• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuck it, think I'm gonna compete this year. Got too much of a backlog and not enough desire to spend. Reserved!
1. Fractured Minds | 2nd Jan - 15 Mins | ?/5
2. Control | 4th Jan - 15 Hours | 3/5
3. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order | 20th Jan - 20 Hours | 4/5

header.jpg

1 - Fractured Minds
This isn't really something that I would count as a full 'game', and it definitely feels a bit like cheating to put a 15 minute experience on my list, but I'm still going to place it here as I feel that it deserves some recognition. It's essentially a very short game that explores anxiety through rudimentary walking-sim/puzzle mechanics. There's really not much to say in regards to its quality as a 'game', which is the reason I didn't give it a proper score here, but for the first effort of a very young developer (IIRC the developer was 17 when she made it) I think it's quite commendable. For the £1.50 I spent on it I can't really say that I regret buying it at all.

header.jpg

2 - Control
Despite some of its praise I'd put this as a mixed bag. A mixed bag with enough good that I still really liked it, but enough bad that I can't rightly say it was one of my favourites of the last year (though it'll still have a place in my Top 10). Amazing world-building, some really unique moments, and combat that (when good) is incredibly well-done. However I cannot ignore the often-frustrating level design, the piss-poor map system, and the terrible checkpointing. Overall though I definitely see the hype here, even if I don't fully share the same opinion.

header.jpg

3 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
If there were a game that defined 'more than the sum of its parts,' it would be this one. Very few aspects of this title are truly original; what with Dark Souls combat, Metroidvania level design, Uncharted set-pieces, etc; however when combined, and with the production values and style of a Star Wars title, they make for something really great. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through this and, luckily, I ran into very few of the bugs that seemed to have plagued other people's play-throughs. As a side not this is one title where the whole 'advertisements never count as spoilers' argument is pretty ridiculous; prime TV adverts spoil an incredibly big reveal that happens literally right at the end of the game, one that would have 10x better if it weren't so well-advertised.

Last edited:

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in.

January 2020

On the docket...

1. Luigi's Mansion 3
2. Control
3. Astrobot Rescue Mission
4. Pokémon Sheild
5. Borderlands 3

Last edited:

Miopia

May 10, 2018
Ok, Let's do this!

I've listed the games i want to play in January, and will list the other months too. just finished the first one. I'll put a score at the side, and share one or two words about it. Every month i will also choose a game to play freely (a GAAS, a Roguelike, or something score based), without the obligation to finish it.

January
1 - A Short Hike - 9/10 - Awesome, candid, sweet little game! Great mechanics, feels like Nintendo. (01/Jan/2020 - 1:30 hours)
2 - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
3 - Control
4 - Deliver Us the Moon
5 - Dicey Dungeon (Freeform)
(Extra Game) - Momodora Reverie Under The Moonlight - 7,5/10 - Gorgeous, yet basic and unsofisticated Metroidvania. Amazing animation, melancholic OST and general mood. Tight controls, but it's not very deep (04/Jan/2020 - 5 hours)

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, think I'm gonna compete this year. Got too much of a backlog and not enough desire to spend. Reserved!

Quick question (I'll delete this if I get an answer):

What's the policy on finishing half-finished games either from years or weeks prior? For instance I've already started Control and am about 4 or so hours in; if I finish it now will that count towards my total or not? Similarly for longer games that might take more than a week to complete (like Cyberpunk 2077, for example).

Anything finished in 2020 counts. Doesn't matter if you started it last year or 2010 as long as you finish it in 2020.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Anything finished in 2020 counts. Doesn't matter if you started it last year or 2010 as long as you finish it in 2020.

Thanks. That makes sense, then. I think I'll put a personal restriction on "if the game's more than 50% complete when I start it in 2020 then it doesn't count." So that would have disqualified The Outer Worlds if I had finished it today (instead of a few days ago) as I only had to do 2 story quests to finish it after coming back from a fairly long hiatus.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Reserving this for my main post

Didn't even really come close last year, probably finished somewhere around 30, wouldn't know cause I stopped counting around 20. This is the year!

Scale:
0/5 - One of the worst games I've ever played, please spare yourself.
1/5 - This game is bad. Real bad.
2/5 - This game is below average, not good.
3/5 - Game is good. Worth the playthrough. Nothing that'll blow your socks off though.
4/5 - Game is great. I love this game. GOTY contender in a year with no all timer, otherwise just a great experience.
5/5 - One of my all time favorites. Game of the generation contenders.

ALL COMPLETIONS:

1. Outer Wilds (XB1) | 11th Jan - 10hrs | 3/5
2. Rocket League (XB1) | 11th Jan - 20hrs | 3.5/5
3. Madden NFL 20 (XB1) | 11th Jan - 4hrs | 2/5
4. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep (XB1) | 11th Jan - 5hrs | 3/5
5. Overwatch (XB1) | 11th Jan - 6hrs | 4/5
6. Resident Evil 4 (XB1) | 24th Jan - 17hrs | 4.5/5
7. Minecraft (XB1) | 15th Mar - 20hrs | 4/5
8. Conan Exiles (XB1) | 6th April - 7hrs | 2/5
9. NBA 2k20 (XB1) | 7th May - 5hrs | 1/5
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (XB1) | 7th May - 100hrs | 3.5/5
11. VALORANT (PC) | 17th May - 8hrs | 3/5
12. Golf With Your Friends (XB1) | 23rd May - 5hrs | 2.5/5

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

-Metal Gear Solid V
-Ori and the Blind Forest

Games 6-10

Last edited:

Min

Oct 25, 2017
The past two years I've really lost all enthusiasm for games in general.

I think this thread (when I was trying to meet the challenge) and some life events really sucked a lot of the joy out of the hobby for me, but it's still a good way to track what I play.

2014: 52 games
2015: 74 games
2016: 54 games
2017: 41 games
2018: 11 games
2019: 7 games

2020:
  1. A Short Hike --- 1 hour 30 minutes
  2. Eliza --- 6 hours
  3. Kentucky Route Zero --- 14 hours
  4. The Return of the Obra Dinn --- 8 hours
  5. The Outer Wilds --- 26 hours
  6. Super Mario Odyssey — ??? (508 moons and finished darker side of the moon)
  7. The Last of Us Part II -- 23 hours 38 minutes
  8. Umurangi Generation -- 4 hours
  9. Yoku's Island Express
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 100+ hours

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, how does this work on xbox? Is it for all games or just the ones that havea stat for it? If it's all, where do I find it?

Just the ones that have stats, though most do. Others have their own internal counter, especially RPGs. Those who have neither you just have to control yourself. If you're interested in recording times ofc. Some people do, some don't.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Damn, missed the first 2 pages

Anyways, time to beat last year's record of 5 games and actually beat games after January.
==========================
Scoring System

5/5: Excellent perfect game, a margin very few games reach
4/5: An amazing game with flaws that are tough to look over or just not having enough
3/5: A great game that held me through to the end with a few rough patches
2/5: A very flawed game with major holes that need filling
1/5: A terrible game, very few redeemable qualities
0/5: The worst of the worst
Games Beaten (Open links to see scores)

1. Portal (PC) (57 Minutes) (January 1st, 2020)
2. Portal 2 (PC) (6 Hours) (January 1st, 2020)
3. Squidlit (PC) (41 Minutes) (January 2nd, 2020)
4. A Short Hike (PC) (47 Minutes) (January 2nd, 2020)
5. The White Door (PC) (1 Hour, 46 Minutes) (January 13th, 2020)
6. Halo Reach (PC) (5 Hours) (January 26th, 2020)
7. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PC) (4 Hours) (March 1st, 2020)
8. Half Life 2 (PC) (7 Hours) (March 10th, 2020)
9. Black Mesa (PC) (3 Hours) (March 21st, 2020)
10. Half Life 2: Episode One (PC) (3 Hours) (March 29th, 2020)
11. Half Life 2: Episode Two (PC) (4 Hours) (March 29th, 2020)
12. Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) (22 Hours, 30 Minutes) (May 26th, 2020)
13. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) (10 Hours) (November 1st, 2020)
14. Dishonored (PC) (10 Hours, 30 Minutes) (November 8th, 2020)
15. Luigi's Mansion (3DS) (4 Hours) (November 19th, 2020)
16. Sonic Mania (PC) (7 Hours, 52 Minutes) (December 4th, 2020)
17. Grand Theft Auto V (PC) (24 Hours, 42 Minutes) (December 19th, 2020)
Currently Playing

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
ThisOneHasNoName - 10/52

1khrechain.jpg

I fucking hate this game. the only reason it gets two stars is once I finally figured out the combat I felt more in control. Unfortunately the combat sucks and even on normal difficulty this game isn't just hard, it feels cheap. I kept feeling like I was being cheated constantly, I'd get a leg up and suddenly get one-shot'd and have to spend 20 minutes retooling my deck. I didn't beat the final boss, but I dont care. 50 hours of this was enough. I'm moving on.

1khrechainriku.jpg

So I didn't realize that there was a whole other game after you beat Sora's Story. The reason for incluing it as seperate is; it took me over 10 hours to finish and it fills in gaps with Sora's story and stuff that will seemingly end up mattering to the next games. I played this on beginner mode, but the card combat is slightly different, with Riku not able to make his own deck. Overall, I found this to be fine considering I didn't have to worry to much about difficulty.

2atelierrorona.jpg

I have had this and the other Arland games for about a year and it took the release of the Dusk trilogy for me to finally sink into this series. It's very good. A pretty relaxed and laid back RPG and time management game about a girl named Rorona trying to save her alchemy workshop. While it's fun to make new things and fight new monsters, the real pull is how much fun the characters and there relationships are. Don't get me wrong, this game is 100% anime, and if you like that I suggest giving this series a try if you haven't already

4beatsaber.jpg

With everything going on, it seemed like a good idea. Jumping into VR was always a touchy proposition for me. It's expensive, there didn't seem to be that killer app, and I have trouble of anxiety, so I thought I would even be comfortable with the headset itself. Not only are none of those things true anymore, I would have paid even more if it meant getting to play Beat Saber earlier. What a tremendous game. It's been said a hundred times, but this is the killer app for VR (don't tell Valve). With the ability to add custom songs the Quest version is the best one in my opinion. I'll sacrafice a little fidelity for freedom of movement. if you have a VR headset and don't own this game, I don't think we can be friends.

5vaderone.jpg

So it's pretty short and I kind of wish they had just charged $25 for a whole game instead of splitting it into 3 parts but, this was a pretty cool VR game based around Star Wars. The lightsaber is a little finicky but otherwise it's pretty cool and I would like to see the rest at some point

6streets-IV.jpg

So I have never been the biggest Streets of Rage fan. I always found the older games punishing in a not fun kind of way. But with Game Pass I figured why not give this a try. Not only is this game still punishing but I feel as though it's actively daring me to quit. The game gives you two extra lives but once you lose those it's game over. It except it's not because this is 2020 (or whenever) and nobody would play that game anymore. So you get assists in more starting lives of special moves but it doesn't matter when you have to lose the level to get them. Enemies constantly feel like they have controls that you don't, able to move quickly around, while some characters don't even have the ability to run. I finished it because it was free and short. Only if your an enormious SOT fan should you bother.

7avengers.jpg

This one is hard. I'm a huge fan of The Avengers in other places, comics, movies, TV. So coming into this game I knew I was prediposed to enjoy and be easier on it just for that fact. Having finished the story and played a bit of the post game I'm of two minds. The story is great, Kamala Khan is a fantastic character and used in the best way to explore The Avengers and all their drama. The live service part however, needs some work. I might be of the minority opinion but I truly believe that The Avengers and comics in general make a great choice for this type of game. You play a superhero going out and doing superhero things. It shouldn't be that hard. With the promise of an ongoing story it make that all better. The problems are two fold but boil down to the same thing, not enough variety. Enemies, missions, heroes, quests, everything just needs more and more varied as well. If they can do that I believe Crystal Dynamics has the foundation of a great game to come back to over the course of the next couple of years.

8valorant.jpg

How do you know when you've completed a multiplayer only game. Well I've put over 300 hours into Valorant since launch and played a ton in the beta so I think I'm qualified. This is my favorite game of 2020. It may not be the best but nothing has given me the highs I need then but down to just you against three or four other people and clutching it out. Hell, anytime I was the last one left for my team was the most stressful feeling I've maybe ever had in a video game. It's not perfect, matchmaking needs work to ferret out uneven matches and smurfs are plentiful. Plus the less said about Riot's stupid ridiculous gun skin prices the better (don't ask me how much i've spent ok, the skin was really cool and the finisher animation was a singularity, i needed it.) This is probably my game of the year and I can't wait to keep playing for years to come.

9astro.jpg

Quite possibly one of the best pack in games of all time. Astro's Playroom is THE love letter to Playstation and a great showcase for the new DualSense controller. It does not overstay its welcome, I finished with almost all the trophies in about 5 hours and I took breaks. The only reason this isn't five stars is that in the end some of the gameplay is pretty standard platforming, with most of the levels revolve around one of the four previous generations of Playstation consoles as well as a specific feature of the controller. This game singlehandly sells the possiblities of the Dualsense and honestly its going to be extremely disappointing when a year from now the only games real doing anything interesting with it are Sony's.

10miles.jpg

So I loved the first Spider-Man game and in a lot of ways this is just more of that but staring the much cooler Spider-Man; Miles Morales. The thing about that first game was that as good as the swinging and combat were the thing that stuck out was how well written it was. In some ways it might be one of my favorite Peter Parker stories in any medium. Unfortunately, Miles suffers somewhat from being a stop-gap game. Clearly meant to fill-in while Insomniac work on a full follow up to the previous game, and it shows in how fast it feels like the game is already wrapping up before you even get to know anyone. It also falls into the trap of being a little too predictable if you have ever spent anytime with anything comic book releated. Good, but not great. Hopefully, Miles and the rest of his cast can get their own full game in the future.

01. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS4) | 2nd Jan - 50hrs | 2/5
02. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - Riku's Story (PS4) | 3rd Jan - 10hrs | 3/5
03. Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX (PC) | 25th Jan - 25hrs | 5/5
04. Beat Saber (VR) | 11th May - 15hrs | 5/5
05. Star Wars: Vader Immortal - Episode I (VR) | 6th June - 3hrs | 3/5
06. Streets of Rage 4 (XBOX) | 3rd Aug - 5hrs | 2/5
07. Marvel's Avengers (PS4) | 8th Sept. - 32hrs | 4/5
08. Valorant (PC) | 20th Oct. - 318hrs | 5/5
09. Astro's Playroom (PS5) | 15th Nov. - 5hrs | 4/5
10. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) | 21st Nov. - 8hrs. | 4/5

Last edited:

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
#1 -
apeout-1620x800.jpg

This game was incredible start to finish. The way the music changes across albums and the subtle storytelling details are amazing.
The cuteness of the outro was also well done and surprising.
9/10

#2 - Lightfall
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm a huge fan of platformers and while there are some good moments of tough platforming here there was just too much fluff for a game this short. The story also wasn't good at all.
6/10

#3 - Crash Bandicoot
CrashBandicoot1_PS1Box.jpg

Ok, maybe it's because I played it a long time ago, but good lord, this game is terrible. Poor hit detection, imprecise platforming, cheap deaths and really poor level design. I almost wanted to start a whole thread about how bad this game is. I remember loving Warped and being indifferent about two. Let's see where these next few hours takes me.
2/10

#4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
220px-Crash_Bandicoot_2_Cortex_Strikes_Back_Game_Cover.jpg

While this is certainly better than the original many of the same problems persisted Cortex Strikes Back. My main gripe has to be the imprecise platforming. Crash just doesn't feel good to control. Much better level design helps this one out quite a bit. But good god those jetpack levels are truly awful and to top it off that has to be one of the worst final boss fights I've ever played.
5/10

#5- Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
40271849-45a9-4351-b206-51f0c03ea5a1_1.b3e245e1eafe237efa49e9fa04e8ccf3.jpeg

Definitely the best Crash by a mile. Level design and secrets are better and much fewer cheap deaths. Those swimming levels are atrocious though.
8/10

Currently playing - Hotline Miami Collection (Switch)

Last edited:

dlemarc

Oct 31, 2017
I'll try to finish again. I only got through 17 games last year.

01 - Q.U.B.E. - 7/10 - Another fun short FP puzzler (this is becoming my preferred genre).
02 - Q.U.B.E. 2 - 8/10 - A much meatier game with some good updates to the formula. Story was more intriguing as well.
03 - Prototype - 7/10 - Still fun in 2020, and the final boss still sucks. Forgot how much I liked the story and the Web of Intrigue. Interesting to play in the time of Coronavirus.
04 - Prototype 2 - 7/10 - More refined game and varied powers, but I didn't like the direction they took the story. I don't know how you'd make a sequel at this point.
05 - Marvel's Spider-Man - 8/10 - Take out the Miles and Mary Jane sections, and I probably give it a 9/10. I'm a sucker for Spider-Man games, and this is the most polished one ever.
06 - The Outer Worlds - 7/10 - Fun take on the Sci-Fi space colony RPG. Hopefully gets a big budget sequel from Microsoft.
07 - Beacon - 7/10 - Rogue-like twin stick shooter where you mutate after death to get stronger. Mutations always get me, but it is early access.
08 - Carrion - 8/10 - Short but sweet reverse horror pathfinder (I'll never use Metroidvania) game. This is an experience I'd like to have more often.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32615

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Update: January 1st, 2019
header.jpg

Game 1: Portal (PC) (57 Minutes) (4/5)

For the 4th year in the row I played through both Portal games again. Portal is a magical experience each time because the game is just straight puzzles. It's short and straight to the point of what it wants to do. Initially, I looked at this as a flaw of the first game but upon revisiting Portal 2 it reminded me just how much better this game is. I love messing around in the engine and there was one point where I fell behind a wall and just got to mess around with portals and god it was fun just breaking the game. All the ideas introduced in Portal feel like they have a place and everything is introduced properly that you don't feel lost in the mechanics. Obviously coming for the 4th time I got through the game fairly quickly because Portal's main glaring issue is that puzzles, once you get the idea, are very short. The very last puzzle before the final part of the game is all in one fairly small room which is pretty disappointing. Despite the games shortcomings the game is still one of my favourite games ever made. The world design feels weak compared to Portal 2, but for me I feel like a lab rat with no idea what is going on behind the scenes and that is just enough for me.

07d252c1e8c57f5861e12ae2c0deeaf981103c28.jpg

Game 2: Portal 2 (PC) (6 Hours) (3/5)
Portal 2 on the other hand feels like a massive disappointment.What made Portal great was it's focus on puzzles and how each one was straight to the point but still hard. Portal 2 on the other hand, it's core strength is in it's World Design, but in turn they have taken a step back on what made Portal great. On a positive note, when the games world design shines, it REALLY shines. The whole game has such a sense of scale that I haven't seen in any other Valve game. Levels are huge and sprawling and the puzzles really compliment that with puzzles that even on my 4th play through made me feel like a giant idiot, you really get a true scope into how big Aperture is which fits, because you're no longer a lab rat, you've been through that. The writing is excellent and lines that I repeat to myself before actually hearing them STILL make me chuckle cause all the characters have so much charm, bring GlaDOS down to the size of a potato after being the behemoth that you had to overcome in Portal 1 was a brilliant decision and made her character feel more real in a sense and understandable. Cave Johnson is just amazing, he is such a Valve character and has the single funniest lines in the game. The game also introduces repulsion gels which are amazing ideas which give the underground section of the game a new light (except for that part with the white gel and you have to throw it all over the room, that mission sucked). Now for the negatives. Wheatley, despite being my favourite character in this game, is the single reason why I don't like this game as much as Portal. Early game you are just stuck behind Wheatley walking in small claustrophobic corridors in segments that YOU achieve nothing in and could of easily been a cutscene, the first hour of this game is spent not doing anything that makes this game good. Once Wheatley is gone and GlaDOS gives you new test chambers it's a blast and THEN you have to escape with Wheatley again in a part which is better than the first hour but still incredibly boring. The last part of the game introduces the worst mechanic with the blue spiral things that are so slow and boring and are rarely used in interesting ways.

Portal 2 is an incredibly flawed experience but the highs are still incredibly high.

Main Post

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Managed 40 games in 2019. I think I'll do worse this year, but we'll see!

Games 1-5:
1. The Stretchers | Jan 3 | 5:20hrs | rating: 2.5/5
2. Kirby Super Star | Jan 16 | 4:26hrs | rating: 2/5
3. Axiom Verge | Feb 1 | 9:32hrs | rating: 4.5/5
4. Picross Survival | Feb 4 | 35:00hrs | rating: 3/5
5. Yooka-Laylee | Feb 15 | 15:48hrs | rating: 2/5

Games 6-10:
6. Wandersong | Feb 28 | 9:15hrs | rating: 4.5/5
7. Trivial Pursuit | Mar 3 | 3:30hrs | rating: 2.5/5
8. Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King | Mar 9 | 6:30hrs | rating: 2.5/5
9. Untitled Goose Game | Mar 10 | 2:30hrs | rating: 1.5/5
10. Mega Man 11 | Mar 12 | 7:40hrs | rating: 3/5

Games 11-15:
11. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | 17th Mar | 19:12hrs | rating: 4/5
12. Wuppo | 19th Mar | 7:20hrs | rating: 2/5
13. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons | 2nd Apr | 3:00hrs | rating: 1.5/5
14. Dandara | 18th Apr | 9:24hrs | rating: 2.5/5
15. Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 19th Apr | 150:00hrs | rating: 4/5

Games 16-20:
16. Murder by Numbers | 7th May | 20:00hrs | rating: 2.5/5
17. Super Mario 64 | 22nd May | 5:35hrs | rating: 3.5/5
18. Gris | 30th May | 3:00hrs | rating: 3/5
19. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worlwide Classics | 1st July | 21:00hrs | rating: 2/5
20. Underhero | 3rd July | 10:00hrs | rating: 1.5/5

Games 21-25:
21. What the Golf? | 4th July | 7:54hrs | rating: 2.5/5
22. Super Meat Boy | 10th July | 5:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5
23. Dead Cells | 11th July | 2:45hrs | rating: 2/5
24. Donkey Kong Country | 16th July | 2:05hrs | rating: 2.5/5
25. Super Nostalgia World | 18th July | 4:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5

Games 26-30:
26. Night in the Woods | 17th Jul | 5:35hrs | rating: 1.5/5
27. Rope Jumping | 15th Jul | 0:35hrs | rating: 2/5
28. A Hat in Time | 24th Jul | 7:25hrs | rating: 3/5
29. Paper Mario: The Origami King | 12th Aug | 28:00hrs | rating: 3/5
30. Owl Boy | 19th Aug | 6:00hrs | rating: 2/5

Games 31-35:
31. A Short Hike | 28th Aug | 2:15hrs | rating: 3/5
32. Inmost | 31st Aug | 3:40hrs | rating: 2/5
33. Return of the Obra Dinn | 21st Sep | 7:40hrs | rating: 1.5/5
34. Wario Land | 1st Oct | 2:45hrs | rating: 2.5/5
35. WarioWare, Inc. | 1st Oct | 1:30hrs | rating: 3/5

Games 36-40:
36. Mario's Super Picross | 8th Oct | 24:55hrs | rating: 3/5
37. Super Mario Galaxy | 13th Oct | 18:00hrs | rating: 4/5
38. Super Mario Sunshine | 17th Oct | 11:00hrs | rating: 4.5/5
39. Donkey Kong Country 2 | 20th Oct | 2:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5
40. Overcooked 2 | 22nd Oct | 10:00hrs | rating: 3/5

Games 41-45:
41. Ori and the Will of the Wisps | 30th oct | 14:32hrs | rating: 4/5
42. Hades | 9th Nov | 18:40hrs | rating: 3.5/5
43. Rhythm Tengoku | 12th nov | 3:20hrs | rating: 4/5
44. Horace | 17th Nov | 8:47hrs | rating: 2.5/5
45. Abzu | 18th Nov | 1:30hrs | rating: 2/5

Games 46-50:
46. Mega Man X | 25th Nov | 3:55hrs | rating: 2.5/5
47. Pikmin 3 | 12th Dec | 12:00hrs | rating: 3.5/5
48. Part Time UFO | 10th Dec | 5:30hrs | rating: 4/5
49. Fast RMX | 15th Dec | 3:50hrs | rating: 2.5/5
50. Carto | 31st Dec | 4:30hrs | rating: 3/5

1. The Stretchers | Jan 3 | 5:20hrs | rating: 2.5/5
2. Kirby Super Star | Jan 16 | 4:26hrs | rating: 2/5
3. Axiom Verge | Feb 1 | 9:32hrs | rating: 4.5/5
4. Picross Survival | Feb 4 | 35:00hrs | rating: 3/5
5. Yooka-Laylee | Feb 15 | 15:48hrs | rating: 2/5
6. Wandersong | Feb 28 | 9:15hrs | rating: 4.5/5
7. Trivial Pursuit | Mar 3 | 3:30hrs | rating: 2.5/5
8. Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King | Mar 9 | 6:30hrs | rating: 2.5/5
9. Untitled Goose Game | Mar 10 | 2:30hrs | rating: 1.5/5
10. Mega Man 11 | Mar 12 | 7:40hrs | rating: 3/5
11. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | 17th Mar | 19:12hrs | rating: 4/5
12. Wuppo | 19th Mar | 7:20hrs | rating: 2/5
13. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons | 2nd Apr | 3:00hrs | rating: 1.5/5
14. Dandara | 18th Apr | 9:24hrs | rating: 2.5/5
15. Animal Crossing: New Horizons | 19th Apr | 150:00hrs | rating: 4/5
16. Murder by Numbers | 7th May | 20:00hrs | rating: 2.5/5
17. Super Mario 64 | 22nd May | 5:35hrs | rating: 3.5/5
18. Gris | 30th May | 3:00hrs | rating: 3/5
19. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worlwide Classics | 1st July | 21:00hrs | rating: 2/5
20. Underhero | 3rd July | 10:00hrs | rating: 1.5/5
21. What the Golf? | 4th July | 7:54hrs | rating: 2.5/5
22. Super Meat Boy | 10th July | 5:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5
23. Dead Cells | 11th July | 2:45hrs | rating: 2/5
24. Donkey Kong Country | 16th July | 2:05hrs | rating: 2.5/5
25. Super Nostalgia World | 18th July | 4:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5
26. Night in the Woods | 17th Jul | 5:35hrs | rating: 1.5/5
27. Rope Jumping | 15th Jul | 0:35hrs | rating: 2/5
28. A Hat in Time | 24th Jul | 7:25hrs | rating: 3/5
29. Paper Mario: The Origami King | 12th Aug | 28:00hrs | rating: 3/5
30. Owl Boy | 19th Aug | 6:00hrs | rating: 2/5
31. A Short Hike | 28th Aug | 2:15hrs | rating: 3/5
32. Inmost | 31st Aug | 3:40hrs | rating: 2/5
33. Return of the Obra Dinn | 21st Sep | 7:40hrs | rating: 1.5/5
34. Wario Land | 1st Oct | 2:45hrs | rating: 2.5/5
35. WarioWare, Inc. | 1st Oct | 1:30hrs | rating: 3/5
36. Mario's Super Picross | 8th Oct | 24:55hrs | rating: 3/5
37. Super Mario Galaxy | 13th Oct | 18:00hrs | rating: 4/5
38. Super Mario Sunshine | 17th Oct | 11:00hrs | rating: 4.5/5
39. Donkey Kong Country 2 | 20th Oct | 2:30hrs | rating: 3.5/5
40. Overcooked 2 | 22nd Oct | 10:00hrs | rating: 3/5
41. Ori and the Will of the Wisps | 30th oct | 14:32hrs | rating: 4/5
42. Hades | 9th Nov | 18:40hrs | rating: 3.5/5
43. Rhythm Tengoku | 12th nov | 3:20hrs | rating: 4/5
44. Horace | 17th Nov | 8:47hrs | rating: 2.5/5
45. Abzu | 18th Nov | 1:30hrs | rating: 2/5
46. Mega Man X | 25th Nov | 3:55hrs | rating: 2.5/5
47. Pikmin 3 | 12th Dec | 12:00hrs | rating: 3.5/5
48. Part Time UFO | 10th Dec | 5:30hrs | rating: 4/5
49. Fast RMX | 15th Dec | 3:50hrs | rating: 2.5/5
50. Carto | 31st Dec | 4:30hrs | rating: 3/5

Last edited:

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
And away we go. Good luck to all. Can't wait to play some next gen games again.

01 : Gears 5 - PC - 1/5/20
There was no doubt what my first game would be. One of my favorites from last year.

02 : World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth - PC - 1/9/20
Level 110 on my warrior. I'm not actually going to play any more BFA content, because it's trash, so this is temporarily max level for my first WoW character. Hopefully Shadowlands is a worthwhile sequel to Legion.

03 : Gears of War Judgement - XB1 - 1/9/20
I still love how this plays. Not really playing the series in order at this point. Just playing whatever fancies me.

04 : The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC - 1/14/20
I didn't think this would ever end up on my list. I mostly stayed on the main storyline path, but it was fun running into quest and just deciding to do them. I can't think of a single quest that I didn't like at least a little bit. The story was excellent. Sound and graphics as well. But TW3 has something that a lot of open world games forget... it's fun. I think this is a game that will age well with me. I still have two expansions to play, and an opportunity to play new game plus again. I originally bought this on GOG years ago, but I was too lazy to play it there. I got it on a Steam sale and I can't say I regret it. I wonder when I'll be back.

05 : Gears of War 2 - XB1 - 1/18/20
I'm pretty under the weather right now, and the best medicine is always Gears for me. Would have liked to play the enhanced version of this, but playing just the BC version is pretty good too.

06 : The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - PC - 1/19/20
Took me a bit to get into, but once I did... oh boy. Such a great expansion. I don't think it took me the 10 hours to complete like most said it would, but I enjoyed the time I did spend with it. Shani was wonderful.

07 : The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine - PC - 1/23/20
If this is the last piece of Witcher content that we ever get it would be OK. I originally got the tragic ending, but I couldn't end with that, so I reloaded an earlier save and got the happier ending. There's no doubt that I'm going to play through the entire game, plus expansion, again. I just don't want to start it again right away. I miss all the friends that I made along the way. I don't like that I didn't kill Radovid. There's unfinished business there.

08 : Resident Evil 2 Claire B - PC - 1/31/20
Got a pair of HD6XX's and a Model D mouse, so I felt like plaything something nice and easy. Claire B checks that box. Still no idea how many times I've finished the game. Could easily be 20 times at this point. Well over 100 hours now.

09 : Rise of the Tomb Raider - PC - 2/2/20
This should have been a play through of Warcraft 3: Reforged, but we all know how that turned out. RotTR is basically a yearly run at this point.

10 : Metro Exodus The Two Colonels - PC - 2/17/20
Finally back on Steam and must I say it runs much more reliably and smoothly now. The Two Colonels was a nice bite sized DLC. I'll start on Sam's story soon.

11 : Resident Evil 2 Claire A - PC - 2/25/20
Frugalist run. This is for you Looney. I love you very much. Gone long before your time.

12 : Dark Souls 3 - PC - 2/25/20
I've had this game for years on PC but I've put it off for a long time. I finished it on XB1 when it came out. I had a lot of performance issues with that version. Pontyff Sulyvahn was the worst by far. I'm so glad that I did not run into any of the performance issues that I had on the console version.
I previously ran a strength build, but this time I ran an all dex build. Some fights were easier with each. Champion Gundyr and Soul of Cinder were much less memorable with the strength build, whereas The Twin Princes and Dancer were less memorable with the dex build.
I still have the DLC to get into to. I'm not going to rush myself with that though.

13 : Grand Theft Auto 5 - PC - 3/5/20
Been quite a while since I played through this. Almost to that point of 2020 where I won't be replaying older games. Doom soon, shortly followed by Resident Evil 3 (I hope it's good). Maybe I'll look at Sekiro again sometime this year.

14 : Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel - PC - 3/7/20
I really enjoyed this, but I regret summoning Gael for the Friede fight. I was already severely overleveled and add a summon on top of that and the fight was just too easy. I wasn't a fan of the Gravetender fight. Vilheim was better IMO. Looking forward to The Ringed City, but I'm not going to rush it. Only have a few bosses left in the game now. Still have to the Name King as well.

15 : Ori and the Blind Forest - PC - 3/15/20
The key to this game is patience. Something I don't always have a lot of. Also swearing at the stupid frickin controls helps too. It's a gorgeous game though. Wonderful soundtrack. A hell of a lot of fun. I'll get the sequel at some point, but I didn't want to go from challenging game to challenging game.

16 : Doom Eternal - PC - 3/28/20
After this, Ori and Dark Souls 3 DLC, I'm ready to take a break and play some easier games for a while. My review is the same as my impressions. Combat is great, sound is great, graphics are great. I could have lived without the grenade option, the blood punch and crucible could have been just one item and the flame belch is kind of a waste of a button. But the part of the game that should be changed, or completely removed, are the marauders. They shouldn't be mixed in with other non-trash mobs. I'm fine with them as a mini-boss, but the strategy to beat them is so different from the rest of the enemies in the game.

17 : Resident Evil 3 - PC - 4/3/20
Well that was uhhh... brief. Very brief. Clear time of 3:42. Very good game. Not as good as RE2, but definitely worthy. Just a really short game. RE2 had multiple paths to pad the game length a bit. Oh well. Replays should be fun.

18 : Resident Evil 3 - PC - 4/5/20
Finished on standard difficulty and got the charlie trophies already. Did a bit of grinding to unlock the unlimited assault rifle. Going to try out hardcore next. I should pick up a couple of coins to make it more doable. I'm not sure I like the reward system more or less than RE2. They're easier to unlock, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. I'll enjoy it as it's intended though.

19 : Resident Evil 3 - PC - 4/6/20
Finished on hardcore difficulty. Used some coins and the infinite assault rifle. I highly doubt I could have finished this mode without a lot of help from the store. At some point I'd like to go back and do nightmare and inferno, but I'm not in any rush.

20 : Resident Evil 3 - PC - 4/14/20
Fresh save on standard difficulty. No store items at all. Don't think I'll get those again. Fresh save standard is the best way to experience the game, in my opinion. I also got the master of locking achievement during this. I'm still missing two items to get the bookworm achievement. No damn clue where they are though.

21 : Resident Evil 4 - PC - 4/21/20
Just a nice fun run. The Resident Evil bug obviously bit me. I stopped recording my RE2 completions because there's too many of them.

22 : Grand Theft Auto 5 - PC - 4/30/20
This was obviously a very difficult month for all of us. I'm delaying some games right now because I know there will be gaps in game releases. So I'll be replaying some of my favorite games here and there. I started missing GTA5 almost immediately after finishing the game. It's a shame the single player never got an expansion. I would have bought whatever they released.

23 : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - PC - 5/2/20
The game was already really fun to begin with, and putting a new shine on it makes it even more playable. The old PC version pretty much required you to use a keyboard and mouse (which is still optimal of course), but this new version allows the use of a controller. For casual, fun, playthroughs, I like to use a controller. Well worth what I spent on the game.

24 : Bioshock Infinite - PC - 5/2/20
Released just over 7 years ago. I still love this game to this day. I know everyone complains about the amount of violence in the game, but I'm just happy to take it as it is. It's a shooter built in an amazing world, with a crazy story. I will be happy when this generation is over. If only just because so many of the games that I loved last generation didn't get a game this generation. I'm hopeful that I will get to see some of my favorites again next gen. I sorely sorely missed having a new Bioshock game this generation.
Played with a Hati mouse right now. Not sure how long this one will last.

25 : Duck Tales Remastered - PC - 5/8/20
The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Ori and now this? That's four non-shooters so far this year. Practically a record for me. I actually enjoyed this. Wasn't really difficult. I always liked Duck Tales as a kid, so it was nice to see those characters again.

26 : The Last of Us - PS4 - 5/14/20
Only a month until the sequel comes out. Future me - is it as good as the first one?

27 : Uncharted The Lost Legacy - PS4 - 5/16/20
I nearly forgot how incredible the Uncharted series could be. Makes me hope that they show off a new Uncharted game soon.

28 : Halo 2 Remastered - PC - 5/23/20
Had a ton of fun with this. I've only played Halo 2 a handful of time, so it really hasn't gotten old yet. Easily worth what I spent on it. Nice to have Halo 2 on a long term system.

29 : Resident Evil 3 - PC - 5/24/20
Nightmare mode. Used the rocket launcher and coins. I probably overdid it with those bonuses. It didn't feel like a new game on nightmare mode, but it felt like RE3 with a different coat of paint on it. Nemesis was far more dangerous. Hell, every enemy was far more dangerous. The boss encounters were pretty easy with the rocket launcher. I still think clean save standard is still the best way to play the game, but unlimited assault rifle nightmare might be my suggestion for a second play through. Hardcore was more difficult, but that's just because everything is a damage sponge.

30 : Jedi Fallen Order - PC - 5/26/20
Starts off well, then slows down and then REALLY picks up. At some point I might go back to play it on a harder difficulty. Easiest difficult was a bit too easy while also playing Sekiro at the same time. Can't wait to see what Stig and Respawn have in store for us next. I just wish the game performed better. It's not an ugly game by any means, but it still should run better on the hardware I'm using.
Side note: The job that they did with DV was amazing. It's the first time in any media that I've ever seen where he looks so powerful and intimidating. That doesn't come across as well in the movies.

31 : Resident Evil 7 - PC - 5/26/20
Just a nice, calm, relaxed replay of RE7.

32 : Metro Exodus - PC - 5/30/20
Man, I really love this series. This is the second time I've finished the game and I enjoyed it nearly as much as I did my first time. There's definitely some bugs in the game still. Like checking the map while in the car will make artyom sit about 2 feet higher than normal. Oh, and hairworks does a number on AMD cards. Getting through the blind one section of the dead city was less stressful because I knew what I had to do.
I might to a replay of the rest of the game at some point this year, but maybe not.

33 : The Last of Us Left Behind - PS4 - 6/5/20
I didn't want to replay The Last of Us so close to the sequel, so I decided to play this. I had a lot of fun trying to get the clickers and hunters to kill each other.

34 : Bioshock Remastered - PC - 6/7/20
I started playing the original release of the game but the audio issues were just too much for me to continue playing it. Fortunately the remastered version runs just fine on PC. I remember having issues with it in the past, but this time it worked without issue. Debating whether or not to play Bioshock 2. Protecting the little ones can be annoying after a while. Shout out to RE2 remake. I've played that game almost as much as every other game this year, combined.

35 : The Last of Us 2 - PS4 - 6/21/20
It's going to be a while before I really know what I thought about the game. It might not be until after I play through the game again (which isn't anytime soon). There is a lot to take in. I won't say the game doesn't deserve the scores that it's getting. It does. It is an extremely well built game. Comparisons to The Last of Us won't be easy. There's different emotions felt throughout this game that don't match with the first game.
Graphically the game looks great for a console game. A more powerful console could really make this look amazing. Sound design is excellent. There's a certain type of enemy that makes headphones nearly a requirement.
I like the stealth a lot more than I did in the first part. I'm not sure how clearly I remember it, but it felt like combat was a little sluggish compared to part one. With more of an emphasis on animations than on gameplay. It just seems like the game wants to you to do only so many actions at once. Whereas the first one accepted inputs more quickly and resolved them more quickly.
I don't know how well the game will hold up in replays. I replayed The Last of Us a lot over the years. It was a lot shorter and I liked the story better. I like Uncharted 4 my first, and only, time through but I never went back because the pacing was completely fucked. I could see that happening again with The Last of Us 2. There's a lot of walking and talking in the game. There's a lot of backstory. Two things that ruined my interest in replaying Uncharted 4. So we'll see.

36 : The Last of Us 2 - PS4 - 6/27/20
For anyone that happens to run into this post, this is my suggestion with TLOU2: Play the game twice. You will pick up so much more this way. And for my past and future self - this was a great game. Maybe someday you'll get to play it in 4k.

37 : Gears of War 4 - PC - 6/30/20
Haven't played this much since Gears 5 came out. It's still a lot of fun. Played the second half with a pair of Fidelio X2HR's. They're good. Not sure if I'll keep them or not, but they're good. Not sure they're as good as the HD598's for gaming, or the HD58x's as an overall headphone.

38 : The Last of Us - PS4 - 7/5/20
I played through most of the game thinking that I was playing on normal for the first time. Much to my surprise, after the credits rolled I got the achievement for Hard and Normal difficulties. Apparently I didn't select normal difficulty in the beginning. Whoops. No wonder everything seemed like a bullet sponge. There were definitely some frustrating parts, but overall I really liked playing it on this difficulty. Maybe I'll try one of the harder one someday.
Oh, to follow up on my previous game... I did not keep those Fidelio headphones. I don't think I had them for more than two days before returning them. The headband was too tight and almost all of my other headphones are better (IMO).

39 : Far Cry New Dawn - PC - 7/11/20
Calling this one finished. The game was pretty good up until the undercover missions. The game completely falls to shit after that. At least in GTAV they knew well enough to let players skip missions that are awful. That's not something that Ubisoft figured out, and that's one of the big reasons I skip their games. The games are good "until". Until a broken mission. Until a ridiculous grind. Until whatever.

40 : Death Stranding - PC - 7/11/20
I'm glad I waited on this one. I got to play it with the controller I prefer, the performance that I prefer and without all of the insane hype/hate that the game received at launch. I don't think that the game would have won my GOTY for 2019. It still would have lost out of Resident Evil and Control.
It reminds me a bit of The Evil Within. Some section are 9, maybe even 10, out of 10 and then there's other sections where it struggles to hit a 6. The actual gameplay of the game was pretty good. The deliveries were interesting. Having to prepare everything as best as you could for each challenge. For how you thought it was going to go. I got better with preparing as I went on.
The combat isn't the greatest, but it's still pretty fun. Some of the fights at the end were exciting and on harder difficulties I'm sure they would be frustrating.
The story was, of course, completely bonkers. I wish I hadn't known one of the bigger surprises of the game. It would have made a bigger impact. Still, I'd rather have a completely bonkers story than a boring one. And this was not a boring story.
Sound was top notch. Graphics and performance are better than the PS4 version, but there's still a ton of pop in. Less so in the snowy sections and more so in the complicated rocky sections. Some of the grassy sections looked downright bad with their low resolution textures, or maybe it was just the texture filtering.

41 : Titanfall 2 - PC - 7/19/20
Mostly played with a pair of HD800's. As much as I'd like to say they are mindblowingly good, they're not quite to that level. Better than anything else I have though.

42 : Resident Evil 2 - PS4 - 7/22/20
Finished this god knows how many times on PC. Recently got it on PS4 on a whim. Doesn't look nearly as good as the PC version and performance is bad, but that's OK. Still a fun game. I wish there was an option in the game to switch aim/fire to L1/R1, but the accessibility option worked fine for this. Got a whole mess of trophies in the one run.

43 : Resident Evil 2 - PS4 - 7/26/20
Leon B assisted run. Pretty easy stuff. Nice to be farming for trophies again.

44 : Deathsmiles - PC - 8/2/20
Never expected to play this game. Really didn't expect I'd like it. Sort of reminds me of the old Treasure games on the Genesis. I'm pretty sure there's a ton more to the game and I'll go back again and again.

45 : Death Stranding - PC - 8/9/20
Second play through. This time around I made sure to keep a bike for the section beyond mountain knot city. That made that part of the game much much quicker. I built a ton of road this time around. Beat up a lot of mules in the process. Unfortunately I gave up on the controller when I got to edge knot city. It was just too buggy. I finished the game with a keyboard and mouse. It works well enough, but I prefer playing with a controller in this game. Not sure when or if I'll play this again. I'm sure something will nudge me back towards it.

46 : Alan Wake - PC - 8/14/20
No real reason why I decided to play this. Fortunately for me I forgot a good chunk of the game, especially during the last chapter. I got a lot of it confused for the sequel and DLC. The combat still feels amazing.

47 : Diablo 3 - PC - 8/15/20
Seasonal Wizard. Wizards are still just as ridiculous as they were many seasons ago.

48 : Control Ultimate Edition - PC - 8/31/20
Mostly been playing Diablo and WoW lately. As of today Horizon Zero Dawn still hasn't really been fixed, so I've been playing alternatives. Control Ultimate Edition came out on Steam and I just had to pick it up. All the DLC and for under $30. Nice deal.
This is my 5th or 6th time through the game. I didn't do any side missions really. Just a straight run to the end. I'm not sure, but it seems like the shotgun was buffed. Or maybe I just didn't use it much in the past. There were some quality of life changes to the game that looked interesting, but I didn't use. I'm a Control veteran afterall. I'm looking forward to the DLC.

49 : Call of Duty Black Ops - PC - 9/10/20
Bit of hype around black ops cold war, so I decided to go back to this one. I wish controller support was better, but otherwise it's still a fun game. Some sections are really hit or miss. In general it's still a good game, but it has started to lose some of its luster. I think by the end of next gen, I'll look at this game the same way that I look at Call of Duty 1 and 2.

50 : Diablo 3 - PC - 9/11/20
Seasonal demon hunter. Nevermind about the mage, demon hunters are even more ridiculous. Eventually you get strong enough to just spin spin spin and everything on screen dies without even directing damage.

51 : Tomb Raider 2013 - PC - 9/12/20
Shockingly, for me, I haven't finished this game in over a year. I actively avoided doing any tombs to see if the game would be any harder with lower tiered gear, and it really didn't make any difference. Everything still died, just in a slighly different way. More use of the rifle rather than the handgun.

52 : Resident Evil 7 - XB1 - 9/13/20
Been a couple months since I finished a game on console. Performance wasn't great, but it was OK enough. Nice to get some more points on the gamer score. Not a lot of new games right now, so I'm relying on game pass a little bit.

53 : Diablo 3 - PC - 9/19/20
Finished season 21. Never actually finished any other season before this one. The achievements were split between my mage and demon hunter.

54 : The Evil Within - PC - 9/21/20
Cooler weather and new mouse (Razer Viper) have got me in the mood for some scary games. I took some time here and there to soak in the atmosphere. Games never get enough credit for the atmosphere they create. Days, weeks and months of work that people don't slow down enough to appreciate. I'll try to do that more.
I'm calling this challenge completed again. I didn't finish Far Cry New Dawn, and season 21 of Diablo 3 was sort of a stretch, so game #54 is the real end to this challenge. I'll keep finishing other games of course.

55 : Panzer Dragooon - PC - 9/26/20
Fun little trip down memory lane. The music is still fantastic. Game may not have aged perfectly but it's still playable. I could probably return it for my money because the game is so short, but I'd like to play it again in the future.

56 : The Evil Within 2 - PC - 9/27/20
The opening levels, especially the open world levels, really drag on, but eventually the game gets back to what makes the series great again. I really hope we get another game in the series and that it's some combination of TEW1 and TEW2. In general I prefer TEW1, but TEW2 was more consistent and felt more complete.

57 : God of War - PS4 - 10/1/20
Overall I love this game, but I wish some sections were cut out of the game to keep the pacing more consistent. Far too much time was spent on Tyr's secrets. This is the third or fourth time I've beat the game and Tyr's sections always bother me. It feels like two steps forward and one step after Magni and Modi.
It's crazy to think that the next game could already be out in a year. I wasn't expecting the game for at least two to three years. That's gonna be pretty exciting. As good as this game was, I hope SSM takes Kratos' advice - "be better".
Temperatures are starting to cool down here. Next gen is just a month away.

58 : Sniper Elite V2 Remaster - PC - 10/8/20
I've tried the third and fourth game in this series but I just like this game better. I don't really care for the open world sniping. This is just more fun. The remaster is pretty solid. Feels like a straight upgrade to me.

59 : Resident Evil 2 - PS4 - 10/11/20
Leon A run. Haven't played any scary games so far this October and if there's only one scary game that I play, I'd be glad if it were this one.

60 : Resident Evil 3 - PS4 - 10/12/20
My favorite way to play this game - standard difficulty and with no bonus items.

61 : Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - PS4 - 10/12/20
What an amazing game. I wasn't sure what to play for my "codathon". We've had some real stinkers this generation. Ghost, Black Ops 3, WWII and the non-existent campaign for BO4. That leaves Modern Warfare which just isn't a fun game, and Advanced Warfare which has Kevin Spacey in it. So I am very glad that we got Infinite Warfare out of this generation. It's the title that keeps the the legacy of Call of Duty and Modern Warfare going. I'm looking forward to Cold War next month. It looks promising.

Shit, I completely forgot to update this recently.

62 : The Last of Us 2 - PS4 - 11/8/20
I wasn't sure whether to play this or not. I've wanted to do a third play through ever since I finished my second, but I wanted to play it on PS5. As of today I'm not sure whether or not I'm even getting a next gen system. Depending on how things go, this might be the last game that I finish on my PS4.
TLOU2 is a flawed game that I love dearly. By the end of this play through I just wanted Abby to survive and for Ellie to find peace. It's funny how my experience with this game has changed each time.
I used my HD58x primarily this time. They are a perfect match for this game. The DT770's are great, but lack on soundstage. HD800's were just too wide. HD600's too narrow (way too narrow). HD598 is great , but not as good as the 58x. I even used a pair Etymotics that were surprisingly good.
I'm going into next gen unsure of what way I'm leaning. A week from now I'll have probably know. Both systems are powerful, both have a good controller, and both have a bright future. There's no real "loser" to start this next gen. I don't think choosing either system is a bad decision and I know I'll get the other system down the line.

63 : Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - PC - 11/14/20
Naturally I start off a brand new generation by playing... on not a next generation machine. The game runs great on PC. I'm glad this is where I bought the game. Had a lot more fun with this than I did with MW. MW was just too heavy for me.
So less than a week after my last game and it looks like I'm set going into "next" gen. My PS5 is in tomorrow. I tried a series X but wasn't blown away. I'm not sure what to do with that system.

64 : Horizon: Zero Dawn - PC - 11/22/20
Naturally, 12 days after the launch of next gen I've finished two games on PC.
I waited months for this game to be properly fixed. I even stopped playing the game on PS4 because I didn't like the performance. I'm so glad that I waited. The game was absolutely fantastic once I got past the part I made it to in the PS4 version. Using an Xbox controller in this game might seem blasphemous but I strongly preferred it over the DS4. I'm not sure when or if I'll go back for the DLC and other content in the game. I rushed through the game in 15 hours (according to Steam). I'm pretty hyped for Forbidden West now.
This was the first game I played with my new 9900k. Benchmarks said there wasn't a big different between the 7700k and 9900k, but I'm not sure about that. H:ZD ran much much better with the 9900k.

65 : The Last of Us Remastered - PS5 - 11/27/20
Of course I was going to start off this generation by finishing The Last of Us for the millionth time. The game really looks and runs great on the system. Would have been nice to have the improved shadows, but I'm fine with 1800p 60 fps. No issues with using L2/R2 on the dualsense. Big improvement over the dualshock 4.

66 : The Last of Us 2 - PS5 - 11/29/20
Great game, but I really wish there were some PS5 enhancements. It looks good, but the frame rate doesn't see any improvement and honestly the resolution increase doesn't do much. It was a good looking game on PS4 and a good looking game on PS5. I'll replay the game again if/when they do enhance the game for PS5.

67 : Resident Evil 3 - PS5 - 12/1/20
Got this as part of a buy 2 get 2 sale from gamestop. I've beat the game a ton on PC, but I wanted it for my PS5 as well. Got a ton of achievements because I memorized about 99% of the game. I missed a document and a lock. No idea where for either of them.

68 : Gears of War 3 - XB1 - 12/20/20
I've finished some other games in between RE3 and this game, but just forgot to record them. Gears of War 3 still feels great all these years later. As much as I enjoy the newer games, the original trilogy still hasn't been beaten.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Alright let's see what we can do this year.

Games Completed: 51/52

1) Tiny Metal (Switch)
2) C&C 4: Tiberium Twilight (PC)
3) Concrete Genie (PS4)
4) Far Cry: New Dawn (PS4)
5) Astral Chain (Switch)
6) Steamworld Dig 2 (PS4)
7) Borderlands 3 (PS4)
8) Kentucky Route 0 Act I (PC)
9) Kentucky Route 0 Act II (PC)
10) FFVIIR (PS4)
11) Kentucky Route 0 Act III (PC)
12) Superhot (PC)
13) Life is Strange 2: Part 1 (PC)
14) Slime Rancher (PC)
15) Kentucky Route 0 Act IV (PC)
16) Kentucky Route 0 Act V (PC)
17) Red Alert 3 (PC)
18) Death Stranding (PS4)
19) Mario Odyssey (Switch)
20) Shibuya 428 (PS4)
21) Yakuza 0 (PS4)
22) Xenoblade 2 (Switch)
23) Resident Evil 2 (PS4)
24) Hidden Agenda (PS4)
25) LoH: Trails in the Sky FC
26) A Short Hike (PC)
27) A normal lost phone (PC)
28) Emily is away too (PC)
29) Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
30) Gears of War 4 (PC)
31) Kotodama: The 7 mysteries of fujisawa (Switch)
32) Crash Bandicoot (Switch)
33) Crash 2 (Switch)
34) Crash 3 (switch)
35) Erica (PS4)
36) Gears 5 (PC)
37) Ni No Kuni (Switch)
38) Xenoblade Chronicles : torna's journey (Switch)
39) Shadow of the Collosus (PS4)
40) persona 4: Dancing all Night (PS4)
41) Ni No Kuni II (PS4)
42) Fire Emblem: Three houses (switch)
43) 100ft Robot Golf (PS4)
44) Not a Hero (PS4)
45) Astro's Playroom (PS5)
46) Bugsnax (PS5)
47) Assassins Creed: Odyssey Fate of Atlands (PS5)
48) Astro's Playroom
49) Bugsnax
50) 13 Sentinels
51) Star Wars Squadrons

Last edited:
Okay, this time I'm gonna reach 52 games :)

Here we go.

2020 52 Games 1 Year List

1. Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas (PSP) | 2nd Jan - 10hrs | 1/5
2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune | 12th Feb - 15hrs | 3/5
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | 15th Feb - 21hrs | 4/5
4. Uncharted 3:Drake's Deception | 19th Feb - 18hrs | 3/5
5. Megaman X-8 | 20th Feb - 4hrs | 4/5
6. Nioh 2 | 19th Mar - 50hrs ~ and keep counting | 5/5
7. Enderal: Forgotten Stories | 31st Mar - 92hrs | 5/5
8. Fallout: New Vegas | 29th Jun - 81hrs | 5/5
9. Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion | 12th Jul - 51hrs | 4/5
10. Cuphead | 15th Aug- 17hrs | 5/5
11. FF VII | 11th Mar - 20hrs | 5/5
12. FF VII Remake | 14th Apr - 35hrs | 3/5
13. Raiden V | 27th Feb - 8hrs | 4/5
14. Super Castlevania IV | 4th Mar - 4hrs | 4/5
15. Syphon Filter 2 | 9th Sep - 8hrs | 4/5

KD0bWJL.jpg

1. Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas
I played it on my Christmas vacation, while the games itself is pretty bad, I stick with it since I love Die Hard so much. The control is unintuitive, the graphic is bad, the draw distance is really poor and it's so difficult. I managed to get to the last level without cheat, but the final stage is pretty hard, and I decided to use the unlimited ammo cheat to finish it. For my last word, avoid this game any way you can, you don't want to torture yourself playing this shit. Yippi kay yay .....

Last edited:

Deleted member 32615

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
header.jpg

Game 3: Squidlit (PC) (41 Minutes) (3/5) (January 2nd, 2020)
Short, sweet and straight to the point. Feels just like an old gameboy Kirby game and I got this for 76 cents!! The major with the game was that the movement felt way too fast and the background started hurting my eyes. The game could have easily been longer and there were some enemies that were almost impossible to see. On the positive, the game is so cute, every part of this game has love just poured into it.

Main Post

Apr 23, 2018
Guess I'll join in. Don't think I'll finish 52 but I have a sizable enough backlog and free time it's possible.

Currently Playing:
1.Control
2.Devil May Cry V
3.The Outer Worlds
4.Gears 5
5.Luigis Mansion 3
6.Call of Duty Modern Warfare
7.Divinity Original Sin

gotta start beating some of these.

rybrad

Oct 25, 2017
Broke my streak last year and failed so let's fix that this year.

1. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PC) | 31st Jan - 30hrs | 5/5
Finished up the new expansion content and just waiting for the next patch now. It is too early to call but this is probably the best content of the game.

2. Pathfinder: Kingmaker (PC) | 27th Jan - 184hrs | 3/5
This is a tough one for me. I liked the game overall but there were just too many issues that made it not as fun as I would have liked and it was way too fucking long.

3. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC) 22nd Feb - 20hrs | 5/5
I wasn't sure I was going to like this game at first but gave it a go on game pass. I ended up loving the whole thing. Once it has a deep sale on Steam I can see myself picking it up and doing an NG+ run as well.

4. Diablo 3 - Season 20 (PC) 28th Mar - 20hrs | 5/5
Another Diablo season in the bag. Decent looking rewards this time and the season tweak made for some nice build tweaks;

5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC) 27th Mar - 12hrs | 5/5
A stunning game from start to end. The improved combat really made this a huge improvement over the original Ori. The insane level of polish really shows what a talented indie team can pull off

6. Ys Origins (PC) 28th Mar - 10hrs 4/5
Finally got around to playing this one completly. It was a good game but god damn, these old Ys games are brutal after playing Oath and VIII. Still an enjoyable experience overall but I would have liked it better if you didn't have to play multiple times for the "true" ending.

7. Ys 1 (PC) 4th Apr - 6hrs 3/5
Definitely a relic of the past but cool to playthrough from a historical perspective. Also, the last boss is fucking terrible.

8. Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset (PC) 17th Apr - 10hrs 4/5
Came back to the game after a long break and leveled a new class in Summerset. It was pretty fun but still has some of the old warts involved with group content. Not to mention tanking is pretty bad in this game which makes most group stuff worse.

9. Ys 2 (PC) 4th Apr - 14hrs 3/5
This one was better than Ys 1, but not by a whole lot. Was mainly cool as a look back on were the series started.

Last edited:

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sauce Marlow | 49/52 Games Beaten

Currently Playing:

- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NS)

Games Beaten Per Month:
January - 5
February - 3
March - 4
April - 4
May - 4
June - 3
July - 5
August - 5
September - 5
October - 5
November - 2
December - 4

Games Beaten:
1. Ben 10: Ultimate Alien - Cosmic Destruction (PS3) - January 3 - 6/10

This is a solid game. Definitely my favourite Ben 10 game so far as it pretty much perfects the formula here. I particularly love how smooth the combat and switching between aliens is.

2. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (PS4) - January 12 - 7/10

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed by this. I LOVED Until Dawn. I enjoyed it so much that it was literally my 2015 Game of the Year. As a follow-up, Man of Medan is a major disappointment. I still enjoyed it because I greatly enjoy this style of game, but it misses the mark in so many ways. Firstly, the writing is extremely poor. Until Dawn never had Oscar-worthy writing, but they managed to nail the perfect schlocky horror tone. Unfortunately, Man of Medan misses big time in this aspect. The writing isn't even cheesy, it's just straight-up cringeworthy. I genuinely couldn't believe some of the lines I was hearing from characters. Not to mention how the tone of the game is all over the place. The characters are in life and death situations but will spring from being terrified to cracking dad jokes in the span of seconds. I also hated how many red herrings the plot served up. Well, at least I assume they were red herrings. I'm certainly not playing through the game a bunch more times to find out what was going on there. Plus, there is a plot hole or two thrown in for good measure! My biggest one was the fact that the military seems to confirm they're coming to rescue the group, yet just never show up?

Outside of the story, the QTEs feel a little sloppy here, particularly the ones based around controlling your breathing/heart rate. There were definitely times where I successfully pulled off the QTE, only to have the game tell me I failed. Needless to say, these were extremely frustrating and definitely directly lead to multiple character deaths in the final 20 minutes.

3. Pokémon Yellow (GB) - January 12 - 6/10

While this game undoubtedly improves on many aspects of Red and Blue, playing it so close to those two games is an absolute chore. They hype up the anime references, but those references disappear very quickly and have almost no impact on how the game plays out. While it does smooth over a lot of issues, many of the major fundamental issues from Red/Blue are still here and still annoying as ever. Despite not changing much, they also manage to sneak in a bunch of new issues.

4. Johnny Test (NDS) - January 13 - 6.5/10

Who knew a Johnny Test game could be so enjoyable? It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but this game is a genuinely good platformer. It's heavily derivative of series like Mario and Mega Man, but it executes those notes rather well. The platforming is rather tight for a licensed game and I can't say I had any major issues with the gameplay. The biggest negative is that this game is too damn short. It'll take you no more than 90 minutes to breeze through the games' three worlds. It honestly felt like I'd only played through the introductory levels. Also, the final boss battle is terrible.

5. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (NS) - January 18 - 7/10

I have beaten this game on three different consoles now. I have a problem.

6. Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (PS3) - February 1 - 7.5/10

This is a perfectly competent Super Smash Bros. clone. It's a little rough at times and certainly not up to the standards of Smash, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't fun. This is a Cartoon Network fan's dream, and the fact that it actually plays well is a bonus. I blame nostalgia and fanboy bias for this game not being better received upon release.

7. Ben 10: Galactic Racing (Wii) - February 18 - 2/10

I like to think of myself as a connoisseur of kart racing games. I adore Mario Kart and Crash Team Racing like everyone else, but even lower-tier games like Sonic & Sega and Cartoon Network Racing are my jam. Ben 10: Galactic Racing is one of the rare kart racing games that I hate. The gameplay mechanics are just all wrong here. Karts feel like they're made of paper and the rubberbanding is off the charts. Strategy and skill are thrown completely out of the window here; all you need to do to be successful is to pick one of the fastest racers in the game. Even then, it's still a complete crapshoot if you'll win, or if you'll come dead last. The only slightly cool idea this game has is to provide offensive and defensive powers you earn by drifting and doing aerial tricks. This actually gives the game a little bit of strategy and is an idea I'd like other kart racers to take.

8. Generator Rex: Agent of Providence (Wii) - February 28 - 3/10

This is like a bad version of the Ben 10 games. Has a few okay ideas here and there, but it's mostly a miss and it's embarrassingly easy.

9. Borderlands 3 (PS4) - March 8 - 8.5/10

Borderlands 3 is a very safe game. It's purely more Borderlands, which is actually okay when you haven't released an entry for quite a while and the gameplay is fundamentally fun. However, it does suffer from being overly long as almost every RPG does. I could have done with it being 5 hours shorter. The story is whatever, and there were a few funny lines here and there. What I was most surprised by was how easy the game is. I rarely died, never failed against any of the bosses, and in general felt overpowered. Maybe I got lucky with loot drops, but it felt like I was constantly finding weapons that just melted enemies. My level also always hovered around one level higher than the recommendation for main story missions. Because of this, I only ended up doing a few sidequests at the start. Overall, I enjoyed Borderlands 3, but I've certainly had my fill of it for the next few years.

10. Ben 10: Omniverse (Wii) - March 19 - 2/10

A complete regression for the Ben 10 series. It takes all of the progression and throws it out of the window. Somehow this game feels older than Cosmic Destruction, despite being released considerably later.

11. Pokemon Snap (N64) - March 23 - 7/10

Much better than I remembered it being. Yeah, the complaints about this game being extremely short and not having a whole lot of content are pretty valid, but this is just such a fun, stress-free experience. It's the perfect game for these trying times.

12. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! (3DS) - March 28 - 7/10

A really great clone of old school Zelda titles. Honestly, I enjoyed it much more than the games it was copying.

13. Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - April 7 - 2/10

Absolutely god-fucking-awful.

14. Luigi's Mansion 3 (NS) - April 10 - 7.5/10

I think I like this more than Dark Moon and it's definitely a good game. It certainly drags in sections through the middle and the Poulterkitty sections reek of padding; they just did not need to be in this game. However, there's a lot of fantastic creativity shown throughout. Boss battles are very 50/50, either being awful our great. Overall, it was a fun experience, but having played it to completion I now understand why it was mostly glossed over last year.

15. Ben 10: Omniverse 2 (Wii) - April 16 - 1/10

Easily the worst Ben 10 game.

16. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) - April 17 - 9/10

Animals were crossed.

17. Death Stranding (PS4) - May 14 - 9/10

I have a real love/hate relationship with Death Stranding. It's like everything in this game is 75% great and then 25% terrible. For example, the story moves along pretty interesting, but then the ending just fucking drags on forever. I swear there were at least 3 hours of cutscenes where all the characters did was repeat info that we already knew. The very worst is the fake ending. Being forced to sit on a beach for an eternity watching the credits, only for the game to keep going (it was obvious that it was) and then be forced to sit through a second credits sequence was so fucking annoying. Yes, I get that it was supposed to simulate Sam waiting an eternity on that beach, doesn't mean it makes for something enjoyable. Just felt like a waste of time. Not to mention, most of the plot is nonsensical. The Clifford Unger branch of the narrative is the only one that works. It's a good story on its own, but all of the extraneous bullshit about BTs, extinctions, fake daughters etc. just sucks.

The same theme of "great but also awful" is carried over into the gameplay. The delivery/exploration/traversal gameplay is really fun and really addictive. I LOVED delivering packages and really connected with the gameplay loop. So many times I got sidetracked trying to upgrade resources like roads and zipline, and it was immensely satisfying to come back to these things to see them upgraded by other players. However, Kojima and co. kind of fuck this all up? You have this great gameplay loop and then all of a sudden you're given access to vehicles. There is literally no need to ever walk again once you get vehicles. Not only can you transport vaster amounts of materials, but it makes deliveries breeze by in a second. I'm not joking when I say 95% of deliveries can be made via vehicle. I would say 100%, but when you get to the snowy mountains you kind of have to brute force your way through it. Outside of that, there are quite literally easy paths to leisurely drive your truck or bike through. Kojima completely cuts his own gameplay off at the knees. I see people saying that you should deliberately handicap yourself, but I hate this argument. If I have to install my own handicaps the game has failed. Mentally, any time I decided to go via foot after gaining vehicles my mind almost always drifted to "why on earth wouldn't I just drive there?". Even the snowy areas aren't spared from this. These areas are introduced just as you start getting accustomed to vehicles. It seems like Kojima is deliberately trying to curb their use, but also at the same time you get zipline. You end up making like one or two treks through the snow on foot, but once you unlock the Chiral Network you'll be ziplining for kilometres without ever touching the ground.

Despite being not as satisfying as making on-foot deliveries, the vehicle/zipline stuff is still leaps and bounds better than the combat. Personally, I think this game should have had no combat. BTs should have been something that needed to be completely avoided or taken down via stealth. The way Death Stranding is, there is literally no reason to not engage every BT you encounter. Firstly, most of the time it's quicker; especially towards the end of the game. Secondly, you get rewarded massively for defeating them. Everyone is supposed to fear these mysterious creatures, but here I am defeating a handful of the boss monsters at once without ever taking damage.

Overall, Death Stranding is just too easy. A big part of this is the online elements. It's a cool feature and I loved seeing the world grow, especially because it ties nicely into the game's themes. Unfortunately, it also makes things easy. I almost never needed to use ladders, climbing anchors, or build bridges, because almost always some other user before me had built in the obvious spot. The only times I needed to use these were if I want waaaaaay off the beaten path. Again, people will say turn off the online features, but that's literally the entire purpose of the game and as I said, it shouldn't be up to the player to introduce these handicaps. The online integration helps make BT fights even easier. Don't have any weapons but encounter a BT? Instead of being screwed you can just mas the touchpad and online players will gift you stuff. Heck, even if you're well equipped, players will still give you so much shit. The other enemies, MULES, are also completely irrelevant to the point where I almost forget they were in the game. You can clear out waves and waves of these guys without breaking a sweat.

In the end, I settled on giving this game a 9, but on any given day I could give this game a much lower score. If it stuck to the delivery gameplay, fine-tuned the online elements and pruned the unnecessarily bloated story this would be a 10/10 no questions asked. Instead, Kojima keeps shooting himself in the foot.

18. Steven Universe: Attack The Light (iOS) - May 18 - 8/10

This is a fantastic Paper Mario style RPG. Won't knock your socks off, but it's easily one of the best licenced video games ever made.

19. Arise: A Simple Story (PS4) - May 19 - 7.5/10

Arise is a solid game with a heartwarming story at its core, but too often the unrefined gameplay gets in the way. There are a number of moments that will stick with me for a while, but there would have been so much more if the gameplay was more polished. Platforming can be an absolute chore at times and the puzzles in the game are very 50/50. The forwarding and rewinding time mechanic is interesting, but each level is a coinflip over whether it will be an enjoyable use of it or not.

20. Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations (Wii U) - May 31 - 4/10

A pretty boring take on the old-school adventure game genre. Keeps all of the well-documented issues that have been prevalent in this genre since its inception, completely ignoring all of the modern takes that were happening at this time in gaming. Pretty hard to get enjoyment out of this when Telltale was at its absolute peak at this exact same point in time.

21. Super Lucky's Tale (PC) - June 1 - 9/10

This is an absolute delight! Really not sure why this game didn't receive more love upon release, perhaps because it was an Xbox exclusive? Platforming is tight, there's a great balance of difficulty, and there's so much creativity in the levels and worlds. The biggest drawback is that it's only 6 hours long. Platformers definitely aren't the best genre to build a long game out of, but I could definitely have done with the game including another couple of worlds. In fact, if they had just included the DLC worlds in the actual game this would be damn near close to a 10 for me. Easily the most fun I've had with a platformer since Super Mario Odyssey.

22. Adventure Time: Finn & Jake's Epic Quest (PC) - June 7 - 2/10

This is an extremely dull and bland remake of a flash game. From what I can tell, the flash game actually featured more content than this. Almost no info exists on the internet about Finn & Jake's Epic Quest, and after playing it I feel like there's a very good reason for that. Most of the other Adventure Time games have been stinkers, but this one really takes the cake.

23. Rick and Morty: Pocket Mortys (iOS) - June 22 - 3/10

A terribly dull and repetitive clone of Pokemon. The idea was nice, but the execution is absolutely awful. Almost every tweak Big Pixel Studios tries to make to the classic Pokemon formula makes the gameplay so much worse. To top it all off, it feels like the game is designed in such a way to push players towards the microtransactions.

24. Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (PS4) - July 6 - 1/10

What a mess.

25. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) - July 7 - 9/10

WHY IS THIS GAME 25 HOURS LONG?

26. Ben 10 (PS4) - July 8 - 6/10

A fun and simple Ben 10 beat 'em up that is criminally short.

27. Steven Universe: Save The Light (PS4) - July 15 - 9/10

I love this game. Save The Light is everything a licensed tie-in game should strive to be. It shows complete care for the franchise while also just being a great game at the core of it all. If it wasn't for some frustrating platforming and puzzle sections this would be pushing a 10 from me, no joke. The game was rightly savaged for its performance issues at launch, but three years on there are very few remnants. Definitely a must-play if you're a fan of Paper Mario style RPGs.

28. O.K. K.O.! Let's Play Heroes (PS4) - July 26 - 3/10

This might be the most boring and repetitive game I have ever played.

29. Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion (PS4) - August 2 - 3/10

Second time playing this, and thoroughly hated it compared to the first. Actual RPG combat isn't too bad, but everything else is horribly bland. Also doesn't help that it runs extremely poorly, cutscenes are almost entirely bugged, and the story is horrendous. The fact that the developers had the audacity to do a cliffhanger ending is laughable.

30. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) - August 8 - 9.5/10

So goddamn fun to play. Trying to nab the Platinum trophy in this.

31. Little Town Hero (PS4) - August 20 - 7.5/10

Battle system is pretty damn convoluted and takes a lot of getting used to. Thank god they added the easy mode because it's definitely needed. Was a lot of fun once I got my feet under me.

32. Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (PS4) - August 21 - 6/10

It's okay. Not nearly as good as it was hyped up to be in the lead up to launch. Barely better than Shadow of Aku.

33. Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab? (PS1) - August 24 - 6/10

A mixed bag. First off, it's only like an hour long. Secondly, this mini-game compilation is all over the shop. Some mini-games are fun, while others are dreadful and a waste of time. Getting to explore Dexter's house and lab was neat though.

34. The Ren & Stimpy Show: Space Cadet Adventures (GB) - September 6 - 2/10

Might be the worst platformer I have ever played.

35. The Ren & Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Invention (Genesis) - September 13 - 6/10

36. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4) - September 13 - 7.5/10

This is a really fun 3D platformer with collect-a-thon elements that I wish were more prevalent today. If the Kelp Forest level wasn't so god awful and jarring to the pacing I would have rated this even higher.

37. The Ren & Stimpy Show: Veediots! (SNES) - September 15 - 2/10

WHY IS THIS GAME SO HARD?

38. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (NS) - September - 7.5/10

The Mystery Dungeon formula was a lot more enjoyable than I remembered it being as a kid, but there are still some inherent flaws. The fugitive story section creates major grinding issues if you die just once, and the gameplay loop does start to become tiresome towards the end.

39. Quest For The Shaven Yak (Game Gear)

40. Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix (PS4) - October 6 - 7.5/10

This was surprisingly fun! Has great roster, so much content for a licensed kart racer, and most importantly it controls admirably enough. I particularly love the Crew gameplay mechanic, which is sort of reminiscent of games in the genre like Mario Kart: Double Dash. Definitely going to try for the Platinum here as it's easily achievable.

41. Ben 10: Power Trip (PS4) - October 7 - 4/10

Has some decent ideas and I applaud the devs for attempting an open world Ben 10 game, but this is a technical mess and is honestly pretty laughable at points.

42. Paper Mario: The Origami King (NS) - October 18 - 5/10

Great story and writing, god awful gameplay. How about just making a proper fucking RPG?

43. Marvel's Avengers (PS4) - October 23 - 6.5/10

Combat is fantastic in this game and the main campaign's story is nice, albeit unfocused. Massively suffers from having to shoehorn the god awful Destiny-style live service crap in here. Not a single one of those games are decent. In a world where they just focused on a single player experience this could have potentially been a GOTY contender.

44. Star Wars: Squadrons (PS4) - November 2 - 6/10

I love Star Wars. I hate flight sims. Space combat has always been my least favourite part of Star Wars. Something about it has always just been so damn boring to me and I can can't on one hand the amount of space fighting scenes I've really enjoyed throughout the films. However, my desperate need to consume all things Star Wars meant I was always going to pick up Squadrons. I quite enjoyed the story, even though it really is a tale of no real consequence. The gameplay, on the other hand, I well and truly despised. It might be an unpopular opinion but flight combat sims are fucking boring. There is a limit to how many unique objectives you can include. Other than "kill the enemies", "defend a specific ship", or "blow up a big enemey ship" there's nothing else you can offer. Squadrons is short, yet so ridiculously repetitive. The combat feels mostly boring and clunky to me and I could not stand the first-person view. Yeah, I get it, they want to "immerse" you, but being sat in the cockpit made me feel claustrophobic and made it ridiculously hard to tell what was going on. Your view out of both the Empire and New Republic ships is so limited that I could barely see anything. Having your traditional HUD elements be part of the ship is also annoying. To make matters worse, your objectives are never made clear enough during missions. A lot of my negative response to this game does come to down to my own personal bias, but then again, maybe there's a reason that literally nobody talking about or playing this game.

45. Super Mario 64 (NS) - November 16 - 6/10

This game has aged like milk. I'm sure it was revolutionary at the time of its release, but the terrible camera and clunky controls are far too intrusive for this to be consistently fun. Mario himself controls pretty poorly and most of the time it felt like the game's difficulty came from me fighting against the camera and Mario himself.

46. Super Mario Sunshine (NS) - December 3 - 5/10

This sucks! Who thought literally any aspect of this game was a good idea as a follow up to Mario 64? The only improvements made here are with the camera and movement controls, but even then the movement introduces its own new set of issues. One of my biggest issues is the lack of freedom. Going from 64, where you can pick and choose whichever stars you want to complete the game, to Sunshine's rigid structure is so jarring. The need to stick to an entirely tropical/island theme means almost every single level runs together -- not a single level here is iconic. To top it off, the over reliance on the FLUDD gimmick ruins the gameplay. It felt like almost every Shine was focused on literally anything other than platforming. In hindsight, this game makes me appreciate 64 way more. 64 is still massively flawed and I personally don't think it's very good, but it nails so many more aspects than Sunshine. Oh, and before I forget, the voice acting is some of the worst I've ever seen in a game by a big company. Haven't played Galaxy 2 or 3D World, but considering I've played their predecessors and loved them, I think it's pretty safe to say Super Mario Sunshine is my personal worst 3D Mario game of all time.

47. Rugrats: Search For Reptar (PS1) - December 5 - 5/10

As far as presentation goes, Search For Reptar is damn near a 10/10. Visually, it looks pretty good and Tommy's house is brought to life with great detail. You've also got a whole lot of original voice acting, it's well written, and the soundtrack is pure Rugrats. Unfortunately, the gameplay falls flat 90% of the time. It's not the gameplay is necessarily bad, but it's also basic, bland, and way too easy. Overall, it's not the worst couple of hours, but it certainly isn't something anybody other than die-hard Rugrats fans should play.

48. Super Mario Galaxy (NS) - December 12 - 10/10

This is more like it. This is the kind of gameplay that defines 3D Mario to me. Level design is incredible, controls are perfect, and the gimmick legitimately compliments the game rather than dominating it. It's the only 3D Mario game in this package that truly holds up in 2020.

49. The Rugrats Movie (GBC) - December 13 - 4/10

Not the worst licensed 2D platformer I've ever played, but it's very average. Tedious to slog through and doesn't feel like a decent recreation of the film's events.

Last edited:

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to give this a shot for the first time. I've probably played more games in the last few years than the previous 10 combined, so let's see where this goes.

Currently Playing
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Dragon Quest XI
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

1. Blossom Tales 6.5/10
2. Heave Ho 8/10
3. Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair 8/10
4. Diablo 3 9/10
5. Untitled Goose Game 7.5/10
6. Picross S 7/10
7. Picross S3 7/10
8. The Touryst 6.5/10
9. Animal Crossing New Horizons 8.5/10
10. West of Loathing 4/10
11. Final Fantasy VII Remake 9/10
12. Trials of Mana 7.5/10
13. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition 8.5/10
14. Picross S4 7/10
15. Ghost of Tsushima 8/10
16. Picross S2 7/10
17. A Short Hike 8/10
18. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 7.5/10
19. Super Mario 64 8/10
20. Super Mario Sunshine 6/10
21. Super Mario Galaxy 9/10
22. Super Mario Galaxy 2 10/10
23. Mark of the Ninja Remastered 7/10
24. Picross S5 7/10
25. Ori and the Will of the Wisps 9/10
26. Wide Ocean, Big Jacket 8/10
1. Blossom Takes - A light-hearted Indie take on the 8 bit Legend of Zelda. It's good enough to want to complete the quest, but probably nothing particularly memorable. 3/5.

2. Heave Ho - I love this game. It's a physics-based coop game that will have you screaming in joy (and frustration) with your friends. I finished the standard levels with my wife and son, and will probably work through the challenge levels until we hit a wall. The game has so much personality for such a simple game. If you like games like Pvercooked, this is well worth your time. 4/5

3.Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - Excellent game design with mediocre characters.this game surprised me with how beautiful this game is. Wonderful levels throughout, and I really enjoyed the twist on each level as a result of your actions in the over world. I also loved the Impossible Lair being open for the whole game so you can learn to chip away while preparing for your real runs. I just wish ANY of the characters were the least bit memorable. Still, highly recommended.4/5

4. Diablo 3 - I played this coop through the Story Mode with friends online. I'm again amazed by how nice this holds up on Switch even with 40+ enemies on screen. This is my first Diablo game, and I still can't quite articulate what makes this so good. The game loop just works really well. We'll see how much we go back to this, but very impressed. 4/5

5. Untitled Goose Game - I started this yesterday and saw the credits today. So it's real short, which I knew. That said, it's damn funny and even a bit mean... but you are a goose. The ending run was especially good. 3.5/5

Last edited:

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to beat another 52 games, good luck everyone!

Game 1. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins | 1 hour | January 9th

Game 2. Gargoyles Quest | 1.5 hours | January 18th

Game 3. Fortnite | Ongoing

Game 4. Final Fantasy X|V | Ongoing

Game 5. Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War | 56:15 | January 24th

Game 6. Dragalia Lost | Ongoing

Game 7. Megaman Zero | February 25th

Game 8. Megaman Zero 2 |February 27th

Game 9. Megaman Zero 3 | March 1st

Game 10. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! | March 9th

Game 11. Megaman Zero 4 | March 11th

Game 12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time | March 19th

Game 13. Phantasy Star Online 2 | Ongoing

Game 14. Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 | March 31st

Game 15. Megaman ZX | April 3rd

Game 16. Animal Crossing: New Horizons | April 7th

Game 17. Resident Evil 3 (Remake) | April 9th

Game 18. FINAL FANTASY VII Remake | April 30th

Game 19. Trials of Mana (Remake) | May 12th

Game 20. Legends of Runeterra | Ongoing

Game 21. Megaman ZX Advent | May 20th

Game 22. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege | Ongoing

Game 23. League of Legends | Ongoing

Game 24. Sonic Mania | June 24th

Game 25. Paper Mario | June 25th | 23 hours

Game 26. World of Illusion Starring MIckey Mouse & Donald Duck | June 26th

Game 27. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back | June 26th

Game 28. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time | July 11th

Game 29. Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 | July 15th

Game 30. Shovel Knight: King of Cards | August 1st

Game 31. Fall Guys | Ongoing

Game 32. Gears of War 4 | August 9th

Game 33. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 | August 15th

Game 34. Sonic Forces Mobile | Ongoing

Game 35. Marvel's Avengers | September 5th

Game 36. Megaman: The Power Battle | September 6th

Game 37. Megaman 2: The Power Fighters | September 6th

Game 38. Paper Mario: The Origami King | September 12th

Game 39. Donkey Kong Land III | September 13th

Game 40. Battletoads (2020) | September 17th

Game 41. Among Us | Ongoing

Game 42. Phantasmophobia

Game 43. Rockman X Dive

Game 44. Valorant | Ongoing

Game 45. Beat Saber | Ongoing

Game 46. Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure | October 23rd

Game 47. Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced | October 30th

Game 48. Untitled Goose Game | November 1st

Game 49. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time | November 8th

Game 50. Panzer Paladin | November 8th

Game 51. Journey to Silius | November 9th

Game 52. Blazing Chrome | November 10th

Game 53. Gato Roboto | November 11th

Game 54. Blaster Master Zero | November 18th

Game 55. Marvel's Spider-Man | December 7th

Game 56. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity | December 23rd

Last edited:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I really should commit this year to getting this done!

January (Currently Playing)
The Witcher 3 DLC
Fire Emblem: 3 Houses (Claude Route)
Untitled Goose Game

1. Slay The Spire (Switch) | 12hrs | 4/5
2. The Witcher 3 Base Game (PC) | 76hrs | 4.5/5
3. Warframe (PC) | 77hrs | 3/5
4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch) | 44hrs | 4/5
5. Life is Strange 2 Episode 2 (PC) | 3hrs | 3.5/5
6. Life is Strange 2 Episode 3 (PC) | 5hrs | 4/5
7. Life is Strange 2 Episode 4 (PC) | 4hrs | 2.5/5
8. Life is Strange 2 Episode 5 (PC) | 5hrs | 4/5

Last edited:

PUNQ

Apr 18, 2018
Norway
Reserved for a casual middle-aged gamer who's going to have the gaming year of his lifetime!

1. Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch) | 1st Jan - 3hrs | ★★★★
2. Donut County (Switch) | 2nd Jan - 2hrs | ★★★½
3. AER Memories of Old (Switch) | 3rd Jan - 5hrs | ★★½
4. Ape Out (Switch) | 4th Jan - 10hrs | ★★★★½
5. OVIVO (Switch) | 5th Jan - 4hrs | ★★★
6. GRIS (Switch) | 6th Jan - 3hrs 40min | ★★★½
7. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (Switch) | 7th Jan - 6hrs 30min | ★★★½
8. Nicky - The Home Alone Golf Ball (Switch) | 7th Jan - 1hr | ★½
9. Refunct (Switch) | 8th Jan - 1hr | ★★
10. Old Man's Journey (Switch) | 8th Jan - 2hrs | ★★½
11. KAMIKO (Switch) | 8th Jan - 1hr 30min | ★★★
12. The Legend of Zelda (Switch) | 9th Jan - 16hrs | ★★★★
13. One Eyed Kutkh (Switch) | 10th Jan - 45min | ★
14. Isoland (Switch) | 11th Jan - 3hrs | ★★★
15. Isoland 2 - Ashes of Time (Switch) | 12th Jan - 4hrs 20min | ★★★
16. Aborigenus (Switch) | 13th Jan - 50min | ★★
17. Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (Switch) | 14th Jan - 14hrs | ★★★
18. Super Mario Bros. (Switch) | 14th Jan - 3hrs | ★★★★
19. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Switch) | 15th Jan - 15hrs | ★★★★★
20. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Switch) | 16th Jan - 5hrs | ★★★½
21. Football Game (Switch) | 16th Jan - 2hrs | ★★★
22. Access Denied (Switch) | 17th Jan - 3hrs | ★½
23. Super Mario Bros. 2 (Switch) | 17th Jan - 4hrs | ★★★½
24. FAR: Lone Sails (Switch) | 18th Jan - 4hrs | ★★★★
25. Ice Climber (Switch) | 18th Jan - 2hrs | ★★★
26. Lydia (Switch) | 19th Jan - 1hr | ★★½
27. Squidlit (Switch) | 20th Jan - 40min | ★★
28. Miniature - The Story Puzzle (Switch) | 21st Jan - 40min | ★½
29. One Person Story (Switch) | 22nd Jan - 1hr 30min | ★★½
30. Bulb Boy (Switch) | 23 Jan - 4hrs | ★★★
31. Balthazar's Dream (Switch) | 24 Jan - 3hrs | ★★½
32. SEGA AGES Shinobi (Switch) | 25 Jan - 3hrs | ★★★½
33. Type:Rider (Switch) | 26 Jan - 3hrs | ★★★
34. Elli (Switch) | 27 Jan - 8hrs | ★★★½
35. Thimbleweed Park (Switch) | 27 Jan - 23hrs | ★★★★
36. Double Dragon (Switch) | 28 Jan - 2hrs | ★★½
37. Double Dragon II: The Revenge (Switch) | 28 Jan - 1hr | ★★
38. Typoman (Switch) | 28 Jan - 6hrs | ★★★★
39. Toki Tori (Switch) | 29 Jan - 8hrs | ★★½
40. Secret Files Sam Peters (Switch) | 30 Jan - 4hrs | ★★
41. Momonga Pinball Adventures (Switch) | 31 Jan - 3hrs | ★★½
42. Assault Android Cactus+ (Switch) | 1 Feb - 5hrs | ★★★★
43. The Little Acre (Switch) | 2 Feb - 2hrs | ★★★
44. Find The Balance (Switch) | 2 Feb - 4hrs | ★★
45. Limbo (Switch) | 3 Feb - 5hrs | ★★★½
46. Farm Mystery (Switch) | 4 Feb - 1hr 40min | ★½
47. Milkmaid of the Milky Way (Switch) | 5 Feb - 2hrs 30min | ★★½
48. Disease -Hidden Object- (Switch) | 6 Feb - 3hrs | ★★
49. I and Me (Switch) | 7 Feb - 5hrs | ★★½
50. Koi DX (Switch) | 8 Feb - 2hrs | ★★
51. Toki Tori 2+: Nintendo Switch Edition (Switch) | 9 Feb - 22hrs | ★★★½
52. What Remains of Edith Finch (Switch) | 10 Feb - 3hrs | ★★★★
53. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Switch) | 11 Feb - 7hrs | ★★★½
54. Super Mario World (Switch) | 12 Feb - 6hrs | ★★★★½
55. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Switch) | 18 Feb - 11hrs | ★★★★
56. The Drama Queen Murder (Switch) | 21 Feb - 3hrs 30min | ★★
57. Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (Switch) | 25 Feb - 3hrs | ★★★
58. Zarvot (Switch) | 2 Mar - 5hrs | ★★★½
59. Rocket Fist (Switch) | 4 Mar - 2hrs | ★★★
60. Croc's World (Switch) | 27 Mar - 2hrs | ★½
61. Croc's World 2 (Switch) | 28 Mar - 2hrs | ★½
62. Croc's World 3 (Switch) | 30 Mar - 4hrs | ★½
63. Croc's World Run (Switch) | 7 Apr - 5hrs | ★½
64. Wurroom (Switch) | 14 Apr - 15min | ★
65. LEGO The Incredibles (Switch) | 10 May - 27hrs | ★★★½
66. LEGO CITY Undercover (Switch) | 18 May - 74hrs | ★★★★½
67. The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame (Switch) | 23 May - 25hrs | ★★½
68. LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game (Switch) | 6 Jun - 27hrs | ★★★
69. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Switch) | 11 Jun - 38hrs | ★★★½
70. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Switch) | 18 Jun - 34hrs | ★★★½
71. LEGO Jurassic World (Switch) | 29 Jun - 37hrs | ★★★
72. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Switch) | 25 Jul - 85hrs | ★★★
73. LEGO DC Super-Villains: Deluxe Edition (Switch) | 19 Aug - 52hrs | ★★★½
74. Stick It to The Man (Switch) | 23 Aug - 5hrs 30min | ★★★½
75. Flipping Death (Switch) | 6 Sep - 9hrs | ★★★
76. Lost Horizon (Switch) | 16 Sep - 12hrs | ★★★
77. Venture Kid (Switch) | 17 Sep - 6hrs | ★★½
78. Ultimate Chicken Horse (Switch) | 29 Sep - 35hrs | ★★★½
79. Super Mario 64 (Switch) | 5 Oct - 25hrs | ★★★★
80. Macbat 64: Journey of a Nice Chap (Switch) | 6 Oct - 1hr | ★★
81. The Stretchers (Switch) | 8 Oct - 7hrs | ★★★
82. Guess the Word (Switch) | 13 Oct - 30min | ½
83. Theatre Tales (Switch) | 13 Oct - 5min | ½
84. Lost Horizon 2 (Switch) | 14 Oct - 6hrs | ★★½
85. Secret Files 3 (Switch) | 5 Nov - 8hrs | ★★½
86. Super Mario Sunshine (Switch) | 29 Dec - 45hrs | ★★★★½
87. The House of Da Vinci (Switch) | 31 Dec - 4hrs | ★★★

Started the year with a bang! Have a massive backlog, so I'll be taking advantage of that this year. Gonna be many short experiences but there will be larger adventures too. Just want to make the backlog smaller first, if that's even possible on the Nintendo Switch (yes, all games will be on the Switch, as it's the only system I play).

January 1, 2020

49404201252_d035159886.jpg

1. Sayonara Wild Hearts
★★★★

3hrs

I've heard a lot of good things about Sayonara Wild Hearts. With it's short playtime and mellow mood, it was a good pick to start 2020. It's basically a Endless Runner with a soul. A lot of soul. And it's not endless. Or just a runner, as it keeps changing things up. In many ways it's a playable a soundtrack album. And it's simply beautiful. So much so, that once I had finished the individual tracks, I did the entire album version as well. Sayonara Wild Hearts is that good!

January 2, 2020

49404201462_8a9478f9bd.jpg

2. Donut County
★★★½

2hrs

Donut County is the type of game everyone can pick-up and play. From my 4 -year-old son to anyone wanting some stupid escapism. All you do is stuff everything into a growing hole! Can hardly be called challenging, but the concept is so incredibly fun! And it's so addictive that the adventure is over in no-time. For that's the big issue. Lack on content. It's over before you feel satisfied and you simply want to putt more stuff in that hole. And not in a perverted way either.

January 3, 2020

49403526843_1398f53d7b.jpg

3. AER Memories of Old
★★½

5hrs

Nice little adventure through islands in the sky. Honestly there wasn't that much to do as far as puzzles go. You search for spots that are lit-up and that's practically it. A very non-stressful experience. Also a slightly missed opportunity as there was a ton of room to add side-quests to make the exploration more exiting. However the flying was mellow and landscapes worth the hours spent on this game.

January 4, 2020

49403526853_59d84afd68.jpg

4. Ape Out
★★★★½

10hrs

What a adrenaline kick! I went in like a mad ape until I completed the entire game! Including HARD MODE! That's not something I often do. Loved the atmosphere, art style and frantic blood spill! I died a thousand times, and loved every kill!

January 5, 2020

49404201297_2d558b3407.jpg

5. OVIVO
★★★

4hrs

A spot bouncing though black and white landscapes. Simple enough idea. And a enjoyable one at that. I did feel my enthusiasm was dwelling after a few levels, but they did change things up enough for the experience not to become stale. And they also didn't go overboard with the difficulty which they easily could have done with these artistic levels they had designed. So it was a well adjusted experience.

January 6, 2020

49403526753_3f96bf570d.jpg

6. GRIS
★★★½

3hrs 40min

The highly acclaimed Gris. Such a beautiful game. Or an experience, rather. Not a passive experience, but there's no denying that it's the visual flow of the story that's the main event in Gris. You do have to do some solid platforming, but it's rarely too challenging. Had a real nice time with this visual treat, but I'm not going to claim I fell madly in love with the game.

January 7, 2020

49404201452_fea9bd97ff.jpg

7. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
★★★½

6hrs 30min

I've done a few point & click games on the Switch and the general formula has been the same. Finds numerous items within a picture, basic puzzles moving objects around and use the items you've just found to progress in the story. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood is the best I've played in that style so far. The story was engaging, putting enough effort into the presentation to make it feel more than just a throw-away point & click game. Never so difficult that it'll stop you progressing, yet there were enough puzzles to keep one occupied without ever feeling bored through the story (and that little bonus story after the main adventure). Fairly thrilling it was too. So much that the rest of the family became interested in the adventure as I was playing.

49404223602_2467595fd7.jpg

8. Nicky - The Home Alone Golf Ball
★½

1hr

This one popped-up for practically nothing on the eShop, so I picked it put for a laugh. Actually the idea wasn't that bad. A golf platforming game. Execution however was rough. Hardly great physics, and sometimes my ball-character would disappear while I could still hit him (eventually turning up after a few strikes). On top of that the camera didn't always follow so you had to move that one manually a lot of the time. I guess it was a decent time-waster if expecting nothing, but even with its short run-time Nicky - The Home Alone Golf Ball had outstayed its welcome.

January 8, 2020

49404326617_2f1dc9c5fa.jpg

9. Refunct
★★

1hr

Very basic first-person parkour type game, jumping onto platforms to change their color. The flow was nice and I had a good time with it, but the lack of content makes it almost pointless. Had there been 3-to-5 more levels like that, sure, it would have been worth the effort, but seeing as it was only this little world, the challenge falls flat.

49404127146_8094f85bf3.jpg

10. Old Man's Journey
★★½

2hrs

This was more a interactive animation movie, than anything else. We follow a old man as he goes on a trip, resulting in him having flashbacks of his younger days, and it's all sweet and warm. There is not much to the game play. Just shape the surroundings so that the old man can continue on his journey. Something to do while the story unfolds itself. It was fine.

49404326667_7cf9ffcc93.jpg

11. KAMIKO
★★★

1hr 30min

Zelda-lite. A mini one. Short and sweet. I only did one of the characters, though there are three to choose from with different weapons. Didn't feel the need to repeat the experience twice over, but I did really enjoy my time with KAMIKO, and it reminded me it was about time I finished the first Zelda...

January 9, 2020

49403652813_f7b240e882.jpg

12. The Legend of Zelda
★★★★

16hrs

I probable played 2/3rds of this last year, and it took a little time to orientate myself on how far I had reached. Not exactly a linear play-through as the Level-2 dungeon was the last I did before entering Ganon's maze. The Legend of Zelda was my favorite game growing up, and while I got far in it as a kid, I don't think I ever finished it. Now 30 years later, I finally did it!

January 10, 2020

49404326627_880327ac0a.jpg

13. One Eyed Kutkh

45min

The animation was the only positive. The play and puzzle aspect left me wondering what was the point of this tiny adventure.

January 11, 2020

49403652973_3ac617810e.jpg

14. Isoland
★★★

3hrs

Clever puzzle point & click'er. I had to cheat a little to get to the final scenes, but otherwise there was enough clues laying around everywhere to make progress if observant enough.

January 12, 2020

49404326727_c7753ccf2e.jpg

15. Isoland 2 - Ashes of Time
★★★

4hrs 20min

Isoland 2 follows the same pattern as the first one and I found it a little bit easier, or it could just be me getting used to the quirkiness of this world, which I genuinely enjoyed. Relies a little too much on remembering codes found all over the place, but this was a creative puzzle game to pass the time with.

January 13, 2020

49404127266_2ba122471d.jpg

16. Aborigenus
★★

50min

A platforming diversion. If it's a good diversion or not is harder to answer. It runs fine and the 8-bit aesthetics are mildly appetizing, but it's one of those short and simple experiences that becomes a little too short and simple.

January 14, 2020

49403652683_944a1d3c23.jpg

17. Zelda II - The Adventure of Link
★★★

14hrs

Some of those palaces were punishing! No way I could have gotten through those without the quality of life features of the Nintendo Switch Online service and detailed guides. The old school monsters attack in very random ways to go at it in a calculated manner and they were a little too creative with paths to the bosses. Especially the final one! At least I finally got the full experience of Zelda II, even if it was a frustrating experiences. While I haven't played all Zelda games, I can understand Zelda II being among the less impressive ones, but I appreciate what they were trying to do and I have fond memories of it from when I was young.

49404326587_55e574c497.jpg

18. Super Mario Bros.
★★★★

3hrs

While on a old school kick, it's time to polish off those old platforming skills with the original Super Mario Bros. Used to play this to death in my younger days, and while I had timing problems on a few stages, the rust was quickly brushed off. Still as fun as it always was! Love this game!

January 15, 2020

49404217431_b4b945e7f9.jpg

19. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
★★★★★

15hrs

Done the first two Zeldas. So why not continue going through the games of my childhood and do A Link to the Past, the 3rd Zelda. Must be at least 25 years since I touched this one and this is my favorite of the early ones. The difficult level doesn't go super crazy, which makes this flow so well and stay fun from start to finish. Reliving A Link to the Past again was so great that I couldn't putit down except for necessary sleep. A ton of secrets and mysteries to unfold, and it's such a great world to move around. They really did wonders making this one. A masterpiece!

January 16, 2020

49403742833_39156fecb3.jpg

20. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
★★★½

5hrs

While I'm finally taking advantage of Nintendo's Online service, I'll do one I haven't played before. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, the original Super Mario Bros. 2. They said it was too difficult to release in the western world.... and they were right. This made me feel like a real Super Mario amateur. I'm sure those that specialize in Mario Maker and stuff like that will breeze through this, but I can only imagine how people back in the day would have felt getting through one tough obstacle only to get killed in the next booby trap the developers had lined-up. It was almost trolling. This was the first time I used the rewind function on the app. I'm sorry. There was no way I was getting through this without it. At this point I'm only out to get through the experience of these old games, not conquer them.

49403742863_18b12335d8.jpg

21. Football Game
★★★

2hrs

Now for a different pace. A quiet point & click game with a retro feel, seemingly very naive, but with a darker twist. Or so it leaves you thinking. Not a sports game at all. More a personal drama. Wish the story was longer, revealing completely what happened. But it was a cool experience.

January 17, 2020

49404418102_6abf0a77cc.jpg

22. Access Denied
★½

3hrs

A frustrating puzzle game. The concept was one I thought I'd like, cracking codes of various machines, but the challenge was more what the puzzle were than solving the actual puzzles. And many of the results felt very random. Not the chilled nut I hoped it was going to be.

49404418002_50a2364f61.jpg

23. Super Mario Bros. 2
★★★½

4hrs

Then to the Super Mario Bros. 2 version I grew up with. For some reason I remember it as a mellow experience, but this ended up being a lot more irritating than I had hoped. So much I had to do this one in two sittings. I originally tried right after playing The Lost Levels and lost all my platforming confidence from that nightmare. Recovered enough to complete this the next day, but I'm not sure I'm enjoying these 2D platformers as I did in the old days. Time will tell once I move on to the more modern 2D'ers. That doesn't mean I didn't have fun with SMB2, especially with it's alternative physics and worlds compared to the others in the series.

January 18, 2020

49472599286_4b582d553c.jpg

24. FAR: Lone Sails
★★★★
4hrs

This was such a unique journey. You mainly operate this weird steampunk ship, and while the game play is simple, it's such a satisfying mechanic. The main allure is it's look and landscapes, creating a space of wonder as you push your way through to a destination unknown. A well-balanced experience, one that leaves an impression.

49472820752_c1e5f9d768.jpg

25. Ice Climber
★★★
2hrs

Ice Climber was one of the first NES games I had, and was always a favorite to put in. Therefore I was fairly good at it, but I've never cleared all 32 mountains and that was the goal this time now that I have it on the Switch. Early on the mountains offer different kinds of challenges, but I was disappointed in the lack of variety in the latter half. It's more those damn birds that come faster and faster at you that becomes the main challenge. Still a title I enjoy playing.

January 19, 2020

49472599201_ca6b03f8d3.jpg

26. Lydia
★★½
1hr

Lydia isn't so much a game as a interactive story. One where a person has picked a selection of random scenes from her childhood which symbolizes the unhappiness of her youth. While you're supposed to feel sorry for the child, because it's very clear this couple where not ready to have children, and a typical example that BOTH parents should have a say when a accident does happens, this does feel like a revenge from the storyteller. Or perhaps simply closure. There are valuable points to the story seen from a child perspective and does make a mark.

January 20, 2020

49472599066_2c5e69b310.jpg

27. Squidlit
★★
40min

Squidlit is little more than a Gameboy tribute with a decent doze of spoof humor. Good fun, but over in no-time. Don't understand why they didn't make just a few more levels once they had the format down to make the length a little more satisfying, because this was a blink and then it's over type experience.

January 21, 2020

49472111293_e392475ff0.jpg

28. Miniature - The Story Puzzle
★½
40min

Another super short experience. One where you have to put series of 5 pictures in the right order to tell a story. Decent enough stressed-down time-waster that doesn't offer enough challenge or content.

January 22, 2020

49472111283_d3296b2027.jpg

29. One Person Story
★★½
1hr 30min

One Person Story is a simple button-timing upward platformer. What I liked was that it always changes up it's mechanics, keeping things fresh on a very basic formula. A short one, but considering the game style, the length was just about right.

January 23, 2020

49472820862_73a2a0e0a6.jpg

30. Bulb Boy
★★★
4hrs

Bulb Boy has a lovely greenish style and fun puzzles in a cartoony horror world. Not the greatest of game plays, but it's a very creative idea and one I appreciated.

January 24, 2020

49472111503_a6810ac379.jpg

31. Balthazar's Dream
★★½
3hrs

Here is a very random choice. Balthazar's Dream, a story of a dog going into a dream to save his owner from dying. Turned up on the eShop with a hefty discount, and I ended up checking it out. This is basically a pixel dog platformer. And it was good enough for me to keep playing, even if the platforming was a little frustrating. Cute idea with a story keeping things interesting.

January 25, 2020

49472599106_a64d60e9a2.jpg

32. SEGA AGES Shinobi
★★★½
3hrs

Shinobi was probable the arcade game I put the most coins into as a kid, and now that SEGA AGES has come out with it's version, I HAD to do it all over again. A lovely game. It's difficult level is accessible and game play fluid for it's age. Won't be the last time I play this one.

January 26, 2020

49472820452_26c1282f0b.jpg

33. Type:Rider
★★★
3hrs

Type:Rider is one of those dot platformers that there are quite a few of out there. What makes this a little bit different is that it's TWO dots attached to each other and it's quite cleverly intertwined with a world based on the history of fonts. Cool variant in this style.

January 27, 2020

49472599276_a472b5408a.jpg

34. Elli
★★★½
8hrs

Elli is a beautiful puzzle platformer which got kinda lost in the flood of releases on the Switch. While the few that reviewed it claimed it was a little bland, something about it captured my imagination and I've been eager to play it. I wasn't disappointed. To me it came across as fairly ambitious. Not perfect, but the puzzles works and come at a fluid pace and to me the worlds were always interesting. Definitely didn't deserve to be written off as quickly as it was.

49472599031_d0b8b37fe8.jpg

35. Thimbleweed Park
★★★★
23hrs

Thimbleweed Park... the game I spent the most time on so far this year. Loved it as it caters to my point & click heart, but damn did I get stuck a lot! Could't get my head around the logic in this crazy town. But in this bizarre setting I wouldn't have it any other way!

January 28, 2020

49472820822_939f31f43e.jpg

36. Double Dragon
★★½
2hrs

Finally I mashed my way through the original Double Dragon! Was a little surprised that the second half of the game was more platforming than kicking and punching, but at least it didn't make the game as repetitive as first feared.

49472111463_a4d285816e.jpg

37. Double Dragon II: The Revenge
★★
1hr

Double Dragon II was actually disappointing compared to the first one. Sure, it had a graphic upgrade, but the combat was made frustrating with the reverses punch/kick mechanism. Glad it was over as quick as it was.

49472598946_67b05a45d6.jpg

38. Typoman
★★★★
6hrs

The atmosphere of Typoman was excellent! When incorporated to full effect is this this spelling puzzle pltformer, it more than made up for it's somewhat clunky controls. Dramatic and heart-pumping. Brilliant concept! Really enjoyed my time with this.

January 29, 2020

49472111173_b723fb2724.jpg

39. Toki Tori
★★½
8hrs

Don't get fooled by Toki Tori's cute presentation. This is a grueling puzzle game! Half of it is fun, but the harder levels are so mathematically precise that it takes the fun out of the puzzling.

January 30, 2020

49472820597_7119a7252e.jpg

40. Secret Files Sam Peters
★★
4hrs

I did both Secret Files 1 & 2 last year, so I'll continue the franchise with Secret Files Sam Peters, which is more like a smaller spin-off experience of the main series. Same type of point & click puzzle solving and not too difficult. Not the most engaging or well-written stories, but a fine bite-size adventure.

January 31, 2020

49472669701_632d21f6d2.jpg

41 - Momonga Pinball Adventures
★★½
3hrs

Love me some pinball adventure, but this was no Yuku's Island Express. There is enjoyment to have with the various kinds of small levels, even if it's very uneven in all aspects. Just a cuty pinball diversion.

February 1, 2020

49476533601_b6595a0113.jpg

42. Assault Android Cactus+
★★★★
5hrs

Me and my 9 year old stepdaughter was trying to find a game to do co-op with, as we haven't done much gaming together in a while, and we ended up trying Assault Android Cactus+ and it ended up being one of the best father/daughter bonding time we've ever had! A intense 5-hour session blasting our way through a bazillion robots and dodging bullets like mad. Never thought a bullet-hell massacre would be such positive fun-time!

February 2, 2020

49516757573_a67c5a8a8b.jpg

43. The Little Acre
★★★
2hrs

Turned out to be a pretty good Sunday morning cartoon, but an average game.

49517498372_13aeb57e44.jpg

44. Find The Balance
★★
4hrs

Stack random objects on top of each without things falling over. I found it a solid time waster. Hardly a deep experience, but a game I'd pick-up for short sessions whenever I just wanted to relax.

February 3, 2020

49517281821_7141215f46.jpg

45. Limbo
★★★½
5hrs

Had a hell of a time with Limbo! Dark and chilling stealth platformer. Can't wait to try-out Inside from the same studio!

February 4, 2020

49517281966_aa34450253.jpg

46. Farm Mystery
★½
1hr 40min

Farm Mystery was a very basic point & click game which just goes overboard with "find the items on the screen" puzzles as a way to stretch-out a game that lack ambition. Became annoyingly repetitive.

February 5, 2020

49517281791_fc873c245d.jpg

47. Milkmaid of the Milky Way
★★½
2hrs 30min

A game from my native Norway which caught my attention with it's Sierra-like graphics. At first it pretends to be a sort of a farm simulator milking cows, making cheese and that type of thing, but it takes a very different direction than its initial "budeia" approach. Absurd, but fun little point & click adventure.

February 6, 2020

49516757793_440ba08994.jpg

48. Disease -Hidden Object-
★★
3hrs

Mainly a "find all the items on the screen" game, but with a darker twist and some odd puzzles thrown in. Tries too hard to be edgy and defused, but manages to camouflage it's basic game mechanism a little bit with its artistic choices.

February 7, 2020

49516757663_14b0fcf54e.jpg

49. I and Me
★★½
5hrs

Double-cat puzzles. I'm down for that. Another one of those games that's good for those short sessions when nothing better to do.

February 8, 2020

49517498277_ee2c78922a.jpg

50. Koi DX
★★
2hrs

Fish in a pond. Super relaxing. Almost too lacking as far as game play goes, but it served its purpose well enough for me not to write it off as completely pointless.

February 9, 2020

49517498197_8901c583cd.jpg

51. Toki Tori 2+: Nintendo Switch Edition
★★★½
22hrs

Enjoyed Toki Tori 2 much more fun than Toki Tori 1. This was more a metroidvania transformation of the original idea, which threw me off a little bit before I started getting the hang of it. Had it's frustrating moments, like the first one, but Toki Tori 2 was a lot more flexible and forgiving with many more ideas thrown in. I probable spent more time than I wanted on it, but I can't deny that I was having a good time with TT2.

February 10, 2020

49516757498_7b38cbdf66.jpg

52. What Remains of Edith Finch
★★★★
3hrs

What a story!!! Not much as far as gaming goes, as this is closer to a visual novel than anything else. One that had me and my bonus daughter completely enthralled with mystery and ultimately sadness. An experience that we'll be keeping with us for a long time.

So there you have it. 52 games in 41 days! Okay, so it's mainly tactical picking the short ones in my backlog. Not exactly the most challenging picks either, but I had a good time with most of these and there were quite a few gems among them. And no, the goal is not over 365 games in 2020. Just clearing my backlog of the short ones before I attempt the more time-consuming games. Or should I try.... ;)

-------

After my marathon run to 52 games, it's gone downhill. A mild hiatus, but I haven't been totally inactive. Probable going to be more active from now on with more longer games mixed in. Anyway, here is what I've done the last 3 months.

February 11, 2020

49874689602_06b1bb3e30.jpg

53. Super Mario Bros. 3
★★★½
7hrs

While I have good memories of SMB3 as a kid, it never surpassed my love for both SMB1 & SMB2, and revisiting it as an adult, I feel the same. While graphically it's an upgrade, it loses some it the original charm in the process. Good platformer, for sure. Had a lot of fun with the new ideas they came with. Just never an all-time favorite for me.

February 12, 2020

49874379151_94d8ef7803.jpg

54. Super Mario World
★★★★½
6hrs

Super Mario WORLD lived up to the hype! Quite possible my favorite 2D Mario. The advancement from NES to Super Nintendo was gigantic for the Nintendo franchises. I already did the early Zelda games, and my impression was the same. The leaps of what they could do and the heart they poured in with less restrictions created an absolute wonder of a adventure. Loved every minute of it!

February 18, 2020

49874689567_22522d1303.jpg

55. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
★★★★
11hrs

The follow-up to Super Mario World was basically Yoshi's first proper adventure. Again a lovely world with some real creative ideas. They even changed the play-style a bit. Wasn't really my favorite way to play compared to the other Mario games, which is why I prefer SMW1 more, but the level design and all that adorable Nintendo stuff was still present, and I really had a wonderful time with playing this again.

February 21, 2020

49874379131_605730f5ff.jpg

56. The Drama Queen Murder
★★
3hrs 30min

One of those routine point & click games where there is a lot of inventory tasks with a few semi-clever puzzles mixed in. Nothing special as far as the genre goes, but I had a decent time with it.

February 25, 2020

49874379416_74c068ce06.jpg

57. Agent A: A puzzle in disguise
★★★
3hrs

This was a clever point & click adventure. Lacked perhaps that little extra touch to make it an essential experience, but there was a lot to like regardless. I especially liked the cartoony art style and the code-like puzzles. They left clues all around so it didn't feel like a impossible task. You just had to be aware of your surroundings to get the idea. Would love a sequel to this.

March 2, 2020

49874689437_fd1a7c2662.jpg

58. Zarvot
★★★½
5hrs

The game plays is simple and fun with a oddly realistic graphical style which enhanced the experience, but what makes this so good is the actual story and writing. Lovely dry sense of humor with a story which touches on depression and true friendship. I've never felt so much emotion for cubes before. A real nice surprise and a shame that is the type of title which drowns away in the wasteland called the eShop, far away from the attention it deserves.

March 4, 2020

49873848283_dc87c457d2.jpg

59. Rocket Fist
★★★
2hrs

The short campaign was was fun. Don't know why I haven't done that one before as I've been playing this game quite a bit. This is mainly a party game, one that's been popular in my family ever since we got the Switch. Great for super quick and uncomplicated battles, perfect for 15- to 30-min sessions. Just move around and launch your fist at your opponent to eliminate them. Recommended mini-game.

March 27, 2020

49873848338_ab84350d13.jpg

60. Croc's World

★½
2hrs

March 28, 2020

49874379411_4185635b2f.jpg

61. Croc's World 2
★½
2hrs

March 30, 2020

49874689757_79b8e7e09f.jpg

62. Croc's World 3
★½
4hrs

I don't know why. I guess it started as a joke. I was just fascinated that there were 4 Croc's World games on the Switch and decided to buy them all when they were on sale for what would equal about a dollar each. Bare bones Mario-style platforming straight out of mobile. They play the same with tweaks so minor that it barely counts as sequels. I mainly used the series as brainless gaming before falling asleep. The main challenge came from poor level design, but I guess they play alright as I did finish them all. Wouldn't recommend anyone else doing that, though.

April 7, 2020

49874379356_b1ee352854.jpg

63. Croc's World Run
★½
5hrs

Auto-runner version of Croc's World, and I both hated and was more engaged with this version compared to the emotionless vanilla experience of the regular Croc's World games. Nothing changed design wise, but the auto-runner mechanics gave it a different kind of challenge. Some of it too punishing because of bad level choices. At the same time I kept trying until I got it. I was very relieved when I finished it, and I'm sure I won't be returning to this game. But will I play a Croc's World game if a brand new one arrives on the Switch in the future. That's the real question...

April 14, 2020

49874379101_acaa4afe0d.jpg

64. Wurroom

15min

The surrealistic images was cool, but I wouldn't exactly call this a game. You just touch random things that does random things until it abruptly ends after quarter of an hour. An artistic experience, but as a game it falls flat.

What happened was, I had the shock of my life. My wife told me she was pregnant again. Took me completely off-guard and wasn't prepared for that at all. So I did the only adult thing possible to cope with the horror. I played LEGO games! This was at the start of May, and by mid-June the Lego therapy had worked its charm. I still decided to continue the mission of 100% the rest of the Lego games available on the Nintendo Switch, even if feeling a little Lego fatigued slowing down. Plus summer holiday started and it was more time with the kids and other activities, so playing became more whenever I felt like it, rather than rushing through the games.

May 10, 2020

50251997523_3e2d4190d6.jpg

65. LEGO The Incredibles
★★★½
27hrs

Prior to conquering The Incredibles, I had played it sporadically with the kids, so it felt like a good starting point for me to start with a Lego game I was somewhat familiar with it. This might me one of the more underrated entries in the Lego series, as The Incredibles feels like one of the more niche franchises they've brought to the gaming world. Cool characters and takes scenarios closely related to the original films. Fun sandbox world and it felt like they put some effort into the challenges on this one to separate it a little from the others.

May 18, 2020

50251997648_06952f758b.jpg

66. LEGO CITY Undercover
★★★★½
74hrs

The undeniable star of the Lego releases on The Switch! Big sandbox world, a ton of missions and things to discover. In a way it felt like Zelda: Breath of the Wild, because of the size and free-roaming aspect of the game (Oh, bring on a real Lego Zelda game!). Lego City Undercover proved to be a addictive affair, one I simply couldn't put down. Almost 10 hours a day until I had uncovered everything!

May 23, 2020

50252656906_564c5bef57.jpg

67. The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
★★½
25hrs

Showed promise at first, but this was a rather underwhelming experience. Mildly based on the Lego film, but made into something of its own. The thing was that this was clearly aimed more on the younger player. The game hand-holds you too much and there isn't that much of a challenge. I wasted too much time exploring in this one until I discovered I really didn't need to. Just rush through the main missions and take the rest after that.

June 6, 2020

50252836862_075eb7dcb9.jpg

68. LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game
★★★
27hrs

The most action-game of the Lego games. More of a hack n slash feel, but naturally doesn't go too far off the usual Lego platform. Good fun, borrowing a lot from the movie, but lacking that little bit extra to make Ninjago stand-out against the rest.

June 11, 2020

50252836917_d25dae00f5.jpg

69. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
★★★½
38hrs

Since the Harry Potter games are some of the older ones ported over to the Switch, it feels much slower and restricted than the more modern Lego games. But it does bring a enchanting fantasy world with plenty of puzzle based challenges spread all over Hogwarts. With a little adjustment I was in the groove and really enjoying this, especially since it felt a little different than the other Lego games I had played up till then. Had a good time with this one.

June 18, 2020

50251997603_deeece9754.jpg

70. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
★★★½
34hrs

While I was a little disappointed they didn't change much between this and the first game based on the movies, and the minor changes they did do felt unnecessary. With that said it was still more of the same fun puzzle stuff from the first one, with a little more effort pushed into the mission mode. Pretty much a extension of the first 4 years, so if you enjoyed that one, these final Harry Potter years will entertain just the same.

June 29, 2020

50251997583_c90cd1d458.jpg

71. LEGO Jurassic World
★★★
37hrs

Lego dinosaur time! Had hoped I was going to love it more than I did, but in a way the worlds and what you do in them felt more hollow than most of the other Lego games. Does shine from time to time and you do get to play with dinos, so there is fun to be had.

July 25, 2020

50251997563_1b9a4b8e88.jpg

72. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
★★★
85hrs

This was a frustrating experience. On one hand you had all these Marvel superheros, getting to fly around and use superpowers. But LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 was the most bugged one of the bunch. Worst thing was how slow things would pop in when flying around. I experienced up to 5 seconds delay for things to turn-up right in front of me. It also wasted the potential of the open-world aspect of the game. Most of the challenges were tedious and repetitive, plus there wasn't that much going on out there. The main mission sequences where okay, on par with most of the other Lego games and saved the game. But what happened in sandbox mode was too time consuming, especially when playing it sporadically and losing the flow searching everything.

August 19, 2020

50252657071_300db05763.jpg

73. LEGO DC Super-Villains: Deluxe Edition
★★★½
52hrs

And finally, DC Villains! Compared to Marvel Super Heroes 2, this ran like a charm. A much more fun open-world. The main missions felt shorter for some reason, but there was plenty to do, and most of it enjoyable. So much that even after over 400 tiring hours of Lego gaming over 3 months, I was still having a lovely time with DC Villains and what it had to offer!

I also gave LEGO Worlds a try, but to me its the black sheep of the family. Spend over 10 hours on it. The problem is that this is the Minecraft inspired Lego game and the mission aspect was a afterthought. I have little interest in building, and the controls and camera when trying felt very clunky when trying. The worlds and challenges are randomly generated, and a lot of the times the challenges couldn't be completed because you had to include stuff from plants not yet visited. On top of that the challenges where lame. Boring "Take a picture" ones and give me this and this. There is fun to be had mocking about on Lego sets I had when I was young, but for me Lego Worlds was a massive disappointment. You only need 100 Gold Bricks to get the top rank in the game, but I threw in the towel at 37 as it was the same quests regardless of how many planets I randomly generated. Maybe I pop in for short sessions in the future, but for now, not worth my time.

I'd rank the Switch LEGO games like this:

1. LEGO CITY Undercover
2. LEGO DC Super-Villains: Deluxe Edition
3. LEGO The Incredibles
4. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
5. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
6. LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game
7. LEGO Jurassic World
8. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
9. The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
10. LEGO Worlds

So after my LEGO period my gaming became very sporadic for the rest of the year.

August 23, 2020

50795385548_aaeb8f72e3.jpg

74. Stick It to The Man
★★★½
5hrs 30min

Loved the wacky humor of Stick It to The Man. Not overly complicated, but adventurous, making me want to explore every corner of this cartoonish world. This was right up my alley.

September 6, 2020

50796253742_731ea389da.jpg

75. Flipping Death
★★★
9hrs

After finishing Stick It to The Man, the natural progress was its spiritual sequel Flipping Death. The wacky humor was the same, but I wasn't as addicted to the experience and kept drifting out. While the characters were fun, the solutions where too far-out to feel satisfying. More a luck of the attempt and see what crazy idea the creators had, and not my own "genius".

September 16, 2020

50796133526_7907a91882.jpg

76. Lost Horizon
★★★
12hrs

A fine point & click game, but also showing its age (originally made in 2010). Used it as bite size adventures before going to sleep, and it worked well for that.

September 17, 2020

50796253232_4af9c2b7ee.jpg

77. Venture Kid
★★½
5/10

Solid retro platformer. Did struggle on a couple of the latter stages, but did get through it once I gained enough confidence on the difficult parts.

September 29, 2020

50795385363_ca2dc5f59a.jpg

78. Ultimate Chicken Horse
★★★½
35hrs

Ultimate Chicken Horse became THE family game of the year for us. So accessible that even the youngest was able to be competitive in this chaotic obstacle race. Wonderful fun, and naturally we played enough to unlock everything. Wish they'd created more content, but of course there are plenty to select online too.

October 5, 2020

50795385503_b6585e472e.jpg

79. Super Mario 64
★★★★
25hrs

The biggest hype of the fall for me was the Super Mario 3D Collection. Couldn't wait to play these games again. I don't remember if I completed Super Mario 64 on the original console, but I did this time I did. All 120 stars!One can't mention this game without complaining about the camera controls. Took some time getting used to, but the game is a true classic!

October 6, 2020

50795385653_9895c91308.jpg

80. Macbat 64: Journey of a Nice Chap
★★
1hr

Not much for gameplay. Pretty straight forward and not exactly difficult. The allure here is the 64-era tribute stuff. For this is a pure and quirky tribute experience, nothing more.

October 8, 2020

50796133411_814d27d20f.jpg

81. The Stretchers
★★★
7hrs

Got a few bugs, but this incredibly silly idea made for some super fun husband & wife time! Recommended if you have a partner/friend to co-op with.

October 13, 2020

50795385808_a4f5e7ff42.jpg

82. Guess the Word
½
30min

I was just testing a few simple cheap games for my 5-year-old, and I apparently completed a spelling bee. This was a bare-bones release. There's only like 30 simple words included, which you could easily guess your way through based on how it's laid-out. Doesn't even use all the letters in the alphabet. One of the most shameful releases on the Switch. So little effort put into this one.

October 13. 2020

50796133331_f3418b6278.jpg

83. Theatre Tales
½
5min

Another one from the bunch I tried with my kid. The presentation wasn't that bad. Worked in getting him interested, but it's easily completed in 5 minutes. They tease the idea of unlocking or buying additional fairytales, but it seems they never made those expansions, so all you're left with is a tiny Red Riding Hood story and no reason to return.

October 14, 2020

50796133581_48423dd484.jpg

84. Lost Horizon 2
★★½
6hrs

The story is not as good as in the first one, but the game style is the same, so an alright chill experience if one enjoy these older style point & click games.

November 5, 2020

50796253602_649b249bdd.jpg

85. Secret Files 3
★★½
8hrs

I did 1 & 2 last year, so it's time to complete the 3rd installment of this point & clicker. And like with the Lost Horizon series, it's alright and fairly dated by 2020 standards. More than anything, I felt Secret Files 3 was uneven, for I did enjoy some of the chapters, while others dragged a bit too much. Regardless, I got myself through, thus completing all the P&C'ers Koch Media has released on the Switch so far.

December 29, 2020

50795699243_957eccb171.jpg

86. Super Mario Sunshine
★★★★½
45hrs

I doubt I ever completed Sunshine on the GameCube, but I loved revisiting this on the Switch! The water mechanism was something I had a ton of fun with, and the game has all types of creative platforming puzzles thrown in. 120 shines - completed. Put me in the pro-Sunshine camp!

December 31, 2020

50796253302_316fa72557.jpg

87. The House of Da Vinci
★★★
4hrs

Similar style as The Room, but a little bit more creative and fun to accomplish. At some point I'll definitely be picking up its sequel.

--PUNQ--

Last edited:

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Completed this challenge successfully in 2016 but never attempted again since. I'm going to go at it again this year with the goal of clearing my backlog before next gen consoles drop.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
My plan for 2020 so far:

January: Talos Principle, Witcher III, Ni no Kuni, Return of the Obra Dinn, Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope

February: FFVIII, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

March: FFVII Remake, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, Salt & Sanctuary, Animal Crossing: New Horizons

misc Q1: Baba is You, No Man's Sky

seems doable-ish. The big question mark is the RPGs, heh

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I'll give it a go!

--------------
January
--------------

1. Halo: Reach Remastered (Halo: The Master Chief Collection) (Xbox One X) (1/1) - I wanted to run through the campaign solo on Legendary (to get the A Monument of All Your Sins achievement), I forgot how brutal this game this can be. Specially on areas where you're stuck fighting a large group of enemies with the wrong set of weapons. Overall, it was great revisiting this game after beating it on the Xbox 360 back in 2010.

2. Street Fighter II (SF 30th Anniversary Collection) (Xbox One X) (1/8) - This game was rough to play, got my ass kicked a few times, but still managed to beat it with Ken

3. Street Fighter 3rd Strike (SF 30th Anniversary Collection) (Xbox One X) (1/8) - This was a lot more fun to play than II that's for sure. Picked Akuma for this run, Gill kicked my ass quite a few times. Up to this date, it is still my favorite Street Fighter.

--------------
February
--------------

4. Mega Max X (Mega Man 30th Anniversary Collection) (Xbox One X) (2/1) - I don't remember being game being difficult, but early on and end game was pretty tough. Final fight was bullshit even with the Hadouken, you take so much damage.

5. Mega Man X2 (Mega Man 30th Anniversary Collection) (Xbox One X) (2/5) - As a kid I beat Mega Man X and X4, but never got to finish some of the other X games. Just beat this one today, this one was fairly easy, but holy shit some heart containers are frustrating to acquire. It was easier than X that's for sure.

6. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Xbox One X) (2/7) (45 hours) - I mainly picked up this game because there wasn't much else in January. I wasn't expecting much, but how bad could it be to fly around and re-live your childhood? This game delivered exactly that. The main story is obviously based on the Dragon Ball Z anime, however they have a few surprises for those who player Dragon Ball: FighterZ. The game itself was pretty good, but there's some bullshit sidequests. I'm not expecting all side quests to be unique, but some are outright frustrating and most are just fetch quests which can get annoying. Getting near the end of the game, the soundtrack. The fights, definitely made me feel like a kid again and made enjoy this game a lot! I'll be going back to finish up the rest of the Achievements. Will I replay it? Possibly not, however if they add a Dragon Ball Super expansion. I would be all in! Also, if you like Dragon Ball Z and you haven't seen the Japanese commercial for it. Do yourself a favor and watch it, it hits you right in the feels.

Android 21 is in the game and she is an assistant to Dr. Briefs. Also when you do "super finishes" you get the same screen and style as you did when you'd finish an enemy on Dragon Ball FighterZ.

--------------
March
--------------

7. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Xbox One X) (3/9) - I started this one around November/December last year and recently picked it up again since I wanted to beat it before I got into another Metroidvania. This game was an absolute blast to play, just like other Metroidvania's its so much fun when you've finally acquired all your abilities and run around like crazy and shredding enemies. The game started off a bit slow story wise but it picked up fairly well and I ended up enjoying it. I accidentally bumped into the first ending of the game. (There's 3 ending, 2 bad and 1 true ending), but the cool thing is that if you get the bad ending, the game saves and places you right before the path to the bad ending, so you can continue playing it. My two complaints about the game are the difficulty spikes with the bosses.
(Fuck Zangetsu, that 2nd fight with him is brutal)
and frame rates in some scenarios. I'm playing on the Xbox One X which apparently is one of the most stables aside from PC and some fights turn into a Windows 98 PowerPoint presentation. Either way, I can't recommend this game enough. It's fun and if you have Xbox Game Pass, check it out!

8. DOOM (2016) (Xbox One X) (3/30) - So I had restarted this game quite a few times but stopped halfway through back then. I had picked up DOOM Eternal day one, but wanted to beat DOOM first. I played it on Hurt Me Plenty, the game was a bit challenging, got lost a few times. I really enjoyed how the game kind of punishes you if you stay still, you have to constantly move during a fight or you'll die fairly quick. Gameplay was awesome, I wish I had more time to get all of the secrets and collectibles, but so many games and so little time!). Maybe someday!

--------------
April
--------------

9. DOOM Eternal (Xbox One X) (4/12) - Got to jump right into this one after beating the first DOOM (2016). I had a blast with this game, but it also had some frustrating parts. Compared to the first game, the combat feels slightly slower, mainly with the weapons switch. On DOOM (2016), I was able to quickly blast enemies back to back switching weapons, in this game it doesn't flow as well, even after unlocking the perk to quickly switch weapons. The traversal in this game was phenomenal, it was a bit unusual at first, but found it to be a lot of fun and a nice change of pace compared to the first game. I like the fact that they have cheat codes that you could use and they don't stop progression which is cool. One thing that I found extremely frustrating was the enemy "buff". Basically any area with a enemy buff, they would do crazy damage, are way more aggressive and enemies continue to respawn over and over until you destroy the "buff". It's not easy to spot and some areas of the game have it well hidden which sucks.

Boss fights were great, specially the final battle. It's crazy, not difficult but not easy either. You have to be on the move constantly. In the end I truly enjoyed both DOOM games, the first one a little more than this one, but I'll be going back to them to get the collectibles at some point. Also, the Xbox Elite Series 2 with the paddles made this a pleasure to play, I was able to combo the heck out of the enemies. I used the configuration below so I'd wouldn't have to take off my fingers off the stick when doing combos or dashing mid air.

Top Left Paddle (A): Jump
Top Right Paddle (B): Dash
Bottom Left Paddle (D-Pad Left): Switch grenades
Bottom RIght Paddle (Y): Flamethrower

10. Final Fantasy VII: Remake (PlayStation Pro) (4/21) - Originally the idea of this game being split into parts put me off from the game, I originally was going to wait to play it, but Amazon had a great deal on the game a few months ago ($30 off Deluxe Edition) and couldn't pass it up. I had a fun time with the combat system, it felt like it packed a punch. There currently is an issue with some of the game textures and they are quite distracting, but hopefully it's something they fix up on a future patch and I REALLY hope this gets a PS5 patch at some point (or have it come out on PC/XSX), it deserves to be played in 4k/60fps. I didn't do a lot of the side missions (did around 9 of them), some of them were fun, but some seem kind of annoying. I'll be revisiting the game at another time and give it a proper 100% play through. Game took around 22 hours to beat. Also, when you get to the final chapter (18), put on some headphones if you can!

11. Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One X) (4/30) - Fired this up with my brother and beat it in one sitting. Took a little less than 2 hours to beat, but I had a blast. It felt like I was back in the 90s playing the originals on Genesis. Now that I beat this one, I may go back and beat the Vintage Collection since it has all 3. Game screenshots don't do it justice, seeing the game in motion looks gorgeous. If you have GamePass, it is available for both Xbox and PC.

--------------
May
--------------

12. Modern Warfare 2: Remastered (Xbox One X) (5/2) - As a fan of the Modern Warfare series, I couldn't pass up the chance of going through this great campaign once again. As I've done with the previous Modern Warfare games, I managed to complete all 1000/1000g achievements for this game. Campaign remained the same with some minor changes. However the game felt somewhat easier on Veteran than I remember. I only had trouble with one level (Loose Ends), escaping that level on Veteran is a huge pain since you're getting shot from everywhere and if you stop you're dead. I'd definitely recommend revisiting it.

13. My Friend Pedro (Xbox One X) (5/9) - First reaction to this game was "WTF". Didn't expect to follow a talking banana while shooting my way through town. The game turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought and it's definitely a short fun game to play. The gameplay feels satisfying and does a good job making you feel like a badass. Game isn't long and has a bit of a twisted story, I'd definitely recommend checking it out! As of this time, it is currently on GamePass

14. Road Redemption (Xbox One X) (5/15) - As a kid, I used to go over my cousins house to play Road Rash on the Panasonic 3DO. That game alone wanted me to get the system, it was just so much fun riding on a motorcycle and beating the hell out of your opponents as you drive by them. One time looking it up on YouTube, someone had brought up this game. Saw it on a sale for $7.99 and said "Why not?". The game isn't anything crazy, but it sure is a lot of fun. I had a bit of a tough time adjusting to the controls at first, but after getting the hang of it I was having a great time! There's plenty of unlockables to work towards to and you earn them by simply playing the game and completing objectives, those unlockables are permanent upgrades so the game basically gets easier as you continue to play it. The Campaign can be a bit unforgiving at first because if you lose all your health, you end up having to restart the campaign from the beginning.

However, some of the unlocks as you keep playing allow you to start in later levels of the campaign so you don't have to start completely over. After a few days, of getting really close I managed to complete the campaign today. Unlocked a lot of cool stuff, including Campaign+. If you enjoyed Road Rash, this is definitely a fun indie game. It's a bit rough in some areas but still a lot of fun. One massive downside is the lack of online co-op. There is 4 player splitscreen co-op, but no online co-op. You can race online, however I tried once and it was taking long finding a server to join so I just kept playing the campaign. Either way, worth the $8 I paid for it and I'll continue to play it every now and then!

15. Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One X) (5/28) - Even though I was planning on giving it a go since the game is on GamePass, I had a great time with it. The game has different difficulty levels to level things out in case you're playing with your higher or lower leveled friends. The combination of artifacts can make for some pretty cool combinations and in order to tackle some enemies, team work is a must. Through the playthrough I did encounter two bugs that were not fun to deal with

- Stuck in a infinite loading screen
- Falling through the world and initiating "night" (to get around this one, we would leave and come back into the game)

I love the simplicity of the game and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys Minecraft or dungeon crawlers.

--------------
June
--------------

16. The Last of Us: Part II (PlayStation 4 Pro) (6/24) -
Fantastic game, there's a few things that I didn't like but didn't stop me from enjoying it. Not gonna go into details at the moment since it would spoil some stuff, I'll update this towards the end of the year.

--------------
July
--------------

17. Halo 3 (
Windows 10) (7/18) - Before every new Halo comes out, I like to go through the previous Halo campaigns. This game is still one of my favorites to this day. Music, the environments are amazing. The final level is still as epic as ever.

18. Cuphead (Xbox One X/Windows 10 - Play Anywhere) (7/29)- I had previously beat the game on normal and I was 2 levels away from beating the game on Expert mode. Seeing that the game recently got released on PlayStation 4, it made me want to go back and clean up the rest of the achievements and finish the game on Expert. Game is still as awesome as ever, can't wait for the Delicious Last Course.

--------------
August
--------------

19. Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One X/Windows 10 - Play Anywhere) -
Recently went through the game again and cleaned up the rest of the achievements. I've been switching between this one and Battletoads.

20. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep (Xbox One X) - Went through the campaign with my Titan in order to get a missing exotic.

21. Don't Starve: Giant Edition (Windows 10)

22. Endless Legend (Windows 10)

23. DOOM 64 (Xbox One X) (8/25)

24. A Summer with the Shiba Inu (Xbox One X) (8/25) -
Cute visual novel with Shiba Inus. I have 3 Shiba Inus and I couldn't resist picking this game up. Just recently finished it and I enjoyed Syd's story. It's was quite weird, but I liked it!

----------------
September
----------------

25. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2) (Xbox One X) (9/5) -
What can I say? It was a wonderful experience going through these once again. Booting the game up for the first time gave me a huge dose of nostalgia. Took me a moment for it to "click" again, but after it did. It was amazing, loved having the soundtrack back as well.

26. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2) (Xbox One X) (9/6) - Just like with THPS1, it was a huge dose of nostalgia, I loved hitting all 100% goals. I'll be coming back to it for the gaps! That's for sure

27. Gears Tactics (Windows 10) (9/15) - I've never been a huge fan of tactics style games, but I'm usually pretty good at them. Took a while for this one to "click" but after it did, I enjoyed my time with the game. The story was uninteresting at first, but damn it picks up on Act 3 and I really like how it ended. I really hope they make a traditional gears game with this cast or at least give us more info in the next Gears title. If you love Gears, I'd say give it a shot, may be tricky at first but fun none the less. Also, as someone who isn't great with mouse and keyboard. It's the way to go in this game. Maybe for the Xbox version of the game it will be much better, but the current scheme is a bit of a mess IMO.

28. Gears of War 4 (Windows 10) (9/25) - After beating Gears Tactics I was itching for more Gears. It is one of my top 3 gaming franchises. So I decided to do the Inconceivable solo run and oh boy this sucked. I did enjoy revisiting the story, but this difficulty is absolutely unforgivable. The only thing that made it easier to deal with was activating the secret Easter egg in order to receive a special weapon which can make the campaign easier in some parts. I had a fun time revisiting this one and I'll be looking to complete Gears 5 later this year when it drops on the Xbox Series X.

29. Crazy Taxi (Xbox One X) (9/26) - I was listening to The Offspring when the idea of playing Crazy Taxi came to mind, the port that is currently available is quite disappointing since the classic music is no longer available and some of the destinations got replaced with generic branded. (Pizza Hut etc) which takes some of the games charm away. I went ahead and completed the crazy box once again, managed to get 1st place and had a lot of fun playing by the Arcade Rules. Makes me miss Crazy Taxi 3 on the original Xbox.

30. Hotshot Racing (Xbox One X) (9/30) - Discovered this gem via Xbox GamePass, after seeing the trailer I was immediately hooked on the visuals since it gave me an old school Daytona USA vibe. Its an easy to learn game that gives you a huge sense of speed and has some fun online modes. Its one of those games that I'll gladly go back to overtime to have a good time with. I managed to beat the Grand Prix in 1st place.

Last edited:

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Claiming again... I won't get close, but 2019 was a better year in general for me, so I'd like to think I can re-create it... although, I'm still playing Death Stranding and that is still consuming my home console life...

Previous Years Main Posts

HISTORICAL OVERALL STATUS
2009 : 27 Complete
2010 : 21 Complete
2011 : 19 Complete
2012 : 16 Complete
2013 : 24 Complete
2014 : 28 Complete
2015 : 24 Complete
2016 : 24 Complete
2017 : 8 Complete
2018 : 7 Complete
2019 : 25 Complete : 62 Games Played (40.32%)
2020 : 2 Complete : 16 Games Played (12.50%)

Stats based around played/trophy unlocked dates... Considering I probably buy twice as many games each year, I think the backlog will last til about 2050 at this rate. HA!

2019 UNFINISHED
Sd2d12c.png
S947fec.png
S810431.png
S5c1d6d.png
S398d69.png
S354df5.png
Sb574eb.png
S6fc070.png
S714087.png
S05526b.png
S1fa834.png
S109561.png
Sb791a9.png
S03e4c2.png
S7bae25.png
Sec0e3c.png
S7e0b61.png
S4a5ca7.png

Sb10cef.png
S50dcef.png
Scc76f5.png
S6ce7e1.png
Sf01b09.png
S617e4e.png
S5b4173.png
S6a682a.png
S510823.png

S225923.png
S37ccd5.png
Sd3b98a.png
S46aa69.png
Sb2eac4.png
Sf80477.png
Sec9ec4.png
Se3bc1d.png
S15bf15.png

S19523e.png
S351469.png
Sb1bc02.png

2020 IN PROGRESS
Game #001
Sb1bc02.png

Death Stranding (PS4 | ~90hrs | Trophies - 57%) - The game consumes me. 50hrs in and I'm only still in Chapter 3! This will be one game that heavily impacts any sort of 2020 attempt at 52 Games. I will not ever directly recommend this game to anyone, it's far to polarizing, but it is no doubt my GOTY 2019.

Game #003
S448c5c.png

Untitled Goose Game (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 55%) - Bought this prior to Christmas and finally got a chance to see what the fuss is about. Loving it though, currently in the 3rd area.

Game #004
Sb2e190.png

LEGO Dimensions (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 25%) - Son finally got his way and we played this for an afternoon over the past weekend, it has reminded me how much of a chore this game really is, having to use the portal and move characters around. This will not be completed this year, eventually it will though.

Game #005
Se3bc1d.png

Borderlands : Game Of The Year Edition (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 59%) - After finishing the story in 2019, the year of 2020 will be DLC clean up!

Game #006
S98dc1b.png

Hatsune Miku : Project Diva X (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 64%) - I had 30hrs played into this, the game is tight as it has always been, but I got burnt out by the changes to unlocks. Going to try and unlock all the modules. Should be another 30hrs or more.

Game #007
S61570e.png

Concrete Genie (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 12%) - Only in the main first area and enjoying the time so far. The only issue I have so far are the controls been "weird", but that might pass with more time.

Game #009
Sb2eac4.png

Riddled Corpses (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 11%) - This game is an okay twin stick shooter, but the grind to level up and unlock everything isn't that fun as the game isn't deep enough to support it

Game #010
S19523e.png

World Rally Championship 5 (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 37%) - The console version is much better than the handheld version, currently in the second season, once I finish this, will move onto WRC6 at some point.

Game #011
S1aff77.png

LEGO Movie : The Videogame (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 0%) - This was booted up by the kids, nothing happened.

Game #012
Sed1892.png

Driveclub (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 11%) - Both Driveclub games were brought back to life to knockout the online trophies before the servers are shutdown. At some point I will need to play this properly, as it's really fun still.

Game #013
Sb10cef.png

Driveclub Bikes (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 25%) - Both Driveclub games were brought back to life to knockout the online trophies before the servers are shutdown. At some point I will need to play this properly, as it's really fun still.

Game #014
S72af2f.png

Dreams (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 8%) - There is so much to this game, it's simply beyond anything else. Art's Dream is a fantastic advertisement for what you can do with the tools available. I do want to try my hand at making something one day... one day...

Game #015
S03f3e0.png

LEGO City Undercover (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 6%) - Played a few hours with the kid, it's a fun game and want to actually get through it.

Game #016
S55be02.png

De Blob (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 1%) - Wanted to show the kids what this game was about, and it's still great, only one level down at the moment.

2020 COMPLETED
Completion #001
S351469.png

Game #002 : WRC 5 : World Rally Championship (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%) - The Vita version was the last in the series on the device, seeing this against the PS4 version is just horrible, there are very little environmental aspects to the game, just barren geography. Finally got around to finishing this off. This was also my 120th Platinum

Completion #002
Sc3c92a.png

Game #008 : My Name Is Mayo (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 100%) - Shut Up, that's why!

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Games completed: 52

1. SOMA (PS4) | 1st January - 6h | 5/5
2. A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV (PS4) | 2nd January - 3h | 4/5
3. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4) | 3rd January - 3 | 3/5
4. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PS4) | 6th January - 1h20m | 4/5
5. Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4) | 6th January - 30m | 3/5
6. Grow Home (PS4) | 6th January - 2h | 3/5
7. Goat Simulator (PS4) | 8th January - 5h | 3/5[
8. Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4) | 9th January - 6h | 3/5
9. Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4) | 12th January - 9h | 3/5
10. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (PS4) | 29th January 49h19m | 4/5
11. Dreams (PS4) | 23rd February 5h | 5/5
12. Bayonetta (PS4) 29th February 10h30m21s | 5/5
13. Vanquish (PS4) | 3rd March 9h | 5/5
14. Granblue Fantasy: Versus (PS4) 10th March 25h | 5/5
15. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (PS4) | 4th April 25h | 4/5
16. Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4) | 9th April 7h14m17s | 5/5
17. Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) | 19th April 58h02m41s | 5/5
18. Trials of Mana (PS4) | 29th April 55h27m29s | 5/5[
19. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch) | 16th June 79h45m | 5/5
20. Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories (PS4) | 19th August 8h | 3/5
21. Sakura Wars (PS4) | 25th August 30h | 5/5
22. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Future Connected (Switch) | 27th August 11:49 | 5/5
23. Marvel's Avengers (PS4) | 8th September 30h | 4/5
24. Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Super Mario 64 (Switch) | 23rd September 8h | 5/5
25. Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Super Mario Sunshine (Switch) 26th September 25h | 4/5
26. Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Super Mario Galaxy (Switch) | 28th September 13h | 5/5
27. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) | 5th October 44h49m28s | 5/5
28. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4) | 10th October 9h | 4/5
29. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) | 3rd November 40h21m48s | 5/5
30. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope (PS4) | 3rd November 8h | 4/5
31. Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4) | 8th November 25h | 3/5
32. The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (PS4) | 11th November 4h25m19s | 4/5
33. Ratchet and Clank (PS4) | 12th November 30h | 4/5
34. Strider (PS4) | 12th November 5h33m34s | 4/5
35. Astro's Playroom (PS5) | 13th November 5h | 5/5
36. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) | 17th November 16h | 5/5
37. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5) | 27th November 21h | 5/5
38. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War (PS5) | 3rd December 7h | 4/5
39. Game of Thrones: Episode 1 - Iron From Ice (PS4) | 3rd December 2h | 3/5
40. Game of Thrones: Episode 2 - The Lost Lords (PS4) | 4th December 1h50m | 4/5
41. Game of Thrones: Episode 3 - The Sword in the Darkness (PS4)| 4th December 1h35m | 4/5
42. Game of Thrones: Episode 4 - Sons of Winter (PS4) | 4th December 2h | 4/5
43. Game of Thrones: Episode 5 - A Nest of Vipers (PS4) | 4th December 1h18m | 4/5
44. Game of Thrones: Episode 6 - Fire and Ice (PS4) | 5th December 1h50m | 4/5
45. Life is Strange 2: Episode 1 - Roads (PS4) | 6th December 2h | 4/5
46. Stick it to the Man (PS4) | 6th December 3h | 4/5
47. Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus (PS4) | 7th December 1h25m32s | 5/5
48. Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto (PS4) | 7th December 2h22m49s | 5/5
49. Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis (PS4) | 8th December 2h01m35s | 5/5
50. King's Quest: Chapter 1 - A Knight to Remember (PS4) | 9th December 4h | 4/5
51. Hue (PS4) | 9th December 7h | 4/5
52. Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4) | 31st December 99h | 4/5

Last edited:

Felsparks

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna claim a slot yet again

Maybe this year I'll actually remember to keep track of what I'm playing and finishing. And hope that it'll keep me from buying new stuff that I really don't need when I have such a huge backlog.

We will see...

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Thinking about doing this.. my backlog is too much. Such a blessing to even have 52 games.

1. Jedi Fallen Order.
2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

SamuelG

Jul 11, 2018
New Jersey
lol forgot to post all year. Here's the list:

1. A Normal Lost Phone (PC, 1/4/2020)
  2. A Little Bus Stop (PC, 1/6/2020)
  3. Hamsterdam (PC, 1/12/2020)
  4. Lightmatter (PC, 1/12/2020)
  5. Eclipse: Edge of Light (PSVR, 1/14/2020)
  6. Kingdom Hearts III - Re:Mind (Ps4, 1/24/2020)
  7. Coffee Talk (PC, 1/25/2020)
  8. Kentucky Route Zero (PC, 2/2/2020)
  9. Kunai (Switch, 2/2/2020)
  10. Yi and the Thousand Moons (PC, 2/4/2020)
  11. Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions (PC, 2/8/2020)
  12. Plasticity (PC, 2/9/2020)
  13. ECHO (PC, 2/11/2020)
  14. Dreams (Ps4, 2/15/2020)
  15. Stories and Smoke (PC, 2/22/2020)
  16. Rusty Lake Hotel (PC, 2/23/2020)
  17. Adam's Venture Origins (Ps4, 2/24/2020)
  18. Hyrule Warriors (Switch, 2/25/2020)
  19. Hyrule Warriors - Cia's Tale (Switch, 2/25/2020)
  20. Hyrule Warriors - Linkle's Tale (Switch, 2/25/2020)
  21. The Suicide of Rachel Foster (PC, 2/26/2020)
  22. X-Morph: Defense (PC, 3/2/2020)
  23. Path of Sin: Greed (PC, 3/4/2020)
  24. Stela (PC, 3/4/2020)
  25. Path of Sin: Greed - The One That Got Away (PC, 3/6/2020)
  26. Ori and the Blind Forest (PC, 3/8/2020)
  27. Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Legacy of the First Blade (Ps4, 3/14/2020)
  28. King's Heir: Rise to the Throne (PC, 3/16/2020)
  29. King's Heir: Rise to the Throne - Act of Deceit (PC, 3/16/2020)
  30. 11-11: Memories Retold (PC, 3/23/2020)
  31. 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek (PC, 3/25/2020)
  32. Agony (PC, 3/28/2020)
  33. Control - The Foundation (Ps4, 3/29/2020)
  34. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (Ps4, 4/5/2020)
  35. Abyss: The Wraith of Eden (PC, 4/9/2020)
  36. Final Fantasy VII Remake (Ps4, 4/19/2020)
  37. The Shattering (PC, 4/22/2020)
  38. Leaving Lyndow (PC, 4/24/2020)
  39. The Lonesome Fog (PC, 4/26/2020)
  40. Fables From the Den (PC, 4/26/2020)
  41. Underhero (PC, 5/12/2020)
  42. Injustice 2 (Ps4, 5/13/2020)
  43. A Place, Forbidden (PC, 5/16/2020)
  44. Answer Knot (PC, 5/16/2020)
  45. Over the Alps (iOS, 5/16/2020)
  46. Liberated (Switch, 5/28/2020)
  47. The Flower Collectors (PC, 5/30/2020)
  48. Depanneur Nocturne (PC, 5/30/2020)
  49. Waking (PC, 6/15/2020)
  50. Quarentine Circular (PC, 6/29/2020)
  51. El Tango de la Muerte (PC, 7/6/2020)
  52. Devolverland Expo (PC, 7/13/2020)
  53. Iron Man VR (PSVR, 7/16/2020)
  54. Lithium City (PC, 7/25/2020)
  55. Towaga: Among Shadows (PC, 7/29/2020)
  56. What Happened (PC, 8/5/2020)
  57. What the Golf? (iOS, 8/9/2020)
  58. Fast & Furious: Crossroads (Ps4, 8/11/2020)
  59. What the Golf? - Sporty Sports! (iOS, 8/13/2020)
  60. The Banner Saga (PC, 8/16/2020)
  61. Game of Thrones: Tale of Crows (iOS, 8/16/2020)
  62. Killer7 (PC, 8/24/2020)
  63. Consortium (PC, 8/25/2020)
  64. A Plague Tale: Innocence (PC, 8/30/2020)
  65. Ruiner (PC, 9/2/2020)
  66. Death Flush (PC, 9/4/2020)
  67. Superhot: Mind Control Delete (PC, 9/7/2020)
  68. 9 Clues 2: The Ward (PC, 9/9/2020)
  69. The Last of Us Part II (Ps4, 9/12/2020)
  70. A Short Hike (PC, 9/12/2020)
  71. Chronicles of Magic: Divided Kingdom (PC. 9/14/2020)
  72. Destiny 2 (Ps4, 9/15/2020)
  73. Destiny 2 - Curse of Osiris (Ps4, 9/16/2020)
  74. Destiny 2 - Warmind (Ps4, 9/18/2020)
  75. HoloVista (iOS, 10/3/2020)
  76. Hades (PC, 10/11/2020)
  77. Dread X Collection 3 (PC, 10/23/2020)
  78. Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest (PC, 10/28/2020)
  79. Strobophagia (PC, 10/31/2020)
  80. Takeshi and Hiroshi (iOS, 11/4/2020)
  81. Transient (PC, 11/7/2020)
  82. Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories (Ps4, 11/21/2020)
  83. Project Wingman (PC, 11/30/2020)
  84. Edge of Nowhere (Quest 2, 12/1/2020)
  85. Darksiders (Ps4, 12/4/2020)
  86. Astro's Playroom (Ps5, 12/6/2020)
  87. The Pathless (Ps5, 12/9/2020)
  88. Control - AWE (Ps4, 12/12/2020)
  89. Shady Part of Me (Ps4, 12/16/2020)
  90. Ghost of Tsushima (Ps4, 12/23/2020)
  91. Beyond Blue (Ps4, 12/27/2020)

Last edited:

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Link's Awakening (Switch) Jan 2, 2020
2. Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch) Jan 11, 2020

Last edited:

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
2015 22 games
2016 18 games
2017 26 games
2018 42 games
2019 54 games completed

2020 Should be the cleanup of this generation's open-world games so I expect much less but with Xbox game pass who knows

Update # 1
39 games were completed in 2020

January
1.A Wolf Among Us Episode 1 Faith (XB1 Jan 3 4/5)
2.Donut County (PS4 Jan 5 3/5)
3.Gorogoa (PS4 Jan 6 3/5)
4.Madden 20 (Face of The Franchise) (XB1 Jan 22 2/5)
5. Control (PS4 Feb 15 5/5)
6. SlayThe Spire (Switch Feb 16 4/5)

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
2: The Walking Dead Michonne. End: 1/1/2020. 4 Hours. Meh.

I don't think this game has the emotional pull as a lot of the other Telltale games because it has to work around the canon material. It robs the game of a lot of its impact if you know that the lead and several of her friends are just invincible. It was probably not the best idea to play this one immediately after finishing A New Frontier either.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Reserving a spot. Managed 64 games in 2019, most of which with all trophies. Will see how 2020 goes.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Got a switch baby!

22/52 COMPLETED

Death Stranding (PS4) - 45hours 30 min COMPLETED (JAN)

Whew boy, the final section was so much exposition dumping which does clarify the story quite a bit, even emotional too, but damn did that extend my usual 2-3hours gaming session. Overall, I loved my journey and experience with the game. Yes the game's beginning hours were a pain, so much so I stopped for a bit finish Nioh, but once that hurdle's over, the game finally clicked with me. The enemy in this game isn't those BTs, they're just part of the true enemy you're facing, the world itself. Figuring out the best path to take, planning what tools to bring, what things to abandon, hoping for another player's structure to help you out. Those are the best highlights of this game. Conversely, the lowlights of Death Stranding is the word salad of terms and names(Kojima, you need a fucking editor, please), Norman Reedus doesn't really get much lines in this game so it feels like he's underused and the worst part of the game is easily the boss fights, they were so mindnumbingly simple which goes along the message that traversal and exploration is the main theme but come on, this is a Hideo Kojima game, amazing/memorable boss fights are what makes his games his games! Least the goofiness/4th wall breaking elements are consistent with this one.

4/5 enjoyed it overall, loved this hiking/traversing sim.

1) Star Wars Republic Commando (GPD Win 1) - 7hours (JAN)
I am so getting in this. Damn shame this never got a sequel.

2) Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) 44hours 30min COMPLETED (JAN)
Holy shit was the final battle of Black Eagles fucking difficult on hard, had to lower it normal for that fight.

This is one of the best strategy games I've ever played, easily up there with the Advanced War games, Disgaea and Jeanne D'Arc. Loved the combat system and how diverse it felt when it came to classes and even attacks, from gambits to magic to close combat, loved the system to bits. The only thing I didn't during battles is when the mission involved has unlimited enemy respawn, that shit was fucking annoying but besides that, this combat is so so good. Visually, the character models look great but at the cost of the some very funky looking backgrounds. Regarding the social aspects, I did enjoy but sometimes did it feel like it got in the way of my enjoyment of the battles, hopefully the next one has less focus on social aspects or tone it down by a bit. Storywise, playing the Black Eagles route, it goes place I didn't expect for what I assumed would be just a fantasy high school story. There were some predictable story plots in there but the amount of surprises beats out that number of generic story cue so I really liked this story. The story was pretty decent to solid that I'm not sure I wanna go do the other routes, for now at least, I got way too attached to the Black Eagles house.

8.5/10 solid solid SRPG, must play! Unless you don't like social aspect.

3) Sayonara Wild Heart (Switch) 5hours COMPLETED (JAN)
Love loved this game's visuals and style but the rhythm aspect to could've been tightened up a bit. And holy heck do you need you fast reaction times for this game.

4/5 sayonara wild heart~

4) Celeste (Switch) 12hours COMPLETED (JAN)
What an amazing lovely pixel art platformer with tight controls and hand sweatingly fun levels with so much variety. The story also really tugged my heart. My only gripe, more so has to do with the Switch's controllers possibly, using the stick to move diagonally can be wonky at times, though to the point of stopping to play.

5/5 a must play for platformer lovers!

5) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) 11hours 30min COMPLETED (FEB)
This game is amazing looking on the Switch and with solid 60 fps, both docked and undocked, to boot too. I had enough fun with the game but I was kinda disappointed by the low number of controllable creatures in each level there are, also was weirded out by some of the levels having no music for a little while, making the experience a bit of a somber experience. I also don't like how Mario has to have a slow build up to run when most 3D platformers I've played has a constant speed.

4/5 for my first 3D mario game, it was decent.

6) Tokyo Xanadu ex+ (PS4) 60hours 30min COMPLETED (FEB)
This...this was such a long game, with some pretty podcasty combat(brain dead combat where I pass at the same time by playing a podcast in the background) that made me lean into "when is this game gonna end?!" mode. Graphically, it's not that great looking, which makes sense considering it's a port of a vita game. The story is pretty generic, along with even more generic enemies and little to no surprises throughout. What does however easily standout for this game is the NPCs. Every side character in this game have their own lil stories that have their own conclusions, and may even involve the main cast. I loved talking to NPCs like the cost saving mom and son, the Professor and the foreigner, etc.

3/5 it's ok, woulda played on the switch if I could.

7) Sniper Elite 4 (PS4) 12hours COMPLETED (MAR)
Story was utterly forgettable, the Angel seemed more of interesting character, more so than gruff mcgrufster voice MC here. Stealth mechanics could've been good but is marred by AI domino effect(one AI notices something and everyone near that one AI goes on alert) and the fact that if you try to shoot of cover for a stealth shot, your MC leans the fuck out of cover. Maps though I'll have to give props, each one was open and different and you're free to do anything and take your time approach is well appreciated. Music is forgettable.

2/5 meh.

8) God of War 3 Remastered (PS4) 9hours 30min COMPLETED (MAR)
Yeah, this game really shows this was a PS3 game, from it's graphics to even it's UI. I liked it enough but I did have some gripes with the game like the camera perspective, there were a handful of times where I'd fall to my death but thankfully checkpoints are constantly close by and brings you back to where you last died a few seconds before. Weapon variety felt just like slight variations of the Blades of Chaos, the only real standout being the Herculuean Gauntlets. Makes sense why most folks weren't complaining about the lack of these weapons in God Of War 2018. Story wise, boy did I feel like Kratos was fucking massive asshole and since that was the point of the story, props for making me feel bad for some of the villain characters of the game, poor Helios lol. Soundtrack's not all that impressive or all that memorable and the sound mixing here feels very weak.

Overall an 8/10.

9) Megaman Zero 1 (Switch) 3hours 15min COMPLETED (MAR)
Music is still great, controls are tight and the visual is just awesomely pixelated but the platforming can be finicky though. Disappointed that they didn't add in the ability to skip pre-boss fight dialogue(thankfully just a few seconds by button mashing the dialogue) or update the translation. It's so clunkily translated. Also I can't imagine doing this without even the checkpoint system, holy crap. Props to the people who did all these levels without dying once.

3.5/5 it's the beginning.

10) Megaman Zero 2 (Switch) 2hours 10min COMPLETED (MAR)
Similar to the first one, even in pacing.

3.5/5 an iterative sequel that doesn't really change up much.

11) Megaman Zero 3 (Switch) 2hours 30min COMPLETED (MAR)
Improved translation and a slight change but appreciated change for traversal. Story probably the most interesting of the bunch.

4/5 more Zero slashing but better English.

12) Megaman Zero 4 (Switch) 2hours 45min COMPLETED (APR)
I suppose fitting end to the Zero storyline, didn't like crafting system in this one and much preferred having to slowly unlock things as you progress and do more of a thing, along with the chip system.

3.5/5 I miss a bunch of stuff from Z2 and Z3, especially the previous NPCs.

13) Doom Eternal (PS4) 15hours (APR)
Finishing up Doom Eternal and trying to platinum it on ps4 and here's my final thoughts.

The story is pretty simple and straight forward enough, Doom Guy has to kill demons and save Earth with bits of his past kinda revealed, and there's not much I can complain bout that. I really enjoyed the little touches that Doom Guy does with his interactions during cutscenes, moments like for eg. him adjusting the crown on the guy's head added a bit of goofiness IMO to the story. Visually, the game looks grand, from it's varied and well designed levels(looking for secrets was part of the fun in this game) to it's variety of quick fun kill animations and to the hellscaped horizons, just so much rocking treats for the eyes.

Gameplay wise, I freaking loved my time with the game. The amount of weapons and options that all feed good to play with comboed with a movement system that incorporates smooth jumping and moving during combat made ripping and tearing demons to gibs and explosions so so addictive and added quite deep depth of strategy to a shooting game. I do think I stayed mostly with the shotgun and machine gun combo but I did switch out the weapons most of the times especially during Slayer Gates, plus all of them have their own uses against certain enemies(shotgun grenades for Marauders, laser for the armored floating ball demons eg). The music, Mick Gordon smashes it out of the park yet again and easily made another top notch OST I'll be listening for days! One of my favorites is the Cultist base theme, as you explore the layers of music that swells on as you explore, just damn atmospheric! There's just so much stuff packed into this sequel, especially when it comes to customizing Doom Guy, UI and even controls. Easily tops Doom 2016 for me.

The only negatives I truly had with the game is the swimming sections were kinda clunky, Doom Guy really needs swimming lessons, and while I enjoyed the mix up of platforming to break the pace of RIP AND TEARING, there were times during the campaign where I'd loose bits of life from either my own fault or the game not responding right or slamming into a wall. Oh and the bosses kinda sucked fights wise, I remember liking Doom 2016's bosses I guess a bit more than the ones in Doom Eternal. And the multiplayer is eh, it's fine.

Solid 9.5/10, just aces! I would be up for DLC, need more Doom Eternal! Besides more areas to fight in, I also wanna see stuff like the UAC lady who's full in on the Demon cool aide meeting Doom Guy.

14) Resident Evil 4 (PS4) 10hours 15min COMPLETED (APR)
A rather much shorter experience, not in terms of length but also in terms of content. It's also a slight more jankier than RE2R, had a few times where zombies spun back in an instant as I knifed them. Gameplay is mostly on par with RE2R aside from being able to counter zombie grabs, you would think a RE1 survivor along with a miliatry guy like Carlos, they'd be able to use some sort of way to counter, and that dodging system is kinda ok but much preferred RE2R's counter system. Really feels like there should've been more stuff in this campaign.

8.5/10 not a top 5 game but top 10 easily.

15) Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) - 41hours 30 min COMPLETED (MAY)
Personally lived up to the hype. Combat was much more engaging than FF15 ever was, characters and music is charming as hell and the story, while bit dragged down by some dialogue, was a fun enough ride to go through and visuals are amazing, besides the png backgrounds. Biggest gripes are the loading walks, the padding like the Train graveyard section, and holding down triangle for what are essentially simple button presses.

9/10, top 5, maybe GoTY even but got a half year left of possibly stronger games.

16) Megaman ZX (Switch) 7hours 45min COMPLETED (JUN)
The map display is confusingly and weirdly marked. Combat and movement is as tight as ever was, even compared to previous MMZ games plus the ability to switch forms on the go adds a lot more variety without having to depend on an obtuse upgrading system, the one in here is straightforward enough. The story is messy, had potential but never used any of the set ups or answers any questions all that concretely.

7/10.

17) The Last of Us Part II (PS4) - 28hours 30 min COMPLETED (JULY)
THE LAST OF US PART 2 SLIGHT SPOILERS BELOW AFTER HOUR 2 OF GAME

I enjoyed this sequel but IMO, it needed a bit more adjustment of sorts. Like it feels like you play way too long as Abby compared to Ellie, and I get what they were doing by doing that, yeah I got attached to Abby and her side of story and characters and I felt conflicted by the end but man, the game feels like it's 2/3rd Abby sections and Ellie 1/3rd sections.
Also kinda felt misled by the first reveal trailer, thinking it'd be a revenge story with Ellie and Joel but I wouldn't say I disliked what they did with Part 2's story, just wanted to see and play more Ellie. In the middle of playing through this game, I'd even have thoughts like the Abby sections would've been a great with her own game in a TLOU sequel or spin off and just felt like they included Ellie and Joel cause ND were scared off by the possibility of low sales if Joel and Ellie weren't included. I say this understanding how they fit into Part 2's story but it felt to me, they were sidelined in favor of Abby and her crew. Also Lev has to be going through his own set of PTSD after part 2, after his mom accidentally died and sister dying in front of his eyes in the same day and getting tortured/slaved at the Rattlers for months. Dude has got to have a, forgive the pun, scarred mind after all that.

Having said that, I did enjoy the gameplay aspects way more than Part 1. Controls great, enjoyed the shake up in enemy design from Part 1 and the switch up between stealth and action is never not fun. Plus visually, in HDR, the game is a freaking beauty in motion. Used to be FF7R was my GOTY, but I'd say TLOUP2 might have just topped that.

A solid 9/10, wish the Ellie/Abby sections were more balanced IMO.

18) Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) - 43hours 30 min COMPLETED (AUG)
Dasho! Dasho!

What a way to end this ps4 gen of exclusives, launching with Second Son and ending with Ghost of Tsushima. To be honest, I'd was skeptic of the close combat being bad, after having played the likes of Nioh 2 beta and Sekiro, but pleasantly surprised and had my doubts quelled. The combat in this game is stylish, fun and addictive and easily the best part of the game. While not as tight or precise as other souls games, it's a rather more laxed sense of combat albeit still just hard enough that you can die from simple mistakes. While I can drone on and on about the awesome stylish combat, the stealth however is rather ho hum after the constant barrage of stealth related theme of the 'ghost' marketing. The AI can easily be deceived by hiding even though you'd be so close to the enemy after entering a shut off tiny camp. Shame. Also the arrow and the skill gaining in this game is unbalanced and OP, by the 1st part of the island, Jin was blowing through mongols like scissors to a crumbly paper. One other highlight of the game is the soundtrack, it's easily one of the most memorable OSTs this year, with the unique bamboo pipe(?),quick violins and the vocals going uraaahh! Hyped me to get into combat.

Each of the story acts ended in such good endings, it's a shame that the main villain Khotul Khan is very much underused, plus there were some scenes that could've been edited a bit more to make them more impacting.

A solid 8/10 but for a first game in hopefully more to come, it's a great start.

19) Shadow of the Colossus Remake (PS4) - 7hours 20 min COMPLETED (AUG)
What a beautiful and stellar looking remake!

Bluepoint did an amazing job remaking this one, the visual updates are just insane motion. Everything far and near was spectacular to behold, the Colossi moving were awe gasping to watch, the distances and vistas, just chef's kiss. The only real downside to this remake was the drunk camera, which was the root of all my "why'd I fall down?!" problem. It's SoTC, a must play classic for any playstation owner but not something I'd recommend to folks who don't like solutions being told directly or feel it's obtuse, it's not, the answers are right there.

8.5/10, wish there was another camera control option, the sometimes drunk camera/camera swaying slightly gets in the way of an amazing remake.

20) LoZ: Breathe of the Wild (Switch) - 55hours COMPLETED (SEP)
Finally it's done...also Ganon is sooooo easy.

I love, love, love the sense of exploration in this game and the freedom to go wherever I wanted. Climbing high mountain sides to reach peaks from exhausting my stamina bar items to recover stamina, just so dang enjoyable. Visually, the game is impressive to look at, especially when undocked, just well craft and lived in open world, filled to the brim with content that just felt natural to discover. The story however was pretty uninteresting, I could care less about the Champions and their final look at Link was bleh. And the combat is simple and decent but marred by weapon breaking. I hate the weapon breaking system, it could've been ok had there been an unlimited weapon inventory like how there's unlimited food/material inventory but nah, it's limited, didn't like it at all.

9/10, great for exploring, not for it's story IMO.

21) One Piece: World Seeker(PS4) - 29hours COMPLETED (SEP)
Platinum get!

This is a good first step in hopefully a OP game franchise cause there is so much potential with this first one. They really nailed Luffy's movements and abilities BUT I hated how when you fly through the air, Luffy just stops in the middle of his arc and gravity just pulls him down. I liked how they nailed the stretchiness of Luffy BUT his strechiness is limited by how little you can grab onto outside buildings, there were so many times I wish could've grab the edge of a cliff instead of a pining hopes on a tree/grab-able man made object to grab onto. The combat is fun BUT is limited by pressing the square button, sure you can switch to Haki mode but combat gets so dull when it's just pressing the same dang button the whole time in the game. The story and the somewhat limited open world is very One Piece-ish but just the simple absurdity of these characters who would kill Luffy, just letting him go. Also the amount of times you face the same boss battles over and over made meeting their characters go from an OH NEAT to OH NOT AGAIN throughout the game. Oh and how this is basically Luffy game and no SH crew being used outsides cutscenes. Speaking of cutscenes, I vehemently disliked the black cut outs, it's just to hide budget restricted this game was given considering how the characters have to be rotated via black screen transitions.

7/10, a somewhat decent first step but the potential was super restricted. I'd imagine with more of a budget and going beyond just controllable Luffy, this could've been even an 8.5.

22) 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim 31hours 30min COMPLETED (OCT)
This was incredible from start to end!

Never have I ever played such a complexly interlinked set of stories that encompasses themes of sci fi, time travel, love and futurism so well, sure there have been some games that are close to this but 13 Sentinel takes it to the highest level of writing. How each character had their own storylines that then slightly connects with another's and then things start to make sense as each piece of the whole story tumbles down into place one after the other, making the big picture ever clearer with each progress you make, just so amazingly well done. Vanillaware also brings their A game when it comes to their art, presentation and menu, the only part was rather disappointing was the combat. When things get hectic, it can super hectic and chaotic to look at but I suppose considering how quick and easy battles are, it's not that much of a significant problem. The surprising part of 13 Sentinels is the soundtrack which had some real good tracks to the whole thing, definitely gonna be part of my playlists from this point on.

9.5/10, the only down part is the combat which could've adjusted and polished more, aside from that, an amazing game, an easy top 5 of 2020!

23) Submerged (PS4) - 2hours 30 min COMPLETED (OCT)
Super repetitive and kinda bland game and story. The amount of coconuts growing on buildings had me frustrated, they do now grow that way. Whoever made this game for sure doesn't live in a country where coconuts grow non-concrete grounds.

3/10, meh.

Last edited:

OmegaMori

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Did this last year and had a good time this year I plan to get more involved Let's see what I do in 2020.

2016:11
2017:16
2018:28
2019:59
2020:

Games Finished:0/52
Full madden season finished:
Madden Super Bowl Wins:

Last edited:

electroflame

Oct 26, 2017
Let's go, 2020! This'll make year number seven (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
Unfortunately, I didn't make time to write down my impressions, but I tried to abandon games I didn't like pretty early, so almost everything I completed I actually "liked" this year (or, at the very least, was short enough I could power through it)!

1: The Outer Worlds (Xbox One, ~30 hours)
2: Soulcalibur VI (PC, ~14 hours)
3: Minit (Xbox One, ~2 hours)
4: Minit - Second Run + Cleanup (Xbox One, ~1 hour)
5: Bleed 2 (PC, ~2 hours)
6: RAGE 2 (Xbox One, ~8 hours)
7: Remnant: From the Ashes (Xbox One, ~15 hours)
8: Darksiders III (Xbox One, ~12 hours)
9: My Friend Pedro (Xbox One, ~4 hours)
10: Yoku's Island Express (Xbox One, ~8 hours)
11: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One, ~9 hours)
12: Halo MCC: Halo 3: ODST (Xbox One, ~7 hours)
13: Halo MCC: Halo Reach (Xbox One, ~8 hours)
14: Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC, ~120 hours)
15: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade (PC, Included Above)
16: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis (PC, Included Above)
17: Assassin's Creed Odyssey: 100% Achievement Cleanup (PC, Included Above)
18: Untitled Goose Game (Xbox One, ~6 hours)
19: Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Xbox One, ~20 hours)
20: Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Xbox One, ~60 hours)
21: Tom Clancy's The Division 2: Warlords of New York (Xbox One, Included above)
22: A Plague Tale: Innocence (Xbox One, ~15 hours)
23: Bleeding Edge (Xbox One, ~10 hours)
24: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One, ~15 hours)
25: Gato Roboto (Xbox One, ~3 hours)
26: Children of Morta (Xbox One, ~25 hours)
27: Journey to the Savage Planet (Xbox One, ~10 hours)
28: Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion (Switch, ~10 hours)
29: Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One, ~6 hours)
30: Golf With Your Friends (Xbox One, ~5 hours)
31: Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One, ~25 hours)
32: Minecraft Dungeons: Adventurer (Xbox One, Included above)
33: Minecraft Dungeons: Apocalypse (Xbox One, Included above)
34: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch, ~25 hours)
35: The Surge 2 (Xbox One, ~40 hours)
36: The Surge 2: The Kraken (Xbox One, Included above)
37: The Surge 2: NG+ (Xbox One, Included above)
38: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (Xbox One, ~30 hours)
39: The Messenger (Xbox One, ~20 hours)
40: The Messenger: Picnic Panic (Xbox One, Included Above)
41: Street of Rogue (Xbox One, ~10 hours)
42: Totally Reliable Delivery Service (Xbox One, ~4 hours)
43: Yakuza Kiwami (Xbox One, ~30 hours)
44: The Touryst (Xbox One, ~5 hours)
45: Undermine (Xbox One, ~20 hours)
46: We Happy Few (Xbox One, ~25 hours)
47: Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (Switch, ~10 hours)
48: Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch, ~12 hours)
49: Touhou Luna Nights (Xbox One, ~8 hours)
50: Hot Shot Racing (Xbox One, ~5 hours)
51: Kingdom Hearts - HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (Xbox One, ~33 hours)
52: Tracks - The Train Set Game (Xbox One, ~1 hour)
53: Fractured Minds (Xbox One, ~1 hour)
54: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (Xbox One, ~2 hours)
55: The Gardens Between (Xbox One, ~3 hours)
56: Carrion (Xbox One, ~6 hours)
57: Battletoads (Xbox One, ~8 hours)
58: Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One, ~23 hours)
59: Undertale (Switch, ~8 hours)
60: Night in the Woods (Xbox One, ~10 hours)

Bonus "uncompleteable" game that I spent way too much time on this year:
61: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

And that's a wrap on 2020 -- here's to 2021!

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Is the other thread closed? Two years in a row I've finished more than 52 but forgot/got too lazy to finish tracking and post them all. RIP. Wonder if I will this year 😂

anyway last year was 66 for me. But I do NOT want to finish anywhere near that Lang this year. Hell, I don't even care to achieve 52. I want to finish my backlog finally, and luckily, it's somewhere around 30 games now (ignoring games that I haven't bought or coming this year).

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Reserving. Currently almost finished with Metroid Prime for the first time. Hype!