• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
yakuza0.jpg

14. Yakuza 0 (PS4) Feb 25 30 Hrs ★★
Majima > Kiryu

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
main post

7. Fortnite: Battle Royale Chapter 2 (PC), ~100 hours, Feb 20
This game is hard to put down, all the seasonal stuff makes you want to keep playing so you don't miss stuff. Its time for me to move on though. I also just don't think the game is as fun as it was in the earlier seasons anymore. It's still unfortunately the only Battle Royale game with big team modes like 20v20 or 50v50. Some other BR needs to copy that already, it was fun to just mess around with other people instead of being hardcore trying to be the last one standing all the time.

8. Fortnite: Save the World (PC) ~100 hours, Feb 21
Bought this back in December when it went on sale. At first it was only because the game gave you daily v-bucks that I could then spend in the BR mode. But after playing this game enough, I started liking it more than the BR mode. It's a fun tower defense kinda game. This side of Fortnite gets like almost no support from the devs though and it's hard to find people to play with since it's kinda dead. Wish this game took off instead of the Battle Royale.

9. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PC) ~70 hours (5.1+5.2), Feb 22
I have over 6000 hours total in this game. It's definitely one of my all time favorites. Ever since I started working evening shifts though, it hasn't been all that enjoyable anymore. I work right through the NA prime time so by the time I log on and play the party finder is kinda dead and it's hard to find a free company or static that plays around those times. Playing solo is only fun for so long. I'll still log in like every one or two major patch just to do the story content but no more grinding the gear treadmill and all that for me.

As for the actual game content, 5.1 and 5.2 have been great. The Nier and Eden raid are much more interesting than Stormblood and the Shadowbringers main story continues to be excellent. It still surprises me how the battle designers can keep coming up with mechanics that make the game's rather dull battle system feel actually fun. Oh and bless Soken for the amazing soundtrack he just keeps pumping out.

fVEFGUx.png

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
22: Yakuza Kiwami. End: 2/26/2020. 22 Hours. Liked-A-Lot.

Going to this remake immediately after beating 0 maybe wasn't the best idea, but I really did appreciate seeing the true beginning of the series. I don't think the narrative was as strong as 0's. The combat, which feels largely the same as 0's, still seems like one of the weaker parts of this game. Lots of things to do. Lots of fun to be had. And there's plenty more Yakuza to come.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ZQXpcNN.jpg

Game #12 - Picross Lord of the Nazarick
Time: 40 hours
Rating: ★★★★

A anime offshoot of the Picross S series, so even tho I don't know (or care really) about the anime, you play these games obviously for the puzzles, and this has a ton of content between normal puzzles, mega puzzles, color puzzles and more. The art is nice and the puzzles are great (it's my first of the S series so I really enjoy the quality of life stuff compared to other picross games, like the tip roulette for example), so if you want more picross in your life, and I always do, this is easily recommended.

Main Post

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Master Post

Update #005

19. Sonic Mania | PC | Completed 22/02/2020 | ★★★

I have a lot of nostalgia for 2D Sonic. The Mega Drive was the first console I ever had and it came packed in with Sonic 2 and I played *a lot* of it growing up. Sonic Mania hits a lot of those pleasure centers for me, but I found a lot of the new additions to the formula to be either boring or outright bad. The frustration of the gravity balls or whatever they are was enough to sour me on a lot of the good in this game. I'm glad it exists and I can understand why people are so high on it, but there were enough frustrating elements for it to be just A Good Sonic, which is still a pretty big achievement. It's still pretty shocking a sequel to this hasn't been announced yet and I really hope they're working on it

20. Sonic Forces | PC | Completed 24/02/2020 |

Look. I understand this game isn't that good. I get it. It's pretty janky. It's *very* short and super easy. It's also kind of ugly, with some of the pre-rendered cutscenes looking like they are from Sonic Heroes or something. BUT I have a huge soft spot for it that I can't really explain. The tone of the story of this game is so bonkers, with Sonic being a POW who is continually tortured for *six months*. That alone makes this game so weird and interesting that it's enough for me to like it. Them leveraging the fact that people have been making Sonic OC's for decades is really smart and I'm surprised it took them this long, but the actual creation tools are pretty limited and every created character sort of ends up looking the same. I can't really articulate *why* I like this game so much, especially after I bounced off of Generations pretty hard the last time I played it, but I like it! Sometimes bad things are just good and I think this is good! Sue me!!

21. Can Androids Pray | PC | Completed 26/02/2020 |

This is a short visual novel (it describes itself as sitcom length) about two people in crashed mechs talking about the nature of life and death as they countdown the hours until they die. It's interesting and well written with some really good music. It's a cool experience, but maybe not one that is really going to stick with me. It's nice and sweet and you can tell the other person to fuck off a bunch if you want to.

22. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII | Playstation 2 (PCSX2) | Completed 27/02/2020 |

I've heard people say this game was bad since it was released and I always just assumed that they meant it was bad to play or whatever but, oh boy, this game fucking sucks! The story and tone of this game is so, so awful that it truly made me mad while playing it. I checked out pretty early in the story because it's just such nonsense. It's nonsense in a vacuum but, in the context of it being a follow up to Final Fantasy VII and existing in that same world with those same characters? It's just awful. Some of the cutscenes in this game felt like they rivalled Death Stranding in length and tedium. I would have skipped them but it was occasionally fun to see the backgrounds and locations rendered much, much higher than they ever were in the original Final Fantasy VII. Getting to revisit Kalm and Shinra Mansion was novel and fun, but really that's the only positive thing I can say about this game. It's just dismal in every sense of the word. Easily the worst game I've played so far this year.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
43. Shank
header.jpg

Among the earliest PS3 games I got was this series, but I hadn't gotten around to playing it back then due to other stuff.
I recently decided to go through it and...well it was a rather dull game. Repetitive to say the least, and while they try to spurce things up with some light platforming sections, they weren't enough to improve the oveall game experience.
It's just going from screen to screen slicing and shooting up enemies. I will give it credit for having enemies be able to avoid or dodge your attacks allowing them to have a chance at damaging you though, but all in all, I don't think it aged well.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
11. Wolfenstein 2 - The New Colossus (XB1) 5/5

433624-wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

The only criticism I can offer comes down to the implementation of the weapon wheel. I don't love that it's mapped to the same button as grenades, making it so you can't cook grenades. Also, with as brutal as this game can be, the weapon wheel really should slow/pause the action while you are changing weapons.

Those small issues aside, I absolutely loved my time with Wolfenstein 2. It's simply a very good game with a great story. This is an FPS with characters I care about, a protagonist I understand and empathize with, stakes that matter, and a story that is at once personal and globe-spanning.

Master Post

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #13 - Children of Morta
Time: 15 hours
Rating: ★★★★★

One of my favorites in a long time, this action rpg rogue-lite hit all the right notes and the end result is one of those special games that feels like a real labour of love. From the absolutely fantastic pixel art style with forgeous animations and a ton of little details everywhere, the great soundtrack and voice acting from the story's narrator, and shockingly good writing with a story focusing on the family which makes every one of the playable characters feel important, everything just feels well crafted. Great gameplay aswell, with every character feeling unique, and the togue-lite nature meta system being one of the best as when you level up your various characters, they get passives and items that affect the remaining family members, just very well done and makes you want to play everyone. I can't recomend this enough if you like these types of games, especially since it feels more like a "normal" single player rpg than most rogue-likes.

header.jpg

Game #14 - The Mummy Demastered
Time: 6 hours
Rating: ★★

Pretty disappointed with this one as I heard great things, but at the end of the day it's a very run-of-the-mill metroidvania with some really frustrating gameplay moments and nothing making it stand out, except I guess for it being a decent licensed game. The graphics are the best part as it has some really good pixel art, and the gameplay is alright for the most part except it uses old school style enemy collision that makes you get "pushed" back in the air (think the NES Castlevania games) which causes a bunch of missed jumps and it's super annoying. Add to that bosses that feel incredibly bullet spongy, and the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. It's not terrible, and the exploration and zones are good, and I guess for a lincesed game it's the most bizarre project, but still, it's a C-tier metroidvania that only the most hardcore fanboys of the genre (like me) should bother with.

Main Post

Last edited:

Whimsicalish

Dec 30, 2019
Midwest
17 | Megaquarium
hU4RuC5.png

PC Steam | Feb 27 | 30 hrs | 5/5

I absolutely love this game. Adorable management game about building your own aquarium. I completed the story mode, all 10 chapters. It can be bit challenging but it wasn't difficult on normal. You can adjust the difficulty settings. There's also a sandbox mode if you rather mess around more creativity than manage money.

Wonderful graphics and detail of color and patterns on each species. There's a small note of information on each animal so I was learning as I played. I grew up on Zoo Tycoon so I'm a huge sucker for animal management games. This was fun, educational, and I wanted nothing more than each animal to be happy. Totally recommend this if you want something chill and relaxing.

Main Post

Last edited:
Main Post

Finished 2 games last weekend, I wanted to wrap up my adventure in Enderal, but I still have some works to do, well I hope when the new semester started I can provide some time to finished Enderal.

4. Uncharted 3:Drake's Deception | 19th Feb - 18hrs | 3/5
Uncharted 3 is a fine game, not as good as Uncharted 2 but I still kinda liked it. The shooting is a bit better, but the pacing a bit off. There are some section that dragged longer than necessary. I still enjoy my time with it tho.

5. Megaman X-8 | 20th Feb - 4hrs | 4/5
Finally finished my backlog , after finished the game I actually love the game, there are some grinding but replaying the stage is pretty fun. The graphic is nice, the music is good and the gameplay is fun. Overall X-8 is way better game than X-7.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Update 8!

What a delightful set of games! It feels crazy to go from 31 beaten games in January to 9 games in February, but it has been nice to dive into these longer games like Dark Souls II, Subnautica, Horizon and some more games I have not finished yet.
Finishing my third playthrough of Horizon ZD on the day of its third anniversary wasn't planned at all btw. That was a fun coincidence!

HTsyc53.png

36. A Short Hike (PC) | 18th Feb - 2hrs | 5/5 | 100% Completion

Prior knowledge:
None really. I have heard a lot of praise for it but nothing about what it actually is so I was very curious.​

The positives:
Everything! I understand why people love it, it's one of the most charming games I've played in a long time. It reminded me a bit of The Touryst in how it just drops you in a place and then you're free to do a multitude of things at your own pace. Loved the look of it and all the colorful characters you meet.​

The negatives:
Nothing at all! Go play it!​

7S7VnK0.png

37. Paperbark (PC) | 18th Feb - 1.5hrs | 4/5 | 100% Completion

Prior knowledge:
None at all. I got it in the Humble Australia Fire Relief Bundle and it looked cute.​

The positives:
The game is pretty basic, you just click on the ground to make the little wombat move through a beautiful watercolor world. There are different collectibles to find by exploring a little but nothing spectacular in any way. But that's fine! It doesn't need to do more.​

The negatives:
Nothing specific but I think I would have liked a little more "substance" to it all.​

QToBiO5.png

38. Firewatch (PC) | 18th Feb - 4hrs | 5/5 | 100% Completion

Prior knowledge:
I played through the game once at release.​

The positives:
This game is still fascinating during a second playthrough, but for different reasons of course. Since the story is the biggest part of the game and saying anything is basically a spoiler I can't really mention much here. I love the story and the characters. The game is gorgeous and nice to spend time with. Simply a wonderful game.​

The negatives:
I can't think of anything. No not even that thing "everyone" dislikes ;)​

S6VsWnB.png

39. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (PS4) | 21st Feb - 35hrs | 5/5 | 100% Completion in both NG and NG+

Prior knowledge:
I had finished the main game but never played the expansion.​

The positives:
The whole thing! The area, machines, characters, story and lore are superb. It's a perfect expansion to a perfect game. I couldn't be happier with it. The first time I played TFW was right before the point of no return in the main game but when I started NG+ I rushed there as soon as possible to see how it would change things. The differences in dialogue both in the expansion and the main game depending on when you play it were great.​

The negatives:
After two complete playthroughs I was actually a little happy to get out of the snow even tho it looks stunning. The area isn't big but I think there could have been a little more variety there. That's the only thing I can think of that is even remotely negative.​

ws1slmg.png

40. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) | 28th Feb - 65hrs | 5/5 | 100% Completion in both NG and NG+

Prior knowledge:
I played through the game once at release, grabbing the platinum and collecting all the optional logs. I considered the game one of my favs back then and I think I like it even more now.​

The positives:
Basically everything I said about The Frozen Wilds, but this is a little better thanks to the great variety in locations and characters. One thing that was really nice was to be able to pick the other two Flashpoint choices that I never saw when I played the game three years ago. Both my SO and I went with the "insight" options during our first playthrough so I couldn't even experience the other options through him. Now I played a compassionate Aloy followed by an confrontational one in New Game+. I was worried I was gonna like her less that last playthrough due to the short lines you see with the choices, but I actually think it is my favorite!​

The negatives:
Nothing. This is one of the very best games I have ever played.​

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
ending the month with some Miku
main post

10. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39's (Switch) 8 hours, Feb 28
The last time I played one of these was Project Diva F on the Vita. Didn't want to wait for the western release so I just grabbed the JP version.

So first, I had to buy an 8bitdo adapter to use my PS4 controller. I tried playing with a Switch pro controller and the joy-cons but their d-pads just felt uncomfortable to play with.
There's a hundred or so songs in the game but I only ended up liking around a dozen of them. Who knows though, maybe they'll grow on me. Most of the "classic" songs that everyone likes seem to be gone and they're being sold as DLC instead so that sucks.
I don't think the new Mix mode plays all that great, you have to use the joy-cons and physically move them around but they're too stuttery to get any precise inputs.

The main rhythm game is still fun as I remember though.

nJiP2dM.png

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
February's done, and I'm still ahead of the curve! We'll see if that keeps up now that we're finally seeing the first wave of big 2020 releases.

Yakuza 3 represents a rare revisiting of a game I'd already played. But the first time around was almost a decade ago, and it was my first time with a Yakuza game. With a pitiful 11% completion, I set out this time to see more of what the game had to offer, and I think I did a pretty good job! It feels a little old in some ways, and it's probably the least polished modern Yakuza, thanks to the Kiwami re-releases. But as far as I'm concerned, Okinawa and the orphanage are crucial parts of Kiryu's story, and it was really nice to revisit Ryukyu.

It was also great to finally cross Metro Exodus off the list. I struggled to get through the first third or so of the game at launch, and for a long time I wondered if I'd ever make it back. I worried that the Caspian Sea would be as painful and tedious to get through as the Volga; luckily, I was wrong. Exodus really picks up the pace after that, and by the end my opinion of the game had improved dramatically. So far, no Metro game has let me down, and hopefully that's a streak that will continue in the years to come.

Two game club games this time: I was a bit late finishing up Hellblade, but managed to get The Sexy Brutale in under the wire. Hellblade was a pretty enjoyable playthrough; I surprisingly didn't have huge problems with the combat like other people did. Then again, I'm also someone who found Enslaved: Odyssey to the West's combat perfectly fine, which I think is an unpopular opinion. Senua's story was engrossing, though I can't speak fully to its mental health credentials. I'm especially curious to see where they take her in the next game; Hellblade is not a game I would've necessarily marked for a sequel. The Sexy Brutale, meanwhile, was a game I was worried would be a slog to get through, and with so many other games on the go it was easy to ignore it for a while. I did eventually come back to give it one more chance, and found that my worries were groundless.

What's next? I've got a bunch of backlog RPGs lined up for the next few months, but for March specifically I'm hoping to finally finally finish Horizon Zero Dawn, a game I played an hour of at launch and then didn't touch at all until a week ago. I'll probably crack open Rune Factory 4, and I'm hoping to beeline to the end of Pokemon Let's Go Eevee just to get it out of the way (weirdly, it was a lot easier to stay motivated through Pokemon Shield). And of course, because 100+ hours wasn't enough last year, I'll be going back to The Division 2 when the expansion hits. Maybe somewhere in there I can finish a few small games to keep the momentum going.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
44. Ben there, Dan that
hqdefault.jpg

With the release of a new game in the series, I decided to go back and replay the first game, and while the puzzles and solution to them are well designed, I didn't enjoy the humor and some story bits all that much. It has some good moments but it didn't impress much by the time I finished it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Original post

45. Portal 2
portal-2-art-of-59.jpg

A good game to wrap up the month with~
Really great game, though I do feel it could've been a miiiiiiiiiiiiite shorter. Non the less I really enjoyed the campaign mode and the puzzles were really fun to solve. Fantastic game all around, though I do need someone to one day play and help me finish the co-op campaign XD
I'd give Wheatly another chance

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Feb was 4 games less than Jan for me but some longer titles. Still on track for 52 though.
February
10. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) Feb 2 5 Hrs ★★

Well I liked it more than Deponia but not much more. I'd buy 3 & 4 but they got to be cheap. Like $5 or less cheap.

11. Thimbleweed Park (PS4) Feb 5 10 Hrs ★★★★
I enjoyed the humor, the puzzles, and gameplay. Maybe got a tad bit too long by the end but overall quite enjoyed my time with it.

12. A Plague Tale: Innocence (Xbox One) Feb 12 12 Hrs ★★
Absolutely amazing game. Phenomenal voice acting and story. I played it on Gamepass and I might just have to buy it to show some support.

13. Quantum Break (Xbox One) Feb 20 8 Hrs ★★
Absolutely loved this game. Don't know why it took me so long to play. Action was tight, had a good story and performances across the board were great. Would love a sequel.

14. Yakuza 0 (PS4) Feb 25 30 Hrs ★★
Majima > Kiryu

OP
www.resetera.com

52 Games. 1 Year. 2020.

I'm in. 2020 is the year of clearing out the backlog for me and I always love reading this thread so lets go! STATUS: 67/52 Games

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
46. Karateka (2012)
2017732-660673_20121107_003.jpg

Maybe someday I'll be able to save Mariko without having the hero be kicked off the mountain to his death, until then, the Monk will do for now.
It's a little tricky to time the block on some enemy attacks, as mashing doesn't necessarily work all the time.

47. Reversion Ch. 1
header.jpg

No wonder this game is $1 on Steam, it's pretty short! The main objective is to simply escape the hospital our amnesiac hero wakes up in. Alas the English localization leaves much to be desired but it had a few funny moments.

48. Reversion Ch. 2
header.jpg

More areas to explore this time but umm...still short :P 7 years after Ch. 2 released and Ch. 3 just released on steam recently. Gonna hold off on getting til I hear good things about it but I may get it just to complete the series :V

Last edited:

Whimsicalish

Dec 30, 2019
Midwest
18 | AER Memories of Old
JX0rol4.png

PC Steam | Feb 29 | 3.5 hrs | 4/5

An adventure, platform, and puzzle game all in one. I really liked the open world. You're thrown into it after learning the basics. Little push to the direction of your objectives. It really wants you to explore on your own. There's no fighting or fear of fall damage. It made the experience laid back. You can wander around inside caves and old buildings, then outside you transform seamlessly into a bird to fly. It's pretty dang cool.

It was a short experience. I kind of wish it was a bit longer. But I'm glad none of it felt like filler. The low poly art style is fantastic with the whimsy world and the music/audio is really wonderful. I would recommend it if you want (another) chill experience.

Main Post

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Main Post

19. Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox)
49603672542_675fa1a29f_h.jpg

20. Two Point Hospital (Xbox)
49603413646_2a785e14b1_h.jpg

21. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
49603413131_257c660810_h.jpg

long time since a last update, again I havent written anything for them but I swear one of these days ill go back on all of em and have at least something small for each iv just been really busy!

Last edited:

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Call-of-Juarez-Gunslinger-Banner-ds1-1340x1340.png

Game 7 - Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PC) (4 Hours) (3/5) (March 1st, 2020)
After a month off, finally started a new game with Call of Juarez. Call of Juarez has some of the most satisfying shooting mechanics I've ever had the pleasure to use. The game also looks incredibly good for a 2013 game, the art style is timeless and really brings the Wild West to life. I do feel like levels end to quickly at times and the game rushes to standoffs and that's the main reason why I don't rate it higher.

Main Post

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I didn't think to post real time updates and have just been editing the original post, so here, I suppose I can start doing live updates.

COMPLETION COUNTER: 14/52

Latest Completion:

16f6b7d3898102b71b94af55761dd401.png

14. Amorous (PC) | 1st March - 2hrs | 2/10
Amorous is a friendly, sexually utopic furry dating sim featuring in-depth gender, sexuality, and appearance customization. It largely caters to the LGBTQ+ Community, bet there are some straight pairings as well. Ultimately, this is a porn game. Uncensored, each route features a graphic and animated sex scene. It's this reward that serves as the primary motivator. Unfortunately, it also suffers the same issues as other porn-with-plot games. Bland, paper-thin characters, poor background art, and an overall lack of polish. Additionally, there has been some controversy involving the lead animator, so it's a relatively safe skip unless you are dying to see the animated sex scenes.

Full List in Original Post

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fatyoshi - 13/52 games (8 new, 5 replays)

---

D5EFsxr.png

Game 11 – Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS) – 10h 35m – 5/5

Still one of my favorite games of all time five playthroughs in.

Just a full package for me. I love the aesthetics, characters, story, and everything here. The soundtrack is probably my favorite attached to a video game ever.

Sometimes I think if this and the other CING games came a few years later and either saw a release on Steam or even the Switch instead they would've found more of a fanbase/footing. It wasn't meant to be though. I miss them so much. :(

2nrs8ml.png

Game 12 – Human Fall Flat (XB1) – 10h 35m – 2.5/5

It's fine.

Puzzle platformers are a bit finicky for me in terms of enjoyment and this was def on the more difficult end of things to fully get in to. The controls/physics (while unique and fun in theory) wear out their welcome a few levels in. I'm sure it makes for some interesting stuff upon replays or with speedruns but seeing as I only played this once and don't really want to go back I'm left with it as it is.

Seeing games like this take off/find audiences makes me not want to hear shit from those same people when they try to complain about the original Resident Evil and Tomb Raider games tbh.

2jHQlKh.png

Game 13 – The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) – 12h 5m – 3.5/5

It's Link's Awakening. My second favorite Zelda game so I obviously enjoyed it but I was hoping for this to be a bit more special as a remake. (For reference I gave the original a 4.)

I had a bit of a rough go with the art style (it did grow on me) but the big issue was the blur effect. I acknowledge that it was an aesthetic choice and I know why they did it but it was awful for me. Add in the choppy framerate when transitioning between "areas" and this was the closest I've come to experiencing motion sickness in a game. I'm sure this all fares a bit better docked/on a tv but Link's Awakening is a handheld game through and through for me.

Ocarina of Time 3D stays the best example of a remake in the series. At least this one didn't mangle whole gameplay elements like Majora's Mask 3D did.

Palomitero

Jan 2, 2018
Barcelona
February update

Main post here

7qjnVly.jpg

4- MHW:Iceborne -120h -4/5

Great expansion with tons of new content, monsters and gimmicks for all the weapons.

Furthermore, Capcom keeps adding free content via events with more monsters and gear.

5- YS VIII: DANA -38h (100%) - 5/5

This series it is known for being from very good to solid, but this game is at another level.

Automatic one of my favorite JRPG ever.

Amazing gameplay, great and interesting story, charismatic characters, world building, superb OST and TONS of little things to do. The OST is pure magic.

Now to wait for NISA to announce YS IX.

6- Legends of Runeterra - timesink- 3/5

Early to tell because of the early stages of the game but it's fun to play for now, and the game showers you with cards even if you play super casual.

7- SuperCrushKO -3h- 3/5

Amazing surprise here, great indie Beat 'em up style with a lot of skills that allows you to do really fancy combos.

Best indie so far at 2020. FUN

ezgif-7-3bb1600d2f3b.gif

8- The Suicide of Rachel Foster -2h- 3/5

Interesting setting this graphical adventure. Starts comfy but it gets darker the further you play. The story and the voice acting hooks you.

Enjoyable short game.

9- Total War Warhammer 2 –The Shadow and The Blade DLC- 18h- 3/5

Another great DLC by create assembly, at this day it's the most complete total war package ever.

Now playing:

Banner of the Maid

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
Great reviews, thoughts and musing everyone! My wish list gets longer every time I read this thread.

My February has been super busy with work stuff but I've managed to put in a couple of completions nonetheless.

Main Post

My thoughts on the games I completed in February:

header.jpg

GAME #07: Sky Force Reloaded
Infinite Dreams - PC - ★★★☆☆

Completion State:
Completed all the levels on normal and hard, about half on insane and a few on nightmare (25 hours 40% achievements)

Comments:
Pretty much what it does what it says on the tin. It's more Sky Force! I still think I'd prefer if the difficulty levels were able to selected from the off rather than by completing all four mission requirements on the previous difficulty but that's mainly as I'm not a fan of the stay untouched requirement as it's just not as fun as playing fast and loose.

All in all, a fun and pretty shoot-em-up that I will probably continue to play here and there when I just want something simple but challenging.

header.jpg

GAME #08: Half-Life 2
Valve - PC - ★★★☆☆

Completion State:
Completed the game (22 hours 72% achievements)

Comments:
Since I bought a PC that I could use for gaming I have been trying to play a few PC classics here and there and after playing through Half-Life a few years ago I thought it time to try Half-Life 2. Honestly, I think much of the game doesn't hold up particularly well outside of conceptually but the ending is still great and the gravity gun is great fun so I guess it redeems itself. I think it would have been impressive back in it's day though and it was still worth a play through now just for the historical aspect.

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Master Post

Weekly Update 9: I finished 2 games this week both expansions/dlc's to games I love.

12. Metro Exodus: Sam's Story - Another great piece of dlc. Really love the world building they do in these games. The final decision was a tough one to make and now to look up the other ending.

13. Pillars of Eternity: White March (both expansions) - Not quite as good as the main game, but it did have an excellent soundtrack and the dungeons were really well done.

Currently Playing:
1. Yakuza 4 - Not to far in as I'm currently on Chapter 2. Love the series so I'm excited to keep playing.

2. Call of Cthulhu - Currently on Chapter 4. Hasn't quite got it's hooks in me will give it another chapter or 2.

3. Resident Evil Revelations - Just started it not far into it. 1st time playing it so excited to keep digging in.

I ended up starting and dropping The Sexy Brutale. Wasn't feeling it and not my type of game so the odds were stacked against it to begin.

Whimsicalish

Dec 30, 2019
Midwest
19 | Tiny Echo
PC Steam | March 01 | 1.7 hrs | 3/5
M3kl5qF.png

Surreal point and click adventure game. You're objective is to deliver letters to the creatures/spirits (?). The art style is wonderful and perfectly fits this whimsical, dreamlike environment. The background and the creatures have amazing use of color and textures. The audio and music is another highlight of the game.

You're encouraged to wander around and explore. There is no dialogue but everything was straightforward. It wasn't necessary. (Other than maybe the story and trying to understand what is going on lol.) But the mystery was a nice touch.

It is very short and my time includes collecting all the achievements in Steam. It was a nice short experience. I would recommend.

Main Post

Lobotomaxx

Dec 30, 2019
Nebraska
12/52.

Ea37uzy.jpg

World of Warcraft: Visions of N'Zoth | Battle Net | 3/5 | ~12 hours | played with Whimsicalish
It's all right, it is more World of Warcraft. I didn't play this patch nearly as much as I have played previous patches partly because I'm trying to play more games (hence this post). I got my legendary cloak and leveled it several times and ran the recycled zones that were corrupted several times as well. The opening quest line to unlock all the new content took about a third of the time we played this, so it wasn't just sort of tacked on. I didn't really care for the new "corruption" effect on items as I tend to not pay close enough attention while questing and would stand in bad stuff all the time. I will likely get the new expansion later this year (?) when it releases, but now have an excuse to cancel my subscription.

Main Post

Whimsicalish

Dec 30, 2019
Midwest
20 | World of Warcraft: Vision of N'Zoth
32V23Is.png

Battle Net | March 01 | ~12 hrs | 3/5

Played this newest patch with Lobotomaxx. It felt like the same formula with WoW. Start a quest line to introduce the story, begin the daily quests, and repeat. I do like how the higher corruption had effects on your character, like they were slowing drifting into madness. I didn't get as many negative effects as Lobo did while we were playing ha.

I think starting something new in WoW is fun at first but once I was hitting the dailies, it just felt like work. I was encouraged by this challenge to hit my backlog and other games had my attention more than this patch. I understand why the dailies are there for people unlike me that have maybe this sole game to play. But I see other shiny games to play in the meantime. Maybe when the expansion comes out. Eh.

Main Post

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
header.jpg

Game #15 - Bastion
Time: 7 hours
Rating: ★★★★

I love when I replay games and they are just as good as I remember them. Still the same awesome isometric action game from back in 2011 (wow it's almost 10 years old), this replay was on the Switch and it looks gorgeous on the small screen. The game itself is still a tight action adventure with great gameplay, tons of weapons to get and upgrade, fantastic visuals and soundtrack, great voice acting (mainly the narrator but still) and perfect length, just overall one of my favorites in a long time, and this Switch version is just as good, as it feels fantastic portable.

Main Post

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Main Post
January

February
9. Journey to the Savage Planet (PS4 - 11 hours) February 2nd : Surprised by it, bought it on a whim after seeing a review. It was fun but became pretty repetitive during the end game
10. Proteus (PC - 30 minutes) February 7th : Cleaning out the backlog, boring game, but looked nice
11. The Adventure Pals (PC - 7 hours) February 9th : More fun than I thought it'd be, but like Journey to the Savage Planet, by the end game, it gets way too repetitive
12. Wide Ocean Big Jacket (PC - 1 hour) February 14th : Enjoyable if a bit short for the price.
13. Eastshade (PC - 6 hours) February 16th : Interesting world; I thought it'd be more of a walking simulator, but it had more to it. Definitely helped to have played Leaving Lyndow before
14. Kona (PC - 2 hours) February 22nd : Was interesting at first, then I stopped enjoying it due to performance issues and time taken to figure out where to go next

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
No fancy banners, but, so I actually don't forget.

9. Fire Emblem 3 Houses: Cindered Shadows (5hrs, Switch)
10. Fire Emblem 3 Houses: Verdant Wind (45hrs, Switch)

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
A little late to the party here but I think I'm off to a decent start

New plays: 22 / replays: 32

1. Resident Evil 2 (XOne) | 12th Jan - 7 hrs | 5/5
2. Gradius (NES) | 19th Jan - 1 hrs | 4/5
3. Kung Fu (NES) | 19th Jan - 1 hrs | 4/5
4. Out Run (Arcade) | 18th Feb - 1 hrs | 4/5
5. The Outer Worlds (XOne) | 19th Feb - 26hrs | 4/5
6. Daytona USA (Arcade) | 20th Feb - 1hrs | 4/5
7. Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) | 26th Feb - 13hrs | 4/5
8. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (XOne) | 1st Mar - 2hrs | 4/5
9. Mr. Driller G (Arcade) | 21st Mar - ½ hrs | 4/5
10. Untitles Goose Game (XOne) | 22nd Mar - 2hrs | 4/5
11. Tetris The Grand Master 2+ (Normal Mode) (Arcade) | 22nd Mar - ½ hrs | 5/5
12. Guardian Heroes (Xbox 360) | 22nd Mar - 1 hrs | 5/5
13. Portal (Xbox 360) | 22nd Mar - 2 hrs | 4/5
14. Ori and the Blind Forest (XOne) | 29th Mar - 7½ hrs | 4/5
15. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XOne) | 4th Apr - 16½ hrs | 4/5
16. Blazing Chrome (XOne) | 6th Apr - 3 hrs | 4/5
17. Dead Space: Ignition (X360) | 7th Apr - 2hrs | 3/5
18. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) | 9th Apr - 3hrs | 5/5
19. Outrun Online Arcade (X360) | 9th Apr - ½ hrs | 5/5
20. Super Mario Bros (NES) | 13th Apr - ½ hrs | 4/5
21. Victory Heat Rally (PC) | 14th Apr - ½ hrs | 4/5
22. Aces of the Galaxy (X360) | 15th Apr - 2 hrs | 3/5
23. Elevator Action Returns (PS2) | 17th Apr - 1 hrs | 4/5
24. Street of Rage 4 (XOne) | 8th May - 2 hrs | 5/5
25. Toki (Xbox One) | 19th May - 1 hrs | 4/5
26. Resident Evil 3 (Xbox One) | 4th Jun - 7 hrs | 4/5
27. DiRT Showdown (Steam) | 13th Jun - 6 hrs | 2/5
28. Deathsmiles (Xbox 360) | 14th Jun - 1hrs | 5/5
29. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) | 24th Jun - 7hrs | 4/5
30. Bioshock Remastered (XOne | 1st Jul - 15hrs | 5/5
31. The Simpsons Hit & Run (GameCube) | 3rd Jul - 12hrs | 4/5
32. Contra (Xbox 360) | 4th Jul - 7 minutes | 4/5
33. Super Mario 64 (N64) | 11th Jul - 14th hours | 4/5
34. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | 12th Jul - 12 hours | 4/5
35. Neo Turf Master (Arcade) | 28th Jul - 4 hours | 4/5
36. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Xbox 360) | 8th Aug - 8 hours | 4/5
37. Fall Guys (PS4) | 8th Aug - 2 hours | 4/5
38. Battletoads (XOne) | 7th Sep - 4 hours | 2/5
39. Hotshot Racing (XOne) | 10th Sep - 2 hours | 5/5
40. Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (Dreamcast) | 16th Sep - ½ hours | 5/5
41. Dodonpachi Blissful Death (iOS) | 18th Sep - 1 hours | 5/5
42. Darius Burst Second Prologue (iOS) | 19th Sep - 1 hours | 5/5
43. Maniac Mansion Deluxe (PC) | 3rd Oct -1 hours | 4/5
44. Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (Dreamcast) | 5th Oct - 3 hours | 5/5
45. Xeno Crisis (XOne) | 7th Oct - 10 hours | 5/5
46. Street Rod (Amiga) | 16th Oct - 1 hours | 4/5
47. Grand Theft Auto IV (X360) | 19th Oct - 29 hours | 4/5
48. Tetris Effect Connected (XOne) | 18th Nov - 1 hour | 5/5
49. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (XOne) | 3rd Dec - 4 hours | 4/5
50. Deathsiles IIX: Makai no Christmas (X360) | 5th Dec - ½ hour | 4/5
51. Star Fox (SNES) | 10th Dec - 1 hour | 4/5
52. Ridge Racer (PS1) | 16th Dec - 1 hour | 4/5
53. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) | 21st Dec - 17 hour | 5/5
54. Psychic 5 (Arcade) | 28th Dec - 1 hour | 5/5

System Totals
3DS - 2
Amiga - 1
Arcade - 6
Dreamcast - 2
GameCube - 1

IOS - 2
N64 - 1
NES - 4
PC - 2
PS1 - 1
PS2 - 1
PS4 - 1
SNES - 2
Steam - 1
Switch - 1
Xbox 360 - 10
Xboe One - 16

Last edited:

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
3. Kung Fu (NES)

1-loop clear of Kung Fu on the NES. This later turned into my first ever speedrun submitted to speedrun dot com for fastest completion on the PAL version of the game.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
4. Out Run (Arcade)

Getting to Goal D in the arcade version of Out Run. I never get tired of this game

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
5. The Outer Worlds (XOne)

I had a lot of fun with this game. I had little expectation going in, but it turned out that the planet hopping was executed quite well and I really enjoyed the story and the 50s Sci-Fi theme of the game. A great start to a new franchise.

ERQEQ6iWAAEEbiz

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
6. Daytona USA (Arcade)
Me getting first place on all 3 tracks on the Daytona USA arcade machine.
Once you learn how to drive with Manual Transmission and figure out the drifthing mechanics in the game, it totally changes from somwhat stiff to almost Outrun 2 style of gameplay.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
7. Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)

Once I'd started I couldn't put this game down. There was surprisingly few instances of backtracking but the game played well.

ERvC3g4XUAE051d

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
8. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (XOne)

This game was awesome. Felt like oldschool Castlevania

ESCbeJRXYAIBdJh

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
16. Psychonauts - 02/03/2020

Last year I played Psychonauts I came a cross a lot of unfortunate audio glitches that marred the game since, like, the story and comedy are what make Psychonauts the game it is. I spent the time since then camping my local game store trying to find a new copy, and when I finally did the copy I get is somehow even worse. It straight up skipped over the ending!

This blows. I love Psychonauts, I've played it to death and it's one of my favourite games.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
49. Devil's Kiss
C8A27DBFD34514EEB41F1046CCFDE60C04638BD5
3600AE8F59CDB8CB813546C690933FA80D7D8B22

...well the only cheevo in the game did say in its description that this is a game, so this Visual Novel counts! It acts as a prequel to the events of Lair of the Clockwork God, the 3rd Ben and Dan game. While not necessary to playing the game, I figured I'd give it a try and well...it had some nice humor IMHO with some interesting references to 90s and late 90s video games.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
17. UnderHero - 02/03/2020

Y'all, get on this if you have even the slightest interest in RPGs. It's rad as hell.

Last edited:

Whimsicalish

Dec 30, 2019
Midwest
21 | Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
O0Pde1G.png

PC Steam | March 02 | ~5.5hrs | 3/5

Started the game, watched the opening, and then realized I did not play the first one (haha). I played some hidden object games from this developer and thought I played the first one. I wasn't completely lost on the story since I missed the first. A couple characters were mentioned and shown from the first but I'm not sure how important it is to play it. I guess I was so engrossed into the game that I forgot to take my own screenshots.

All in all, not a terrible point and click, hidden object game. The highlight was the puzzles themselves. The story leaves you wanting, fairly generic. The characters aren't too interesting. The graphics and voice acting has aged.

But I was still entertained and finished it. I took it less seriously and may have laughed at some of it.

Main Post

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Indivisible-Characters-Anija.png

15. Indivisible (Xbox One) Mar 2 23 Hrs ★★
Didn't start off too well. Directions weren't clear and Anja was kind of an asshole. Once I figured out combat more started to gel. And by the end I quite enjoyed Anja's story. Some of the platforming getting up the castle thing was rough.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
main post

11. Summer Pockets (PC) 40 hours, Mar 3
I was craving some slice of life so I found this around the time it came out on Steam. It had been quite a while since I last played a VN so I gave it a shot and fell in love with it at first. My favorite game of all time is Persona 4 and this game has a similar set up. You're a city boy coming to a rural area for the summer, making friends and enjoying your time. The first 3 or so routes were great, I was happy enough to end it there since I didn't really care about the 4th character. But apparently doing all the routes unlocked a "true route" so I went through it. Wasn't really worth it in my opinion, I didn't find them that interesting.

There's a table tennis mini-game and Pokemon-style mini-game also in this VN. Usually mini-games in VNs aren't all that great but I had fun with these.
Still though, 40 hours of mostly reading with some gameplay mixed in is pretty exhausting. I used to be able to just consume VNs like water but not anymore it seems.

X9vXKlz.png