), which while in some ways a little cliched, still manages to build interest and draw you through the game.

19. Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood (Steam) | 24 February 2020
100% of achievements unlocked. My first foray into Hidden Object Games, Enigmatis represents its genre well despite its age. The premise here sees a amnesiac detective exploring a village on the track of a serial killer and a missing girl - not the most original, but it does its job. The core gameplay comprises two elements - exploring the town through a number of fixed scenes, collecting evidence and solving simple puzzles, then solving the 'hidden object' scenes that give the genre its name. I was surprised quite how compelling this gameplay can be, as objects gradually get removed from the scene as you locate them from the list that you're tasked with; the repeat usage of most scenes (two or three times each in total), rather than feeling too repetitive, actually works well as you recall where certain items are from previous encounters and further 'tidy up' the scene. The artwork for each scene is consistently impressive and there's a fittingly relaxed soundtrack Away from these scenes, the puzzle-solving element of the game also works well; I was particularly pleased with the well-implemented map and objective system, which directs you to locations where there's something for you to do, avoiding the need for any aimless and unproductive trial-and-error exploration.

20. Rusty Lake Hotel (Steam) | 25 February 2020
Three stars for all recipes. Having heard the Rusty Lake series name several times, I knew that the games are well-regarded, but I hadn't realised that the themes would be quite so dark! This first game in the series, the goal of Rusty Lake Hotel is essentially to murder each of five anthropomorphised animal 'guests' at the titular hotel, to be served as dinner the following day to the remaining guests. This is achieved through solving point-and-click puzzles taking place in the room of each guest, each of which is a well-designed, self-contained 'puzzle box', with a series of tasks that rarely get overly obtuse, a nice contrast from many other games in the genre. As a game build in Flash, technically it's not particularly impressive, but the graphics and audio do there job in setting the tone, with a distinctive art style throughout. With a short run time - around 1-2 hours unguided - I had a good time here, and look forward to exploring other games in the series.

21. Rusty Lake: Roots (Steam) | 29 February 2020
100% of achievements unlocked. The immediate follow-up to Rusty Lake Hotel and, having now played all three of the 'premium' games in the series, probably my favourite, Rusty Lake: Roots builds nicely on the foundations of the first game. The core puzzle gameplay remains just as enjoyable, while also expanding the range of mechanics employed - my only significant criticism in this regard is that the occasional memorisation puzzle is something that I could do without. While the narrative links to Rusty Lake Hotel and its dark themes aren't immediately evident, as the game progresses, we see a more expansive storyline play out, with clear callbacks to imagery and characters from the prequel. The game makes good use of an impressively non-linear approach, structuring itself as a series of independent scenarios within a family tree structure, progressing through time across a number of branches that can be tackled in an order of the player's choice. Common across the series, the game is still built on Flash, but within that constraint, this is an impressive and enjoyable achievement for the developer.

22. Rusty Lake Paradise (Steam) | 1 March 2020
100% of achievements unlocked. Rusty Lake Paradise is the final game in the Rusty Lake trilogy and takes a somewhat different approach from its predecessors - while much of the puzzle-solving gameplay remains similar, this time around, the game takes place across ten chapters in chronological sequence, each taking place in the same small set of areas, a direct contrast to Rusty Lake: Roots, where each scenario is largely standalone, but only across one or two areas at a time. This makes the game feel significantly smaller in scope - while there's a somewhat increased sense of continuity in the game as we see gradual changes in each area (seasonality is the easiest example to give while avoiding spoilers), which allows for some variety, ultimately the changes aren't significant enough to hold interest completely across ten chapters.

Rusty Lake Paradise also feels somewhat more akin to traditional 'point-and-click' adventure games, as often you need to travel between areas looking for a key item to allow progression, which detracts from the enjoyment of the core puzzle-solving gameplay. This isn't to say that the game is bad, as it's a long way from that - it just doesn't quite live up to the standard set by its direct predecessor in Rusty Lake: Roots.

23. AER: Memories of Old (PS4) | 2 March 2020
Platinum trophy earned. AER: Memories of Old is a fairly straightforward, but very relaxing exploration/3D platform game, with some straightforward puzzle-solving. The protagonist has the ability to transform into a bird in the main overworld segments, which brings with it an excellent, satisfying sense of freedom in motion. This is also essential to the gameplay, with the world made up of groups of floating islands across a range of biomes - which bring the potential for some beautiful scenes, despite (or perhaps because of?) the fairly simple, stylised graphical style. With three primary underground 'temples' as the basis for the game's progression, these each have some enjoyable puzzle-solving, but overall the game is quite short, comfortably beatable within 3-4 hours - which is probably about right given it's general simplicity, to ensure that the game doesn't outstay its welcome.

24. Tetris 99 (Switch) | 8 March 2020
Achieved Tetris Maximus, i.e., first place. Well, I'd pretty much accepted that I'd never manage this, but I *finally* won a game of Tetris 99 so, while I'm still going to be playing it, I'm counting this one in my list here - it's a really great feeling to win! It's been said many times over by now, but the combination of Battle Royale mechanics with the evergreen purity of Tetris' core gameplay works extremely well; the additional game modes offered by the Big Block DLC then extends the game's offering to a nicely rounded package. The main game mode inherently comes with some frustration from feeling 'ganged up upon' at times, which can just be from blind chance, but conversely, achieving 'knock outs' is very satisfying. Meta-progression through daily 'quests', levelling up and the award of different player icons for a wide range of achievement criteria ensures that there's always a reason to keep playing, which I'm sure that I'll be doing for a fair while longer.

25. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Switch) | 10 March 2020
100% in-game completion on normal difficulty; all achievements unlocked except those imposing play-style restrictions (no deaths, no abilities, etc.).
I've previously played Ori and the Blind Forest when originally released on Xbox 360, but never - until now - this Definitive Edition, despite owning it three times over. The game remains exceptionally beautiful, both visually and aurally, alongside a touching storyline that ties in very nicely with this overall aesthetic. The gameplay starts off a little basic, but as Ori learns new abilities, the traversal possibilities open up massively and become very satisfying - especially with the fantastic 'bash' - as well as being well-rewarded with a plethora of secrets to discover.

Ori has a well-deserved reputation as a challenging game, and certainly can bring its fair share of frustration in places - but instant restarts upon death help to minimise this, and as ever, the satisfaction upon success is proportional to the level of challenge. This does, however, mean that completion on Normal difficulty is *plenty* for me!

Bring on The Will of the Wisps!

26. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (3DS) | 20 March 2020
135/135 puzzles completed, 5,302/5,302 picarats, 200/200 hint coins collected and none used. Starting the Professor Layton series (which I've now bought the majority of), I had a good time with this. The game has a nice variety of puzzles, all bound together with an fun detective story - even if it stretches its credibility by the end. There's perhaps a little too much reliance on lateral thinking type puzzles, though those are actually the most enjoyable to solve - and a well-realised hint system is available is available for those times when you might find yourself stuck. Excellent music and very characterful hand-drawn graphics/art round out an impressive first instalment for the series, which I'll definitely be continuing to play more of.

27. PictoQuest (Switch) | 22 March 2020
All puzzles completed. PictoQuest is a decently entertaining picross game, probably a little on the easier end of the scale. The RPG theme promises quite a lot, but ultimately adds little to the game - I didn't find it necessary to make use of the available items at any point, especially as they'd only have served to make the puzzles easier - which is somewhat contrary to the point of solving them! Ultimately, it's still picross so if you enjoy this type of puzzle you'll have a good time with this, but, while some competitor games innovate with multiple colours, multi-part puzzles or other variants, PictoQuest doesn't really push the genre in any significant way.

28. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One - Game Pass) | 27 March 2020
100% in-game completion on normal difficulty; all achievements unlocked except those imposing play-style restrictions (no deaths, no abilities, etc.). Another stunningly beautiful 'Metroidvania', this follow-up to Ori and the Blind Forest improves on that already excellent game in a number of significant ways. Once again the game trades place in a well-designed world that's a joy to explore, now with a greatly expanded set of abilities to mix up the gameplay. In particular, combat is greatly improved and feels much more meaningful, with a range of meaningfully different weapons on offer - from a basic sword to spears and throwing stars. The trademark escape sequences return, though perhaps here are a little more forgiving and the story, while fairly simple, is suitably emotional and touching. The one notable criticism is that at present the game is somewhat rough technically, with fairly frequent seconds-long freezes after the game's been running for a short while and also a few complete crashes - hopefully a patch will be along before too long to fix these!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Saving for main post!

I already having a running list ready, I think I can do this again

January

1. Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS4 - 55 hours) January 2nd : Didn't like as much as the first, which is why I ran through it much quicker
2. Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard (PC - 1 hour) January 6th : Funny and short, I can't wait for the next one
3. Yakuza 3 (PS4 - 30 hours) January 12th : Slowly getting through the series, I thought this had the weakest story, and it for sure shows it's age
4. Leaving Lyndow (PC - 30 minutes) January 17th : Boring, only played it because I plan to play Eastshade sometime this year
5. Qora (PC - 2 hours) January 18th : Interesting, not sure what the message was at the end, but it looked cool
6. Gato Roboto (PC - 3 hours) January 19th : Really fun, wish it was a bit longer with more upgrades
7. The Hex (PC - 3 hours) January 24th : I thought this was kinda boring. I didn't go for the secret ending, couldn't be bothered
8. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PC - 6 hours) January 26th : First Shantae game, so I was surprised at how it was a fun and visually pleasing platformer

February

9. Journey to the Savage Planet (PS4 - 11 hours) February 2nd : Surprised by it, bought it on a whim after seeing a review. It was fun but became pretty repetitive during the end game
10. Proteus (PC - 30 minutes) February 7th : Cleaning out the backlog, boring game, but looked nice
11. The Adventure Pals (PC - 7 hours) February 9th : More fun than I thought it'd be, but like Journey to the Savage Planet, by the end game, it gets way too repetitive
12. Wide Ocean Big Jacket (PC - 1 hour) February 14th : Enjoyable if a bit short for the price.
13. Eastshade (PC - 6 hours) February 16th : Interesting world; I thought it'd be more of a walking simulator, but it had more to it. Definitely helped to have played Leaving Lyndow before
14. Kona (PC - 2 hours) February 22nd : Was interesting at first, then I stopped enjoying it due to performance issues and time taken to figure out where to go next

March
15. Gravity Rush 2 (PS4 - 27 hours) March 1st : Great follow up to a great game. I could've spent more time on the side quests, but many of them just felt pretty weak.
16. 198X (PC - 1 hour) March 8th : Loved the aesthetic and the music, didn't enjoy it as a game...way too edgy.
17. Diablo III: Eternal Collection (PS4 - 30 hours) March 18th : First time playing a Diablo like game. It felt...really grindy and easy, but that's probably because I started on Normal (never felt like I could die)
18. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC - 11 hours) March 22nd : I liked this one better than the first. Great game, can't recommend it enough
19. Hidden Through Time (PC - 2 hours) March 24th : Really easy find-the-hidden-object type game. Nice visuals, just wish it had more levels outside player made ones
20. Squidlit (PC - 30 minutes) March 29th : I don't know, just meh. Really short
21. Seasons After Fall (PC - 4 hours) March 31st : Another one from the backlog, too much backtracking, but overall decent game

Last edited:

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
52 games, year 6. Must... make it... to a decade...

PSN:

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live:

2015: 111 games completed (GAF) - List
2016: 73 games completed (GAF) - List
2017: 55 games completed (Era) - List
2018: 75 games completed (Era) - List
2019: 87 games completed (Era) - List

2020: 44 games beaten as of 4/4/2020

Currently Playing:
NSW: Shakedown Hawaii, New Super Mario Bros U, Travis Strikes Again, Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore
Steam: Gears 5, Doraemon Story of Seasons, Yu-No
PS4: Death Stranding, Spider-Man, DQB2
Xbox Live (XGPU PC): Forza Horizon 4
PSV: Shiren the Wanderer
3DS: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
iOS: What the Golf?

These are the games I've beaten in 2020!
(Mini-reviews will be put in the monthly summary link. First playthrough of all games unless otherwise mentioned.)

JANUARY 2020
Post 1 (Games 1-18)

1. 1/1/2020: 1 Screen Platformer (Steam), 0.7 hours
2. 1/5/2020: Rise of The Tomb Raider (Xbox Game Pass PC), around 22 hours
Previously beaten on Steam two years ago, played through again on XGP for achievements.
3. 1/5/2020: Wulverblade (Steam), 4 hours (replay)
Previously beaten on NSW, played again on PC for the first time.
4. 1/5/2020: RefRain - prism memories - (Steam), 93 minutes
5. 1/6/2020: Donut County (Steam), 101 minutes
6. 1/7/2020: Raging Justice (Steam), 115 minutes
7. 1/11/2020: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4), around 7 hours
8. 1/11/2020: The Song of Saya (Steam), 3 hours
9. 1/11/2020: Way of the Passive Fist (Steam), 5.3 hours
10. 1/11/2020: Soul Calibur VI (Steam), 19.4 hours
11. 1/11/2020: Subsurface Circular (Steam), 88 minutes (replay)
Previously beaten on NSW, played again on PC for the first time.
12. 1/12/2020: Karateka (Steam), around an hour
13. 1/14/2020: Assemble With Care (iOS), around an hour & 30 minutes
14. 1/14/2020: Caladrius Blaze (Steam), around 2.7 hours
Beat the PS4 version years ago, went in again on Steam. Beat the game around 5 times in various modes.
15. 1/18/2020: Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NSW), around 19 hours
16. 1/18/2020: The World Next Door (NSW), around 3.5 hours
17. 1/18/2020: Parascientific Escape: Cruise in the Distant Seas (3DS), 3 hours and 2 minutes
18. 1/19/2020: Gekisou!BenzaRace-ToiletShootingStar- (Steam), 36 minutes

FEBRUARY 2020
Post 2 (Games 19-28)

19. 2/2/2020: My Friend Pedro (Xbox Game Pass PC), around 3 hours
20. 2/7/2020: Universal Paperclips (Android), played on and off over 4 days, time unknown
21. 2/9/2020: A Plague Tale: Innocence (Xbox Game Pass PC), around 12 hours
22. 2/9/2020: Sayonara Wild Hearts (Steam), 75 minutes
23. 2/9/2020: The Gardens Between (Xbox Game Pass PC), around 3 hours (100%)
24. 2/12/2020: Graze Counter (Steam), 30 minutes
25. 2/14/2020: Florence (Steam), 40 minutes
26. 2/19/2020: Prehistoric Isle [SNK 40th] (Steam), 30 minutes
27. 2/22/2020: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (Steam), 9.1 hours
28. 2/22/2020: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors [The Nonary Games] (Steam), 15 hours

MARCH 2020

29. 3/2/2020: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Epic Game Store), around 18 hours
30. 3/9/2020: Dead Cells + The Bad Seed DLC (Steam), 11.5 hours
31. 3/10/2020: Double Dragon 1 [DD Trilogy] (Steam), 45 minutes
32. 3/14/2020: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Early Access), 1 hour
33. 3/15/2020: Colin Thiele's Storm Boy: The Game (NSW), 30 minutes
34. 3/16/2020: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Steam), 17.2 hours
35. 3/16/2020: 198X (Steam), 3 hours
36. 3/20/2020: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Steam), 15 hours
37. 3/22/2020: Ruiner (Xbox Game Pass PC), 5 hours
38. 3/26/2020: Full Throttle Remastered (Steam), 3.7 hours
39. 3/30/2020: Yooka Laylee & The Impossible Lair (Steam), 17 hours

APRIL 2020

40. 4/1/2020: Kuukiyomi: Consider It (Steam), 41 minutes
41. 4/1/2020: Raiden V: Director's Cut (Steam), 3.2 hours
42. 4/2/2020: Ittle Dew (Steam), 2 hours 45 minutes
43. 4/3/2020: King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition (Steam), 1 hour
44. 4/4/2020: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Xbox Game Pass PC), 6 hours

Last edited:

The Bear

of Love
Oct 25, 2017
1. Luigi's Mansion 3 | 13th Jan | 10hrs | 4/5

Last edited:

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go!

Update 1: January

1. Sayonara Wild Hearts (iOS) | 2nd January | 2hrs | 3.5/5
2. Creature in the Well (XB1) | 5th January | 5hrs | 4/5
3. The Outer Wilds (PC) | 15th January | 18hrs | 4.5/5
4. Tick Tock: A Tale for Two (PC) | 24th January | 3hrs | 4/5
5. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) | 28th January | 60hrs | 4.5/5
6. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (XB1) | 28th January | 8hrs | 4.5/5

X. NAME (PLATFORM) | Xth Month | Xhrs | X/5

Last edited:

Domstercool

Oct 27, 2017
Off we go again to a (hopefully much better time this year) awesome list of games to finish!

Already beat one today in one sitting! :D

1. Control (PC) | 1st Jan - 12.5hrs | 5/5

1: Control (PC) - 12 Hours 30 Minutes
#1st Jan - Brilliant game with a very engaging story and fun, fast gun/special power combat. 9/10

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Let's get it started: Last year

Beaten:

1. 1/1 - A Short Hike - PC - 02:00 - 8/10 - *humble vault*
  2. 1/1 - Far: Lone Sails - PC - 02:45 - 8/10 -
  3. 1/2 - Old Man's Journey - PC - 01:40 - 7/10 - *game pass*
  4. 1/4 - River City Girls - PC - 08:00 - 7/10 -
  5. 1/4 - Marie's Room - PC - 00:40 - 7/10 -
  6. 1/5 - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC - 07:30 - 7/10 -
  7. 1/12 - Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - PC - 12:50 - 8/10 -
  8. 1/12 - Sayonara Wild Hearts - Switch - 01:30 - 8/10 - *replay
  9. 1/17 - Mortal Kombat 11 - PC - 05:50 - 8/10 -
  10. 1/22 - Discolored - iPh7+ - 01:30 - *apple arcade*
  11. 1/27 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - PC - 47:00 - 9/10 -
  12. 1/29 - Terminator: Resistance - PC - 11:30 - 6/10 -
  13. 2/11 - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - Switch - 41:56 - 7/10 -
  14. 2/14 - DOOM (2016) - PC - 10:40 - 10/10 - first run on UV - *replay
  15. 2/16 - Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - PC - 07:41 - 9/10 - *replay
  16. 2/20 - Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - Switch - 08:03 - 9/10 - *replay 100%
  17. 2/21 - Neo Cab - iPh7+ - 7/10 - *apple arcade
  18. 2/29 - Luigi's Mansion 3 - Switch - 15:15 - 8/10 -
  19. 3/1 - One Finger Death Punch 2 - Switch - 7/10 - *replay
  20. 3/4 - Halo Reach (MCC) - X1 - 7/10 - *replay
  21. 3/6 - Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (MCC) - PC - 07:00 - 10/10 - *replay
  22. 3/8 - Black Mesa - PC - 15:00 - 9/10
  23. 3/12 - Half-Life 2 Update (w/mmod) - PC - 10/10 - *replay
  24. 3/12 - Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (w/mmod) - PC - 8/10 - *replay
  25. 3/15 - Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (w/mmod) - PC - 10/10 - *replay
  26. 3/15 - Super Crush KO - PC - 02:30 - 7/10 -
  27. 3/30 - Control - PS4 - 9/10 - *replay
  28. 4/1 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Remastered Campaign - PS4 - 06:00 - *replay

Currently Playing:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (X1/PC)
Doom Eternal (PS4)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)

Coming Soon:
MLB 20 The Show (PS4) - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) - Doom Eternal (PC/PS4) - Doom 64 (PC/PS4) - Half-Life: Alyx (PCVR) - Personal 5 Royale (PS4) - Resident Evil 3 (PC) - Final Fantasy VII (PS4) - Gears Tactics (PC) -The Wonderful 101 (PC/NS) - The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4) -

Recent Backlog:
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (X1) - Kentucky Route Zero (PC) - Super Crush K.O. (PC) - Death Stranding (PS4) - Devil May Cry 5 (X1/PC) - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NS) - Disco Elysium (PC) - Outer WIlds (PC) - The Outer Worlds (X1/PC) - Astral Chain (NS) - Fire Emblem Three Houses (NS) - Dragon Quest XI (NS) - Judgment (PS4) - The Touryst (NS) - Untitled Goose Game (NS) - Bayonetta (X1) - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (NS) - Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (PS4) -

Wall of Shame:
Deus Ex - No One Lives Forever 2 - Persona 3 - Planescape Torment - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - System Shock 2 - Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - Horizon Zero Dawn -

Hardware used: PlayStation 4 Pro. Xbox One X. Switch. Switch Lite. PC-7700k 1080ti 3440x1440p 120Hz gsync. HTC Vive w/index controllers. LG oledb7a 65". iPhone 7+. iPad (2018). Other.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It's a straight fucking lie to act like I'll complete this but I'll give it a shot. I don't get a lot of gaming time being a single dad with a toddler, just at night... and I tend to use that time to play Rocket League a lot.

My first hopefuls to complete this year will be SaGa Scarlet Grace (45 hours in so far, so close), Shovel Knight (I've beaten the original campaign but none of the others - are these all considered one game?) and soon a replay of the Jak trilogy.

Bernkastel

The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
  1. Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) - 05/01 - 16h 32m
  2. Remnant From the Ashes (XONE) - 09/01 - 17h 12m
  3. Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4) - 17/01 - 53h 42m
  4. The Last Door (PS4) - 21/01 - 11h
  5. Bioshock 2 (PS4) - 24/01 - 12h
  6. The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (Switch) - 26/01 - 8h
  7. Return of the Obra Dinn (PS4) - 06/02 - 10h
  8. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (3DS) - 10/02 - 12h
  9. Medievil (PS4) - 13/02 - 7h
  10. Divinity Original Sin 2 (PS4) - 08/03 - 111h19m
  11. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XONE) - 12/03 - 16h
  12. The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (PS4) - 14/03 - 6h51m
  13. Darksiders Genesis (PS4) - 17/03 - 19h40m
  14. Concrete Genie (PS4) - 19/03 - 5h
  15. Pikuniku (XONE) - 20/03 - 3h
  16. Resident Evil 5 (PS4) - 23/03 - 13h
  17. Nioh 2 (PS4) - 04/04 - 62h

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Yep, I'm in again, hopefully, this time I'll reach the goal. Finished only 35 games in 2019 after completing the challenge in 2017 and 2018, willing to complete it this time.
2017: 62 games finished
2018: 74 games finished
2019: 35 games finished

------------------

1. Shadow of the Tomb Raider - The Path Home - 3 hours
After 133 hours playing SotTR, I'm finally done with the main game and all DLCs. The last DLC is probably one of the best ones for this game, decent tomb, nice story bits - nothing amazing, but it's good for that it is. It's not worth it as a separate entity but as part of the Definitive edition? Sure, I'll take it.

2. The White Door - 2 hours
The White Door is a new point-and-click adventure game made by Rusty Lake and Second Maze. I’ve never played previous Rusty Lake games, but this one instantly caught my attention with its unusual artstyle and concept, so I’ve decided to give it a try. It's a pretty straightforward game, you just need to click or drag items on the screen to progress further. There’s a lot of puzzles, but they were all quite easy to solve and you probably won’t get stuck for more than a minute. My main issue with the gameplay is how it controls, it’s very noticeable that this game was made mainly for touchscreen devices. You occasionally need to do swipe moves with a pointer, and it just doesn’t feel natural to do them with the mouse. So yeah, if you don’t mind on which platform to play this game, getting it on mobile instead of PC is probably a better idea.
Anyway, you are not going to play The White Door for its gameplay, but for its artstyle and story. This game has some interesting ideas in terms of narrative design and keeps a few surprises for the unprepared player. You are playing as Robert Hill who suffers from severe memory loss and he’s getting treatment in a mental health facility. Your goal is to go through 7 days of strict routine in order to explore his dreams and recover his memories. Developers were clearly trying to get that Twin Peaks vibe, the storyline and atmosphere are surreal and mysterious, and at some point, it even gets downright creepy. The game is not very long, it took me 2 hours to complete it, and it’ll take you another hour or two to unlock all achievements.
Since The White Door was my first game in the Rusty Lake series, I’ve probably missed most of the references, but I think it was good as a standalone experience too. If anything, it got me interested in playing the older games in this series, which I already have in my library but never played them before. Yeah, the backlog problem is real to me as well. It’s a short game, but considering its low price, I really can’t complain about its length. If you love weird and unique story-driven games, then The White Door is what you are looking for. Just remember that you’ll probably want to play it on a touchscreen and mouse controls is not the best option in the case of this game.

3. Dead Space - 12 hours
As someone who’s playing a lot of “old” games, I can confirm that some of them might not age well. Not just because of graphics - shitty controls or outdated gameplay could make even highly acclaimed games of the past almost unplayable now, especially if you don’t have nostalgic feelings about them. But while such disappointments are bound to happen, I’ve experienced completely opposite situations as well, when instead of clunky artifacts from the past, I was discovering games that were easily overshadowing even the latest releases on the market. And Dead Space is one of them, a timeless masterpiece that took me by complete surprise.
Back in the days when Dead Space just released, I didn’t play it because I was not a big fan of the horror genre and reviews in my local magazines on this game were not very glowing. Well, I’m not sure if it really was not that impressive back in 2008, but now Dead Space feels like a breath of fresh air. It’s such a well-crafted game that has so many amazing ideas literally in every aspect, from gameplay and narrative to UI and sound. It’s hard to believe that it was published by EA, a company that to these days are more interested in milking their sports licenses than in greenlighting original ideas.
There are so many great things in Dead Space, I honestly don’t know where to start. Well, let’s start with something that is usually being the last priority for most of the game developers - User Interface. Don’t know about you guys, but personally, I play games to immerse myself in their virtual worlds - but all those minimaps, life bars, and task lists are always getting in the way, and in most cases disabling the HUD makes the game unplayable. Developers of Dead Space solved this problem in a clever way - they’ve simply turned almost the entire UI into the part of the game’s world. They’ve put the protagonist’s healthbar literally on his spine, and all those inventory and map menus are floating in the air in front of you. And it works like that not just for the player, other characters have the same health indicators, and you can see NPCs using the holographic displays for video calls just as you do. Such small details significantly add to the Dead Space atmosphere, and honestly, it’s a shame that most developers are not trying to make something like this in their own games.
Almost everything in Dead Space is working for creating the right mood and atmosphere - graphics, sound, level design, all of this help to create a dark, dreadful feeling of constant danger and despair. The sound design in this game is truly its second biggest achievement - all those scratches and screams that unexpectedly breaking the silence will make feel uneasy even the biggest horror fans. And at some point, you’ll start hearing indistinct voices and whispers, which will only make you doubt your sanity even more.
The game is doing an outstanding job in terms of atmosphere and immersion - though the world of Dead Space is not the one you would want to be part of. You are taking the role of Isaac Clarke, who’s just a simple engineer that arrives at the spaceship called USG Ishimura as part of the rescue team. So basically, your job was supposed to be about fixing stuff, not the combat operations. Indeed, you’ll have to occasionally do some repairs - but your main goal is going to be survival on the ship that is flooded with alien life forms that are using dead bodies for their reproduction. There’s a lot of enemies in this game, starting from “common” mutants with sharp blades on their hands, and ending with huge brutes with heavy organic armor in the front. In most cases, you’ll be attacked by large groups of different mutants from every direction, including from the air and vertical surfaces.
Surviving in such intense situations is hard, but it’s possible - in Dead Space you have 7 types of weapons at your disposal, but you can carry only 4 of them at once. Each weapon has an alternate fire mode and they’ll be useful against different types of enemies. My favorite weapon in this game is The Ripper, which launches a remotely controlled circular saw blade that is cutting everything on its way. During the first levels, you will also acquire two special “skills” - Stasis Module, which will allow you to “freeze” the enemies and objects, and Kinesis Module, which is working kinda like Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2. Along with combat, those modules are used for removing obstacles and solving simple puzzles. You can also upgrade your gear with Power Nodes that you can find on the levels or buy in stores, but there are not enough Nodes to upgrade everything within a single run, so you need to think carefully about what to upgrade next.
In most cases, it’s not enough to simply shoot at the enemy - in order to destroy those mutants quickly you have to cut off their limbs. Dismemberment process is well animated and opens possibilities for a more strategic approach like you can slow down fast enemies by shooting down their legs and then deal with other treats before finishing them off. There are also boss fights that will require you to figure out a specific strategy in order to beat them. The combat in Dead Space is very aggressive and always keeps the player under heavy pressure, so it forces you to act quickly and use all available tools in order to survive. And such unpredictable and violent fights makes the gameplay extremely satisfying and fun.
Even the most praised and acclaimed story-driven games rarely have such things as great pacing and direction, but even there the developers of Dead Space managed to outdid themselves. It’s a very solid and balanced interactive story that instantly hooks the player and keeps providing interesting situations during the whole playthrough. It’s literally perfect in terms of pacing, the game skillfully rotates intense combat moments with episodes like Zero-G basketball match. This game has never ceased to amaze me and provided so many unique situations, that even the stuff I showed you in this video is just the tip of the iceberg. Another thing that Dead Space is doing on an impressive level is such a rare thing as environmental storytelling - it’s not just about cutscenes and audio logs, you can learn a lot about the game’s world just by looking at decorations of places you are going to visit during your playthrough. For example, all those weird writings on the walls that you can find almost on every level - it’s actually possible to decipher them and learn interesting details about what happened on that ship. It will take you around 12 hours to complete this game, which is quite a lot for a linear story-driven game, but this time will pass quickly, believe me.
There are a few reasons to criticize Dead Space, but they are all just minor flaws. Like, for such an action-packed game, lack of a button for a quick 180-degree turn is rather inconvenient. But my major problem with this game is the fact that developers turned Isaac into a silent protagonist - it’s just strange that with all that crazy shit going on around him, he doesn’t say a word. Yeah, his cries in pain and anguish when he’s getting assaulted by monsters, but outside the combat, he just always remains indifferent and allows himself to show emotions only during the ending. Perhaps, by making Isaac emotionless, developers tried to make it easier for players to identify themselves with the protagonist. But it didn’t work very well in my case, because if you want me to feel like I’m the protagonist, then you also need to give me more freedom in making choices. In many situations, I personally would have acted differently than as I was forced to act because of the plot. Like, if I had found my girlfriend whom I was searching for so long at this damned ship, the first thing that I would have tried to do was to at least give her a hug, not just silently stand nearby as I’ve just met my coworker during lunch. And given that all entries in the journal are written by Isaac himself, it means that he actually has his own personality and thoughts about what’s going on, so it’s just strange that he doesn’t express them in the game itself. Anyway, I’m not a big fan of that design decision about making him mute all the time, and I think it’s more hurting the narrative logic rather than helping in immersing the player into the game.
But overall, Dead Space was a damn pleasant surprise for me. I was expecting to see a generic western clone of Resident Evil, but instead, I’ve discovered one of the best story-driven games I've ever played. Dead Space aged like a fine wine and it feels especially good when you compare it to those soulless, tasteless surrogates that many modern AAA games have become. It’s obvious that this game was made by a team of passionate people, who carefully thought out even the smallest details of this game and filled it with a tense atmosphere, engaging story, fun gameplay, and outstanding sound design. If you just like me missed this amazing game back when it was released, then I highly recommend you to fix that as soon as possible, because Dead Space is an absolute must-have for everyone who loves good singleplayer games. It is a pity that this series ended up in a typical EA manner, but I’ve heard that at least the sequel turned out to be a good game, so I definitely have Dead Space 2 on the list of games that I am going to play in the near future.

4. PURE - 4 hours
Honestly, this arcade racing game didn't age that well, and garbage PC port made it hard to enjoy this game. Yeah, at first it was fun to drive around and do tricks (after I figured out which buttons I should press and how to make tricks combos because in the tutorial it doesn't explain that), but it becomes repetitive very quickly. It's just the same maps and pattern over and over again, there's simply not enough content, and without working online mode there's no replayability. Thankfully it didn't take much time to complete the campaign, but I literally forced myself to finish it.

5. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood - 4 hours
The Mists of Ravenwood is an excellent game and an exemplary sequel. The first Enigmatis was competent, but not the best HOG game - with a decent atmosphere and a bunch of interesting ideas, but with an uninspiring story and puzzles. In the new installation of this series, Artifex Mundi took the concept of the first game and brought it on a significantly better level of quality, which was a really nice surprise for me.
First of all, the storyline was noticeably improved and has more or less good intrigue, so it's actually interesting to know what will happen next. The improved voice acting deserves special mention, it's great and adds up to a depth of characters, make them more believable. I want to specifically mention the actor who voiced the mysterious prisoner in the undergrounds, he did an exceptional job and dialogues with him are always feels like a special event. He will also help you with your investigation - the Evidence Board mechanics from the previous game is here as well, so you'll have to organize the evidence and come to conclusions in order to solve the mystery, only this time you are doing this with a creepy dude who tells you stories about demons and human sacrifices.
The gameplay was enhanced as well, mostly by removing tedious backtracking and improving the pacing. Mini-games are not repeating anymore and offer to the player to solve simple, but varied and well-designed puzzles. Hidden objects scenes have a nice variety too, they look less like a garbage dump with randomly photoshopped pictures from the internet, but they actually follow some sort of logic and don't look out of place in such environments. There are also items that you need to combine first before picking them up, which is a nice addition to typical HOG gameplay. The Mists of Ravenwood won't blow your mind with its gameplay, but it's made on an excellent level of quality and it's very fun to play it.
My only major complaint about this game is not the best facial animations. It's understandable that the studio didn't have a big budget, but they still look weird, especially compared to well-drawn backgrounds and puzzles. Also, I don't think that it was the right decision to lock out some of the achievements, so in order to clear them all, you'll have to play this game at least twice. But other than that, I think that The Mists of Ravenwood js a great game, I would even say it's one of the best in this genre. If only it wasn't a direct sequel to the previous Enigmatis game, I would have recommended it to anyone who wants to give a try to the HOG genre. For everyone else, I highly recommend you to quickly go through the first The Ghosts of Maple Creek and then instantly jump on playing this one, it's absolutely worth it, and now I'm excited to see the end of this trilogy.

6. Gears 5 - 123 hours
I'll be honest with you, for me Gears 5 is like a guilty pleasure. The main reason why I bought it is that I wanted to check out how Xbox Live integration works in the Steam version of this game. After all, it was the first big game from Microsoft that was released simultaneously on Steam and Windows Store. I can’t say that I was very interested in actually playing it - in my eyes, it looked like another seasonal blockbuster that I would play once and then quickly move on to the next thing in my backlog. But instead, I ended up enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. At this moment, I’ve played it for over 120 hours, and I’m afraid those numbers might not be final. So now, after completing the story campaign and 2 “operations” of online matches, I’m ready to tell you why I’ve enjoyed this game so much.
Let’s clarify, I was never a big fan of the Gears of War franchise before. I’ve played some of the old games from this series but never finished any of them. So yeah, I’m still surprised that this time it clicked for me so well. It’s hard to explain why exactly I ended up having so much fun with this game - I realize it’s not perfect, but at the same time I couldn’t stop playing it. I think the main reason why that happened is because Gears 5 simply feels great to play. The gunplay, animations, sound, it’s all done on such a good level that the gameplay loop just never gets old. The Coalition refined the core gameplay of this franchise, so it’s very enjoyable on a basic level, such as movement and shooting. Yeah, it’s a cookie-cutter cover-based TPS game, but I mean, Gears of War is literally THE series that started this trend, so it’s understandable.
It doesn’t mean that The Coalition hasn’t tried to experiment with a classic formula, but the results are, well, mixed. The most drastic changes happened with the story campaign - while the first and the last acts remain mostly linear, developers tried to add some sort of open-world in the middle of the game. It’s not fully open, but more like a hub that connects important locations and has needless side activities like quests and collectibles. It reminded me of the Kingdom from the original Assassin’s Creed - it’s huge, empty and serves no real purpose except to waste your time. It simply doesn’t feel natural, it’s just a bunch of narrow roads with nothing worthwhile in between. Level designers of Gears 5 missed one important point - in open-world design, it’s not enough to just create a huge map and fill it with the garbage that you need to collect. If you want to create a good open-world, you need to fill it with some sort of meaningful content and add random events like groups of enemies roaming around. Gears 5 still heavily relies on scripted events, and that’s why the open-world in this game feels half-baked and empty, even though it has some cool ideas using the Skiff to glide across the open areas.
The Coalition didn’t succeed in creating a good open-world, but it’s not the only experiment they’ve tried to make. Another big addition to the gameplay is JACK - your flying robot-companion that can activate special abilities to help you in the fight. And this new mechanic is actually not so bad because it adds the new tactical layer to the combat. For example, you can use the Hijack ability to mind control Scions or other enemies and make them temporarily fight on your side. Also, JACK can be controlled in co-op by another player and it has an absolutely different gameplay loop, which adds to replayability. JACK is the main reason why you should care about the open-world stuff at all because you are getting upgrades for him as a reward for completing side missions.
The linear sections in Gears 5 is exactly what you can expect from this series - a lot of brutal action with occasional cinematic intermissions in between. I can’t say that the story in this game was something amazing, but it’s competent enough to keep you entertained, even if you didn’t follow the storyline of the previous games from this franchise. The campaign has a few unexpected twists and level designers tried to provide different combat situations as well. Like, I loved that on some of the winter levels you can break the ice and freeze the enemies. Or there was a part in the sand areas where the storm wind could affect the trajectory of grenades. I think that overall it was a solid and well-balanced campaign, and my only complaint is going to be about the Matriarch boss fight. It took me way too much time to beat it and it’s obvious that this fight was not designed for a solo playthrough. It was a very frustrating experience, I can’t say how many times I was close to killing this goddamn thing and then I was instantly killed after a single hit.
Anyway, it’s good to see that The Coalition is trying to do something new. And after completing the campaign, I left with the feeling that it was just a testing ground for the studio. In Gears 4, the new team has tried to simply replicate the gameplay of the classic trilogy. In Gears 5, they dared to experiment a little and add new elements to the familiar concept. So, if developers won’t mess it up, we’ll see the actual results of this evolution of the franchise in the next mainline game. And I’m very curious to see how far they will dare to go next time, especially after what they did in the ending of Gears 5. Judging by what we got now, Gears 6 is going to be an even more ambitious game, and it will be interesting to see if The Coalition will be able to deliver the result comparable to their ambitions.
Okay, enough about the campaign, it’s time to talk about the main reason why I’ve spent so much time in this game. I’m not very into online and always preferred a singleplayer experience, but Gears 5 got me hooked almost instantly. As a fan of the arena FPS genre, I’ve enjoyed the fast-paced gameplay of PvP modes in this game a lot. I also have fun occasionally playing the Horde mode, though it requires a lot of time to finish all the waves. I seriously don’t understand what’s the point of showing the unskippable score screen after every wave, it just ruins the pacing. Also, I’m not sure that turning characters into ''heroes'' with their own skills and specialization was a good idea because without a balanced team any Horde match on a difficulty above Advanced usually ends within the first few waves.
But my favorite part of Gears 5 online is a brand-new co-op mode called Escape. In this mode, you and 2 other players are trying to break from the Swarm Hive before it’ll be destroyed. Just as in the Horde mode, each character has their own ultimate abilities and customizable skillset, but it makes a lot more sense here. In most cases, you start Escape run only with the pistol and have to find ammo and weapons on the map. There are also specific difficulty modifiers for each map, like in some cases you’ll have invisible Juvies or there will be less ammo to scavenge on the levels. Maps are rotating each week and have leaderboards, which has motivated me to come back to the game and try to beat a new challenge. Not to mention that there’s a map editor that allows you to create and share your own custom maps. For me, Escape is still the main reason to come back to the game. It's great that we are getting new challenges every week and it always remains fun even if you play with random players.
Though there’s another reason why I’ve played Gears 5 for so long, and I’m not sure that it was a good reason. Yes, I’m talking about Battle Pass - or, how they call it in this game, Tour of Duty. At first, it didn’t look like something bad to me, I was actually glad that the game gives me rewards for playing it because I was returning to it often anyway. But then I somehow didn’t notice the moment when instead of playing the game for fun, I started playing it daily just for the sake of completing Tour of Duty challenges. I realized how much time I spent on the grind only when I reached the final rank, and after that, I stopped playing the game for an entire week. I ended up spending almost 85 hours to complete the first “operation”, and that’s including boosts that I got for buying Ultimate Edition. Good thing that you don’t need to pay any additional money for that, but still, I think they need to balance it better. Because there’s no way in hell I would do that again.
Alongside with Battle Pass, Gears 5 has an in-game store where you can buy skins and emotes with Iron - a premium currency that you can get in small amounts for free. I don’t like seeing microtransactions in paid games, but The Coalition said that it was added to justify getting all new updates and maps without forcing players to pay additional money for them, so I didn’t mind it at first. They also added new characters that you could have unlocked for free by completing challenges, which was also fine by me because I was grinding Tour of Duty anyway. But then the second season started, and... All we’ve got is 3 basic PvP modes, 4 new heroes and a bunch of recycled maps. The most annoying thing about that was the fact they’ve made it a lot harder to unlock new characters for free. In the first operation, with the exception of one special challenge, you had general objectives that were the same for every character, so it was relatively easy to unlock them if you were playing all online modes. But in the second operation, new characters have their own very specific challenges, and it's a pain in the ass now to unlock them just by playing the game. And the most ridiculous thing about that - you can’t do challenges for all characters at once, so it can take a few hundreds of hours to unlock them all for free. Yeah, thanks, but I’ll pass, this is bullshit. Thankfully, those characters are not required to keep having fun online, and if you don’t care about multiplayer modes, you shouldn’t worry about this stuff at all.
To conclude this review, Gears 5 has a few major flaws, but if you enjoy fast-paced games and not strongly against some typical AAA bullshit, then I recommend you give it a try. Even if you are not interested in multiplayer and co-op, it has a decent singleplayer campaign that is fun to finish at least once. And on a technical level the PC version of Gears 5 is flawless, it is well optimized and has tons of options that you can tweak. I just only hope that the developers will listen to the feedback and continue to improve the core gameplay, so the next mainline game in this franchise will be something truly great.

Last edited:

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
8/52 Done

ts something I've tried and given up on before. I'm just not very good at consistency.
But I may as well reserve a post and make an attempt.
Who knows, maybe this year will be my year.

Okay, I've come back to add to my list, in a vein attempt to stick to this challenge.

I'm starting this list off with a shameful entry.

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Aye, I beat this crappy game.
I owned it as a kid (because I was 12 an excited to see boobies, digital of otherwise), I saw it on GOG for like a pound so I thought I'd replay it.
Awful game, really just awful. Asides from the fact that its ugly, and a collection of boring mini games; its also sexist, racist and transphobic. I don't think I laughed once at the whole thing, but I ended up beating the game anyway so I could add it to a silly list.

2/10

Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps
Part of me doesn't want to include DLC as a completed game, but I spent as long on all three story packs as I did on the last game, so I'm going to count this as one completed game for now.
Pretty good additions to the main game, though never quite hits the same heights as the main game. The final boss is a bit of a lame duck, but otherwise all good. Not a lot to say, I enjoyed Spider-Man and I enjoyed the expansions.

7/10

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
Oh wow, now this is an amazing game.
I had never played DMC before, but I had played a lot of games inspired by it before. I played DMC1 and 2 last year. (DMC1 was good and 2 was disgustingly boring). Finally sat down to play 3 and damn I loved this game. The combat is so fluid and flexible. I played Trickster all the way through, but dabbled with Sword Master every now and then. If I reply it (which I'm likely to do) I'll switch onto another style, because as the game went on I found myself relying less and less of the dodge button anyway.
Amazing game, enjoyed it thoroughly.

9/10

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
Dang. I was planning on taking a break from DMC after 3, but I played about 30 minutes of Golden Sun and all I could think about was Sick Smoking Style.
So I played through DMC4. Again, really awesome game, but probably didn't enjoy the main story as much as I did DMC3. Nero was a bit off at first, but after I got used to the idea that of position enemies I got into him, then Dante turns up again and it feels like I'm playing the game with hack. Style switching is incredible and now I now its gonna be in the switch version of DMC3:SE I may have to double dip!
Really liked this game too, I think I'm a full blown DMC fanboy now!

8.5/10

DmC: Devil May Cry
I didn't like it very much

5/10

Assassin's Creed 2
Picked up the Ezio collection as it was on offer, then had a few days of sick leave and managed to beat AC2.
I remember I used to consider this the best in the series, and going back to replay it I'm struck by how bland it is overall. I think a lot of that feeling has to do with how Ubisoft basically lifted the formula from this game and applied it to everything else they've made over the last decade.
Still, the main story is engaging and Ezio is a very likeable protagonist, and the free running game play still feels good today.

7/10

Doom (Original)
I had never played the original Doom from start to finish. My first Doom game was Doom 3, which I enjoyed and then I played Doom 2016, and thought it was great.
Played through on my switch and had a great time, gotta say though it felt closer to Doom 3 than 2016. Dark maps, constantly shutting off the lights, monster closets everywhere ambient monster noises. Honestly, I had always been told Doom 3 was the black sheep, but I can now say that anyone who says that is full of it.

Anyway, I had a good time with the original, the map exploration was genuinely rewarding and the shooting still feels gratifying.

8/10

Dark Cloud
This is a game a bunch of my friends recommended, they all loved it as kids when they first got their PS2s. I thought it was decent overall, but massively drawn out! My best bud tells me Dark Chronicle is the bees knees so I'm sure I'll check it out, but not for a little while yet!

7/10

I really need to play some shorter games to get these numbers up!

Last edited:

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try to keep track this year, already got a start on this afternoon.

1. The Outer Worlds - 20h - 3/5

BrickArts295

Oct 26, 2017
4 years down baby!

2014: 35
2015: 41
2016: 56
2017: 78
2018: 113
2019: 79

Let do this!

January
  1. Star Fox 64 3D (3DS) - 6.5/10 - 2 hours (Jan 1)
  2. Halo 4 (XB1) - 8/10 - 6 hours (Jan 1)
  3. Halo 5 (XB1) - 7.5/10 - 6 hours (Jan 2)
  4. Life is Strange 2 (XB1) - 8.5/10 - 15 hours (Jan 5)
  5. Unavowed (PC) - 9/10 - 9 hours (Jan 7)
  6. Batman Arkham Origins + DLC (PC) - 8.5/10 - 13 hours (Jan 13)
  7. Star Wars The Force Unleashed + DLCs (PC) - 7.5/10 - 6 hours (Jan 15)
  8. Singularity (PC) - 7/10 - 4 hours (Jan 18)
  9. Accounting+ (PSVR) - 7/10 - 2 hours (Jan 20)
  10. Fallout (PC) - 8.5/10 - 8 hours (Jan 21)
  11. Red Matter (PSVR) - 8/10 - 3 hours (Jan 22)
  12. Fallout 2 (PC) - 9/10 - 12 hours (Jan 23)

Last edited:

NuclearTurtle

Oct 30, 2017
Finished:
01. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 3/5 (12 hours)
02. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 5/5 (30 hours)
03. Frostpunk - 4/5 (10 hours)
04. Final Fantasy XV - 3/5 (25 hours)

Currently Playing:
01. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
02. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
03. DOOM: Eternal

Played Some:
01. Children of Morta - 10 hours
02. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 35 hours
03. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - 5 hours
04. Apex Legends - 2 hours
05. Fornite - 1 hour
06. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege - 1 hour
07. Warframe - 3 hours
08. Hades - 12hours
09. Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - 25 hours

Want to play more:
Darkest Dungeon
Dead Cells
Path of Exile
Celeste
Super Mario Odyssey
Street Fighter V
Rock Band 4
The Last of Us: Remastered
Transistor
Dark Souls 2

Want to Finish:
01. Opus Magnum
02. Elder Scrolls Online
03. Sea of Thieves
04. Warframe
05. Halo 3
06. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
07. Opus Magnum
08. Fallout 4
09. Assassin's Creed: Origins
10. Into the Breach
11. Teamfight Tactics
12. Ni no Kuni 2
13. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
14. Super Mario Maker 2
15. Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
16. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
17. Gears of War 3
18. Unavowed
19. Invisible, Inc.
20. The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask 3D
21. Mario and Rabbids
22. Horizon Zero Dawn
23. Stardew Valley

Want to Start:
Rainbow 6 Siege
Yakuza Kiwami
Final Fantasy VII
Warhammer: Dawn of War
Guild Wars 2
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario 64
Crash Bandicoot HD
The Evil Within
Dishonored 2
Splatoon 2
Super Metroid
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Prey
Dragon Quest VII
Super Mario RPG
Kingdom Hearts FINAL REMIX
Dead Rising
State of Decay 2
Bayonetta 2
Vanquish
Night in the Woods
Cities: Skylines
Metro 2033
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Gravity Rush HD
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Pokemon Shield
Children of Morta

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

Oct 27, 2017
Game 1 completed. I'm going to mark each game individually. I'm planning on playing some more RPGs and other such games this year, so impressions from later games may not be as fresh in my mind when I get to them. I'll also be borrowing Gamexplain's review scale, as I don't want to put a numerical score.

1: The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. End: 1/1/2020. 8 hours. Liked.

I have had experience with this series, but fell away from it for various reasons. I enjoyed coming back to it when given the opportunity. And I'm glad I did. And I liked that I was able to recreate Clem's backstory. Wasn't as wild about the new protagonist and his set-up as Clem and her story.

Brock Reiher

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's do this! This is helping me actually play game in my backlog, I love it.

1. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) | 1st Jan - 8hrs | 5/5

I think of Mario 64 as one of my favorite games of all time, but I haven't actually played it in a while. I think it still holds up. I played it while studying for two huge exams so I could keep my body busy while my brain was free to listen to study materials, and it was amazing for that. I still think it's the best 3D Mario game: the music, visuals, and creativity are still unmatched by any of its sequels. I love the file select theme. I love that I was able to straight up skip Whomp's Fortress and never open that door and still beat the game.

Only complaint I have is that the game does get worse as it goes on. I was definitely having fun in the first section, before Bowser Dark World. Once you start getting up to the top floors a bit of the magic is gone, but it's still one of my favorite games ever.

2. Chameleon Twist (Nintendo 64) | 8th Jan - 1hr | 2/5

This was one of the games I remember owning for the N64 when I was really little, and the recent thread on it made me want to check it out again. I remember almost nothing of this game, outside of vague memories of some hallways and those little domino enemies. It probably would have been better if I didn't remember it, to be honest. This game looks terrible, plays worse, and has the word kind of puzzles, where you're just doing one kind of easy thing 20 times before the next check point, and if you fail you have to restart. They get points for creativity though, I really like the designs and art style a lot, and all of the levels aren't just Mario ripoffs like you'd see in other 3D platformers.

3. Chameleon Twist 2 (Nintendo 64) | 8th Jan - 2hrs | 3/5

Now we're talking! The game still isn't good, but the addition of the umbrella and the ability to stick your tongue to the terrain makes actually playing it a lot more fun. It suffers from a lot of the same problems as the first one, but I think it's just done a lot better here. The reason why I don't regret my time with this game, and it may just be nostalgia from barely formed memories talking, but I love love love love love the backgrounds in this game. All of the levels are basically ugly 3D islands floating over sprite-based backdrops, but they look soooo gooood. The visuals made me happy, so it was worth finishing.

Also, this game reminded me of Mario Odyssey quite a bit. The rabbits, the levels based on ancient japan, the odd character designs... just saying I think Nintendo stole from this game just a bit. It's the kind of game where it feels like if they had just nailed the controls a tiny bit more, it could have been actually good.

4. Yoshi's Story (Nintendo 64) | 9th Jan - 2hrs | 4/5

Look, I get it, but this game has the best vibes of all time. The way the music changes from screen to screen despite always being the same song, the background visuals, the sound effects... all 10/10. It's definitely too easy but it is short, which puts it above other Yoshi games like Yoshi's Crafted World which wear out their welcome despite their good vibes. Add in the scoring mechanic and the incentive to play through the game multiple times to check out all the stages (which all have their own distinct vibes)... and you've got a classic.

And the credits theme... tears every time.

5. Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy) | 11th Jan - 30mins | 4/5

This is list padding, but it's fine. When I played Dream Land last year I gave it a 3/5, but returning to it after finishing many other Kirby games last year, my opinion on it has improved. It's the perfect length and the music and enemy designs fit it nicely. I don't miss Kirby's lack of copy abilities at all; sometimes in later Kirby games they'll put puzzles in your path that require you to use different abilities, and those are always the kind of puzzles that are more busy work than anything else. I also like that the game has shooting sections which are actually pretty fun but again don't wear out their welcome. It's a simple game but a really good one.

6. Pikmin (GameCube) | 11th Jan - 3.5hrs | 5/5

Pikmin is one of my favorite game series of all time, and one that influenced me a lot growing up. I love all three Pikmin games in their own ways, but Pikmin 1 is my favorite to just jump into and play through real quick. Every time I play through this game I get a little better at it, this time I used bomb rocks a lot more and ended up accepting that some pikmin would die. I ended up finishing in 13 days which I was very happy with considering it's been a little while.

7. Can Your Pet? (Web Browser) | 16th Jan - 10mins | 2/5

I played this one because of that "Images that precede unfortunate events" twitter account. I mean it is what it is. I'm not a huge fan of it but it's for a good cause so it gets a 2/5.

8. Makyō Densetsu (PC Engine) | 17th Jan - 3hrs | 5/5

The greatest hidden gem of all time. This was a launch game for the TurboGrafx-16, but it's one of the best 2D action games I've played this side of Castlevania NES. It checks every box- good controls, good music, amazing graphics and vibes, and satisfying hits. The first time you get the level 4 axe power-up and use it is memorable as all hell. I can't recommend this game enough, it's just really really satisfying and it isn't long if you want to try it yourself.

9. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Playstation) | 18th Jan - 5hrs | 3/5

Klonoa is a bit of a cult classic from what I understand, and it's easy to see why. I like the story book vibes and a few levels are really cool the way they fold in on themselves. It's not my favorite 2D platformer though, it goes on a little too long and some chapters are much worse than others. The bosses and story are pretty bad as well. But all in all it's a pretty unique game that's worth a playthrough.

10. Sea World: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures (Nintendo DS) | 22nd Jan - 2hrs | 3/5

What a journey. You start off as Shamu at SeaWorld during the normal routine for your human trainer. It's a pretty standard tutorial. Then BAM! All the humans? Dead. They don't come back. Ever. SeaWorld? Destroyed. By the Mad God Poseidon and his minion the Kraken. Suddenly a manatee named Horatio is telling you he's spent the most of the past 300 years of his life hiding sacred tablets from Poseidon in Sea World. This game is like objectively bad, just a crappy 2D DS game, but it's just an all killer no filler emotional journey. Highly recommended.

11. Glover (Nintendo 64) | 16th Feb - 4hrs | 2/5

12. I Spy: Spooky Mansion (PC) | 26th Feb - 2hrs | 3/5

1. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) | 1st Jan - 8hrs | 5/5
2. Chameleon Twist (Nintendo 64) | 8th Jan - 1hr | 2/5
3. Chameleon Twist 2 (Nintendo 64) | 8th Jan - 2hrs | 3/5
4. Yoshi's Story (Nintendo 64) | 9th Jan - 2hrs | 4/5
5. Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy) | 11th Jan - 30mins | 4/5
6. Pikmin (GameCube) | 11th Jan - 3.5hrs | 5/5
7. Can Your Pet? (Web Browser) | 16th Jan - 10mins | 2/5
8. Makyō Densetsu (PC Engine) | 17th Jan - 3hrs | 5/5
9. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Playstation) | 18th Jan - 5hrs | 3/5
10. Sea World: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures (Nintendo DS) | 22nd Jan - 2hrs | 3/5
11. Glover (Nintendo 64) | 16th Feb - 4hrs | 2/5
12. I Spy: Spooky Mansion (PC) | 26th Feb - 2hrs | 3/5

DROPPED GAMES
Wario World (GameCube)
Sonic Adventure DX (GameCube)
Pac-Man World 2 (GameCube)

Last edited:

silkysmooth

Oct 25, 2017
I'll claim a post but I highly doubt I will hit 52

Going to focus on playing and having fun rather than just quantity of games I beat

Also not going to buy anything new with one or two exceptions this year, so finding a game that is on sale that I want to play that I can play through quickly to get a quick number will not be possible.

I have an overwhelming Switch backlog and a few games on PS4 plus a random assortment of Wii/Wii U/3DS games I'd love to get to.

Oct 31, 2017
Really want to keep track of what I'm playing this year. Let's go!

Current Playing:
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Ring Fit Adventure
Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair

panzone

Dec 27, 2019
This year I really want to participate in this thread. I've a huge backlog and I want to take a commitment to reduce it while avoiding buying new games (I will only allow myself to buy 3 new games this year).

1. Misao: Definitive Edition (PC) - 3 hrs 42 min

I'm a big fan of the "scholastic horror" and since I've finished Corpse Party last year I had a little itch to scratch. Misao partially has what I was searching (horror theme, school settings, gore) but unfortunately it's too short to create any type of attachment to the cast and it feels a little too quick during the resolution of the mystery. If someone really wants to play it, I suggest to take it with Mad Father and to play one immediately the other.

2. Cthulhu Saves Christmas (PC) - 4 hrs 20 min

I've never played Save the World and I must admit that I bought this one because I already wanted to take Cosmic Star Heroine so I took advantage of the promotional bundle. Well, I was wrong and I want to play sequel as soon as possible. This one is a little great RPG with the same feeling I had playing the classics while having enough modern features to enjoy it in 2020. The battle system is super fun, the characters are super fun... I was surprised by how much I've liked it.

3. Shank (PC) - 2 hrs 24 min

What to say here? A nice beat-em-up with some good weapons and a lot of blood. The game plays really nice except in some of the more platforming-heavy sessions. Also, I died more than one time because of some unavoidable environmental obstacles. The action however is here and the game it works.

4. Else Heart.Break() (PC) - 12 hrs 46 min

I was always intrigued by this game: a game where you can hack and program every object, asking you to actually break the game to solve the puzzles? I'm sold. However this game is as fun and free as it's tedious. The pacing of the main story is terrible: often I wasn't sure how to continue the story or what I have to do to continue. The hacking part of the game is present and it's as free as I was expecting but you get access to it kinda late. The characters are almost non existent and the plot itself is quite boring except during the last hour or so of the game. I understand what they wanted to do here: the player should be Sebastian and the game is actually about the choices you would make in this kind of situation but I wasn't able to immerse myself completely in the game world.

5. Deponia (PC) - 4 hrs 42 min

Ok, now we have something here. A fun graphic adventure with a great protagonist, interesting characters and a charming world while solving puzzles. The core game is a classic but I really enjoyed it. Next up, Chaos on Deponia!

6. Chaos On Deponia (PC) - 7 hrs 22 min

I really appreciate this one and it's a great sequel for Deponia: while in the first one Goal almost wasn't present this second game really explore the character and her motivations, making her the protagonist with Rufus of this story. The bigger scope of the game itself and the answers to some mysteries, while leaving open some important questions for the third one, are only the cherry at the top of a great middle game. Next up, Goodbye Deponia!

7. Goodbye Deponia (PC) - 5 hrs 49 min

What to say here? A perfect conclusion for the trilogy and Rufus's joruney. Bigger, better and answer almost all the questions about the main plot. I really enjoyed the evolution of Rufus in this game as it didn't come unexpected and had 2 games of build up for that last scene. I suggest this series to anyone who wants to play a wacky but interesting point-and-click adventure.

8. Cosmic Star Heroine (PC) - 12 hrs 10 min

Another good one here! A classic JRPG with enough modern sensibility to know how to not drag the story long, short dungeons and in general a great pacing. The battle system was really interesting and instead of Save The Christmas this game is long enough and provide enough party member to actually explore the possibilities offered by it. If you want a 90's JRPG, this is the game for you.

9. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) - 28 hrs 43 min

I always wanted to finish this one and because of the current situation here I was finally able to find some time for it. I've started, but never finished, the original one on the DS and I've really enjoyed the main game: the plot is fairly classic, but it's able to keep it interesting because of the time travel. I was also impressed by the battle system: one I've learned it and started to make an effort making combos I was quite engaged by it.

10. A Short Hike (PC) - 2 hrs 28 min

Exactly what I was searching for. It' s a little game but I was able to clear my mind while playing it. It was super relaxing and I really enjoyed the exploration of the island. I will probably redo another round sooner or later, but it was a great experience.

11. Doom Eternal (PC) - 22 hrs 34 min

I'm a great Doom and FPS fan, so one of the games I've allowed myself to buy this year is clearly Doom Eternal. And it was a great choice. One of the best FPS I've ever played, the combat and level design is incredibly good and I really enjoyed searching for all the collectables. Only issue I don't really like is the amount of ammo you can carry, even after all the updates: I understand it's for forcing to use all the weapons and to use the best tool for each single situation, rapidly switching in combat, but sometimes it's a little frustrating to not have ammo and to search a refill. Other than that, an incredible game.

1. Misao: Definitive Edition (PC) | 1st Jan - 3.7hrs | 3/5
2. Cthulhu Saves Christmas (PC) | 9th Jan - 4.2hrz | 4/5
3. Shank (PC) | 16th Jan - 2.3hrz | 3/5
4. Else Heart.Break() (PC) | 28 Jan Feb - 12.7hrs | 2/5
5. Deponia (PC) | 5th Feb - 4.7hrs | 4/5
6. Chaos On Deponia (PC) | 13th Feb - 7.3hrs | 5/5
7. Goodbye Deponia (PC) | 15th Feb - 5.8hrs | 5/5
8. Cosmic Star Heroine (PC) | 28th Feb - 12.1hrs | 5/5
9. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) | 14th Mar - 28.9hrs | 4/5
10. A Short Hike (PC) | 14th Mar - 2.4hrs | 4/5
11. Doom Eternal (PC) | 25th Mar - 22.5hrs | 5/5

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
It's a straight fucking lie to act like I'll complete this but I'll give it a shot. I don't get a lot of gaming time being a single dad with a toddler, just at night... and I tend to use that time to play Rocket League a lot.

My first hopefuls to complete this year will be SaGa Scarlet Grace (45 hours in so far, so close), Shovel Knight (I've beaten the original campaign but none of the others - are these all considered one game?) and soon a replay of the Jak trilogy.
It's up to you on how you want to count them. I personally would count them separately.

Arshes

Oct 25, 2017
1. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (Switch) | January 2nd - 15 Hours | 4/5
2. Dark Souls Remastered (PC) | January 14th - 34 Hours | 4/5
3. Kingdom Hearts 3 + Remind DLC (PS4) | January 30th - 70 Hours | 5/5
4. Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (3DS) | March 9th - 28 Hours, 21 Minutes | 4/5
5. Super Mario Bros (Switch) | March 14th - 4 hours | 4/5
6. Super Mario Bros 2 (Switch) | March 15th - 4 Hours | 3.5/5
7. Super Mario Bros 3(Switch) | March 16th - 8 Hours | 4/5
8. Super Mario World (Switch) | March 18th - 10 Hours | 4/5
9. Plants vs Zombies (PC) | March 24th - 8 hours | 4/5

Last edited:

Griff

Aug 12, 2018
West Hollywood
Reserved! Going to kill 5% of the backlog this year!

Rules and Caveats:
  • Retail priced expansion packs count as standalone games. There is some wiggle room for what counts as "Retail Priced", but generally this means substantial content and mechanical additions and not just a chapter's worth of extra missions.
  • Individual games as part of "Collected editions" (I.E. Castlevania, MegaMan Legacy Collection) are counted as they were originally released separately.
  • All games are completed, meaning an end credits or kill screen has been reached. In games where these do not exist, a sufficient win condition has been achieved.
  • Patches, including community patches or restored content patches, are utilized if available.
  • I must write a review of each game for it to be counted. Unreviewed games will go in a bucket at the bottom of the post.
A note on scoring:
Scores are determined on a scale of 1-10 where 5 is the average score for a game that is not a waste of time. There are no half points or decimals and scores are rounded down.
10. A masterpiece of ludonarrative design and execution. (Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Disco Elysium, The Stanley Parable, Pathologic 2)
9. A near flawless game. (Majora's Mask, Control, Dark Souls)
8. An excellent game with a tight ludonarrative and clear design goals that are met. (Outer Wilds, Life is Strange, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, Raging Loop, Pathologic Classic HD)
7. A great game that has many interesting ideas though may be unfocused in their implementation. May feature remnants or vestigial parts left in that don't contribute to the overall design in any meaningful way but don't detract from the overall package. (Breath of the Wild, Metal Gear Solid V, Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Bioshock, Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines)
6. A good game, above average in terms of writing or presentation with a clear and functional gameplay loop. Often contains some tacked on mechanics or systems that are not fully fleshed out. (Alan Wake, Eliza, Final Fantasy 6, Gris)
5. A completely average and satisfactory game. (Blair Witch, Layers of Fear, Man of Medan, Metro 2033, Limbo)
4. A game you may want to play if you are already interested, but has some issues with writing or execution. (Fallout 3, YUMENIKKI -Dream Diary- 2017, Resident Evil 5)
3. A disappointing game with systems that clearly were not thought through and broken writing. (Call of Cthulhu 2018, Zeno Clash, Zeno Clash 2, Torment: Tides of Numenara, Quantum Break, Final Fantasy 8)
2. An actually broken game that has a semblance of ideas but is essentially cobbled together. (Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Final Fantasy 2)
1. Actual Shovelware (Postal Series, Carnival Games, Fallout 76)

COMPLETION COUNTER: 18/52

Latest Completion

18. Killer7 (PC) | 27th March - 20hrs | 9/10
Suda's masterpiece, an audiovisual tour-de-force with a wild story all about coming to terms with one's past, and the things that make up a person. Be it from their past, or from their purpose, a person is what makes them. I have a bit of a history with Suda, given that I'm the person leading the fan translation for Moonlight Syndrome, but I'd never completed Killer7 before. Thankfully, the game had tons of surprises up its sleeve and didn't overstay its welcome. Gameplay is primarily a mix of on-rails shooting and puzzle solving, with cutscenes and lore snippets mixed in to break up the monotony. There is a rudimentary, if a little bit underdeveloped leveling system tied to the game's combat as well, but unfortunately the amount of experience you can generate seems to cap out on every level meaning that I don't think one can level up all of the characters to max in a single playthrough -- at least on Deadly. It's possible grinding can be done on the final level, but I'm not sure. Nonetheless, I never felt wanting for power aside from during the Ayame Blackburn fight, which took me four tries to complete and was the most difficult encounter in the game. There are definitely some small questions I have about the story, but I intend to read Hand in Killer7, the supplemental material that released with the game, to see if I can't fill in the dots. In short, I loved this game, and I hope more people play it. Shout out to Travis, one of the in-game spirit guides for having the best tanktops. Play Killer7 -- you won't regret it.

1. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PC) | 1st Jan - 75hrs | 7/10
2. Florence (Android) | 5th Jan - 1hrs | 5/10
3. Observer (PC) | 5th Jan - 10hrs | 4/10

. LongStory (PC) | 1st Feb - 4hrs | 2/10
5. Layers of Fear 2
(PC) | 3rd Feb - 4.5hrs | 6/10
6. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC) | 3rd Feb - 8.5hrs 7/10
7. Gris (PC) | 14th Feb - 6.5hrs | 5/10

8. World of Horror (PC) | 22nd
Feb - 2hrs | 6/10
9. September 1999 (PC) | 23rd Feb - 6min | 5/10
10. ШХД: ЗИМА / IT'S WINTER (PC) | 23rd Feb - 30min | 5/10
11. Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PC) | 23rd Feb - 4hrs | 6/10

12. A Short Hike (PC) | 24th Feb - 1.5hrs | 8/10
13. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC) | 26th Feb - 20hrs | 3/10
14. Amorous (PC) | 1st March - 2hrs | 2/10
15. Higurashi When They Cry - Tatarigoroshi (PC) | 3rd March - 20hrs | 5/10
16. Higurashi When They Cry - Himatsubushi (PC) | 10th March - 10hrs | 5/10
17. Higurashi When They Cry Kai - Meakashi (PC) | 14th March - 24hrs | 6/10
18. Killer7 (PC) | 26th March - 20hrs
| 9/10

1. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward | 1st Jan - 75hrs | 7/10
Coerthas was my favorite area in the post-ARR content of Final Fantasy XIV, so I was very, very excited to start an entire expansion based in the region. Heavensward easily has some of the best characters in FF in quite some time, with character writing and motivations that rival the greatest in the series. While I really loved A Realm Reborn, even with its large amount of fetch quests and padding, Heavensward cuts a lot of the fluff and introduces two new jobs, the Astrologian and Dark Knight. I primarily played Red Mage during this patch as I had Stormblood installed already, but I side-leveled Dark Knight to 60 during the course of the patch. Despite these new additions, Lancer/Dragoon is very much the "image class" of this expansion -- this is also indicated by the focus on Estinien, the Azure Dragoon, who features prominently in the Dragoon job questline of the base game. I have mixed feelings on Estinien, as I found him very compelling when he was actively disagreeing with the party and on his mission to kill the dragoons, but unfortunately towards the end of the Expansion things get somewhat out of hand and I found the focus that hurdled me through the first 60ish hours completely disappeared once the party reaches Azys La in the last fifth of the expansion. That being said, this is prime cut Final Fantasy and is definitely the best Mainline game in the series since 12. A large portion of this was played last year; I merely finished it on the first, just after midnight.
2. Florence (Android) | 5th Jan - 1hrs | 5/10
I generally am not as enamored with indie Darling art games as some people are, and that trend continues with Florence. Don't get me wrong, I got it -- I just was never fully moved by it. That being said, the overall writing is good and there are a few places where the design really ergonomically fits with the theme and actions taking place. Seeing the puzzle pieces go from difficult to easy but back to difficult mirroring Florence and Krish's relationship was clever, and I appreciated those moments the most. Overall worth a look if you are interested, but I don't think it's anything to truly write home about.

3. Observer (PC) | 5th Jan - 10hrs | 4/10
Ugh. This game, much like Layers of Fear before it, was an amalgamation of interesting ideas that really didn't come together in the end. Rutger Hauer's performance was okay, if a little bit disengaged. I truly can't tell you what this game was trying to say, and While I collected most of the collectibles and saw all of the optional content, the overall narrative still managed to be a mess that barely held together by the end. The main mystery falls flat by the time you get to the basement. The primary enemy character is a bore, and for a spooky-chasey, he doesn't actually do much spooking or chasing. There was one particular hacking sequence that takes place in the woods where I truly could not find the intended path, so I ended up just aimlessly wandering until the spooky would kill me instantly for going out of the mission area. Eventually I found my way out, but the game never really recovered. I enjoyed Blair Witch enough, so I hope Layers of Fear 2 is at least better than this was.
4. Longstory (PC) | 1st Feb - 3hrs | 2/10
A game that portends to be for marginalized peoples, but is actually for no one. An intersectional game with no teeth, no examination of the identities it puts front and center, and one that is so cynically saccharine that it fails to say anything due to having no meaningful conflict. Poorly written, poorly edited, full of typos and missing words, and with a soundtrack featuring less songs than I can count on both hands, LongStory is a HARD pass. Don't waste your time on this actual trash.
5. Layers of Fear 2 (PC) | 3rd Feb - 4.5hrs | 6/10
Oh boy! This is my favorite Bloober Team game by far and the one I think is their best. It doesn't overstay its welcome like both Observer and Layers of Fear 1, and has a lot to say about the creative process. Rife with film references and a genuine examination of character and the character building process, Bloober actually managed to nail the games' core conceit this time around. I really had a blast with this, and might do a New Game+ run just to clean up achievements and find some of the more eldritch secrets lurking aboard the ship.
6. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC) | 3rd Feb - 8.5hrs | 7/10
Tightly designed, incredibly beautiful, and with a killer soundtrack, this NES throwback earns its keep and more. I'm going back in for Nightmare Mode, but I'm considering this game "finished" for all intents and purposes. I had some difficulties in levels 6 and 8, but overall this was a breezy, wonderful game that I couldn't put down. Can't wait to see the rest of this universe and where the series goes.
7. Gris (PC) | 14th Feb - 6.5hrs | 5/10
This game was incredibly beautiful, but I wish it had been more than that. Undeniably well animated and stylized, but also undeniably dull. While there may be some thematic depth to the art direction, it mostly feels like a half-baked art project that wanted to cater to the games-as-art crowd without really doing much with the "game" part. The platforming significantly overstays its welcome, and the overall slow pace ultimately defeats any sense of urgency that the game's narrative is trying to work up to. That being said, this is not a bad game, and if you have a few hours to kill across a few sessions, I recommend giving it a look at the very least.
8. World of Horror (PC) | 22nd Feb - 2hrs | 6/10
Dang! I had so much fun playing this one. I normally don't dip on Early Access titles but figured why not support this one? The writing and ideas are great, and the art is wonderful. It's a quickly paced roguelike, so I found it pretty enjoyable to go through and get my way to the ending. Unfortunately, the game is very content-lite at the moment, being in early access, so I quickly got every ending for each of the handful of rotating missions and ended up somewhat brute-forcing my way to the end. On another note, the game is somewhat poorly balanced; combat is either incredibly quick, or very tedious, and the doom counter is oppressive. Even playing on easy, with a super-optimized run, I only made it out with ~9% doom to spare. You can get severely screwed by RNG if you keep hitting doom events. Thankfully, the game does not take a long time (longest run was my successful one at 28 minutes) to play, so it's not a huge progress loss. Overall excited to see where this ends up when it leaves Early Access! My only "complaint" in terms of the presentation is that I wish it took a while longer to get creepy -- it sorta exposes you to insanity right away and becomes more of a goofy fun romp than an unsettling one as a result.
9. September 1999 (PC) | 23rd Feb - 6min | 5/10
This game had a lot going for it visually, having been created by the guy that runs the 98demake channel. It's a really short experience, and a tense one, but there isn't much there to comment on. The game only lasts 6 minutes (which I didn't realize when starting it), so the abrupt ending took me a bit by surprise, but I thought overall it was a tense experience filled with atmosphere that knew exactly what it wanted to do and did it. It's a shame that what it wanted to do was ultimately so mundane.
10. ШХД: ЗИМА / IT'S WINTER (PC) | 23rd Feb - 30min | 5/10
An atmospheric little game about the deathly stillness of winter. There is no real goal; you can wander around, cook some food, find some poetry, and stand out in the snow. It really captures the feeling of being out on a light winter night, where everything is quiet and introspective. It also has my favorite piece of classical music in it, so that's pleasant.

11. Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PC) | 23rd Feb - 4hrs | 6/10
This game was surprisingly decent. I played the story mode to completion just for the sake of having a "Completion", as I wasn't originally going to log this, but it was cute enough that I figured I would go ahead and give it a full fledged review. This game is Baby's First Fighting Game in the best way; every character is essentially just a kit from a different fighting game but pared down. Magna is essentially Dante from MVCI. Tommy and Kimberly are essentially Yosuke and Yukari from P4U2. There are setplay characters, characters based around oki and traps, there are characters that are rushdown and zoners. It has basically exactly what is needed for a decently diverse roster. The story mode is goofy, the voice acting isn't very great (and often doesn't match the subtitles, which is odd), and the graphics leave a little bit to be desired but fighting game fans and especially Power Rangers fans should not skip this. It was surprisingly great and goes to show that a simplified fighting game doesn't need to lack depth.
12. A Short Hike (PC) | 24th Feb - 1.5hrs | 8/10
A wonderful little game about taking a hike, but also about so much more. With the recent surge of "relaxation games", this stands above the rest as a serious contender for best game. A Short Hike occupies that same sort of cozy atmosphere as A Night in the Woods, Animal Crossing, and Kind Words while also keeping everything focused around a central goal: hiking up the mountain to reach the top in order to get cell reception. That being said, the entire game unfolds as you meet other hikers and help them out on your way, and often find out that in order to progress it would be beneficial to stray from the path. While many games claim to be "about the journey, not the destination", A Short Hike goes to show that the destination can only truly be reached after a journey of growth and hard work. What a genuine treat.
13. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC) | 26th Feb - 20hrs | 3/10
Bloodstained has got to be one of the biggest disappointments I have ever experienced in my gaming life. A perfect example of too many cooks in the kitchen, Bloodstained is a poor amalgamation of disparate parts that do not come together to form any sort of cohesive whole. From the art, which is gaudy at best and difficult to parse at worst, to the paper-thin characters and the awful script that props them up, Bloodstained feels like it needed another 6 months in the oven at least. Or perhaps two more full drafts. The gamefeel is terrible here, with Miriam being floaty and her weapons being oddly stiff. The progression in the game is terrible, and at worst extremely unclear; I was never sure if I had proper equipment or if I was the proper level for the environments I was in. This is all before I got to the genuinely awful endgame, which is comprised of long corridors with a lot of visual blockades and tightly packed copy pasted enemy groupings. The worst of these was the Oriental Sorcery Tower, which serves as one of the worst stretches of metroidvania map design I have ever played. Another highlight, or lowlight, I suppose, was the Den of Behemoths, a wing(?) of the castle that houses gigantic versions of regular enemies. The end-game in Bloodstained is tedium defined, and showcases the overall lack of polish that plagues the game. Finally, and perhaps the most frustrating indicator of this, is the game's half-baked weapon upgrades, crafting, and food preparation systems. Ultimately, Bloodstained comes off not as a labor of love or a spiritual successor to Igavania, but as soulless and derivative. I expected more, especially after the excellent Curse of the Moon.
14. Amorous (PC) | 1st March - 2hrs | 2/10
Amorous is a friendly, sexually utopic furry dating sim featuring in-depth gender, sexuality, and appearance customization. It largely caters to the LGBTQ+ Community, but there are some straight pairings as well. Ultimately, this is a porn game. Uncensored, each route features a graphic and animated sex scene. It's this reward that serves as the primary motivator. Unfortunately, it also suffers the same issues as other porn-with-plot games. Bland, paper-thin characters, poor background art, and an overall lack of polish. Additionally, there has been some controversy involving the lead animator, so it's a relatively safe skip unless you are dying to see the animated sex scenes.
15. Higurashi When They Cry - Tatarigoroshi (PC) | 3rd March - 20hrs | 5/10
The intensity ramps up in this chapter as things escalate and new questions are introduced. This is the chapter where information and hints about what is really going on in Hinamizawa begin to trickle out to the player. Overall, I had a good time reading Tatarigoroshi, though it did drag a bit in the middle, and the early scenes are some of the most irritating and grating slice of life moments in the series so far. It also centers around my personal least favorite member of the main cast, which didn't necessarily disadvantage my reading experience so much as color it. A decent read and worth the time if you are interested.
16. Higurashi When They Cry - Himatsubushi (PC) | 10th March - 10hrs | 5/10
Himatsubushi - "Time-Killing" Chapter -- is an appropriately named intermission in the Higurashi series. It takes place five years prior to the rest of the series and is something of a break from the main cast as it features a Tokyo police officer as a main character. According to most fans, Himatsubushi is the chapter considered the least interesting in main series, and I do somewhat agree. It isn't bad by any means, but it is a weird pacing lull in the center of a series that is, at this point, really ramping up. Overall I enjoyed the story, but it helped that this chapter is so short. There are quite a few revelations in this chapter as well, so it is essential to the overall plot. A lot of time is spent focused on Rika, and many mysteries related to her are set up that help fill in the gaps from previous chapters.
17. Higurashi When They Cry Kai - Meakashi (PC) | 14th March - 24hrs | 6/10
The first true Answer Arc in the Higurashi series, corresponding with the second question arc Watanagashi. This was a rather meaty entry, providing a lot of key answers that retroactively alter the nature of the earlier episodes. Shion is the main character this time, and we get a lot of insight into the inner politics of Hinamizawa and how the Three Families actually exert control over the town. A large portion of the episode also details the year prior to Keiichi's arrival in Hinamizawa, necessarily fleshing out Satoshi's backstory. This is also the longest entry thus far, taking roughly twice as long to read as any of the previous chapters. That being said, there is a lot of retreading going on in this chapter as well, with whole scenes lifted from Watanagashi in order to add insight from Shion's point of view. It also contains the first branching path in the series, though that may only be if you are playing with the 07th Mod installed. A strong entry, as long as you can stomach some repeat scenes and the longer runtime.
18. Killer7 (PC) | 27th March - 20hrs | 8/10
Suda's masterpiece, an audiovisual tour-de-force with a wild story all about coming to terms with one's past, and the things that make up a person. Be it from their past, or from their purpose, a person is what makes them. I have a bit of a history with Suda, given that I'm the person leading the fan translation for Moonlight Syndrome, but I'd never completed Killer7 before. Thankfully, the game had tons of surprises up its sleeve and didn't overstay its welcome. Gameplay is primarily a mix of on-rails shooting and puzzle solving, with cutscenes and lore snippets mixed in to break up the monotony. There is a rudimentary, if a little bit underdeveloped leveling system tied to the game's combat as well, but unfortunately the amount of experience you can generate seems to cap out on every level meaning that I don't think one can level up all of the characters to max in a single playthrough -- at least on Deadly. It's possible grinding can be done on the final level, but I'm not sure. Nonetheless, I never felt wanting for power aside from during the Ayame Blackburn fight, which took me four tries to complete and was the most difficult encounter in the game. There are definitely some small questions I have about the story, but I intend to read Hand in Killer7, the supplemental material that released with the game, to see if I can't fill in the dots. In short, I loved this game, and I hope more people play it. Shout out to Travis, one of the in-game spirit guides for having the best tanktops. Play Killer7 -- you won't regret it.

Currently Playing:
  • Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~
  • The Void
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
  • Manifold Garden
  • Assassin's Creed 3: Remastered
  • Unavowed
  • Evoland
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered
  • Blasphemous
  • Untitled Goose Game
  • Hollow Knight
  • A Hat in Time
  • Yakuza 0
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  • The Silver Case
  • Ys 1
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Return of the Obra Dinn

Last edited:

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
52 games in 2018, 40 games in 2019. Let's see how we do this year.

1. Horizon Turbo Chase
  2. Gears of War 4
  3. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  4. Streets of Rage
  5. inFAMOUS 2
  6. Okami
  7. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  8. DOOM Eternal
  9. Resident Evil 3

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
28/52

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) - 8/10
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES) - 8/10
3. Untitled Goose Game (Switch) - 7/10
4. Moss (PSVR) - 9/10
5. Half-Life: Blue Shift (PC) - 8/10
6. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - 8/10
7. Batman: Arkham VR (PSVR) - 8/10
8. Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (PS4) - 8/10
9. Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels (Switch) - 7/10
10. Braid (PS3) - 8/10
11. Battletoads (Xbox One) - 6/10
12. Jetpac (Xbox One) - 6/10
13. Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch) - 9/10
14. Super Princess Peach (DS) - 7/10
15. Mom Hid My Game! (iPad) - 7/10
16. Emily is Away (PC) - 8/10
17. Half-Life 2 (PC) - 10/10
18. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (PC) - 8/10
19. Half-Life 2: Episode One (PC) - 8/10
20. Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4) - 7/10
21. Portal (PC) - 9/10
22. Eagle Flight (PSVR) - 7/10
23. Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC) - 9/10
24. Crash Bandicoot (PS4) - 7/10
25. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) - 8/10
26. The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine (Xbox 360) - 8/10
27. The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns Again! (PS3) - 7/10
28. Shadow of the Beast (PS4) - 6/10

Currently Playing:
Mario Kart 7 - 3DS
Haunted House - Wii

Half-Life: Alyx - PC
The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening -Switch

2018 List - 68 Games
2019 List - 69 Games

Last edited:

Cal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at uni, but fuck it I wanna go for it this year. Don't suppose I'll hit it, but I will try my best and get some numbers in!

Some I want to complete: Jedi: Fallen Order, Outer Wilds, Halo MCC, Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata

1. Mini Metro (PC) | 5th Jan - 6hrs | 4.5/5

Last edited:

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Managed to finish 29 and abandoned 10 games last year.

Currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and replaying Total War: Warhammer II, XCOM 2 and Thumper.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Alright, let's try this again. I'm determined to get through as much as I can this year and finishing up games that I started but haven't finished. Good luck everyone!

GAMES COMPLETED
1. Ape Out (PC) - 5hrs - 9/10 (01/01/2020)
2. Super Mario World (SNES/Switch) - 3hrs - 10/10 (1/01/2020)
3. Far Cry 5 (PC) - 28hrs - 7/10 (1/07/2020)
4. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (Vita) - 8hrs - 6/10 (01/11/2020)
5. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (Vita) - 7hrs - 6.5/10 (01/15/2020)
6. Devil May Cry 5 - Human Replaythrough (PC) - 7hrs - 10/10 (1/20/2020)
7. DOOM (2016) (PC) - 9hrs - 8/10 (1/22/2020)
8. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC) - 60hrs - 10/10 (2/26/2020)
9. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - Normal Story/Classic [100%!!] (X360) - 5hrs - 6/10 (03/03/2020)

IN PROGRESS
DragonBall FighterZ (getting good/campaign | ~12 hours)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (4/10 | Normal | ~2hrs)
DOOM Eternal
Animal Crossing: New Horizons

GAMES I WILL TACKLE
Borderlands 3 (Normal/Amara co-op playthrough)
Chaos;Child
DOOM Eternal
GTAIV
Golf Story
Halo: MCC (beat Reach before)
Outer Wilds
Steins;Gate Elite
The Outer Worlds
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Wolf Among Us

Last edited:

sixclaws

Oct 25, 2017
Only managed to beat 13 games in 2019, but hopefully can do better this year, already have a bunch of games I'm halfway through so just need to stick with one.....

1) Minit (Switch) : neat idea but I had some issues figuring out what I was supposed to do next.
2) Earth Defense Force 5 (PC) : EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF
3) Division 2: Main Game (PC)

Last edited:

Weiss

Oct 25, 2017
1. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddys Kong Quest - 01/01/2020

Starting the year off right with the best 2D platformer of all time.

Adryuu

Oct 27, 2017
[Reserved]

1. The Banner Saga 3 (PS4) | 5th Jan - ~10hrs | 4/5 | Nice and fitting end to the trilogy, if a bit rushed and light on ending cinematics.
2. Remnant: From the Ashes (XB1) | 11th Jan - 34h | 4/5 | Good shooter soulslike, if a bit long and very cheap, suitable for solo after all.
3. Guacamelee 2 (XB1) | 16th Jan - 12,5h | 4/5 | As good as the first one, maybe less metroidvania and less hardcore unless doing the good ending.
4. A Plague Tale: Innocence (XB1) | 30th Jan - 21h | 3/5 | Great atmosphere and French acting, not so great script and game, but charismatic in the end.
5. Old Man's Journey (XB1) | 31st Jan - 2h? | 3/5 | Quick emotive little beautiful puzzle mobile like game.

Ok sure, let's try this too this year. Maybe this way I'll try and finish what I start more. Maybe I don't post here again but I'll try. I don't really grasp how actually much is 52, never tried to keep count...

Now playing:
Anthem

Stopped/abandoned/ongoing/etc:
Forza Horizon 4, Dirt Rally 2.0, Sea of Thieves, The Division.

*edited 31th jan*

Last edited:

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
sQr` Main post | Status: 12/52

January | Played 8 Games | 4 Platforms | Total playtime: 35 hours 44 minutes [ Finished | 4 ]
  • Lara Croft GO | Playstation 4 Pro [ 7 ]
    Finished on 6/1/20 | 7 hours and 18 minutes | Platinum trophy
  • Resident Evil 7 | Playstation VR [ 9 ]
    Finished on 18/1/20 | 8 hours and 6 minutes
  • Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch | Nintendo Switch [ 6 ]
    Finished on 24/1/20 | 5 hours and 35 minutes | All training mode opened
  • Flat Heroes | Playstation 4 Pro [ 7 ]
    Finished on 31/1/20 | 6 hours and 50 minutes
February | Played 8 Games | 4 Platforms | Total playtime: 53 hours 1 minutes [ Finished | 4 ]
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe | Nintendo Switch [ 8 ]
    Finished on 2/2/20 | 9 hours and 57 minutes | All Star Coin Collected
  • Driveclub | Playstation 4 Pro [ 7 ]
    Finished on 9/2/20 | 8 hours 28 minutes | Tour / All Stars
  • Journey to the Savage Planet | Playstation 4 Pro [ 8 ]
    Finished on 15/2/20 | 11 hours and 9 minutes
  • Dreams | Playstation 4 Pro [ 10 ]
    Finished on 17/2/20 | 4 hours and 23 minutes | Art’s Dream / All Bubbles!
March | Played ? Games | ? Platforms | Total playtime: X hours Y minutes [ Finished | ? ]
  • Doom Eternal | Xbox One X [ 8 ]
    Finished on 17/3/20 | 15 hours and 36 minutes
  • The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets | Playstation VR [ 7 ]
    Finished on 21/3/20 | 2 hours and 3 minutes | All trophies (2 of them bugged)
  • Arise: A Simple Story | PlayStation 4 Pro [ 9 ]
    Finished on 23/3/20 | 6 hours and 29 minutes | I only need the co-op trophy for Platinum.
  • The Room VR: A Dark Matter | PlayStation VR [ 8 ]
    Finished on 28/3/20 | 4 hours and 42 minutes

1. Lara Croft GO (PS4) | 6th Jan - 7hrs | 3/5
2. Resident Evil 7 (PSVR) | 18th Jan - 8hrs | 5/5
3. Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (NSW) | 24th Jan - 6hrs | 3/5
4. Flat Heroes (PS4) | 31th Jan - 7hrs | 3/5
5. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (NSW) | 2th Feb - 10hrs | 4/5
6. Driveclub (PS4) | 9th Feb - 8hrs | 4/5
7. Journey to the Savage Planet (PS4) | 15th Feb - 11hrs | 4/5
8. Dreams (PS4) | 17th Feb - 4hrs | 5/5
9. Doom Eternal (XBO) | 17th Mar - 16hrs | 4/5
10. The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (PSVR) | 21th Mar - 2hrs | 3/5
11. Arise: A Simple Story (PS4) | 23th Mar - 6hrs | 5/5
12. The Room VR: A Dark Matter (PSVR) | 28th Mar - 5hrs | 3/5

Last edited:

HiroTSK5

Nov 4, 2017
Let's Go!

1. Code Vein [PS4 01/05/20]: This game has one of my favorite twists in a while. Overall the game is pretty much exactly what it sets out to be, God Eater/Souls.
2. Kirby's Dreamland [3DS 01/07/2020]: That's a comfort food.
3. Sonic Generations [3DS 01/10/2020]: Much like the console version: Only here for Sonic Adventure 2.
4. Heave-Ho [PC 01/11/2020]: "Grab my hand".
5. Gato Roboto [PC 01/11/2020]: A neat metroidvania. The mech feels heavy but other than that it plays well.
6. Kirby's Pinball Land [3DS 01/12/2020]: The boards are fun and it sets up other similar games.
7. Kirby's Block Ball [3DS 01/12/2020]: Chaotic.
8. Kingdom Hearts III ReMind [PS4 01/24/2020]: That was a trip.
9. Fortnite Chapter 2 [PS4 02/02/2020]: Got my second Victory Royale after having not touching the game in over a year and there is a lot more crap on screen than before.
10. Lion King [02/02/2020]: That game was BS.
11. Fire Emblem Three Houses: Cindered Shadows [Switch: 02/16/2020]: That's some fanfiction with a bull shit boss at the end.
12. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories [PS4 02/18/2020]: Still a fun game but that Platinum's going to be a bitch.
13. Murder by Numbers [Switch: 03/15/2020]: It's Picross with a story, it's fine.
14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night [PS4 03/17/2020]: Still Good.
15. Legend of Bum-bo [Steam 03/22/2020]: I beat it I think?

Last edited: