52 TV seasons. 1 Year. 2020 edition

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Why not, I might as well go all in on these lists this year.

Bing147 - 4/52 Seasons

1. Watchmen Season 1 - January 9th ★★★★★
2. The Mandalorian Season 1 ★★★★
3. Fleabag Season 1 ★★★★.5
4. Fleabag Season 2 ★★★★★

Last edited:

KingFox

May 17, 2018
KingFox - 05/52

~ January ~
01. American Horror Story: 1984 [FX] - ★★★½
02. Dracula [BBC] - ★★½
03. Spinning Out S1 [Netflix] - ★★★½
04. Messiah S1 [Netflix] - ★★★
05. Obsolete S1 [YouTube Premium] - ★★★

Watched newbies Spinning Out and Messiah and I have to say that both surprised me in turning out being better than expected.

Though to be honest I was planning on quitting Messiah as soon as my eyes would stop rolling after seeing a tornado completely level a Texas town, except of course its church that was miraculously left standing. But, as I saw someone mention elsewhere about this show is that it has a way of you still wanting to see what happens next. I also liked Michelle Monaghan in her role, as well as her Israeli counterpart Aviram. And let's not forget Mehdi Dehbi as the main man himself.

Spinning Out is your basic paint-by-the-numbers sports drama. Overbearing skate mom who is trying to relive former glory thru her kids, jealous competitors, people dealing with possible career ending injuries etc, you know the drill. On top of that serious mental health issues and obviously lots of love drama. Gotta have that too. So much drama. It is a type of thing I usually don't watch, but I actually enjoyed it. Special shout out to Amanda Zhou for being the secret MVP of the show. And Mandy.

Obsolete is a short 6x12 minutes mecha anime that was free to watch on YouTube. Basic plot, slick animation and decent action.

Next I'm gonna check out Medical Police on Netflix* and then on Monday it's time to finally give Watchmen a go. I need a four star or more show. In Lindelof we trust.

* Gave it two episodes and I wish I hadn't. Terrible just terrible.

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
dead souls - 03/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
03. Schitt's Creek (S4)- ★★★★

Finally catching up since the final season just started. Not ashamed to admit the finale made me cry.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
03. Infinity Train (S1) - ★★★
04. Oh Jerome, No (S1) - ★★★★★
05. Medical Police (S1) - ★★★★

Markofhavoc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Markofhavoc

1. Dracula ★★★
Boy those first two episodes were amazing, don't know why they decided to pull that twist to end it.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
03. Infinity Train (S1) ★★★ 1/2
04. Infinity Train (S2) ★★★ 1/2

Decided to watch the first one before getting into the second one. Both were pretty good with no complains about either.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
KOfLegend - /52 Seasons!

January

01. 1/2 - Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer (S1) [Netflix] - ★★★★ /// Fantastic documentary! Sending my contact info to Baudi Moovan in case I suddenly disappear!

02. 1/7 - The Morning Show (S1) [Apple TV+] - ★★★½ /// It's a shame this received lukewarm reception, because the reviews almost stopped me from watching it. The first three episodes are weak, yes, but the show absolutely shines after that point. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston both deliver fantastic performances. Can't wait for S2!

03. 1/15 - AJ and the Queen (S1) [Netflix] - ★ /// I love drag. I love Drag Race. I love drag queens. I love drag culture. I love LGBTQIA+ media. I love camp. I did not love this. This was painful to watch. Please do not watch this.

04. 1/17 - The Circle (S1) [Netflix] - ★★★ /// This was some of the best trashy Reality TV that I’ve ever seen. I thought the concept was extremely interesting and it was ridiculously addicting. If there’s going to be a S2, I’m definitely in.

Other Challenges:
52 Games. 1 Year. 2020.
50 books. 50 movies. One year - 2020 edition

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ok let's try this then!

Season #1 - The Witcher Season 1
Episodes: 8

I ended up really liking it even tho I wasn't sure what to expect going in with the mixed response, and it was quite hard to get into in the first couple of episodes because the editing seemed super weird, but once I realised that each story is happening in a different time (I'm not even going to spoiler tag that because I legit think it's something everyone should know going in to not get blndsided by it) it all made a lot mroe sense. It's also a show that gets better the further in you get, the last couple of episodes in particular are great. Cavil clearly loves the material but the rest of the cast was great too I think, especially Yen and Jaskier. It's a very solid foundation for season 2 even if it's a bumpy ride to get there.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
03. Infinity Train (S1) - ★★★
04. Oh Jerome, No (S1) - ★★★★★
05. Medical Police (S1) - ★★★★
06. Hell's Kitchen (S12) - ★★★

Oct 25, 2017
The Ocean
SlipperyFishes : 3/52

Completed:
1. The Witcher - ★★★
2. You (S2) - ★★★★
3. ST: Discovery (S2) - ★★★★
Currently Watching:
Doctor Who: S12 - ★★ so far

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
ItchyTast: 2/52
1. The Crown S3 - ★★★
2. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance S1 - ★★★★

Next up: The Witcher!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
(1) You S2 [[Netflix]] - ★★★½

Now an original Netflix production, S2 builds on everything that made S1 great. The second season takes time to flesh out its source material with changes and additions, some subtle and others more apparent, for the better. Where You really elevates itself is in its carefully crafted characterization and exposition wrapped up in an atmosphere equal parts harrowing, creepy and familiar. Can't wait to see what's in store going forward.

(2) Lost In Space S2 [[Netflix]] - ★★½☆☆

The first season of this series bored me; the second, addictive to say the least. Lost In Space is, from a production standpoint, the best looking show on TV at the moment. No expense is spared in its budget. If you turn your brain off and enjoy it for what it is, it provides a thrilling ride. Writing (constant deus ex machinas, trope riddled characters) and pacing (stuck in 6th gear) could use work but what the show lacks here, it makes up for with its action dependent narrative.
Blown away by how good The Morning Show is. Sorry for the long write-up (spoilers), but the show deserves it.

(3) The Morning Show S1 [[Apple TV+]] - ★★★★½

Where to begin. This show pulls back the curtains and reveals the dynamics at play that come into motion when powerful corporations, entities and people engage in insular practices with one purpose in mind. Protecting their own self interests above all else. TMS tackles these issues with sexual misconduct being the driver of the narrative and handles it in its rawest and most unadulterated form while brilliantly crafting an effective and powerful balance between its characters personal motivations, interpersonal dynamics and moral ambiguities that influence numerous interweaving plot threads. The entire season is captivating but the final 3 episodes are spellbinding and make the viewer bounce between every emotion on the spectrum. Hannah in the hotel room in Vegas with Mitch; Hannah confronting Fred and being silenced; Mitch victim blaming Hannah; Claire walking in on Hannah OD'd; all the final scenes of the season between Alex and Bradley... could go on and on, TMS absolutely murders the message its trying to get across in these episodes and does it beautifully. From the writing to the production to the chemistry of the cast everything works splendidly here. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston have great gravitas and work off one another wonderfully. Their characters, Alex and Bradley, likewise counterbalance each other perfectly and bring such an interesting contrast to one another while sometimes straddling but never quite veering into caricatures. Steve Carell is excellent as Mitch. Billy Crudup as Cory... has to be one of the most interesting and well written characters on television. Claire and Yanko's complicated relationship, Chip... Mia... so many multifaceted characters. I can't fucking wait for season 2. Apple TV+ may lack in content in comparison to competitors but The Morning Show is one of the best shows on television at the moment. Easily. It's natural to compare it to HBO's The Newsroom or The West Wing but The Morning Show is unique in its own regard and is perfectly positioned to tackle a lot of interesting topics going forward.

Last edited:

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
1. The Boys S1 (Amazon Prime Video) - Completed on 02/01
2. Estoy Vivo S1 (Spanish TV show on Amazon Prime Video) - Completed on 04/01
3. Estoy Vivo S2 - Completed on 06/01
4. Estoy Vivo S3 - Completed on 09/01
5. Reawakening of Saiki K (Netflix)- Completed on 14/01
6. You S1 (Netflix) - Completed on 15/01

Currently watching:
AHS: Roanoke
AJ and the queen
Saiki K Season 2 (yeas, I did watch them out of order... tee hee)
The Purge S1
Fleabag

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
05. Superstore (S4) - ★★★★

I got found out about the season finale, but it hurt me just as well, especially since I know all the characters more. Great season overall. Alao... Sue Heck!

That's it for bringing (unless I find the time for Harley Quinn). Back to my regularly scheduled Spring 2020 watch. In the summer, I plan on filling up the last gaps of shows I watched with Mom and The Carmichael Show, go through On My Block and finish a series I had been trying to for years: Xena Warrior Princess.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Spectromixer - 5/52 Seasons

Seasons:
  1. Runaways (2017 - 2019) - Season 3 ( 7 episodes)*
  2. Dracula (2020) - (3 episodes)
  3. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 3 (37 episodes)
  4. Infinity Train (2019 - Present) - Book II (10 episodes)
  5. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 4 (18 episodes)

*partial season, watched the other part of the season in 2019

Total episodes - 75

52 Books | 52 Movies 2020 Challenge
5th season complete